• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creating the Ultimate Life Form: Project Shadow

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Neko get in here and back me up. Help a brotha out :(.
Were not trying to say your wrong or anything, were just saying give it some time. This stuff is still pretty new. And it's cool if they decide against having new characters for official tournies. We can have just friendlies or tournies with a character list. Just for fun.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I only hope you make a Shadow that isn't entirely broken.

Either way everything sounds pretty solid so far except adding invincibility to a dash is a ******** idea.

Keep up the good work :)

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Hmmm, I've noticed a lot of Sonic battle inspiration for shadow ideas. Here are some more.

In Sonic battle, Shadow was actually faster than Sonic, but had much less friction than sonic and was very hard to control (think luigi). I realized that you want him to be slower than Sonic, but giving him less friction is also something to look into.

Chaos Nightmare would make for a nice dsmash, though I'm not sure what animation could be used for it.

You could also look into making Chaos burst into one of his specials, where you can charge it and be invisible during the charge, like MK's down B.

As for Sonic's dair, he did steal shadow's Aim attack. Sonic should have some kind of axe kick for a dair. Oh well.

Revven

FrankerZ
Awesome edit to that Shadow! I don't think he should be put into a helpless state after using chaos control though.
It limits its uses and would balance it out, unless you can limit it other ways by adding variable that says you can only do it once. Either way, that CC is WAY too cool and should be in this Shadow plz.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I haven't been able to look through all these pages, but if you use DownB in air, he rises up. Then he could recover... :/. Sorry if it's been mentioned (probably has). And his SideB in air if mashed will make him stay up there forever.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Down B: Chaos Boost - Shadow powers up and upgrades all his attacks! Although in this version it doesn't actually do anything practical. My plan is to make Shadow pretty much broken in this form
:ohwell:

but I'm still working on finding a way to limit its use. My preference, if possible, would be to make it last only a short period of time (which, combined with its long start-up, would make it a tough move to use properly),
Like a falcon punch? Well in my opinion, his down b should be kept the same as Sonic's since they are similar (spin attacks and such). Also ASC and using SC to cancel momentum is too good.

money113

Smash Cadet
...Please don't base that from his video. He's said multiple times that he changed that...

Ryose

Smash Cadet
Seriously I love you for the work you're doing...in an idolizing way. Cant wait to see the ba;anced finished product.

also shadow should have a spin dash that could function slightly different from Sonic's somehow.

Ryose

Smash Cadet
Yo, I found something cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErBqT3UfQmE

Go to the end of the video, he can do Chaos Control ANYWHERE! Looks pretty freakin' sweet, you need that in your Shadow >-> (except needs Fall Special in the air).
It looks as though he just added the sound effects to both the up B and all of his dodge animations to give the Chaos control feeling to all of them. Free fall wouldn't be necessary for the up B since its just a different animation instead of a real controlled teleport move like Zelda's

EDIT: missed that he did lack a special fall animation the first time he CC'd my bad

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
lol this is pathetic. Sonic characters? what's next, final fantasy? where's K. Rool?

PsychoticDust

Smash Rookie
lol this is pathetic. Sonic characters? what's next, final fantasy? where's K. Rool?
That is such a pointless and immature post. PSA is about making characters for fun and most people have put in a lot of work on their characters. People like Sonic and Final Fantasy characters, so it's fair to expect more of them, but there are characters from other games, etc out there. If you have a problem with it then either wait until a character that meets your standards is created or make your own. In the mean time I suggest that you show some manners and respect and grow up.

IndigoFenix I think you're doing a great job so far and I can't wait for you to finish this project!

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!!
Yes we get it he's a **** moving on.
is it possible to like make CC like i dunno able to like change the direction of it?

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
I had a nice response ready for your stupidity but my internet died and I lost it. So, I'm just going to say "You are a troll and an idiot," and leave it at that.

EDIT: Oh and yes, aiming Chaos Control is possible. We just don't know how yet.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Some things I noticed

-Down/Up angled ftilt seem to lack hitboxes
-Fair/Ftilt need range
-Staunt still has the running feet animation/sfx
-Side-B stun is way too high...please lower it

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I had a nice response ready for your stupidity but my internet died and I lost it. So, I'm just going to say "You are a troll and an idiot," and leave it at that.

EDIT: Oh and yes, aiming Chaos Control is possible. We just don't know how yet.
Don't worry about him lol.
He's a well known troll here and AiB.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Some of my best ideas come from trolls. Hey, why not Terra Zelda? I already made the texture...

Anyway, I have an idea for both Chaos Control and Boost, but I have yet to test them...

Jebin_Zedalu

Smash Cadet
Very fun character to play with. The Up+B is really fun, though I know you're going to change it. :p

Only problem is that the game locks up when attempting to use a Final Smash. I didn't see anything about that in the posts thus far. Is this a known problem?

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Very fun character to play with. The Up+B is really fun, though I know you're going to change it. :p

Only problem is that the game locks up when attempting to use a Final Smash. I didn't see anything about that in the posts thus far. Is this a known problem?
Oops!

