• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be counting the votes for stages in less than 12 hours. I will be announcing our next Jobs on a few hours. I would like to us to wrap up our E3 Phase soon so apologize if this will be a blitz of jobs but it may become hectic so please bear with the thread.

Job #39: Please submit a Crash Bandicoot series Assist Trophy, Mii Costume, or Item

As always, please provide how the Assist Trophy or Item would act in Smash. This includes its functions and attacks. Feel free to also talk about the importance/significance of the Assist/item. As for the Mii Costume, please explain what Mii Fighter class it is, why this character deserves to be a Mii Costume, and any sort of unique traits it might have. Feel free to include them in one post.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 39: Mii Costume
Crosh.jpg

Crash Outfit (Brawler)

Hailing from the classic commercials is none other than the famous Crash Bandicoot outfit, this fits pretty well for the Mii Brawler due to said outfit having arms to legs to punch or kick.

If you're fighting Mario while wearing this, the outfit says this line:
"Hey plumber boy, moustache man, your worst nightmare has arrived!"
(Would be pretty funny.)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Spirit submissions are currently closed

While I love them, I would like us to focus on wrapping up our E3 content so we can move on. We just started the Crash Assist Trophy, Mii Costume, and Item job but we will be starting two more:

In this job, we will be redesigning Ganondorf, Young Link, Samus and Donkey Kong. Unlike Mario, we actually have criteria and prompts we need to follow. In order to do so but without making the thread even more chaotic - I transferred it over to a doc. I included my own submissions for Ganondorf and Samus. All the info is in the doc but to summarize:

:ultganondorf: (Give him a new gimmick along with replacing his Up and Down Specials; one of these must tie into his gimmick somehow)
:ultyounglink: (entire overhaul - now uses Down Special to change between Koriki, Deku Link, Goron Link, and Zora Link. Gains new specials for each form plus an entirely new Final Smash.)
:ultsamus: (Update her specials to reflect Metroid Prime and Samus Returns.)
:ultdk: (Gains a new Down and Side Smash)

Please use the doc in the formats I provided. We will then vote, using Google Forms again, to decide which moves to use.

Job #41: Submit an Animal Crossing: New Horizons stage

This wasn’t originally in my plan but I felt that fans would be expecting a stage from this game considering its popularity and success. Please submit a stage based on a location from New Horizons. Please include how the stage would look, it’s overall design, any hazards or stage properties, and cameos that would appear.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Crash Bandicoot item: Cow

Picking up this bovine will weight just about anyone down which results in slower movements, inability to jump or attack, and decreased launch resistance. Throwing it though will cause immense danage to anyone it collided with. It also has the notable strength of passing through solid platforms and stage bases.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
personally, I get what you're going for, but I feel like the doc is a little too restrictive

Job 41:

Horizon Island

in this stage, the main platform is a Dodo Airlines plane

there are also two smaller platforms floating higher than it on either side

but the stage itself isn't the interesting part, rather, the background is, as the plane flies through a full AC:NH island, complete with cameos from various villagers.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
personally, I get what you're going for, but I feel like the doc is a little too restrictive
I thought so as well but still wanted to try to see how well it does. We didn’t go the restrictive way with Mario. If people would rather take time to vote on which moves we choose to replace, we can go the route next time.

That being said, regardless, I probably would have us still keep at least Ganondorf’s Warlock Punch, Donkey’s Giant Punch, and Samus’s arsenal.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
CRASH BANDICOOT
Assist Trophy
ripper-roo-crash-mania-ripper-roo-png-691_883-removebg.png

Ripper Roo

His overall behavior will be a lot similar to his boss fight in the original Crash 2: Cortex Strikes Back (of course minus the top hat, moustache and glasses). Here, when Roo is summoned he will immediately short hop around the stage stomping enemies and occasionally footstoling them, even off stage and have slight chances to bury them, tho usually happened when they're at high damage. However, when you see him leap forward that's when he will replace the tile with TNT/Nitro. And of course, considering that this TNT is from Crash Bandicoot it will immediately exploded once you touch it physically, the latter of which is even bigger and deadlier, but it'll boost you up if you tried to jump on it which saves you from getting hit by the impact.​

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Voting for OToad64 for battlefield and Minecraft Biomes (I would like to fight the Ender Dragon in Smash) and Mamboo07 for Final Destination

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Job #39: Dr. Neo Cortex
Cortex.png
Cortex floats on his hoverboard and shoots his ray gun, mimicking the final battle of the first game. Cortex uses three different types of shots:
  • Purple shots which go straight for their target (8%, OK knockback)
  • Green shots which function identically to purple, but they can be reflected back at Cortex; they are the only shots that can be reflected.
  • Blue shots which zig-zag across the stage and can hit opponents multiple times (5% each hit, small knockback)
Cortex takes five hits to K.O., but he moves around a lot.

