• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creating the Ultimate Life Form: Project Shadow

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
I've mentioned this in another thread, but I think he's wanted enough to deserve his own. Shadow the Hedgehog is coming to Brawl!

Running Animation

Chaos Control Dodge (Note that a still picture doesn't do the effect justice)

Chaos Boost

Chaos Lance

Okay, I've got the next version up and running. It's not nearly perfected yet; in fact, the two moves that have been giving me the most trouble (Chaos Control and Chaos Boost) are still practically the same as they were before. But I've got a version that doesn't freeze or bug out (at least not to my knowledge) and it has a whole set of new moves up for viewing. Keep in mind that it's still a beta version, and many gameplay aspects such as hitboxes and graphical effects have not even been altered from Sonic's in many cases. But at least he doesn't have stuff like sticky throws, etc.

Edit: Oops! That last version had a bug where you freeze if you stop Chaos Boost in mid-air. Fixed it - sorry!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lyq31mdcm2y/Shadow.pac

Bear in mind that Shadow's completely different than Sonic. I'm giving him an all-new moveset, with a totally different strategy and playing style. I'm also trying to be reasonably conservative with the special effects, reserving them mainly to his Smash attacks and Specials - with one notable and key exception: Considerable use of teleportation.

Okay, here's the rundown on what's new, what's old, and what's likely to change:

His initial Dash makes him both invisible and invincible, but it's really short so the invincibility period isn't as broken as it might sound. It's basically like a smaller dodge roll that turns into a run. He's actually visible (and vulnerable) during the first few frames of his dash, so while he might be able to use dash-dancing as a minor defensive technique, it doesn't actually make him untouchable (it's also very hard to dash-dance with him because of his unusually short dash period, even in Brawl+).
As before, Shadow's invisible while dodge rolling. He also has an invisibility period when rolling while getting up from the ground. This isn't a physical advantage (he's only invisible during the time that he'd be invincible anyway) but it makes Shadow a master of mindgames.
In this version, he's a little faster than Captain Falcon, and has low traction. He also slows down considerably in a stop-turn. All of his other attributes are the same as Sonic's. (much of his mobility status is subject to change.)

A Combo - Same as Sonic, but I plan on changing it.
F-tilt - Some modifications from Sonic, each of the different angles has a different animation.
U-tilt - A quick upwards swipe, weaker than Sonic's but excellent for juggling.
D-tilt - Same as Sonic, I'll probably keep it that way (with possible damage modification).
Dash Attack - Same as Sonic, not sure if I'll keep it that way.
N-air - Same as Sonic, not sure if I'll keep it that way.
F-air - A quick forwards swipe, the hitboxes are currently a lot smaller and weaker than I want them to be.
B-air - Same as Sonic, probably won't change.
U-air - Same as Sonic, probably won't change.
D-air - Almost the same as Sonic, but in reference to Shadow's version of this attack from Sonic Battle, he moves upwards a tiny bit before using it (not enough to seriously change the use of the move). He can also hit enemies while rising.
F-smash - Currently the same as Sonic's, might change.
U-smash - This move was inspired by Chaos Upper: Shadow lifts up one fist and it glows with dark energy, hitting enemies repeatedly before sending them upwards. I'm still working on getting the hitbox and graphics onto his fist, though.
D-Smash - Based on Chaos Magic, Shadow points at the ground in front of him and makes a burst of dark energy erupt. It hits enemies repeatedly before sending them upwards, but there is a sweetspot at the exact center of the burst at the beginning of the attack. I'm not sure why the graphical effect isn't working here...
Grab&Pummel: Same as Sonic, not much that can be altered here.
F-throw: Same as Sonic, not sure if I'll keep it that way.
B-throw: Shadow knocks the enemy into the ground, does a quick teleport behind them, then roundhouse kicks them from behind (I think I saw Shadow do this to Silver once in a cutscene). The positions are a bit off here, but it comes out reasonably well for the time being.
U-throw: Shadow does a quick kick and sends the enemy upwards. The animation is modified from Sonic's U-tilt.
D-throw: Shadow stomps on the enemy and roasts them with the jets from his shoes! I really like the way this one turned out.

Neutral B: Chaos Nightmare - Shadow shouts out and causes his fists to burn with dark energy, knocking enemies away. The graphics and hitboxes are not yet in there proper places, though. I intend to make this a primarialy defensive move that knocks enemies a good distance away but does little damage and has little knockback growth. When Shadow is in Chaos Boost mode, he will follow up with Chaos Snap, which brings him straight to the nearest enemy in a flash. The motion and positioning for Chaos Snap is not yet perfect, though. I put it in anyway.

Side B: Chaos Spear - Shadow's ranged attack (I still haven't decided on the graphics, so bear with me), and possibly a candidate to change in some way on account of its gimping ability and overall spammability. He throws out a super-fast projectile that cannot be reflected (although Ness and Lucas can absorb it), stunning enemies. It's damage power is pitiful, but it's good for setting up combos or just annoying people. If used in the air, it flies at a downwards angle, although it now puts Shadow into free-fall in order to prevent its abuse. When Shadow uses Chaos Boost, this attack is upgraded to the far more damaging Chaos Lance, although neither version of the attack is particularly good in the knockback department.

Up B: Chaos Control - Shadow spins around and teleports in order to get back to the stage. I'm still trying to figure out how to make it go in any direction (in the manner of Farore's Wind or some similar move), so you'll have to do with the beta version, which is basically the same as Sonic's spring jump only he's invincible and invisible while using it (actually, that probably is good enough to make this move broken...)

Down B: Chaos Boost - I still haven't made this move the way I want to, but its current version could give a general idea of how it'll work. Shadow maintains a hidden 'Chaos Boost Meter' that rises constantly over time. When Chaos Boost is used, Shadow gets powered up but his Chaos Boost meter begins to drop gradually. The ratio is approximately 1 second of Chaos Boost for every 6 seconds of normal fighting, with the maximum charge being 10 seconds after waiting for 1 minute (no, there is no indicator telling you how much you have, so you'll have to guess). However, Shadow can use Chaos Boost again to shut it down, allowing him to store power for later. Currently, the only moves that are affected by Chaos Boost are Chaos Nightmare and Chaos Spear, although I intend to make it boost all of his attack strength. Another plan I have (in order to prevent Shadow players from simply running away until their boost is full) is to make the boost rise only when Shadow lands an attack on an opponent (excluding Chaos Spear). I'm still trying to figure out how to make a 'condition on hit', so any help in this area would be appreciated... By the way, neither the color change nor the meter-changing coding has been mapped to all of Shadow's actions, but this is due to incompleteness, not an intended effect.

I took away all of Sonic's cheeky one-liners for his taunts. Shadow's Side Taunt is now his 'stunned' animation. Why? I don't know...
All of his winning animations have been changed. The timing on his 'Chaos Emerald' winning animation is way off, though (I want him to vanish as soon as he holds it up), as are the special effects on his 'Running' animation (the sparks appear in the center for some reason). As for his third animation, I gave him a gun... Just for kicks.
And finally, his losing animation is now his 'stunned' animation... because Shadow doesn't expect to lose.

Questions? Comments? Information on how to make an attack increase a variable if it connects (possibly by editing flags, but I don't think people have figured out very much about that yet), or information on how to create a teleport in any direction would be greatly appreciated for use in Chaos Boost and Chaos Control, respectively.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Need someone to make videos? I figure I cn do it if you'd like.
-DD

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I've got a friend who would be really excited for a shadow. I'll look at this in a week or so, especially after he has a little more progress done.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
I am extremely happy to see a (non-gun-toting) Shadow in the works. Shadow is my favorite Sonic character in the series (and yes, I have grown up with Sonic since Sonic 2, classic boys :p. Knuckles and Sonic themselves are extremely high up there as well). I would've probably mained him over Falco, which is quite a huge feat to accomplish.

The only thing I'll say is that, while Chaos Boost is a neat effect, I'm not entirely sure on how balancing would work. If feasible, I would probably add Chaos Magic/Roaming Chaos/Chaos Rift (from Sonic Battle and Sonic Chronicles respectively) over Chaos Boost while changing a few things - mapping Chaos Spear to neutral B and making it chargeable ala Sheik's needles, mimicking the action in Sonic 2006), Chaos Magic to side B (working the same way as Sonic Battle...or ironically Din's Fire), and the current Chaos Burst/Blast to down B (Chaos Control, of course, stays as up B). Of course, this is your project, so if you feel Chaos Boost could work, feel free to take it in that direction. I'm just throwing out ideas that you may or may not have thought of :chuckle:. Not to mention I'm not sure how much PSA limits either of our ideas.

Anyway, I hope this comes into fruition. I would love to play as Shadow once it's done.

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention that I love the Chaos Control-inspired movement ideas. DDing with Shadow would look so fun, as he'd just be vanishing to and fro :laugh:. Any chance forced get up animation could be rendered to look like his get up animation from Chronicles?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Regarding your initial dash speed idea -- I have to say it's kind of a really bad one. No offense! But to elaborate -- first off, giving someone a faster dash speed than run speed only means that they will never run. They will simply dash, dash, dash to get where they're going. This is bad for two reasons. One, well... nobody gets to see the cool run animations. Two, and more importantly, this contrasts from the rest of the cast entirely. Sometimes that's good, ...but not when it comes to dashing. When you get into the habit of traveling by dashing, it stays with you. If you try to go back to any other character, you'll waste your time dash-dashing around.

I'm being so opposed to this idea because a mere day or two after using Pheonix Mario (who has a much faster dash than run) I got stuck in the habit of dashing. It was only for a couple matches, but it still startled me how used to it you get. So... it's really not a good idea. Especially if dashing grants even more benefits than just getting around quickly.

Sorry to come out so vehemently against it, but it looks like you've put a lot of thought into this and I'd hate for you to fall into that trap.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I'll say is that, while Chaos Boost is a neat effect, I'm not entirely sure on how balancing would work. If feasible, I would probably add Chaos Magic/Roaming Chaos/Chaos Rift (from Sonic Battle and Sonic Chronicles respectively) over Chaos Boost while changing a few things - mapping Chaos Spear to neutral B and making it chargeable ala Sheik's needles, mimicking the action in Sonic 2006), Chaos Magic to side B (working the same way as Sonic Battle...or ironically Din's Fire), and the current Chaos Burst/Blast to down B (Chaos Control, of course, stays as up B). Of course, this is your project, so if you feel Chaos Boost could work, feel free to take it in that direction. I'm just throwing out ideas that you may or may not have thought of :chuckle:. Not to mention I'm not sure how much PSA limits either of our ideas.
I've actually considered a lot of these ideas already, and I decided against them for a few reasons, one of which is the limitations of PSA. It seems to be very limited (if it is capable at all) in its ability to create new projectile attacks for characters who don't already have projectiles (note that, while Chaos Spear is an extremely long-ranged attack that looks like a projectile, it is actually a physical attack as far as the game's programming is concerned). I'm still working on Chaos Boost, but if I can get it working the way I'd like (raising its time limit by attacking enemies quickly) then I think it would be a very suitable play mechanic for Shadow's style. As for Chaos Magic, although I can't make it work like Din's Fire, I think it would make an excellent down- or side-smash, if I can find the right animations.
I MIGHT use Chaos Rift as his Final Smash. The obvious FS would be Chaos Blast, of course, but I get the feeling that Brawl's designers specifically tried to avoid using big circular explosions when designing Final Smashes. Ah, whatever, I'll probably use Chaos Blast anyway.

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention that I love the Chaos Control-inspired movement ideas. DDing with Shadow would look so fun, as he'd just be vanishing to and fro :laugh:. Any chance forced get up animation could be rendered to look like his get up animation from Chronicles?
I've never actually played Chronicles (although I've read about it and seen some videos of it). Would you be able to find me an animation or video containing this effect?

Regarding your initial dash speed idea -- I have to say it's kind of a really bad one. No offense! But to elaborate -- first off, giving someone a faster dash speed than run speed only means that they will never run. They will simply dash, dash, dash to get where they're going. This is bad for two reasons. One, well... nobody gets to see the cool run animations. Two, and more importantly, this contrasts from the rest of the cast entirely. Sometimes that's good, ...but not when it comes to dashing. When you get into the habit of traveling by dashing, it stays with you. If you try to go back to any other character, you'll waste your time dash-dashing around.
Good point! But I've already thought of it and fixed it - I forgot to mention that the time it takes for Shadow to stop is significantly longer than average for a character of comparable speed. This effectively limits the use of Shadow's dash, since you can't begin a new dash during this slow-down period. It's a little hard to explain, but the practical upshot is that trying to travel by dashing alone becomes such an awkward means of movement that it isn't worth it (and it isn't much faster than his normal run in any event - remember that, while slower than Sonic, Shadow's still a lot faster than Mario). Instead, Shadow's dash is more useful for evading, surprise attacking, or mindgaming than it is for actual long-distance movement.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Sounds totally awesome.

So Shadow is a designed to be a good character. Is he going to be broken? Or just clearly ahead of the pack. Chaos Boost sounds like something he can abuse (depending on the startup)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
1) Please don't make him broken. >_>

2) Chaos Blast should be easy to make as a FS: Take Luigi's FS and make it faster + dealing damage and knockback.

3) I like thunderhorse's ideas, but it's your project. I honestly don't think the Chaos Boost thing is doable, but I don't know anything about programming.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely trying my best not to make him broken. I'd like to make him into an 'expert' character, tricky to use but near the upper end of the tier list when you get used to his style. His unorthodox style will probably give him a steep learning curve. When I've made a more complete version for people to test out, I'll be happy to take suggestions on what needs to be buffed/nerfed in order to keep in line with this objective.
I've noticed that lots of people are skeptical about Chaos Boost - I, myself, am not too sure how to best make it work, both in terms of programming and gameplay, but I think it reflects a key aspect of Shadow's character ("Let me show you my REAL power!") and I intend to keep it in some form or another. It will definitely have a long startup, but I'm still working on other methods of limiting its use (I want it to be used only rarely, either as a last resort move or to make a kill after building up damage, not something to spam at every possible moment.)

5ive

Smash Champion
Your moveset has the potential to be unique and playable at the same time. Looking forward to this.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Good point! But I've already thought of it and fixed it - I forgot to mention that the time it takes for Shadow to stop is significantly longer than average for a character of comparable speed. This effectively limits the use of Shadow's dash, since you can't begin a new dash during this slow-down period. It's a little hard to explain, but the practical upshot is that trying to travel by dashing alone becomes such an awkward means of movement that it isn't worth it (and it isn't much faster than his normal run in any event - remember that, while slower than Sonic, Shadow's still a lot faster than Mario). Instead, Shadow's dash is more useful for evading, surprise attacking, or mindgaming than it is for actual long-distance movement.
Excellent! If dashing around is sufficiently slow, you should be set. I'll have to give your Shadow a try at some point.

EDIT: Just tested it real quick -- I'm not sure if you haven't made the change yet or not, but the dash is still far too quick. Not to rush you or anything, just saying.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I haven't tested this yet but if the initial dash does indeed mike you invisible it could be too good with dash dancing in Brawl + (assuming you play +, if this is a vBrawl character then ignore all this) That would also mean you can't make it invulnerable or that would just be silly.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
I've never actually played Chronicles (although I've read about it and seen some videos of it). Would you be able to find me an animation or video containing this effect?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeL0XNHCV88

The effect is in the 3rd fight in the video against two large bird creatures. I remembered it incorrectly though - Shadow doesn't get knocked down when hit, but it's the get up animation after he misses an attack. Again, I'm not sure about the limitations of PSA, which is why I leave all this stuff to people more...motivated than I am, so it could just be a giant pipe dream anyway.

Good luck not getting your ears to bleed though. The only salvageable audio in the entire game is the battle tracks.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
This sounds excellent!!
Please don't make him broken though. :/ I want to be able to use him "competitively". I know Project SA is supposed to be for fun, but I'd like it to be used for Brawl+ also if you don't mind. I'm sorry if I'm being a buzz kill but I do wish you the best of luck, even though your doing a great job so far! :D

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Right now, I'm stuck on Chaos Control and Chaos Boost, but I'll fix things up when I get to it. Oh, and Thunderhorse+, I do like that effect. I wasn't sure if I should make Shadow teleport while getting up after being knocked down, but now that I see that he does just that in Chronicles, I'll do it.
Yeesh... Is it just me, or does the appearance and function of Chaos Spear change in pretty much every game Shadow's appeared in? First it was a lightning bolt, then a blue energy sphere, then a bunch of arrows... I don't see why I shouldn't just make up any old thing and call it Chaos Spear...:ohwell:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
First they were yellow spears. (SA2)
Not used in Heroes
Don't remember what they were in Shadow the Hedgehog
Kinda like spears in Sonic '06, except with a stunning effect at the end IIRC
Spears again in Chronicles.
Not used in Sonic Battle

They were generally speaking spears. >_>

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Right now, I'm stuck on Chaos Control and Chaos Boost, but I'll fix things up when I get to it. Oh, and Thunderhorse+, I do like that effect. I wasn't sure if I should make Shadow teleport while getting up after being knocked down, but now that I see that he does just that in Chronicles, I'll do it.
Yeesh... Is it just me, or does the appearance and function of Chaos Spear change in pretty much every game Shadow's appeared in? First it was a lightning bolt, then a blue energy sphere, then a bunch of arrows... I don't see why I shouldn't just make up any old thing and call it Chaos Spear...:ohwell:
There's a few different interpretations of Chaos Spear floating around, but the games generally seem to stick with one type

In Sonic Adventure 2, Chaos Spear was about 7 or 8 golden bolt-like projectiles with large arrow-shaped heads and narrow bodies that encircled and homed in on the opponent. It was performed by Shadow waving his hand from left to right but the spear formed in thin air rather than emanating from his body.

Sonic Heroes and Sonic Battle didn't use Chaos Spear. Moving on.

Shadow's game changed the function slightly. It could only be used in his super state, there was only one bolt per Chaos Spear shot, it didn't home in, and it was fired as Shadow would a normal ki blast (palm forward). It also emanated from his body rather than form in thin air.

Sonic 2006 used a singular, chargeable golden bolt as well (though if there were multiple enemies in the area, Shadow could fire off up to 3 bolts in one shot). It goes back to a slightly adapted SA2 version of throwing it, while keeping it emanating from his body, but however in this game it can only stun, not do damage. This also introduces the Chaos Lance, a palette-swap of Chaos Spear when in Chaos Boost form. There's not too much of a difference rather than the bolts being red in color to match his red aura (his typical aura is a golden yellow aura, hence why the normal Chaos Spear bolts are that color), and that they actually do proper damage as well as stun. Shadow's super form Chaos Lance sees him shooting out numbers even greater than his SA2 incarnation, probably somewhere around 10 bolts per shot.

Shadow's...errr...Lancelot's Chaos Spear in Sonic and the Black Knight, no longer stuns, is red in color to match Shadowcelot's red aura despite the fact that he never enters Chaos Boost form (the attack is also named as Chaos Spear), and goes back to being a singular charge fired from his palm ala Shadow's game...SOMETIMES. More often, you'll see him performing a very SA2ish version of it, however instead of materializing around your person, it'll materialize above him and he'll fire each shot off one by one in rapid succession. They're still red in color though.

The western adaptations of Chaos Spear is where we get some of the more funkier versions of it. In Sonic Chronicles, as you saw, Shadow's aura reverted to purple, much like it was in Sonic Battle, so the resulting Chaos Spear is purple in color. That's probably the least jarring of the changes though. The Chaos Spear bolts has elongated and much more pronounced tails and the head is significantly smaller, so that it resembles what we think of as spears. The throwing animation matches this, Shadow throwing them in the same manner that people would throw javelins. In the Archie comics, it is almost exactly the same, though he fires off one bolt as opposed to Chronicle's 2 per shot, and it is green in color to (once again), match his aura. I do remember one time where I think it was red, though I remember he did enter Chaos Boost form in that particular comic, so it could have been attributed to the aura color change. He did say Chaos Spear though :p.

And very lastly, Sonic X's adaption of Chaos Spear is almost exactly like Sonic and the Black Knight's version, only golden in color for the same reason it always changes color. He does happen to use a very toned-down version of it which just looks like he's shooting uncontrolled lightning.

So...guess that's it. Most of them do follow a similar pattern and structure, but differ very slightly in application...except if you're a western developer, then you just go and mind**** with the move.

TLDR; Chaos Spear is roughly the same in most adaptions except for when the silly Americans take over :p.

I feel like I should be on a Sonic forum.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Shadow Stuff
Go by canon. Black night isnt canon. 2006 never happened. Cant really say about Battle. Chronicles isnt canon either.

Only canon games is Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Battle 2, and Battle 2 would be better to go by as Heroes was mad wack and Shadow was LOLOHMYGOD

PsychoticDust

Smash Rookie
Wow this sounds amazing! The only thing I have to nitpick at is that Shadow is just as fast as Sonic, so making him slower isn't canon. Otherwise keep up the good work!

Foresight

Smash Rookie
I think you should drop the Chaos Boost idea, or if you must use it, at least make it into a final smash transformation if you don't plan on making Super Shadow. Having a standard move that can boost your abilities would make any character broken in the Smash Bros games. All you would have to do is knock the opponent away, run to the opposite side of the stage with his speed, and you're free to use the move. I think the idea proposed by Thunderhorse+ is more feasible.

Or you could always change his down-B to make him pull out a machine gun and fire off a few rounds...
>_<

Or, more seriously, perhaps you could give him a down-b counter that performed a small chaos blast. That would look pretty sweet. Then you would be able to make chaos boost a kind of transformation, like Wario-Man.

Foresight

Smash Rookie
You could modify a ray gun texture, and make it shoot as long as you hold it down, like a horizontal version of Ivysaur's seed cannon! o_0

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Any and every Sonic fan is currently on their way to your very location to smite you where you stand.

That includes me.
Why would you bring something from a game hated by every sonic fan that isnt 13-16 years old into his moveset. <_<
I'm 18.

I liked the guns in Shadow the Hedgehog. They made the stages quicker as you didn't have to stop and homing attacking dudes. You could run and gun.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Then you're part of a minority. LOL.

Also, there werent that many spots in SA, SA2, and Sonic Heroes where you had to stop and HA guys. You could easily by pass them most of the time.

how do you think Time Attacks for these games worked. xd

Scarecrow3000

Smash Rookie
I downloaded the PAC file for this and put it into the appropriate folder, with the appropriate name (E:\private\wii\APP\RSBE\pf\fighter\sonic and FitSonic05.pac, respectively), and yet my shadow texture's moveset is still the same as Sonic's. =/

I'm sorry to be a nuisance, but could anybody quickly point me in the right direction here?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I downloaded the PAC file for this and put it into the appropriate folder, with the appropriate name (E:\private\wii\APP\RSBE\pf\fighter\sonic and FitSonic05.pac, respectively), and yet my shadow texture's moveset is still the same as Sonic's. =/

I'm sorry to be a nuisance, but could anybody quickly point me in the right direction here?
Right folder, wrong name. Rename it FitSonic and you'll be set.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
As in, take out the numbers entirely. Treat character hacks more like effects, rather than textures (the same as changing Pit's arrow colors or the "Royslash"). It would be named "fitsonic.pac"

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Wow, sure getting a lot of comments here...

Again, I'm still trying to work out the coding for Chaos Boost (there must be a way of making a 'command on collision' code! There must!) If I can't do it without making him broken, then I won't. But I don't think it'll be a problem (In the absolute worst case scenario, I'll just make it a move that you can only use once in a given time interval, like ROB's Laser or Wario Waft.)

I probably won't be doing a complete revamp of his specials as of now (normal moves are still up in the air, so to speak). If I ever do, though, I'll make one promise:

No. Guns. :chuckle:

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
In the meantime... I'd like to make either his Down Smash or Side Smash into Chaos Magic (the Sonic Battle attack where he snaps his fingers), but I don't know what animation to use. So far, my best idea is his battering item smash attack charge for the charging period, and the Super Scope starting animation for the actual attack, which looks kind of like he's pointing at the ground for a moment (adding a darkness explosion effect of course). Anyone have anything better?

Top Bottom