• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I don't know why Nintendo took over 18 years to publish the original silver and gold versions on e shop.that was my favorite for the series as a child. As for pokken,I'll be getting it since I skipped its original launch and I've already beaten Pokemon sun since last year.
I am kinda mixed on that I got pokken on WiiU. It seems pretty okay for an fighting game, but got only so much money on me...
So skipping it for now.

Ultramoon/ultrasun is just that. I wait till I know more before I doom it. Since I enjoyed Black2 aloooot aswell. Still has my favourite character design in it, period.

Edit: Hey, I pulled my 5th Julia today. Gonna celebrate with changing my account up.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I don't know why Nintendo took over 18 years to publish the original silver and gold versions on e shop.that was my favorite for the series as a child. As for pokken,I'll be getting it since I skipped its original launch and I've already beaten Pokemon sun since last year.
I mean, they took 20 to put gen 1 on eshop, and that was the first time mainline Pokémon games ever got on eshop.... so gen 2 is early if anything.
Ok, time to speak up about the Direct.... I don't care that Switch didn't get any Pokémon "STAAAAARS" or anything of the like, I don't care that Switch got Pokkén, I don't care about Pokémon Ultra Mega Super Sun/Moon GOTY edition on 3DS, but we have been ask─, no, begging for Pokkén U to get updates instead of being just low effort abandonware on the console, and now it will never happen....

Hey, I am hyped for Gold and Silver!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've accepted my fate that I will probably never get Jaffar, so I decided to upgrade another dagger user instead.
With the Silver Dagger+ and Seal Speed, Amelia Bedelia here gives anyone she hits -7 defense, resistance, and speed. Basically nothing is going to survive a second attack after Felicia targets them. I thought about going with Mathew instead, but being a high defense dagger wielder is kind of an awkward position. If only he had close counter.

Anyway, I keep meaning to write my full thoughts on Echoes, but I'm too lazy for that right now. You will all get it eventually.

As for the direct...well, I'm legitimately excited for Pokken Switch. Yeah, I didn't spend much time on it on the Wii U (although I feel I spent more time with it then most people), but I had an absolute blast. I got really into it when I went onto the online mode - I actually gave my sisters a scare with it because they aren't used to seeing me get that worked up over pretty much anything. And that new mode where you change out fighters? That's exactly what I wanted, for both Pokken and Smash (here's to hoping for cool new modes in Smash Deluxe).

As for Ultra on the other hand...I'll probably buy it on day one shamelessly, being the Pokemaniac I am. I'm not as excited for it as I would be for a remake or a new game, but oh well. I also was also pretty confident the next Pokemon games wouldn't be on the Switch anyway, so this isn't really disappointing to me at all.

Last edited:

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
I am kinda mixed on that I got pokken on WiiU. It seems pretty okay for an fighting game, but got only so much money on me...
So skipping it for now.

Ultramoon/ultrasun is just that. I wait till I know more before I doom it. Since I enjoyed Black2 aloooot aswell. Still has my favourite character design in it, period.

Edit: Hey, I pulled my 5th Julia today. Gonna celebrate with changing my account up.
I think I will like pokken. I like playing arena type fighters like those and I already play smash four competitively on a daily basis. I don't really like tekken though.

As someone who stopped playing the main Pokemon games after gen 4 in 2008 and coming back to gen 7 . I liked Pokemon sun alot because it changed up the formula of the series so I'm willing to take another dive of that game when ultra sun and moon comes out.

I mean, they took 20 to put gen 1 on eshop, and that was the first time mainline Pokémon games ever got on eshop.... so gen 2 is early if anything.
Ok, time to speak up about the Direct.... I don't care that Switch didn't get any Pokémon "STAAAAARS" or anything of the like, I don't care that Switch got Pokkén, I don't care about Pokémon Ultra Mega Super Sun/Moon GOTY edition on 3DS, but we have been ask─, no, begging for Pokkén U to get updates instead of being just low effort abandonware on the console, and now it will never happen....