Last edited:

The Fantasy Smasher

Smash Cadet
Job 41: Mystery Island

Picture this as a combo of Minecraft World and Tortimer Island. Basically its a randomized island stage based off the various mystery island you find through nook tickets in New Horizons. They are all similar sized island surrounded by water. There are five distinct layouts you can get.

Normal Island: A simple island. The only gimmicks would be a small stream in the middle that you can swim in, and two platforms on both sides of the stage.

Mountain Island: Basically, this island would have multiple levels to traverse, similar to Moray Towers. There would be a large three tier mountain center stage. There would be no platforms

Bamboo Island: This island would be filled with Bamboo (shocker, I know). The bamboo would be sturdier then the average tree and will take longer to destroy. You can knock opponents into the bamboo. By destroying all of the bamboo, three small platforms will arrive onto the stage.

Fruit Island: An island filled with trees with fruit on them. The fruit can be used to restore health or used to attack opponents. Two Platforms would appear over time.

Tarantula Island: A flat island with one large platform in the middle, with one big catch. Tarantulas will appear on the stage randomly and will attack the fighters. When bitten, the fighters will be stunned briefly leaving them wide open to attacks.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Nook Inc. Getaway
This stage has a layout that is smaller than Town and City, but larger than Smashville, where you are floating on a wooden platform overlooking an island. It has two moving platforms that work on intervals like T&C, and floats in midair like those stages. On the platform itself (but in the background of said platform) you can see several pieces of outdoor furniture from ACNH, benches and whatnot. Several characters will also make cameos here, such as the ever-popular Raymond, Hazel, Phoebe, Fiona, Billy, among mainstays like Resetti, Isabelle, and Timmy and Tom.
In the background, you can see a very decorative island that may have small changes from time to time. HOWEVER, if you yourself have an Animal Crossing: New Horizons save file on your Nintendo Switch, your island will be in the background! Online though, it will go back to the default one.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Both Battlefield/Final Destination: Venus
Minecraft Biomes: PeridotGX

Also, just to note since Spirits submissions are temporarily halted. The Google Sheets Spirit List has been updated and includes 1756 Spirits in total. Well done, everyone. If you have any remarks about it, or if I missed anything, feel free to let me know (on the Discord server preferably).

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We had a lot of votes split down the sides but we finally have our winners!

Battlefield
@Otoad64 1
@Wario Wario Wario 2

Final Destination
@cashregister9 1
@Mamboo07 1

Both Battlefield/Final Destination
@AlphaSSB 2
@Venus of the Desert Bloom 3

Minecraft Biomes
@Otoad64 2
@Venus of the Desert Bloom 1
@PeridotGX 5

Thank you to everyone who made some great stages! I wish we could of done them all! The winner for Battlefield and Final Destination is Venus and the winner for additional Minecraft World Biomes is Peridot.

Don’t forget to submit a Crash Bandicoot Assist Trophy, Item, or Mii Costume! Submissions ends in 12 hours.

We are also submitting a New Horizons stage! Submissions ends in 12 hours.

Finally, we are submitting changes for Veteravs here in this doc. Please consider contributing. Submissions ends in 24 hours.

The Fantasy Smasher

Smash Cadet
Somewhat disappointed about Ganondorf only getting minor changes (especially considering Young Link's getting three new movesets). I actually had a whole moveset lined up, designed to look completely different but still play similarly.
I agree with this. I had many changes I planned on proposing for DK, so I was disappointed to see that that we were one allowed to change two moves. Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom in the future could we change vets as much as we want in our moveset submissions? I understand wanting to limit things to an extent, but I feel like it stifles creativity and potential.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Somewhat disappointed about Ganondorf only getting minor changes (especially considering Young Link's getting three new movesets). I actually had a whole moveset lined up, designed to look completely different but still play similarly.
This actually came about talking to Ganondorf mains who would be infuriated if he was changed too much. Especially the Warlock Punch. I took those opinions into account. The Young Link mains were for accepting of a character change. Samus and Donkey mains refused any changes and said it was borderline insane to suggest changes so...I went with a more neutral option.

