• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Indeed there is. Would be silly if not, considering there is no PvP or more replayability.
That's an interesting thought considering some games are not meant to be replayed once completed...at least that's how I see it.
Regardless, I'll just wait and see what I'll be doing once I finish the game, which I'm just gonna take my time with.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I just saw Samus players winning both Melee and Wii U in Combo Breaker and ZSS winning Wii U in MomoCon, all while oatsngoats stream his weekly 2D Metroid marathon, all in one day.
And I even saw Friday for the first time, at MomoCon too, a Charizard taking a Pokkén tournament. And all of them got to Grand Finals from the Winners bracket!
Damn.... that was a good weekend.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
This thread hasn't been giving me notifications lately. Oh well, seems like I didn't miss much.

Here are the Brides.

Also, Charolette's Heroes debut.
I'm surprised we're getting Charlotte so soon, but considering that she had a Cipher promo featuring her with a bridal gown, seems like she would fit perfectly with this banner.

It's also worth noting she is now the second character to debut in a seasonal-themed banner before featuring the real character itself, the first being Xander. Considering the real Xander was obtainable a short time after the Spring Banner ended, something tells me the real Charlotte could be obtainable in the near future, except unlike Xander, she'll probably be released in a banner rather than in a Grand Hero Battle.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm not even going to watch the trailer. Just seeing the thumbnail makes me cringe. I'll just try to block this event from my mind.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Lady Lyndis had the funniest line out of every character presented lmao and her battle scream sounded like haruhi from the meloncholy of haruhi >>

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh wait, the first girl is Caeda? I thought it was Lucina at first. I really thought they were going to actually milk the Lucina fandom for two of these events in a row.

D

Deleted member

I'm just going to ignore this event, as tempting as it might be to test my luck on the banner.
All of the units seem to be underwhelming in my opinion and I don't really need any one of them to fulfill a niche (I have many good blue mages, I have Azura and Effie, I don't use staff users, and I don't use any bow character that isn't Takumi).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Here are the Brides.

Also, Charolette's Heroes debut.
Not interested in this event, no matter how gorgeous Caeda and Lyn look in those dresses. I don't care about Charlotte because I can't stand her. Where's Eirika though?

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
So, how's everyone? I really liked Echoes, I finished it a few days ago. The presentation was top notch, and the voice acting was among the best in the series. I thought the story was quite good too, with better motivation for a lot of the enemies than have appeared in recent games. While I thought Rudolf looked like Garon, he was 100x better...

Also, who else enjoys the overclasses? ...No one? Well, at least I think most of them are pretty cool. They're completely unnecessary for the main game, but they're great for the post-game dungeon. Also, Tatiana in the Exemplar class is just Palutena. Which is awesome!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The overclasses do seem cool, but they're really overpriced. I'm not going to waste my money on them when they don't come with any meaningful content.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So the Fire Emblem Heroes update has been datamined. In it, they revealed all the artworks for the bride characters. They also revealed the next Grand Hero Battle will feature Camus.

More interestingly though, you know how 5 stars have special dialogue when they reach Level 40? Well...

They revealed the Level 40 dialogue for the upcoming focus characters. I think a lot of you might find it... entertaining:

What does love mean to you? Tell me, <player>. As long as the person I love is safe and happy... That's really all that matters to me. Wearing this dress got me thinking, though. When they wed, two people vow to make each other happy. If I were to die... I'm sure that the person I love would be sad. I wonder... Is that what love is? Love isn't as simple as it seems. And I'm sure we all feel it differently... What does love mean to you? Please, if you would, share your thoughts with me.
Are you going to summon a Hero? Oh, please! Let me come too! C'mon, <player>! Picture this: Someone tall and handsome, strong yet gentle, VERY rich... and single. My destined one! WHAT? It doesn't work that way? What is that thing even good for, then? Never mind. But even without a man like that, I do have a friend in you, don't I? Love fades, but friendship is forever. In other words... for now, you'll do. Enough talk! It's time for action. Make way for the Bride of the Battlefield!
Oh, sorry. I was staring at you. You just remind me of someone I know, <player>. My husband? You're kidding, right? No, another tactician. We helped each other out, and we traveled a long way together... That friendship means a lot to me. I'm not sure if you're that much alike, but spending time with you does make me happy. If you feel the same, I hope we're never separated... That sounds like a proposal? Of course it isn't! Why would you even think that?
And the best for last...
I've finished my patrol. I've checked our supplies, too. I've been looking for you, <player>. What? That's not a job for a bride? Don't kid around. You know I'm a soldier. Wait.. Is it that you don't want me to spoil my dress? I'm right? Er... How embarrassing! But thanks for the compliment, all the same. Well, why not? You've been so nice to me... I'll try being a bride for you. Ha! You're blushing! How cute. Shall we walk onto the battlefield, arm-in-arm? Maybe we do make a good couple...

