• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cubone's Ladder! Summer Ladder begins!

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone

Updates:

1. Stage list updated!
  2. Brawl- Ladder removed.
  3. All infinites legal

What is this nonsense?
I took the time to set up a wifi ladders for anyone to compete in. There is currently a ladder for: vBrawl(Regular Brawl) Only (Project M is a possibility if the demand presents itself). At the end of each season, the top 16 who completed at least 5 matches are seeded into a single elimination playoff tournament.

What are the rules?
Rules can be found in the following post. If any clarification is needed, just VM,PM, or ask here.

Why is this stupid stage legal!?!?!?
First off, no johns. Secondly, I believe in a very liberal stage list and feels it makes brawl more unique as a fighting game. I also believe many stages are banned without given a try first (e.g. Big Blue) or banned for the simple reason that people find the stage "gay" (e.g.. Green Greens.) Other stages have reasons for being banned but I don't see them as banworthy due to saying the hazard or tactic is overly centralizing (e.g. Cars on PTAD). Due to the sheer size of my stage list, you're given 2 bans instead of the usual 1 so make full use of them. Should issues start to arise with a stage it will be looked into.

Where do I sign up?
There is no formal sign up. Simply complete a ladder match and report the results in this thread or to me via PM/VM. Don't be alarmed if things aren't immediately updated, I tend to wait until a good numbers of matches have been done before updating.

How do I find matches?
You visit this chat. The same chat room can also be found here. The xat makes communicating much much easier, however you can still set up matches through vms and pms if you would like. Many of us hang out in this xat on a regular basis, so don't think you can only come when you want to ladder. More often then not there will be many side discussions about various things.

Where can I see how I'm doing?
You can scroll down to the 5th post and see the current season's rankings. There is a link next to each one for more detailed rankings that can be found on the webs.com page.

Why is this thing decorated in Christmas colors?
Coincidence. My favorite three colors are Green, Black, and Red, in that order. Black doesn't show up well on the forum is all.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
vBrawl Rules:

3 Stock

Eight (8) minute time limit.

Best of 5

All items off and set to none.

If time runs out during a match, Sudden Death will never be played. Use the following rules instead:

• *If one player has more stock remaining than the other, the victor will be the player with the most stock.
    *If the stock count is tied, then the player with the lowest damage percent wins the round.
    *If Sudden Death is forced by one player using a "suicide" move (Kirby/Dedede Swallow, Ganondorf Flame Choke, Bowser Bomb, Wario Bite, etc.), then whoever initiated the suicide move wins the game.
    *If both the percent and stock are tied at the end of a match, a one (1) stock, two (2) minute match will be played. This match must be played on the same level as the game prior and with the same characters. Whoever wins this 1-stock playoff wins the game.
    Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Stalling is banned. Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 250% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

First match will be played on a starter stage, decided upon by stage striking where the lower ranked player will first strike (striking is choosing a neutral to elimatinate from the list) 1 stage, then the other player will strike 2 stages. Player one will strike 2 more, followed by Player two striking two more. Then the player who struck first will decide which of the 2 remaining stages will be played. After this match follow these steps

• 1. Winner of the first match will choose a 2 stages to ban. These cannot be changed later.
    2. Loser will then choose a Counterpick and the winner will announce the character is being used. (If there is a change in character that was not mentioned then loser needs to end the match ASAP. The changed character will be locked in and the loser will be able to choose a new character. The game will then restart on the same stage)
    3. Loser will be able to choose a different character.
    4. Repeat 2 and 3 as needed

You may not pick a stage that you won on a previous match.

NO JOHNS

You may only play another player once a day, however you can challenge as many players as you would like each day.

Stages:

• Starter

*Final Destination
    *Smashville
    *Battlefield
    *Halberd
    *Lylat Cruise
    *Pokemon Stadium 1
    *Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
    *Delfino Plaza
    *Castle Siege

Counter Pick

*Pictochat
    *Frigate Orpheon
    *Brinstar
    *Rainbow Cruise
    *Jungle Japes
    *Pirate Ship
    *Norfair
    *Luigi's Mansion
    *Green Greens
    *Port Town Aero Drive
    *Pokemon Stadium 2
    *Yoshi's Island Melee

Reporting Results:

Send me a private/visitor message on smashboards (username is Cubone) of who won and the score. Please put Ladder in the subject somewhere.

OR

Post at http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262261
(leads back to this thread.)
It is only necessary for one of the players to send the results, however, should issues of dishonesty begin to arise it will be changed. I will keep a record of who won vs who in case any issues arrise.

At the end of each season (2 months) there will be a single elimination playoffs for the top 16. The only catch to this is that you must have at least 5 sets done to be eligible. Exceptions can be made if you joined late in the season or have what I deem a reasonable excuse.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Cubone's Online Ladder! Season 4 Begins! *Brawl- and MKW fun added*

How to get Brawl-

You don't.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Current vBrawl SeasonDetailed vBrawl Rankings
No Matches done yet.

Past Seasons

vBrawl Season 1
1. PwnerBren7
2. Rawnie
3. Shadowfirex100
4. Cubone

vBrawl Season 2
1. 8bitman
2. Cubone
3. Sonic Storm
4. Pikadude

vbrawl Season 3
1. Cody
2. Pikadude
3. Jblondie
4. DTK

vbrawl Season 4
Never Finished

vBrawl Summer Season

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Cubone means serious business if he made a site solely for a ladder ranking.

I shall go by Josh in this ladder :p

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
No.
<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zCPQC9Wlj60?fs=1&autoplay=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zCPQC9Wlj60?fs=1&autoplay=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
That makes 5 currently on the ladder! 6 if I ever feel like adding my brother.
Keep them coming folks nd lets get this thing to take off !

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Magik0722

ill sign up, does the winner get anything at all?
If I ever get to the point where I have a base to do 32 people tourneys (50+ active particapants) I would start giving out wii points as a prize. If it doesn't than no prizes.

Both of you have been added.

Aibou

Smash Master
When can we start playing people? And can we challenge anyone on the ladder?

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
When can we start playing people? And can we challenge anyone on the ladder?
You can play anyone on the ladder whenever you want (Only limit is 1 match with any person per day). I'm looking at doing a tournament for the top however many every other month at the time being.

Its broken up into tiers (A-G) and the points from a win are based on their tier in comparison to yours. For example, a win against someone of equal tier is 12 points. A loss is -3 points regardless of tier. I have a table done saying what point ranges fall into which tier.

Added everyone thus far. ;)

Aibou

Smash Master
Tomorrow afternoon I want to get ***** by play everyone on the ladder.

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
Alright, put me down too. Use ENNH if ElNoNombreHombre is too long for you.

I'll see you all at the bottom, guys (and any gals in attendance).

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Lemme say, if you haven't joined you're missing out :)
Neherazade I'll get ya tommorow but you can go ahead and play just post the results.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Top Bottom