• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Pheva

Smash Cadet
Again, ignoring the whole portrait and focusing only on the bit that fills your agenda.

You have no idea how sexism works.

You keep insisting that I'm talking about Smash even though I'm talking about Fire Emblem.

You keep talking about some arbitrary, nonexistent "sexy sexism balance" that somehow teeters in Shulk's favor.

You haven't actually made a single valid point as to why the entire picture matters when it comes to what I'm talking about and instead you keep asserting how I am ignoring your invalid standards to fit my nonexistent agenda.

I think I'm just getting trolled. Am I on punk'd?

Metallinatus

Smash Lord

You have no idea how sexism works.

You keep insisting that I'm talking about Smash even though I'm talking about Fire Emblem.

You keep talking about some arbitrary, nonexistent "sexy sexism balance" that somehow teeters in Shulk's favor.

You haven't actually made a single valid point as to why the entire picture matters when it comes to what I'm talking about and instead you keep asserting how I am ignoring your invalid standards to fit my nonexistent agenda.

I think I'm just getting trolled. Am I on punk'd?
*sigh*
You kept talking about how you think it's sexist that female Kamui shows more in FE and how you're glad that she doesn't in Sm4sh because that would also be sexist.... and yet you just don't bother and keep ignoring that Shulk in this game shows EVEN MORE than female Kamui in any game.... he has close to zero clothes in one of his "colors", and that doesn't bother you, but having female Kamui showing a little bit more than male Kamui (and A LOT less than Shulk) is sexist....
You are sexist yourself, as you are clearly not gender impartial.... for the sake of this thread, I won't bother you anymore.
Selamat malam.

Pheva

Smash Cadet
*sigh*
You kept talking about how you think it's sexist that female Kamui shows more in FE and how you're glad that she doesn't in Sm4sh because that would also be sexist.... and yet you just don't bother and keep ignoring that Shulk in this game shows EVEN MORE than female Kamui in any game.... he has close to zero clothes in one of his "colors", and that doesn't bother you, but having female Kamui showing a little bit more than male Kamui (and A LOT less than Shulk) is sexist....
You are sexist yourself, as you are clearly not gender impartial.... for the sake of this thread, I won't bother you anymore.
Selamat malam.
Okay, yeah, Shulk shows more skin than Corrin in Smash.

But guess what

I'm not talking about Shulk you twit

you have provided me no reason to care about shulk for the sake of this argument

a small child would be able to comprehend this

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Am I the only here who understands what Pheva is trying to get at?
She's not saying anything that just because something is "sexy" it's sexist, but that's what everyone thinks she's saying for some reason.

If the male and female versions of something are both attempting to be "sexy", it's not sexist.
If neither the male nor female versions of something are both attempting to be "sexy", it's not sexist.
If the male version isn't attempting to be "sexy", but the female version is, you could argue that it's sexist - though you could also potentially argue that it isn't. This is where the controversy should really be.

She's upset that Corrin in Fates - not in Smash - has a weird design variation that changes with Corrin's gender to make the female version more "sexy".
I'm not talking about Shulk you twit

you have provided me no reason to care about shulk for the sake of this argument

a small child would be able to comprehend this
Okay, no need to get aggressive. Insults don't strengthen your argument - they just make the opposition less willing to listen.
Though I can see you irritation with this argument going in circles.

Edit:

Look at the top of their boots. Female Corrin has an exposed thigh where male Corrin has pants.

Now look at Smash Corrin.

She's wearing pants underneath, just like her male counterpart. No weird thigh gap just because she's female. That's what Pheva was referring to, in case you didn't know.

Now don't think I'm picking a definite side. I have mixed feelings about this topic. I just can't stand watching as people misinterpret someone's point.

Though Camilla's armor is definitely the stupidest in any FE game so far. There's no justifying that.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Uh... so... can we get back to laughing about how goofy and awesome Lissa and her family are? I've been trying to get into the FE:Cipher cards and I love their artwork...

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I actually married Robin to Lissa on my first playthrough.
I personally think that she's the best wife for Robin- she's the first one who he sees when he wakes up at the beginning and she's the first one he sees when he awakens at the end.
Are there any plans to bring the Fire Emblem Cipher cards overseas? They look great.
No idea, but I've been playing around with a translated version online and it works well and seems fun. I'd like to see it, but I can't see it selling well over here.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Yes the cards look amazing, when I can, I plan to import at least the Fates decks. Don't see them being released over here, but if they were to be, I could see us getting news about the time Fates releases.

