• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Ok, so i'm a bit salty. Not because Team Sanaki lost, but because the Feathers i got from it weren't enough to let me 5-Star Florina. The amount of Feathers required to promote a unit into a 5-Star is 20,000. I have 19,993. I'm so close.

I'm gonna have to grind Eliwood's Hero Merit. He's sitting at 390 right now.

Also, i joined Team Leo. He's slightly behind Robin. Not surprised.

Edit: Nvm, i just had to send home one of the many Oboros i had and that brought me up to 20,143 Feathers. And thanks to that
Screenshot_2017-05-14-10-43-21.png

Mission Acomplished.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
*Flashbacks of my -Atk Sanaki* FeelsBadMan
Anyway, Hector is not much of a streak breaker, but he is pretty annoying to deal with, sorta like Effie, but Effie is actually rare to find, unlike Hector. Ike is a bigger problem than both, he can almost solo the whole team, it's disgusting....
And I have a Triangle Adept Azura. Still have trouble.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Anyway, Hector is not much of a streak breaker, but he is pretty annoying to deal with, sorta like Effie, but Effie is actually rare to find, unlike Hector.
I've seen more Effies than Hector.

Ike is a bigger problem than both, he can almost solo the whole team, it's disgusting....
Sanaki breaks Ike pretty easily, just have Swordbreaker on her. My friend also recommends putting Life and Death on her as well. He says that "Adept Sanaki is nice, but you'll get more attack from Life and Death in the long run. Yeah, it lowers her Defense, but her Defense is garbage anyway, so you're not losing much."

And it goes without saying that Blue Units will also break Ike.
Azura can hold her own in combat but she isn't meant for it.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Triangle adept Azura? Doesn't her Saphire lance + already has TA 3 on it?
I personally haven't got any problems with Ike vs Azura... I mean, she kills -any- red unit so far. But then again, I have swordbreaker on her, cause she was -spd...

Sanaki breaks Ike pretty easily, just have Swordbreaker on her. My friend also recommends putting Life and Death on her as well. He says that "Adept Sanaki is nice, but you'll get more attack from Life and Death in the long run. Yeah, it lowers her Defense, but her Defense is garbage anyway, so you're not losing much."
Depends. If you give her a blade tome, then yes. Give her Deathblow or L&D. But then you can't bait greens anymore, atleast with L&D. As L&D also lowers RES.

Sanaki with Raven tome however... Makes TA even better. The loss in atk, doesn't make a buffed or +atk sanaki loose certain KO's against greens or reds. And the OHKO against neutral takumi, is even just more gurantee'd, thanks to raven's side effect, being affected by TA aswell.

But with her standard tome? No way.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Azura can hold her own in combat but she isn't meant for it.
She actually completely wrecks red units, though. Her high attack is way more noticable in this game then Fates. My Azura is basically a hard counter to Ike, Lyn, Lucina, Ryoma, Marth, and so many other popular units.
*Flashbacks of my -Atk Sanaki* FeelsBadMan
My Sanaki is -att/+def. Doesn't stop her from being useful sometimes, but it is pretty sad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've seen more Effies than Hector.
I've seen a lot more Hectors than Effies. The Hero Fest banner pretty much put him everywhere in Arena.
Heck, even my defense team has a Hector.

She actually completely wrecks red units, though. Her high attack is way more noticable in this game then Fates. My Azura is basically a hard counter to Ike, Lyn, Lucina, Ryoma, Marth, and so many other popular units.
Azura is one of the best units in Heroes, not only for her Sing skill, but also for her attack stat. It's actually extremely high and can destroy some red units.
She can also be more scary with Wings of Mercy, which allows her to give a distant unit another move or even have her finish off an enemy.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Even after the Hero Fest banner, Hectors are still pretty rare in my experience. Or maybe I just don't play in the Arena much after I've gotten through 7 rounds with a high enough score. I do still see Effies a lot though.
And Azura can handle the red units especially the mages like a boss.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Ok but Defensivly, Azura isn't that great in my expierience. I rarely have trouble taking her out.

I guess she's a Glass Cannon.

Also game, if you could give me Azura next time i Summon, that'd be nice.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I come across Hectors everywhere I go. Even if a lot of people don't have him, those that do use him a ton.
Ok but Defensivly, Azura isn't that great in my expierience. I rarely have trouble taking her out.

