• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm dissapointed that the only characters we got for FE Warriors were ones I already expected, but I'm not surprised either. I really want to see mage and flier gameplay soon.

I'll probably pass on Xenoblade 2. I gave X a try, and I enjoyed it, but I don't find the combat to be that interesting.

This last trailer sold me on Mario Odyssey. That hat trick just seems too fun. And a freaking T-rex? Count me in!

I like Kirby, but I'm not crazy about it. I'll probably get it, just not right at release.

Metroid 3DS actually looks like a ton of fun. I'm worried free aim might be tricky to get the hang of, but I feel it will ultimately make it a better game. There's a good chance I'll be picking it up.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Free aim in 2D Metroid is like being able to move unlimited spaces in Fire Emblem.... having limited angles where you can aim and having to mind your positioning on the screen is the most fundamental part of the combat in 2D Metroid....
Seriously, Sakamoto effed up, playing that game is not going to feel like playing Metroid at all if I can shoot everywhere on the screen from anywhere on the screen, it will feel like any other modern 2D shooter. Also, melee combat, just like Other M. This "is" Metroid, not Smash.
Well, Prime 4 is not being developed by Retro Studios, by I still got my hopes on that game....

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
After thinking about it for a little while, I think I'll only be preordering the Tiki amiibo out of the ones listed, and maybe Chrom or wedding Bowser. They all look good, but amiibo are just so expensive to collect I decided to just get one or two of them.

I'm still undecided on if I'll get Corrin or not.
Free aim in 2D Metroid is like being able to move unlimited spaces in Fire Emblem.... having limited angles where you can aim and having to mind your positioning on the screen is the most fundamental part of the combat in 2D Metroid....
Seriously, Sakamoto effed up, playing that game is not going to feel like playing Metroid at all if I can shoot everywhere on the screen from anywhere on the screen, it will feel like any other modern 2D shooter. Also, melee combat, just like Other M. This "is" Metroid, not Smash.
I can kind of see your point, but I don't personally see a problem. I imagine aiming and moving at the same time will be pretty difficult, so I expect positioning to remain important. Heck, the girl at the Treehouse kept dying to a boss because of bad positioning.

As for melee...well, I don't know how it worked in Other M, but in this one, it's for parrying. It seems like another defensive option more than an offensive one. The focus will still be shooting, from the looks of it.

...Actually, I'm not even sure if moving and changing your aim at the same time will be possible. I have a hard time imagining them getting it to work one the 3DS unless you have to aim with the Circle Pad - which would mean you'd have to toggle between moving and shooting.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Well, Prime 4 is not being developed by Retro Studios, by I still got my hopes on that game....
I can kind of see your point, but I don't personally see a problem. I imagine aiming and moving at the same time will be pretty difficult, so I expect positioning to remain important. Heck, the girl at the Treehouse kept dying to a boss because of bad positioning.
That pretty much. It's more a technical limitation smartly used in the original, I dunno about you, but people celebrated when castlevania went from super restrictive whip, to 360 whip.

I personally will still enjoy the metroid2 remake, if I really want to play the same game as way back then, I'd just play that, to be fair.
I think it's on Virtual console even...?

On other news, I love how they announced and likely still will anounce games outside of their presentation. I'd loved them IN the presentation, but oh well...

Atleast we get gameplay of most of the games presented. I'll get kirby as soon as possible.

D

Deleted member

I summoned from the new banner this morning and had over 20 Orbs.
The fourth summon in my batch was Katarina. I'm not going to complain about that. :p
It was also datamined that Clarisse and Legion will be Grand Hero Battles, but I think everyone assumed that they would be.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I went in to do a little test of fortune on the Katarina banner to see if I can get her or the other three focuses...but, as I expected, no dice. Oh well, another time perhaps but it wouldn't matter to me anyways since I'm not really that interested.
On the other hand, thanks to the free 5,000 hero feathers I received, I now have enough to create this lovely piece:

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
I went in to do a little test of fortune on the Katarina banner to see if I can get her or the other three focuses...but, as I expected, no dice. Oh well, another time perhaps but it wouldn't matter to me anyways since I'm not really that interested.
On the other hand, thanks to the free 5,000 hero feathers I received, I now have enough to create this lovely piece:
Nice! It's funny that you should mention that, as I did this with my feathers:

Est.jpg

They should get together sometime! I don't see my Est getting captured anytime soon! Her speed is respectable even with the Brave Lance+ on, but, when she has a Hone Flier buff, it reaches 38, so she'll double (and kill) most things. Tack on a Goad Flier spur, her attack reaches 57 and her speed 42... Who needs defense when your enemies are dead?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Nice! It's funny that you should mention that, as I did this with my feathers:

View attachment 130776
They should get together sometime! I don't see my Est getting captured anytime soon! Her speed is respectable even with the Brave Lance+ on, but, when she has a Hone Flier buff, it reaches 38, so she'll double (and kill) most things. Tack on a Goad Flier spur, her attack reaches 57 and her speed 42... Who needs defense when your enemies are dead?
Est is too cute to get captured. Who, besides pirates, would want to snatch her away from her sisters?

Astellius

Smash Ace
Est is too cute to get captured. Who, besides pirates, would want to snatch her away from her sisters?
She's so cute, everyone wants to capture her! She gets captured all the time, whether it's by pirates or the Archanaean army... But she's safe with me!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Oh yeah, i forgot to post this. Two days ago, i did a last miniute summon on the Bride Banner. I didn't get any Brides but i did get this.
Screenshot_2017-06-13-22-00-41.png

I'll gladly take it. And hey, he's my first Falchion user.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Speaking of Heroes, Legion from Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem is confirmed to be featured in the next Grand Hero Battle, and it starts tomorrow. Here's the map preview:

Yep, we got Legion clones to worry about.

I had a feeling that Legion would appear in a future GHB considering that him and Clarisse are two enemy characters from New Mystery that appear in Heroes but are currently unplayable, but I didn't think we'd get Legion in a GHB this soon. I guess this means we can expect Clarisse in the next GHB.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I tried to get Reinhardt in the Vantage banner because the one I had was terrible...
My second pull was a Julia. My fourth pull was a Reinhardt.
I had a lot of Orbs left and I went to the Katarina banner... I got a Roderick.
3 5 stars in one day.

Nah

Smash Champion
Quoting an old-ish post, but I just beat the game and so was going back through some stuff in spoiler tags, and this one caught my attention:

The post-game superboss is Grima. And unlike in Awakening, Grima is actually a challenge. For starters, he moves, like every boss in Echoes. Second, he has a 1-5 attack range. Third, he has Dragonskin, except you have no way of bypassing it like you could in Awakening with the Exalted and Parallel Falchions. And no, the Valentian Falchion does not deal bonus damage against Dragons, mainly because Dragons are so rare. I'm referring to Fire Dragons and Dagons (basically water dragons) btw. Necro and White Dragons are counted as Terrors, not Dragons.

Grima also has a passive Art known as Dark Spikes which basically damage any of your units that are in his range. And if that wasn't enough, he has Anathema, which lowers your units Avoid by 20 if they are within three spaces near him.

Yeah, Grima isn't messing around this time. I mean, you could always spam Invoke though. Even Grima will go after any Invoked units, even if Grima can easily kill one of your actual units.
Does the postgame dungeon add any additional details to the story/lore, or is it just a "lol, here's a dungeon to fight through" and just plops Grima in it for no reason?

Spoil everything for me, as it'll probably be a while before I bother trying the dungeon (if I make it there lol) and who knows if I'll even be able to beat it, let alone make it somewhere or to Grima at all.

Also, I don't remember either Falchion in Awakening bypassing Dragonskin, but I guess I should check that out later

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Quoting an old-ish post, but I just beat the game and so was going back through some stuff in spoiler tags, and this one caught my attention:

Does the postgame dungeon add any additional details to the story/lore, or is it just a "lol, here's a dungeon to fight through" and just plops Grima in it for no reason?

Spoil everything for me, as it'll probably be a while before I bother trying the dungeon (if I make it there lol) and who knows if I'll even be able to beat it, let alone make it somewhere or to Grima at all.

Also, I don't remember either Falchion in Awakening bypassing Dragonskin, but I guess I should check that out later
It explains the origin of Grima and the Risen. There's no actual story, but it does add to the lore.
Appearently Grima was created by an alchemist named Forneus using the blood of a divine dragon - probably Duma's, considering their visual similarities and Duma's new title as "Fell God". Forneus later added his own blood because Grima wasn't growing much, but he lost his mind to Grima as a result.

Forneus also made the masks that the Risen wear with an insect that can control dead corpses. Those insects are called thanatophages asppearently.

It should be noted that they never say the words "Risen" or "Grima" - Grima himself being called "The Creation", but it's clearly them.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
It explains the origin of Grima and the Risen. There's no actual story, but it does add to the lore.
Appearently Grima was created by an alchemist named Forneus using the blood of a divine dragon - probably Duma's, considering their visual similarities and Duma's new title as "Fell God". Forneus later added his own blood because Grima wasn't growing much, but he lost his mind to Grima as a result.

Forneus also made the masks that the Risen wear with an insect that can control dead corpses. Those insects are called thanatophages asppearently.

It should be noted that they never say the words "Risen" or "Grima" - Grima himself being called "The Creation", but it's clearly them.
Actually, the Divine Dragon blood that Forenus found may actually be Naga's. There are actually different Naga's in the Archanea continuity. There's the original Naga, who created both Falchions and the Book of Naga, and then there's the Awakening Naga. There's also Tiki becoming Naga in Future Past. Anyway, the original Naga actually died at the age of 5000, which is pretty young for a dragon. And her final resting place was in the Tower of Thabes. And Thabes just so happens to be where the post-game dungeon takes. You can even see the Tower of Thabes on the world map, located close to the Thabes Labyrinth.

Duma being a Fell God was just in the localization. The Japanese version still has him in his original Class as " Dark God."

Still though, Grima's origin makes sense as to why he wanta to bring the world to ruin. He's literally an unholy abomination created by a mad alchemist.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Ooh, that's interesting
Though as much as I'd like to agree that the blood used to create Grima was Duma's (I was sort of thinking that Grima was a reincarnated Duma and that the Grimleal were actually remnants of the Duma Faithful that moved to Archanea some time after Gaiden/SoV. The Falchions, even the fully awakened one, can only put the dragons to sleep/seal them away temporarily, so revival of their dark god should be possible. Until now, Grima's first known appearance was 1000 years prior to Awakening (and so 1000 years after Gaiden/SoV and Marth's games)--right when the seal would have been weakening for Duma), it does seem like the more likely scenario is that it's Naga's, given that her resting place and the dungeon are the same place. That and I'm not sure how this Forenus would have been able to obtain a blood sample of Duma's in the first place. It would also make sense as to why she then tells Chrom and co. in Awakening that she can't give them the power to destroy Grima. If he was created from her, then their power would be equal/the same and so can't be destroyed by Naga's power. Though this kind of contradicts the "if any power could undo him, 'twould be his own" bit, since if Grima was made from Naga, then Grima's power is technically Naga's and then so Naga should be able to give people the power to destroy him.

But maybe I'm missing something/am wrong about something here, and/or it's something the writers didn't take into account or something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Astellius

Smash Ace

No one mentioned this yet, but you also obtain an additional memory prism, which has the conversation where Duma and Mila agree to split the continent.

Ooh, that's interesting
Though as much as I'd like to agree that the blood used to create Grima was Duma's (I was sort of thinking that Grima was a reincarnated Duma and that the Grimleal were actually remnants of the Duma Faithful that moved to Archanea some time after Gaiden/SoV. The Falchions, even the fully awakened one, can only put the dragons to sleep/seal them away temporarily, so revival of their dark god should be possible. Until now, Grima's first known appearance was 1000 years prior to Awakening (and so 1000 years after Gaiden/SoV and Marth's games)--right when the seal would have been weakening for Duma), it does seem like the more likely scenario is that it's Naga's, given that her resting place and the dungeon are the same place. That and I'm not sure how this Forenus would have been able to obtain a blood sample of Duma's in the first place. It would also make sense as to why she then tells Chrom and co. in Awakening that she can't give them the power to destroy Grima. If he was created from her, then their power would be equal/the same and so can't be destroyed by Naga's power. Though this kind of contradicts the "if any power could undo him, 'twould be his own" bit, since if Grima was made from Naga, then Grima's power is technically Naga's and then so Naga should be able to give people the power to destroy him.

