• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
*Sees Berserker in chapter 14*
"Oh Silas can beat this guy without any problem"
*Gets a crit with a 4% crit rate*

"Oh."

The RNG gods must really hate me.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So there's something i've been wondering: Where does Fates takes place? As in, what's the name of the continent Hoshido, Nohr and Valla are located on? This is the first time in a Fire Emblem game where the name of a continent goes unmentioned. So i decided to do some reasearch. Just so you know, this doesn't prove anything. Look at the map of Tellius
Now look at the map of Hoshido and Nohr
Now put them side by side, with the Tellius map on the left and the Fates map on the right. Notice the similarities. Both continents have land that stretches into unknown territory. These are the only two continents to have that feature as all the other continents were whole. For Tellius, the continent stretches into the North and East. For Fates, the continent stretches into the North and West. And if you put them side by side in the order i mentioned earlier, you will see that they both have a body of water at the center. Could Fates take place in Tellius?

I'm looking way too much into this. This doesn't prove anything. Plus there are some key difference such as a few islands being south of Tellius and the body of water at the center is different in shape.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
*Sees Berserker in chapter 14*
"Oh Silas can beat this guy without any problem"
*Gets a crit with a 4% crit rate*

"Oh."

The RNG gods must really hate me.
You think that's bad? How about fighting a Hero with you yourself equipped with a swordbreaker skill causing the enemy Hero's hit rate to drop at 5%, but the enemy still hits.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I dunno, 4% is about where I'd start getting wary of crits, personally, and consider finding someone with a better luck stat to do the job, a better defence stat to tank the hit, or just work out some alternative plan involving ranged attacks. Even the hit chance of 47% is pretty iffy in Fates, from what I've been hearing.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Any tips for Conquest Ch.23. I haven't failed yet but i'm intimidated by the Snipers with Counter. Oh and reinforcements spawn on turn 3 for some reason. The whole map is pretty intimidating with the Great Wall.

Maybe i should lower the difficulty to normal.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Feels good to play Fates again after a week long break due to midterms. I think I can finally beat all of Birthright and a good portion of Conquest by next Sunday now that I'm on Spring Break.

Been taking care of a few paralogues to recruit a few children units this past weekend:

Ryoma handled most of the units in Kana's paralogue with ease, saving me through what looked like a challenging chapter. He's definitely one of my best units yet, not to mention he finally started to gain significant amounts of experience points as of this chapter. Kana also makes a solid unit thus far.
Shigure's paralogue has a very interesting map layout. It consists of three ships: your units start on the middle one, while the enemies are in the ones above and below. At first, the three ships are separated, but after every turn, one ship meets the middle one, and then in the following turn, that ship breaks off while the other joins in, and so on and so forth. There are a lot of enemy units, and from the looks of it, I thought this was going to be a pretty difficult Chapter... until the boss approached Ryoma and then Ryoma finished it off very easily. I actually forgot to read that the mission was simply to defeat the boss, so to see the paralogue finish after KOing the boss was a surprise, but hey, better for me. Shigure is also becoming one of my best units.
Sophie's paralogue was a decent challenge. I also succeeded with my first capture this chapter (didn't know Orochi had the Capture skill until I looked up which Hoshido unit has it a few days ago). Nichols, the boss of this paralogue, apparently wants a high number of daikons, around 24 to be exact. It took some persuading, but just today after my 4th-5th time persuading, he joined my team. Can't wait to try out some more captures.

And man, Sophie is a much better Paladin than Silas from my experience. I paired her with Shigure, and the two have quite the amazing synergy. I was also surprised her clothing is rather... revealing. I found out about that when I upgraded her class.
It took me two tries to do Shiro's paralogue. The first time I did it, he kept moving father away from Ryoma, and at one point, he only had three HP left, and Ryoma couldn't reach him in time, so I had to restart it. For the second time, Shiro was a little more lucky dodging hits, and I paired Ryoma with Hinoka so that I could easily reach Shiro. I also tried to go for a capture on the boss, but I didn't succeed (Shigure finished him off by accident). I was also surprised to see that Shiro is actually a very laid-back dude. When I first saw him before I played the game, I though he'd be cool yet serious individual. Turns out this guy isn't like his father personality-wise, but he's still a fun dude.

I paired him with Kana, and the two work pretty well together. Their support conversations are also very adorable. He helps pick Kana pick up an apple by putting her on his shoulders, and she has so much fun with it that she says that she's become the "four-hand ogre." Cut into their B-Support dialogue, and Shiro is grabbing Kana by the hands and doing whirlwinds with her, to which she greatly enjoys. I can't help but think the two were meant for each other!
Today, I took care of two more Prologues: Kiragi and Caeldori. Man, Airagi's paralogue reminded me of Chapter 11 because there's nothing but flying unit: good thing I had Setsuna, Takumi, and Kiragi available. I upgraded Kiragi into a Kinshi Knight just to obtain Air Superiority and then made him a Sniper (yes, I know I missed out on Amaterasu, but I'll worry about that later). He's also become my favorite child character in this game thus far. He looks like a meek kid at first, but it turns out he's really energetic and upbeat. He has a passion for hunting, and in his C-Support dialogue with Takumi, he even tells his dad "I know you are strict because you love me very much." Wow, Kiragi, that's a very optimistic outlook! He may be unable to yield the Fujin Yumi, but he's still a solid unit for me.

Also, this golden moment from Kiragi's paralogue deserves a mention.
Aw yeah, Cordelia hype! I mean, Caeldori, but she's practically the same as Cordelia, so whatever. Cordelia was one of my best and favorite units in Awakening, so to see her return in some capacity is always a pleasure. This was also an easier paralogue for me. Caeldori succeeded with a few kills, while Azama+Felicia and Shigure+Sophie took care of most units.

But the best part about this paralogue: CONQUEST! You know that track that plays in Fire Emblem:Awakening when you do all that grinding against Risen? Yep, that Conquest, the original, plays during this chapter! I actually got teary-eyed hearing it in this paralogue because I felt a huge rush of nostalgia flood through me. I really hope the other Awakening children in Birthright also have this track playing. It's such a classic!

And it also looks like Subaki experiences the same "Uh-oh, my child is getting better than me" syndrome just like Takumi has with Kiragi.

And with these paralogues, I'm finally going to take care of Chapter 19 and proceed with the story. I'll probably take care of the rest of the paralogues son enough.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
So, are female Kana and female Corrin (Young and Cheerful) voiced by the same person? Their "thank you" voice clip sounds almost identical.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Any tips for Conquest Ch.23. I haven't failed yet but i'm intimidated by the Snipers with Counter. Oh and reinforcements spawn on turn 3 for some reason. The whole map is pretty intimidating with the Great Wall.

BE REALLY CAREFUL WITH TAKUMI
Takumi has vengeance AND Rend Heaven(Adds half of the opponent's strength/magic stat to the damage he does), try not to use your high strength units against him, because if he activates rend heaven (which I garuntee he will) he will f*ck you up. For me, the battle was mostly using Xander (paired with effie) and Keaton (paired with Selena) to hold choke points and deal with incoming enemies. You don't have to worry about reinforcements for the most part, the only time you have to worry about it is on turn 18 where 3 paired up masters of arms will charge at you from the same point the turn 3 reinforcements spawn. Other than those, and the turn 3 reinforcements, what you see is what you get. I recomend holding choke points with high defense units. That's how I managed this chapter. Honestly, you should be more worried about chapter 24, THAT'S the fun part.

Arrei

Smash Lord

A frontal assault ended badly really quickly for me, so the next time around I had two flying units ferry my entire army over the canyon to the safe zone on the right with Azura's help, making it over just in time as the Masters of Arms made it to me, haha. From there, a combination of ranged potshots and tanking with Camilla paired with her daughter Velouria let me whittle them down, then I took out the nearby Sniper and Oni group and assaulted the gate. Used the braziers up top to form choke points so Oboro's posse couldn't get through.

I tried to go back to pick off Hinata's group after defeating Takumi, but they didn't seem to want to move until I sent a unit into majorly unsafe distance, so I just seized.

So, are female Kana and female Corrin (Young and Cheerful) voiced by the same person? Their "thank you" voice clip sounds almost identical.
Yup. I played Birthright with Young voiced Corrine, and they have the same voice clips for a number of things. I don't think they say the same things for crit and skill procs, though, and naturally Corrine won't have anything relating to her papa. I don't think they have the same combat model as short Corrine, though.

I seem to recall Awakening doing the same thing? Or was that just creating Morgan's appearance using the short Robin options?

Last edited:

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
So there's something i've been wondering: Where does Fates takes place? As in, what's the name of the continent Hoshido, Nohr and Valla are located on? This is the first time in a Fire Emblem game where the name of a continent goes unmentioned. So i decided to do some reasearch. Just so you know, this doesn't prove anything. Look at the map of Tellius
Now look at the map of Hoshido and Nohr
Now put them side by side, with the Tellius map on the left and the Fates map on the right. Notice the similarities. Both continents have land that stretches into unknown territory. These are the only two continents to have that feature as all the other continents were whole. For Tellius, the continent stretches into the North and East. For Fates, the continent stretches into the North and West. And if you put them side by side in the order i mentioned earlier, you will see that they both have a body of water at the center. Could Fates take place in Tellius?

I'm looking way too much into this. This doesn't prove anything. Plus there are some key difference such as a few islands being south of Tellius and the body of water at the center is different in shape.
If the 'Before Awakening' DLC is anything to go by, the continent itself is nameless. Rather, the sovereignty of the land is defined by the rivalry between the two kingdoms, and as such the entire land is referred to as 'Hoshido and Nohr' to emphasize this coexistance of light and dark kingdoms.

Since we are talking about the setting of fates itself, it should be worth noting that there seems to be some sort of mystical connection between the lands of Hoshido/Nohr and there respective peoples and politics, as observed in
The battle against Leo in Birthright, when he remarks that Corrins connection to Nohr had not been fully severed after exposing the Hoshidans to the life-draining muck of the Woods of the Forlorn and Corrin remaining unharmed by it. And in Revelation, when the unity of the two kingdoms causes THE WEATHER ITSELF to change above the Bottomless Canyon, which signifies the way to Valla has opened once more.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I've been playing through hard mode Conquest, and I got almost all of the second gen characters without having to support grind. I'm only missing Sophie, Seigbert, and Kana. I'm not sure who to pair my avatar with for Kanna, though - and Silas and the other two unmarried female characters who can marry him or Xander are way too underleveled to use at this point.

Now I'm stuck on Kitsune Lair. Pass, Line of Death, Beast Bane, and Illusion makes keeping more fragile characters alive very difficult. I was just about to beat it, but then Nina got one-shotted by a kitsune with Line of Death.

...Speaking of Nina, I paired Niles with Nyx. My thought was that maybe she'd make a good healer with a Shining Bow.
As it turns out, she's a real glass canon. She's always getting like, 20 damage with her Shining Bow on anything that's not a Kitsune or mage and almost always doubles. I'll definitely be using this pair again in the future.
Hey guys, I'm getting Corrin for Smash tomorrow. Any tips on how to use him/her?
Corrin's aerials will be your best friend. Corrin doesn't have the safest approach options, but his/her aerials can protect you from an enemy's approach.

To stick Dragon Lunge into the ground immediately, get used to sliding your thumb from the B to A button quickly. Dragon Lunge is pretty useful for a lot of things, but I believe it's best as a juggling tool.
I think they said in an interview before the game came out that Fates takes place in its own world, separate from the other FE games. Besides, if it did take place in Tellius, you think they'd have referenced it some.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
So I've been playing through hard mode Conquest, and I got almost all of the second gen characters without having to support grind. I'm only missing Sophie, Seigbert, and Kana. I'm not sure who to pair my avatar with for Kanna, though - and Silas and the other two unmarried female characters who can marry him or Xander are way too underleveled to use at this point.

Now I'm stuck on Kitsune Lair. Pass, Line of Death, Beast Bane, and Illusion makes keeping more fragile characters alive very difficult. I was just about to beat it, but then Nina got one-shotted by a kitsune with Line of Death.

...Speaking of Nina, I paired Niles with Nyx. My thought was that maybe she'd make a good healer with a Shining Bow.
As it turns out, she's a real glass canon. She's always getting like, 20 damage with her Shining Bow on anything that's not a Kitsune or mage and almost always doubles. I'll definitely be using this pair again in the future.
Just beat conquest hard mode yesterday, I'd say it's comparable to fe7 hector hard mode (at least, it was for me playing through it blind) Each chapter took me multiple tries(That's a lie, I beat chapter 18 on my first try, that was it) forcing me to come up with a plan to get past the part that got one of my units killed. Kaze is a godsend on the kitsune map, he was my most accurate unit, because those foxes are a pain to hit. Kaze is especially useful if you have the hunter's knife (which you get from lv. 3 armory). I wouldn't recomend bringing any frail units to that map aside from healers(magic units are pretty much worthless on that map), which I would recommend having paired with someone really bulky to protect them, like Benny or Effie. Paladins and Great Knights aren't very useful in theory, but Xander took no damage from the kitsune (he had the protector skill and was paired with Effie) Keaton didn't take much damage from them either.
I had Niles paired with Azura(I really liked their support) I didn't really use Nina as a healer though, I want to waste time trying to get her staff level up, Niles was a pretty good healer though.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The way i beat the Kitsune map was actually easy. All i did was pair up Ike with Xander and have Xander carry a Beast Killer. Xander did like 60 damage to those poor Kitsune while the Kitsune only did like 5. And the Nine-Tail units would occasionally strike twice doing 7 to 10 damage. I would have Flora use a Physic staff (the one that heals from far away) to heal Xander when he needed it. When Kaden came up, Xander was like "what's up" and one-shoted Kaden because criticals. The dream team that is Ike and Xander pretty much beat the whole chapter for me.

If the 'Before Awakening' DLC is anything to go by, the continent itself is nameless. Rather, the sovereignty of the land is defined by the rivalry between the two kingdoms, and as such the entire land is referred to as 'Hoshido and Nohr' to emphasize this coexistance of light and dark kingdoms.

Since we are talking about the setting of fates itself, it should be worth noting that there seems to be some sort of mystical connection between the lands of Hoshido/Nohr and there respective peoples and politics, as observed in
The battle against Leo in Birthright, when he remarks that Corrins connection to Nohr had not been fully severed after exposing the Hoshidans to the life-draining muck of the Woods of the Forlorn and Corrin remaining unharmed by it. And in Revelation, when the unity of the two kingdoms causes THE WEATHER ITSELF to change above the Bottomless Canyon, which signifies the way to Valla has opened once more.
I think they said in an interview before the game came out that Fates takes place in its own world, separate from the other FE games. Besides, if it did take place in Tellius, you think they'd have referenced it some.
I know. But i was bored and Fates's continent not having a name bothered me a bit so i just decided to tie two unrelated settings together.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
March 6th is Lissa's birthday. Come, Kana. Let's go visit your great-grandma and wish her a happy birthday!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
You know, i've been thinking: with all the changes made to pair-up, the nerf of Galeforce, and the removal of weapon durability in exchange for those buff and debuff stats, i wonder how the inevitable Fates Apotheosis map will play. If Fates does indeed get its own Apothesis map (i will be very surprised if there is no Apotheosis map for Fates), i just hope that the enemies don't have Dragonskin.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
You know, i've been thinking: with all the changes made to pair-up, the nerf of Galeforce, and the removal of weapon durability in exchange for those buff and debuff stats, i wonder how the inevitable Fates Apotheosis map will play. If Fates does indeed get its own Apothesis map (i will be very surprised if there is no Apotheosis map for Fates), i just hope that the enemies don't have Dragonskin.
I think at least the bosses will have, and will be paired up it another boss and will have the dual atk skill that make you pal atk when Guard stance, the snipers will have the skill that let they atk 1range, and i think at least one enemy will have the seals, and maybe a ninja with the poison+deadly breath+ 4fangs

Edit to not dobble: yeah, now gale force cant active in atk or guard stanc3

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
They nerfed Galeforce?
Yep. It still has its same function. However, it only works if the the user is by themselves. It will not work if the unit is in attack or guard stance. The user HAS to be by themselves for it to work.