She's the sort of character who a human has to control for her to do well. The AI just can't draw out much of her actual potential.

It's the reason Vantage and close/distant counter characters are so powerful in the arena - they don't have to be positioned well to exceed at their job, they just want to fight you head on.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I want to cry. I got wrathful-staff. And thats it.
Nothing else.

60 saved orbs for Wrathful staff.

Edit: Nevermind, i finally got a niles, to give my julia Iceberg. Silver lining.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I managed to get Celica and Mae! Both of the characters I wanted from the Focus!
I also managed to get another 5 star Ike, which is pretty neat.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm gonna hold on until the 19th to summon from the new banner, as we'll likely get an Orb bonus to celebrate the release of Echoes in North America and Europe. Although i may give in to temptation. Also, i love how the Rite of Shadows chapter poked fun at the boat maps. "Pirates"! "Even more Pirates!"

In other news, we finally get a look at Lloyd's Heroes artwork and

Eww, no, why? This artwork is so bad. What happened to Lloyd's face? Why does he have lizard hands? Look at his face, even he is suffering. This is the first character artwork in the game that i don't like.

I want to cry. I got wrathful-staff. And thats it.
Nothing else.

60 saved orbs for Wrathful staff.

Edit: Nevermind, i finally got a niles, to give my julia Iceberg. Silver lining.
Hey man, knowing my luck, if i spent 60 Orbs an only got Genny out of it, i'd be crying tears of joy.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I decided to plunk down about 60 orbs in hopes of getting Celica and Genny (I actually really want Wrathful Staff, would make healers a lot better!). This meant drawing on both reds and colorless. On my last set of 20 orbs, there were 3 reds and 2 colorless -- and I pulled Celica and Faye! No Genny, but getting two 5-stars in one session is great!

I also had a lot of luck pulling characters I didn't already have. I pulled a 4-star male Corrin, Cain, and Lachesis, along with a 3-star Saizo. Very pleased!

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Wait, so the 2 obs a day is over again already? FeelsBadMan
well, I gave a shot at Celica with the 5 out of 6 orbs I had, and got a 3* Eliwood. But I don't even care at this point, I don't even want any specific character anymore, I will just raise my Florina and keep her on my main team. And hey, we got a new history chapter too? I may have probably known here first about it, but I totally don't remember that so it is new for me.

Exactly, you probably use green units to kill her. Since she has Triangle Adept, she destroys red units but gets eaten alive by green, those are the rules of nature.
And with Azura in my team Ike is still a pain.... still the weapon to surpass Metal Gear. And my whole team. And probably a whole team of Metal Gears.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Man, y'all got lucky summoning Celica...

I accumulated 60 orbs with the help of the beginning of Celica's event, and I didn't pull her once. On my first and third summoning, I didn't get anything note-worthy outside of two 3-star Lon'qus and a 4-star Nowi. Both Lon'qus will be inheritance fodder for their Vantage skill, while Nowi will definitely be useful in the future. I trained her up to Level 20 right now, but I'm thinking about using my next 20,000 feathers on Michalis.

On my second summoning, I got 4 green orbs and 1 red orb. No Celica on that red orb, and 4 green orbs meant I had a chance to summon Hector or Boey. On the final green orb summon, I thought to myself, "I feel like I'm getting Boey." And what do you know...

Yep, I got Boey. He is now my third 5-star green-tome user, after Julia and Soren.

While I like Boey as a character, I don't see myself using him. Soren has already been doing a fantastic job for me as a green-tome user, so I have a feeling Boey is going to be inheritance fodder. I mean, he can learn Ignis AND Renewal. Ignis is a fantastic ability to give to pretty much anyone, while Renewal is perfect for Celica. I'll train him up for the time being, but if I ever get Celica, he is guaranteed inheritance fodder.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Oh btw, here are Lloyd's voice clips as well as the battle map
I've placed a timestamp so the video will start at Lloyd.

And in other datamine news, it seems we may know what the next "special" banner will be: weddings! We don't know which characters will be featured but it seems that two of the brides will be Sanaki and Julia. June Brides is a common practice in gacha games and it's because, apparently, June is the month where most marriages in Japan happen.

I'm also expecting Eirika, since she introduced the Bride Class in Awakening.

