• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Create your DLC likeliness chart!

S (really want so bad)-Roy, Geno
A (really want)-K. Rool, Ice Climbers, Fiora
B (want)-Young Link, Pichu, Pheonix Wright (he is a capcom character)
C (ok with)-Knuckles, Hades, Ivysuar
D (sure, why not)-Vaati, Toon zelda/Tetra, Professor Layton, chrom
F (Don't want)-Dixie Kong, Rayman, bayonetta, ridley, Krystal, Viewtiful Joe, Wonder Red, Lip, Match Rider, Shantae, Isaac, Chibi Robo, Captain Toad, Wolf, skull kid, bandana dee, Impa, Inkling, Chorus Kids, & Slippy.

Not trying to hurt feelings
LIKELINESS thread. not want

Still a pretty good want list if I do say so myself. :p
I mean he'll probably be dissapointed as the only one not in f tier with a chance is krool. I mean at least half of his f tier are the usual contenders like dixe,dee,toad,inkling and more.

Not wanting red and joe is a crime

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I mean he'll probably be dissapointed as the only one not in f tier with a chance is krool. I mean at least half of his f tier are the usual contenders like dixe,dee,toad,inkling and more.

Not wanting red and joe is a crime
They ARE good characters in general, but I don't think they might not make it in smash. (trust me, most of them are good, except Idk who wonder red is, and not really a big fan of vewitful joe since I had the gamecube game when I was little) I WILL be shocked if any of them make it in.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
does anyone have the list of the early vote results I have something I wan a double check I think I something off about it

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
S (really want so bad)-Roy, Geno
A (really want)-K. Rool, Ice Climbers, Fiora
B (want)-Young Link, Pichu, Pheonix Wright (he is a capcom character)
C (ok with)-Knuckles, Hades, Ivysuar
D (sure, why not)-Vaati, Toon zelda/Tetra, Professor Layton, chrom
F (Don't want)-Dixie Kong, Rayman, bayonetta, ridley, Krystal, Viewtiful Joe, Wonder Red, Lip, Match Rider, Shantae, Isaac, Chibi Robo, Captain Toad, Wolf, skull kid, bandana dee, Impa, Inkling, Chorus Kids, & Slippy.

Not trying to hurt feelings
Agree with this only I would put Wolf, Young Link, and Isaac in A and Fiora in C.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

100%- Mewtwo and Lucas
75%- Wolf
60%- Chorus Kids and Dixie Kong
50%- (Can go either way)- Inklings, Ice Climbers
35%- King K. Rool
15%- Wonder Red, Krystal, Roy, Captain Toad, Young Link, Cross, Bandanna Dee, Isaac, and Paper Mario
10%- FE14 Avatar, Pichu, Hades, Melia, Fiora, New Pokemon Character, Impa, Daisy, and Lip
5%- Squirtle and Ivysaur
3%- Andy, Chibi Robo, Style Savvy, Fossil Fighter, Ray MK
2%- Monita, Vince, Medusa, Cranky Kong, Masked Man
1%- Mach Rider, Excitebiker, Bubbles, Muddy Mole, Mike Jones
Updated with popularity added as a factor now, will update with 3rd parties later.
Give me some more suggestions please! I think I'm missing some here.
You still don't like popular things... And no you have practically no excuse.

And Kamui already?

What?

I'll make mine later.

Geno Boost

Smash Master

100%- Mewtwo and Lucas
75%- Wolf
60%- Chorus Kids and Dixie Kong
50%- (Can go either way)- Inklings, Ice Climbers
35%- King K. Rool
15%- Wonder Red, Krystal, Roy, Captain Toad, Young Link, Cross, Bandanna Dee, Isaac, and Paper Mario
10%- FE14 Avatar, Pichu, Hades, Melia, Fiora, New Pokemon Character, Impa, Daisy, and Lip
5%- Squirtle and Ivysaur
3%- Andy, Chibi Robo, Style Savvy, Fossil Fighter, Ray MK
2%- Monita, Vince, Medusa, Cranky Kong, Masked Man
1%- Mach Rider, Excitebiker, Bubbles, Muddy Mole, Mike Jones
Updated with popularity added as a factor now, will update with 3rd parties later.
Give me some more suggestions please! I think I'm missing some here.
Claus but not Ninten why??? Cranky Kong but not Donkey Kong jr. why???