Troykv

Smash Master
I have a friend that would like to have a SMT-Style Neutral Route. You know... go against everyone xDUUU

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Got Chapters 19 and 20 out of the way, as well as Selkie and Hisame's Paralogues taken care of.

Guess all that Paralogue grinding made Chapter 19 easier than expected, though the map layout is really interesting thanks to how there are multiple rooms that can only be accessed through stairs, and it's set up in a way where you'll probably have half of your units travel in the left rooms while the rest travel in the ones to the right until all units reunite towards the end. Also, when the Rainbow Sage first appeared before the battle, I was honestly expecting him to say "Oh ho, you're talking to the one and only Rainbow Sage," but he just reveals it afterward. Clever clever, but hey, I know have the Noble Yato!

Chapter 20 also had an interesting map layout. Turns out Fort Dragonfall is actually the remains of a dragon, and there is Stomach Acid inside... all thanks to Iago. It was duable though. Silas+Hinoka, Azura, and Hayato+Orochi took over the top path as Corrin and Hinoka used Dragon's Vein there to clear most of the acid there, while Kagero+Ryoma, Shiro+Kana, Caeldori+Kiragi, and Rinkah+Kaden took care of the bottom path with Caeldori and Shiro used their Dragon's Vein to clear the acid there.

And I finally got infinite Master Seals after beating this chapter, so I've finally upgraded all my units.
Another paralogue with a solid challenge. The beginning was challenging at first, but I worked my way through it. I also liked how Selkie was conveniently placed in the middle of the map with completely immobile Archers surrounding her so she can just hit away with ease while we all try to approach her. Those archers also ended up making very easy grinding foes for the rest of my units because they all don't move at all. I also managed to capture Daichi. Still trying to persuade him to join my army though.

And goodness, I already love her! She's cute and very playful! Her voice captures that perfectly (yes, I really like her dubbed voice), and her dialogues with her father were quite amusing. She also has this really cute line when you meet with her in My Room. Forget what the exact words were, but it was something along the lines of, "I love it when you scratch behind my ears. It makes me move my legs funnily."

Also, this.

Kaden pulling off a Reyn. My favoritism for this guy just got even deeper! It's going to be sad having to face him in Conquest.:(
The map was alright. Didn't think it was too hard or too easy. It's nothing but Faceless, and there are parts that will slow you down.

I don't know, but I really felt the whole "time" progression a child unit undergoes when they are in the Deeprealms with Hisame's interactions with his dad.

He seemed to suffer from a strength stat problem, as he wasn't hitting very hard, even with the Iron Sword. Selkie had a similar problem, and I thought that pairing the two together would fix that. Turns out it didn't; they only added speed and luck stats for each other. After going through the paralogue, I paired Selkie with Shiro and Hisame with Kanna, and the Strength issues for both are resolved, not to mention both get more stat boosts in the other stats. Looks Kanna and Shiro won't be marrying, but at least I got them to their A support.

Hey guys, I'm getting Corrin for Smash tomorrow. Any tips on how to use him/her?
Corrin is becoming one of my mains, and while I may not be a true Corrin pro yet, I can give you a few basic tips to get you started.

1) Practice the "insta-pin" technique with the Side Special - Corrin's side special is a great move all around. From trapping foes and following up with a kick, using the tip to deliver strong damage, and using it to cling onto wall to recover better, you'll need to learn the "insta-pin" technique to use it correctly. To use it, you need to either press the B or A button immediately after executing the attack. This allows Corrin's Side Special to have a better reach compared to how you normally execute it; yes, it should be called the "lunge extender" technique in that sense, but I call it the "insta-pin" technique because when you perform this technique while standing on the ground, you automatically cling to the ground using that attack. It doesn't take too long to master this technique, and the B or A button after executing the side special comes down to preference (personally, I'm always better at using the A button after executing the Side Special to perform the "insta-pin" technique.

2) Master the tippers - Some of Corrin's attacks have a tipper effect similar to Marth. The most notable ones that come to mind are the smash attacks. You're most common KO move will be the side smash since it has one of the best reaches for a side smash in the entire game, and it is only made better with the fact it has a the tipper that can lead to some deadly KOs at the right percent. Corbin's down smash is also stronger with the behind foot; it may not have as long of a reach as the side smash, but it can still KO very well. Thus, learn to master your spacing when you're going for a KO, and if you are going for a KO with the down special, try to have Corrin face away from your opponent to deliver a much strong final blow.

3) Learn to horizontal fly with the up special - Corrin's recovery is... alright to say the least. The thing is, you will always fly in a slant when you execute the attack similar to Rosalina's up special. However, if you tilt your control stick back (as in, away from the direction Corrin is facing) after inputting your up special input, it will allow Corrin to fly directly upwards. Of course, you can also tilt the control stick forward if you want to go for a more diagonal recovery, but I thought I'd share this tidbit to keep in mind.

4) Counter is your friend - I'm not saying to use Counter every single time, but when the opportunity presents itself, use it! Corrin has what many consider to be the most broken counter in the game (you can look it up on Youtube for proof); it's especially deadly when used against a smash attack or when you're very high up in the air and your foe is about to use an aerial attack to KO you there (as such, this move helps in the Bayonetta matchup where you'll likely be thrown into the air due to her combos).

5) Combos - Corrin's throws don't have much follow up to them, so you can't combo out of them most of the time. With the tilts, it's a different story. I can tell you that the most common combos will involve down tilt into up tilt into up air most often. How often you do any of these moves comes down to your opponent's percent, so play around with training mode and see how your tilts will lead into combos. Neutral air and normal air also have combo potential as well.

Those are a few basic tips that I would recommend using to get you started. If you want to learn more techniques, this thread provides a really good list of links that provide a lot of useful information about using Corrin.

Have fun trying him/her out! From my experience, Corrin is definitely one of the funnest characters to use.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Got Chapters 19 and 20 out of the way, as well as Selkie and Hisame's Paralogues taken care of.

Guess all that Paralogue grinding made Chapter 19 easier than expected, though the map layout is really interesting thanks to how there are multiple rooms that can only be accessed through stairs, and it's set up in a way where you'll probably have half of your units travel in the left rooms while the rest travel in the ones to the right until all units reunite towards the end. Also, when the Rainbow Sage first appeared before the battle, I was honestly expecting him to say "Oh ho, you're talking to the one and only Rainbow Sage," but he just reveals it afterward. Clever clever, but hey, I know have the Noble Yato!

Chapter 20 also had an interesting map layout. Turns out Fort Dragonfall is actually the remains of a dragon, and there is Stomach Acid inside... all thanks to Iago. It was duable though. Silas+Hinoka, Azura, and Hayato+Orochi took over the top path as Corrin and Hinoka used Dragon's Vein there to clear most of the acid there, while Kagero+Ryoma, Shiro+Kana, Caeldori+Kiragi, and Rinkah+Kaden took care of the bottom path with Caeldori and Shiro used their Dragon's Vein to clear the acid there.

And I finally got infinite Master Seals after beating this chapter, so I've finally upgraded all my units.
Another paralogue with a solid challenge. The beginning was challenging at first, but I worked my way through it. I also liked how Selkie was conveniently placed in the middle of the map with completely immobile Archers surrounding her so she can just hit away with ease while we all try to approach her. Those archers also ended up making very easy grinding foes for the rest of my units because they all don't move at all. I also managed to capture Daichi. Still trying to persuade him to join my army though.

And goodness, I already love her! She's cute and very playful! Her voice captures that perfectly (yes, I really like her dubbed voice), and her dialogues with her father were quite amusing. She also has this really cute line when you meet with her in My Room. Forget what the exact words were, but it was something along the lines of, "I love it when you scratch behind my ears. It makes me move my legs funnily."

Also, this.

Kaden pulling off a Reyn. My favoritism for this guy just got even deeper! It's going to be sad having to face him in Conquest.:(
The map was alright. Didn't think it was too hard or too easy. It's nothing but Faceless, and there are parts that will slow you down.

I don't know, but I really felt the whole "time" progression a child unit undergoes when they are in the Deeprealms with Hisame's interactions with his dad.

He seemed to suffer from a strength stat problem, as he wasn't hitting very hard, even with the Iron Sword. Selkie had a similar problem, and I thought that pairing the two together would fix that. Turns out it didn't; they only added speed and luck stats for each other. After going through the paralogue, I paired Selkie with Shiro and Hisame with Kanna, and the Strength issues for both are resolved, not to mention both get more stat boosts in the other stats. Looks Kanna and Shiro won't be marrying, but at least I got them to their A support.

Corrin is becoming one of my mains, and while I may not be a true Corrin pro yet, I can give you a few basic tips to get you started.

1) Practice the "insta-pin" technique with the Side Special - Corrin's side special is a great move all around. From trapping foes and following up with a kick, using the tip to deliver strong damage, and using it to cling onto wall to recover better, you'll need to learn the "insta-pin" technique to use it correctly. To use it, you need to either press the B or A button immediately after executing the attack. This allows Corrin's Side Special to have a better reach compared to how you normally execute it; yes, it should be called the "lunge extender" technique in that sense, but I call it the "insta-pin" technique because when you perform this technique while standing on the ground, you automatically cling to the ground using that attack. It doesn't take too long to master this technique, and the B or A button after executing the side special comes down to preference (personally, I'm always better at using the A button after executing the Side Special to perform the "insta-pin" technique.

2) Master the tippers - Some of Corrin's attacks have a tipper effect similar to Marth. The most notable ones that come to mind are the smash attacks. You're most common KO move will be the side smash since it has one of the best reaches for a side smash in the entire game, and it is only made better with the fact it has a the tipper that can lead to some deadly KOs at the right percent. Corbin's down smash is also stronger with the behind foot; it may not have as long of a reach as the side smash, but it can still KO very well. Thus, learn to master your spacing when you're going for a KO, and if you are going for a KO with the down special, try to have Corrin face away from your opponent to deliver a much strong final blow.

3) Learn to horizontal fly with the up special - Corrin's recovery is... alright to say the least. The thing is, you will always fly in a slant when you execute the attack similar to Rosalina's up special. However, if you tilt your control stick back (as in, away from the direction Corrin is facing) after inputting your up special input, it will allow Corrin to fly directly upwards. Of course, you can also tilt the control stick forward if you want to go for a more diagonal recovery, but I thought I'd share this tidbit to keep in mind.

4) Counter is your friend - I'm not saying to use Counter every single time, but when the opportunity presents itself, use it! Corrin has what many consider to be the most broken counter in the game (you can look it up on Youtube for proof); it's especially deadly when used against a smash attack or when you're very high up in the air and your foe is about to use an aerial attack to KO you there (as such, this move helps in the Bayonetta matchup where you'll likely be thrown into the air due to her combos).

5) Combos - Corrin's throws don't have much follow up to them, so you can't combo out of them most of the time. With the tilts, it's a different story. I can tell you that the most common combos will involve down tilt into up tilt into up air most often. How often you do any of these moves comes down to your opponent's percent, so play around with training mode and see how your tilts will lead into combos. Neutral air and normal air also have combo potential as well.

Those are a few basic tips that I would recommend using to get you started. If you want to learn more techniques, this thread provides a really good list of links that provide a lot of useful information about using Corrin.

Have fun trying him/her out! From my experience, Corrin is definitely one of the funnest characters to use.
Thank you so much. This is defintely vital info.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Thank you so much. This is defintely vital info.
Just to throw my 2 cents into the mix:

Forward Smash - While the tipper is the biggest draw to the F-smash, another point to keep in mind is that there is a hitbox while charging. At low percents you can get a near-true combo of Dtilt -> Fsmash Charge for a very nice amount of percent (you may need to turnaround F-smash as the Dtilt can sometimes move opponents behind you). As well charging Fsmash at the ledge is a great way to catch a lot of ledge options.

Bair - As I'm sure you know, Back Air pushes Corrin in the direction she is facing. The obvious use for that is recovering, but Bair also autocancels out of a short hop and is very great at putting pressure on the opponent with proper spacing. In neutral it is especially useful due to it's disjoint, ease to space, autocancel, and large hitbox.

Fast Fall Fair - Probably Corrins best combo tool imo, it can lead to so many things. Footstool, another Fair ( followed by another), Nair, RAR Bair, Uair, Lunge, even Neutral B which in certain conditions, can kill! and speaking of Neutral B...

Neutral B - Both the projectile and the bite have many uses, together or apart. Both can be charged separately, and for different situations. The projectile can be followed up with the bite, or a grab,footstool, lunge, Uair, Fair, or Bair depending on how fast you are and how long you charged it. The Bite on the other hand Is also great at catching ledge get-ups, and has a deceptively large hitbox. Its also important to note that the Bite kills earliest at about 4/5ths of a charge, when it deals 17%, and is our earliest kill move.

Footstools - While not a huge part of Corrins arsenal, footstools can still be useful combo tools at low percents. As I said earlier, FAir can lead into a footstool and so can Neutral-B, But what can you do off of it? There are only 2 viable options in my opinion:
  • Dair - is a guaranteed followup off of a FS and if they miss the followup tech, it can also lead to a dash attack
  • Neutral B - the timing is strict, but you can fast fall after the footstool and immediately do a min charge B-reversed shot on the way down, which at that distance has a couple of the followups listed above that are possible. This one is very tricky and requires a lot of practice. I'm not even sure if this one is guaranteed because about 1/2 the time I try it it doesn't work

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Just to throw my 2 cents into the mix:

Forward Smash - While the tipper is the biggest draw to the F-smash, another point to keep in mind is that there is a hitbox while charging. At low percents you can get a near-true combo of Dtilt -> Fsmash Charge for a very nice amount of percent (you may need to turnaround F-smash as the Dtilt can sometimes move opponents behind you). As well charging Fsmash at the ledge is a great way to catch a lot of ledge options.

Bair - As I'm sure you know, Back Air pushes Corrin in the direction she is facing. The obvious use for that is recovering, but Bair also autocancels out of a short hop and is very great at putting pressure on the opponent with proper spacing. In neutral it is especially useful due to it's disjoint, ease to space, autocancel, and large hitbox.

Fast Fall Fair - Probably Corrins best combo tool imo, it can lead to so many things. Footstool, another Fair ( followed by another), Nair, RAR Bair, Uair, Lunge, even Neutral B which in certain conditions, can kill! and speaking of Neutral B...

Neutral B - Both the projectile and the bite have many uses, together or apart. Both can be charged separately, and for different situations. The projectile can be followed up with the bite, or a grab,footstool, lunge, Uair, Fair, or Bair depending on how fast you are and how long you charged it. The Bite on the other hand Is also great at catching ledge get-ups, and has a deceptively large hitbox. Its also important to note that the Bite kills earliest at about 4/5ths of a charge, when it deals 17%, and is our earliest kill move.

Footstools - While not a huge part of Corrins arsenal, footstools can still be useful combo tools at low percents. As I said earlier, FAir can lead into a footstool and so can Neutral-B, But what can you do off of it? There are only 2 viable options in my opinion:
  • Dair - is a guaranteed followup off of a FS and if they miss the followup tech, it can also lead to a dash attack
  • Neutral B - the timing is strict, but you can fast fall after the footstool and immediately do a min charge B-reversed shot on the way down, which at that distance has a couple of the followups listed above that are possible. This one is very tricky and requires a lot of practice. I'm not even sure if this one is guaranteed because about 1/2 the time I try it and it d
Your two cents were thrown in the right place XD Thanks for the tips!

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Since Chrom believes that Hoshido and Nohr are myths, I think that Fates is essentially Ylisse's Poetic Edda or something like that.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Kitsune chapter, I legit just put two units out, Effie and Corrin. Slapped a Beast Killer on Effie and routed the map.

That was the first time I ever went with less the maximum units allowed out of sheer necessity, I was surprised.

And then came the ****ing Eternal Stairway chapter to remind me that I should exercise that strategem often. Oi.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Ok, What i did with Smash Corrin, I did some combo with Dtilt then Up tilt then in mid air i used Neutral B and then Up Smashed. I 2 stocked this guy. Idk if it was luck or my spacing was perfect or if thats a combo that only pro's can pull off, idk. I'm happy. FEMALE CORRIN IS WAIFU FOR LIFE

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Revelations will be available this week.

Argh, and I still haven't finished Conquest yet.

But hey, for my Revelations Corn, Vanguard or Lodestar? Which boon and bane for which class?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Revelations will be available this week.

Argh, and I still haven't finished Conquest yet.

But hey, for my Revelations Corn, Vanguard or Lodestar? Which boon and bane for which class?
Vangaurd. Except that doesn't come out until like, April.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Chapter 21 of Birthright and both Midoriko and Atsugi's paralogues completed.

Apparently, the Nohr family has been falling into disarray. In a dialogue Elise and Xander share in the beginning of the chapter, Elise reveals that Leo is missing while Camilla is so depressed that she won't leave her room. Elise also breaks down in tears thinking about how everything has been falling apart with Corrin's betrayal. Xander comforts her and assures her everything will be alright once this war is over. Eh, I wouldn't be so sure about that. You know how it's going to end for the nation you fight against.

And this map had a pretty interesting layout. There are four sections all separated from each other, but you need to use Dragon's Vein below the statue to create a path over the lava at different parts. In facf, there are two Dragon's Vein tiles under each statue. Using the wrong tile will cause the entire ground beneath you to turn into lava that will damage your units at the start of each turn. From there, you'll need to clear out that specific area of all enemy units in order to proceed.

That in mind, here's a huge tip to keep in mind when playing this chapter: the tile underneath the orb the statue is holding is the one that will create the bridge. This will make procession through this chapter a lot easier.
Fun map. You start at one end of an S-shaped map, and you have to chase the boss and defeat her in order to clear the paralogue. On the way, you can use Dragon's Vein to create shortcuts by burning up patches of the forest. I almost captured the boss, but I accidentally hit "Attack" and got carried away with it instead of hitting "Capture."

And wow, Midori gained a lot of skills right off the bat upon upgrading! Too bad one of her skills is made rather stale with the gold grinding DLC.
Aw yeah, they play Conquest again! I was also looking forward to this paralogue because Gaius was making his return... in the form of Asugi, but they both look exactly alike. The only thing different about them is their voice. Asugi sounds like a child while Gaius sounds like an adult. That caught me by surprise and kinda made me wish we had the old Gaius voice, but oh well.

Anyway, this paralogue was a decent challenge: you have to defeat the boss before Gaius, I mean Asugi, escapes, and you start far away from both the boss and Asugi. I apparently forgot about using Dragon's Vein to break the walls at different points, so I took the harder way through. Kagero+Ryoma carried the chapter for most of it, with Hinoka+Silas being close behind. I even captured the boss as well (made up for Midori's Paralogue as the boss is also an Adventurer... who looks a lot cooler).

Currently pairing Asugi with Midori, and the two work pretty well together.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
From now until the end of time, i will have a grudge on Nina's paralouge. The objective is simple: rout the enemy before Nina escapes. I was doing fine on my first try. But then i "killed" Nina and i heard that echoing sound you hear when one of your units dies and it even did the slow-motion thing too. So i assumed that Nina has to survive the battle. The next 20 attempts were hell. Those stupid Adventurers with Shining Bows. 95% of the time, i had to reset because of them. And then, when i finally killed all the enemies but Nina, i found out, you do have to "kill" Nina in order to progress.

Nina as a character is fine though. Also, Nina with Camilla's hair color looks like Clorica from Rune Factory 4, a game i have not played since Fates came out. I should go back to it soon.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So it seems Sakura uses a Dragon's Vein in hard mode, despite not using one in normal mode. Honestly, though, her Dragon's Vein did far more to help then hurt me. The walls all being restored actually made it a lot easier to deal with some of reinforcements that popped up on that same turn.
From now until the end of time, i will have a grudge on Nina's paralouge. The objective is simple: rout the enemy before Nina escapes. I was doing fine on my first try. But then i "killed" Nina and i heard that echoing sound you hear when one of your units dies and it even did the slow-motion thing too. So i assumed that Nina has to survive the battle. The next 20 attempts were hell. Those stupid Adventurers with Shining Bows. 95% of the time, i had to reset because of them. And then, when i finally killed all the enemies but Nina, i found out, you do have to "kill" Nina in order to progress.
I trapped her in the room to the north by stationing Leo at the door and equipping him with an iron sword so he couldn't counter attack. Then when I routed all of the enemies aside from her, I became very confused.

At that point I figured I'd have to "kill" her, but I did google search just in case.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Spoiler: Midori's Paralogue Fun map. You start at one end of an S-shaped map, and you have to chase the boss and defeat her in order to clear the paralogue. On the way, you can use Dragon's Vein to create shortcuts by burning up patches of the forest. I almost captured the boss, but I accidentally hit "Attack" and got carried away with it instead of hitting "Capture."

And wow, Midori gained a lot of skills right off the bat upon upgrading! Too bad one of her skills is made rather stale with the gold grinding DLC.
Yeah, that was one of my favorite child paralogues, I was actually able to capture Candace, while I hardly ever use captured units, I really wanted to use candace, but counting Midori, I had 3 bow users so... R.I.P. the dream.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about the child system in this game, It feels like it was just shoved in there at the last second to please the people that played awakening. On the bright side though, can we talk about how Arthur's son sounds almost exactly like Pit?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, that was one of my favorite child paralogues, I was actually able to capture Candace, while I hardly ever use captured units, I really wanted to use candace, but counting Midori, I had 3 bow users so... R.I.P. the dream.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about the child system in this game, It feels like it was just shoved in there at the last second to please the people that played awakening. On the bright side though, can we talk about how Arthur's son sounds almost exactly like Pit?
I mean the child units are literally there for fanservice, especially Caeldori, Asugi, and Rhajat.

While it seems shoehorned in, they're some fairly excellent characters, so I appreciate them.

I'm also pretty sure the concept is here to stay, considering.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Improve your Smash 4 Corrin game

While it seems shoehorned in, they're some fairly excellent characters, so I appreciate them.
In addition to that, there will be DLC, called Recollection of Bubbles, that focuses entirely on the children character. So the children characters will get some form of story, even if it is somewhat separate from Fates's main plots.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Chapter 22 of Birthright and both Mitama and Rhajat's paralogues completed.

Definitely an easier chapter with a very straightforward map layout. I had Scarlet+Myself and Caeldori+Kiragi take care of the incoming maids from the bottom of the map, Hana+Hinata and Hinoka+Silas took care of the right side, Kaden+Rinkah and took care of the left side, while everyone else handled the middle. All units eventually merged back into the center to take care of the rest.

But the ending following the battle is what made me really like this chapter. Plot twist: Shura is from a Hoshidan village that was basically burned down by Mokushu, so he had to become a thief in Nohr. When he learns about who Ryoma is, he automatically decides to help everyone lead through the secret tunnel, and you want to know who you run into? Come on take a guess!

She apparently sells flowers in the secret tunnel and runs into you. She takes you and the gang over to her zone as she talks about what's been going on with the Nohr family. You also run into her caretaker, Casita.

Anyways, Elise and Casita talk about the former Nohr Queens that Garon was married to, and Elise finds out Azura was her long lost sister (she also reacts with happiness learning that)... but Azura is all like, "Yeah um, not exactly" similar to how she acted towards Leo when he learned about Azura's ties with him.

And Elise and I share the same philosophy about our interactions with others... minus the flower part.

Never knew Mitama is a huge sleeper. She literally sleeps for the entire paralogue, even when you visit her house when you think that's how you'll recruit her, but nope, you gotta rout the enemy first.

Good lord there are a lot of Berserkers, but thank goodness they just standstill. Kagero+Ryoma were my MVPs here. Kagero weakened most of the Berserkers while my other units finished them off; Ryoma mostly took care of the Chieftains. This was on the left path. Meanwhile, Hana+Hinata, Hisame+Kana, and Asugi+Midori took care of the left. Asugi with his Barb Shurikens and Hana with her Silver Katana took care of most of the Berserkers. I also finally learned about something something called Flame Shrunken and gave it to Felicia. Finally, she hits hard!

Mitama's mother ended up being Felicia for this route (no else was left), so her Magic and Strength stats are almost equal. I think I figured out which class I'll make her, but I'll explain that in the next bit below.
I'm really glad they play Conquest with all the Awakening returnees in Birthright!

Anyway, another map filled with Faceless. Good thing I read about that advice to take care of Rhajat right away to stop the infinite Faceless summoning. Wasn't too difficult of a chapter overall either. A lot of it consisted of Kaze weakening most Faceless while Silas+Hinoka, Shiro+Selkie, or Hisame+Kana finished them off. Takumi and myself did the one shot killings.

Her voice sounds a bit different from Awakening, but I'm not going to dwell on it. They definitely amped up her creepiness level though, and they even devoted a special moment to reveal Rhajat's special devotion to me, something that Awakening didn't do between Robin and Tharja (I remember first finding about Tharja's obsession with their C-Support Conversation).

Looks like pairing Orochi with Hayato payed off in the end, as Rhajat has a killer Magic stat. I'm all out of child units for either Rhajat and Mitama to marry (can't get Dwyer because Jakob doesn't have anyone to S-Support with), but I figured out I can pair the two together so that I can eventually give Mitama the Basara Class, which will perfectly compensate for her current-near equableness between her Magic and Strength stats.

And with all the paralogues out of the way (like I said, I can't get Dwyer because everyone who Jakob can S-Support with has already been taken), I can finally finish up the story very easily. Hopefully, it'll all be over by tonight.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I can't get Dwyer because everyone who Jakob can S-Support with has already been taken
The same thing happened to me in Conquest because i married Azura. So, in the end, it was either Niles or Jakob who would end up single and the only character left that they could marry was Camilla. So i had Niles marry Camilla because i believe that they would be a better couple than Camilla x Jakob. Also, purple haired Nina. Fun fact: i had originally planed for Niles to remain single but then i was told that Jakob x Setusna is great because Dwyer and his mother will have so much in common. So i'll have Jakob marry Setsuna in Revelation. I still plan on leaving Hayato single for my Revelation run (and Birthright if i eventually play it) because, unfortunately, his daughter is a reincarnation of Fire Emblem's worst character.

Also, this is only my impression based off his appearance in Conquest and also from my friend's opinion on his appearance in Birthright, but Hayato is a jerk. And he tries too hard to be one, unlike Azama who is a natural born jerk. I hope i'm wrong on this.

Top Bottom