I'm not expecting any male characters in the Wedding Banner but i'd be nice to see them. Usually, however, Wedding Events only feature female characters.

Of course, none of this yet confirmed.

And finally, we learn of the existence of Vortex Mode. Vortex Mode is the perma-death mode in Heroes. No, your Heroes aren't actually lost forever, you just can't revive fallen Heroes during this mode.

Exactly, you probably use green units to kill her.
Well, that and Klein because Brave Bow.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Brides? Really?

I'll probably be less upset if they havd both male and female characters, but I'm still really salty about the bride class in Awakening.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Brides? Really?

I'll probably be less upset if they havd both male and female characters, but I'm still really salty about the bride class in Awakening.
Was a silly thing, but I actually enjoyed the bride class as a -class-.

Also, it spawned quite the most adorable pictures.

And I guess there will be grooms aswell, just as they made the -very- 'appealing' Xander at the spring festival.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
How very fortunate for some of y'all to already have Celica and the other focus characters.
I wasted 60 orbs attempting to get her but instead I got a **** load of useless 3-stars but I did get a 4-star male Corrin.

Oh well, at least I promoted Stahl to a 5-star character. Time to make him great again.
Brides? Really?

I actually liked the bride class myself. No complaints here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If there is a bride focus in the future, I would be OK with that mainly because I have no interest in such a banner and would be fine having more Orbs.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
With 100 orbs I have left, it's best for me to save those on the banners that matter to me the most. Never spent my orbs on the Easter banner and I sure as hell won't be spending my orbs on the brides banner, as much as I like the bride class.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My problem with the bride class wasn't that it was silly. My problem was - get your pitchforks ready, anti-sjws - that it was actually pretty sexist. The fact that male units got the demon-slaying ninja-warrior class while female ones got the love-themed support class was just not right. If they included a groom variant for the male characters, then it'd be a different story, but the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm not really excited to see brides make a return.

...There's also that I'm upset that Eirika didn't get cool card art in Awakening because of that, which really upsets the SS fanboy in me.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
My problem with the bride class wasn't that it was silly. My problem was - get your pitchforks ready, anti-sjws - that it was actually pretty sexist. The fact that male units got the demon-slaying ninja-warrior class while female ones got the love-themed support class was just not right. If they included a groom variant for the male characters, then it'd be a different story, but the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm not really excited to see brides make a return.

...There's also that I'm upset that Eirika didn't get cool card art in Awakening because of that, which really upsets the SS fanboy in me.
Well, that's fair.
But I wouldn't say brides are a bad thing. The lack of grooms is.

Edit: Also, no need for the sjw/Anti-Sjw warning. We are hopefully able to discuss this civil, and with reason. We want to be understood, not to be in the right.

... I think.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Echoes reviews are out

There are too many reviews to post here but most reviews have been positive. In fact, the only mixed review is Game Informer's.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't care about the reviews, I just want to give Gaiden a fair try. I'm such a fan of FE that I'm always willing to put up with its many flaws, no matter how much I complain about them.

...Except for Revelations. I'm never playing that one again.
Edit: Also, no need for the sjw/Anti-Sjw warning. We are hopefully able to discuss this civil, and with reason. We want to be understood, not to be in the right.

... I think.
99.9% of the time, this thread is civil no matter what controversy comes up, and that's awesome, especially considering we're part of the FE fanbase.

...But there was that one messy argument about Corrin's pants so long ago that I guess I'm always afraid of such a fight happening again.

But that was just a one time incident, so you're probably right.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I don't care about the reviews, I just want to give Gaiden a fair try. I'm such a fan of FE that I'm always willing to put up with its many flaws, no matter how much I complain about them.

...Except for Revelations. I'm never playing that one again.99.9% of the time, this thread is civil no matter what controversy comes up, and that's awesome, especially considering we're part of the FE fanbase.

...But there was that one messy argument about Corrin's pants so long ago that I guess I'm always afraid of such a fight happening again.

Humans aren't perfect.

But you know what's perfect?

My latest pull, that is.

INSTANT KARMA!
Sadly all got terrible IV's, like -spd. But still, am happy.

So, how is your day?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well damn, that RNGoddess must've really liked you or something.

I did another summon myself recently and all I got was this:

Just a bunch of useless characters I won't be using. Those two 4-stars don't even make up for it because I already have them (one of them is a 5-star and if you can't figure out which one, then I don't know what else to tell you).

Well, I'm just gonna lay low from summoning until the weekend arrives and focus on level grinding my newly 5-star Stahl and grind for more feathers for my next 5-star candidate, whom I haven't decided yet.

And yes, I figured out how to take snapshots on my phone. Yay me.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Well damn, that RNGoddess must've really liked you or something.

I did another summon myself recently and all I got was this:

Just a bunch of useless characters I won't be using. Those two 4-stars don't even make up for it because I already have them (one of them is a 5-star and if you can't figure out which one, then I don't know what else to tell you).

Well, I'm just gonna lay low from summoning until the weekend arrives and focus on level grinding my newly 5-star Stahl and grind for more feathers for my next 5-star candidate, whom I haven't decided yet.

And yes, I figured out how to take snapshots on my phone. Yay me.
Are any of your Setsunas a +Spd? As long as she doesn't have -Atk, you can create the Quadsuna build.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
No, though I am considering it. However, she don't have enough SP to learn skills with that ability.
You can merge her tho with other setsunas.

Like, you teach one setsuna Brave Bow+

The other Setsuna Life & Death

The other other setsuna you'll teach Desperation

And then you merge them all. As merging now lets you keep all the learned skills. Making it -really- nice to grind for lower star character abilities.

And about my pull, I think it's just the karma, that I got barely nothing at all since the hero fest. Still no ike...
And for the hero fest, I did cashed out after all. So I wouldn't count that really, as they were paid orbs.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord

...Except for Revelations. I'm never playing that one again.99.9% of the time, this thread is civil no matter what controversy comes up, and that's awesome, especially considering we're part of the FE fanbase.

Wasn't that on the Mewtwo boards? I remember, people have problems with video game characters showing too much skin, unless it's Shulk in his underwear and nothing else, never saw anyone complaining about that. Anyway....

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just got an email confirming my Alm and Celica have shipped. I think now is a good time to start getting hyped.

I don't have work on the 20th, so I think I'll throw myself a little party.
Wasn't that on the Mewtwo boards? I remember, people have problems with video game characters showing too much skin, unless it's Shulk in his underwear and nothing else, never saw anyone complaining about that. Anyway....
Was it there? I could of sworn it was in this thread, but maybe that's because it was about Corrin.

Anyway, that's not what that argument was supposed to be about anyway. Neither side was actually arguing about the same thing. It was originally about female Corrin exposing her underwear for the world to see while male Corrin gets to wear pants.

...But regardless of who was "right", neither side was mature about it.

Last edited:

Hoenn Founder

Smash Rookie
NNID
billcipher61825
3DS FC
0748-5608-2268
I main Corrin and pretty much know everything about him (from smash and fire emblem fates), but if you guys have anymore tips or techs for me, feel free to let me know.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Heads up for Fire Emblem fans, I just found out the voiceover credits for Injustice 2, and there are 2 names in there you might recognize: Matt Mercer aka Chrom voices Deadshot, and Laura Bailey aka Lucina voices Supergirl.

Hoenn Founder

Smash Rookie
NNID
billcipher61825
3DS FC
0748-5608-2268
Heads up for Fire Emblem fans, I just found out the voiceover credits for Injustice 2, and there are 2 names in there you might recognize: Matt Mercer aka Chrom voices Deadshot, and Laura Bailey aka Lucina voices Supergirl.
That's cool how did you find that

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Matt Mercer's in everything now, love it. Hope they get him for Chrom/Ryoma in FE Warriors.
I'm pretty sure the guy narrating the trailers for Echoes on the Eshop is Jason Douglas, aka God of Destruction Beerus. I'd love it if he was a voice in the game.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
You sure you not pulling any punches here? Cuz this I did not know.
It wasn't possible before, but that's because IS just forgett to add it. It has been fixed alongside the arena changes patch, and is working now.

I myself used that already, giving one Celica Fury 3, and the other desperation 3, leveling them both up, and my merged one, now possesses an learned fury3+desp3.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It wasn't possible before, but that's because IS just forgett to add it. It has been fixed alongside the arena changes patch, and is working now.

I myself used that already, giving one Celica Fury 3, and the other desperation 3, leveling them both up, and my merged one, now possesses an learned fury3+desp3.
Pretty interesting story been told. I should try those myself with the extras I have.

Top Bottom