• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cuphead Spirit Board Announced

cuphead.jpg

Today, the official Japanese twitter account for Super Smash Bros. announced that four spirits from Cuphead will be available in Smash on February 14th (Friday). These spirits will be available for five days and include Cuphead, Mugman, the Devil, and King Dice.

At the time of this writing, no other information is available.

Author's Note: Are you excited for Cuphead spirits? I am. Glad to see such a good game getting recognized in Smash. Let us know in the comments below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

I'm not hesitating to grab each one... I wish there was a special seperate section for event boards... Similar to how you access the DLC boards... It could be how they implement old events into the normal spirirt boards months later, like I've been wanting them too

D
It could be how they implement old events into the normal spirirt boards months later, like I've been wanting them too
They already have been. As of Byleth's release, only the Resident Evil and Astral Chain event spirits have not been added to the regular spirit board.

It's nice to see some notable indies getting into Ultimate one way or another :)

Last edited:
I just recently finished Cuphead for the first time this past Saturday and I loved it. I love the 1930s cartoon style of the game and I love the fast pace action of it. I played through the whole game without using any upgrades. I look forward to grabbing those Spirits on the 14th.

Playing through these spirit battles reminds me that I need to play through Cuphead. I'm stuck on the second island, but if I got through Celeste, I can get through this.

Also, one interesting detail is that the spirit battles change significantly depending on whether or not you have the DLC. At the very least, the background music for all of the fights changes to Floral Fury, and the fights for Cuphead and Mugman are Mii fighters with the Cuphead outfits. (I think that, without DLC, they're portrayed by Mega Man instead)

Last edited:
Top Bottom