• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
LordTakeo LordTakeo is this your Selena?
Screenshot_2017-05-09-22-12-21.png

When i noticed it had the Wo Dao+ and Moonbow, plus being a 5-Star, i began to wonder if this was yours, since i remember you mentioning that your Selena was 5-Star with Wo Dao+ and Moonbow.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Haven't done Fates characters' birthdays in a while, but today just so happens to be a birthday for one of them.

Happy Birthday Hinata!

Artist credit goes out to そば from pixiv

I know HInata tends to get a lot of flack as a character, but I'm among those people that genuinely likes him. Great retainer to Takumi and has a playful-puppy and a keen sense of other people's emotions that makes him pretty endearing for me.

So I'm changing my avatar to Hinata for today just to give him some love and appreciation.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
LordTakeo LordTakeo is this your Selena?
View attachment 129012
When i noticed it had the Wo Dao+ and Moonbow, plus being a 5-Star, i began to wonder if this was yours, since i remember you mentioning that your Selena was 5-Star with Wo Dao+ and Moonbow.
Hah! What a coincidence.
I never got the luck of an ephraim, so sadly not mine. (Also I use her Triangle adept)

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Wait, 200? Not 2,000? My little sister told me wrong.

But whatever, I think I'll just save my feathers for the future. There's no character I absolutely need to have in my team right now, and my 5-Star Michalis is so amazing that I'll rarely need a substitute for him anyway.
Yeah, it's it's 200 from 2 to 3 stars, so it's not that much. One advantage to the Askran trio, though, is that I believe there's always (or at least usually) one that's included in the bonus characters for the arena.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I finally got that 4* Ursula too and went to put work on her right away and daaaaaaamn, she obliterates Tharja in her most.... popular, characteristic. I also remember she was a cool character in Blazing Blade, so it's Ursula 2 ─ 0 Tharja.
She should be in that gauntlet instead of her lesser wannabe Tharja, wasn't the later already in one after all?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
She should be in that gauntlet instead of her lesser wannabe Tharja, wasn't the later already in one after all?
Nope, this is Tharja's first appearance on a gauntlet. Leo is the only character who has appeared in two gauntlets thus far.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
o3t6g7RUQq1rl66y8o3_540.png
o3t6g7RUQq1rl66y8o2_540.png
o3t6g7RUQq1rl66y8o1_540.png

(X)

I find it kinda interesting how divisive Hinata can be. I like his appearance, and don't really think having a fairly normal personality is something you can solely hold against a character. Maybe it's because he is retainer to Takumi, one of the game's focus characters, and is a partner to Oboro, who is one of the best fleshed out side characters, that he just comes off as unremarkable in comparison.

Regardless, happy birthday to him!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

It's so beautiful, I shed a tear.

I almost feel bad, knowing people will be fighting my Vantage Xander in the arena. But hey, with all the Vantage Hectors and Takumis out there, a Xander might be a nice change of pace.

Maybe I'll swap out Spur Defense with Threaten Defense at some point...but I think I'm sick of SP grinding for now.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I postponed my Xander 5* promotion and grinding, all thanks to Ryoma, are you proud, Ryoma? Furthermore I am just happy with Ursula now, so suck that, Ryoma!
Now getting down to business.... 18 orbs, should I fall into the temptation of mindlessly wasting them in the hopes of a Ninian, or should I keep holding on the orbs until she is a focus character again, and so my deception can be even bigger?

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I postponed my Xander 5* promotion and grinding, all thanks to Ryoma, are you proud, Ryoma? Furthermore I am just happy with Ursula now, so suck that, Ryoma!
Now getting down to business.... 18 orbs, should I fall into the temptation of mindlessly wasting them in the hopes of a Ninian, or should I keep holding on the orbs until she is a focus character again, and so my deception can be even bigger?
I got my 4th julia... Whyyy...
And I don't have the patience to wait for anything anymore, really.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Meanwhile, i'm saving my Orbs for the Celica banner and watch me waste my Orbs by not getting a single Focus from the Celica banner and instead, i get even more Subakis and Draugs.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon

It's so beautiful, I shed a tear.

I almost feel bad, knowing people will be fighting my Vantage Xander in the arena. But hey, with all the Vantage Hectors and Takumis out there, a Xander might be a nice change of pace.

Maybe I'll swap out Spur Defense with Threaten Defense at some point...but I think I'm sick of SP grinding for now.
Hm.. so Vantage, and Spur Defense (eventually will be switched with Threaten Defense. Also is that Armored Blow you have on him as his Passive A?).

I five stared Xander last night and maxed him out this morning. Currently working on a build for him (and Soren) as I'm interested in harnessing their potentiality. They seem to hold up some promise. Do you think there are already builds set out for these two at the moment? (I'm thinking of theory crafting Soren's build though, so he's up to me.)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hm.. so Vantage, and Spur Defense (eventually will be switched with Threaten Defense. Also is that Armored Blow you have on him as his Passive A?).
It's defiant attack. One of the first things I noticed when I got Xander is that a lot of popular characters can double him and bring him under half health, so I built my set for him around it.
I five stared Xander last night and maxed him out this morning. Currently working on a build for him (and Soren) as I'm interested in harnessing their potentiality. They seem to hold up some promise. Do you think there are already builds set out for these two at the moment? (I'm thinking of theory crafting Soren's build though, so he's up to me.)
I'm pretty sure there is, though I like to craft my own builds.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I have sufficient feathers to upgrade Xander now, but I think I'll hold off for a bit. Camus will be coming out sometime soon (hopefully), and I might want to promote him first, for purposes of arena bonus heroes. Xander, Camus, and Cecilia are in line for promotion, they're going to make up my Horse Emblem team (with Reinhardt, who I've already promoted). Cecilia needs the promotion the least, because, with her Gronnblade, she's already OP. Camus & Xander have special weapons for their 5-star levels.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Did another roll today, thanks to those 10 bonus orbs we got yesterday.
I got my hopes really high when I saw that there were four green orbs, but the RNGoddess just had to troll me and make them all worthless...except for, of course, Lucius, who I already got when trying to roll for Jaffar during the Blazing Shadows banner.

I'm not sure what to do with him. I could merge him with my old Lucius, but I never actually use him. I could also send him home for hero feathers, but considering how rare 5-stars are, 1,000 isn't a whole lot.

On a different note, we now know who's going to be in Celica's banner.
Genny has a skill that allows staves to do full damage. I sure wish my +attack Sakura had that...
Or better yet, that staffs didn't have reduced damage in the first place. Its so silly when clerics aren't all that outstanding in the lategame or arena anyway.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Did another roll today, thanks to those 10 bonus orbs we got yesterday.
I got my hopes really high when I saw that there were four green orbs, but the RNGoddess just had to troll me and make them all worthless...except for, of course, Lucius, who I already got when trying to roll for Jaffar during the Blazing Shadows banner.

I'm not sure what to do with him. I could merge him with my old Lucius, but I never actually use him. I could also send him home for hero feathers, but considering how rare 5-stars are, 1,000 isn't a whole lot.

On a different note, we now know who's going to be in Celica's banner.
Genny has a skill that allows staves to do full damage. I sure wish my +attack Sakura had that...
Or better yet, that staffs didn't have reduced damage in the first place. Its so silly when clerics aren't all that outstanding in the lategame or arena anyway.
Oh shoot. Why did I shot out all my orbs for a 4th julia. I love how they are all magic based, in contrary to the melee based banner from last time.
(But a bit overkill, seeing mages all over the place thanks to the gauntlet.)
But very interesting&nice skills.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I saw that new Echows banner trailer and
Screenshot_2017-05-12-06-45-15.png
_20170512_064741.JPG

This upsets me immensly. Yes, Celica is more known for being a magic user. But Valentian mages don't use Tomes.

All jokes aside, i am liking this banner. All the artwork looks great. Also, shoutout to Genny for potentially being the best healer now since she can attack at full power.

Also shoutout to Celica for using Ragnarok.

I am a bit upset that Saber isn't in tho. Especially because of the boat map.

Anyways, i've got 31 Orbs right now. And i'm actually gonna hold off summoning until i get Echoes on the 19th, so i'll have even more Orbs then.

D

Deleted member

I hope I will be able to get Celica from the banner, because I want to have her immensely.
I'm glad that every unit in the banner is of a different color. That will make getting the unit we want from the banner a bit easier.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I didn't think we'd get Boey and Genny in the upcoming Celica banner, but they seem pretty interesting. Rather surprising none of the mages summon magic from their bodies like they do SoV. I was expecting them to hold balls of energy reflective of their color unit to represent how mages act in SoV rather than use Tomes.

And shame we're not getting Saber. I was really hoping he'd appear in the next banner.

I'm currently at 50 orbs, so hopefully, my chances of getting one of the characters will pay off.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Ok, this Gauntlet is insane. Sanaki and Julia are constantly going back and forward in terms of who's in the lead. Linde and Tharja are almost even, in fact, Linde took the lead for a little bit too.

This 3x multipler rule is making everything so exciting.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Robin and Merric is pretty close too. When I joined Team Robin, Merric was in the lead by of about 70,000,000 points. Now, Robin has the advantage with a score of 986,403,500 against Merric's 884,933,922.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm only playing when Leo's got the disadvantage just so that I get that x3 multiplier. I've only fought twice, but my rank is already through the roof.

It looks like Henry is starting to struggle at getting a lead over Leo, though. He just went from a disadvantage to being slightly below, with their rankings being listed as "same". I don't think he's getting the multiplier right now, so Leo will probably keep the lead for a while.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Ok, i have some more Echoes DLC news. Regardless of your opinion on the DLC, i think most of you will at least get the final series of DLC. This final series contains the four mascots of FE Cipher: Emma, Shade, Yuzu, and Lando. In fact, we've already got a glimpse of their battle animations. The gifs aren't properly uploading so i'll just post the links to them:

Emma: https://gfycat.com/HugeLeftCranefly

Shade: https://gfycat.com/CaninePointedBobcat

Yuzu: https://gfycat.com/HastySlimIndianrockpython

Lando: https://gfycat.com/BelovedWellmadeAdeliepenguin

And finally, we also have (conecpt) art of Emma and Shade, all thanks to Hidari

I do find it interesting that Shade is a Saint and Yuzu is a Priestess, but it makes sense. Shade can't be a Sorcerer, as Dark Magic is enemy-exclusive in Echoes, and Priestess is the only female Class that can use swords, which is why Yuzu is in it.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
What sorcery is this? Did the Tharja army organize themselves to have only 10% of them playing the gauntlet?
All the last who-knows-how-many-times I've seen the thing, they have been winning by the same hundreds of points, not getting too far ahead for us to get the triple points....

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
What sorcery is this? Did the Tharja army organize themselves to have only 10% of them playing the gauntlet?
All the last who-knows-how-many-times I've seen the thing, they have been winning by the same hundreds of points, not getting too far ahead for us to get the triple points....
It's likely that Team Tharja and Team Linde have burned through their flags, so none is getting significantly ahead to trigger the 3x multiplier.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I imagine Tharja's fanbase would be livid if she loses the gauntlet. I must commend Team Linde for their efforts in trying to keep up with her.

I must say this gauntlet is getting pretty interesting, unlike the last one.

Astellius

Smash Ace
The 3x multiplier has been working well enough to keep any match from being a total blowout. In terms of hourly gains, Tharja gets around 130-180 million points, while the next most popular character, Robin, only gets about 70-95 million. Very roughly speaking, this means that Tharja has about twice the support of Robin right now. Linde, without the multiplier, gets around 50-80 million. On multiplier hours, Linde gets about 400-500 million points, which narrows Tharja's lead, but isn't enough to pass her.

At this point, the data indicates that Tharja, Robin, and Leo all have safe leads where their opponent's multiplier hour gains can no longer make up the margins they're losing by. Julia's likely to win, but an upset might be possible if Sanaki's multiplier is triggered sufficiently close to the end of the gauntlet.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
That did nothing to stop Camilla from world domination in the last gauntlet.
Hey! I joined Team Linde, just to grab feathers on a high rank, and did my best to overthrow that dark lady.
My hate for Tharja is bigger than my love for anything else on this gauntlet right now.

As for Camilla, it was just people who saw "oh, camilla will win, let's vote her."
With tharja being a tad older, and more hated, and people being unsure, AND 3x multiplier, it seems pretty good.

... also, many people just don't participate, I mean, you see alot of unranked people.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
But you guys don't understand, whatever it is that is "against" Tharja, is just helping her, because the whole day I didn't see a single time she getting too far ahead for the multiplier to kick in. Maybe I am just opening the game in all of the wrong times?

Astellius

Smash Ace
But you guys don't understand, whatever it is that is "against" Tharja, is just helping her, because the whole day I didn't see a single time she getting too far ahead for the multiplier to kick in. Maybe I am just opening the game in all of the wrong times?
Linde's multiplier has activated 10 times so far in the gauntlet, with it happening more frequently at the beginning. Now it's been activating about every 6-7 hours. Basically this means that Linde has had the multiplier up for about 25% of the time.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Well, it is activated now, hopefully this can lead to an upset in the final hours.

I pulled the trigger on more summonings right now and.... wtf
Oook? I remember when I was spending hundreds of orbs to get my first Kamui, and like one day later the free Kamui on Android happened. And now in less than one week I got 3 more of her. They are all going to be sacrificed in the name of my first Kamui, so I am not complaining, keep 'em coming.
No more blue units in that bundle, so I put my luck against another one and....
FINALLY!
She is not a character I was focusing on getting like Lyn, Hector, Kamui and her brothers, but I have been wanting her from the start regardless and I am damn glad I finally got her! She is also a +SPD -DEF, so GOOD IVs FOR ONCE!!!!
She may as well be the substitute for Ninian in my team even after I eventually get a Ninian, so sorry Ursula, but my next feathers are going to her!

To change a little bit the subject, it's a shame they just started giving orbs at the arena, because I am almost giving up on it entirely.... the Advantage meta is getting to me. And too many damn Hectors, too many damn Ikes already. I am going to say right now that Ike is the first character that legitimately needs nerfing in that game. Yes, I said it.
It was actually the arena that made me throw everything to the wind and spend the orbs I was looking to save for a focus Ninian banner, in the hopes that it would get me in a better mood before closing the game. It worked.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
To change a little bit the subject, it's a shame they just started giving orbs at the arena, because I am almost giving up on it entirely.... the Advantage meta is getting to me. And too many damn Hectors, too many damn Ikes already. I am going to say right now that Ike is the first character that legitimately needs nerfing in that game.
The Arena isn't actually that bad, and this is coming from a casual player, meaning i don't care about whether the IVs on my units are good or not. I'm probably not moving past Tier 13, but i don't mind, because i still get 3 Orbs a week. Can't complain. Hector isn't actually that hard to deal with btw, especially if you have a red mage. Ike is a bit harder to deal with but just get Swordbreaker. It does wonders.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
To change a little bit the subject, it's a shame they just started giving orbs at the arena, because I am almost giving up on it entirely.... the Advantage meta is getting to me. And too many damn Hectors, too many damn Ikes already. I am going to say right now that Ike is the first character that legitimately needs nerfing in that game. Yes, I said it.
It was actually the arena that made me throw everything to the wind and spend the orbs I was looking to save for a focus Ninian banner, in the hopes that it would get me in a better mood before closing the game. It worked.
I have not really encountered many problems in arena, really...
All counters to favourable match-ups, are in the current banners.
Your team needs to check takumi? Go for TA Robin.
Your team hates Reinhard? Well, Julia is there to save-ya.
And ofc, my favourite pick:

And of course.
Linde and tharja for the more expensive team set-ups, if you got ephraim or eirika.
I mean, it's not that bad currently. Anything in Arena can be used by yourself, or be countered. I mean, even Robin can just take b. tomebreaker, and can take care of enemy reinhards aswell.

I haven't had anything below 4k points since weeks.

Edit: If you hate vantage hector so much, just pick Zephiel. He's amazing on his own. He's basically red-hector, just without distant counter. So no need for pull-luck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom