• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Countdown to Brawl Vol. 1, Concord NC 10/20

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
Alright, NC's been lacking a tourney as of late, and we've gotten the go ahead to hold another one at Game Crazy in Concord. However, everyone knows how cramped it was last time, so we're taking this one outside. Canopies to hang over the televisions (TVS WITHOUT LAG THIS TIME, GUYS!!!!), and a big enough tournament for singles AND TEAMS THIS TIME. Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll try to keep things updated.

Game Crazy (inside of Hollywood Video)
543 Concord Pkwy N
Concord, NC 28027
704-652-0929
Call if you need help finding the place or if you have any questions

(To avoid confusion, Concord Pkwy is Hwy 29, so as soon as you get off of exit 58 towards Concord, you're on the right road. Just look on your right for the KMart and you'll see the Hollywood Video)

HIGHLIGHTS:
Teams begins at noon, singles immediately afterward
Better brackets system
Outdoors with more room to move
Televisions with no lag!!!!

GENERAL INFO:
$5 entry fee per person (a.k.a. $10 per team)
If 10+ players enter singles, winner wins a free fully paid off pre-ordered copy of Brawl
If 10+ TEAMS enter teams, both winners win free fully paid off pre-ordered copies of Brawl
4 Stock, 8 minutes, BYOC
Best two out of three rounds
Double Elimination

STAGES: (Using Official MLG 2007 Stage Rulings)
Teams Neutral - Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Pokemon Stadium, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Kongo Jungle 64
Teams Counterpick - All Neutral, Great Bay, Corneria, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Brinstar, Poke Floats, Mushroom Kingdom II
Teams Banned - Icicle Mountain, Princess Peach's Castle, Kongo River, Fountain of Dreams, Flatzone, Temple, Yoshi's Island, Venom, Onett, Mute City, Mushroom Kingdom I, Brinstar Depths, Fourside, Big Blue, Yoshi's Story 64

Singles Neutral - Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64
Singles Counterpick - All Neutral, Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Brinstar, Mute City, Poke Floats, Kongo Jungle 64
Singles Banned - Icicle Mountain, Princess Peach's Castle, Kongo River, Great Bay, Flatzone, Temple, Yoshi's Island, Venom, Onett, Mushroom Kingdom I, Brinstar Depths, Fourside, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom II, Yoshi's Story 64

Also, if you're from out of town and you win a copy of Brawl, you can either come pick it up at the midnight launch, or I can send it to you overnighted (if you're willing to pay for shipping). The likelihood of the midnight launch would be better though, as Game Crazy plans on holding a Super Smash Bros Brawl tournament AT MIDNIGHT ONCE THE GAME HAS LAUNCHED.

Who knows? We could be the first state with a Brawl power rankings. XD

(EDIT: Sorry it took so long to post - it was posted under the wrong board. :ohwell: )

Malk

Smash Champion
I am trying to convince Karn to go to this.
Who wants to team with the famous jewish jigglypuff of NC?

PacStrife

Smash Ace
HHmmm this is right after my fall break from school is over. I probably can't make it. Get some good results and I might consider re-doing the power rankings list though. GoodLuck Nick!

El Cancel

Smash Journeyman
sorry, smyd. i'm teaming up with nc falcon this time.

smyd el cancel should happen though. it'll be fun.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I'd like to enter but:

A. I doubt I'll have a ride there

and B. I'm saving money for tickets to a Polysics concert that happens two weeks after + souvenirs.

I wouldn't mind going just to meet people though. It'd be cool.

dotpwn

Smash Journeyman
Show me your moves ill try to be there, just gotta ask off work this really isnt too painful a drive. Just need some good music. By the powers of moses in like 2 days my ness can beat my friends, there must be friendlies. Tons of them.

Malk

Smash Champion
I don't know if Luther is serious about teaming with me. Actually on second thought I will probably end up just teaming with Karn, though we usually try to avoid it.

but, ummm! oh yeah, .PWN, you should drive me. Either that, or give us gas money and ride with Karn and I. Save the world man, carpool.

Also my ness > yours
I kick ***

and my bowser beat Cstrife's sheik last night, are you proud 2p? :-*
I did the downthrow chaingrab all match long (except he was seriously trying to get away)

2_Percent

Smash Ace
nah i was serious mangggg. it's alright if you don't want to though.
niceee, good shiiiiit cg'ing sheiks haha

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
Luigi ditto = epic

I'm going to ask off work so I don't have to constantly run inside to help people, and I can put more effort into running a tournament. This will be better for all. And, because I don't have a partner and don't know how well I do in teams, I think I'm going to enter singles.

Also, Game Crazy tradition is people don't show up on time so we wait 20-65 minutes to start. THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN THIS TIME. I will delay UP TO 30 minutes, due to people traveling in from all over, but please try to be there BETWEEN 11:00 AND 12:00 TO REGISTER TO ENTER. For those of you that have run a tournament, you know how hard it is to set up brackets when people are still constantly trying to register during starting bracket creation, and it's not fun or easy and far from convenient. :ohwell:

dotpwn

Smash Journeyman
Malk, ill pay my share in gas if someones driving for sure, it's iffy if ill be able to drive at this point. Ness dittos all around. The random bursts of shadow claw i have will align completely on this tournament.

Top Bottom