• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Arrei

Smash Lord
I don't know how strong those enemies are, but you should be able to handle it if you ferry two suitably tanky units over there to keep the enemies at bay until you can back them up. As much as I wanted to keep Mozu as a Sniper instead of a Kinshi Knight in my file, having at least two flying units is simply a godsend, especially when I can use them to ferry Velouria and Xander around.

I don't think I could have beaten Conquest 24 without two fliers, either.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I don't know how strong those enemies are, but you should be able to handle it if you ferry two suitably tanky units over there to keep the enemies at bay until you can back them up. As much as I wanted to keep Mozu as a Sniper instead of a Kinshi Knight in my file, having at least two flying units is simply a godsend, especially when I can use them to ferry Velouria and Xander around.

I don't think I could have beaten Conquest 24 without two fliers, either.
The issue is that if the enemies are in range of the village, and nobody is guarding the village, the enemies will ignore you and go for the village. And it only takes two turns for two Master Ninjas to get to the village, it takes two or three more turns for them to take out Ignatius (in which case, he retreats), and then they take the village in the next turn. Even if i get to the village before they "kill" Ignatius, i'll get swarmed by the two Sages (they're called something different in Fates but i don't know how to spell it),the two Heroes, and if i'm unlucky, the three Paladins. One or two units can't hold off that many promoted enemy units even if they are tanky.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
And how about the rest of your army, in that case? Can you not break through and support your defenders in that time?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
And how about the rest of your army, in that case? Can you not break through and support your defenders in that time?
Very unlikely since there's too many trees. I'm gonna try it again. If i fail 10 more times, i'm lowering the difficulty.

Edit: I finally beat Ignatius paralouge. But unlike other hard chapters such as Conquest Ch.10 and 12, this one just felt like a chore and i really didn't feel satisfied after beating it. That being said, Ike and Xander: The dream team. Too OP, pls nerf.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE will have no English voice acting but will have English text. I'm fine with that actually. That was the same deal in Azure Striker Gunvolt.

Fire Emblem Fates released on May 20th for Europe. Let's go!
Congratulations Europe! Its been a long wait but your finally getting the game!

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Europe gets its own special edition:

The Advantage: It gets a double sided poster and a steelbook, something NA doesn't get.

The Disadvantage: That cover art.

Also, this confirms that the game is rated PEGI 12. Awakening was also 12 so this means nothing really, but just something to confirm.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I mean, yeah, but the games were designed as three not two, and since one is definitively the true ending, it makes sense to answer everything there.

To answer the questions at the end of Conquest/Birthright would (I assume) be major Revelation spoilers.

It's just a flaw of the design philosophy, but I expected it from the beginning so I haven't been disappointed. I actually didn't expect such drastic differences in the outcome of the other two, so I've been pleasantly surprised.
I was under the impression that there wasn't going to be a "true" route and that each version of the game would serve as its own standalone story, which I suppose is why I'm so dissapointed in the ending.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I was under the impression that there wasn't going to be a "true" route and that each version of the game would serve as its own standalone story, which I suppose is why I'm so dissapointed in the ending.
Yeah; I always got the impression Revelation was the true route, and the NA website even says "We recommend playing this one last" so I guess I was always expecting that.

That said, the storytelling for each individual one wasn't abyssmal, just alot of plotholes if you don't play them all.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
For the record, Azura's situation in the ending is revealed in Birthright, not just Revelation. Having played Birthright first, the end of Conquest was actually made that much more impacting to me despite not outright saying what happened - because I know what happened, and none of the characters do. Dramatic irony, yknow.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Japan's already getting new DLC. 3 new things. One of them grants archers the ability to shoot at close range.

...couldn't they just smack people with their bows or jam an arrow in the opposition's eye or something?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So the Japanese FE Fates community over at Japanese Miiverse was basically just Azura City Central today. Here are some of the drawings i found
Why does this work? Alpharad once again changes the For Glory meta

Japan's already getting new DLC. 3 new things. One of them grants archers the ability to shoot at close range.

...couldn't they just smack people with their bows or jam an arrow in the opposition's eye or something?
I'm actually more interested in that Failed Revolution map. It seems to be the Future Past map of Fates. The question is, why are Siegbert and Shrio trying to kill Kana and Shigure? Also, notice that it seems to be taking place in Valla. Could this be an alternate timeline where
Corrin and the group fail to kill Anankos? But then how are the children there? So many questions

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Why every time i read a sereneforest forum about fates i want to cry? Everything i see is people hating, speaking bad about the history, and saying things like: "hur durr more fanservice?? PVP is dead the new FE sucks"
Really... its seem they're just haters that know all the bad aspects of the game or some "elite" that only play the older FE because of "dificult"(and using the same tatics, characters, weapons that other people create to beat,so not being really tatical)...
Sorry if i ofended... but you know... many people are like this... (i know that is not everyone)

Arrei

Smash Lord
I'm actually more interested in that Failed Revolution map. It seems to be the Future Past map of Fates. The question is, why are Siegbert and Shrio trying to kill Kana and Shigure? Also, notice that it seems to be taking place in Valla. Could this be an alternate timeline where
Corrin and the group fail to kill Anankos? But then how are the children there? So many questions
According to a comment elsewhere, there's a lot of misinformation in that translation, apparently:

1. It's the 3rd wave of DLC, as stated on the main FE site.
2. Conversations between Ryouma/Scarlet, etc. is in the HALLOWEEN Scramble
3. There are images, similar to Summer Scramble/Hot Springs Scramble, where the winners of the popularity polls in Japan dresses up in yukata/Halloween costume.
4. It should be translated closer to Nohrian Halloween and Hoshidan Matsuri
5. Proximity Shot was the fan-translated term for the officially named 'Point Blank' skill.
6. It's not 'Failed Revolution' but 'Memories of Foam'
7. 'Point Blank' scroll is earned by beating one of the 'Memories of Foam' campaign maps without losing any characters, not in any Scramble map.
8. Nohrian Halloween and Hoshidan Matsuri give respectively farmable Lodestar and Great Lord seals.
9. Shiro and Siegbert's lines do NOT imply that they team up to kill Shigure, as it's talking about their inability to do anything but wait until Shigure dies.
10. [Revelations spoilers] will probably appear but is not mentioned officially at all. We just know that the first gen units are dead, and the Deeprealms have all been attacked.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
According to a comment elsewhere, there's a lot of misinformation in that translation, apparently:
Nice post, that explain A LOT, but now i have a question... Kana will be a nohr prince (ss)? Or a hoshido/nohr noble?

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
*Mfw Beruka gets sacked on my THIRD attempt of Ch. 13 because Orochi got a shot in with a 50% HIT CHANCE!!!

So that's how my runs going right about now. Guess I'll roll with it for now and grind out her relationship with Niles for precious yaoi bow girl in the next available mission.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
*Mfw Beruka gets sacked on my THIRD attempt of Ch. 13 because Orochi got a shot in with a 50% HIT CHANCE!!!
A 50% chance to hit is still very dangerous. I personally don't rely on dodging for survival unless my enemy has under a 30% chance to hit.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Yeah, I mean, 50% means you were just as likely to get wrecked as you were to survive. No sense getting mad about those odds. Always have to have a backup plan in case hit or dodge chances don't work out the way you expected.

Parking Elise next to units I'm using as bait helped so much at that point of the game, though.

Last edited:

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Finally made it to chapter 27/Endgame in Conquest Hard/Classic mode, with every unit still intact. It's been a very difficult road, especially considering I didn't utilize a single one of the children characters, and circumstances forced me to miss out on a few chests, but I managed to muster the sufficient tactics to make it through to this point :teeth:

Once I complete the story...
TIME TO GRIND!!!
And play birthright of course (but Nohr for life)

Arrei

Smash Lord
Missed some chests? Hope you got your mitts on a Rescue, Freeze, and Silence staff... paired paladins, Freeze maids, Hex masters, oh my!

The boss himself should be somewhat easy to take down if Corrin's strong enough with a good support, but getting him and Azura down there to one-turn him is a hell of a time.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I made it to Chapter 26 of Birthright. The last few chapters were a huge hassle to complete but at least I made it close to the end. I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to finish it by this weekend...assuming I don't end up having a hard time.

Once I'm finished with that, I can go ahead and start on Conquest.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Got a Hexing Rod or two? Makes the end of Birthright laughably easy when you can reduce the final boss to 34 HP. Probably the exact reason they didn't allow any of them in Conquest.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Fire Emblem Fates released on May 20th for Europe. Let's go!
I'm actually mad with this release date, another 3 months of waiting and around that period I have a lot of exams at school -.-
Oh well, better than not having a release at all, I suppose...

Also note, all 3 games are on one cartridge. At least Europe gets *something* for waiting so long.
That's only for the special edition of the game, like it was for the US version.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well I'm on the final chapter of Birthright now but unfortunately, I had to leave it there because I really need to get some sleep. I'm definitely looking forward to finishing this later...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Finally made it to chapter 27/Endgame in Conquest Hard/Classic mode, with every unit still intact. It's been a very difficult road, especially considering I didn't utilize a single one of the children characters, and circumstances forced me to miss out on a few chests, but I managed to muster the sufficient tactics to make it through to this point :teeth:

Once I complete the story...
TIME TO GRIND!!!
And play birthright of course (but Nohr for life)
Congratulations

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
So, should I make Effie a General or a Great Knight?

Also, anyone playing with a Lodestar!Corn? If so, which boon and bane would you recommend?

Arrei

Smash Lord
Always a Great Knight first so she can get Luna.
You may want to go General later - there are a lot of enemies packing weakness weapons in Conquest, and you don't need a unit being vulnerable to both Armorslayers and Beast Killers.

You'll definitely need her to have more than 5 Mov, though, whether by Pair Up or a Friendship/Partner Seal reclass.

Hero Corn was my personal pick. Axebreaker is pretty damn sweet in both versions' later chapters. 0% Hit on Garon, hahaha.

Last edited:

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Always a Great Knight first so she can get Luna.
You may want to go General later - there are a lot of enemies packing weakness weapons in Conquest, and you don't need a unit being vulnerable to both Armorslayers and Beast Killers.

You'll definitely need her to have more than 5 Mov, though, whether by Pair Up or a Friendship/Partner Seal reclass.

Hero Corn was my personal pick. Axebreaker is pretty damn sweet in both versions' later chapters. 0% Hit on Garon, hahaha.
That's exactly what I'm doing for Silas (GK to Paladin once Luna's obtained) and Elise (Maid to Strategist once I get Live to Serve). Also, did you guys promoted Niles to Adventurer or Bow Knight?

Arrei

Smash Lord
Elise may be better suited simply being Strategist the whole way. Live to Serve was rarely useful on Felicia for me, but Elise just absolutely wrecks shop once you get a good tome in her hands. I got her a +2 Thunder tome, suitably named Arcthunder, and she was still killing with that thing to the end of the game.

I turned Mozu into an Archer, dropped Niles, and never looked back. :D

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Elise may be better suited simply being Strategist the whole way. Live to Serve was rarely useful on Felicia for me, but Elise just absolutely wrecks shop once you get a good tome in her hands. I got her a +2 Thunder tome, suitably named Arcthunder, and she was still killing with that thing to the end of the game.

I turned Mozu into an Archer, dropped Niles, and never looked back. :D
So, I take it you never went to those locked chests? Besides, the only time I did used Mozu was for Ch 10 to occupy the third ballista.

Anyway, as for Live to Serve, it heals the healer as much as it heals the one guy you're using the staff on. You can never be too sure.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
I brought Niles for the chests on the Rainbow Sage map, but his bow was given to Mozu and he just paired with Azura to boost her stats. Then Kaze replaced him for that purpose for a little bit, then I just brought Shura along for any future chest maps.

Having to bring a unit I didn't use just for Locktouch was a mite annoying, but I soon found myself with enough extra spots to just bring one along without issue.

The thing about Live to Serve was, usually the healers take more damage than the targets they're healing, so if I didn't have multiple targets to heal I'd still have to have my second healer heal them anyway. Both also had to fight from afar and stayed well away from enemies like Ninjas, so they didn't often take hits in the first place, especially once Felicia became little more than a stat mule for Ophelia and an aura provider from the level 15 Strategist skill and Demoiselle. Tomebreaker was quite useful for Felicia since she has lower defensive stats and it let me pass it on to Ophelia to make her a powerful anti-magic unit, and it made Great Knight Jakob into a mage-murdering machine in Birthright, but Elise barely took any magic damage to begin with. Enemy Onmyoji were one thing, but the spell-slinging Oni Chieftains peppered around the final chapters couldn't even scratch her with their magic.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I just completed Chapter 21 of Conquest. It was not as bad as I feared. I knew beforehand it was going to be one of those chapters that TV Tropes would label as "That One Level" but it was not that ridiculous for me. With that chapter out of the way, I am now reaching the final stretch of Conquest.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Niles stops being that great after chapter 16. Not saying Niles is bad but Shura makes a better Adventurer. I only bring Niles when i want to capture a boss. Now time for a progress report: I finished Conquest Chapter 20. The wind was annoying but it wasn't too hard. I was only able to get the two chests on the left side of the map. I upgraded the Staff Vendor and Dusk Armory to Lv.3. I bought three Master Seals to promote Siegbert into a Great Knight, Forrest into a Strategist, and Sophie into a Paladin. I also used the Offspring Seal on Percy and made him a Wyvern Lord.

After a Castle Invasion battle, i'll be heading off into Ch.21, even though i don't want to because
Lilith dies.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My only gripe about the streetpass system in fates is that I can't buy stat-boosters/equipment from other people like I could in awakening.
Wait, you can't? That's bullcrap.

I haven't used the StreetPass feature for the game so that's why I got surprised...

Top Bottom