• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I beat the Rise of the Deliverance DLC maps last night.

Really nice to see these maps had mission objectives that you didn't find in the game. Gameplay wise, my favorites have to be the the 2nd and 4th ones. The 2nd one has you talk to the ally soldiers and then escaping, and your only units were Lukas, Python, and Forsyth. The 4th map is a defend map, and it has you defending the castle for 9 turns using all of the Deliverance units from the previous DLC maps before.

Story-wise, I would definitely recommend buying all of them. They do a great job fleshing out all of the Deliverance characters more. The 1st Deliverance map shows more interactions between Clive and Fernand, giving us a better sense of how Fernand was like before his family was killed. His younger sister and brother was apparently 4 and 5 respectively at the time, and we see more of his friendly side. Though still very prideful, we do see him being more friendly to Clive. After the map finished, Fernand even questioned Clive if he would still be able to keep his promise to the traders as the two headed back to the castle, rather than ask him the question when the traders were still present. We also see Fernand loosen up in the two memory prisms you can unlock where he talks to Clair and Mathilda respectively. Both establish the close relationship he had with Clive.

Fernand doesn't have any contempt for the peasants shown at any point in this DLC chapter; the only time we see him being very resentful toward someone was to Slayde in the first map, and it's perfectly justified.

The second map gives more characterization from Python and Forsyth and shows their interactions with Lukas. Their interactions imply Python and Forsyth have just recently joined the Deliverance.

The game also reiterates Forsyth is a sensitive guy.

^How can you not to relate to that?

The third DLC map features Clair and Mathilda going into some underground shrine because Clair wants to find an Ancient Ring that grants total immunity to magic. Post-map dialogue reveals Clair wanted to deliver the ring as a gift to her brother. Finding the ring, however, triggers Terrors to appear, and it turns into an Escape map. Fun map it was. Clair is completely immune to all Magic attacks, while Mathilda wrecks foes apart like it's nothing. Their dialogue together was pretty good too. We get more bits and pieces that show Clair is very attached to her brother, to the point she will even get angry if someone else says they know Clive well better than she does. Mathilda's dialogue was pretty good too.

The final map brings all of the Deliverance units together for a Defend map. This DLC chapter reveals how the Deliverance were forced out of the castle and into their new hideout. You'd think with a huge flux of Rigelian soldiers, they would all be dead, right? Nope. Turns out it was Lukas who saved them, and man what a badass he is. He threatens Slayde and his group of Rigelian troops to let the Deliverance leave the castle safely or else the Rigelian civilians that were trying to leave Zofia will all be executed. Lukas shows what a star he was during it. When they all escaped, Fernand is furious that he wasn't informed about the plan (this DLC chapter also took place after Fernand's family was killed, so he how his personality changed), but Lukas it was for the best that very few to know about the plan.

And Python has some more funny dialogue during this chapter:

Overall, buy the Rise of the Deliverance maps. They do a great job fleshing out each of the Deliverance characters, especially Lukas. I have a feeling Lukas will become an even bigger fan-favorite after everyone plays those maps.

You can also unlock support conversations between Lukas & Forsyth, Lukas & Python, Mathilda & Clair, Clive & Forsyth, Clive & Python after completing the DLC. Here are each of the support conversations, starting with my favorite of the five: Lukas and Python's supports:

We learn more about Lukas's past, and Python gives some pretty good wisdom. Python also has a lot of hilarious moments during it.

The Lukas and Forsyth one was pretty good too:

This support reveals the two have contrasting backstories: Forsyth wanted to become a knight but his father wanted him to become a scholar, while Lukas was the opposite in relation to his father. We see more of Lukas' strict side, and we see Forsyth learn something out of his conversations with him.

Here is Clair and Matilda's supports:

No doubt they will be perfect sisters-in-law!

Here is Clive and Forsyth's supports:

Forsyth proves to be quite the relatable character in this support.

And last but certainly not least, Clive and Python's supports:

It was really great hearing Python and Clive talk about common folk and nobility together, and yet again, Python gives some sound words.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
So I'm back. I still don't play Corrin, but I have a question:

is Echoes worth getting?
Welcome back. Yes, Echoes is very good, definitely worth getting. The presentation is top notch, with excellent voice acting, music, and graphics. The story and characters are great. Some of the maps are sort of bland, but overall I thought the gameplay was good.

So has anyone tried the Camus GHB yet?
Yeah, I did it. It was pretty fun, although it's probably one of the more challenging ones. But now I have Camus, who's now rounding off the final slot on my Horse Emblem team! Xander, Camus, Cecilia w/Gronnblade, and Reinhardt.

