• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Arrei

Smash Lord
What are you guys' thoughts on Berserkers? Are they of any use? I promoted Charlotte into a Hero so she could pick up Sol with the intent of reclassing her to Berserker later, but I'm having trouble deciding if I really want to turn her into a class that has high HP but takes tons of damage with each exchange. On the other hand, she isn't doing much fighting as a Hero either, because its rounded stats still aren't good enough to make her safe to rely on heavily. She's mainly being a stat mule for Kana now, and occasionally chucks a Hand Axe for chip damage.

She also has the option of Partner Sealing into Swordmaster for Astra, but again, her defenses are butt and it's quite late in the game to make her use Bronze weapons.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I know I'm late to the Azura discussion, but I know I've been using her primarily because of how accessible she is in this one. Also, without her singing, I literally would not have beaten the final map in Conquest. I've used the "extra turn" command more in Fates than in any other game.

Her HP growths are garbage (and defense for that matter) so one mistep gets her killed all the time. I've had to play mega defensively with her, but it's worked out.

What are you guys' thoughts on Berserkers? Are they of any use? I promoted Charlotte into a Hero so she could pick up Sol with the intent of reclassing her to Berserker later, but I'm having trouble deciding if I really want to turn her into a class that has high HP but takes tons of damage with each exchange. On the other hand, she isn't doing much fighting as a Hero either, because its rounded stats still aren't good enough to make her safe to rely on heavily. She's mainly being a stat mule for Kana now, and occasionally chucks a Hand Axe for chip damage.

She also has the option of Partner Sealing into Swordmaster for Astra, but again, her defenses are butt and it's quite late in the game to make her use Bronze weapons.
I know I certainly didn't make Arthur one. Hit chance with Axes is already crap and I didn't want to have a Berserker who can't hit ****. I don't know what new abilities they have in Fates, but aside from...Axefaire? I think? They're pretty forgettable.

Could be worth a shot if you really want to see how it goes though. Plus it *might* be handy to have a unit that can use S-rank axes.

Last edited:

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I saw this video about the Amiibo characters critical quotes and I'm really disappointed.
WHY IKE DOESN'T SAY "PREPARE YOURSELF"?
Marth is pretty good tho.

Also, looks like Europe will get an "uncensored" version of the game:
But since the tweet is wrote in Spanish, I'll leave here the link for the audio clip found and maybe someone who played the game already (like everyone here lol) can confirm/deconfirm this rumor:
http://goombella123.tumblr.com/post/140081511484/my-theory-is-that-skinship-is-still-in-the-game

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I saw this video about the Amiibo characters critical quotes and I'm really disappointed.

But since the tweet is wrote in Spanish, I'll leave here the link for the audio clip found and maybe someone who played the game already (like everyone here lol) can confirm/deconfirm this rumor:
http://goombella123.tumblr.com/post/140081511484/my-theory-is-that-skinship-is-still-in-the-game
He doesn't say Prepare Yourself because Nintendo heard the babies complain about memes in localization

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I know these are the two most quietest characters in the game but i can't tell if this is an error that will be patched soon or if this was actually intended
BTW, the comment section has more salt than the oceans of Kamino.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I know these are the two most quietest characters in the game but i can't tell if this is an error that will be patched soon or if this was actually intended
Nice to see that people can still find time for a staring contest in the middle of a war.:awesome:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
OH HEY GUYS! WHAT'S GOING ON??

DO YOU KNOW THAT IN THE NOHR CAMPAIGN IN THE CHAPTER PRINCESS HINOKA, NEAR THE END OF IT ONE THE ENEMIES RIDING ONE OF THOSE FLYING CHICKENS MANAGED TO GET A ONE HIT KILL CRITICAL ON ODIN WHO HAD THE BOWBREAKER SKILL AND A HIT RATE OF 15% WITH 10% CRIT CHANCE???
ISN'T THAT WONDERFUL?? WHY DON'T I JUST BEND OVER AND PREPARE TO GET SERVICED FROM BEHIND NEXT TIME??? WHY THE **** NOT?

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well, i heard that berserkers are often used in japanese teams of fates (high damage, crit and a meta focused in cheap tatics that only work in your turn) so berser are like the units that will one shot enemies during your turn and die during the oponent turn

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, i heard that berserkers are often used in japanese teams of fates (high damage, crit and a meta focused in cheap tatics that only work in your turn) so berser are like the units that will one shot enemies during your turn and die during the oponent turn
I'm sure Charlotte is a popular pick over there then. Her strength is ridiculously high!

Might try running her in Revelations, if nothing else. All she did was support Xander in Conquest. (No, I don't know why I did that to him either.)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Since promoting Charlotte to Berserker her crit % is never below 40% literally every other time she connects it's a crit.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's the thing - I feel like Berserkers are scary in the enemy's hands, because they're so powerful and tank so much damage, but much less so when your units are not expendable like theirs are. With the nerf to ranged weapons Fates introduced, I also can't take advantage of her crit rate safely like I can with Snipers and OPhelia. Seriously that girl is slinging around that Mistletainn tome of hers with 36% critical chance as a Sorcerer.

But her crit is at 40, you say? Even without a Killer Axe? She might be worth using if that's the case.

Last edited:

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Lol, who decided the new thread's title?
It's funny and actually true ahahahah

Also reminds me I haven't played the game yet ;-;

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If they patch it maybe they'll patch the typos.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Pretty sure this was intentionally done as a joke. As a one off joke it's kind of funny, but replacing an ENTIRE CONVERSATION that actually had some good depth and character to it is just foolish.

*Unrelated*

When Orochi says she's dumping you for Corrin.

Arrei

Smash Lord
The strange thing is that according to the video poster, the following supports seem to continue as if the original C Support had taken place. It can't be a bug, but if you intended to change one conversation, for comedic value or otherwise, shouldn't the next conversation have built off of it instead of treating it like it never happened?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Lol, who decided the new thread's title?
It's funny and actually true ahahahah

Also reminds me I haven't played the game yet ;-;
I'm guilty, I feel a thread name change is a fun and fresh thing for the Corrin community. Now that I've an off day I need to get to work on my other dedications to these boards.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, that's the thing - I feel like Berserkers are scary in the enemy's hands, because they're so powerful and tank so much damage, but much less so when your units are not expendable like theirs are. With the nerf to ranged weapons Fates introduced, I also can't take advantage of her crit rate safely like I can with Snipers and OPhelia. Seriously that girl is slinging around that Mistletainn tome of hers with 36% critical chance as a Sorcerer.

But her crit is at 40, you say? Even without a Killer Axe? She might be worth using if that's the case.
So is Ophelia just like really good or something? I never got her in Conquest, but if she has anything like Odin's growth rates I guess I wouldn't be surprised.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Ophelia comes with a personal skill that grants her +10 Crit whenever she's carrying 3 or more spells in her inventory, and completing her Paralogue also gifts her with a personal Missiletainn tome with +1 Skl/Res, 9 Mt, and 10 Crit, but 70 Acc. She's not as powerful as Elise right now, but that crit is delicious. (And no one's as powerful as Elise anyway - the lil' squirt's already packing over 30 Mag) I have her carrying around Missiletainn, a forged Fire tome for accuracy, a Lightning tome for more chances to crit and finish off a foe, Horse Spirit for the Spd buff, and a Moonlight tome for healing. Now I'm just wondering if I should have her spend a few levels as a Swordmaster to pick up Astra, because Vengeance is dum.

Also she's almost as squeaky as Nyx but less sociopathic so yay cute

Last edited:

Sonicfiend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicfiend
3DS FC
0903-3749-1655
So I beat Conquest last night and...
I hate the final map of the game. Takumi's enemy unit isn't even that hard, it's everything else that aggravates me to no end. Endless spawning enemies and that stupid shockwave attack that knocks of half of everybody's HP if not behind these rocks brought up by Dragon Vein. All of the royal family except Elise fell because of it (because she's married to Benny and his defense plus the Blessed Lance is godlike).

I plan on doing the endgame chapter again to save their lives and then I plan on giving FE some breathing room to indulge in some good ol' fashioned Pokemon Blue.

And the final list of casualties are as such:

Niles, Forrest, Arthur, Kaze, Siegbert, Leo, Camilla, Xander.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So my School was spending all day doing this giant crossword
They couldn't figure out the last one (Across 22) that linked with all the others so they called me in because apparently I'm supr smrt
So I walk in and look at the linking ones
Ponder a bit

And then I re-read the one needed to be solved
"3 Letters - Title of Camilla"

"M O M"
*writes down linking words*
*Mom was the right answer*
*insert hype from entire school*

Do I get Mama Camilla hugs now

Arrei

Smash Lord
It linked into everything else? Does that mean they had two of the three letters and couldn't figure out the last one?

By the way, it might be old news but can I just say I really appreciate how Corrin's moves in Smash incorporate aspects of his Dragon Fang? Fsmash and DFS out of the normal Dragon Fang, but even Dragon Lunge comes from his critical Dragon Fang animation. Makes me wish the other FE characters had that attention to detail for more than one move at most. Closest thing is Ike's Quick Draw being his own critical hit animation, I think.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I hate the final map of the game. Takumi's enemy unit isn't even that hard, it's everything else that aggravates me to no end. Endless spawning enemies and that stupid shockwave attack that knocks of half of everybody's HP if not behind these rocks brought up by Dragon Vein. All of the royal family except Elise fell because of it (because she's married to Benny and his defense plus the Blessed Lance is godlike).

I plan on doing the endgame chapter again to save their lives and then I plan on giving FE some breathing room to indulge in some good ol' fashioned Pokemon Blue.

Ugh. That **** was rough. Coupled with not being able to save (which by the way I blanked on at one point when Camilla died, and I reset. Chapter 27 is such a pain in the ass this nearly had me in tears.) and having Corrin die on it once, it was rough.

Keaton and Velouria having extremely OP abilities and self-healing really saved my ass here. And once the annoyingly endless enemies got to be too much, and people started dying, I knew I had to move Corrin down there ASAP.

I only managed to get him down there after Azura sang at him to move him further, sacrificing herself in the process. Corrin had Dragon Fang blocked by Takumi's stupid clone, but I had a VERY lucky dodge that would've otherwise been another rage-inducing setback.

With Xander's help (Siegfried OP) I was able to take down Takumi just before he became an insurmountable problem. Jeez. Conquest certainly gave me the classic challenge I was expecting. Kudos.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
More Miiverse drawings (this are not done by me)

I'm currently stuck on Conquest Ch.19. Going into the chapter, i knew the only thing i would be fighting were Kitsunes. On paper, that seemed fine. The problem is that the Kitsunes and Nine-Tails get stat-boosts from their stones. And i have to kill all of them since its a rout the enemy mission. And there's probably reinforcements. Anybody have any tips?

Ugh. That **** was rough. Coupled with not being able to save (which by the way I blanked on at one point when Camilla died, and I reset. Chapter 27 is such a pain in the *** this nearly had me in tears.) and having Corrin die on it once, it was rough.

Keaton and Velouria having extremely OP abilities and self-healing really saved my *** here. And once the annoyingly endless enemies got to be too much, and people started dying, I knew I had to move Corrin down there ASAP.

I only managed to get him down there after Azura sang at him to move him further, sacrificing herself in the process. Corrin had Dragon Fang blocked by Takumi's stupid clone, but I had a VERY lucky dodge that would've otherwise been another rage-inducing setback.

With Xander's help (Siegfried OP) I was able to take down Takumi just before he became an insurmountable problem. Jeez. Conquest certainly gave me the classic challenge I was expecting. Kudos.
The more i read about people's struggles with Conquest's Endgame, the more i'm thinking to just abandon Conquest next week and just play Revelation (Revelation comes out next week). Because i'm playing on Hard/Classic. And if the Endgame is giving people that much trouble on Normal/Classic, then i can only imagine my rage on Hard/Classic. Especially since i'm the type of person who wants to keep every single unit alive no matter what. As frustrating as it is, if i lose someone near the end of a chapter, i'm restarting.
I weep for the poor souls who have to experience Conquest's Endgame on Lunatic/Classic.

Sonicfiend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicfiend
3DS FC
0903-3749-1655
I'm currently stuck on Conquest Ch.19. Going into the chapter, i knew the only thing i would be fighting were Kitsunes. On paper, that seemed fine. The problem is that the Kitsunes and Nine-Tails get stat-boosts from their stones. And i have to kill all of them since its a rout the enemy mission. And there's probably reinforcements. Anybody have any tips?
Keaton and his daughter if you have them. And a skilled enough lancer with Beast Killer works wonders.

The more i read about people's struggles with Conquest's Endgame, the more i'm thinking to just abandon Conquest next week and just play Revelation (Revelation comes out next week). Because i'm playing on Hard/Classic. And if the Endgame is giving people that much trouble on Normal/Classic, then i can only imagine my rage on Hard/Classic. Especially since i'm the type of person who wants to keep every single unit alive no matter what. As frustrating as it is, if i lose someone near the end of a chapter, i'm restarting.
I weep for the poor souls who have to experience Conquest's Endgame on Lunatic/Classic.
Don't let that discourage you. The Endgame is super obnoxious but you shouldn't give up just because of word of mouth. Eventually I'm gonna be replaying the game on Hard and then Lunatic because I'm that much of a masochist.

My mentality is to give myself a five turn grace period. If anyone dies, reset. Afterwards, especially if I'm close to clearing it then they unfortunately stay dead. Survival of the fittest kinda deal ya' know?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
More Miiverse drawings (this are not done by me)

As I've said before, a friend of mine is on Hard/Classic, and he had an appropriately terrifying struggle with Chapters 10 and 13. After finishing Conquest I just wept for what was to come.

That said, definitely try to finish it, and if Hard/Classic is too challenging for the endgame missions, just drop the difficulty for the last couple. It's not as good as finishing it on Hard, but at least better than not finishing at all!

Side note, I'm about finished with Birthright as well, and it's cemented to me how well-written of a character Xander is. I love him so much. Side note, Birthright isn't a "cakewalk" in comparison, but it's definitely easier. Both games have been a hell of a ride!

Arrei

Smash Lord
Actually, I do believe there are no reinforcements this time. In a nutshell, don't be too afraid of the ones with Beastbane - they'll tear apart a Sky Knight, yes, but against a tanky Great Knight the most they'll do is deal like 6-10 damage. No, what you do need to be afraid of is that group at the bottom that alternates illusions each turn and contains Life and Death Kitsune with the Pass skill. I had to use the terrain and protect my squishies on all sides using tanky units. My Keaton/Camilla Velouria was a godsend for this one.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Actually, I do believe there are no reinforcements this time. In a nutshell, don't be too afraid of the ones with Beastbane - they'll tear apart a Sky Knight, yes, but against a tanky Great Knight the most they'll do is deal like 6-10 damage. No, what you do need to be afraid of is that group at the bottom that alternates illusions each turn and contains Life and Death Kitsune with the Pass skill. I had to use the terrain and protect my squishies on all sides using tanky units. My Keaton/Camilla Velouria was a godsend for this one.
I remember being afraid of them, because of, y'know, the exclamation point of death, but then I walked Keaton as a Wolfssenger up to them and they were going to do a whopping 2 damage. Whoa.

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel

Congrats to Europe for finally getting the game. Also, in regards to the unchanged bit, it really does show how hyper sensitive the U.S is nowadays. I mean, team Ninja is kinda avoiding selling some of their games that would decently here because of how extreme things are here. And that's just the icing on the top.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Congrats to Europe for finally getting the game. Also, in regards to the unchanged bit, it really does show how hyper sensitive the U.S is nowadays. I mean, team Ninja is kinda avoiding selling some of their games that would decently here because of how extreme things are here. And that's just the icing on the top.
Team Ninja also said they didn't expect good sales too, so it'd beva waste of money. And we didn't get the game yet Q.Q

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
I think there are two main possibilities regarding the discovered lines:
  1. They had the English VA's record their lines just in case, and the feature was cut later.
  2. They recorded them for use in the European version.
Alternatively, a mix of both.

Remember that EU got Tharja's swimsuit image uncensored in Awakening, but the dialogue in that scene as well as Tharja and Nowi's Harvest Scramble conversation were changed instead. I'm not sold that Europe is getting the petting minigame, but it is possible.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Does Europe have a release date for Fates yet?

Well then **** off.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I beat Conquest yesterday.
The plot wasn't nearly as bad as all the haters made it out to be. I actually enjoyed it once I got past what an uninteresting main character Corrin was, especially near the end. I had a serious feeling of dread when I realized that Ryoma was going to kill himself, and the fact that they had a CG cutscene for it really added to the impact. But the ending itself? That was really disappointing, actually.

They left way too much unexplained. How was Takumi possessed? Who's Anankos?
And what they heck happened with Azura? Did she die? At the beginning of the endgame level, she made it sound like she was going to die. Why would singing some song kill her? There's probably some reason, but they didn't say what it was. I hear that most of the unanswered questions are addressed in Revelations, but still, that's just super lame.

I seriously did really enjoy the game, though. I'm going to challenge hard/classic mode sometime soon. But since I'm going to need that precious paralouge DLC, I better start figuring out pairings this time. Last time the only second gen character I got was Percy, and I definitely felt some of my characters lagging behind.

Also I'm pretty sure that RNGoddess hates me.
He got that 27% accuracy, 3% chance crit. Typical Fire Emblem.

Arrei

Smash Lord
The staff shop will stock unlimited seals at level 3. Doesn't happen till chapter 21 though, and you should run into at least two more as enemy drops or chest loot before then.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Who should my Femui marry in Birthright? Azama or Kaden?
Priest Mugen with starry eyes or Ratchet's father... Tough choice... Starry eyed daughter who's sleep-focused or an energetic, cute fox girl... Even tougher choice... Flip a coin?

Top Bottom