Hey, I am hyped for Gold and Silver!
I kind of fail to see how it's early since Pokemon red/blue/ yellow and Pokemon gold/silver just seemed like good candidates to be included on e shop back when the original ds was active in its years but It never happened but I guess I should I should stop nitpicking since red,blue,silver and gold were remade but maybe that played a part on why they werent on e shop a lot earlier but then again I remember that alpha sapphire and omega ruby was on e shop in 2014 ?! My head hurts thinking about all this lmao

But plus one for the Vc versions of red,blue yellow,gold and silver for having acessed to poke bank

D

Deleted member

Temptest Trials is a very difficult mode.
I did the highest level and I had some trouble. At first it isn't so bad, but then they throw enemies that you with absurd health towards the end. Like GHB Zephiel levels of health absurd. I think a healer might be necessary just to get through it if you want to keep one good team... though I didn't bother to level up any healer...
Masked Lucina is obtainable in the mode, but I think the most dedicated will use her. She only has Falchion as her skill... she doesn't have any other skills to speak of. She will require a lot of Skill Inheritance to use.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Temptest Trials is a very difficult mode.
I did the highest level and I had some trouble. At first it isn't so bad, but then they throw enemies that you with absurd health towards the end. Like GHB Zephiel levels of health absurd. I think a healer might be necessary just to get through it if you want to keep one good team... though I didn't bother to level up any healer...
Masked Lucina is obtainable in the mode, but I think the most dedicated will use her. She only has Falchion as her skill... she doesn't have any other skills to speak of. She will require a lot of Skill Inheritance to use.
It's sooooooo much fun. It is the mode we really needed.

I went in with nowi, julia, a healer and Ryoma, because I lacked a good physical unit in the team yet.

I died at the final level, sadly. But it's hella fun, challangening, and making teams with a healer on it, is seriously nice. It makes team comps more fun to craft, as dancers aren't the go-to anymore.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Tempest Trials! I've been having fun with this mode all day, it's been quite different. It's challenging, and, sometimes, I've lost even with my best teams.

But at least I have a Lucina! The 4* "Masked Marth" Lucina... that has no skills. I will be getting the 5* "Masked Marth" Lucina as well... but I really want to pull Lucina from the banner. She's one character I REALLY want... Oh RNG Goddess, after you denied me Minerva, won't you allow me Lucina? Please?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I knew from the moment I saw that there was a 5-star character as a reward that this mode would be ridiculously hard. Having a healer is also now more important than ever - I'm really regretting benching my 5-star Lucius. My lack of good green units is really starting to show, and I've had to use my 4-star Gunter a couple of times to cover for Micalis.

Anyway, I frantically grinded up orbs due for the last day of the banner. I didn't get Jaffar from it, but I did role a 5-star Olwen. She's +spe/-res, so a quad set actually is possible.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
I knew from the moment I saw that there was a 5-star character as a reward that this mode would be ridiculously hard. Having a healer is also now more important than ever - I'm really regretting benching my 5-star Lucius. My lack of good green units is really starting to show, and I've had to use my 4-star Gunter a couple of times to cover for Micalis.

Anyway, I frantically grinded up orbs due for the last day of the banner. I didn't get Jaffar from it, but I did role a 5-star Olwen. She's +spe/-res, so a quad set actually is possible.
With respect to healers, they shouldn't be attacking or tanking hits, so their stats and their stars don't matter too much for this. The best healing spell in the game, by far, is Rehabilitate, so if you have a Priscilla, Wrys, or Lissa, that's the starting point, they're preferable to a 5* Lucius (in terms of usage right out of the box). The healing spells work just as well at level 1 as they do at level 40. Also, mobility is preferable, so Priscilla, Clarine, and Elise have the advantage over other healers. They can also wield Cav skills, which makes them even more useful.

So, basically, if you have a horse healer, throw Rehabilitate on them, that'll work well. If not, well, there were the maps where you got a free Wrys, so use one of those or (probably preferable) have Lucius inherit Rehabilitate. Wrys has the best healing set: Rehabilitate, Live to Serve (B slot), and Heavenly Light (special).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
With respect to healers, they shouldn't be attacking or tanking hits, so their stats and their stars don't matter too much for this. The best healing spell in the game, by far, is Rehabilitate, so if you have a Priscilla, Wrys, or Lissa, that's the starting point, they're preferable to a 5* Lucius (in terms of usage right out of the box). The healing spells work just as well at level 1 as they do at level 40. Also, mobility is preferable, so Priscilla, Clarine, and Elise have the advantage over other healers. They can also wield Cav skills, which makes them even more useful.

So, basically, if you have a horse healer, throw Rehabilitate on them, that'll work well. If not, well, there were the maps where you got a free Wrys, so use one of those or (probably preferable) have Lucius inherit Rehabilitate. Wrys has the best healing set: Rehabilitate, Live to Serve (B slot), and Heavenly Light (special).
Yeah, I'm thinking about training up my 4-star Clarine, who I just got in a pretty recent roll.

My 5-star Sakura, who I've been using as my sole healer since I got her, has recieved a lot of inheretence favoritism since I got her, including Rehabilitate. She can actually take a physical or magical most of the time thanks to her balanced stats, which is pretty nice.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I haven't tried the Tempest Trials yet. I'm still level grinding my 5-star Raven and Genny at this point but I will play through that eventually.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Good thing the Zephiel Grand Hero Battle is back, because I finally managed to beat it. My team consisted of Takumi, Azura, Chrom, and Julia. Takumi baited and damaged the Red Mage. The Red Mage retreated, and the Lance Knight was in range. Julia took care of that night in one turn thanks to Azura's help. The Red Mage returned, but Julia survived. The Red Mage went down quickly, and Julia damaged the incoming Blue Mage, and Chrom finished it off. This left only Zephiel and the Axe Knight. Chrom took out the Axe Knight, and then Zephiel arrived. It was easy to take out Zephiel from there, and I won the battle.

This now makes the second Grand Hero Battle I managed to complete on Lunatic difficulty, the first being Xander.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

It's another good day to be alive.
A shame Mae is a 4-star but it's alright. Never mind the other three.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So have any of you ever had a dream of seeing an FE character in Heroes?

Because that's what happened to me last night.

Conrad has become one of my favorite characters from Echoes, so it's only natural that I want him to appear in Heroes.

Last night, I dreamed that Conrad was in the next Grand Hero Battle. He was a blue cavalier unit. I forgot who the other three units were (they had the usual skill that made them tough to deal with like other units in a GHB), but I do remember Veronica surprisingly showed up as the 5th unit, still with her tome and those crazy skills of hers. It was a pretty tough battle overall, even on Hard difficulty. The map looked something like the Chapter 1 Heroes map where you fight Marth, Caeda, and Jagen, but bigger. It looked a lot like the location where Conrad warned Celica about the landslide at the beginning of Act 3.

Just when I was about to win the battle, that's when I woke up. Damn do I wish that dream was real.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
So have any of you ever had a dream of seeing an FE character in Heroes?

Because that's what happened to me last night.

Conrad has become one of my favorite characters from Echoes, so it's only natural that I want him to appear in Heroes.

Last night, I dreamed that Conrad was in the next Grand Hero Battle. He was a blue cavalier unit. I forgot who the other three units were (they had the usual skill that made them tough to deal with like other units in a GHB), but I do remember Veronica surprisingly showed up as the 5th unit, still with her tome and those crazy skills of hers. It was a pretty tough battle overall, even on Hard difficulty. The map looked something like the Chapter 1 Heroes map where you fight Marth, Caeda, and Jagen, but bigger. It looked a lot like the location where Conrad warned Celica about the landslide at the beginning of Act 3.

Just when I was about to win the battle, that's when I woke up. Damn do I wish that dream was real.
Well, I had a similar experience, just with Smash.

Dreamt of Shulk, how he foresaw the future past the end of the game, and suddenly smash 4 normal trailer was, and shulk commentated on it a bit... woke up soonafter tho.

Can guess how weirded out I was, once he got confirmed.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well, I had a similar experience, just with Smash.

Dreamt of Shulk, how he foresaw the future past the end of the game, and suddenly smash 4 normal trailer was, and shulk commentated on it a bit... woke up soonafter tho.

Can guess how weirded out I was, once he got confirmed.
I had dreams about characters appearing in Smash as well. I recall having 2-3 dreams over Smash 4's pre-release+DLC lifespan that involved seeing Professor Layton in Smash. The strongest memory I remember from each dream is seeing Layton's Smash art. Then I woke up, and I felt disappointed that it was only a dream.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Fates Anna has six fingers.

Somehow this has been ignored for a good two years now until someone pointed it out.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So uh, racking up Tempest Trial points is a chore. Like, 5* "Marth" is like 30,000 points, which is why i'm just aiming for the 4*. I feel like the Lunatic levels should offer more points, just because of how difficult they are. I have yet to actually beat any of the Lunatic levels. It honestly feels like i'm playing Conquest Endgame on Hard again.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I got my 5* Masked "Marth" from the Tempest Trials earlier today. I've been trying to pull Lucina from the banner, since she's one of my all-time favorites, but, so far, no success. I did pull a 5* Tharja, which is cool, since I like her. And then I pulled another 5* Tharja... can I just get Lucina already?

The Tempest Trials have been really great for racking up Hero Merit points and SP. My original core team of Reinhardt, Xander, Cecilia, and Priscilla all have over 1,500 HM, with Reinhardt maxed out (I use him a lot in other contexts). Tharja has almost 700, as, once I pulled her, I've been trying for perfect runs. I've gotten a few with Tharja, Camus, Azura, and Clarine.

D

Deleted member

I never had a perfect run in Temptest Trials, and getting points is an absolute slugfest.
Assuming that you win and get 500 points per Temptest Trial, you have to win 60 times just to get 5 star Masked Lucina, who having at 5 stars is a hard sell.
Sure, it's a neutral Lucina and you don't need to spend any feathers, but the 4 star variant will get you more SP and that's crucial when she has no skills.
Masked Lucina is really just bragging rights.

Nah

Smash Champion
yeah so I got another couple of Shadows of Valentia questions:
I'm at the final battle now. Do I actually need someone to have Falchion equipped in order to damage Duma or no?

How do I beat Jedah? He still has that skill that basically makes him invincible. The victory condition is "Defeat Commander", but besides the fact that half the time that's the wincon you have to kill everything else anyway, I'd rather not have to deal with him and Duma at the same time.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm at the final battle now. Do I actually need someone to have Falchion equipped in order to damage Duma or no?

How do I beat Jedah? He still has that skill that basically makes him invincible. The victory condition is "Defeat Commander", but besides the fact that half the time that's the wincon you have to kill everything else anyway, I'd rather not have to deal with him and Duma at the same time.
  1. Yes. And only Alm can wield the Falchion. The way it works is, anyone can damage Duma up until he's at half-HP. After that, only a Falchion-wielding Alm can damage and kill him. However, Nosferatu, as well as Marth and Roy, are capable of damaging and killing Duma even after the halfway mark.
    [*]Every 4th attack damages him. Doubling does not count. So, for example, Unit A can strike twice. Both attacks are negated. That counts as the first attack. Unit B can only strike once. It's negated. That counts as the second attack. Unit C can strike twice. Both attacks are negated. That counts as the third attack. Unit D can strike twice. Both attacks count as the fourth attack, thus, Unit D can damage Jedah.

Astellius

Smash Ace

Armagon gave directions to beat Jedah. However, with respect to beating Duma, Alm will need to deliver the fight that defeats the last 40 HP. Once Duma's HP reaches visible range, no one but Alm can hurt him. Alm will likely need to get a critical, so be prepared to heal him if he can't take out Duma.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

One funny thing tho.
You can beat duma with Amiibo Binding-Blade or Amiibo Falchion too. No others tho.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Dragon girl confirmed in Musou Emblem, dragon boy appears to have taken the boot, but then again, nobody* cares about dragon boy....
This is the first time she was ever considered the standard in a game, and not just the "player 2", so it's cool seeing that happening and she taking the role on the cutscenes like that. But seeing those cutscenes made me really want to have a Switch to play in that beautiful HD instead than on my 3DS now....
And hey, Pauline is back!

*you heard me

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Wow, that... nintendo direct was great, without even having Smash/Zelda in it. (Well, partially zelda.)

I hoped for something else, but wow, can't complain.

Metroid prime 4 !!!
Mario + Rabbits (That's literally X-com2 for casuals... and looks mega fun.)
Mario Odysse
Rocket League support!
Fire Emblem Warriors
Fire Emblem main game (later)
Monster hunter XX (not neccessary to buy, mh worlds comes out)
Pokemon RPG (FINALLY, I missed colliseum so much.)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
Kirby.
Shin megami Tensei
Forgott a few for sure.

Edit:
METROID FOR 3DS TOO!!

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Sakamoto doesn't know how to make Metroid games, plain and simple. The gameplay is already clearly nothing like Metroid.
I was fearing he would direct the next 2D Metroid because I know that he would make not-Metroid again....
Anyway, I am only hyped for Prime, it's incredible how the 3D games Retro makes are more Metroid than the Sakamoto 2D games.
Rant over.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Metroid prime 4 !!!
Wait really?!

....how do you do a Prime 4 tho after the end of 3?

Also was there any more information about Fire Emblem Warriors revealed besides what Metal said about Corn being in it or no?

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Also was there any more information about Fire Emblem Warriors revealed besides what Metal said about Corn being in it or no?
I don't remember any of the other information form the treehouse gameplay, but Chrom and Tiki are getting amiibo and will be compatible with the game.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Chrom and Tiki amiibos have just been revealed!

Looks like Chrom finally got his chance... as an Amiibo. I'll buy it anyway, and I'm sure I'll enjoy playing him in Warriors.

Oh yeah, my thoughts on the E3 Direct (copy and pasted from from another social I'm a part of):
  • I'm glad I kept my hopes down about Smash Switch being a thing. Turns out it's not happening just yet. Luckily, the rest of the news kept me glued to the screen.
  • The opening Switch montage was neat. Nintendo really seems keen on making Splatoon 2 into some kind of eSports game.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is looking very promising. Loving the English Dub cast, and it looks like the soundtrack was done by the same people that composed the first Xenoblade Chronicles game. It's also nice to see the game hasn't been delayed until 2018 and will still come out this year.
  • A new main series Kirby game coming to the Switch? HYPE! HD Kirby looks awesome. It seems like they are bringing that element of making enemies fight for you, a mechanic that was supposed to be in that canceled Kirby Gamecube game. I don't mind the wait until 2018, and I'm interested in seeing what plot will be this time.
  • Brief talk about Pokken DX. Cool cool... wait, a core series Pokemon game is in development for the Switch? Aw yeah! I don't think it's going to be Stars. I'm sure they are referring to generation 8. If that's the case, that makes me hyped to see DP remakes on the Switch.
  • I'm no Metroid fan, but the announcement of Metriod Prime 4 made me smile. I feel happy for the Metroid fans.
  • New Yoshi game looks cool. Seems like they're going from the yarn style to a cardboard style this time. Not sure if I'll buy it though.
  • Fire Emblem Warriors hype! The English Dub cast sounds great thus far. No surprise the blond protagonists' mother will be killed off at the beginning of the game. She seemed like the Emmeryn/Mikoto archetype. The choice of using Female Corrin over Male Corrin likely reflects the popularity polls where she generally did better than her male counterpart. Ryoma and Xander look badass in HD. Kind of wish they showed some more characters, but other than that, I thought was a good trailer.
  • No surprise at some talk about Breath of the Wild DLC news. That Trial of the Sword looks pretty challenging. Really liked that new art of Link against that Silver Lynel.
  • Oh hey, it's ma boy Kass! Wait, Champions' Ballad? I see the four Champions. Now we see colored art of the four Champions and Princess Zelda... hold it, "Champions Ballad" is the name of the second DLC pack that will be released in December?...

Reaction to Champions' Ballad DLC news
  • ...HOLY COW YES!!!!!!! When they first mentioned there would be a story expansion deal with the December DLC pack, one of my top wishes was that this story expansion would expand on the four Champions. I liked all four of the Champions, especially Revali, but one major issue I had with them is that they didn't appear very much during the story and thus weren't as fleshed out as much as they should have been considering how the game treats them as major characters. Considering the name of that DLC pack states "Champions' Ballad," it looks like the DLC will give us that much needed expansion on the Champions, most likely giving them more screen time and backstories. You guys, This is HUGE! You don't know how excited I am for this. This is exactly what I wanted the Breath of the Wild story DLC expansion to do. You thought some of the Champions were bland or unlikable? Well, looks like this DLC has the potential to change your opinions on the four of them or even strengthen opinions on the Champions you liked. If you asked me, I really want to see Revali getting fleshed out in this DLC. I already liked him in the game, but I think giving him more screen time so we can understand other bits to him would be pretty cool.
  • Oh hey, more Breath of the Wild amiibo. That Revali amiibo will be mine!
  • I don't think that was necessary to talk about Mario + Rabbids, even if it was just for a little bit. It looks like a cool game though.
  • Not interested in Rocket League, but hey, great for the fans that wanted it on the Switch.
  • Wow, that Super Mario Odyssey Trailer was stellar! Mario can possess enemies using his animated hat? That sounds like fun! Pretty cool that Mario will even wear different costumes during the course of the adventure. I wish we saw more of those villainous bunnies (we only saw a bit of the female one fighting Mario). I'm curious to know what there deal is. Also surprising the game will release sooner than I expected. When I first heard a "Holiday 2017" release date, I was expecting the game to come out sometime in December. An October 27th release is cool in my book. Definitely looking forward to playing it.
Ultimately, I only had 5 spaces (not counting Free Space) on my Nintendo E3 Bingo card crossed off. I guess this means the E3 Direct blew my expectations.

In all, I give this Direct a 9/10. Really great stuff that caught my interest!

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Wait really?!

....how do you do a Prime 4 tho after the end of 3?

Federation Force already set the wheels moving for Prime 4, and to be fair, Prime 3 was already setting that too.
Well, we got to see Ryoma and Xander too, and uh, the amiibos, and Kamui uses the dragon stone too, so she is the only character revealed so far that is not 100% sword, uh, there is a double team special based on the pairing system, and there is a gauntlet mode based on the Arenas, also the game looks beautiful as hell, please someone give me a Switch, I am not even mad at the lack of representation from 90% of the series anymore....

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did see the Fire Emblem Warriors footage, and I am kind of wondering if male Corrin may be implemented as well. Female Corrin's title is Nohr Princess, so maybe male Corrin could have the title, Hoshido Prince. It would at least be a large reference to the Fire Emblem Fates boxarts, where male Corrin represents Birthright, while female Corrin represents Conquest.

Nah

Smash Champion
Federation Force already set the wheels moving for Prime 4, and to be fair, Prime 3 was already setting that too.
How exactly though?

I'm not familiar with Federation Force, but the Prime Trilogy was essentially the story of Samus dealing with Metroid Prime and the Phazon threat for 3 games, and then at the end of 3 it seems very much that Metroid Prime/Dark Samus is (finally) destroyed for good, and Phaaze, the biggest source of Phazon in the galaxy, is destroyed as well, so....?

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
How exactly though?

I'm not familiar with Federation Force, but the Prime Trilogy was essentially the story of Samus dealing with Metroid Prime and the Phazon threat for 3 games, and then at the end of 3 it seems very much that Metroid Prime/Dark Samus is (finally) destroyed for good, and Phaaze, the biggest source of Phazon in the galaxy, is destroyed as well, so....?
In the end of Prime 3 we can see the ship of Sylux from Hunters stalking Samus around the galaxy, so Retro already put right there some "unfinished business" in the Prime series. In the end of FF Sylux is a bad boy and do something that is totally gonna play a big part in Prime 4.
I literally just saw the reveal of the new Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga.... Goombas fighting on their own will to rescue Bowser? Have my feking money right now.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just watched the Nintendo E3 presentation. It was pretty good, to say the least.

Xenoblade 2- Excited for this but I gotta play through the original first.
Fire Emblem Warriors- It looks okay at the moment. Still need to see more.
Kirby- Looks like a lot of fun. Sign me up.
Yoshi- Looks pretty cool but I'm pretty neutral about it.
Metroid Prime 4- Even though just an announcement, I'm still pretty excited about it. I gotta play the first 3 games first.
Zelda: BotW DLC- Excited for those, mainly the Champions Ballad pack.
Mario + Rabbids- Looks okay but not interested.
Mario Odyssey- I got no words to describe how awesome that game looks right now. I'm gonna have a field day mind controlling enemies with that hat of his.
The rest I don't give a damn about.

Now to check out what Sony has.

D

Deleted member

To keep this short and sweet, I think Nintendo won this E3 with these impressive announcements and how the games were showcased in the trailers.
While I am a bit upset to not see Luigi in Mario Odyssey and Takumi in FE Warriors, the games they showed off were still impressive. I'm really looking forward to Xenoblade 2, Kirby, and Yoshi and I am glad that Metroid is getting some much deserved attention.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Thoughts on the E3 Nintendo Direct
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2. YES PLEASE! We finally get our first full look at the game. I got Noragami vibes when Pyra transformed into Rex's sword. The game's world looks as impressive as always, and the game's been confirmed to have a 2017 release! Turns out that XC2 is using the same engine as XCX, hence the faster development time. The menu's look really nice and so does the combat. So it turns out Pyra, as well as other Blades, aren't playable characters, but rather, support characters. You can switch between any Blade at any time, and even switch them up between other party members, allowing for good variety in combat. Some people have expressed their dislike of the character desings, and if you are one of those people, just remember that Xenoblade loves customization, and you'll be able to change characters' equipment, which will change their appearances, even in cutscenes. AND THE MUSIC!!!!! IT'S SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • A new Kirby is always good.
  • Main series Pokemon game coming to the Switch. That's nice. It'll be weird not having the second screen though.
  • Yoshi. The start of the trailer made me think it was Paper Mario. I don't really play Yoshi games but it's nice.
  • Metroid Prime 4 (and Metorid: Samus Returns, which was revealed later on). I don't play Metorid a whole lot but i'm so happy for Metroid fans. Hey, if Bubsy could come back, so can Samus. Now we just need an F-Zero game.
  • Fire Emblem Warriors. The dub sounds nice, outside of the sibling protagonists. They sound a bit cheesy. I like what i've seen of the gameplay. Also, Chrom and Tiki Amiibos. I guess Tiki is confirmed as a playable character too.
  • Breath of the Wild DLC. We already knew the full details of the first pack but it's nice to see that the second pack contains a new story featuring the four Champions. And they have Amiibo for each one. Oh, you hear that? That's the sound of scalpers buying them all and Nintendo never restocking.
  • Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. Looks nice. Next. Honestly, Ubisoft already went into detail with it yesterday. It didn't need to show up again in the Direct.
  • Never played Rocket League. Heard it's good though. May try it.
  • Super Mario Odyssey. Like the last trailer, i thought it was a completely different game thanks to the dinosaur. But nope, it's Mario. I think Mario being able to posses a dinosaur was enough to give Nintendo the gold medal at E3. Yeah, Nintendo won E3 this year. Also, Mario can posses just about anything. Including trees.
  • Mari&Luigi: Superstar Saga DX+Bowser's Minions. I'm excited for the remake, since i never completed the original version.
Oh, and btw here are those amazing Xenoblade 2 songs i was talking about. There are four samples up on the Japanse website but naturally, they've been uploaded to YouTube.
This is the best one out of the four songs btw, since it sounds like an Engage the Enemy remix. But the other 3 are really good too.
This seems to be the main theme.
Seems to be an area theme. I'm getting Satorl Marsh and Sylvalum vibes from it.
Unique Monster/Tyrant battle theme? Or regular boss battle theme? Either way, it reminds me of Mechanical Rhythm and You Will Know Our Names.

Top Bottom