Nah

Smash Champion
this swamp map on Celica's path

ew

like why does this exist

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
this swamp map on Celica's path

ew

like why does this exist
It honestly wasn't that bad for me because
Because people wants to force falcon knights.
Like, seriously, Falcon Knight Palla+forged Blessed Lance=Ultimate Terror Slayer (except Fiends).

Tbh, i had more problems with the battle at Mila's Temple.

Astellius

Smash Ace
My Horse Emblem team is all leveled up now, here it is:

Horse Emblem 1.jpg

I put a lot of work into this team, and it's really paid off! They're quite powerful, especially since I don't put money into the game. Camus doesn't have an assist or second level active skill yet, but that'll come. Fury is extremely good on him, and works well with Vantage. With his high speed (42 w/Hone buff), he'll double pretty much anything, so Quick Riposte seemed unnecessary.

I'll probably leave Cecilia permanently as a 4-star, since I have two more 3-star versions of her that I can promote and then merge onto her, if I want too. A 4-star +5 is the equivalent of a 5-star, but it costs much less feathers. She's extremely powerful as it is. When buffed with Hone, Fortify, and Goad, her attack power soars to 74 (!!!), which is sufficient to kill Hector with one shot, and her speed on the offensive reaches 43, so she'll even double -- and kill -- a 5-star Caeda with a neutral nature. So much for the weapon triangle!

Reinhardt is a known killing machine, even with his -Atk nature. And Xander is insanely tanky. Most physical attacks won't hurt him, even lances are a joke.

So there it is!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wow, how come Smashboards failed to send me notifications from this thread? That wasn't very nice...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've gotten to a point in Heroes where I'm rarely getting new characters when I roll. I actually wish there were more 3-star-fodder characters, at least I'd be getting someone new when I don't get a rare character. It's made getting orbs far less exciting.

And even though I really want 5-star Olwen, Tiki, and Jaffar from the current banner, buying orbs is looking less tempting then ever when I might not even get a character I don't already have.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Getting characters I already have basically means more hero feathers and/or more skills to pass over to those that need it, I really don't care who I get anymore unless it's a new character (especially if it's the one I've been waiting for). Otherwise, I'll just hold on to my multiple ones before I decide to send them away. As far as my recent activity with Heroes is concerned, I recently promoted Raven to a 5-star unit and now level grinding him.

I really haven't played much of Heroes these days (other than at work) because of Echoes of course, which I'm just about finishing up on Act 4...and please, don't get me started with the swamp maps on Celica's path. My units other than the Whitewings couldn't do **** without hurting themselves in there... Anyways, I predict I'll be able to complete the game by this weekend.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Ok, the Camus GHB is probably the hardest so far. I'm having trouble on both difficulties.

Edit: Nvm. I swaped out Merric for Eliwood. Eliwood is the MVP.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I haven't had issues with any of the recent Hero Battles aside from the Narcian rebattle. It's all about team composition. It's good to have a good variety of units who fill different niches waiting on the bench so you can build a counter team to whatever you go up against. If you don't have a 5-star unit who fills a specific niche, have a 4-star trained up. 4-star Effie and Gunter have both won me Hero Battles in the past. Dancers are also extremely useful, even if its just a 3-star Olivia. I actually got Camus with only a handful of tries because I've got most of my bases covered.

...Actually, that Hero Battle battle actually is really tempting me to spend money because 3 of them fill a niche my team doesn't have covered. And I really want a good dagger user.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The earliest Grand Hero Battles are the hardest in my opinion.
Narcian, Ursula, and Michalis were some of the hardest GHBs IMO. Newer GHBs are easier I feel like, either they intentionally made them easier or I started to get units that made them easier (Narcian's was a lot easier when I got Minerva).
It's all about team composition and planning.

Honestly, every GHB is worth doing because every unit featured is good. Xander and Camus are some amazing units in my opinion.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Navarre and Xander are good enough for me. Those were the only good GHB worth playing.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
So I'm at the Fear Mountain Shrine in Echoes, and there's a split path here. The stone tablet says that there's a Silver Shield and a Blessed Shield. I assume that I'm only gonna get to pick one of them.

Which one do I want?

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
So I'm at the Fear Mountain Shrine in Echoes, and there's a split path here. The stone tablet says that there's a Silver Shield and a Blessed Shield. I assume that I'm only gonna get to pick one of them.

Which one do I want?
Blessed shield for easy bonusloot/powerful weapons, silvershield for general tankyness. You can get through dlc more silvershields tho.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
It makes your time getting some weapons far easier. Even postgame dungeons and the like.

Edit: I forgott it -kinda- is a semi-spoiler, so I edited it out. You are far enough in the game tho, to know of it already, thankfully.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Huh? Camus is actually Zeke? Well I didn't know that.
And believe it or not, "Zeke" isn't the first time Camus has changed his name

While i'm at it, let me show you Sirius' original artwork. It's hilarious

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Huh? Camus is actually Zeke? Well I didn't know that.
Not too sure about the MVP part...for me, at least.
Yeah, Camus appears in Fe1, Gaiden and 3.
It's never mentioned that strongly ingame, but he is the same person.

Edit: Someone was quite faster than me.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Decided to do a summoning in the FE: Heroes GHB Camus Banner today. I got one silver orb and four red orbs. I immediately went for the silver orb, and look who I got on my first summon:

A 5-star Jaffar! Talk about quite the good pull! Seems like he's a really good dagger user too. I'm going to train him up, though I don't know if I'll finish doing so before the Camus banner ends. Judging by how Jaffar was in this summoning banner, I'm guessing he's a great unit to use in that Camus battle.

As for the others, Lon'qu is yet another Vantage fodder unit, while Eliwood might be useful for something in the future.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
^I'm actually really jealous right now. Jaffar is pretty much my most wanted unit for the time being, in part because I lack a 5-star Dagger wielder.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Did anyone else not get 2 orbs today? We're supposed to be getting those for the rest of the bridal event, ain't we?
I went back to trying Lunatic GHB after spending days just on June Quests 2 for orbs, what was annoying about that battle is that the AI does not take the godamn bait! If I put green on that tile, only green will come for him, it will be healed, and Camus will stay far away. If I put red, Camus comes with staff girl and destroys it, if I put blue, green comes, if I put colorless, Camus and staff girl. What is worse is that Camus totally took the bait on Hard.... they are definitely working on those AI to make them annoying. I started with full stamina and beat the stage with 11 left. The clutch.
What else? Oh, I gave up on all my beliefs in life *dramatization* and decided to take the Arena seriously again after being demoted twice.
Damn son
Unfortunately the # of orbs in reward doesn't change, but the pain I will feel in that tier sure is different :)
One more thing, I can't tell how many orbs I spent in the past months, and I haven't got a single 5* Hero since that Hector-Ryoma-Azure-Takumi banner....
I want Jaffar too, but I can't even catch that special Lyn first :(

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Since this thread was keenly following Sun and Moon back in those games' prerelease days, might as well share the Pokemon news revealed today:

-First, Pokken Tournament Deluxe will be releasing on the Switch September 22, 2017. It's a port that will feature the four missing fighters that were only available on the arcade version: Darkrai, Scizor, Empoleon, and Croagunk. It will also feature another new fighter: Decidueye

-Second, Gold and Silver will be releasing on the 3DS VC the same day as Pokken DX. The new VC games are Pokebank compatible.

-And last but not least, the next main series games were announced. They will be called "Ultra Sun" and "Ultra Moon;" and they will release on November 17, 2017. The games feature an "alternate story" of the Sun and Moon games, and it will include Pokemon that weren't catchable in those same games. They will also feature brand new forms for Solgaleo and Lunala, which seem to be fusions with Necrozma:

Though it looks like they will be "reverse fusions" where Necrozma powers up the two legendaries and acts more like an added set of armor.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So after getting "rekt" several times on that final boss fight, I finally completed Echoes. Honestly, I don't even know how I did it but I made it through the end.

My thoughts on the game?
-Story is really great and very well-written. Not much else to say about that.

-Some pretty amazing cast of characters it has. Their dialogues being fully voiced is superb (they should've done this for Awakening and Fates). Support conversation were a bit dull in my opinion, but great nonetheless. Saber, Python, Mae and Palla are my favorite characters in the game. There are a few I don't like, one of them obviously being Faye simply because of her ****ed up obsession with Alm (really, she needs a new damn hobby) and her C and B supports with Silque has only further fueled my dislike towards her. Only good thing about her is her usefulness as a unit (I made her a mage) but other than that, no thanks. And Celica eventually went on to surpass Lyn as my favorite lord in the series.

-Gameplay is no surprise to me since it's a Fire Emblem game, after all. Don't know if it's just me but the RNG in this game seems to be way worse than that of Fates. I've been getting misses with hit rates above 70% way too often than it should (I once missed an attack with a 90% hit rate) and it was a really frustrating experience. But other than that, I really like the old school feeling it has since it is a remake of a 25 year-old game. The absence of the weapon triangle never bothered me, which I means I can just send in a sword user to fight against a lance user without any problems. Dungeon exploration is a really nice touch. The anime cutscenes look beautiful and great. Not very fond of some of the maps in the game, such as the ones with the swamps in Celica's path. I really hated that ****. Final boss fight was way too intense for me but it was still pretty epic, even though I ended up losing Conrad, Lukas and my man Saber in the process. I was very close to losing Forsyth as well but somehow, he managed to dodge Duma's attacks on the last two turns with only 1 HP.

-The soundtrack is pretty awesome. There really isn't anything else to say about this either. If I have to pick my favorite one in the game, it would be the second battle theme in Alm's path. I would often get a pretty nostalgic feeling every time I hear it.

Overall, I really had fun with the game. Still doesn't beat The Blazing Blade as my favorite Fire Emblem game though but it is a great and unique entry in the series. Despite the hits and misses I had to endure, it was a great experience nonetheless.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
So after getting "rekt" several times on that final boss fight, I finally completed Echoes. Honestly, I don't even know how I did it but I made it through the end.

My thoughts on the game?
-Story is really great and very well-written. Not much else to say about that.

-Some pretty amazing cast of characters it has. Their dialogues being fully voiced is superb (they should've done this for Awakening and Fates). Support conversation were a bit dull in my opinion, but great nonetheless. Saber, Python, Mae and Palla are my favorite characters in the game. There are a few I don't like, one of them obviously being Faye simply because of her ****ed up obsession with Alm (really, she needs a new damn hobby) and her C and B supports with Silque has only further fueled my dislike towards her. Only good thing about her is her usefulness as a unit (I made her a mage) but other than that, no thanks. And Celica eventually went on to surpass Lyn as my favorite lord in the series.

-Gameplay is no surprise to me since it's a Fire Emblem game, after all. Don't know if it's just me but the RNG in this game seems to be way worse than that of Fates. I've been getting misses with hit rates above 70% way too often than it should (I once missed an attack with a 90% hit rate) and it was a really frustrating experience. But other than that, I really like the old school feeling it has since it is a remake of a 25 year-old game. The absence of the weapon triangle never bothered me, which I means I can just send in a sword user to fight against a lance user without any problems. Dungeon exploration is a really nice touch. The anime cutscenes look beautiful and great. Not very fond of some of the maps in the game, such as the ones with the swamps in Celica's path. I really hated that ****. Final boss fight was way too intense for me but it was still pretty epic, even though I ended up losing Conrad, Lukas and my man Saber in the process. I was very close to losing Forsyth as well but somehow, he managed to dodge Duma's attacks on the last two turns with only 1 HP.

-The soundtrack is pretty awesome. There really isn't anything else to say about this either. If I have to pick my favorite one in the game, it would be the second battle theme in Alm's path. I would often get a pretty nostalgic feeling every time I hear it.

Overall, I really had fun with the game. Still doesn't beat The Blazing Blade as my favorite Fire Emblem game though but it is a great and unique entry in the series. Despite the hits and misses I had to endure, it was a great experience nonetheless.
I personally think they couldn't fully voice the characters in awakening/fates, considering how many support conversations and all there were. Just too crazy much!

On the pokemon news:
Meh. It's black2 and white 2 all over again. While I loved those games, I am just dissapointed for no cool pokemon game for my switch. But hope for Smash-Switch is still up. Hyped for the internet quality potential it could have.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
On the pokemon news:
Meh. It's black2 and white 2 all over again. While I loved those games, I am just dissapointed for no cool pokemon game for my switch. But hope for Smash-Switch is still up. Hyped for the internet quality potential it could have.
At the moment, it seems more likely that US/UM are more like third versions since they said they feature "an alternate story" rather than "sequel."

And I still think it's too early for Pokemon to have a main series game on the Switch, especially when it's only a been a year since generation 7 started. More likely, generation 8 will mark Pokemon's true debut on the Switch scene.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
IMG_mn6r77.jpg

What a precious child

I love her, she's so cute <3. Although I much prefer the Male protagonist in S/M more than US/UM bleh

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I personally think they couldn't fully voice the characters in awakening/fates, considering how many support conversations and all there were. Just too crazy much!
Makes sense. It still would've been nice though.

And I really don't care about Pokémon anymore. I've lost interest in the series after Gen 3.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
My thoughts on the Pokemon Direct

Pokken Tournament DX: It's alright. I wasn't that big into Pokken anyway. But this one's got Darkrai so maybe i might get it.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon. Seeing as how this is basically a third version split in two, i'm hesitant on buying it. I loved Pokemon Moon but i'm not sure i want to revisit it just yet. The Necrozma Fusions are legitimately overdesigned though.

Gold/Silver VC: Cool but where's Crystal? Why isn't Crystal there? They had Yellow.

Overall score for the Direct: 7/10.

Last edited:

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
I don't know why Nintendo took over 18 years to publish the original silver and gold versions on e shop.that was my favorite for the series as a child. As for pokken,I'll be getting it since I skipped its original launch and I've already beaten Pokemon sun since last year.

Top Bottom