• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CT ZeRo's Coaching Program

MrZero

Smash Cadet
Thank you!

There'll be a video of me in the tourney I went to yesterday. Of course, it was my absolute worst match there. I'll post the link whenever I see it's up.

Also, my teammate and I need to learn how to work together better. I use Marth, and he uses MK and Ness. Any ideas on how we can use this pair up to our advantage?

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Wow, that coaching video for Wusi really is helping me a lot. Good thing is that I already do plenty of dash attack, grabs like you stated ZeRo but man these vids are good. I would have loved myself to be have something like that but I don't have a single vid of me :(
Here's my credentials(?)
Main: Fox and MK to cover ICs and doubles
Area: Ohio, U.S.
Questions: Not many since I am running short on time currently lol, but mostly concerned with spacing, mindgames and how to prepare for "exotic" MUs such as Mario, Luigi and other rare characters lol. Also something like covering options and how to make good decisions such as choosing the best options.Oh I forgot, I could use some tips on variety on approaches and recovery too....

Vids: I don't have any, I don't think I can hack my Black Wii enough to get some vids up.
Thank you. Also I will follow/subscribe as soon as I get my accounts set up but they might be in different names though.

card28

Smash Rookie
Twitch and Youtube: squirtlesquad28

Who do you main? Main: Diddy Secondary/Pocket: MK, King Dx3 I'm trying to build a good Marth
Where are you from? Cincinnati, Ohio, USA (i.e a dead brawl scene)
In what areas do you want to improve on? Defensive tactics, mostly spacing, and shielding
Any questions you'd like answered? What are tbe best ADHD/Gnes/ Player-1 videos to study from?
Recent videos? Will have up sometime soon

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Twitch and Youtube: squirtlesquad28

Who do you main? Main: Diddy Secondary/Pocket: MK, King Dx3 I'm trying to build a good Marth
Where are you from? Cincinnati, Ohio, USA (i.e a dead brawl scene)
In what areas do you want to improve on? Defensive tactics, mostly spacing, and shielding
Any questions you'd like answered? What are tbe best ADHD/Gnes/ Player-1 videos to study from?
Recent videos? Will have up sometime soon
Sir, are you from Cincy as well? I am from Cincy! Well, to not derail the thread, I will not post anything like this here. If mods ever see this, please delete this lol.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
All I have is replays on my wii, is there an easy way to transfer them into a format easy for you to look at?

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Excellent! I love all this requests. I'll get to all of them properly during tommorow's stream! Stay tuned guys :D

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Thank you ZeRo! As always, will be looking forward to this! Hope I don't miss it and that even if I miss it will be recorded!

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
I main MK/Puff
I live in TX(I live in Tyler and we have a small scene here but I play with Dallas alot(denti/infinity, notably)
I would like to improve on my habbit breaking and my adaptabiliy/download speed. It takes me roughly 3 months to figure out a player lmao
Who's the lowest/worst character you consider Tourney Viable?

Videos:
MK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsBoqTka5ZYVs. Cosmo(pls help me with this MU)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guAuWUwzHAYVs. Infinity(he's just a much better player than me but still lol)

Puff I guess: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQvUE4gvQsIVs. Rave

twitch name: TM_icecream
Youtube: Jared Frazier

I've already subbed to everything except your personal twitch until now lmao

Loaf of Bread

Smash Rookie
Hey CT Zero,

Just want to start off saying, I'm a huge clashtournaments fan and love what you guys are doing and enjoy watching all of the videos that you guys post.
Also slightly off topic but is there a place where I can download the stagehacks or package used for clashtournament videos I would love to start using that.

Now for the on topic portion:
I have followed everything under the username "loafalco"

Who do you main? Falco (Close Secondary) = Marth

Where are you from? Originally: Cherry Hill, New Jersey; Currently: Salem, Virginia

In what areas do you want to improve on? Obviously all areas, but specifically knowing high level play thinking processes and learning to implement them without hesitation. I play too "by the book" and can become predictable, especially with Falco when trying to get the kill. Also learning to deal with online lag has been a large hurdle for me, it is very frustrating. Which leads me to the next question.

Any questions you'd like answered? How did you overcome the lag in online play. Also do you counterpick stages based on player, character, or a combination and what factors go into that. Also, how does one become sponsored? Not that I am qualified at all, I am just wondering, and am interested if I ever am able to get good enough.

Recent videos? Unfortunately I do not currently have any worthy recent videos but this Saturday I am going to a tournament and hopefully will be able to snag some replays, and if I am not able to I will find someone online to stomp me and upload those. You are welcome to check out my youtube channel for videos, I have some uploaded, more recent ones have been combo video related. Also you may or may not be interested in the universal matchup playlist database I have organized of thousands of higher level play matches. Just check out my playlist section and you will see what I mean. It is slightly absurd how much time I have spent putting those together lol. http://www.youtube.com/user/Loafalco

I am extremely motivated to improve and would love for you to coach me through the plateaus. Thank you so much for doing this.

-- Loaf

TSM ZeRo

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delays, I've been working on a lot of stuff (Smash and school more than anything) so I haven't been able to dedicate a stream to my coaching program yet. However, fear not! Tommorow is going to be completely dedicated to it! Playing viewers, critiquing videos and giving out tips are going to be the theme for tommorow's stream!

Catch me up at: http://www.twitch.tv/gonzalo_zero/new
When? After Crossfire 2 is done!

TSM ZeRo

I think I may watch your videos just to practice my spanish comprehension, haha. Your dedication to this community is pretty cool :)
Some of them are in Spanish, though! Most of them are in English. Thank you by the way. Like I've said before I love our community :D

REMINDER: Stream will be up after Crossfire 2 ends! Come watch the tourney at: www.twitch.tv/clashtournaments

TSM ZeRo

I've contacted everyone that hasn't provided a video with their coaching tips!

For everyone who has provided a video, wait for me to stream my critique about you! Sorry for the delay, and thanks for your patience. It will be worth it!

Greetings to everyone!

TSM ZeRo

All I have is replays on my wii, is there an easy way to transfer them into a format easy for you to look at?
Yeah, just upload them to mediafire and PM the link to me, or have someone record them for you online (by sending them the replays in the same fashion). But I could potentially have them on my SD and play them from there.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Thank you CT ZeRo, this is great! I will see to myself improving! More should join really, especially the new ones like myself lol.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Who do you main? Marth
Where are you from? Sweden
In what areas do you want to improve on? -What should I do when I lose the lead and I'm losing by almost or an entire stock or 3/4 of stock against heavy campers like Falco or Olimar? I'm good when I actually have the lead but when I'm losing I don't know how to make comebacks reliably. Like I lose my shape in strings and suddenly am unable to rack up damage really quickly which I can when it's either even or I have the lead. Maybe I choose too predictable options? I get hit by too much stuff? I don't pick the right options to break their camping game? Any general patterns heavy projectile campers like to follow when they are winning? EDIT: I have another question. How do you adapt? Do you watch their patterns and then hard read? Do you change the way to approach when adapting? Or does adapting work in a different way?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Thanks a lot Zero, your feedback is great and very much appreciated

D

Deleted member

Hey ZeRo! My twitch is fireballx576 and my youtube is blackfirekhaos5173

Who do you main? I main Toon Link and Wario.
Where are you from? I'm from SoCal (Los Angeles, California)
In what areas do you want to improve on? I need to improve on being aggro at the right moments with TL. Sometimes when camping an MK will go through projectiles and approach you where you can take some massive %, so I need to work on being defensive and punishing some options. How would you suggest I work on reaction time and good punishments?
Any questions you'd like answered? I want to know the TL/MK mu from an MK's point of view, so I know exactly what kinds of things an MK has trouble with so I can focus on that. I also want to know if it's better to keep away from an approaching MK, or do a fast Nair/Bair to defend. At what % should I start looking (but not fishing) for the kill? Finally, how do I deal with off stage pressure/potiental gimps/shuttle loops?
For wario, how should you approach a camping MK and be safe without getting too much % from trades?
Recent videos?
None that are recent from top level play. Well none that are uploaded yet.
*edit*
I only have a 1$ mm with my friend Wafty from a socal regional last month. It isnt TL vs MK, but it's my most recent offline match.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmJXc7Tsefw

Thanks in advance!

TreezNTreflips

Smash Rookie
(obv. followed and subscribed to both before posting)
Hey zero, real quick, how do you do the quick turn around trick that all the pros can do?
I've seen a lot of people do it, but an example is in this video @ 2:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1UQ9uUkhdQw

Who do you main? Snake
Where are you from? Connecticut
In what areas do you want to improve on? Techniques, reaction speed, reading an opponent etc.
Any questions you'd like answered? Just the one
Recent videos? Nope never, maybe when I don't suck

TSM ZeRo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcHYvegzITU
This is my most recent video. it got uploaded yesterday so I might as well put it here =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSnfT1D2dwA&feature=youtu.be

Here's my bad recording from my last tourney. Critique away!

Hey CT Zero,

Just want to start off saying, I'm a huge clashtournaments fan and love what you guys are doing and enjoy watching all of the videos that you guys post.
Also slightly off topic but is there a place where I can download the stagehacks or package used for clashtournament videos I would love to start using that.

Now for the on topic portion:
I have followed everything under the username "loafalco"

Who do you main? Falco (Close Secondary) = Marth

Where are you from? Originally: Cherry Hill, New Jersey; Currently: Salem, Virginia

In what areas do you want to improve on? Obviously all areas, but specifically knowing high level play thinking processes and learning to implement them without hesitation. I play too "by the book" and can become predictable, especially with Falco when trying to get the kill. Also learning to deal with online lag has been a large hurdle for me, it is very frustrating. Which leads me to the next question.

Any questions you'd like answered? How did you overcome the lag in online play. Also do you counterpick stages based on player, character, or a combination and what factors go into that. Also, how does one become sponsored? Not that I am qualified at all, I am just wondering, and am interested if I ever am able to get good enough.

Recent videos? Unfortunately I do not currently have any worthy recent videos but this Saturday I am going to a tournament and hopefully will be able to snag some replays, and if I am not able to I will find someone online to stomp me and upload those. You are welcome to check out my youtube channel for videos, I have some uploaded, more recent ones have been combo video related. Also you may or may not be interested in the universal matchup playlist database I have organized of thousands of higher level play matches. Just check out my playlist section and you will see what I mean. It is slightly absurd how much time I have spent putting those together lol. http://www.youtube.com/user/Loafalco

I am extremely motivated to improve and would love for you to coach me through the plateaus. Thank you so much for doing this.

-- Loaf

Aight, got a video now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH511lH3VRc
Excuse us for our terrible-ness at times.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I really love what you are doing here. I watch your commentaries even though I don't main that specific character. It really does help a lot. Btw Oreimo HYPE!!!( assume you watch it because of your sig)

YouTube:hichez50
Twitch:hichez

Who do you main?
Lucario

Where are you from?
Georgia

In what areas do you want to improve on?
Adaptability and capitalizing on punishes.

Any questions you'd like answered?
How to top level players get hard reads during game 1 of a set?
Any advice on how to improve on the MK MU without having a top MU in the GA region? I already watch many lucario videos on Youtube.

Recent videos?
This is from a recent tournament in GA. Vs. Player-1
I ban FD. Player-1 bans Lylat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evpF_kCunS0&feature=youtu.be

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
TwitchTV: Yoshi8984
Youtube: MrTimtendo

Main: My true main is Ness, though I also use Kirby, Peach, Yoshi, Lucas and Toon Link, but I don't think my Yoshi/Peach/Lucas are up to par in tourney, so I just stick with Ness lol

Also I am probably (one of) the youngest Smashers, I'm only 15 and my first tourney was in June 2012 when I was 14 xD

What I want to improve on: Reading dodges, maintaining a lead (this I tend to struggle with the most), and fighting Snake and Olimar. Then again I am fairly new to the Smash scene (I've only gone to 3 tourneys LOL), so I'll just say MU exp in general. =P

Questions: How to improve on in the things I listed above.

Recent videos: uhhhhhhh none, unfortunately my most recent tourney had no replays recorded. -__-
Any other videos are from wi-fail. :p

TKD

Smash Lord
I think you should work on making a complete competitive SSBB guide if you have this much energy. Your video about using grab as a counter and working with the opponent's shield/no-shield conditioning was really good, and could be expanded on and made into its own topic in the guide. I just think a guide would be awesome. If you think it'd be too much work, you could look at CunningKitsune's super smash bros melee guide on GameFAQs.com for inspiration.

TSM ZeRo

I think you should work on making a complete competitive SSBB guide if you have this much energy. Your video about using grab as a counter and working with the opponent's shield/no-shield conditioning was really good, and could be expanded on and made into its own topic in the guide. I just think a guide would be awesome. If you think it'd be too much work, you could look at CunningKitsune's super smash bros melee guide on GameFAQs.com for inspiration.
I've had this idea for a while. I'm just thinking in how to do it and what direction I should take when creating it. Also! I mained Fox in Melee and Cunning's guide was my introduction to my passion for making guides and to get better with Fox too, obviously!

Thanks for the suggestion TKD :D.

Hi Zero. I didn't post a video in my last post so am I posting one now. Can you please critique it the next time you do critiques on stream?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G6pQD3muTw
This was on aib ladder. My opponent banned fd.
Sure!

Guys, in the next streaming session I'll be covering all the new requests! It'll happen today in the afternoon. Make sure to follow my Twitch channel and Sub to my YouTube to stay tuned with the video content!

Greetings ~

1Miguel1

Smash Cadet
NNID
m1Miguel1
Who do you main? ROB. Secondary=Ice Climbers

Where are you from? Stockholm, Sweden

In what areas do you want to improve on? Techskill, reaction time, spacing, and one more thing that I forgot.

Any questions you'd like answered? Not right now.

Recent videos? You saw me playing against sGale (GlacierRyu here on swf), but I will try to get some new vids up in a week or so.

luar1609

Smash Cadet
Who do you main? Metaknight.

Where are you from? Puerto Rico

In what areas dod you want to improve on? Tech skills, spacing, MUs, etc.

Any questions you'd like answered? I would like you to explain to me two obscure matchups. Peach and Ike (vs MK). There is a pretty decent Ike in my country and one of the best Peaches overall (he went to the states a few years ago and wrecked all other Peaches).

Recent videos? I'll get you videos as soon as possible.

Thanks! PS: I followed you and CT with luar1609.

TSM ZeRo

Haven't forgotten about this, ;). It's just that I've been quite busy this week with several things. I will probably do it today, or tommorow. Worst case scenario: Monday!

Greetings guys, thanks for the support, :D

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
Who do you main? Lucario and MK
Where are you from? Chile
In what areas do you want to improve on? Spacing, Cover options, Aproach, Adapt and and get out of juggling
Any question you'd like to be answered? some help with the Marth MatchUp with Lucario and MK
Recent videos? i don't have videos but i can send some replays, but all are serious friendlys

I already subscribed to the channels, the name it's the same.

Thanks in advance for this programs that you're doing and making the smash comunity grow.

Top Bottom