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Okay, time to revisit this. I feel like assigning percentages is a bad idea right now since we don't know how many characters we'll see or even what does or doesn't rule them out. I'll stick to general letter grades for this one.

Confirmed
Mewtwo
Lucas

S
Wolf
King K. Rool

A
Isaac

A-
Krystal

B+
Bandana Dee

B
Impa
Dixie Kong

B-
Sceptile

C+
Inkling
Squirtle

C
Wonder Red
Captain Toad
Any Rhythm Heaven Character

C-
Ivysaur
Snake
Roy
Paper Mario

D+
Ice Climbers
Daisy
Mach Rider
A Zelda Newcomer (other than Impa)
Black Mage
Rayman

D
A Pokémon Newcomer (other than Sceptile)
Young Link
Any Fire Emblem Newcomer
Andy
Chibi-Robo

D-
Bayonetta
Pichu
Black Shadow
Claus

E
Additional characters from Sega, Namco, or Capcom
Geno
Shovel Knight
Rundas
Magolor
Sora

F (Already in the game in non-playable form)
Waluigi
Ghirahim
Skull Kid
Wolf Link & Midna
Blaziken
Zoroark
Chrom
Lyn
Viridi
Takamaru

G (Come on, people...)
Goku
Shrek
Naruto

EDIT: Added a couple new things, and folded a couple characters into the aforementioned new things.

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
No particular order within tiers.

SSS Tier: Wolf
S Tier: Snake
A+ Tier: K. Rool, Dixie
A Tier: FE Character, Tetra/Toon Zelda
B+ Tier: Bandana Dee, Impa
B Tier: Shantae, Vaati, Rayman, Paper Mario, Kid Icarus Villain
C Tier: Andy, Wonder Red, Rhythm Heaven character, Isaac, Prof. Layton
D Tier: Krystal, Quote, Pokemon Character, Geno
E Tier: Bayonetta, Viewtiful Joe, Shovel Knight
F Tier: Ridley, Sonic Character, Skull Kid, Ice Climbers, Roy, Young Link

I reserved F tier for characters either already in the game (or with equivalent) in a way that seemed right for the character, or ones already mentioned to be out of the running.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Yes. This is an opinion thread and I gave my opinion. And I also backed it up. I realize that there are people who don't share my opinion, and that's ok. I know that if I were a business trying to make money, and there was a highly requested character who I knew would sell, I would prioritize that over an unknown. Plus, if he were DLC, anyone who hates the concept of playable Ridley would be able to not download him.

However, Sakurai has always done the opposite of what I would do so probably not. But I still think it's a possibility, and I gave my opinion on the matter.
I could see them making an amiibo out of him, I'd probably buy it if I could find it. Well, unless it's Roidley. That thing's pretty fugly. But I guess it'd be better than no Ridley.

D

Deleted member

A - Wolf (I we're getting another Brawl veteran, it would most likely be him.)
B - Squirtle, Ivysaur
C - Inkling (I see this going either way.)
D+ - Xenoblade X rep (If this weren't a second rep to a fairly new series, then I would have rated it as high as Inkling.)
D - Rayman
E - Roy, Pichu, Zael, Aeron, Wonder Red, most third parties including Snake and Bayonetta

Last edited by a moderator:

shuun

Smash Rookie
Not wanting to offend but i have the feeling that people doesn't realize the difference between likeliness and "my personal most wanted xD"

Made two polls about "most realistic chance" and most unrealistic chance in a list of 10 characters (limit) in a video game board with about 300 votes each, and out of the "most probable ", the "unrealistic" that are most voted were Daisy, Shovel Knight and Banjo Kazooie. Inklings were the least voted. The pool didn't count Toad/Bayonetta/Wolf/K.Rool/Isaac because of obvious reason.

In the most realistic, which counts Inkling, Dixie, Krystal, Phoenix Wright, Layton, Rayman, Snake, Roy, Paper Mario and Toad, the most voted is Inkling who is followed by Dixie and Snake.

Then it may be not contain the absolute answer but i think we can conclude a bit from these polls i made so :

SS(Extremely likely) : Wolf
S (Very likely) : Isaac, K.Rool
A+ : Inkling
A (Likely) : Dixie Kong, RH character.
B (Quite likely) : Snake, Roy, (Captain) Toad, Paper Mario
- - - - -
D (Not that likely but stand a chance) : Krystal, Daisy, Rayman, Young Link, Toon Zelda
E (Few chance but may make it) : Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Mach Rider, Pichu, Wonder Red and Sceptile.
F Little to no chance, but may make it with a very little chance) : Lip, Shovel Knight, Bayonetta, Shantae, Simon Belmont and Ice climber(s)
Z (Are you serious? ) : The leftovers.

Let me explain for most.
Wolf : Why would Lucas be back but not him? Obviously for revealing him later because Starfox Wii U
Isaac and K.Rool are probably the most voted characters considering the gamer communities
Dixie Kong get much less votes than K.Rool but seems more relevant as K.Rool seems to be forgotten by Nintendo since Barrel race.
RH because popularity and there was some datas about it.
Snake and Roy are highly demanded veterans and Konami/Kojima seems okay about Snake being back.
Toad and Daisy are probably highly voted by casual/ young people but not by "gamer communities", so they may stand a nice chance even if we would find their inclusion a bit dissapointing, but why not Toad!
Same goes for Young Link and Toon Zelda.
Krystal is another nicely voted even if we are probably sure to get Wolf, maybe she would be there if Wolf doesn't make the cut or... she would make the cut along Wolf? Damn!
There were a big positive attitude regarding Rayman during the fake leak, and maybe Nintendo was aware of this fake leak? Anyway Rayman had a big history with Nintendo and even get a trophy !

PW and PL mostly appeared on Nintendo consoles but aren't really considered in the first parties, its quite of a weird case.
Mach Rider used to be considered by Sakurai and would be quite a retro character.
I don't know why people wants Pichu back, but he's popular in Japan.
Wonder Red could make a publicity for his games, but well there weren't many communications toward his game which flopped a bit.

The E tier are either seemingly forgotten character with not this much vote (Lip), 3rd party/ Indie characters or technical issues character(s).

Z : Please don't get mad at me Geno / Sora supporters.

Inkling is A+ because you know, Nintendo likes pushing things and compared to Bayonetta 2/ W101, they seem to push this new license even more further than most "nintendo exclusives" things. Putting "her" would make a great publicity for Splatoon even if some people won't like this. Remember how Roy made it (blabla, established serie, blabla), and they pushed Lucario/Rosalina too much? I don't think they will restrain themselves with Inkling and if the game does well she may have a greater fanbase therefore more voters for her.

Squirtle and Ivysaur in Z tier? Well, i used to main Pokemon Trainer and loved playing Squirtle! But i don't think they are one chance, we already got Mewtwo as a Pokemon DLC, and they don't seem to have relevance anymore except in brawl.
And even with the game still not released, she seems to usually get in top 10 surveys.

If there's something that seems wrong, please tell me, i may consider it : )

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
please people.. remember this is a likeness list, not want list!
as for me?
SSS: Wolf, in fact im'm pretty sure that when they release mewtwo and start tweaking lucas they will immediatly start working on wolf right away. He is popular, veteran, relevant, semi-unique and easy to implement. plus, can buy them some time while they think what to implement next.
S: none.
A: Snake, Ice climbers, King K.rool/Dixie Kong, Inkling.
B: Isaac, Rythm Heaven rep, Bayonetta
C: Captain Toad, Banjo Kazooie, Rayman, 4th MII fighter.
D: Shovel Knight/Quote/Shantae, Advance Wars rep.
E: Simon Belmont, Bomberman, Ridley, takamaru, other zelda rep, other pokemon rep, Roy, Kamui, Xenoblade X rep, S.T.E.A.M rep.
F:pichu, Baby Metroid, Diglett.

both snake and ice climbers have more popularity that people believe, and as veterasn wouldn't be that hard to implement, but both have ONE glaring issue to be resolved if they want to have S or SSS tier chances, for snake, the issue is that we don¡t know what the hell between konami and nintendo and kojima and snake, so there may be some legal dumbness in between, and for Ice Climbers, we have the 3ds and maybe 8 player smash issue. if this is posible to get fixed up, they are probably in.
Regarding King Krool and dixie, a third dk rep is a very popular request, and both of them fits perfectly, plus both are pretty popular. Dixie have the advantage of being more relevant overall to teh whole series and having appeared in teh most recent game, and Krool have the advantage of being more popular in general. still we probably only have one, so thats why they are paired. regarding inklings, i think that the only thing holding them is that their game havent been out yet (although if they are DLC we probably see them in 2016 at least) and that their game still have a chance to flop. but if teh game is a hit, or if Nintendo really want to promote thems, they are almost in, plus they are popular and potentially unique.

The B tiers i see them being VERY likely if they do very well on the popularity ballot. it's the kind of characters that nintendo could consider based mostly on popularity even if they aren't that relevant. so, i wish you luck to the supporters on the ballot :)

The C tiers are also likely if they do well on the popularity and have some interesting things, but also some issues. Captain Toad have the issue that we have mario everywhere. but at the same time is an interesting character, have been requested since forever and have his game. Banjo Kazooie would have the megaman effect, and his chances are better than ever, since people at rare have made explicit that they would love the idea of them being on smash. If microsoft and nintendo can indeed manage to do a good negotiation it wouldn't be thaaat imposible actually still, too many external factors to say it have high chances. similar with rayman, although i believe that there is a better chance of ubisoft and nintendo working together, but a t the same time rayman would have a little less impact than banjo and kazooie.

The D tiers have an indie rep, and advance wars rep, both of them are pretty unlikely but very original options at the same time.

the E tier have other konami reps that are higly tied to nintendo (Ganbare Simon Belmont! <3) and popular characters that have been rejected before, Or another pokemon wich is higly unlikey but not imposible. plus some new games but that are still somewhat niche.

baby metroid and diglet would make AMAZING joke characters :D

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
You still don't like popular things... And no you have practically no excuse.

And Kamui already?

What?

I'll make mine later.
Unless by some miracle Sakurai announces popular characters will only make the cut as DLC, I'm not going to overrate them with high ratings just yet.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Are you talking about these one?
That's a mockup. Some guys on 4chan put it together after looking at a handful of surveys, to get an idea of what characters were being supported.

They also forgot that Blaziken shows up in the Kalos League stage...

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Thanks to those who posted their chart since the bump! Here's the new, updated general chart:

There also are some character concepts to mention as well:
> Rhythm Heaven character in C tier;
> third-party character in B tier;
> third-party indie character in E tier.

Upgraded:
King K. Rool: C > A
Inkling: C > B
Isaac: C > B
Bandana Dee: D > C
Rayman: D > C
Roy (Fire Emblem): D > C
Krystal: E > D

Downgraded:
Dixie Kong: A > B
Ice Climbers: C > D

Added:
Paper Mario in D tier

Removed:
Chibi-Robo

A lot of things have changed since the last Direct... The most notable increase is without a doubt King K. Rool's jump from C to A (he was honestly very close to S) which can easily be explained by the VC releases of Rare's games featuring him on the VC which means everyone can easily enjoy them, as well as the official Smash ballot. As he's the currently most requested newcomer worldwide a lot of people are expecting him to do very well in this ballot, very possibly enough to convince Sakurai to make him a DLC fighter. Isaac also enjoyed the ballot, as he's another highly requested character and thus expected to do well in it. Splatoon is widely seen as a very promising IP pushed a lot by Nintendo, as least much more than the average new IP they put on the market, and people are already seing the Inklings as Smash material, plus fan support isn't lacking either. Rayman on the other hand probably enjoyed a lot the hype coming from Artsy Omni's leak. The Lucas reveal also made people optimistic about cut characters as it proves that Nintendo cares about those who missed them, and since Roy has an important fanbase he managed to hit C tier this time, though he's still held back by the "another Marth clone" or "another Fire Emblem swordsman" stigma. In a similar way Wolf was put in SSS tier in a lot of charts and was the only character ever put in this tier, as people are expecting him to join the SSB4 roster after Lucas' confirmation, especially given that his announcement would indirectly promote Starfox Wii U. I couldn't really explain Bandana Dee's an Krystal's jump though.

On the other hand the increased overall optimism about King K. Rool's chances made Dixie Kong somewhat overlooked as she's not as much requested as him, but she's still overall seen as a solid pick. The Ice Climbers also suffered from the general pessimism about how they could work on "old" 3DS, though some people suggested a solo Ice Climber instead (for the sake of this chart I counted both options as the same one).
Also R.I.P. Chibi-Robo... hope some more people vote for you so maybe you'll be back in the general chart, even if it means that you're only in E or D tier.

When I counted the votes I noticed that it only missed one mention of Paper Mario to make him appear in at least half of the lists so I added him in my own chart in D tier.

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 I didn't take into account your chart for this update but I'll do for the next one when you update your chart with the 3rd party characters you want to add :ness:

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, might as well.

S rank is guaranteed, with A being very lightly, going down to E being very unlikely, and finally F being requested characters with a role in the game (more than a trophy) or veterans who have complications coming back. I won't include non video game characters or characters who aren't at least decently requested.

And yes, although I do really want K. Rool and Isaac, I legitimately feel they have high chances right now. However, Lip is my third-most wanted and she's down in D. Yes, I am saying I think K. Rool and Dixie are more likely to both happen than we getting anyone else in C or below.

S: Wolf
A: King K. Rool, Isaac (I'm iffy on him being low A or top B, but ultimately decided to leave Isaac in low A)
B: Inkling, Dixie Kong, Rhythm Heaven character (no idea who)
C: King K. Rool AND Dixie Kong, Advance Wars character, Wonder Red, Krystal, Ray MK II, Ivysaur, Snake, Rayman
D: Impa, Cranky Kong, Henry Fleming, Lip, Squirtle, Quote, Shantae (less likely than Quote because she has several games, but no Japanese backing)
E: Toon Zelda, Daisy, Captain Toad, Roy, Shovel Knight (one game and no Japanese backing at all)
F: Ice Climbers, Pichu, Young Link, Ridley, Waluigi, Banjo and Kazooie

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I'll just use the list @ Delzethin Delzethin made since it's pretty close to exactly how I see it too.

Okay, time to revisit this. I feel like assigning percentages is a bad idea right now since we don't know how many characters we'll see or even what does or doesn't rule them out. I'll stick to general letter grades for this one.

Confirmed
Mewtwo
Lucas

S
Wolf
King K. Rool

A
Isaac

A-
Krystal

B+
Bandana Dee

B
Impa
Dixie Kong

B-
Sceptile

C+
Inkling
Squirtle

C
Wonder Red
Captain Toad

C-
Ivysaur
Snake
Roy
Paper Mario

D+
Ice Climbers
Daisy
Mach Rider
Black Mage
Rayman

D
Young Link
Any Fire Emblem Newcomer
Andy
Chibi-Robo

D-
Bayonetta
Pichu
Meowth
Black Shadow
Claus

E
Geno
Shovel Knight
Rundas
Vaati
Magolor
Sora

Waluigi
Ghirahim
Skull Kid
Wolf Link & Midna
Blaziken
Zoroark
Chrom
Lyn
Viridi
Takamaru

G (Come on, people...)
Goku
Shrek
Naruto
I'm Krystal biased admittedly, but if the Star Fox Wii U stuff we'll see come E3 features her, you can bet she'll leap up into the top 5 in terms of chances easily. If K. Rool and Dixie can make it, Wolf and Krystal can make it even better. Wolf will take less dev time and is considered practically confirmed after Lucas's appearance and Star Fox Wii U gives Star Fox quite a bit of relevance. Miyamoto is working on it and we know the sway he has as well. At lowest, Krystal will be as likely as Dixie. She generally gets more votes than Dixie and the other rep from the game she would rep is a returning vet with greater odds to return than K. Rool has.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Alright, this is my completely non-bias opinion. If anyone would like me to explain I will:

Confirmed: Mewtwo, Lucas

A: King K Rool, Inkling, Bayonetta

B: Wonder Red, Dixie Kong, Ice Climbers, Xenoblade Rep (Reyn/Fiora), Tom Knook

C: Roy, Snake, Chorus Kids, Isaac, Chrom, Bandana Dee, Girahim, Xenoblade X character

D: Another Sonic Rep (Shadow/Tails/Knuckles), Professor Layton (*sigh*), Phoenix Wright (*sigh again*),
Krystal, Rayman, Squirtle/Ivysaur, Monita, Another Mario Rep (Daisy/Toad/Waluigi), Another Pokemon Rep, Simon Belmont

F: Paper Mario, Shovel Knight, Ridley (he's already a boss :/), Wii Safety Guy, Young Link, Pichu,
Banjo-Kazooie, Geno, Bomberman, Another Mother Rep (Porky, Jeff, Claus), Another F-Zero Rep

Not Gonna Happen: Shrek, Goku, Naruto, Cory Baxter, Hank Hill, Tetris Piece

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Can anyone list me suggestions for third-parties I should add in the chart?
I need as much as choices as I can. :p
Here's a list of third-party characters who may be worth rating imo:

New Sonic characters (like Tails and Dr. Eggman)
Banjo-Kazooie
Bayonetta
Bomberman
Rayman
Solid Snake
Tetris Block
Goku
Shrek
King K. Rool he's owned by Rare and thus by Microsoft
Wonder Red he's owned by Planitum Games

And maybe indie third-party characters such as CommanderVideo, Quote, Shantae or Shovel Knight but I'm 99.99% confident it's not happening :reverse:

VioletScarlett

Smash Rookie
S
Wolf

A
Inkling ( Plz ;v; )
6th Zelda-Character

B
Sceptile
King K Rool
Krystal

C
Shantae
Shovel Knight
Paper Mario
Captain Toad

D
Tetra
Impa
Bayonetta
Second third-parties

NO.
Roy
Young Link
Pichu
Snake
Goku
Blaziken
Ridley
Meatboy
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Steve (Minecraft)
Masterchief

Other third parties, that have nothing to do with Nintendo

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

20%- Snake
15%- Jibanyan, Professor Layton, Rayman, and Bayonetta
10%- Monster Hunter, Black Mage, Agnes Oblige, Geno, and Phoenix Wright
5%- Tails, Knuckles, Simon Belmont, Bomberman, Sora, and Quote
3%- Shovel Knight, Shantae, Gunvolt, and Commander Video
1%- Banjo-Kazooie

This one took a while but I'm finally done! ^^
What do you think?

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Alright, this is my completely non-bias opinion. If anyone would like me to explain I will:

Confirmed: Mewtwo, Lucas

A: King K Rool, Inkling, Bayonetta

B: Wonder Red, Dixie Kong, Ice Climbers, Xenoblade Rep (Reyn/Fiora), Tom Knook

C: Roy, Snake, Chorus Kids, Isaac, Chrom, Bandana Dee, Girahim, Xenoblade X character

D: Another Sonic Rep (Shadow/Tails/Knuckles), Professor Layton (*sigh*), Phoenix Wright (*sigh again*),
Krystal, Rayman, Squirtle/Ivysaur, Monita, Another Mario Rep (Daisy/Toad/Waluigi), Another Pokemon Rep, Simon Belmont

F: Paper Mario, Shovel Knight, Ridley (he's already a boss :/), Wii Safety Guy, Young Link, Pichu,
Banjo-Kazooie, Geno, Bomberman, Another Mother Rep (Porky, Jeff, Claus), Another F-Zero Rep

Not Gonna Happen: Shrek, Goku, Naruto, Cory Baxter, Hank Hill, Tetris Piece
Alright. I'll bite.

-Bayonetta at A? Not only is she third party, it'd be near-impossible it'd be to create an E10-rated moveset for her that'd still feel true to character. Not to mention the addition to an E10-rated game of a character from a very much M-rated series...

-Why would another Xenoblade character be ranked at B? There's hardly any support. And why the Ice Climbers at B? I've seen inconsistent support for them, but how likely would the dev team be to attempt to get them to work right in the 3DS version, knowing that they couldn't before, and if they still couldn't they'd have wasted time and resources?

-Meanwhile, Isaac at C? His support among newcomers is second only to K. Rool, he has unique abilities and high moveset potential, and Golden Sun has had Smash presence from Brawl onward.

-And you're being inconsistent with how you treat characters already in the game. You rule out Ridley for being a boss, and yet you still rate Ghirahim and Waluigi despite being assist trophies, and Tom Nook and Chrom despite appearing in final smashes!

Last edited:

Rikkhan

Smash Apprentice
being honest I think people overrate most of the characters, the list is pretty much defined by 2 important aspects popularity + viability, this means veterans are way ahead of new characters and the only ones to compete with them are really popular and viable characters.

My List would go like this

A+: K. Rool, Inkling
A: Snake, Roy, Ice Climbers
B: Isaac, Rhythm Heaven, Dixie Kong
C: Kristal, Wonder Red, Captain Toad
D: Paper Mario, Bandana Dee
E: Daisy, Waluigi, Rayman
F: others

Ranks S-B are the ones that realistically have a chance but still I can't guarantee it because nintendo is prone to throw surprises.
Rank C-D are the underdogs, the problem is that they are in a love/hate situation, they have lots of fans but also lots of detractors.
Rank E: They have no chance but they could appear in smash5 if things go well.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
being honest I think people overrate most of the characters, the list is pretty much defined by 2 important aspects popularity + viability, this means veterans are way ahead of new characters and the only ones to compete with them are really popular and viable characters.

My List would go like this

A+: K. Rool, Inkling
A: Snake, Roy, Ice Climbers
B: Isaac, Rhythm Heaven, Dixie Kong
C: Kristal, Wonder Red, Captain Toad
D: Paper Mario, Bandana Dee
E-F: others
Viability also takes into account how certain characters can be made, if Nintendo or a third-party developer would allow a character (really, any third-party would allow it, but that doesn't mean Nintendo will), and if the character can actually be made properly.

Hence why a lot of people lower the rank of Ice Climbers, Snake, and Roy. Ice Climbers have problems due to them literally not working on the 3DS. Snake because Nintendo cut him in the first place, and Roy because he'd be a third Marth clone and the second character in the game named Roy.

Rikkhan

Smash Apprentice
Viability also takes into account how certain characters can be made, if Nintendo or a third-party developer would allow a character (really, any third-party would allow it, but that doesn't mean Nintendo will), and if the character can actually be made properly.

Hence why a lot of people lower the rank of Ice Climbers, Snake, and Roy. Ice Climbers have problems due to them literally not working on the 3DS. Snake because Nintendo cut him in the first place, and Roy because he'd be a third Marth clone and the second character in the game named Roy.
Yes I agree , but the thing to consider is that as veterans they have already passed the nintendo approval, they have already working fighters from brawl/melee and they could easily port them to smash 4, Ice Climber is the only that would require a rework and not a full rework just a way to make them work on the 3DS. Development wise they are easier to add. I'll do a revision of the list later.

Nevertheless I believe the ballot is almost a fight between Wolf, K. Rool and inkling. If splatoon get positive reviews and sells good it will become S tier.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yes I agree , but the thing to consider is that as veterans they have already passed the nintendo approval, they have already working fighters from brawl/melee and they could easily port them to smash 4, Ice Climber is the only that would require a rework and not a full rework just a way to make them work on the 3DS. Development wise they are easier to add. I'll do a revision of the list later.

Nevertheless I believe the ballot is almost a fight between Wolf, K. Rool and inkling. If splatoon get positive reviews and sells good it will become S tier.
The problem is Roy was cut and was a heavier Marth. There's no reason for Roy to come back. Snake is also questionable because he was denied to come back, and if he was denied once what's to stop him from being denied again?

Also, veterans don't get heavy reworks. They're not going to bring Ice Climbers back and completely rework how they are because people want to play as veterans AS THEY ARE. If Sakurai was interested in reworking them, they'd be in the game already.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Funny, I think Wolf is guaranteed regardless and Inkling is probably getting added in as promotion independent of the ballot. The ballot as I see it is basically K. Rool and Isaac leading the pack, followed distantly by dozens of other characters with roughly the same number of votes.*

* = discounting third parties, which, other than maaaaybe Snake, I think will be written off.

AlexTheMeowth

Smash Rookie
Well this is based off of another persons post and i added my own personal changes to it! ;3
Sorry if i did not quite explain this but this who (Welll at least who I think) Should be in Smash for DLC content.

Confirmed
Mewtwo
Lucas

S
Meowth
Shantea
Waluigi

A
Isaac
Any Bravely Default Characters
Zero
King K

A-
Krystal

B+
Waddle Dee
Roy

B
Impa
Toad
Daisy

B-
Sceptile
Pokemon Trainer

C+
Inkling
Sora

C

C-
Paper Mario

D+
Ice Climbers
Mach Rider
Black Mage
Snake

D
Andy
Chibi-Robo

D-
Bayonetta
Pichu
Black Shadow
Claus

E
Geno
Rundas
Vaati
Magolor

Ghirahim
Skull Kid
Wolf Link & Midna
Blaziken
Zoroark
Chrom
Lyn
Viridi
Takamaru
Young Link

G (Come on, people...)
Goku
Shrek
Naruto[/quote]

Last edited:
Well this is based off of another persons post and i added my own personal changes to it! ;3

Confirmed
Mewtwo
Lucas

S
Meowth
Shantea
Waluigi

A
Isaac
Zero
King K

A-
Krystal

B+
Waddle Dee
Roy

B
Impa
Toad
Daisy

B-
Sceptile
Pokemon Trainer

C+
Inkling
Sora

C

C-
Paper Mario

D+
Ice Climbers
Mach Rider
Black Mage
Snake

D
Andy
Chibi-Robo

D-
Bayonetta
Pichu
Black Shadow
Claus

E
Geno
Rundas
Vaati
Magolor

Ghirahim
Skull Kid
Wolf Link & Midna
Blaziken
Zoroark
Chrom
Lyn
Viridi
Takamaru
Young Link

G (Come on, people...)
Goku
Shrek
Naruto
[/quote]
you have a non-playable form tier

but meowth and waluigi are S tier

you have confused me.

AlexTheMeowth

Smash Rookie

you have confused me.[/quote]

Oh I should have explained, im sorry. This post was who i would like for smash in my own opinion. Yes some of these characters may not be possible but I would still love Waluigi and Meowth in the game.

you have confused me.
Oh I should have explained, im sorry. This post was who i would like for smash in my own opinion. Yes some of these characters may not be possible but I would still love Waluigi and Meowth in the game.[/quote]
1. this is a LIKELINESS thread. wrong spot mate

2. if it is who you want what would being non-playable have to do with it? :confused:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sorry if i did not quite explain this but this who (Welll at least who I think) Should be in Smash for DLC content.

Confirmed
Mewtwo
Lucas

S
Meowth
Shantea
Waluigi

A
Isaac
Zero
King K

A-
Krystal

B+
Waddle Dee
Roy

B
Impa
Toad
Daisy

B-
Sceptile
Pokemon Trainer

C+
Inkling
Sora

C

C-
Paper Mario

D+
Ice Climbers
Mach Rider
Black Mage
Snake

D
Andy
Chibi-Robo

D-
Bayonetta
Pichu
Black Shadow
Claus

E
Geno
Rundas
Vaati
Magolor

Ghirahim
Skull Kid
Wolf Link & Midna
Blaziken
Zoroark
Chrom
Lyn
Viridi
Takamaru
Young Link

G (Come on, people...)
Goku
Shrek
Naruto
Is... is this your prediction list or your want list?

Last edited:

AlexTheMeowth

Smash Rookie
Oh I should have explained, im sorry. This post was who i would like for smash in my own opinion. Yes some of these characters may not be possible but I would still love Waluigi and Meowth in the game.
1. this is a LIKELINESS thread. wrong spot mate

2. if it is who you want what would being non-playable have to do with it? :confused:[/quote]

XD Sorry for all of the confusion, i must've clicked on the wrong thread... heh Well anyways~ I thought you were saying something else thats why i responded with saying what i said.

Top Bottom