• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Create a Spirit Thread

Bionichute

Smash Champion
If it helps, the second Wizpig artwork is from the DS remake of Diddy Kong Racing. Anyway, I didn't realize that only primary spirits could be enhanced. Guess that threw one heck of a monkey wrench on my Spirit concepts.
Yeah, Support Spirits can't evolve, they aren't even capable of leveling up. It makes sense, hard to really improve "gives you a fire flower". Kinda makes Supports easier to come up with too, they're pretty simple.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah, Support Spirits can't evolve, they aren't even capable of leveling up. It makes sense, hard to really improve "gives you a fire flower". Kinda makes Supports easier to come up with too, they're pretty simple.
So I guess if I made a Spirit concept like the following, that would be the correct way to set up a Support Spirit.

Deoxys (Defense Forme)

• Ace Class
  • Support Spirit
  • Special Ability: Defense Up
    • 0.5x damage taken; 1.5x shield HP.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
So some of these are already known spirits, maybe all of them will be, but honestly I don't really care!

BEAN SELLER

SUPPORT :starman: NOVICE
Ability: Fighter gains significantly more health from food items.
Match: Defeat Villager on Great Bay. Villager loves planting... watch out for the three small Piranha Plants defending him!

POKEMON RANGERS

PRIMARY (GRAB) :starman: NOVICE
Match: Defeat Richter Belmont on Saffron City. Richter uses his whip exclusively, and is protected by Pikachu, Pichu, and Jigglypuff.

HENRY

PRIMARY (ATTACK) :starman: NOVICE
Match: Defeat Robin on Dracula's Castle. Robin only uses tomes and taunts frequently, and is guarded by two small black Ridleys.

STARMAN JR.

SUPPORT :starman::starman: ADVANCED
Ability: The fighter starts with the Franklin Badge equipped.
Match: Defeat Ness on Rainbow Road (Omega form). Ness stays in one place and uses his PSI attacks.

FROGGER

Ability: The fighter has increased jump height.
Match: Defeat green Greninja on Onett. The cars on Onett are almost non-stop and three small King K. Rools attack both the player and Greninja.

ADELEINE

Ability: The fighter's Special moves are powered up.
Match: Defeat Inkling on Green Greens. Inkling is defended by multicolored Mr. Game & Watch's.

SAMURAI GOROH

PRIMARY (ATTACK) :starman::starman: ADVANCED
Match: Defeat Wario on Big Blue. Wario is equipped with the Killing Edge and loves riding his bike.

AZURA

SUPPORT :starman::starman::starman: ACE
Ability: The fighter has autohealing.
Match: Defeat Corrin on Coliseum. Corrin is guarded by Jigglypuff who sings endlessly.

MORAG

PRIMARY (ATTACK) :starman::starman::starman: ACE
Match: Defeat Roy on Midgar. Roy is backed up by a blue Zelda who spams Din's Fire.

XORD

SUPPORT :starman::starman::starman: ACE
Ability: The fighter starts the battle with a Hammer equipped.
Match: Defeat giant R.O.B. on Gaur Plains. Hammers spawn frequently.

CUCCO

SUPPORT :starman::starman::starman::starman: LEGEND
Ability: The fighter starts with a Cucco.
Match: Defeat Link on Hyrule Castle. Cucco's rain from the sky.
Looks like you took up my suggestion and went wild, I love all of these, especially Cucco (Legend class for it is hilariously accurate).

Now for another Spirit of my own:

Pokémon series
Blaziken
23DBABF2-E854-42A0-A659-4118D07E0BB1.png

Class: :starman::starman::starman: Ace Primary Attack
Battle: Defeat red Captain Falcon on Kalos Pokémon League (Omega Form). Captain Falcon loves to use kicking attacks (Falcon Kick, Up Tilt, Down Smash, etc.), and has x1.5 speed.

Pokémon series
Mega Blaziken
70C7178A-06F3-4DF1-A87E-F2CC6EC467E8.jpeg

Class: :starman::starman::starman::starman: Legend Primary Attack
Unlock Criteria: Enhance Blaziken Spirit

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I was pointed to this thread, so, here's my idea!
250px-Midbus_Artwork_-_Mario_and_Luigi_BiS.png

Mario series
Midbus

Novice

Primary is shield.

Battle goes as follows

You play as Bowser against a pink K. Rool who counters and nairs a lot in the boxing ring stage. Coins spawn when you hit K. Rool, and when he hits you, food spawns around him that he eats quickly.

Attachments

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
(Shantae Series)
Rottytops

Class: Primary, :starman::starman: Advanced
Core Type: Grab

Spirit Battle: Fight Daisy (Green alternate costume), on Dracula's Castle. Daisy's speed is increased by 1.5x. She especially loves tossing turnips (which imitate Rotty's "head throw" :)).

Last edited:

jwillenn

Smash Apprentice

Ikaruga (Ikaruga) | :starman::starman::starman::starman: | Support

Skill: Polarity (Character) Swap
The ability to use shield is sacrificed in order to swap between two characters at any time during match by pressing the shield button! The spirit of Ikaruga must be assigned to no more or less than two unique characters to work. These are the characters you'll switch between on the fly. I don't know how far Ultimate's Spirits concept goes with this stuff, so don't shoot me if this is too much.

Event: Defeat Pokemon Trainer without raising shield while also meeting the time and minimum chain requirement to obtain Ikaruga's spirit.
All of your attacks will be classified as either Light or Dark. Some tilts are Light, some are Dark. Some throws are Light, some are Dark. If you have a 3-hit jab combo, the third hit might be Light while the first two are Dark. And so on. Land 3 Lights or 3 Darks in a row to immediately increase your attack power each time! However, fail to complete a chain and you'll receive a reduction in attack power each time. Chaining is necessary for winning at higher intensity levels as there would be more difficult time limits and chain completion requirements as intensity increases. What do players get for winning at higher intensities? I don't know... :chuckle:

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Sans (Undertale Series)

Class:
Novice
Support
Disability: You start the battle at 300% with only one stock
Match: Defeat Giant Metal Invisible Bowser, Ridley, King Dedede, Ganondorf, King K. Rool, Bayonetta, and Mewtwo on The Great Cave Offensive. Each have 99 stocks.

(Note: this is just a joke. Don't get mad and have some fun :D)
I might make some actual spirits pretty soon, but for now, have a good laugh. :joyful:

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
DUSTER
(Mother 3)

Class: Advanced Primary Spirit, core type is Grab.
Ability: Greatly speeds up grab and allows for a longer grab/pummel duration
Spirit Challenge: Defeat Lucas (Blue/Duster color) on Suzaku Castle. He will walk very slowly and repeatedly use Rope Snake to grab at the player. His Final Smash meter will also fill very quickly.

When at max level, he will evolve into Lucky:

QUIET
(Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain)

Class: Ace Support Spirit
Ability: Fighter will start each battle with the "Staff" item.
Spirit Challenge: Defeat Zero Suit Samus (Orange/Zero Mission color) on Gerudo Valley. She will use the "Staff" item to snipe at the player, trying to stay as far away from them as possible. She'll also turn invisible at will.

FROGGER
(Frogger)

Class: Advanced Support Spirit
Ability: Reduces damage dealt by stage hazards by 50%.
Spirit Challenge: Defeat tiny Greninja (Green color) on Port Town Aero Dive. His movement speed is increased, and he'll be guarded by a Kapp'n assist trophy.

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Spyro series
Spyro
Class: Legend Primary Spirit
Core Type: Attack
Spirit Challenge: Defeat Ridley at Green Hill Zone. The enemy is tiny, but wears a Bunny Hood and has high knockback resistance. The enemy deals damage while dashing. Items are attracted to the enemy.

Sparx
Ability: Item Attraction (items that can be picked up will move closer to the player when they come near)
Spirit Challenge: Defeat Kirby (yellow skin) at Garden of Hope in a Stamina match with Rule: Low Gravity and Core Type: Shield. The enemy is equipped with a Rocket Belt and a Super Scope. The enemy will avoid the ground if possible. The Peckish Aristocrab appears frequently and can damage either fighter.
Speaking of hope, I have lost mine

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
I'll try some from some of my favorite games. :)

Wimpod (Pokemon)
Class: Novice Support Spirit
Spirit Challenge: Defeat a scaredy-Squirtle on Tortimer Island. Squirtle runs away from you, trying to stay as far away as possible, and dodging frequently.

Koopa Troopa (Super Mario Bros.)
Spirit Challenge: Defeat a horde of mini Bowsers on Mushroom Kingdom. Defeating one of the opponents drops a Green Shell.

Nat (Animal Crossing)
Spirit Challenge: Defeat a Villager on Town and City. Villager shows off his bug-catching skills by only using his net, but is easily distracted by the Beetle item.

Azura (Fire Emblem)
Class: Legend Primary Spirit
Spirit Challenge: Defeat Corrin on Temple. Tends to use his spear-like moves. Squid Sisters will occasionally appear for a brief concert.

Louie (Pikmin)
Class: Ace Primary Spirit
Spirit Challenge: Defeat Olimar and a bunch of mini Sonics on Distant Planet. Olimar sits ducking away from the fight while 6 mini Sonics zero in on you with their neutral special move.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sans (Undertale)

Sans2.png

:starman::starman::starman::starman: Legend class

Support Spirit: Reduces lag from dodging and air-dodging by an extreme amount.

Battle: Fight against blue-palette Ness whom prefers to dodge and use his ranged-specials. The fight will take place on Great Cave Offensive.

Creeper (Minecraft)

Creeper.png

:starman::starman::starman::starman: Legend class

Primary Spirit: Has an attack core. Becomes a Charged Creeper upon max level.

Battle: Battle against Mr. Game & Watch and Snake, both having their green color palettes and only using their explosive moves (Mr. Game & Watch has a bomb-drop air move in Ultimate). Pikachu will also be an opponent (with his green head-band), more-often using Thunder than his other moves as a reference to Charged Creepers. The fight will take place on either Final Destination, Mario Maker, Green Greens / Dream Land, or Unova Pokemon League I guess idk; it'd take place on a Minecraft stage, of course, if we get one from DLC.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1541912077733.png

Spider Mastermind (DOOM)

Class: Legend Primary Spirit, Attack Core.

Spirits Challenge: Defeat Ivysaur (Grey colors) in Norfair. Platforms are electrified and opponent starts with a Super Scope, which it will only use. Gun items will spawn occasionally.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Another go around for me!

Tails (Sonic)
Class: Ace Primary Spirit
Spirits Challenge: Defeat a Yellow Kirby on Green Hill Zone. Kirby has Super Leaf equipped and tends to stay airborne and fight in the air.

Turtonator (Pokemon)
Spirits Challenge: Defeat Bowser on Pokemon Stadium. Bowser is easily distracted by explosive items and only uses his fire breath attack.

Chip (Animal Crossing)
Spirits Challenge: Defeat Isabelle on Smashville. She uses her side special very frequently. The player can only use Poke Balls that contain Goldeen, Kyogre, Staryu, Inkay, and Pyukumuku to fight back.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
HAZE
XC2-Haze_Portrait.png

SUPPORT:starman::starman: ADVANCED
Ability: Autohealing
Match: Defeat Palutena on Gaur Plain. The stage has strong wind which shifts on and off. Palutena is defended by Reyn-alt Shulk and white-alt Meta Knight.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

Heavy and Bomb
Novice Support
Grants Bowser's "Tough Guy" to any character
Battle: Fight metal Sonic (not Metal Sonic, just Sonic who is metal) on Green Hill Zone, the only items are Bob-Ombs and Super Mushrooms, which Sonic is easily distracted by.

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173

343 Guilty Spark (Halo)
Ace Primary Attack
Challenge: Defeat 3 :ultrob: on Frigate Orpheon (with Stage Hazards off) with the Andross Assist Trophy shooting from the background (during the whole fight). The :ultrob: do not have to recharge their Robo Beams.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1542290187339.png

Spirit: General RAAM (Gears of War)
Spirit Type: Legend Support Spirit
Effect: Increased weight and knockback resistance when equipped with a melee item.
Challenge: Fight :ultganondorf: in Reset Bomb Forest in its Omega Form. Opponent is doubled in size, equipped with the Killing Edge. He also never engages run speed or jumps and prioritizes grabs over all else.

Mimic88

Smash Cadet
Iggy from Iggy's Wrecking Balls

Increases ledge grab distance for any character.

LoreAbidingCitizen

Smash Rookie
Great thread! Nothing too original from me, I just wanted to take a stab at it.

Spirit: Ruined Dragon (Mario Odyssey)
Type: Legendary Primary
Challenge: Fight a giant Ridley on FD Find Mii (or any stage with a ruin setting) and since fire terrain is a thing, maybe have partially electrified terrain?​

Spirit: Lady Bow (Paper Mario)
Type: Advanced Support
Challenge: Fight an invisible Mario on Luigi's mansion.

Spirit: Pauline (Mario Odyssey)
Type: Novice Support
Challenge: Fight Isabelle on 75 M (or New Donk City) with explosive barrels being the only item that spawns.​

Last edited:

LoreAbidingCitizen

Smash Rookie
One more round, sorry for the spam! Thought of some slightly more creative fights.

Spirit: The Drifter (Hyper Light Drifter)
Type: Ace Primary Attack
Challenge: Fight Marth on Battlefield in stamina mode. Enemy starts the battle with a Raygun. Knocking your opponent off the edge only causes them to lose a little HP and respawn immediately, like falling off ledges in the Drifter's home game.

Spirit: Slaking
Type: Ace Primary Attack
Challenge: Fight Donkey Kong on Pokemon Stadium. One stock battle. The enemy fights for fifteen seconds and then falls asleep for five. Increased attack power and auto-charged neutral special move.

Spirit: Mr. Dog (Snowboard Kids)
Challenge: Fight Duck Hunt on Icicle Mountain in a timed battle. Spawning items are limited to Freezies and Bob-Ombs only. The rate at which the stage begins its slide, and the following eventual rise, is sped up to the point that the water and stationary phases only last a few moments. After five laps the battle ends. The pace and continuous laps are meant to emulate a Snowboard Kids race.​

Spoon Man the Eleventh

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7290-9383-2429

Spirit: Keeby (Kirby)
Type: Novice Primary
Spirit Battle: Fight Yellow Kirby on Dream Land. He continually rolls.

Levels up into:

Keeby and Kirby

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

Spirit: Keeby (Kirby)
Increases roll speed
Spirit Battle: Fight Yellow Kirby on Dream Land. He continually rolls.

Levels up into:

Keeby and Kirby
So, basically, the enemy fights like a Smash 4 For Glory noob. And considering that dodging stales in Ultimate, this fight will be hilariously easy.

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Just Shapes and Beats series
The Shapes
_20181120_164940.JPG
Ability: Roll Speed Up
Spirit Challenge: Defeat Sonic, Pikachu, Toon Link and Kirby (orange skin) at Hanenbow, Battlefield Form. The enemy will not fight back. The enemy will use dodges to avoid attacks.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Hattori from Brawlhalla. It’s the woman in my avatar but in her purest form.

Type
- Ace Class Support Spirit
Skill
- Move Speed ↑↑

Battle
- Lucina (4th Costume).
- Attack type.
- The enemy has significantly increased movement speed.
- The enemy favors tilts and uncharged smash attacks.

Kingshadow3

Smash Cadet
Solaire of Astora (Dark Souls series)
Class: Legend Attack type Primary Spirit.
Skill: Special Moves [Up Arrow]
3 Slots

Summon requirements:
Solgaleo, Sun Salutation, King Knight, Any Attack Core

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If ya'll seen me ya'll know me as the guy who like Beat from Jet Set Radio and expected me to do a spirit of him...

Pots the dog!!
Class: Support (he's a dog, dogs support people)
Attribute: Attack up
Battle: You fight one Duck Hunt and One Inkling on a team. Both are blue to represent the color of Pots. On Moray towers (it's in the city like the games, and it's colorful like the games, can't think of anywhere else for him to be except for a Jet Set Radio stage if Beat was added as a DLC fighter, which I know is most likely imposible, but a man can still dream dangit!)

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Just for laughs...
1562203940127.png

Princess Elise
Series: Sonic The Hedgehog
Puppet Fighter: White :ultdaisy:
Battle Stage: Fountain Of Dreams
Battle Music: His World
Type: Neutral
Class: Novice
Power: 1
Slots: 0
Battle Description: The opponent is at 999.9% damage and moves slower than the player.

Advantages: None.

Disadvantages:
1. You start with 999.9% or 0.1 HP depending on what battle you're in.
2. You move like you're affected by the Timer or Shadow's Chaos Control for all of the battle.
3. All of your stats gets decreased dramatically. For example, even the strongest attacks won't make the opponent flinch.
4. The spirit's attack and defense powers stay at 1, no matter how much you've leveled up.
5. You have no slots to make up for the horrible disadvantages.

There, I just made what I think will remain the world's WEAKEST spirit in history.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Fighting Polygon Team
Super Smash Bros. series

The alloys got a spirit, so I don't see why the other teams shouldn't.

Properties:
Type: Primary (Defense)
Effect: Weight ↓

Fight:
  • Stage: Find Mii - BF Form
  • Music: Duel Zone
  • Opponents:
    • Metal :ultmario: x3 (Main fighter)
    • Metal :ultdk: x3
    • Metal :ultlink: x3
    • Metal :ultsamus: x3
    • Metal :ultyoshi: x3
    • Metal :ultkirby: x3
    • Metal :ultfox: x3
    • Metal :ultpikachu: x3
    • Metal :ultluigi: x1
    • Metal :ultfalcon: x2
    • Metal :ultness: x2
    • Metal :ultjigglypuff: x1
    • (30 opponents total)
  • Conditions:
    • Defeat an army of fighters
    • The enemy is metal
    • The enemy is easy to launch
    • The enemy favors standard attacks
Description/explanation:
A rough recreation of the original fight in Super Smash Bros.

MissingNo.
Pokémon series

(This isn't fan art, by the way. It's official, drawn by Tokiya Sakuba, one of the artists for the Trading Card Game.)

Properties:
Type: Support
Effect: Ramblin' Mad Mushroom Equipped

Fight:
  • Stage: Tortimer's Island
  • Music: Pokémon Red / Blue Medley
  • Opponents:
    • :ultgnw: - White costume (Main fighter)
    • :ultkirby: - Dark costume
    • :ultridley: - Gray Meta costume
    • :ultpit: - Gold costume
  • Conditions:
    • Only certain pokémon appear from Poké Balls (Ditto)
    • The screen will flip after a while
    • Controls will occasionally reverse
Description/explanation:
The glitch it appears from exploits an improperly-programmed group of tiles very close to Cinnabar Island.
It takes four different forms depending on the trainer's name; a scrambled, pixellated "l" shape which will always appear (the main fighter), a ghost from Lavender Tower (the Kirby), an Aerodactyl Skeleton (the Ridley), and a Kabutops skeleton (the Pit).
The glitch has minimal effects as a whole, but after encountering it, many of the game's visuals will scramble and distort (the flip effects) until next time you start the game up.

The support effect is because that item distorts things for the opponent.

Chocobo
Final Fantasy Series

Properties:
Type: Primary (Throw)
Effect: Enhanceable to Gold Chocobo (Undamaged Attack & Speed)

Fight:
  • Stage: Mario Circuit - Ω
  • Music: Wii Play - Charge!
  • Opponents:
    • Gold :ultfalco: (Main fighter)
    • :ultcloud: :ultmarth::ultlink::ultroy::ultcorrin::ultsimon::ultmetaknight:(Will appear simultaneously after Falco is defeated)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy is golden
    • Reinforcements will appear after the enemy is KO'd
    • Defeat an army of fighters
Description/explanation:
FF7's Chocobo breeding and racing side activities, if completed, can ultimately end up in a Gold Chocobo. Knights of the Round, the last and most powerful summon in the game, can only be obtained with its help.

Ms. Pac-Man
Pac-Man series

Properties:
Type: Primary (Attack)
Effect: Stats After Eating ↑

Fight:
  • Stage: Super Mario Maker - Normal
  • Music: Pac-Man Club Mix
  • Items: Food only
  • Opponents:
    • :ultjigglypuff: - Ribbon costume
  • Conditions:
    • Hostile assist trophies will appear (Ghosts)
    • The opponent is stronger after eating
    • The opponent is invincible for a little while after eating
Description/explanation:
Ms. Pac-Man is often considered to be a better game than the original Pac-Man because of its larger variety of maze layouts and smarter enemy AI.

Geolitian
Meteos series

One of Sakurai's less-famous projects.

Properties:
Type: Support
Effect: Toss & Meteor

Fight:
  • Stage: Green Greens
  • Music: Roll Out, Wonderful 100!
  • Items: X-Bomb and Drill
  • Opponents:
    • :ultgnw: - Cyan costume x3
  • Conditions:
    • Take your strongest team into this no-frills battle!
Description/explanation:
Meteos is a falling block puzzle game where the goal is to send said falling blocks back out of the atmosphere, and Geolyte/Geolitia, an Earth-like world, was the all-around-balanced planet you started out with. The X-Bomb and Drill both actually come from this game, but Sakurai can't legally admit that because he doesn't hold the rights to it anymore.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
G.U.N Truck
GUN.png
Series:
Sonic the Hedgehog

Spirit Class:
:starman::starman::starman::starman: (Legend)

Spirit Type:
Support

Effect:
Undamaged Attack and Fast Speed

Challenge:
You must avoid a Giant R.O.B with a Super Star that has very fast unstoppable speed and reflects anything on the Battlefield version of New Donk City in a timed battle and favours Dash Attacks, if you make contact with said character, your fighter gets blasted far away.
The music is Mad Convoy Race from Sonic Generations.

Description/Explanations:
The giant R.O.B with the unstoppable speed, Franklin Badge and a Super Star represents the G.U.N Truck you had to get away from and were chased through the City Escape level in Adventure/Generations. (Not much about it.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom