• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Create your DLC likeliness chart!

andimidna

Smash Master
DLC11 Roster.png

Hey guys :]
lol idk
Not finding much too likely
Mewtwo is in SS tier (so broken)
Nobody is in S tier
Nobody is in A tier
And... order doesn't really matter, just separate rows
The first row is like probably not, but I could totally see it
The second is pretty much the same, but a little less likely
The next row I really can't see, but it'd be possible if something else happens
Next would basically be just honorable mention tier lol
Then we have the lol i wish tier
And then I saw an icon for Machi I forgot about so I put him there cause daw look how cute he is
*Chorus Men could really be any RH character
*Fiora is more of a placeholder for that new Xenoblade character
*Fire Emblem=A FE "If"? character
*Mach Rider includes other retros

...I'll probably fix this up some other time but hey I wanted to post something
*Oh and sorry if I forgot someone important

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It would be a pity, but really, any characters we get from here on out are bonuses. I don't know about you, but I'm quite satisfied with the game as is.
Eh, I'd argue that they're not bonuses if we're paying extra for them. Ultimately they're going to want to make money with dlc, a bonus to me would be more like a freebie or something on the side of something bigger. (Like getting Lucina, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit along with our copies of Smash 4)

D

Deleted member

At the very least, we should realize that Mewtwo should be coming out in a few months, because that Club Nintendo offer isn't gonna mean a whole lot since they are ending it.

I'll also be updating my tier list soon with some more details in why I think the way I do.

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
How in the flying **** is Daisy on that list but not Porky?
Well listen here m8; if a Mario rep gets in its gonna be Captain Toad and if an Earthbound rep gets in it'll be Lucas. I'll bet all of my limbs that neither of them will be smash DLC. If they are, you can email me your address so I know she to ship 2 arms and 2 legs :p

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Well listen here m8; if a Mario rep gets in its gonna be Captain Toad and if an Earthbound rep gets in it'll be Lucas. I'll bet all of my limbs that neither of them will be smash DLC. If they are, you can email me your address so I know she to ship 2 arms and 2 legs :p
I know Porky won't make it, and Lucas is better than nothing but, man.
It's just depressing knowing people would rather Sloppy Seconds over a huge major antagonist of a franchise.
Of course Mother is an ant compared to Mario, but for a diehard fan like me, it is always a little disheartening.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="[a href="&mdash'>http://t.co/dZtfwbwcTk">pic.twitter.com/dZtfwbwcTk</a></p>&mdash; Raheem The Dream (@RaheemRTD) <a href="January'>https://twitter.com/RaheemRTD/status/557795877293940737">January 21, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

P.S: ESPECIALLY, check this out:<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="[a href="https://twitter.com/Sora_SakuraiUS/status/529150697590124545">November[/a] 3, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="[a href="&mdash'>http://t.co/dZtfwbwcTk">pic.twitter.com/dZtfwbwcTk</a></p>&mdash; Raheem The Dream (@RaheemRTD) <a href="January'>https://twitter.com/RaheemRTD/status/557795877293940737">January 21, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

P.S: ESPECIALLY, check this out:<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="[a href="https://twitter.com/Sora_SakuraiUS/status/529150697590124545">November[/a] 3, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Is that suppose to be your chart?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
"Shantae will be DLC for Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS, 100% trufax, STFU haters!"

Sakurai: "Stunt on ya haters bruh!"

Also, very, very disturbing "other things" on his Twitter page.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
As I said on the OP I moved Krystal to F tier because her trophy is unlocked through a challenge in the Wii U version. While generic random trophies like Mewtwo has been proven to be able to promote to playable, I thought that trophies unlocked through challenges were doomed, because promoting them to playable would require a reprogramming of their challenges, and I couldn't really see Sakurai's team actually doing that.

Yesterday after beating the 4 opponent K.O. in Rival Smash challenge with Robin (seriously his Nosferatu breaks Multi-Man Smash as much as it breaks FE:A) I unlocked the Ice Climbers trophy, which made me even more confident that their were a long shot. But today I did the 3 opponent K.O. with Diddy Kong challenge and I unlocked... the Dixie Kong trophy. While I can see the Ice Climbers as a long shot, as well as Krystal to an extent, I really, really don't want to move Dixie in F tier. And to make things even worse I saw on SmashWiki that King K. Rool's trophy is unlocked through a challenge on the Wii U version, and I don't want to move him to F tier either.

While I think that having a trophy unlocked through a challenge kinda hurts a character I can't really see it as a flat-out deconfirmation anymore. Because Mewtwo being in the game as a collectible trophy destroyed my hopes to see him playable by DLC and guess what happened. I'm going to put back Krystal back in D tier in my chart now.

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
As I said on the OP I moved Krystal to F tier because her trophy is unlocked through a challenge in the Wii U version. While generic random trophies like Mewtwo has been proven to be able to promote to playable, I thought that trophies unlocked through challenges were doomed, because promoting them to playable would require a reprogramming of their challenges, and I couldn't really see Sakurai's team actually doing that.

Yesterday after beating the 4 opponent K.O. in Rival Smash challenge with Robin (seriously his Nosferatu breaks Multi-Man Smash as much as it breaks FE:A) I unlocked the Ice Climbers trophy, which made me even more confident that their were a long shot. But today I did the 3 opponent K.O. with Diddy Kong challenge and I unlocked... the Dixie Kong trophy. While I can see the Ice Climbers as a long shot, as well as Krystal to an extent, I really, really don't want to move Dixie in F tier. And to make things even worse I saw on SmashWiki that King K. Rool's trophy is unlocked through a challenge on the Wii U version, and I don't want to move him to F tier either.

While I think that having a trophy unlocked through a challenge kinda hurts a character I can't really see it as a flat-out deconfirmation anymore. Because Mewtwo being in the game as a collectible trophy destroyed my hopes to see him playable by DLC and guess what happened. I'm going to put back Krystal back in D tier in my chart now.
Reprogramming a challenge would actually be really, really easy. It's just a simple matter of going in and have the game unlock A Trophy instead of B Trophy, allowing A trophy to be unlocked otherwise. Would probably take around 15 minutes to do.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

In theory. They could just keep the trophy and make a new one.

No replacement is necessary.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
In theory. They could just keep the trophy and make a new one.

No replacement is necessary.
Exactly. All they'd need to do is designate the trophy as an alternate of some kind. The Star Fox characters in Brawl had multiple trophies based on their appearances in other games, so it's been done before.

If anything, one could argue that if the likes of Dixie Kong and Krystal (and to an extent, K. Rool) are unlocked from beating challenges, it means the developers must still think they're important. The Ice Climbers ended up there as a way to still give them some importance even though they couldn't get them to work right in the 3DS version.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

100%- Mewtwo
65%- Chorus Kids
60%- Lucas, Wolf, and Dixie Kong
50%- (Can go either way)- Inklings, Ice Climbers, and 3rd Party characters in general.
25%- Young Link, Deku Link, and Captain Toad
15%- Melia, Fiora, or Xenoblade X character
10% - Bandanna Dee to Hades
7.5%- Style Savvy and Fossil Fighter
5%- Sceptile to Paper Mario
3%- Monita to K. Rool
1%- Geno to Muddy Mole
This thread needs a new chart with the recent data dumps that was posted.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
The odds are currently in their favor right now with a new game coming out (which Sakurai relies on in his criteria, and was one of the reasons IC got axed) and actual proof that there was originally going to be RH content in the Wii U version.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I think that Wolf, Lucas, and Dixie Kong are the most likely DLC candidates because they can be modeled after existing characters. Anybody who requires a lot of work will be saved for the next game. Yes, even my beloved King K. Rool. :cry:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As far as I'm concerned, there's probably about a half dozen characters with decent chances of being DLC, another half dozen with lukewarm chances, and the rest are of negligible likelihood.

Also BP your list is still lulzy.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I mean I could, but it'd take me a while (there's a fair bit) and you're not going to change it, so is there really a point?
If the arguing involves solely on popularity being a main factor and "other characters will most likely take priority" "X character is likelier than Y character, really" is said without explanation, I most likely won't change it.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

100%- Mewtwo
65%- Chorus Kids
50%- (Can go either way)- Inklings, Ice Climbers, and 3rd Party characters in general.
3%- Monita to K. Rool
1%- Geno to Muddy Mole
How do you even come up with these percentages?

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
SSS: Shrek and Ridley
F: Everyone else
Less than F: Mewtwo (they would never bring Mewtwo back, of all characters)

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
The odds are currently in their favor right now with a new game coming out (which Sakurai relies on in his criteria, and was one of the reasons IC got axed) and actual proof that there was originally going to be RH content in the Wii U version.
Wonder Red has a higher chance in becoming a DLC character than a Xenoblade X rep.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Geno_New_Outfit_by_Kevichan.jpg

100%- Mewtwo
65%- Chorus Kids
3%- Monita to K. Rool
1%- Geno to Muddy Mole
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geno...U-verisons/1722501687975421[ATTACH=full]37305[/ATTACH]

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Could you elaborate why Wonder Red has a 50/50 into becoming a playable character?
People say a character has a good chance, but people commonly don't go into specifics.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Could you elaborate why Wonder Red has a 50/50 into becoming a playable character?
People say a character has a good chance, but people commonly don't go into specifics.
Nintendo owned IP, new IP, large amount of representation in Smash Bros, his creator wants to make a W101 sequel, exposure in Smash Bros would help boost sales of W101 franchise.

I wouldn't go so far as to say he has a 50/50 chance, but he's got a better shot then most characters.

Top Bottom