• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
New Tenpest Trials already? That was fast.

It's a little dissapointing to be getting Tobin as the reward when the last one was the much more iconic masked Marth...though I suppose that they wanted to go off with a bang. Still, the masked knight would of been way more exciting. And did they really have to make him another sword wielder? Have my 5-star characters already have swords already.

Any clue what seals we might be getting? I just barely missed quickened pulse last time, which I really regret. I'm hoping I get another shot at it sometime soon.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So Heroes updated today, adding two new modes, Chain Challenge and Squad Assault. Chain Challenge has you complete two (ore more, maybe) chapters in succession while Squad Assault is a series of battles where you can use each time only once. It is worth noting that Chain Challenge functions similarly to the Tempest Trials, in which defeated units don't return until you clear the whole thing or get a game over. Squad Assault, on the other hand, has GHB rules, in which all 4 units must survive. But my God, Squad Assault enemies have ridiculously high stats. Even my strongest units barely scratch them. What is this, Lunatic+?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I hate how these trailers are about the already awful story. I just want to see gameplay footage.

On the other hand, little Lissa wielding a battle axe as a battle axe is a huge plus. I was wondering how they would maks clerics work. I'll bet we'll see Sakura with a bow and Elise with magic, too.

Nah

Smash Champion
so is that trailer implying that the story is gonna be some sort of Awakening rehash?

Kinda have to agree with Zachmac that I'd rather that they focus on things besides the story. Personally I'm most interested in knowing what the roster is going to look like, that's the biggest selling point for me at this time. They have been very slowly revealing it: right now it's confirmed that Chrom, Marth, :4corrinf:, :4robinm:, Lucina, Frederick, Lissa, and the two new kids are in, and it's implied that Xander and Ryoma are in it as well. But I wanna know more.
....I want to know if Nah is playable. Or hell, I'll take a couple of the other manaketes. Playing a Warriors game as a dragon sounds like a beautiful thing.

Astellius

Smash Ace
....I want to know if Nah is playable. Or hell, I'll take a couple of the other manaketes. Playing a Warriors game as a dragon sounds like a beautiful thing.
How about Tiki? She's getting an Amiibo that's going to be compatible with the game. I'm hoping one doesn't have to buy the Amiibo in order to use her in the game... but, if one does, then I'll be sure to get her!

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
How about Tiki? She's getting an Amiibo that's going to be compatible with the game. I'm hoping one doesn't have to buy the Amiibo in order to use her in the game... but, if one does, then I'll be sure to get her!
Tiki would be good yeah. Had no idea she was getting an Amiibo

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
For y'all who are not interested in learning more of the story and want to see more of the characters themselves, just remember that there was a poll released on FE:Warriors Twitter page where fans could pick which support conversation from the game they would like to see:

The options are Marth & Chrom, Chrom & Ryoma, Corrin & Xander, or Rowan & Lianna.

The page promised that if the tweet gets 3,000 retweets, they would show the 2nd and 3rd highest voted supports as well.

This means we will see gameplay footage of Marth & Chrom's supports together, Chrom & Ryoma's supports together, and Corrin & Xander's supports together.

The Marth & Chrom one could be interesting because they could take how the Archanea has changed over the years. I'm personally looking forward to the Chrom & Ryoma one because we'll hear Matt Mercer talk to himself.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

New FE Warriors trailer is out.
I could care less for the story, but I am excited to see who else is added. I'm admittedly shocked that they added in Frederick, despite having a somewhat prominent role in Awakening.

Well, hopefully they add Takumi.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, hopefully they add Takumi.

The initial teaser had the Fujin Yumi and Brynhilde in it. Leo and Takumi are basically confirmed already.

I mixed up those weapons with Raijinto/Siegfried in my head for some reason.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The initial teaser had the Fujin Yumi and Brynhilde in it. Leo and Takumi are basically confirmed already.
Are you referring to the very first trailer?

The only Fates weapons that were shown there were the Yato, Raijinto, and Siegfried.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Are you referring to the very first trailer?

The only Fates weapons that were shown there were the Yato, Raijinto, and Siegfried.
Oh, yeah, I don't know what I was thinking...

Still, they seem like incredibly obvious picks. I'm still like 99% certain they'll make it in.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I really hope they don't just put in characters from Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates in the game because I'll be a huge letdown if they didn't include characters from other Fire Emblem games. That's reason enough for me to not get the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Trying to get another Robin, I got someone quite unexpected... I got an Ephraim.
Well, that's another character off my wish list.

Those weapons weren't there.
Even if they seem like obvious picks, you'll never know if they decide not to go with them.

I really hope they don't just put in characters from Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates in the game because I'll be a huge letdown if they didn't include characters from other Fire Emblem games. That's reason enough for me to not get the game.
Unfortunately, it has been confirmed the base game will only have Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates characters.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I mean, it's a Warriors game, and DLC is more than guaranteed.

Plus, Hyrule Warriors also focused on three games in the base game.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Unfortunately, it has been confirmed the base game will only have Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates characters.
I mean, it's a Warriors game, and DLC is more than guaranteed.

Plus, Hyrule Warriors also focused on three games in the base game.
Is that so? In that case, until I hear more about the game and DLC within the next few months, I'm gonna pass.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just rolled a Ryoma...he's +HP/-Speed.

First Lucina, then Eirika, and now Ryoma...why are all my speedy swordsman -speed? At least Lyn wasn't effected by this curse.

D

Deleted member

I just rolled a Ryoma...he's +HP/-Speed.

First Lucina, then Eirika, and now Ryoma...why are all my speedy swordsman -speed? At least Lyn wasn't effected by this curse.
Dang, that's the exact opposite of what you want (well, +Attack is also amazing).
Still, you got a Ryoma, which is not what of other people can say.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
While you went on and rolled Ryoma, I rolled in this woman here:

It was an unexpected one but yeah, I got myself a Minerva, which is pretty nice. With her around, I now have all three of the siblings as I already have Maria and Michalis (from the GHB of course).

And while I'm at it, thanks to the extra hero feathers I received when the gauntlet ended a while back, I was able to save up my 20k feathers and wasted no time promoting this lovely flower to 5-stars.

Needless to say, I already trained her up to level 36 at this point. I gave her Astra of course and I was gonna give her Savage Blow from my extra Leo I have but decided to go with giving her Threaten Speed instead. And so now that I have her (and Setsuna) around, I don't need anymore archers.

I figure at this point, I should refrain myself from summoning more at least until I feel like doing another one and just save however many orbs I can.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
While you went on and rolled Ryoma, I rolled in this woman here:

It was an unexpected one but yeah, I got myself a Minerva, which is pretty nice. With her around, I now have all three of the siblings as I already have Maria and Michalis (from the GHB of course).

And while I'm at it, thanks to the extra hero feathers I received when the gauntlet ended a while back, I was able to save up my 20k feathers and wasted no time promoting this lovely flower to 5-stars.

Needless to say, I already trained her up to level 36 at this point. I gave her Astra of course and I was gonna give her Savage Blow from my extra Leo I have but decided to go with giving her Threaten Speed instead. And so now that I have her (and Setsuna) around, I don't need anymore archers.

I figure at this point, I should refrain myself from summoning more at least until I feel like doing another one and just save however many orbs I can.
A good hint, if you need many SP.

Astellius

Smash Ace
The Bound Heroes battle was pretty fun, and I'm glad that there was actually a nice reward this time for completing the Infernal difficulty--more orbs! I'm really liking how many orbs have become available with this update. I did a few summons trying to pull a summer Robin, but got a regular male Robin instead, along with a couple Shanna's, and Subaki, of course. I was actually in need of more Shanna's, as I was pretty much out of Desperation 3 fodder. Nino had dibs on my last Shanna, but now I can give Anna Desperation too.

A good hint, if you need many SP.
Yeah, this had been discussed on SF. I've kept the Ch. 1 & 2 battle undone so that I can use it for leveling, SP, & Hero Merit grinding. Once characters get in the level ~30 range, it's a great way to get them all the way up quickly. Since you're surrendering on the 10th map, you essentially get to do 9 maps for 30 stamina points, vs. 3 maps for 27 in the Training Tower.

We also have double SP weekends, so that'll help too. If you've pulled a Summer Robin or Tiki, those are really great for SP grinding as well. I have a Summer Tiki, and, with Axe Valor 3, axe wielders that are fielded with her get 2x the SP, which means 12 SP per kill on the weekends.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
It hasn't. They've only said that MOST of the main characters will come from those three games. Granted, that probably only means SD, Awakening, and Fates characters, plus the Donut Steels (sigh..), and Roy and Ike for the on-card roster.

But I fully expect this game to have a buttload of DLC. HW did, and it was good DLC, too. You really think Echoes won't be represented, as the most recent game in the series?

Nah

Smash Champion
lol

now if only I could get (adult) Tiki and Ninian or just put Nah in the game plz then I could do an all manakete team

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So I recently went back to playing Echoes again level grinding my characters before I do the post-game dungeon (I'm not gonna level grind the entire cast like I did with Awakening and Fates, just the ones I plan to use) since I've heard how hard that **** is. Hell. I may even have to rely on the overclasses to actually stand a chance at completing it.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So I recently went back to playing Echoes again level grinding my characters before I do the post-game dungeon (I'm not gonna level grind the entire cast like I did with Awakening and Fates, just the ones I plan to use) since I've heard how hard that **** is. Hell. I may even have to rely on the overclasses to actually stand a chance at completing it.
If it helps, here's what i did to beat it
Tigerstance and Trance Shot are vital, especially if the users have gone through a loop.

During the fight against Grima, have some of your units stand on the warp points. This blocks reinforcements. I particularity had Gray block one of the warp points on the top-left of the map, so that he could Tigerstance the Cantor whenever it spawned. As for Kliff, he slowly chipped away at Grima with Trance Shot, dealing 20 damage each time+the occasional crit. I had Alm finish off Grima with a Scendscale. I thought it was fitting enough.

My team consisted of

• Alm with fully forged Falchion
  • Celica with fully forged Beloved Zofia
  • Saint!Faye with Mage Ring (Faye went through the Villager Loop)
  • Dread Fghter!Gray with fully forged Zweihänder (Gray went through the Villager Loop)
  • Delthea with fully forged Ladyblade (Delthea went through the Villager Loop and it was worth it too, as she maxed out her attack, which was further increased by 10 thanks to the Ladyblade)
  • Bow Knight!Kliff with partially forged Killer Bow, which was swaped for a fully forged Parthia when it was time to fight Grima (Kilff went through the Villager Loop)
  • Saber with fully forged Brave Sword (Saber went through the Villager loop)
  • Mathilda with Gradivus
  • Emma with almost fully forged Trainee Lance (she makes a good Terror slayer)
  • Genny with Blessed Shield (she was the weakest of the group, mainly being there to provide extra long-range healing with Physic and to exploit the AI with Invoke)
Tbh, Thabes itself isn't that hard, as you can avoid most of the enemies if your careful. There's a required Fire Dragon fight at the end of floor 5 though. If you can't beat it, that means you aren't ready for floors 6 through 10. If you do beat it, you get the Sage's Shield.

There's also a required Fire Dragon fight on Floor 9 but only if you want to access the Sacred Springs. If not, you can safely ignore the Fire Dragon.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If it helps, here's what i did to beat it
Tigerstance and Trance Shot are vital, especially if the users have gone through a loop.

During the fight against Grima, have some of your units stand on the warp points. This blocks reinforcements. I particularity had Gray block one of the warp points on the top-left of the map, so that he could Tigerstance the Cantor whenever it spawned. As for Kliff, he slowly chipped away at Grima with Trance Shot, dealing 20 damage each time+the occasional crit. I had Alm finish off Grima with a Scendscale. I thought it was fitting enough.

My team consisted of

• Alm with fully forged Falchion
  • Celica with fully forged Beloved Zofia
  • Saint!Faye with Mage Ring (Faye went through the Villager Loop)
  • Dread Fghter!Gray with fully forged Zweihänder (Gray went through the Villager Loop)
  • Delthea with fully forged Ladyblade (Delthea went through the Villager Loop and it was worth it too, as she maxed out her attack, which was further increased by 10 thanks to the Ladyblade)
  • Bow Knight!Kliff with partially forged Killer Bow, which was swaped for a fully forged Parthia when it was time to fight Grima (Kilff went through the Villager Loop)
  • Saber with fully forged Brave Sword (Saber went through the Villager loop)
  • Mathilda with Gradivus
  • Emma with almost fully forged Trainee Lance (she makes a good Terror slayer)
  • Genny with Blessed Shield (she was the weakest of the group, mainly being there to provide extra long-range healing with Physic and to exploit the AI with Invoke)
Tbh, Thabes itself isn't that hard, as you can avoid most of the enemies if your careful. There's a required Fire Dragon fight at the end of floor 5 though. If you can't beat it, that means you aren't ready for floors 6 through 10. If you do beat it, you get the Sage's Shield.

There's also a required Fire Dragon fight on Floor 9 but only if you want to access the Sacred Springs. If not, you can safely ignore the Fire Dragon.
Pretty helpful stuff alright but I got a few questions.
Where did you find the Zweihander and Parthia at? Did you get them at Thabes by any chance?
Is it necessary for some characters to go through the Villager loop? Saber and Jesse are currently the only ones who can but I'm hesitant to reclass them right now. I say this because, as I've mentioned, I might have to rely on the overclasses and there's none available for the Villager class...I think.
Who's Emma? Is she one of them four Cipher DLC characters?

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Where did you find the Zweihander and Parthia at? Did you get them at Thabes by any chance?
Is it necessary for some characters to go through the Villager loop? Saber and Jesse are currently the only ones who can but I'm hesitant to reclass them right now. I say this because, as I've mentioned, I might have to rely on the overclasses and there's none available for the Villager class...I think.
The Zweihander is an upgraded Steel Sword, and Parthia is upgraded from the Blessed Bow. Basically, if you forge the weapons enough, you'll have the option to forge the weapon into a new one. I forget if the Steel Sword needs to be at the maximum forge level, but the Blessed Bow does. It'll cost 5 gold coins to upgrade it. If you're going to use the overclasses, those resources are probably better spent on upgrading Blessed Lances to Gradivus, since you have a lot of lance-wielders, and this gives them a ranged attack.

There's no overclass for the Villager because the Villager is the bottom class in the sequence. You need to be at level 20 in the highest class tier before you can promote to an overclass.

The most worthwhile class to get is the Oliphantier, because that increases the bow knight's range by 1. With a range of 6, the oliphantier can attack Grima without being countered. I recommend using a Killer Bow, which gives you access to Hunter's Volley. With the crit rate of the Killer Bow, at least one of the Hunter's Volley blows will likely be a critical.

After that, Harrier is nice because your fliers get access to the Fire spell. Plus, fliers have great mobility and stats. Enchantress is good, especially if you're using Delthea, since you learn the spells Death and Mire. Delthea doesn't have Thunder, so this improves her range.

And, yes, Emma is one of the Cipher characters.

As for whether to reclass Saber and Jesse, I'd say just go ahead and do it. One of the main things the overclasses have to offer is the ability to level up 20 more times. But you're already getting that if you do the Villager loop. The Dread Fighter doesn't really need an overclass because of this.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Adding to what Astellius said
Zweihänder gives the user Tigerstance, which adds their Skill stat into their Attack stance, making it one of the most powerful Arts. And despite it's power, it's HP Cost is only 8. However, it takes a long time to get Tigerstance, as the Zweihänder also comes with two other Arts the user must learn before obtaining Tigerstance.

Parthia's Trance Shot is the best alternative if you don't have the Oliphantier since Trance Shot increases Parthia's range. Trance Shot or having an Oliphantier is pretty much the only way you're beating Grima. And thankfully, Trance Shot is Parthia's only Art, so it doesn't take long to unlock. Don't let Grima move from his spot btw. The warp point he's on spawns Fire Dragons (and probably other stuff too).

Speaking of those warp points, while what they summon is random, there is still somewhat of a pattern. One of the warp panels on the top left will always summon Cantors while one on the top right will summon Dread Fighters. There's on warp panel on the bottom left that can summon a Fafnir, which is a 3rd-Tier Necrodragon. Be careful.

Edit: I forgot, non-Dread Fighters (except for the Lords) can access the Villager Class via Villager's Fork. It's DLC but it's free. You can get up to three Forks per playthrough.

Last edited:

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
I'm super late to the party, but I'll give my thoughts on Shadows of Valentia.

This is, in my opinion, the strongest element in Shadows of Valentia. A majority of the characters have depth and feel very alive and in tone with the world. I was initially skeptical of full voice acting, but it certainly did wonders when it comes to making each character feel natural and expressive. Mae is my favorite voice in the game. Very energetic without getting annoying at any point. Cherami Leigh probably had a lot of fun playing this role.
My favorite characters are probably Genny and Delthea. Initially it was just Genny, but I found Delthea's confident attitude endearing, especially because she isn't all talk and backs up the confidence with really destructive power. She's pretty awesome indeed. She was also my MVP during my play-through.

The presentation was phenomenal and the world building was great. The story was okay, nothing amazing in my opinion. A step up from Awakening and Fates for sure. Not a big fan of all the egregious deus ex machina that goes on in certain parts of the story, especially in Act 4 and a certain scene in Act 5. It was especially bad in that scene in Act 5, the one where Alm kills Celica and it's a very sad and emotional scene... or it would be if Celica wasn't revived not even 20 seconds later, making the scene lose all impact and giving a certain similar plot device in FE7 a run for its money. Point is, this scene is dumb and I hate it. Other than that though, the plot was decent and pretty enjoyable.

The map designs are absolutely atrocious. They are very uninspired, slow, and plain obnoxious in my opinion (the desert and swamp maps are especially bad when it comes to all of these). I feel the maps are designed to work against you more than anything as opposed to creating an equal balance. I have to say though, Dumas' Altar was a pretty dang good final map. I was surprised considering I'm not a big fan of most of this game's maps. Twilight of the Gods probably helped immensely with that. The dungeons were a fun novelty at first, but they started feeling kinda samey to me after a while. Not a bad feature by any means though.
The battle animations are incredible and definitely a step up from Fates and Awakening. I can't say the same for the critical animations, however. The critical animations are probably the lamest and most anti-climactic they have ever been, which is a bit of a shame considering the non-crit animations are really good.
I like the use of skills in this game. They cost HP so it adds a degree of risk and strategy and discourages spamming them. They could do with a wee bit of balancing (Double Lion is stupidly broken) but I definitely think skills should make a return in future installments.
Gameplay-wise, Shadows of Valentia is not my favorite. I still think Fates has the best game-play of the 3DS games. It's still a pretty good game though.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
While I would've preferred the Masked Knight as the Echoes GHB unit, I'm not surprised they went with Berkut. He seemed like the more obvious choice. I will say this: Berkut's Heroes art looks fantastic!

Now I wonder what will he bring to a Horse Emblem team.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
While I would've preferred the Masked Knight as the Echoes GHB unit, I'm not surprised they went with Berkut. He seemed like the more obvious choice. I will say this: Berkut's Heroes art looks fantastic!

Now I wonder what will he bring to a Horse Emblem team.
To be fair, most GHB are villains, or atleast characters you can fight -against-.

Astellius

Smash Ace
So...why exactly hasn't Amazon put Corrin P2 up for preorder yet? She's out in 10 days.
I wouldn't count on there being a pre-order at all. So, if you want her, be ready to buy her when she's released! I believe Amazon has a notification service that you can sign up for, if you wanted to get an email notification for when she comes out.

To be fair, most GHB are villains, or atleast characters you can fight -against-.
I'm always a little surprised by how often people don't notice that the GHB only consist of characters that are significant enemy figures. Perhaps Xander and Camus throw them off from noticing the trend? Xander is one of the main antagonists in Birthright, and Camus is an important enemy in Shadow Dragon.

I wonder what effect his weapon will have?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'm always a little surprised by how often people don't notice that the GHB only consist of characters that are significant enemy figures. Perhaps Xander and Camus throw them off from noticing the trend? Xander is one of the main antagonists in Birthright, and Camus is an important enemy in Shadow Dragon.
I'd say Female Robin and Navarre are the bigger throw-offs when it comes to that trend. Both characters aren't major enemies in the way others are.

Last edited:
Top Bottom