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. I'm not entirely sure why it happens. I actually plan on making a custom Final Smash (actually, I'm going to try to make two different ones - yes, that's right, TWO Final Smashes, depending on whether or not Shadow is in Chaos Boost mode) but I haven't started fiddling with the Final Smash actions yet, so I'm not sure what causes that problem. Last time I checked, though, it didn't cause a problem if you use it while standing on the ground, although it doesn't do anything. Also, it didn't cause the game to lock up (if by 'lock up' you mean freeze) if used in the air, it just caused Shadow to become immobile (and invincible, so you have to exit the match). Did it unexpectedly change again?

In any event, I'd like opinions on the idea of making Shadow increase his 'boost' meter by taking hits. It's not how I wanted to do it, but until someone figures out how to make a 'condition on hit' command it's the only way I could think of to prevent people from just running away and waiting for Chaos Boost to recharge...

As for Up-B, I still haven't got any leads on how to make a fully controllable teleport. In the meantime, I'm thinking of making it move quickly up and down and have him let out a burst of energy upon landing (sort of like an invisible Final Cutter or Aether). I based the idea off of Chaos Burst from Sonic Battle (I noticed a lot of people wanted him to have something like that for his down-B) that can also be used as a recovery, although probably not a very good one (if he has a bad recovery, I'll have to increase his weight to make up for it. Shadow is supposed to be a 'tougher' character than Sonic, after all...)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Final Smashes are pains in the butt. They freak out if you leave anything out of place, so good luck making 2 xD!

Also, if you're making it charge with every hit he takes, but want it to be every hit he makes, you can at least partially attain that with the setting of RABit[16], and make him gain Chaos when he completes a jab combo or anything else using 16.

Just a thought~
-DD

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Final Smashes are pains in the butt. They freak out if you leave anything out of place, so good luck making 2 xD!

Also, if you're making it charge with every hit he takes, but want it to be every hit he makes, you can at least partially attain that with the setting of RABit[16], and make him gain Chaos when he completes a jab combo or anything else using 16.

Just a thought~
-DD
I thought of that, but the point is to ensure that he gains power by being in the fight, not by running away. If he would gain power by using attacks even if they don't hit the opponent, you'd end up with a lot of people who would just run away and punch the air a few times, then run away again, etc. Because of his speed, it's too easy for Shadow to play a game of keep-away, and discouraging that is my top priority (one of the reasons for coming up with Chaos Boost in the first place was to reward active combat). What I would like is the variable that is set whenever an attack connects (that is, the variable that calls the command in the 'hit effects' area of the attack).
That being said, I think a character with a sort of 'Overdrive' or 'Limit Break' (as in Final Fantasy) is a pretty good idea, I'm just not sure if it's suitable for Shadow to gain power as he gets beaten up. In Sonic 2006, he filled his Chaos Boost meter by attacking enemies, not the other way around.

DLoRd333

Smash Rookie
Wow great job so far dood! I hope it turns out really good in the end.

Btw I just have one question, how did you change Shadow's color to that red glow when you use Chaos boost?

Is there a certain code that does it or is there another command that allows you to manipulate the characters color?

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Wow great job so far dood! I hope it turns out really good in the end.

Btw I just have one question, how did you change Shadow's color to that red glow when you use Chaos boost?

Is there a certain code that does it or is there another command that allows you to manipulate the characters color?
That would be the 'Flash Overlay Effect' command... But just a word of warning: You have to put it in EVERY subaction that you want it to appear in, so if you're trying to make someone always have a glowing color... well, it's a real pain. Also, for moments where the character would normally be a different color or flashing (taking damage, respawning, etc.) it doesn't work properly. It makes for some nice effects in individual attacks, though.

supermariorick

Smash Rookie
I like the teleporting up-b move that shadow has, but it fails as a recovery move when shadow is trying to go back to the stage from below. Could you make the next release (if there is one) have the up-b more like the modified josegallardo89 shadow from perfectedidiot2's vid?: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErBqT3UfQmE>
It would make the up-b move less broken and would make for a better recovery move. BTW this is NOT a request but merely a suggestion. I would also suggest making it a little bit different than the vid so that there is no plagiarism involved. ( and give credits for the modified cc shadow as shown in the video description)

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
No that you've completed you r Cosmic Geno, will you continue to work on Shadow? I really hope you do.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Wow, brought back from the dead...
Although it is theoretically possible for me to do so, completing Shadow would mean completely remaking the entire thing from scratch. Something went wrong with the .pac file when I was making him and for some reason, it became impossible to edit the Final Smash without the game freezing, and I found later that for some unknown reason the game would freeze if he stood on any sloped platform. I don't know why. But at any rate, consider this a dead project for the time being. I may rebuild it in the future, but it does not seem likely. (It was because of this disappointment that I decided not to create my own threads for any character I would make, but rather use the PSA submission thread or join other people's threads instead.)

(And by the way, Cosmic Geno is not complete - only playable. I'm still editing him.)

Top Bottom