• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cpus getting experience, what if...

Smasher89

Smash Lord
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=8848

We can possibly train Nana to do what we want when she is on her own, go for grabs/CG, blizzard more and such things making it easier for her to stay alive.
I´m not 100% sure how it would work but I think this could be something to investigate. ,

Just imagine Nana grabbing that Falco, and just CG to wait for you when you then can start an alternate grab...

Baro

Smash Journeyman
I dashdance to desync so much that when Popo dies, Nana often just dashdances XD

What you're suggesting, however, I'd say is impossible.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
*Reads the thread you linked to* So that's why I ended up getting chain grabbed by a computer Falco when I was Sheik D:

Though the funny thing is, someone I used to play against on wifi all the time told me that a computer Ice Climbers did that Dthrow > Nana Fair combo and spiked him, all because I used to do that all the time xD.

Edit: Wow... computers learning from me gets annoying at times x.x I felt like using Fox against a computer Sheik, since I use Sheik so much... darn Ftilt to jabs and Ftilt to tipper up smash x.x

Little Devil

Smash Cadet
This experience system leads to very crazy things if you use techniques often. My ICCPU does SND often and can altgrab (!) until about 65% (I think this is "virtual muscle memory, since my CPU cant altgrab heavys but ***** light characters). And my Sheik DACUS all the time...

But I dont think you can really train your Nana. If she should dthrow-chaingrab, you would have to dthrow chaingrab all the time to "teach" it. And that would ruin your game.
But what I made her to do is to punish taunts: my friend taunted and I smashed him. Then he taunted again and so on, we spent 15min doing this. And now every time Popo gets star KOed and my enemy taunts, Nana rushes for him and releases smashes^^ I got cheap KOs with this...

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
*finally reads AiB topic*

well that explains why all of the lvl 9 comps can spot dodge/punish like a mofo....

edit: actually my nana sort of does that.... she'll automatically dsmash if i get grabbed....

edit 2: ok, assuming this is true, my lvl 9 ICs just whooped a lvl 9 snake....

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
but in the article you stated the cpu somewhat learns from the people who play on the save file. How can nana copy... herself? I.. I'm not convinced.

But if you can make this work, then you've made me a very happy person that I main IC.

hmm, maybe my nana self sds a lot because of me :S

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i've noticed that my nana tends to smash if i ever get grabbed without me telling her. of course it could just be coincidence

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Popo tends to follow my encouragements quite well after I get KO'd and he remains on stage.

"Smash him! Smash Falco! AVENGE YOUR GIRLFRIEND!"

I'm still not sure if he actually listens to me, or whether it's just a coincidence.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
i found the same thing when i edgehogged alot the cpu's started doing it also i thought it was just coincidence but them ACTUALLY learning stuff dude that was the last thing i thought but i started noticing it actually is true man thats the last thing i expect to happen like when im fighting a CPU with another character i play lets say Lucas **** maybe they will chaingrab me or a lucas CPU will start Zapjumping

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
My nana always ice blocks for the small height boost when sent flying alone off the stage, and often uses ice block en route to the stage if no enemies are around.. just like i do.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Yeah this is pretty insane. If you could teach it stuff... like my Link who is freaking pivot walking a lot to change directions quickly or to move away quickly while still in a walk animation... That would be amazing.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I played Random today and it picked Pika, and he did a QAC -> THUNDER. Like I didn't know Pika was going to do that. :/

And.. doesn't Nana have random AI? Sometimes she might be a level 9. So like, if Popo was getting hit upwards and getting Star KO'd, and then Nana approaching to your opponent and then killing him or her, that possibly means Nana was at high level. If she's running around or doing nothing, then she's probably around at a low level.

But we could still teach her some things. :0

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Only problem though is that you would have to do this on every Wii you wanted to play on... So once you went to a tournament Nana would be back to normal Nana :p

My IC cpu's will Dthrow to Fair CG and have hobbled me like two or three times in a row before when I was messing with Bowser.
My Snake cpu can DACUS and has some grenade techs down as well.
My DDD will even infinite a DK to like 60% most of the time before it decides to do something else...
If I just pit 2 cpus against each other with one being G&W the G&W will basically win every time, spaces Bair pretty well and will even techchase a Dthrow to a Usmash occasionally.
Computers have gotten scary :p

Smasher89

Smash Lord
That problem can possibly be solved atleast if it´s replays that causes the effect, the SDcardslot's replays could possibly help for this, so filling a SD card with IC replays might make this to work, if it works...