I guess the question I should ask is:

Do we actually need to change the characters entirely?

Wouldn’t it suffice to change a few moves to make them feel refreshed but true to their origins in Smash?

I’m always open to opinions so if people want to go full on and change up these four character movesets, we can do that. I just don’t think they will accepted well within the meta of this project (the theoretical audience)

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
This actually came about talking to Ganondorf mains who would be infuriated if he was changed too much. Especially the Warlock Punch. I took those opinions into account. The Young Link mains were for accepting of a character change. Samus and Donkey mains refused any changes and said it was borderline insane to suggest changes so...I went with a more neutral option.

Wouldn’t it suffice to change a few moves to make them few refreshed but true to their origins in Smash?
I think we can keep some old moves, but from what I've seen, there's a lot of people who are dissatisfied with Ganondorf and Samus' normals. The former feels more like a Smash original character, and the later feels quite outdated next to more modern zoners, like Mega Man. Don't know enough about DK to say, but I feel that Ganondorf and Samus should be allowed to have some major changes.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I took what was said into consideration and decided to allow people to change as much as they want about the character. Specials, normals, stats, final smashes, even taunts and victory animations. I think we might try this for the entire roster but not sure. I suppose like you could even allow Samus access to Fusion Suit Samus or let Ganondorf change to Demise or something. If you want to go the more restricted route that’s more inline with what I had prepared earlier - you can do that but perhaps people might not vote for it.

I pulled out my submissions though so feel free to fill in the #1 place. I won’t be submitting this time around.

I don’t have time to reformat everything or add descriptions.

Otoad64 Otoad64 and The Fantasy Smasher The Fantasy Smasher , you might want to change your movesets to reflect this.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team

Wouldn’t it suffice to change a few moves to make them feel refreshed but true to their origins in Smash?
I feel it's kind of weird to say "This semi-clone character should have two moves changed, but this also semi-clone character (who's semi-clone actually makes sense) deserves three new movesets." So let's just get that out of the way, I don't think Young Link should be changed in this way.
Ganondorf makes more sense for a moveset overhaul seeing as he was a rushed Melee character who, despite being the main villain of an ever-popular adventure series, was a clone of a character who would be forgotten today if it wasn't for Smash.
Over time, he's become more distinct-being slower yet more powerful, having more distinct moves, and of course, he got a sword, which fits him much better despite not being a mainstay of his character. I say he should remain a close range brawler with devestating moves that have semi-slow startup, but he should do a better job at being his own character. I don't think Young Link has this problem as much since he's a semi-clone of Link. That makes sense. Ganondorf doesn't.
I don't think we should change a character entirely. But only allowing two moves for one character and three movesets for another (even if it's just Specials) is...odd, to say the least. We should provide enough changes to where each character feels like their own character.
So, how about this-we open up each character for everyone to have their own section in the Doc, where they detail how they want a character changed, from normals to aerials to specials. Then we vote here on Smashboards or in a Google Form. Not unlike how we did movesets for Waluigi, Bandana Dee, etc. I feel this would allow the most perspectives on one subject and allow everyone to express their creativity.
(Keep in mind I'm not someone who really wants Ganondorf decloned, but I understand the desire for him to be, being the huge Luigi fan I am).

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
I feel like it'd be best to put our moveset concepts in this thread. the way we do for the new characters. Although I suppose it depends how many characters we would want to do this with. It could get crowded...

I don't know, I just think one Google Doc has very little separation between different submissions, which makes it a lot harder to read (and link to) than separate posts in this thread.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Job 41: Dodo Airlines

The stage is larger than it is in New Horizons, being around the same size of the other Animal Crossing stages.
The stage is made up of four different platforms. The biggest platform is the main dock area, where players could enter the airport in New Horizons. The airport's roof is the second platform, allowing for characters to fight on the top of it. The third and fourth platforms are the seaplane and the dock underneath it. When the match starts, the seaplane is docked, and fighters are able to stand on in. However, at some point, the seaplane will take off, allowing fighters access to the dock underneath it. When the seaplane returns, any fighter that is on the dock below will be pushed off. Much like Tortimer Island, the fighers will be able to swim before drowning.
On the background of the main platform, various NPCs and Villagers from Animal Crossing will be watching the battle. I would like to focus more so on villagers and NPCs who were introduced in New Leaf and New Horizons personally. And much like Smashville or Town and City, the stage will be affected based on the time of day and time of year. For example, several villagers would be watching K K Slider perform on Saturday nights, or Daisy Mae would be one of the characters watching the battle on Sunday mornings.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I feel like it'd be best to put our moveset concepts in this thread. the way we do for the new characters. Although I suppose it depends how many characters we would want to do this with. It could get crowded...

