• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Counterpick stages?

Luthien

Smash Ace
Depends on the matchup. Against Ike, I usually choose battlefield. It's small enough to be able to force him to the ledge to take advantage of his slow (but powerful) arials, and platforms screw him over in many ways while amplifying Zelda's upward attacks (which are some of her deadliest). Oh, and I really like the music there.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I have a thing for flat levels.

FD and Eldin Bridge work well for me, but a little Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Frigate Orpheon and Delfino Plaza every now and then is good

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I like smashville and battlefield... the edges there are kind to Zelda's FW.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
now a good counterpick AGAINST zelda would be... wait... yeah I'm not going to tell you that.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
i like smashville cause i can use the Floating platform to move away and use fire. i also use it to trick my opponents by airdodging and then they land. thus they cant dodge my fb :D

S2

Smash Lord
Well I'll let you guys in on a secret... a dirty secret that will get you called names. Most people I do this to usually call me an insult that starts with "G" and pertains to gender. You might even feel bad for doing this.

Here it is...

If it's allowed, pick Green Greens.

Zelda can sit on the side ledges and throw Din's all day. Anyone who has a short range projectile, no projectile, or an inferior projectile to Din's can do nothing about it.

Since the middle section is higher, if they try to approach it has to be above you. If you use the blocks to your advantage, many characters have no approach except for above, where you can easily punish with an upsmash.

It's not stalling, technically, but opponents can be forced to come to you with basically no ability to hit you. It's either dodge Din's until they make a mistake, or get upsmashed if they try to approach.

Yeah, it's pretty rigged. If it weren't for the fact that Zeldas are rare, this tactic would probably get Green Greens the ban. Or at least considered for it.

Now, keep in mind that there are certain matchups this absolutely will not work with.

DO not do this to certain projectile characters, like Olimar. Or Pit. Or... you get the point. You will get screwed bad if you do this to characters who can projectile spam you from the middle platform without risking being hit by Dins.

Green Greens has 1 other big Zelda disadvantage, which is that the side walls are close in... so you can get KOed easily off the side if you're forced to fight legitimately. That's why you need to pick who you bring to this stage carefully. If you take Olimar there, you'll disadvantage yourself.

Snake/Marth/Meta/etc... this is your counterpick stage.

Just be prepared for them to get POed about it. It happens most of the time.

Krii

Smash Journeyman
i think Battlefield compliments her recovery wise, the many platforms allow her to be versatile on her recovery without gimping her as much as FD would.

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
LM is the absolute best Zelda stage hands down. I've never lost with Zelda against any character on this stage. Zelda's fireballs go through the walls, her Uair goes through the roof, all her attacks lag on the walls so they stay out for days.

Pick this stage and you will not be disappointed!

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
i dont think LM is allowed in tournies though...
:(

Also in Green Greens.....

A glitch exists on this level, though it is not known how it is accomplished. It causes the bomb blocks to explode forever, so after the initial explosion and the destruction of the bomb block, anything that touches the area the block was in is hit by an explosion, making it impossible for new blocks to fall and create a sturdy platform.
--> From Smashwiki

You can perform the glitch with Zelda :bee: just command Din's Fire to the blocks continuously and it will happen ;)

It's useful for characters who like to approach from the air :)

COUGHMARTHCOUGH

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
she hates the lips of Luigi's mansion though... it's hard to sweetspot there.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
LM is the absolute best Zelda stage hands down. I've never lost with Zelda against any character on this stage. Zelda's fireballs go through the walls, her Uair goes through the roof, all her attacks lag on the walls so they stay out for days.

Pick this stage and you will not be disappointed!
Yea, ive recently discovered this as well. It's best used against metaknight since his up b is one of his best ko moves. Just stay in the house and din all day and you should be able to win :)

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Going to go with the norm and say Battlefield and Smashville. Same reasons as others too: Battlefield caters to her upward attacks, while Smashville's moving platform is a bonus for Din's mindgames.

For friendlies though, Shadow Moses Island all the way lol. When the only way to kill is up, you can't get much better than Zelda ;).

Top Bottom