• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy Hand v1.31 - Character editing program

SKF

Smash Rookie
When I open crazy hand it will open a file browser, I select the iso and then nothing happen.

Last edited:

The Cape

Smash Master
So another thought I had. It might be possible to code a pseudo rapid jab finisher like in Smash 4. Likely something like a half speed F tilt with more base KB and not much growth?

RIku434

Smash Cadet
NNID
looper1
I tried opening Crazy Hand and selecting the Melee iso but nothing happens. I tried opening Crazy Hand by doing Open With -> Java(TM) Platform SE Binary but the same thing happens.

I have the latest version of Java installed so I don't know what the problem is.

michaelboss

Smash Rookie
I'll need a little bit more information than that to help :p

-Are you sure you have the latest version of Java installed?
-How are you launching Crazy Hand?
-Has Crazy Hand worked for you on this computer in the past?
-What OS are you using?

If you are using windows, please follow these steps:

1. Open notepad and paste this text:
java -jar CrazyHand.jar -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
pause

2. Hit save, then under "File Name" write runCrazyHand.bat
3. Under "Save as type" select All Files
4. Save the file in your Crazy Hand folder
5. Rename "Crazy Hand v1.31" to "CrazyHand"
6. Double-click on runCrazyHand.bat to run Crazy Hand
7. A black window (command prompt) should pop up; take a screenshot of what it says once Crazy Hand stops working and post it here.

It's based in Java
and that means what, what do I have to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

RIku434

Smash Cadet
NNID
looper1
I made a runCrazyHand.bat and renamed the Crazy Hand file to CrazyHand.jar and when I runned it and selected the Melee ISO it gave me this message in the Command Prompt:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Dolphin\ROMS\Super Smash Bros. Melee <USA> <En,Ja> <v1.02>.iso <Access is denied>
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open0<Native Method>
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open<Unknown Source>
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init><Unknown Source>
at isotool.filesystem.ISO.<init><ISO.java:40>
at com.FileIO.loadISOFile<FileIO.java:132>
at com.MeleeEdit.main<MeleeEdit.java:1169>
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.FileIO.init<FileIO.java:51>
at com.FileIO.init<FileIO.java:66>
at com.MeleeEdit.main<MeleeEdit.java:1169>

After I close it nothing else happens

Last edited:

Phuckyew

Smash Cadet
I posted a thread about this and realized my question is more relevant here. I'm new to the modding community and after seeing Scrumpy mod flaco's shine onto marth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX1AAwWqPfQ , I've decided to create the ultimate pokemon; and I'm failing. I can get the hitbox to come out in place of thunder, but he remains stuck in a shaking animation. I can't jump out of it until I get hit. I've tried using Crazy Hand and modifying the dat file but nothing I do seems to fix this. Any advice on how to accomplish my s tier rat?

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Not sure if this is known but,

The highlighted byte makes Doc's (and Mario's I'd assume) reflect hitbox come out. If this byte was 00, no reflect hitbox would come out.

Note that you cant give anyone a reflect hitbox by doing this, Doc's side B function checks for this byte every frame of his Side-B and branches to the "setupReflector" function when its equal to 1.

Alternatively, the 4D 00 00 00 makes the hitbox disappear.

*Edit

Looks like Mewtwo functions the same way.

Last edited:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Code:
$Remove Hard Coded Link Grab Timer [UnclePunch]
042a7718 60000000
Link and Young Link have a hardcoded timer in addition to the one in their subaction. In vMelee, the hardcoded hitbox disable and the subaction hitbox disable are executed on the same frame. If you've tried to move the timer so it removes the hitbox later, you may have noticed it still disappeared one the same frame. With this code, the subaction timer actually controls the hitbox.

Last edited:

RIku434

Smash Cadet
NNID
looper1
Is it possible that Crazy Hand only accepts specific Melee ISOs? Because it doesn't seem to let me edit the Melee ISO I have.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Code:
$Character Jump Count Works [UnclePunch]
040cbbf0 60000000
The "number of jumps" character attribute should be respected with this code. No more infinite jumps when set higher than 1.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
This code might help you guys out when you're testing out moveset changes:

Code:
$Boot to In Game v2 [UnclePunch]
041a45c0 3860000E
C21B1428 00000002
3880000A 39C00002
99DC0063 00000000
C21B1430 00000002
3800000A 39C00002
99DC0087 00000000
0416e7f4 38600020
Code Parameters:
Code:
C21B1428 00000002
388000XX 39C000YY
99DC0063 00000000
#XX = P1 Character / YY = P1 Color

C21B1430 00000002
380000XX 39C000YY
99DC0087 00000000
#XX = P2 Character / YY = P2 Color

0416e7f4 386000XX #XX = Stage ID

Last edited:

SpooknChed

Smash Rookie
So im was testing out recoveries and how i could make them longer and go higher how do i make a charcter such as (Captian FAlcon) go higher and farther

Hey Scrump, (great videos btw)
I have been having some trouble with master hand, do you know any websites or tutorials online where i could find this thanks, because i have loads of questions and one of them is how to i make a characters move spike and how do i make a recovery higher. I use crazy hand v1.31

Also if you are ok can you start a conversation with me thta would be really helpfull thanks

7VEN_

Smash Rookie
There is no .jar file in the download. I have reinstalled java yesterday. Do you know why this is happening?
Nevermind

Last edited:

AnsumSora

Smash Rookie
I have java and I'm using it to open Crazy hand but when I open it Crazy Hand closes immediately. How do I fix this?

Last edited:

RIku434

Smash Cadet
NNID
looper1
I still need help and my previous question hasn't been answered. Does Crazy Hand only allow certain Melee ISOs? If so what Melee ISOs does it allow? Because Crazy Hand seems to reject my ISO.

Capt. Tin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Capt.Tin
Is there a way to edit Sheik's Vanish Hitbox or Link's late down air? The program doesn't give me the option to edit the hitboxes of either.

The Cape

Smash Master
Is there a way to edit Sheik's Vanish Hitbox or Link's late down air? The program doesn't give me the option to edit the hitboxes of either.
Which Shiek Vanish? Disappear or appear? I think Link's Dair reappearance is just a repeat of the earlier hitbox

Capt. Tin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Capt.Tin
Which Shiek Vanish? Disappear or appear? I think Link's Dair reappearance is just a repeat of the earlier hitbox
Both for Vanish.

Also I still can't find that hitbox for Link's Dair. It's supposed to do 19% late and there isn't any entry for that hitbox. Same thing with his up air.

The Cape

Smash Master
Both for Vanish.

Also I still can't find that hitbox for Link's Dair. It's supposed to do 19% late and there isn't any entry for that hitbox. Same thing with his up air.
There is an interesting function on his Uair that I have messed with, and it appears something similar on Dair as well. These functions as I recall make the damage decay during the duration of the hitbox. I cannot remember which one, but worth messing with them.

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 7.08.20 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 7.08.41 AM.png

Capt. Tin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Capt.Tin
There is an interesting function on his Uair that I have messed with, and it appears something similar on Dair as well. These functions as I recall make the damage decay during the duration of the hitbox. I cannot remember which one, but worth messing with them.

View attachment 130754View attachment 130755
I should have figured. That's how the move is programmed in Brawl as well.

AAAAAA

Smash Cadet
Is there anyway to change Falcons Vertical distance on his up b, or give him multiple jumps ( Not infinite)

Capt. Tin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Capt.Tin
Is there a way to edit the hitboxes of the lasers in Falco and Fox's throws? They're different from the lasers that are under "Projectiles".

7VEN_

Smash Rookie
How do you change the speed of Dr Mario's Neutral B in frame Speed Modifiers? I can not find the thing for it or is there another way to change the speed of the pill throwing animation?

The Cape

Smash Master
How do you change the speed of Dr Mario's Neutral B in frame Speed Modifiers? I can not find the thing for it or is there another way to change the speed of the pill throwing animation?
What specifically are you looking to do? Speed up Doc's animation? The speed of the Pill?

RAT!

Smash Rookie
Like many other's here, I have the problem where I'm prompted to select the ISO, and then nothing appears when I do.

Some assistance would be great, pls

OKAY I GOT IT WORKING. HOW I DID IT IS BY GOING UNDER PROPERTIES AND CHANGING THE DEFAULT METHOD OF OPENING THE .JAR FROM WINRAR TO JAVA

Top Bottom