But maybe I'm missing something/am wrong about something here, and/or it's something the writers didn't take into account or something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But the Awakening Naga would appear to be a different Naga from the one whose blood would have been used to create Grima. So that would resolve that issue.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Jeez, that Infernal Difficulty Hero Battle is just as brutal as it sounds. I don't think I can actually beat it. My team is just too beaten down by the time the final wave of reinforcements appear, and I don't have any open teamslots to bring in a healer.
Hm, yeah, I guess it probably is Naga.

That aside, I think it's fair to reason that Robin was descended from Forneus. Grima was made with Forneus's blood, so that would explain why he's dependant on Robin in Awakening.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
The Infernal level of the GHB was extremely tough, but my pony riders managed to pull through for me, after numerous attempts. Whew! Quite the challenge! I had Cecilia inherit Axebreaker 1 from a spare 3* Eliwood, and that made the victory possible. The reinforcements made it really tricky, but I'm pleased to have been able to work through it!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So I did another summon on the Katarina banner and...well, look who I got:

Didn't take long for her to show up. lol
Welp, I'm out of orbs so that'll be it for the time being.

And about the postgame in Echoes, I don't plan to play through it anytime soon.
I can't even get past that last seaway battle because of those dragon things that nullifies my characters' defenses with their water attacks. Could it be that my characters are so under leveled?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So some screenshots showing the Cipher Companions DLC pack have been revealed
Emma's so tiny, she's adorable

And their official art
Shade

Yuzu

Lando Calrissian

So, what do you think?

Metallinatus

Smash Lord

And their official art
Shade
I'm glad Morrigan finally made it into Fire Emblem!

As for the new Infernal difficulty, are they really giving only 2K extra feathers for completing that? Every single feather you can grasp on is good, but just that for INFERNAL? I guess a 5* character would essentially be like giving 20k feathers, so they slapped in just more 2K instead which is the difference we get from Hard to Lunatic already....

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So some screenshots showing the Cipher Companions DLC pack have been revealed
Emma's so tiny, she's adorable

And their official art
Shade

Yuzu

Lando Calrissian

So, what do you think?
It's funny how we got full Hidari artworks of the Cipher characters before Forsyth, Mathilda, Jesse, and Deen, the last four of which only have their heads and shoulders from their official arts shown as of now.

Astellius

Smash Ace
As for the new Infernal difficulty, are they really giving only 2K extra feathers for completing that? Every single feather you can grasp on is good, but just that for INFERNAL? I guess a 5* character would essentially be like giving 20k feathers, so they slapped in just more 2K instead which is the difference we get from Hard to Lunatic already....
I agree, the rewards for completing it are rather underwhelming, given the difficulty of the task. Having duplicates of a limited character is nice, I suppose, but his skills aren't that great. He only gets up to Fury 2, Obstruct is a waste of the B-slot, and his special isn't that great. His weapon is good, that's the best thing he has to offer. They could've offered a 4* +3 or something version, more feathers, or, even better, orbs. As it is, the 4* is just redundant. But the challenge is good, it's a nice step up from Lunatic, which were becoming sort of too easy for me.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Remember how the first Hero Battle was only avaible at 3-stars? I'm hoping that it's similar here, and that future Infernal difficulty Hero Battles will be avaible at 5-star.

Probably not, but I can dream.

D

Deleted member

I think the Infernal difficulty isn't worth doing unless you want a real challenge. You get Legion at four stars from the Lunatic battle anyway...

That being said, I am a crazy individual who took the challenge to beat Infernal... and I did. My team was Reinhardt, Xander, Nino, and Azura and, honestly, I had a lot of fun taking my time and figuring out my moves. It was like doing a puzzle and slowly but surely figuring out the solution.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I think the Infernal difficulty isn't worth doing unless you want a real challenge. You get Legion at four stars from the Lunatic battle anyway...

That being said, I am a crazy individual who took the challenge to beat Infernal... and I did. My team was Reinhardt, Xander, Nino, and Azura and, honestly, I had a lot of fun taking my time and figuring out my moves. It was like doing a puzzle and slowly but surely figuring out the solution.
Yeah, that's how I looked at it. I thought it was fun, definitely an interesting challenge!

This is just insane.
I saw a video of the all-Sakura team doing Tempest Trials, and I was wondering if they would do the Legion Infernal battle--and it appears they did!

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I bring you something truly weird and astounding...
When was the last time, we actually talked about smash?
Anyways, your opinions on the comments by Zero? It -is- a decline in tourney play, that's correct. But otherwise?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Anyways, your opinions on the comments by Zero? It -is- a decline in tourney play, that's correct. But otherwise?
I don't pay attention to any of that bull****. What did he say exactly?

Nah

Smash Champion
Lot of people have weird opinions. It's far from the first time ZeRo's said some strange things.

What thing(s) specifically did you find odd?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
ZeRo does have a lot of different opinions, but they're never baseless. Practically every character has hidden potential most people haven't caught onto yet. I'm not sayings he's 100% correct, but his opinions shouldn't be just tossed aside either. He actually does have a clue what he's talking about. Sometimes he's been wrong, but other times his "bad" opinions were later shown to have some truth to them, such as Marth being top tier.

And honestly, as someone who mains both Charizard and Corrin...I'd say putting them relatively close on the tier list is actually pretty accurate. Yeah, Corrin is a bit better, but I feel like they're a lot closer then people make them out to be. I don't feel handicapped using Zard compared to Corn, but I do feel handicapped using either of them compared to Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So i posted the artwork for the Cipher characters a few days ago but now we have the full, finalized artwork for them
Now that the artworks are finalized, which one is your favorite? Are you looking forward to recruiting these characters? By the way, it seems these four characters will come with their own abilities, if this screenshot is any indication

This spell doesn't seem like Seraphim or Ragnarok. It looks to be an entirely new spell exclusive to Shade. And if that's the case, then Emma, Lando, and Yuzu might have their own unique Arts/Spells

AND ON A COMPLETELY UNRELATED NOTE, ATARI JUST ANNOUNCED THAT THEY ARE MAKING A BRAND NEW CONSOLE!
Like, wow! First Bubsy comes back from the grave. Then Metroid finally gets a main series game. And now Atari is returning to the console market. What even is 2017 anymore? What other gaming surprises can we expect?

For now, i just skipped to the end to see the whole tier-list, since it's kinda late at night for me right now. But the tier-list ZeRo has shown is pretty reasonable. I do think Ike is a bit low and i don't know why Bowser and DK share a spot but to be fair, i didn't watch the whole video because it's pretty late where i am. I'll give my full thoughts on ZeRo's tier-list tomorrow.

I don't care much about tier-lists, but i do use them as reference points, so it's always fun for me to look at them, and see what people have to say about it.....that sounds like i do care, but trust me, i'm more of a casual player even though i play on tournament rules, with the added rule of having the Smash Ball be the only item on.

Edit: Sacred Stones Cipher cards revealed

Second Edit: saw ZeRo's tier-list. I don't think Jigglypuff is the worst character in the game, but i agree with pretty much everything else he said.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
The Tempest Trials finally came to a close... Last night, I burned through a few stamina potions to earn about 15k points so as to break through the 100k barrier. I wanted the orbs to try one more attempt to summon Lucina from the banner, but only got a couple of Raigh's for my efforts. Hngh! What a waste! I was tempted to put a little money in it, but I remember how well that went with Minerva. At least I have the Masked Marth version! Time to save my orbs again, I have exactly 0 right at the moment. I hope they give the login bonus again soon, and I hope no one that I really want comes out in the meanwhile...

All in all, I did enjoy the Trials, even if it did get kind of repetitive towards the end. It was definitely a big source of feathers, both from the rewards and Hero Merit. I'm back over 20k feathers, even after recently promoting Est. I now have 9 people maxed out, with several more fairly close. The SP was nice too, I now have a lot more characters fully decked out, or on their way to being so. But who to promote next...? Maybe Alfonse and Anna, just so I always have a 5* bonus character for the arena.

What did you find truly weird and astounding about it? I think Corrin was ranked a bit low, but he said some of that was lack of representation, but I agree with him that Marth & Lucina should be ranked at around the same spot. The list looks pretty reasonable to me.

Now that the artworks are finalized, which one is your favorite? Are you looking forward to recruiting these characters?
I'm looking forward to it. And my favorite of the art there is either Yuzu or Emma. And nice to see Amelia getting some Cipher love!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I did some frantic last-minute grinding for Quickend Pulse (that'd be so good on my Draconic Aura Michalis), but full around 5,000 points short. Honestly, I though I'd have a lot more free time this week, but things happened in real life that I needed to give priority. Oh well, at least I have another 5-star sword user.

Anyway, I finally managed to beat the post-game boss on hard, so I think it's time for me to post my Echoes impression.

Story - It wasn't the most fantastic story I've ever seen, but I hold a high bar. I was overall satisfied with it, with only a few nitpicks. If all future FE stories are at least as good as this one, then I'll be okay with that.

Characters - They ranged from good to alright. There was only one character I actually disliked (Faye), but it wasn't to the point of hatred or disgust. All the others were fine. Even Sonya, who I didn't like at first, grew on me, especially after seeing her supports with Genny. Having those "base" conversations was also great, since it made every character feel relevant while adding to their development. It's hard for me to pick my bottom five characters, since as I said, I like almost all of them, but my top five favorites have to be...

5. Forsyth
4. The Masked Knight
3. Berkut (Good villains are back!)
2. Mae
1. Boey

Classes - I was worried at how few of them there were, but I ended up being pleasantly surprised. Each class felt almost entirely unique from one another, which made using them really interesting. At the combat animations were top notch - 3D FE animations are rapidly reaching the quality of the GBA sprites.

Map Design - I like what they were going for with this in most cases, but I think that they didn't always succeed. Breaking fortress formations was a cool concept when it worked, but then you had ones like the archer fortress in Celica's route which is just tedious or annoying. Cantors themselves can be a huge hit or miss. While they succeeded at making me try to clear the maps faster, sometimes they were in such annoying spaces that that proved to be more of an annoyance than a challenge, especially when there's just so much working against you when it comes to moving quickly. And screw that first swamp map on Celica's route. The final map was the worst one of all.
All those dang mogalls that exist for no reason but to waste your time. The fight took me over two hours on hard mode. I had to close my 3DS halfway through and come back later just because I got too fed up with it. The postgame boss was handled much better - even with far less enemies, it put just as much pressure on me to finish it as quickly as I could as the Duma battle did.

Dungeons - I liked these. While they were generally very small, that was pretty much a necessity, as battles tend to take a little while. And while they rarely did anything exceptional, they did change things up just enough to make each dungeon feel distinct and memorable. The battles themselves were surprisingly fun - if you managed to hit an enemy first, it's sometimes possible to clear them in just one or two turns with a good party composition.

And finally, as for my endgame team....

1. Celica - Beloved Zofia
2. Alm - Falchion
3. Boey - Dracoshield
4. Delthea - Lady Blade
5. Mae - Mage Ring
6. Genny - Speed Ring
7. Gray - Zweihänder
8. Python - Luna
9. Clair - Gradivus
10. The Masked Knight - Romphia

All weapons were fully forged, and my boost were used on Delthea to make up for her lack of range.

Overall, I think Echoes was a good FE game. Not an undeniably amazing one, or a particularly bad one, but a unique one. I'd really like to see a lot of its concepts reintroduced in future FEs, but with more a lot more polish so that they don't fall flat like they frequently did in Echoes.

AND ON A COMPLETELY UNRELATED NOTE, ATARI JUST ANNOUNCED THAT THEY ARE MAKING A BRAND NEW CONSOLE!
Like, wow! First Bubsy comes back from the grave. Then Metroid finally gets a main series game. And now Atari is returning to the console market. What even is 2017 anymore? What other gaming surprises can we expect?
Holy Magikarp, that's completely insane. I don't even know what to think of this. Don't Atari mostly make mobile games these days? Are they really equipped to make a console?

I have no clue what to expect from this.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
So I got a new phone (though when I say "new", I don't mean the latest models) today and figured I'd get FE Heroes. Did the first few battles. Despite having always played Fire Emblem with permadeath, the lack of it in this is nice in some ways. My very first (and so only so far) summoning session was this:
which is nothing special (not that I was expecting much lol), but it gave me Felicia, so that's good.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Heroes has "permadeath" implemented in an acceptable way for a game about collecting heroes.... you still need to make your unit survive if you want it to get stronger.
I like that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Two brand new banners were released for the next Voting Gauntlet, and I was aiming for Elise.
My first five star, and I was laughing at the fact that this wasn't going to happen, but it did... I got a Takumi before an Elise!
My second five star was Maria, which I was bummed out by because I already have one.
My last five star was Elise and I am pretty pleased with that!
EDIT: Now I got a Ryoma and a Sakura! Oh my god...

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom