• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Create your DLC likeliness chart!

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
SS+: Mewtwo Lucas
S: Wolf, King K Rool
A: Isaac, Bandana Dee, Ice Climbers (or variant), Inkling
B: Krystal, Dixie Kong, Paper Mario
C: Sceptile, Shovel Knight, Shantae
D: Banjo Kazooie, Roy, Squirtle, Ivysaur
E: Another Sonic character, Snake, Pichu
: Shrek, Spongebob, Steve, Goku

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well here's mine. I'm excluding Mewtwo and Lucas.

S Tier

A Tier

B Tier

C Tier

D Tier

+ If Protagonist

E Tier

+ XCX Character

F Tier

G Tier
the rest

Characters are in no specific order in their respective tiers.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Alright. I'll bite.

-Bayonetta at A? Not only is she third party, it'd be near-impossible it'd be to create an E10-rated moveset for her that'd still feel true to character. Not to mention the addition to an E10-rated game of a character from a very much M-rated series...

-Why would another Xenoblade character be ranked at B? There's hardly any support. And why the Ice Climbers at B? I've seen inconsistent support for them, but how likely would the dev team be to attempt to get them to work right in the 3DS version, knowing that they couldn't before, and if they still couldn't they'd have wasted time and resources?

-Meanwhile, Isaac at C? His support among newcomers is second only to K. Rool, he has unique abilities and high moveset potential, and Golden Sun has had Smash presence from Brawl onward.

-And you're being inconsistent with how you treat characters already in the game. You rule out Ridley for being a boss, and yet you still rate Ghirahim and Waluigi despite being assist trophies, and Tom Nook and Chrom despite appearing in final smashes!
Okay, sorry this wasn't earlier, but engineering school is gonna kill me one of these days :p

-Anyways, I put Bayonetta at A, because of her strong relevance, thanks to Bayonetta 2 being fairly new and a quite popular game and her fanbase. Plus, the whole "she can't be in, because she is in an M rated series" doesn't make sense to me. If they can put Snake in Brawl, they can put her in here. I realize that Brawl was rated T, so that may or may not have something to do with him being included. I do agree that her sexualization and moves do need to be turned down though. I will admit that putting her at A was a bit of a stretch, and now that I rethink it I should have maybe put her in B.

-As for another Xenoblade rep, I actually beg to differ. There are plenty of people that would love another Xenoblade rep. Plus, with Xenoblade Chronicles 3D being released, even more people will fall in love with the characters and want another one of them in.

As for the Ice Climbers, I should have put them somewhere between B and C, but I didn't want to go into +'s and -'s. I realize they were only cut for hardware limitations, but I'm sure the New 3DS can handle them, so if you want to play them on Smash 3DS, you need a New 3DS. Is it ideal? No, but it will work, as the Ice Climbers have a decent fan base.

-Isaac being at C was for a couple of reasons. First, I knew he had a decent fanbase, but I actually didn't realize how big it actually was. Again, now that I rethink it he should be at at least B, as he is one of the most requested 3rd party characters.

-Now to tackle already existing characters. Again, most people think that characters already being in the game in non-playable form greatly hinders a character's chances. While I will admit that this would be awkward, I am more than for it if that's what fans really want. As far as Waluigi and Girahim go, they are quite well requested, but I probably should have ranked them lower, because I didn't want to put too much thought into the fact they are assist trophies, now that I think about it this probably wasn't a good idea.

Though as for Tom Knook appearing in Villager's FS and Chrom in Robin's, I actually have a thought about that. I know this is might sound dumb to some people, but I think it's easier to get around this than an assist trophy. For example, maybe Robin can help out in Chrom's FS and Tom Knook can help in Villager's. I think this would be pretty neat, but I'm probably in the minority on this one. I just don't see how, because they appear in other FS's, doesn't mean they can't be in the game as well.

As for Ridley, he's in F for more than just that reason. I believe that Sakurai stated in an interview that he would not put Ridley in, since he wouldn't be Ridley anymore if he shrunk him. Do I agree with this? No, but it's not up to me.

-Anyways, these are just my opinions, and they may differ from anyone else's, but that was just the thought process when I was making this. Tbh, I probably just shouldn't have included assist trophies, and if I do another one down the line I probably won't include them.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Time for a new update! Okay, not huge changes, but changes nonetheless.

I now added character concepts in the pic itself with a blue caption box instead of a black one.

Upgraded:
Indie third-party character: E > D

Downgraded:
Rayman: C > D
Roy (Fire Emblem): C > D

Added:
Banjo-Kazooie in E tier

The concept of an indie third-party character barely upgraded from E to D, while Rayman and Roy went back to their pre-reboot ratings.

My opinion on this chart:
Wolf: he's a shoo-in.

King K. Rool: fairly rated.

Dixie Kong: fairly rated.
Inkling: fairly rated.
Isaac: fairly rated.
A third-party character: I'm not confident about any third-party character as a DLC. Should be one tier lower imo.

Bandana Dee: I have no clue about his chances to be honest.
Captain Toad: way underrated imo.
Solid Snake: I think D tier would be better suited but C tier is fine.
Rhythm Heaven character: fairly rated.

Ice Climbers: fairly rated.
Impa: fairly rated.
Ivysaur: fairly rated.
Krystal: fairly rated.
Paper Mario: fairly rated.
Rayman: fairly rated.
Roy (Fire Emblem): fairly rated.
Squirtle: fairly rated.
Wonder Red: fairly rated.
Indie third-party: E tier is generous to begin with, but D is really pushing it.

Banjo-Kazooie: fairly rated.
Bayonetta: I don't think she has a chance but she's fine here.
Pichu: fairly rated.
Young Link: fairly rated.
Also Rate Their Chances is back! I wonder if the results coming from it will be similar from those coming from this thread :estatic:

Braydon

Smash Ace
The different tiers which will be used for this thread are the following: SSS; S; A; B; C; D; E; F. Try to be consistent with this chart system so I can easily take into account your opinion. Here are suggested benchmarks:
> SSS: extremely likely, almost a shoo-in (~95%)
> S: very likely, actually more likely than not (~55%)
> A: fairly likely, close to a coin flip (~40%)
> B: solid chance, but not exactly likely (~25%)
> C: solid chance, but will most likely not happen (~15%)
> D: possible, but very low chance (~5%)
> E: possible, but extremely low chance (~1%)
> F: almost impossible, negligible chance (~0.01%) you don't need to put a bunch of deconfirmed characters such as Chrom and Ridley in this tier.

The goal is not to create a want chart. I you want to vote for your favourite DLC choices I suggest you to visit this thread. Also try to be as unbiased as possible - don't put your most wanted in A or above just because it's your most wanted. You're free to explain some of your choices, but please respect the opinion of other people and don't let this thread turn into an endless debate or flame war. If you changed your mind just repost and specify that it's not your first post here, but try to at least wait a little before reposting :p

Current general chart
As of 04/12/2015

[----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]​

So I'm going to post my own expectation chart:

> SSS tier:
Wolf

> S tier:
Captain Toad
King K. Rool

> A tier:
Dixie Kong
Inkling

> B tier:
... nothing.

> C tier:
Bandana Dee
Isaac
Marshal/Chorus Kids/whatever from Rhythm Heaven

> D tier:
Chibi-Robo
Impa
Krystal
Magician Mii Fighter
Paper Mario
Rayman
Roy (Fire Emblem)
Solid Snake
Wonder Red

> E tier:
Banjo-Kazooie
Codename S.T.E.A.M. character
Ice Climbers
Ivysaur
Pichu
Squirtle
Young Link

> F tier:
Any indie third-party
Bayonetta
Conker
Globox
Magikarp
Sceptile
Tails, Knuckles, Amy Rose, etc.
Tetris Block
Tharja
Why is ice climbers on there? It has a 0% chance of appearing in smash 4, he can't run on the 3DS...

God stop voting on likeliness... It doesn't give you anything like actual likeliness, it's just people blurting out stupid crap like ridley and iceclimbers, the two characters that have been confirmed for not being added.

The most likely character is probably Isaac from GS. Polls have indicated him as one of the most popular, he's first party, and his game has no representation, so we need him.

CamZ

Smash Apprentice
SSS Tier: Wolf
A Tier: K. Rool, Isaac

B Tier: Inkling, Dixie, Bandana Dee, Roy(FE)
C Tier: Snake, Captain Toad, Impa, Wonder Red, Krystal
D Tier: Ivysaur, Squirtle, Paper Mario, Young Link, Pichu, Rhythm Heaven rep
E Tier: Indie Character, Rayman, Xenoblade rep, Banjo, Bayonetta
Z tier: Goku, Steve, Master Chief, Home Depot, Shrek, etc

CONFIRMED UNPLAYABLE: Ridley, Ice Climbers, Chrom

Last edited:

Rikkhan

Smash Apprentice
update:

Most likely
S: Wolf

Real chances
A+: K.Rool, Inkling
A: Dixie, Issac, Rhythm Heaven

Underdogs
B: Snake, Captain Toad

No chance below
C: Kristal, Wonder Red, Roy, Ice Climbers,
D: Paper Mario, Bandana Dee
E: Daisy, Waluigi, Rayman
F: others

Why is ice climbers on there? It has a 0% chance of appearing in smash 4, he can't run on the 3DS...

God stop voting on likeliness... It doesn't give you anything like actual likeliness, it's just people blurting out stupid crap like ridley and iceclimbers, the two characters that have been confirmed for not being added.
Ridley != Ice Climbers
Ridley has a design flaw (too big and others things...) Ice climbers have technical dificulties which can be fixed, saying something is imposible to code is ridiculous also consider sakurai statements contradict a lot, he said there wont be new characters then we had 3 more, he said lucas and mewtwo wont be on smash 4 because they were clones and now they are, he said villager wont work on smash and there it is. Also kind of funny because Rosalina is similar to ice climbers.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Ridley != Ice Climbers
Ridley has a design flaw (too big and others things...) Ice climbers have technical dificulties which can be fixed, saying something is imposible to code is ridiculous also consider sakurai statements contradict a lot, he said there wont be new characters then we had 3 more, he said lucas and mewtwo wont be on smash 4 because they were clones and now they are, he said villager wont work on smash and there it is. Also kind of funny because Rosalina is similar to ice climbers.
What? :dizzy:
I'm sorry, but I'm sure Sakurai never said that... plus Mewtwo isn't a clone of anyone and while Lucas has a concept similar to Ness he's different enough to not be considered a full clone (at least he's miles behind Dark Pit when it comes to cloniness).

Last edited:

Braydon

Smash Ace
Ridley != Ice Climbers
The ice climbers code does not work with 3DS, to keep the versions the same they'd likely have to remake them from base and no guarantees it will work then, it's way to risky for them to invest time in. And no sakurai isn't contradicting himself, it's called changing his mind.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
A: King K. Rool, Inkling
A-: Isaac, Dixie
B+: Roy, Shovel Knight
B: Snake
C: Captain Toad, Wonder Red
C-: Paper Mario, Rayman, Bandanna Dee
D: Krystal, Waluigi, Daisy
F: Everyone else.
I usually don't like to directly comment other people's charts, but don't you think that putting Shovel Knight in B+ tier almost on par with Isaac and Dixie Kong is really pushing it? I mean, he's not owned by Nintendo, comes from a single multi-platform game, doesn't have a Japanese release, was very recently created by a small company, and he's miles behind the third-party characters we currently have in Smash when it comes to star power.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
I usually don't like to directly comment other people's charts, but don't you think that putting Shovel Knight in B+ tier almost on par with Isaac and Dixie Kong is really pushing it? I mean, he's not owned by Nintendo, comes from a single multi-platform game, doesn't have a Japanese release, was very recently created by a small company, and he's miles behind the third-party characters we currently have in Smash when it comes to star power.
Yes, it is a farfetch'd choice. Despite all that, Nintendo praised the game themselves, created an Accolades trailer, something they normally don't do. Shovel Knight has seen overwhelming support for the game (Shovel Knight was #1 on a reddit poll). While he may not have Mega Man or Sonic reputation, his current game is one of the most critically acclaimed game for the Wii U. Not to mention creating a set for him wouldn't be to hard.

Braydon

Smash Ace
Yes, it is a farfetch'd choice. Despite all that, Nintendo praised the game themselves, created an Accolades trailer, something they normally don't do. Shovel Knight has seen overwhelming support for the game (Shovel Knight was #1 on a reddit poll). While he may not have Mega Man or Sonic reputation, his current game is one of the most critically acclaimed game for the Wii U. Not to mention creating a set for him wouldn't be to hard.
The reddit poll is hugely inaccurate, not even the smashboard poll has him there, and other countries have basically no desire for him (I heard there's no japanese version of shovel knights, that puts the chance of it being added at like 1%, there not going to add something only one region will enjoy)

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
The reddit poll is hugely inaccurate, not even the smashboard poll has him there, and other countries have basically no desire for him (I heard there's no japanese version of shovel knights, that puts the chance of it being added at like 1%, there not going to add something only one region will enjoy)
Looking back on Melee we had Roy and Marth, japanese-exclusives at the time. American audiences still enjoyed them. In Brawl we had Lucas from Mother 3. American audiences still loved him.

Japan got a lot of love. America should deserve similar love.

Braydon

Smash Ace
Looking back on Melee we had Roy and Marth, japanese-exclusives at the time. American audiences still enjoyed them. In Brawl we had Lucas from Mother 3. American audiences still loved him.

Japan got a lot of love. America should deserve similar love.
So what you're saying is we should add an indie char with one game just to spite japan?

Robertos0511

Smash Rookie
S: Wolf - Way too much demand from the fanbase to deny them Wolf, imo. Just please please pleeeeeeeease don't make him a clone.

A: Snake - Good demand for him, can't really see why Nintendo took him out, definitely a possiblity. Below Wolf because I suspect that demand for Snake is lower

B: Inkling - Would be a rep for Splatoon, the only reason they aren't in A tier is because I struggle to think of a moveset, but could easily go up in my ranking if someone showed me a viable movset.

Isaac - Classic Nintendo character, surprised he hasn't been in smash so far. Only reason he isn't A tier is because he hasn't been in a smash game so far, and I feel that any character that has been in a smash game (and has some level of demand, without being restricted by limitation. before has an advantage.

King K. Rool - Personally, I don't think he'd make a good character, too much like Dedede or Bowser imo (Feel free to prove me wrong though) But people want him in so I guess he has a good chance :/

C: Rayman- Already got a trophy in game, don't see why Nintendo couldn't use him, if they don't already have the rights I'm sure negotiations would be easy enough. Only reason he isn't B tier is because the're may possibly be legal implications.

Fiora - 2nd rep for Xenoblade would be cool, seems like Nintendo may be testing the water for Xenoblade dlc with the Dunban costume aswell. Can think of multiple movesets off of the top of my head. Only thing that my hurt her chances would be my next suggestion. Main reason for being placed in C tier is because I'll probably get attack by other board members if I put her in B (jokes :p). But seriously, if we were to judge it by moveset and no other factors, Fiora would be SSSSSSSS+ tier for me.

Cross (or any other Xenoblade X rep) - Would likely take Fiora's place. Once again, i can think of multiple movesets off of the top of my head.

Dixie Kong - If King K Rool happens she's gonna go right down the tiers, but I could see her happening. Only thing is, she'd probably be a clone of Diddy, and if you haven't gathered, I'm really not keen on clones.

Impa - Very similar to Shiek in possible movesets, but fairly high demand could give her a place on the roster. If I think demand is higher than I currently anticipate, she could easily move up to B tier.

Tails/Knuckles/Any other second sonic rep - If Nintendo can do this without having to work anything out with Sega, this could happen if demand is high enough. With a series as rich with characters as Sonic's, I'm surprised we don't have a second rep.

D: Shovel Knight - Honest admission here - I really don't understand the high demand for this character. I can't see him being a likely possibility because he's not Nintendo, but who knows.

E: Roy - I don't see him being included, because they said that the reason Chrom wasn't included was because his moveset doesn't really bring anything new to the table, and I don't see Roy having anything new either. Only thing he has going for him is that he was included in a previous smash game.

Pichu - I never played him, but from what I heard he was a Pikachu clone who hurt himself. Not sure who thought that was a good idea for Smash. Can't see him returning.

Young Link - He's pretty much been dethroned by Toon Link. Can't see him returning unless Toon Link was to get removed. Plus, he sounds too clone-ey (That's a word now), which I don't like.

Squirtle/Ivysaur/Pokemon Trainer - Yeah, can't see them returning, we have an abundance of pokemon reps. They're probably doomed to spend the rest of their days alongside Pichu and the other rejected veterans.

100% will not get in: Ice Climbers (Technical limitations, unless they were made New 3DS exclusive, which I highly doubt Sakurai would do), Shrek (Need I say anymore)

My list so far. Any characters not included are because I'm not familiar with them or I highly doubt that they will get in (EG any Mario characters) Btw the list is by likeliness to get in, then the little bit I wrote is a combination of my opinion and likeliness. Also, this list is subject to change, so expect me to update it as people's opinion's change and/or new characters get released.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well here's mine. I'm excluding Mewtwo and Lucas.

S Tier

A Tier

B Tier

C Tier

D Tier

+ If Protagonist

E Tier

+ XCX Character

F Tier

G Tier
the rest

Characters are in no specific order in their respective tiers.
Personally I'd rank a Custom Robo rep a little higher. (Rank D) The Custom Robo series seems to have reasonable popularity in Japan. Probably moreso than Golden Sun. (At least if that Japanese survey from earlier in the year is to be believed, Custom Robo ranked 6 I think)

As much as I would love it to be Chibi Robo or Sami from Advance Wars, I think if any series is going to be blindside us and get a slot on the roster it'll be Custom Robo.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
A: Snake - Good demand for him, can't really see why Nintendo took him out, definitely a possiblity. Below Wolf because I suspect that demand for Snake is lower
It is probably because MGS V is on every current console (including PS3 and 360) and not Wii U. Can't see Nintendo being too happy about that....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It is probably because MGS V is on every current console (including PS3 and 360) and not Wii U. Can't see Nintendo being too happy about that....
I doubt it had to do with that considering MGS4.

D

Deleted member

I doubt it had to do with that considering MGS4.
But Nintendo was in a much better position at the time, sitting on a mountain of money they gained from the success of the Wii, not to mention that the console MGS4 was exclusive to was on the opposite end of the spectrum back then. With the Wii U behind its competition in sales and Nintendo losing said money, they likely aren't willing to promote a game that will appear exclusively on rival platforms.

Robertos0511

Smash Rookie
Hmmm........ you make a good point. I'm gonna look into it more before I move Snake down in my rankings though.

Just a thought, anyone think that we might get costumes for existing fighters as DLC?

D

Deleted member

Just a thought, anyone think that we might get costumes for existing fighters as DLC?
Gee, I sure hope so! I really wanted the Magic Armor from Twilight Princess for Link as a costume, among other things.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
SS::wolf: (pretty much a shoe in for the next dlc)

A:Inkling (with the new game coming out it makes sense they could be added at some point)

B:Impa (I see her chances being good especially with Zelda Wii U coming, although we don't know what role if any she will play in the game)

C:Krystal (actually I feel her chances are just as likely but she drops a tier because I have some doubts since I feel like she should've been included already but yet, she still ins't in)

D:Midna Dark Samus (they'd be higher if they weren't assist trophies)
D-::roypm: :popo: (possible returning veterans unlikely since we are getting Mewtwo, Lucas, and possibly Wolf personally seeing these is unlikely seeing as Roy is a (another) Marth clone and Ice Climbers has issues with the 3ds)

E:Shantae Zoroark Sceptile (New pokemon are unlikely unless we get a Gen 7 release soon, and Shantae being a third party Indie character makes her chances somewhat slim)
E-::snake: (Third party issues got him cut, I suspect even more issues to get him back in)

F:Banjo Kazooie Crash Bandicoot Ridley Weavile (Ridley's already had a ****ton of issues, Weavile is just my wishful thinking it'd be cool, Crash and Banjo being 3rd party characters, so yeah very unlikely)
F-----:Cloud Tifa (lol)

D

Deleted member

April 14th, 2015

Confirmed: Mewtwo, Lucas
S (99%): Wolf
A (75%): Inkling
B (50%): King K. Rool
C (35%): Krystal, Roy, Ice Climber, Chorus Men, Snake
D (20%): Isaac, Paper Mario, Bandanna Dee, Impa, Pichu, Dixie Kong
E (5%): Captain Toad, Ray (Custom Robo), Bomberman, Rayman, Sceptile, Professor Layotn, Chibi-Robo, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Daisy, Wonder Red, Simon Belmont, Andy, Black Shadow, Young Link
F (1%): Shantae, Shovel Knight, Quote, Geno, Bayonetta, Slime
N(ever happening) (0%): Banjo-Kazooie
DLC Likelihood 3 Roster.png

I(n): Mewtwo and Lucas
S Tier (95%): Wolf, Roy, Ryu
A Tier (75%): King K. Rool
B Tier (50%): Snake, Inklings, Ice Climber, Chorus Men
C Tier (35%): Isaac, Dixie Kong, Krystal
D Tier (20%): Pichu, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Two Konami characters (Bomberman or Simon Belmont), Impa, Bandanna Dee, Captain Toad
E Tier (5%): Young Link, Wonder Red, Daisy, Ray (Custom Robo), Rayman, Professor Layton, Andy, Black Shaodw, Sceptile, Chibi-Robo
F Tier (1%): Shovel Knight, Shantae, Quote, Bayonetta, Slime, Geno, any Second Sonic characters (Tails, Knuckles, Shadow)
N(ever Happening): Banjo & Kazooie.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

If you read it like a book, it's in order of how I want them in Smash. Except E-Tier. Poor Roy :(

Robertos0511

Smash Rookie
UPDATED PERSONAL CHART

S:
Roy - I didn't see much chance of him being included, because they said that the reason Chrom wasn't included was because his move-set doesn't really bring anything new to the table, and I don't see Roy having anything new either. But, those sound files make it look like he's being worked on. So quite a likely possibility now.

Ryu - Just like Roy, the sound files are there. Not familiar with Street Fighter myself, but it sounds like there is lots of potential for move-sets anyway.

A:
Wolf - Way too much demand from the fan-base to deny them Wolf, IMO. Just please, please, please, don't make him a clone.

B:
Inkling - Would be a rep for Splatoon, the only reason they aren't in A tier is because I struggle to think of a move-set, but could easily go up in my ranking if someone showed me a viable move-set.

Isaac - Classic Nintendo character, surprised he hasn't been in smash so far. Only reason he isn't A tier is because he hasn't been in a smash game so far, and I feel that any character that has been in a smash game (and has some level of demand, without being restricted by a legal or console limitation). before has an advantage.

King K. Rool - Personally, I don't think he'd make a good character, too much like Dedede or Bowser IMO (Feel free to prove me wrong though). But people want him in so I guess he has a good chance :/

C:
Rayman- Already got a trophy in game, don't see why Nintendo couldn't use him, if they don't already have the rights I'm sure negotiations would be easy enough. Only reason he isn't B tier is because the're may possibly be legal implications.

Fiora - 2nd rep for Xenoblade would be cool, seems like Nintendo may be testing the water for Xenoblade DLC with the Dunban costume as well. Can think of multiple move-sets off of the top of my head. Only thing that my hurt her chances would be my next suggestion. Main reason for being placed in C tier is because I'll probably get attack by other board members if I put her in B (jokes :p).

Cross (or any other Xenoblade X rep) - Would likely take Fiora's place. Once again, I can think of multiple movesets off of the top of my head.

Dixie Kong - If King K Rool happens she's gonna go right down the tiers, but I could see her happening. Only thing is, she'd could possibly be a clone of Diddy, and if you haven't gathered, I'm really not keen on clones. :/

Impa - Very similar to Shiek in possible movesets, but fairly high demand could give her a place on the roster. If I think demand is higher than I currently anticipate, she could easily move up to B tier.

Tails/Knuckles/Any other second sonic rep - If Nintendo can do this without having to work anything out with Sega, this could happen if demand is high enough. With a series as rich with characters as Sonic's, I'm surprised we don't have a second rep.

D: Snake - Moving Snake down to D tier, as it has come to my attention that the latest games in the series aren't on Nintendo consoles. Could be saved by large demand, not likely though.

Sceptile: We have already got plenty of Pokemon reps, so I doubt it will happen, although if we do get one I would guess Sceptile.

E:
Pichu - I never played him, but from what I heard he was a Pikachu clone who hurt himself. Not sure who thought that was a good idea for Smash. Can't see him returning.

Young Link - He's pretty much been dethroned by Toon Link. Can't see him returning unless Toon Link was to get removed. Plus, he sounds too much like a clone, which I don't like.

Squirtle/Ivysaur/Pokemon Trainer - Yeah, can't see them returning, we have an abundance of Pokemon reps. They're probably doomed to spend the rest of their days alongside Pichu and the other rejected veterans.

Shovel Knight - Starting to think the demand for Shovel Knight isn't as high as I thought. I can't see him being a likely possibility because he's not Nintendo, but who knows.

100% will not get in:
Ice Climbers - Technical limitations, unless they were made New 3DS exclusive, which I highly doubt Sakurai would do

Shrek - Need I say anymore

My list so far. Any characters not included are because I'm not familiar with them or I highly doubt that they will get in (E.G. any Mario characters) BTW the list is by likeliness to get in, then the little bit I wrote is a combination of my opinion and likeliness. Also, this list is subject to change, so expect me to update it as people's opinion's change and/or new characters get released.

Changes include:
Roy has been moved up to S tier
Ryu has been inserted at S tier
Wolf has been moved down to A tier
Snake has been moved to D tier
Sceptile has been inserted at D tier

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
King K. Rool - Personally, I don't think he'd make a good character, too much like Dedede or Bowser imo (Feel free to prove me wrong though) But people want him in so I guess he has a good chance :/
Well, since you asked, check out his thread's OP for a comprehensive list of moveset options. Take it from his fans, the development team would have to go out of its way to make K. Rool similar to Bowser or Dedede.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
> SSS (Confirmed): Mewtwo, Lucas
> S (Most likely): Roy, Ryu,
> A: Wolf
> B: K. Rool, Inkling, Isaac,
> C: Bandana Dee, Capt. Toad, Dixie, Rayman, Wonder Red, Another 3rd Party Rep (In general)
> D: Impa, Krystal, Paper Mario, Shantae, Shovel Knight, RH Rep, Other Namco Rep, Non Capcom/Sega/Namco Rep
> E (Least Likely): Banjo & Kazooie, Bayonetta,Ice Climbers, Snake, Other Indie Rep, Other Sonic Rep, Other Sega Rep
> F (Not happening): Chrom, Geno, Goku, Ridley, Shrek, Non-Video Game Character.

Non-specific Reps Italicized & Underlined

Last edited:

shuun

Smash Rookie
So, Ryu and Roy are basically at the same level of Wolf? Maybe with more chance or less, i dunno.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
SSS-Tier (already confirmed and are/will be available): Mewtwo, Lucas
SS-Tier (almost certain, but unconfirmed officially): Ryu, Roy
S-Tier (likely, but unconfirmed): Wolf, King K.Rool
A-Tier (pretty likely, but unconfirmed): Dixie Kong
B-Tier (somewhat likely, but unconfirmed): Inkling, Issac, Sceptile
C-Tier (not really likely, but unconfirmed): Bandana Dee, Ivysaur, Impa
D-Tier (pretty unlikely, but still have a shot): Squirtle, Shantae, Ridley, Snake
E-Tier (so unlikely it's not even worth voting for): Dark Samus, other Assist Trophies or items
F-Tier (chances are pretty much obliterated with no hope of reversal): Ice Climbers, most third-parties
F- Tier (absolutely no chance unless Hell freezes over or Sakurai goes crazy): Goku, Shrek, all other non-video game fighters

There's my list; the reason Ridley is in D-Tier instad of F-Tier is because he may already have data from a playable status to work with; thus he wouldn't be as long to develop as a few other picks, like some of the AT's (who would need whole movesets to flesh out, while Ridley may have already had a partially complete moveset to work with before getting the axe). And Sakurai has been known to reverse his choices a lot, so him reversing his opinion on Ridley because of the less-taxing development (assuming Ridley was in development as a fighter sometime between when the game was revealed and the next time it was shown at E3 before being axed) may save Ridley from becoming a no-hoper.

He has a better shot at going playable than Dark Samus, at the very least (again, assuming he had a partially-complete moveset).

Last edited:
Confirmed: Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Ryu
A: King K. Rool
B: Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Isaac
C: Captain Toad, Inkling, Impa, Paper Mario
D: Chibi-Robo, Krystal, Rhythm Heaven character, Wonder Red
E: Ivysaur, Ray, Rayman, Squirtle
F: Pichu, Shantae, Snake, Young Link

Changes:
- Upgraded Roy and Ryu to confirmed tier.
- Downgraded Inkling from B tier to C tier due to Inkling costumes being confirmed for DLC.
- Downgraded Krystal from C tier to D tier due to being unlikely to appear in SFZ (story apparently occurs before Adventures).
- Downgraded Ray from D tier to E tier due to Custom Robo not getting a new game since 2007.
- Downgraded Squirtle and Ivysaur from C tier to E tier due to lack of demand and multiple DLC Pokemon reps unlikely to happen.
- Downgraded Snake from E tier to F tier due to Konami being a mess and Kojima having apparently left Konami.
- Replaced Indie character with Shantae because I think she's the only Indie character that has at least a low chance of being in Smash.
- Removed Sceptile because I don't think he has any chance to be in the game (kept Pichu and Young Link only because of their veteran status).
- Removed the Ice Climbers, because a recently translated Sakurai's interview strongly suggests that they won't happen.
- Removed the unnecessary Z tier that included characters that have no chance in my opinion.

Last edited:

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
SS tier: Lucas, Wolf, and Roy
S tier: King K. Rool, Ryu
A tier: Young Link, Shovel Knight, Sceptile, Daisy
B tier: Dixie Kong, Sylux, Bomberman, Banjo-Kazooie

C tier: Shantae, Knuckles, Pokemon Trainer, Tails, Paper Mario
D tier: Silver, Metal Sonic, Ridley, Rundas, Snake, Ice Climbers
E tier: Bayonetta, Simon Belmont, Pichu, Waluigi, Shadow
F tier: Any non video game character, or any Sony or Microsoft exclusives

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I guess someone doesnt believe that the code means playable :p
Sakurai is just adding a button to the main menu that when clicked plays the Street Fighter victory tune while a message scrolls across the bottom of the screen reading "I could have put Ryu in Smash but I didn't!".

Top Bottom