SSD

Smash Journeyman
it would be nice to import CPU data, have one person's CPU take on another person's.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Can CPU's even grab? Can someone show me a video of a CPU Ice Climber grabbing someone? I tried to make my CPU IC's grab on lvl9 for about an hour and they didn't preform a grab ONCE.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
Can CPU's even grab? Can someone show me a video of a CPU Ice Climber grabbing someone? I tried to make my CPU IC's grab on lvl9 for about an hour and they didn't preform a grab ONCE.
CPU's rarely grab anymore. In Melee you could force your CPU to grab by shielding or holding the shield button if they were level 5 or higher.

CPU Ice Climbers tend to spam Ice Blocks from what I've heard.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
CPUs know how to shieldgrab at me... :[

When the ICs grab, Nana will most likely use a smash when Popo throws.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
its to bad that this would only work on your wii... not like at a tourney where your using other wii's and nana will still be her old dumb self... :p

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
Only problem though is that you would have to do this on every Wii you wanted to play on... So once you went to a tournament Nana would be back to normal Nana :p

My IC cpu's will Dthrow to Fair CG and have hobbled me like two or three times in a row before when I was messing with Bowser.
My Snake cpu can DACUS and has some grenade techs down as well.
My DDD will even infinite a DK to like 60% most of the time before it decides to do something else...
If I just pit 2 cpus against each other with one being G&W the G&W will basically win every time, spaces Bair pretty well and will even techchase a Dthrow to a Usmash occasionally.
Computers have gotten scary :p
If this computer learning things, stuff is true could your absolutely cruel mate be like mooohahahahaa play ice climbers for hours doing stupid stuff like walk off an edge constantly then when you face them see the little sidewards grin as your nana is like oh no popo died and jump off the edge in depression lol.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
My Nana occasionally grabs when seperated.

As for CPU Ice Climbers, I'm pretty sure they grabbed at me a few times.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
I heard somewhere that the things the cpus learn are generally things that lead to or are related to accomplishing KOs. That could be part of why they seem to pick up some habits but not others.

BTW I'm undecided as to whether I believe cpus learn or not.

D

Deleted member

CPU's don't learn to edgehog, or crouch taunt. They've always edgehog, and even if no-one that plays in your console crouch spams to taunt they do it, well at least they do it in mine. Oh and Nana tend to DD when you die.

Menk

Smash Cadet
CPU's don't learn to edgehog, or crouch taunt. They've always edgehog, and even if no-one that plays in your console crouch spams to taunt they do it, well at least they do it in mine. Oh and Nana tend to DD when you die.
It doesn't have to be people that play just on your console, it also uses data from any replays you have or just from playing against anyone on wifi.
I was playing against a friend who pretty much pivot walked the entire game, he was practicing it with fox.
Now every time I fight a CPU fox he pivot walks during the game... and this was only like 5 matches against my friend, months ago ;)

D

Deleted member

It doesn't have to be people that play just on your console, it also uses data from any replays you have or just from playing against anyone on wifi.
I was playing against a friend who pretty much pivot walked the entire game, he was practicing it with fox.
Now every time I fight a CPU fox he pivot walks during the game... and this was only like 5 matches against my friend, months ago ;)
I don't have Wi-fi, nor saved replays of anyone crouch spamming.

DeadDisco

Smash Cadet
>__> Was playing a few days straight with Samus and I usually end my kills with a spike and i tend to d-tillt. My CPU Samus doesn't spike at all, but it occasionally does a d-tilt. Although I suspect d-tilt was already in the samus ai cuz its one of the few kill moves of Samus. My CF n Gan however started doing their Paunches more often, probably cuz of the paunch wars me n my pals have. I'm kinda on the fence with the AI actually learning. I have yet to see my snake perform a DACUS. My P-Chu spams thunder like it was just pissing it out.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
My CPU crouch taunts. I've never seen a human player do it outside of Youtube videos. Perhaps it analyses Spectator mode videos without me even watching them...

And trust me, they don't need to learn edgehogging. They're already quite pro at it <_<

Top Bottom