I don't know, I just think one Google Doc has very little separation between different submissions, which makes it a lot harder to read (and link to) than separate posts in this thread.
The Google Docs was incorporated to funnel activity related to this Job so we can focus on two Jobs here. Basically, to avoid making this thread too hectic I’m trying to push us a little faster towards wrapping up E3. I wanted to have it finish by last week -_-;; as for voting, we will be using Google Forms like how we did with alt costumes. As for linking posts, you can always copy the text and include it in Quote brackets and writing who wrote it. It’s troublesome but that’s a workaround for it.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Okay, I put my Ganondorf suggestion in the doc. Right now, I'm trying to make it a bit more navigable.
I wouldn’t worry about that. I have an idea on how to handle this so it’s easy to navigate and vote appropriately.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
JOB 41

Stage Name: NEW HORIZONS

It starts on a layout similar to Pilotwings and you are on the wings of a Plane you are soaring through the clouds and then the plane abandons you and you fall onto the main stage.

(This would be the default layout if hazards are disabled)

The main gimmick would derive itself from New Horizons itself, If the game detects an Island on your Switch the background will change itself to be that Island and you can see your villagers that you have on your island walking around in the far back (NOT on the main platform.) If no Island is detected a premade island will be there instead with random villagers.

With items on there is one additional Gimmick and that is Presents, Occasionally presents will float by and destroying them will yield you an item.

The Cameos on the main platform
-Flik
-CJ
-Daisy Mae
-Orville & Wilbur
-Able Sisters
-Tom Nook
-Redd
-Blathers
-Celeste

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Oh, hey, one more question: we're changing Samus, but what about Dark Samus? Is she receiving the same changes we make to Samus? Is she remaining the same and therefore becoming more different from Samus, who is changing? Are we changing them both to differentiate them? What's the situation on that?
She and any Echoes will be dealt with if we alter their base fighter. Dark Samus will be adopting the new Samus moveset. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be Echoes and just Newcomers. That being said, we will be focusing on giving most of not all Echoes an unique Final Smash.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Job #39: Item: Aku Aku
1612228794311.png

Aku Aku works like a combination of the back shield, Superstar, and Daybreak/Dragoon. When Aku Aku spawns, fighters can pick up the mask and it will begin to circle around the fighter. Up to three Aku Aku masks can be collected at once. When three Aku Aku masks are collected, Aku Aku will be worn like a mask, and the Fighter will gain invincibility for a brief period of time. When the fighter has less than three masks, the fighter can absorb around ~15% damage before the masks will disappear. The fighter takes no damage if the masks are lost, but the fighter will lose the chance to gain incivility until the Aku Aku item spawns again. Once the first Aku Aku mask spawns in the other two will spawn in relatively soon, similar to the daybreak and dragoon items. This spawn period ends as soon as the masks are lost, or the invincibility period ends.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Oh, hey, one more question: we're changing Samus, but what about Dark Samus? Is she receiving the same changes we make to Samus? Is she remaining the same and therefore becoming more different from Samus, who is changing? Are we changing them both to differentiate them? What's the situation on that?
can we just... leave dark samus the same so samus mains still have their character and not a newcomer with the same face?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Dark Samus, and any other Echo fighter, will either stay the same based on their original design or change with their original fighter. We won’t be making Echo fighters unique because then they cease to make Echo Fighters Echo Fighters.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Vote for Crash Bandicoot Related Content

Please vote for the best Assist Trophy! By default, Crash Bandicoot Mii costume will be featured on the game. One vote for both categories and please don’t vote for your own

Mii Costume

Crash Bandicoot Mii Costume Mamboo07 Mamboo07

Assist Trophy

Pinstripe Pataroo
Otoad64 Otoad64
Ripper Roo Commander_Alph Commander_Alph
Dr Neo Cortex Perkilator Perkilator

Item

Cow
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Aku Aku Krookodilian Krookodilian

Vote for an Animal Crossing New Horizons stage

Please vote for your top 2 favorite Animal Crossing stages. In a twist, please avoid voting for your own stage.

Horizon Island Otoad64 Otoad64
Mystery Island The Fantasy Smasher The Fantasy Smasher
Noon Inc., Getaway @Janx_uwu
Dodo Airlines SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
New Horizons @cashregister9

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom