• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Nah

Smash Champion
My wife, @AquaAdminShelly, and I have begun a drinking game for every time one of my guys misses a hit at 85% hit rate or more. Down the bottle if they miss both hits in a double.
how fast do you two get drunk when you play this game?

I feel like I've had a few more misses on good hit rate engagements than I should have so far, but then the RNG turns around and has been giving me a lot of low % crits too

RNGoddess is so weird sometimes

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
how fast do you two get drunk when you play this game?

I feel like I've had a few more misses on good hit rate engagements than I should have so far, but then the RNG turns around and has been giving me a lot of low % crits too

RNGoddess is so weird sometimes
We were completely s***faced yesterday about an hour and a half in.

I've never had luck this bad in any FE game I've played, and I've played since FE7. I feel like Arthur. Thank Goddess for Mila's turnwheel lol.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Welp, today and tomorrow are my days off so now, I can finally start playing Echoes. Let's see what this game has in store for me.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Her Supports with Alm can bring Nosferatu's hit-rate to a reliable 75%,
I was wrong. If Saint!Faye gets an A-Support with Alm, Nosferatu's hit-rate gets boosted to 80% and that's not counting the big crit bonus she gets from him as well.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I was wrong. If Saint!Faye gets an A-Support with Alm, Nosferatu's hit-rate gets boosted to 80% and that's not counting the big crit bonus she gets from him as well.
I know you might hate me for it, but...

I benched faye. Why?
She was rude to my healer, and creepy topwards alm... and kinda never did much with other characters.
And I kinda got too many other fun characters I wanted to use. God I love Python. He's already bowknight at my team.

Aaaalso alms last fight at chapter 2/3? The gate.

Jesus it's mean. You -need- a character with 15 res to succeed the special conditions.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I know you might hate me for it, but...

I benched faye. Why?
She was rude to my healer, and creepy topwards alm... and kinda never did much with other characters.
And I kinda got too many other fun characters I wanted to use. God I love Python. He's already bowknight at my team.

Aaaalso alms last fight at chapter 2/3? The gate.

Jesus it's mean. You -need- a character with 15 res to succeed the special conditions.
Nah, i'm not gonna hate you for not liking a character that i like. We must all respect each other's opinions.

Gameplay-wise, did you make Faye a Cleric? If you did, it's really unwise to bench her, as Alm won't have a healer besides Silque until Act 4 at the latest, when you recruit Tatiana.

Now, while i can understand why people wouldn't like Faye, i do feel that she gets bashed on too much. Heck, even Tharja and Camilla didn't get as much hate as Faye. So i'm gonna defend Faye here, and who knows, maybe it'll change your opinion (which i'm not expecting but hear me out)

Did you see Faye's A-Support with Silque? Faye recognized that she was rude and apologized. As for being creepy towards Alm....she actually isn't. I know you're refering specifically to the part where she says she'll kill in Alm's name. In her B-Support with Alm, the implication is that the war is having an effect on her. The evidence to support that is
  1. She's the only one of the Ram Villagers who never really practiced with weapons. Kliff practiced magic, Tobin shot some arrows, and Gray spars with a fence every day. Faye didn't do any of that. She likely just watched Alm spar with Gray and Mycen.
  2. She was originally against joining the Delivernece.
  3. When she's confessing to Alm (btw, she's the only unrequited love character in the series to actually confess) and talking about her dream of living with Alm, part of her dream is not fighting another battle for as long as they live.
So clearly, it isn't Faye's fault that she wants to kill in Alm's name. It's the war's fault.

And now, for the thing that made me appreciate Faye: she genuianly loves Alm.
In her Act 1 Base Convo, Faye talks about what she loves about Alm, being his bravery. She then goes on to talk about how he's always been her white knight in shining armor, ever since he saved her and the rest of the kids from Slayde (Alm punching Slayde was great btw).

In her Act 4 Base Convo, Faye says that her parents want to hear more about her, not Alm. Faye defends herself by saying that she writes about Alm because he matters to her.

And finally, there's the A-Support. As mentioned before, she confesses to him. She also acknowledges that it isn't the best time to confess. And when Alm friendzones her, you know what happens? She accepts it. She actually accepts it. Heck, she knew it was gonna happen anyway and the reason she joined Alm in the Deliverence was out of hope. Hope that she and Alm would find something together.

I'll admit Faye doesn't have much of a character, but i feel she really does develop in her A-Support with Alm.
Conclusion: Faye is actually a better character compared to Tharja and Camilla. While it's true that Tharja and Camilla have more than just their obbsessions, that's more of a result of the fact that Tharja and Camilla have 20+ Support chains (with Camilla being story relevant). Faye only has two and isn't story relevant. Tharja and Camilla obbsess over Robin and Corrin, and in Tharja's case, it's lust, not love. Faye genuianly loves Alm and she's not really that obbseseve with him. This is why i much prefer Faye over Tharja and Camilla.

Side note: Faye's interactions with the Villagers in the beginning show that they are all good friends. Which makes me upset since Faye can't Support with them. Tobin Supports with Gray and Kliff but Gray can't Support with Kliff. Niether of those three can Support with Alm. Supports in this game are wierd sometimes.

Faye is also good friends with Celica, as shown in her interactions with her should Celica recruit her instead of Alm.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Wait, when did they sneak 2 hidden achievements in Heroes?
Well, I just won the GHB by putting Lucina in my team to raise Hector's ATK so he could one shot the blue mage and avoid the second hit, I'm glad I raised her to full power when I got her....
I needed Azura too because Lloyd was destroying all my units alone.... I actually built an interesting team, Hector with +4 ATK from Lucina and Florina giving him double Ardent Sacrifice per turn thanks to Azura to keep him alive.
Linus is the only 4 Fang not in the game right now, right? I just noticed I need to build a 4 Fangs team too. Though I need a Jaffar too for that....
Damnit, just when I thought I could start saving orbs for something important.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Armagon Armagon

I like her design, but I just don't... like like her. Also, spoiling support convos is kinda mean. Even if I luckily happen to have seen them already.

And no, I didn't required any healer aside of silque. Warp is truly a godsent, and I just abused the hell out of consumeables or placing people beside alm to not having them equipped.

Not I have started chapter 4, half-way through with celica's route, and first battle with alm.

Now, I got enough sages to heal if neccessary, but Lucas tanks like a champ.

And yes, I made the little magical loli a priestess, it was definitely worth the grind, her stats are fantastic.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Also, spoiling support convos is kinda mean.
I put most of them in spoiler tags but i guessed i missed some. I fixed it though. I apologize for any incovinience this may have cause.

Warp is truly a godsent,
Yeah, Warp is pretty great. It's not as broken as it was in Gaiden but it was enough to kill Tatarrah. Basiaclly, i just Warped Mathilda over to him, weakend him, then had Luthier finish him off. Silque would be so much better on Celica's route though. Warp could've cheesed Mila's Temple easily.

Btw though, what difficulty are you playing on? I'm playing on Hard.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That's why I said before not to spoil anything and hide it in the spoiler tag (okay, maybe I didn't mention that last part), that includes the support conversation. But no, y'all didn't bother listening to me...

Anyways, bringing up on the subject on Faye again for a bit, I personally don't really have anything against her (besides her weird obsession with Alm)...at least I hope not. I don't have an opinion on everyone else yet.

As far as my progress on the game goes, I'm only at least two hours into it. I have finished exploring through that shrine where I rescued and recruited Silque. RNGoddess had been pretty good to me, at least, for the moment. Haven't class changed Faye or that other guy I don't remember his name yet. I'm gonna play some more of it in a little bit.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Ok, so in the first Alm battle of Act 4, Silque died. I used the Turnwheel, then retreated. Appearntly that didn't save Silque. WELP, OFF TO FEAR SHRINE! There's a ressurection spring there. I can still save Silque.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I put most of them in spoiler tags but i guessed i missed some. I fixed it though. I apologize for any incovinience this may have cause.

Yeah, Warp is pretty great. It's not as broken as it was in Gaiden but it was enough to kill Tatarrah. Basiaclly, i just Warped Mathilda over to him, weakend him, then had Luthier finish him off. Silque would be so much better on Celica's route though. Warp could've cheesed Mila's Temple easily.

Btw though, what difficulty are you playing on? I'm playing on Hard.
Oh yeah, my Fae was a falcon knight. She did well, but... eh. I just couldn't be bothered.
Also...
Playing on Hard aswell. I really haven't felt the difficulty, until...
... the GODDAMN DUMA TOWER, just screw that place! Jesus, the multiplicating eyes were tolerateable, as they vanished. But when these stupid eyes were on the last goddamn floor, taking almost all of my time-reversals...

I swear, if I hadn't an opportunity to save after that fight, I'd likely not touched the game for a while, since that would require -so- much grinding... Saber as dreadfighter is the true MVP of celica's entire goddamn route.

And I thought Alm's route, the level where you rescue titianna, just... wow. I thought that was hard. I just took almost everyone out with phython and my dreadblade grey alone, because barely anything survived. Just... wow.

That's why I said before not to spoil anything and hide it in the spoiler tag (okay, maybe I didn't mention that last part), that includes the support conversation. But no, y'all didn't bother listening to me...
Ehhh, I'm always very careful about spoilers, except they are very hard to spoil/very well hidden.

Anyways, bringing up on the subject on Faye again for a bit, I personally don't really have anything against her (besides her weird obsession with Alm)...at least I hope not. I don't have an opinion on everyone else yet.

As far as my progress on the game goes, I'm only at least two hours into it. I have finished exploring through that shrine where I rescued and recruited Silque. RNGoddess had been pretty good to me, at least, for the moment. Haven't class changed Faye or that other guy I don't remember his name yet. I'm gonna play some more of it in a little bit.
Enjoy! And never forget, promote early, since Gaiden is weird like that.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Ehhh, I'm always very careful about spoilers, except they are very hard to spoil/very well hidden.
It's still best to keep it well hidden in case anyone else says something about it.
Enjoy! And never forget, promote early, since Gaiden is weird like that.
I have played a little bit but the battery on my 3DS started dying on me and I had to turn if off to get it charged. I saved my game, of course, before I did those.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
LordTakeo LordTakeo while this doesn't work in dungeons, there is a way to make hard battles easier without grinding. What you do is, take out a chunk of the enemies, then retreat back to the world map. Re-enter the battle, and the enemies you've killed will be gone. Retreating is a very valid tactic in this game. That's what i did in the first Alm battle of Act 4.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
LordTakeo LordTakeo while this doesn't work in dungeons, there is a way to make hard battles easier without grinding. What you do is, take out a chunk of the enemies, then retreat back to the world map. Re-enter the battle, and the enemies you've killed will be gone. Retreating is a very valid tactic in this game. That's what i did in the first Alm battle of Act 4.
... I just finished the game, without ever knowing how this worked.

Spoilerfree-thoughts about the last battle:

It's great. It's honestly great. Not stupid/unfair hard, but it will punish people, who just pass turns.

And defeating a certain Unit, you need knowledge of someone in a village, and it's not even needed to defeat her/him.
Still, very very nice last level. It's ridiciously long, and I lost my first and only Unit, because I forgott to refill the time-reversal.

Now, my not so spoiler-free thoughts:
This game was dissapointingly easy, but to be fair, if it were harder, it would needed grinding, since class-change is impossible, except for villagers, and -super- leveled units.

It works for what it tried to achieve, and the Story was grand. I remember two points in the story, where I felt "this is weak...", but otherwise it MADE SENSE, and was -good-, contrary to what I am used from that headache of revelations...

And the atmosphere set by the story and stages/maps was on point. I loved the maps, even if they sometimes were a bit... "eh".

All in all, a very solid fire-emblem. A bit easy at start (But with Personal-challange if wanted), and two frustrating maps, but other than that, a reaaaaaal nice experience.
There is not a single character I straight up find bland, even Faye is good written, even if I dislike how she's written.

Edit: Gametime: Around 40 hours.
SpoilerEdit:
... did they semi-confirmed, that Awakening is literally the core-game of all?
They got the big tree, that grew in Awakening's other continent, making Valhart kinda a far decendant of Alm...?
Looking at rudolph, I can even imagine that. It's pretty crazy.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Edit: Gametime: Around 40 hours.
SpoilerEdit:
... did they semi-confirmed, that Awakening is literally the core-game of all?
They got the big tree, that grew in Awakening's other continent, making Valhart kinda a far decendant of Alm...?
Looking at rudolph, I can even imagine that. It's pretty crazy.
Valm was always supposed to be the same continent as Valentia. It makes sense that they made allusions to Awakening, expecially since Awakening had so much that needed explaining.

And remember that image depicting the war between Mila and Duma? You'll notice it has a Gryphon on it.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So i beat Echoes. The final battle was great, made even greater by the music that was playing in the background. Final boss himself wasn't that hard but he still provided a challenge since...
...after a certain point, only Alm with the Falchion can beat him

Now i'm in the post-game and...
...Thabes Labyrinth is the hardest part of the game. It starts easy but things start to get serious at floor 5. The worst part is that there are no save points.

Overall, the game gets a 9/10. All the characters are good (yes, even Faye), the story is decent, but the way it's presented makes it one of the best FE stories imo, and that unique flair the game had (HP Cost, no weapon triangle, etc) made it more enjoyable. The only thing that stops this game from getting a 10/10 is the random encounters on the world map. These are particularly common on Act 3.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm surprised the final map is being recieved so well.
One summoner I can deal with, but four of them? And they're calling in the most annoying enemies - witches and mogals - to boot. It felt more like mogal population control then an epic final battle.

I liked Echoes, but that didn't stop witches, mogals and swamp tiles from being a huge headache. And the final battle had all three.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm surprised the final map is being recieved so well.
One summoner I can deal with, but four of them? And they're calling in the most annoying enemies - witches and mogals - to boot. It felt more like mogal population control then an epic final battle.

I liked Echoes, but that didn't stop witches, mogals and swamp tiles from being a huge headache. And the final battle had all three.
They aren't actually that hard to deal with.
Like, Jedah is easily the biggest threat, followed by the Medusa Arcanist, which can actually be killed pretty easily.The trick to defeating Jedah is that, he can only be actually attacked after every three attacks. Thankfully, he doesn't move or engage you during the enemy phase. Marla and Hestia aren't that tough.

So like, just have Alm Scendscale Jedah. Bonus points if it's a crit (not that hard if Celica is near, because Alm gets a crazy crit bonus from her. A shame it isn't guaranteed like in Gaiden).

Invoke is broken on this map (as it is in every map). The AI in this game prioritizes illusion summons over your actual units. Even Duma himself does that (though he did kill Faye twice. Thank God for the Turnwheel).

Also, i'm i the only one who didn't have any problem with the swamp maps? I mean...
Falcon Knight Palla+forged Blessed Lance kills every Terror, including Necrodragons, except Fiends. She also takes little damage in return, except from Fiends. Fiends are actually scary. You can basically only kill them with Seraphim.
All of this was done on Hard btw.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
They aren't actually that hard to deal with.
Like, Jedah is easily the biggest threat, followed by the Medusa Arcanist, which can actually be killed pretty easily.The trick to defeating Jedah is that, he can only be actually attacked after every three attacks. Thankfully, he doesn't move or engage you during the enemy phase. Marla and Hestia aren't that tough.

So like, just have Alm Scendscale Jedah. Bonus points if it's a crit (not that hard if Celica is near, because Alm gets a crazy crit bonus from her. A shame it isn't guaranteed like in Gaiden).

Invoke is broken on this map (as it is in every map). The AI in this game prioritizes illusion summons over your actual units. Even Duma himself does that (though he did kill Faye twice. Thank God for the Turnwheel).

Also, i'm i the only one who didn't have any problem with the swamp maps? I mean...
Falcon Knight Palla+forged Blessed Lance kills every Terror, including Necrodragons, except Fiends. She also takes little damage in return, except from Fiends. Fiends are actually scary. You can basically only kill them with Seraphim.
All of this was done on Hard btw.
Oh, it's not difficulty I have a problem with. I've cleared Conquest Lunatic twice - I love a good challenge.

My real issue is that cantors and mogals can get tedius. This can be counteracted if you move quickly enough, but that's where that nasty swamp kicks in. I swear, swamp and desert tiles exist for making fights drag on longer then they have to.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Honestly:
The swamp tiles weren't annoying at the final map. About the other swamp-maps tho... screw em. So stupid, as they -.always- have archers, except the introduction map with jedah. I benched almost all my falcon knights with the exception of my royal blondie, since she got huge supports with too many people, and evaded Duma like 5 times in a row. She took it like a champ.
Unlike some LOLI MAGE, who had to die 2 turns before I won... Thank god for revive-waters.
And Zachmac, I understand you fully. There is challanging, like getting the dracoshield early. And then, there is just unfair, like fog of war (which thank god isn't in this game), swamp tiles with almost everywhere range and multiplying enemies, ect.

My hardest map tho was:
Fear mountain summit. Medusa tome with that range... and jesus, unaproachable. I took 30+ turns just to take people out with my archer + mage-ring ranged mages. Such a pain.
How do you rate the difficulty in general tho? Imo it wasn't that hard, but then again, this was my first Fire emblem I did cleared on hard... aside of revelations.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Honestly:
The swamp tiles weren't annoying at the final map. About the other swamp-maps tho... screw em. So stupid, as they -.always- have archers, except the introduction map with jedah. I benched almost all my falcon knights with the exception of my royal blondie, since she got huge supports with too many people, and evaded Duma like 5 times in a row. She took it like a champ.
Unlike some LOLI MAGE, who had to die 2 turns before I won... Thank god for revive-waters.

My hardest map tho was:
Fear mountain summit. Medusa tome with that range... and jesus, unaproachable. I took 30+ turns just to take people out with my archer + mage-ring ranged mages. Such a pain.
How do you rate the difficulty in general tho? Imo it wasn't that hard, but then again, this was my first Fire emblem I did cleared on hard... aside of revelations.
Wait, you didn't use the Turnwheel to save Delthea then?

Anyway, Nuibaba's Mansion wasn't that hard for me although we did have different strategies for it. What i did was, Silque warped Alm to Nuibaba. Alm then used Double Lion. Then, regardless of whether that killed Nuibaba or not, i had Faye Rescue Alm so that he wouldn't be hit by Medusa+the other enemies inside the manor. Rinse and repeat until Nuibaba is dead. Also rinse and repeat for the Cantor.
Anyway, in terms of difficutly on Hard, i'd say a comparison to FE7 Eliwood Hard Mode is fair.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Wait, you didn't use the Turnwheel to save Delthea then?

Anyway, Nuibaba's Mansion wasn't that hard for me although we did have different strategies for it. What i did was, Silque warped Alm to Nuibaba. Alm then used Double Lion. Then, regardless of whether that killed Nuibaba or not, i had Faye Rescue Alm so that he wouldn't be hit by Medusa+the other enemies inside the manor. Rinse and repeat until Nuibaba is dead. Also rinse and repeat for the Cantor.
Anyway, in terms of difficutly on Hard, i'd say a comparison to FE7 Eliwood Hard Mode is fair.
Fair. And... I said, I used up all my turnwheels up, because I started the fight without too many charges left. I forgott to refill them. And couldn't leave the fight.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
After one week, I finally beat Fire Emblem Echoes this morning.

I actually started the final map last night, then put my 3DS in sleep mode for the night so that I could get some good sleep, and finished it shortly after waking up.

Get out of here Id~Purpose~ and End of All. Twilight of the Gods is my new favorite final map theme in Fire Emblem:

Seriously, THIS is how you compose a final boss track!

What I really loved about this map is that when you first select your units when the battle starts, they each have something to say either to Jedah or Duma, or they talk about how the continent shouldn't be ruled by gods. All of them have a unique way of how they say it, and they really pep you into the battle. My favorite has to be Conrad's: "Duma... O ancient benefactor. Consider this is an act of mercy. A great god is deserving of a great and glorious end." Sounds pretty poetic. Forsyth, Python, Mathilda, Saber, Mae, and Sonya's quotes were awesome too.

My team for this battle: Alm, Celica, Lukas, Forsyth, Python, Mathilda, Delthea, Clair, Clive, Dread Fighter!Gray, Silque, Tatiana, Saber, Mae, Sonya, Dread Fighter!Atlas, Leon, Est, Catria, and Conrad.

The battle was pretty difficult even on Normal Classic, but it was still duable. Lukas, Forsyth, and Clive handled the two Dread Fighters on the left side of the map. Delthea got a KO on the Gold Knight, and then Silque (protected by her Invoke units) warped her away. Clair and most of Celica's units took care of the initial chunk of Moghalls. When it finally came time to take out Jedah, I had to rely on Leon to stall out the curse. Jedah even scored a crit on him at one point, so I had to use Mila's Turnwheel to reverse that. Once Alms units caught up, Python, Delthea, and even Celica helped in stalling out the Curse. It was Mathilda who ultimately killed Jedah. She was the most reliable in getting the job done.

I didn't have any trouble taking out the two Bow Knights, but it was in the second half of the battle dealing with the Medusa Arcanist, Hestia, and Marla when it got difficult. Conrad died at one point because I accidentally put him in range of Medusa and a Witch followed up with a kill, so Mila's Turnwheel came to the Rescue again. Luckily, he took everything else like a champ. Python and Leon worked together to take out Hestia. When it was time to take out the Medusa!Arcanist, I had Python use his Silver Bow art to cancel the Arcanist's attack so that I could safely follow up with Leon and Set for the kill. The Invoke Dread Fighters eventually killed Marla as well. Tatiana was also very clutch in dealing with the Earthquakes.

That left only Duma. It took a while to take him down. Invoke Dread Fighters and Pegasus Knights, as well as Python, Leon, and Set did most of the damaging. Even Catria tried to lower his HP, but she got KOd in the enemy phase when I expected him to go after one of my Invoke units. Oh well, at least Mila's Turnwheel saved the day. Once his HP was low enough to the point no one could attack him but Alm, I had to heal him with Celica and Silque every turn because he wasn't landing the crit to finish Duma off. After about 3-4 turns, Alm finally got the kill on Duma.

In all, the battle was difficult and got annoying at times, especially when dealing with Duma, but I'd say this is up there for one of my favorite final maps of the FE games played, tied with Revelation's end-game map

As for overall thoughts on the game:

Really enjoyed this game overall.
  • Story: Definitely a huge improvement from Awakening and Fates. Really great world building, especially when it came to visiting the villages and dungeons. The overall conflict felt like Nohr vs Hoshido done right: both kingdoms have their faults and not necessarily all that they seem. Only issues I can think of in regards to the story is how Celica is treated in Act 4 and 5 (though that's also more of a character complaint as well) and some of the characters mysteriously had X-ray vision with seeing Alm's concealed Brand (such as Berkut in Act 2). There are a few other issues here and there, but I enjoyed it overall.
  • Gameplay: It's pretty enjoyable and offers a pretty good challenge, even on Normal!Classic. I wish there was more mission variety consider "Rout the Enemy" appears pretty often. I also wished the map design was better in most parts. Many of the maps were mainly big, open plains. I'd say even Birthright, while it too suffered from lack of mission variety, had better map design since big, open fields weren't that common. Granted, it is a remake of an NES game, so I can understand why Echoes was like that. The dungeon exploring was also pretty good too, even suspenseful at times in the case of the final dungeon.
  • Music: Fantastic overall. Berkut's second battle theme, King Rudolph's theme, and the final map theme are among my favorites thus far.
  • Characters: Awesome voice-acting. I love how all character lines are voiced now, and I hope this returns in future installments. The cast is very enjoyable as well. There are very few characters that I dislike this time around. The only characters that I did not like at all were Faye and Fernand. My top three favorite characters in Echoes would definitely go to Python, Forsyth, and Conrad. I see myself in both Python and Forsyth's personalities, and I love the dynamic the two have. Conrad was a pretty cool character too with a great backstory and an interesting personality that varied depending on whether or not he wears the mask (both badass and dorky at the same time). Other favorites of mine include Mathilda, Gray, Tobin, Lukas, Clive, Clair, Saber, Boey, Mae, Leon, Atlas, Sonya. I'd say Alm is up there for one of my favorite lords in the series alongside Chrom (Corrin is pretty low, while I'm currently indifferent to Eirika and Ephraim; I'll need to advance further into Sacred Stones to gain a better opinion on them)
My best units on Alm's army were Forsyth, Python, Mathilda, Lukas, Clair, Tobin, Gray, Kliff, and Delthea (she is devastating with a Mage Ring). While Clive started out lackluster, mine ended up being surprisingly good later in the game, though part of the reason could be that I invested all of the speed fountain points in that one dungeon for him, and combined with a few lucky level ups, he even had higher speed than Mathilda. Honestly, pretty much all of Alm's units never let me down.

On Celica's army, my best units were Saber (definitely the best Dread Fighter), Dread Fighter!Atlas, Mae, Boey, Leon, Kamui, Jesse, Est, Catria, Sonya, and Conrad. Dread Fighter!Atlas hits like a truck and was even capable of withstanding hits. Boey was surprisingly fast in my playthrough with pretty good speed. Conrad was a pretty good Cavalier from my experience. I grinded him up in the Treescape so that he would promote before tackling the second to last map before Duma Tower, and he was very reliable in the following battles, especially in the Duma Tower dungeon. I'd say my Conrad was only outclassed by Mathilda in the Cavalier department.

In all, this was quite a fun game. I'll need to finish Sacred Stones first to see which one I like more, but I will say that I enjoy both games much more than Awakening and the three versions of Fates. I'll try to tackle the post-game dungeon now, though I fear I won't be able to beat it because of how hard it is.

Troykv

Smash Master
Poor Celica, even if you get prettier, the game had to make you even dumber... I don't know if is because of the contrast with her and Alm, or because of the plot points.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I've already posted my overall thoughts on Echoes but i'm gonna go into more detail. I didn't before because i kinda needed to prep for the final exams today. Oh btw, schools out. Yay! Also, there will be some memes at the end. Look forward to that.
So, the story, as i mentioned before is decent. However, factor in the presentation, and it becomes probably one of the best FE stories in my book. There were some dumb things, such as Rudolf's plan basically relying on luck (like, what if Alm died before he left Ram? What if Alm was killed before he reached Rigel Castle? What then?) or the part in Act 4 where the pendant that Alm got from Celica saves him and the Deliverance from the curse Berkut unleashed. That part bothers me a lot because there was never any indication that the pendant had any powers. Other than that, the story is solid. Some people don't like that Celica basically pulled an Eirika in Act 4 but being naive is a flaw. It's weird because, after Corrin, people were desperately wanting a Lord who has flaws and then Echoes!Celica comes along, with flaws, and people get upset. I guess being naive is a flaw people don't like.
This is my favorite cast right here. There were barely any characters i disliked, and regarding the playable cast itself, i think they were all good characters, including Faye. In terms of the characters i didn't like, they are Fernand and Deen. Fernand is just a massive jerk the entire way. I mean, he redeems himself in the final moments but c'mon. I get it, his entire family was killed but that's no reason to act so jerkishly towards commoners. I'll give Fernand this: he's actually a proper villain compared to stuff like Garon. Deen, the only playable character i don't like, is just an edgelord. I mean, i like my fair share of edgelords, as long as they have something going for them. Gunvolt is arguably an edgelord but he has his funny moments. Copen is also an edgelord but he's also doing his best to protect his sister. But Deen has nothing. Even Navarre, the OG Fire Emblem edgelord, had something going for him, in his case, being honorable enough to not hurt women and children. I think the thing that sealed the nail in Deen's coffin was his post-battle mourn quote. So basically, if you let a character die, some of the characters that survived will react to it. There are character specific ones too, such as Est being absolutely devastated by the death of her sister(s). But Deen? All he says is "War is death. You can mourn later." Deen pls.

While i don't dislike her, Rinea was........just there. Outside of a Memory Prism, we don't really know much about Rinea. She barely appears in the story. She was just there to add to Berkut's character, honestly.

For the record, i don't hate Fernand or Deen. They are just my least favorites here. I don't hate them like i would hate Tharja or Peri.

Also for the record, i recruited Sonya instead of Deen.
Ok, i'm gonna get the bad part out of the way first. I hate Arcanists. On Hard Mode, those guys are bulky and they hit like a truck. The battle at Mila's Temple and the second Alm battle of Act 3 were my least favorite maps.

On to the good stuff: I liked the maps. While the maps themselves were bland, i like how they really made you think about your formation and terrain. Attacking castles felt like attacking castles. The enemy had the advantage when you attacked a castle and that's good. It's their castle, they are supposed to have the advantage. Archers are actually threats this time, even if their hit-rates are a little shaky. I really hope their long range returns in future FEs. Echoes Archers are probably the series' best Archers. The lack of the Weapon Triangle made me realize how it little the Weapon Triangle added to the strategy in other FEs. In most games, it was just "oh, here come some some axe guys, i'll just send my Myrmidon to deal with them." That doesn't work in Echoes. And in most games, the Weapon Triangle didn't matter much in the late-game, except against bosses. HP Magic Cost was a perfect balance to make sure that magic wasn't broken, because magic in Echoes is pretty powerful.

Special shoutout to the combat animations. I'd say they are on the same level as the GBA combat animations. They are just that good.
10/10. That's all i need to say about the music. Ok, i'll talk about my absolute favorites.
  • Twilight of the Gods (final map theme)
  • Lord of a Dead Empire (Rudolf map theme)
  • The Sacrifice and the Saint (Celica map theme staring in Act 4)
  • With Mila's Divine Protection
  • The Ark of Dawn (Act 2 world map theme)
  • A Song for Bygone Days (Act 4 world map theme)

I played the game on Hard/Classic
Alm's route MVPs
  • Alm. Double Lion is just too good. And once he promotes, he's the only character in the entire game to have two physical weapon types. Honestly, it got to a point where Alm's HP rarely dropped below half. He could take on 3rd-Tier units by himself. Also, shield drop.
  • Mage!Kliff. I was originally going to go Archer!Kliff but i went with the canon classes first (except for Faye, who was a Cleric). Kliff has the best variety of spells and he was pretty adaptable. Excalibur is like, the best spell in the game.
  • Cleric!Faye. Going in, i knew Faye's best class was Cleric. What i didn't know was just how good Cleric!Faye is. Learning Physic at Lv.6 was just mmmmmmmm. And the Support boosts she gets from Alm are broken. They boost her hit-rate to the point where Nosferatu is actually reliable and the best part is that she has a good defense growth, so she's actually capable of Nosfertanking. She does lose Avoid when Supporting with Alm but honestly, that was a balancing thing to keep the Support boosts she gets from Alm from being too broken. She was probably the best unit on Alm's route in my playthrough, falling only behind Alm himself.
  • Mathilda. She's probably the best Cavalier in the game. Give her a good forged lance and she gets even better. Now if only Clive was actually a good unit as well. Then those two could fullly benefit from their Support boosts.
  • Clair. She started off a bit shaky but she was pretty useful in taking out cavaliers in Act 3, since i gave her the Ridersbane. She also got a decent amount of crits when near Gray. Once promoted into Falcon Knight, she was pretty good at handling Terrors as well.
  • Tatiana. She has Fortify.
  • Gray. He was especially the MVP for Act 1. His usefulness did drop a bit afterwards though, likely because the Lightning Sword isn't all that great past Act 1 and he held on to it for too long.
Celica's route MVPs
  • Celica. While she isn't as good as Alm, she is much more adaptable to situations, and being able to target resistance in this game is always a good thing. She's also one of two units to learn Ragnarok, the other being Delthea. Celica also learns Excalibur and Recover, making her a second healer.
  • Genny. Invoke spam. Nuff said. She was a bit underleveld though, because Invoke spam does not get you EXP.
  • Saber. Once this guy promotes into Dread Fighter, he just becomes too good. He gets crits left and right and is pretty useful for taking out Cantors and Arcanists.
  • Leon. I think he was the best Archer for me in the entire game. Tobin was in second place and Python just kinda sucked. Leon was able to double consistently for me. If he has a Silver Bow, he can learn Ward Shot, which is basically Silence in arrow form. Useful for delaying a Cantor's summons or stopping an Arcanist from killing you.
  • Mae. She learns such good spells early on and she was the first of Celica's starting team to promote.
  • Palla. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of all the Terrors Palla has killed. Seriously, Falcon Knight Palla+forged Blessed Lance=Terror Slayer. She's even capable of ORKO'ing Necrodragons. The only Terrors she couldn't kill were Fiends. Palla basically soloed most of Act 4 on Celica's side.
  • Conrad. The Support boosts he gets from Celica+the Blessed Lance he has is always a good thing on a path filled with Terrors. I made sure to promote him before leaving the Lost Woods Treescape.
  • Atlas. So Atlas was actually better than most people say he is. I made him a Mercenary. He did pretty fine with a Silver Sword.

And now for the best one

Last edited:

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
I've already posted my overall thoughts on Echoes but i'm gonna go into more detail. I didn't before because i kinda needed to prep for the final exams today. Oh btw, schools out. Yay! Also, there will be some memes at the end. Look forward to that.
So, the story, as i mentioned before is decent. However, factor in the presentation, and it becomes probably one of the best FE stories in my book. There were some dumb things, such as Rudolf's plan basically relying on luck (like, what if Alm died before he left Ram? What if Alm was killed before he reached Rigel Castle? What then?) or the part in Act 4 where the pendant that Alm got from Celica saves him and the Deliverance from the curse Berkut unleashed. That part bothers me a lot because there was never any indication that the pendant had any powers. Other than that, the story is solid. Some people don't like that Celica basically pulled an Eirika in Act 4 but being naive is a flaw. It's weird because, after Corrin, people were desperately wanting a Lord who has flaws and then Echoes!Celica comes along, with flaws, and people get upset. I guess being naive is a flaw people don't like.
It has become very clear to me that the fan base doesn't know what they want in a character. They get very upset when characters do any sort of bad/questionable decision (Eirika, Corrin, Celica, Micaiah), while the typical badass hero is usually highly praised. In other words, claim they want characters with flaws but end up disliking said characters with flaws.

As for Echoes, it's pretty cool. Almost done with it. Maybe I'll share my thoughts when I do.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'd argue she wasn't totally dumb to believe Jedah, actually. Even if he was totally evil, I think he actually did believe that Rigel couldn't survive withought Duma. The famine in Zofia when Mila disappeared was proof of that to both him and Celica.

On the other hand, though, she probably should of stopped cooperating when she saw that he lied to her about Mila. But I suppose it was already too late at that point.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I'd argue she wasn't totally dumb to believe Jedah, actually. Even if he was totally evil, I think he actually did believe that Rigel couldn't survive withought Duma. The famine in Zofia when Mila disappeared was proof of that to both him and Celica.

On the other hand, though, she probably should of stopped cooperating when she saw that he lied to her about Mila. But I suppose it was already too late at that point.
But she even yelled "Aaaaaalm...!" After discovering that he lied about mila.

Nah

Smash Champion
mmm all these spoiler tags I can't open yet

But I'm pretty sure that something's up with the RNG in this game. Ever since I started I've been getting way more crits than I should when people's crit %s typically vary between 0 and 10, and way more misses on stuff 70%+ than seems normal. Given that this continues to happen I doubt it's a coincidence or something

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
mmm all these spoiler tags I can't open yet

But I'm pretty sure that something's up with the RNG in this game. Ever since I started I've been getting way more crits than I should when people's crit %s typically vary between 0 and 10, and way more misses on stuff 70%+ than seems normal. Given that this continues to happen I doubt it's a coincidence or something
Well, on Hard Mode, enemies have a very low luck stat, so crits are more common. As for the misses....well, that's just RNG. I believe in Fates, the RNG worked like this: a 90% was actually a 97%. Or something like that. In Echoes, a 90% is a 90%.

Nah

Smash Champion
Well, on Hard Mode, enemies have a very low luck stat, so crits are more common. As for the misses....well, that's just RNG. I believe in Fates, the RNG worked like this: a 90% was actually a 97%. Or something like that. In Echoes, a 90% is a 90%.
I'm playing on Normal though. It's also like an absurd number of crits too, it hasn't been uncommon for me to get like....15 or so of them in a day, all from low crit chances.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Ya'll still play Heroes, right? Today I learned that when you have a quest to defeat X character with Y character, X character will suicide on Z character to not give you that reward.
I had both my 2* lv20 Alfonse and my 5*lv40mother****inhector on Narcian's range, he chose to attack Alonse, I attacked back with him in the next turn, then he suicided on Hector despite the AI having defined that Alfonse was the best target before.
Ok, Alfonse does have triangle advantage over him after all, Hector doesn't. So next time I moved Hector away from his range.
And he suicided on my Eliwood instead.
Y u do dis to me, gaem?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I see there are a few of y'all that already finished with Echoes while I'm just sitting here taking my sweet time playing through the game. I've put in like 20 hours into it and I'm almost finished with Act 3 while I also had to deal with enemy respawns, which I see as an opportunity to level grind my characters, which there are a few I like and a few I don't like for reasons I'm gonna keep to myself.

That RNGoddess sure has ways of ****in' with everyone's minds with her cruelty. I've been getting way too many missed shots with hit rates above 75%, which is really frustrating. I also had to reset and start a battle over again every time a character (especially the ones I like) ends up dying. I can't afford to lose anyone right now.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Ya'll still play Heroes, right?
I still play it but at the moment, not as much. I log in every day for the log-in bonuses and some arena fights but that's it. Although.....

Wedding Banner confirmed. These brides will be arriving on May 30th. We don't know who they actually are though but the one on the left looks like Lyn.

Edit:
I also had to reset and start a battle over again every time a character (especially the ones I like) ends up dying. I can't afford to lose anyone right now.
There's no need to reset an entire battle because Mila's Turnwheel exists.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yeah, Echoes has been my main focus, but I haven't quit with Heroes entirely.

I managed to roll a 5-star Mae, which is cool, because my only 5-star Blue Mage was the more specialized Robin.

I upgraded Jeorge to 5-stars just before Echoes' release, and he's been kicking butt with Darting Blow + Eirika's buffs. He let me beat Narcian on hard.
I know but I'm saving that for later.
It resets after every overworld battle or dungeon.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I know but I'm saving that for later.
Like Zachmac said, the Turnwheel resets every time you return to the world map. You really only need to save it for the final three dungeons since the Turnwheel doesn't reset after every dungeon battle because you're still in the dungeon, not the world map, though two of the three final dungeons have a Mila Statue that will allow you to recharge the Turnwheel. The final dungeon, being in the post game, has no Mila Statue and given how hard the place is, you basically have to do everything right in one go if you don't want to get rekt by the superboss at the end.

The post-game superboss is Grima. And unlike in Awakening, Grima is actually a challenge. For starters, he moves, like every boss in Echoes. Second, he has a 1-5 attack range. Third, he has Dragonskin, except you have no way of bypassing it like you could in Awakening with the Exalted and Parallel Falchions. And no, the Valentian Falchion does not deal bonus damage against Dragons, mainly because Dragons are so rare. I'm referring to Fire Dragons and Dagons (basically water dragons) btw. Necro and White Dragons are counted as Terrors, not Dragons.

Grima also has a passive Art known as Dark Spikes which basically damage any of your units that are in his range. And if that wasn't enough, he has Anathema, which lowers your units Avoid by 20 if they are within three spaces near him.

Yeah, Grima isn't messing around this time. I mean, you could always spam Invoke though. Even Grima will go after any Invoked units, even if Grima can easily kill one of your actual units.

Last edited:
Top Bottom