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So, how's everyone? I really liked Echoes, I finished it a few days ago. The presentation was top notch, and the voice acting was among the best in the series. I thought the story was quite good too, with better motivation for a lot of the enemies than have appeared in recent games. While I thought Rudolf looked like Garon, he was 100x better...

Also, who else enjoys the overclasses? ...No one? Well, at least I think most of them are pretty cool. They're completely unnecessary for the main game, but they're great for the post-game dungeon. Also, Tatiana in the Exemplar class is just Palutena. Which is awesome!
I'm really enjoying Echoes myself too. While I'm not finished with it yet, the game already made an impression on me. Character dialogues being fully voiced is perhaps the best part of the game, in my opinion. Some of the characters are great as well (Saber and Python are my favorite dudes while Mae and Palla are my favorite ladies).

And I'm skipping the DLCs for this game. I'm not saying they're bad or anything, I'm just not interested in those.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
And there I thought the bride banner was bad... Until a friend of mine picked up -hp +spd cordelia, a literal bow-goddess.

She's basically a quadtsuna, with more attack.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
thisGameHatesMe.gif

Speaking of hate, Zach will be happy to see new matrimonial stages starting to show up in his plays....
And finally;
Oh, yes, hell yes I will use you in my army again after you change back from that silly dress.... you can be assured.

And Marth confirmed in FE Warriors, so surprise, everybody, I guess?
Wait, you want a real surprise? Well, the game will offer characters from only three games.... and my excitement for the game plummet....
My next surprise will be if the game actually have more Fire Emblem character than Smash 4 does now....

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Here are the two Famitsu scans revealing the new Warriors info.

First, the main protagonists: the twins Shion and Lana.

And here's the Marth scan:

The top-right of the page mentions the Kingdom of Idris is engulfed in a war. I'm willing to bet Shion and Lana are Idrisian royalty.

We also see an image of Marth shaking hands with an unknown character.

UPDATE: Here's that unknown character that appears on the scans:

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Here are the two Famitsu scans revealing the new Warriors info.

First, the main protagonists: the twins Shion and Lana.

And here's the Marth scan:

The top-right of the page mentions the Kingdom of Idris is engulfed in a war. I'm willing to bet Shion and Lana are Idrisian royalty.

We also see an image of Marth shaking hands with an unknown character.

UPDATE: Here's that unknown character that appears on the scans:

Shion and Lana do look a little bland, so i kinda get the feeling that they'll be customizable. I mean, hey, since this game is having the Weapon Triangle and Support Conversations, that idea is possible.

Slightly disapointed the main story will focus on Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates characters but it's not a deal-breaker for me, especially given everything else we know about it now. They confirmed a fully-voice script btw.

Seriously though, Serenes is going nuts about the whole "mostly Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates characters" thing. 90% of the comments are basicslly "boo, my favorite character didn't get in, this game sucks, no buy!" It feels like the pre-release and DLC days of Smash 4 again. And since it's a Warriors game, there's bound to be DLC featuring characters from other games. People, calm down, honestly.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I just realized, Lana is the name of the original Hyrule Warriors character too.... that's interesting. I wonder if we will get some sort "other lives" story from that character, similar to the Rhajat-Tharja situation in Fates.
And yes, she looks bland here.

D

Deleted member

I do find it to be a massive shame that the only games represented would be Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates. It could change with DLC, but I know some people won't like the exclusions of characters like Ike, Lyn, and Roy.

For now, I hope that Takumi is in the base game and, if he is, I will buy Warriors. He's the only character that I want.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'd be a lot more disappointed by this news if I didn't already see it coming. Here's too hoping we'll see representation for the other games through DLC. I actually like Awakening and Fates a lot more then I sometimes let on, so this won't stop me from getting the game at all.

I'm also 99% certain the Nohr and Hoshido princes will get in, based of the initial teaser, and it's looking pretty good for the princesses as well.

Meanwhile, I got over my initial gut feelings about the whole bride thing. I guess the Easter event and Awakening both left such bad tastes in my mouth that I expected the worst. Still not a fan, but I didn't find myself cringing as much as I expected. And Lyn's skillset actually seems pretty interesting. It seems like she's designed just for countering Vantage and Quick Riposte. Too bad she's only available for a limited time.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Honestly, I personally don't buy warriorgames for the fanservice/characters, but purely for the addicting fun gameplay. When they got a character ala "young link" or "summoning lana" in this game, then all the power for it.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Just like what Hyrule Warriors had where the initial focus of Zelda games where Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword, we have Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates as the focus on FE Warriors. A shame that it doesn't look like Canas, or Nino would be playable.

HOWEVER, the whole "We don't want to have too many sword fighters" is bull**** when these two OCs we have are both sword fighters. They could have at least pulled a Heroes where there are three OCs each specializing in either sword, lance, or axe.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
HOWEVER, the whole "We don't want to have too many sword fighters" is bull**** when these two OCs we have are both sword fighters.
Smash 4 fans: We have too many sword fighters!
Fire Emblem fans: nah man, sword fighters take up the least amount of slots

IS and Koei Tecmo: If we used characters from every game, then there'd be too many sword fighters
Fire Emblem fans: THAT'S BULL****, THERE ARE SO MANY OPTIONS

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that IS and Koei Tecmo's excuse was dumb, but just look at how the glorious meme has come full circle.

Nah

Smash Champion
It doesn't really bother me that only 3 games are getting rep, not that I'd say no to characters from other games in the series getting in. I just wanna know how large the playable roster is/who's getting in. That and a release date.

Kinda wish that they would've revealed more than Marth (and the new original characters). Everyone and their father's cousin's former roommate knew Marth was getting in.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Kinda wish that they would've revealed more than Marth (and the new original characters). Everyone and their father's cousin's former roommate knew Marth was getting in.
We do have E3 coming up, so I'm sure we will have more info about FE: Warriors and character reveals then.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Oh yeah, development of the base game of FE Warriors is 70% complete. I say "base game" because DLC is practically guaranteed for this game.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I doubt the sword excuse is the full reason. I imagine they just didn't want to spread things too thin. Representing every game fairly would be a total nightmare. Besides, it'd be silly to, say, include Ephraim and Hector but leave out Eirika, Lyn and Eliwood.

Having two sword-wielding OCs is really different from having every sword-wielding lord in the series.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The "too many sword fighters" excuse is getting old really fast it's not even funny.

They can put in as many of those as they want in FE Warriors, it ain't gonna stop me from potentially getting the game. I say "potentially" because I'm still not too certain if I'm gonna get it or not. Well, good thing E3 is approaching so there's bound to be some new details about it than some mere Famitsu scans.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Oh yeah. While I know some of you hate the brides, enjoy atleast this one.

Since Setsuna got quite a nice fanbase.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Oh yeah. While I know some of you hate the brides, enjoy atleast this one.

Since Setsuna got quite a nice fanbase.
Looks like it's drawn by that same artist that does all those fan arts of Azama x Setsuna I commonly find on Pixiv.

She looks pretty good in that wedding gown.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
is Echoes worth getting?
I would definitely recommend it. The cast of characters is fantastic outside of one or two, and the story, while still has some flaws of its own, is much better than Awakening and the three versions of Fates. Gameplay can be hit or miss since there are a chunk of maps that are open fields similar to Birthright and Awakening, but many of them do test your knowledge on terrain. The game also has a fantastic soundtrack.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
So I'm back. I still don't play Corrin, but I have a question:

is Echoes worth getting?
Even if you really dislike fire emblem in general, Echoes won't dissapoint. It got perfect pacing, doesn't 'require' grinding, but offers for your favourite unit to catch-up, and also has the best presentation&Voice-acting out of all 3ds games I have laid my eyes on.

Edit: Honestly, better voice-acting than most games in general. Kid-icarus is the closest thing comparable to it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom