• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy Hand v1.31 - Character editing program

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Some .dat info I found in PlMr.dat

0x25c8 - mario jump sound ID
0x3a44 - fireball Y velocity to add per frame, when negative

when = 0

Last edited:
I can't open it. When I do, it says something along the lines of "You do not have the permissions to open this file". I've tried a lot of stuff, but I just can't get jar files to open.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
0x31 of character .dat is shield bone ID.

Edit:
Dont' change this, seems to control more than shield bone ID

Last edited:

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
I also had another question- is it possible to slow down animations with Frame Speed Modifier? So far i've only been able to speed up or pause an animation. Thanks!

The Cape

Smash Master
I also had another question- is it possible to slow down animations with Frame Speed Modifier? So far i've only been able to speed up or pause an animation. Thanks!
Pause an animation? Yeah, you can slow things down by putting in decimal amounts. Like 0.5x would be half speed, etc.

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Pause an animation? Yeah, you can slow things down by putting in decimal amounts. Like 0.5x would be half speed, etc.
Do I input "0.5x" or just "0.5"

I think I tried something in the past but it didn't work.

Oh, you can pause an animation on a certain frame by just using 0. Not really useful kind of just a funny gimmick (I did this to give MWireframe an idle pose that made him just punch straight forward from his unused multi punch loop lol)

Capt. Tin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Capt.Tin
Does anyone know why Falcon and Ganon's forward smashes have so much data in them? There's 4 different hitbox subactions and a ton of other seemingly random subactions in it.

The Cape

Smash Master
Does anyone know why Falcon and Ganon's forward smashes have so much data in them? There's 4 different hitbox subactions and a ton of other seemingly random subactions in it.
I think I remember seeing this when I looked in to Ganon's. If I recall, the directional (or other moves) is read as being in there by Crazy Hand. Check the location bytes 0x**** and see what matches up

gadzook

Smash Rookie
is the "restore this character to v1.02 defaults" button going to include move logic at any point?

Last edited:

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
is the "restore this character to v1.02 defaults" button going to include move logic at any point?

If you're using crazy hand 1.31 which is the latest version, that little box with the asterisk in it next to the move name will return it to its defaults.

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
I know. just wondering if there was a plan to add that to the aforementioned feature
i dont understand. The feature i am describing does exactly the same thing, which is returning it to its default setting. the button just looks like an asterisk "*". hover over it and you should see the description.

gadzook

Smash Rookie
Uhhhhhh. because it's easier to click one button to do what it says (resetting characters to default) than making sure you have all the move logic tables default manually? what if you're editing many at once?

ducksworththe4th

Smash Rookie
I made a runCrazyHand.bat and renamed the Crazy Hand file to CrazyHand.jar and when I runned it and selected the Melee ISO it gave me this message in the Command Prompt:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Dolphin\ROMS\Super Smash Bros. Melee <USA> <En,Ja> <v1.02>.iso <Access is denied>
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open0<Native Method>
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open<Unknown Source>
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init><Unknown Source>
at isotool.filesystem.ISO.<init><ISO.java:40>
at com.FileIO.loadISOFile<FileIO.java:132>
at com.MeleeEdit.main<MeleeEdit.java:1169>
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.FileIO.init<FileIO.java:51>
at com.FileIO.init<FileIO.java:66>
at com.MeleeEdit.main<MeleeEdit.java:1169>

After I close it nothing else happens
You need to set permission for the iso file
Windows 7 method:
1. enter the iso properties
2. Uncheck "read only" box and click "unblock" if present
3. "security" tab. highlight user name, hit "edit", highlight user name, hit "full control", "apply" & "ok"
4."security" tab. "advanced". "owner tab" change "current owner", "edit" "change owner to" your user name. "apply and ok"
5. "effective permissions tab". "select" under "enter the object name to select" cpy and paste your exact user name or go to "advanced" hit "find now" find your user name, highlight and "ok". "ok" to exit. and hit "apply" if present the "ok" till exit.

Middle Mang

Smash Cadet
Swear I saw something on this before, but is there a way of changing a model's size for just the duration of the move? Like Roy's sword during up smash or something.

Last edited:

Dodoshian

Smash Rookie
My first change since I didn't guess the Roy issue was changing C. Falcon's side-B to a multihitting electric move instead. I really like how it feels to use.
Hmm...Now you've got me curious. I know it is over a year later, but do you remember how you made Captain Falcon's side B not stop when you hit an opponent? Did you do something with move logic so that he doesn't do the second (uppercut) part, and then add the multihitting part to the first (diving) part of the move?

Last edited:

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
I'm having an issue. I've saved my characters as files to transfer them from a 20xx iso to a Melee 1.02 and have noticed that despite loading and saving the character into the Iso, nothing seems to happen. The tables in Crazy Hand don't change or anything! but i didn't reset them before saving! My FSMS seem to work though, but thats it. Is there anything that can be done, or am i going to have to adjust everything back to how it was manually?

I'm using Low poly models in place of their regular ones (theres a post about it somewhere) and some of them dont switch to those either despite being saved as those.

The only thing i havent tried is going back, and saving them again to be sure, so i'll do that soon.

Colby Turner

Smash Rookie
Hey When I open up Crazy Hand and select my melee iso file it just gives me a options.cfg file on my desktop/ What's going wrong?

Colby Turner

Smash Rookie
I'll need a little bit more information than that to help :p

-Are you sure you have the latest version of Java installed?
-How are you launching Crazy Hand?
-Has Crazy Hand worked for you on this computer in the past?
-What OS are you using?

If you are using windows, please follow these steps:

1. Open notepad and paste this text:
java -jar CrazyHand.jar -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
pause

2. Hit save, then under "File Name" write runCrazyHand.bat
3. Under "Save as type" select All Files
4. Save the file in your Crazy Hand folder
5. Rename "Crazy Hand v1.31" to "CrazyHand"
6. Double-click on runCrazyHand.bat to run Crazy Hand
7. A black window (command prompt) should pop up; take a screenshot of what it says once Crazy Hand stops working and post it here.
yeah i have been getting the same problem here are some screenshots
https://gyazo.com/5c3e79f2f825d8c6f4d36a073009a1dc
https://gyazo.com/b096a05ad8a878f61b9dbd2811839b4a

SyncSteam

Smash Rookie
Hi, I’m new to smash bros modding and I have a few questions.
1) how do I make dr Mario’s pill move heal and inflict sleep? So far it can only inflict sleep.
2) what stats should I change to make it easy to wave dash?
3) what’s the best was to learn how to properly mod? My only experience with modding GameCube games was yesterday when I took 2 hours extending ice climbers grab range to troll my brother.

Last edited:

Capt. Tin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Capt.Tin
There isn't really a stat you can change to make wavedashing easier. Lowering traction gets you farther wavedashes and decreasing jumpsquat can let you wavedash earlier. It really depends on the character though. Fox and Samus both have frame 3 jumpsquats but Samus has an easier wavedash because of her large size and slower fall speed.

SyncSteam

Smash Rookie
There isn't really a stat you can change to make wavedashing easier. Lowering traction gets you farther wavedashes and decreasing jumpsquat can let you wavedash earlier. It really depends on the character though. Fox and Samus both have frame 3 jumpsquats but Samus has an easier wavedash because of her large size and slower fall speed.
Ok, thank you!

Middle Mang

Smash Cadet
Is there any way to add a reset move button? Sometimes things explode but I don't want to re-do all the other moves, so a per-move reset to default would be great.

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way to add a reset move button? Sometimes things explode but I don't want to re-do all the other moves, so a per-move reset to default would be great.

this. this is a good idea.

they have a move for resetting move logic though which is nice.
i guess one good thing about NOT having a reset button is making me responsible-ALWAYS having a copy of my stuff in case things go wrong

Lamdin

Smash Rookie
NNID
quinsir1
So, everything is nice and dandy and I love this application so much. Except, whenever I go to load up a .dat file via the "Load Character" option, nothing actually loads. Is there a reason for this? I'm probably missing something. Help would be appreciated!

Hey, sorry if this has been discussed already, but is there any way to remove the rebound on an attack (y'know, like Jigglypuff's dash attack in SSB4)

CaseyJasey

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1221-2204-3643
I have a problem' when ever i try to open crazy hand up I try to find a way to open it and it i never find one do you have a solution?

i have no clue if anyone has experience this before if you want to help my discord user name is CaseyJasey#4290

Last edited by a moderator:

Middle Mang

Smash Cadet
From what I have been told, there is no way to make normal moves have velocity right? I've noticed that adding dash attack animations to Jabs, seems to carry the velocity, and some specific animations put on the dash attack move carry forward momentum. So is there some kind of data inside the animation, or the dash attack move that does this? Also is there any way to replicated that data for the purpose of adding velocity to other moves?

Top Bottom