• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critical problem: Warning about music hacks

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
A couple weeks ago, I used the music swap program to switch around some of my songs. Today, I remembered that to change the music back, you just need to load up the codeset to fix it all: The "original songs". I searched far for some decent Brawl+ online competition, but every person I found, it ended up in a desync. With each person, I confirmed that we were using the same codeset and the same everything, attempting several games and resetting Wii's, etc. but it always desynched. So, I wondered if the codeset that I had used really reset them. Smashville-normal. Battlefield-normal...Final D-normal too. All the stages had their regular music, but I then checked the Main Menu tracks, and saw, to my horror, "Solid Snake Main Theme" as the fourth track. I loaded up the original-songs codeset again, yet it fixed nothing! The Solid Snake theme song remained. So, I turned off all homebrew and hacks, and booted Brawl normally, and the Solid Snake theme song was still there! Frantically seeking a solution, I tried to manually reset it, individually switching each song back--but then, I found that the hacker who made the program could not find the data for the 4th song! Now every game I play ends up in a desync: Hacks or no hacks.
My question is: Where is the customized music data stored? Apparently to get it back to the way it was, I'll have to delete whatever data puts the abnormal 4th song in for the Main Menu music, as that causes the desynchs.
Is it in the Brawl save data? If so, is there a way to copy that data to an SD card so I can save my stats before I must delete them, or is there another way to restore that 4th track back to what it should be?

In conclusion, if you use music hacks, DO NOT CHANGE THE MAIN MENU TRACK #4 OR YOU WILL GET NONSTOP DESYNCS ONLINE: PERMANENTLY. Even if you stop using my music codes, the problem will not cease. Even with no homebrew, it will remain there to desync you. Even if you change it to one of the Menu tracks, the difference will cause desyncs.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Here is a solution. Delete your Brawl save file from the Wii, start anew and use hacks to get all your stuff back

illinialex24

Smash Hero
This is why my video tutorial on how to hack your Wii also recommends that you don't use Music hacks. I got roughly 20 complaints with them and Gigabowser hacks, and the two combined made the vast majority of complaints I have gotten. All the others are issues with actually hacking it.

Revven

FrankerZ
Couldn't you just use a my music reset code to fix that?
Yes, it really isn't even very hard to use the actual code itself, people just make it look harder by not being able to understand how hex works.

Also, illinia, there's a Giga Bowser fix + others no wreck My Music code out there. Give that to people and problems are solved.

mofo_

Smash Ace
are you sure its permanent? im sure theres a solution like the my music reset code or somethin

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
I change my music every time I go somewhere to play offline. Then switch it back when I'm at home because a lot of my friends are too lazy to come over so we have to play online.

I've never had any issues. And I'm pretty sure I've changed the 4th track to the Main Menu.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
It says in his post that he hasn't found the hex for the 4th song. I ended up "fixing" it by downgrading, copying my Brawl data over to my computer, and starting anew by deleting it from my Wii.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Er... I told you that you could just use one of the my music reset codes, which would set the music on whatever stage it's supposed to reset to the factory default, completely removing the need to start anew.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Er... I told you that you could just use one of the my music reset codes, which would set the music on whatever stage it's supposed to reset to the factory default, completely removing the need to start anew.
I already explained that I tried that and it did not work for the main menu music 4th song.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
You sure about that? Were you using a true my music reset code (restores to factory default, as if you haven't unlocked any songs from the stage, yet) or were you just using the restore defaults code that program spits out?

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
I have a my music question too...
ever since I hacked my wii, I haven't been able to use my music in certain stages. for example: in Final Destination every now and then, a nameless song plays. its fairly similar to the original FD track, except for a different intro...now when I try to change settings in My Music for FD, the games freezes, whether I used hacks or not...
can this be fixed?

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
Learn the hex code (theres a good guide on allisbrawl) or ask someone (like me) to give you the code to put the 4th track back to normal. No need to make a big fuss about your reset code not working.

I have a my music question too...
ever since I hacked my wii, I haven't been able to use my music in certain stages. for example: in Final Destination every now and then, a nameless song plays. its fairly similar to the original FD track, except for a different intro...now when I try to change settings in My Music for FD, the games freezes, whether I used hacks or not...
can this be fixed?
You can either delete your data (why on earth would you?) or use the music reset codes search for them or ask someone.

PwnerBren7

Smash Journeyman
I have another music problem...
I used a hack to get all the challanges complete (I am lazy xD) and when I checked for the song zero two (plays on halberd) it wasnt there even though I had unlocked it. Any ideas?

Top Bottom