But good lord, did I sign up for Tumblr by mistake? Thought this was Smashboards.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Yes the cards look amazing, when I can, I plan to import at least the Fates decks. Don't see them being released over here, but if they were to be, I could see us getting news about the time Fates releases.

But good lord, did I sign up for Tumblr by mistake? Thought this was Smashboards.
I wish I had seen these decks before the holidays- they would have made great gifts for my brothers. Still, I bought them way too much anyway... each of them got an amiibo and a Pokemon plushie...

edit- After typing that, it makes me sound a bit cheap... oops... I don't make much money and I'm saving up for tuition payments!

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Can we stop calling it a thigh gap? Sounds so weird.

I like to think of it as a...upper thigh cleavage window, or...something.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Am I the only here who understands what Pheva is trying to get at?
She's not saying anything that just because something is "sexy" it's sexist, but that's what everyone thinks she's saying for some reason.

If the male and female versions of something are both attempting to be "sexy", it's not sexist.
If neither the male nor female versions of something are both attempting to be "sexy", it's not sexist.
If the male version isn't attempting to be "sexy", but the female version is, you could argue that it's sexist - though you could also potentially argue that it isn't. This is where the controversy should really be.

She's upset that Corrin in Fates - not in Smash - has a weird design variation that changes with Corrin's gender to make the female version more "sexy".
Okay, no need to get aggressive. Insults don't strengthen your argument - they just make the opposition less willing to listen.
Though I can see you irritation with this argument going in circles.

Edit:

Look at the top of their boots. Female Corrin has an exposed thigh where male Corrin has pants.

Now look at Smash Corrin.

She's wearing pants underneath, just like her male counterpart. No weird thigh gap just because she's female. That's what Pheva was referring to, in case you didn't know.

Now don't think I'm picking a definite side. I have mixed feelings about this topic. I just can't stand watching as people misinterpret someone's point.

Though Camilla's armor is definitely the stupidest in any FE game so far. There's no justifying that.

Is everybody happy now? And don't try to tell me her shirt is sexier or as sexy than all those extra tons of muscles showing on his legs.... it's 100% not.
leaving that stupid talk about "sexism" aside, the hell is going on with this site's servers? It has been mad hard to access it at some moments in the past few.... weeks.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I finally gave in and bought Fire Emblem if, Hoshido Kingdom. I saw a second-hand copy at a retail that had a new year discount of about 50%, so I HAD to get that. I'm enjoying it so far.
I have to admit that I was a bit in the dark regarding information for this game, not because I wasn't interested but because I had no time and my gaming time was mostly spent on Smash 4 and Omega Ruby, but Corrin's reveal got me back on track. I heard about the changes to the weapon triangle but didn't look into them until recently; I have to say that I like what they did. I love the eastern inspiration the Hoshido units draw from, finally having proper ninjas and samurai, it adds some cultural variety.
I was initially hesitant on buying it because of my difficulty reading japanese kanji, but screw it, this actually helps me become a little better at it and I'm able to understand most of it.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I finally gave in and bought Fire Emblem if, Hoshido Kingdom. I saw a second-hand copy at a retail that had a new year discount of about 50%, so I HAD to get that. I'm enjoying it so far.
I have to admit that I was a bit in the dark regarding information for this game, not because I wasn't interested but because I had no time and my gaming time was mostly spent on Smash 4 and Omega Ruby, but Corrin's reveal got me back on track. I heard about the changes to the weapon triangle but didn't look into them until recently; I have to say that I like what they did. I love the eastern inspiration the Hoshido units draw from, finally having proper ninjas and samurai, it adds some cultural variety.
I was initially hesitant on buying it because of my difficulty reading japanese kanji, but screw it, this actually helps me become a little better at it and I'm able to understand most of it.
Pokémon Red taught me how to read back when I was six, so I'm sure that Fates will do wonders to your Japanese!

Crudele

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xbulsajawnx
I was surprised to see how many people here have already played FE Fates/If/Birthright/Conquest/Whatever.

How much experience do you have to have reading kanji to be able to fully experience the game? I'm planning on waiting for the NA release because I know very little japanese, but I'd like to learn eventually. Would you guys recommend practicing with japanese video games?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I was surprised to see how many people here have already played FE Fates/If/Birthright/Conquest/Whatever.

How much experience do you have to have reading kanji to be able to fully experience the game? I'm planning on waiting for the NA release because I know very little japanese, but I'd like to learn eventually. Would you guys recommend practicing with japanese video games?
Well, I mean, there is a full English fan translation out there if you don't want to read kanji.

Pheva

Smash Cadet

Is everybody happy now? And don't try to tell me her shirt is sexier or as sexy than all those extra tons of muscles showing on his legs.... it's 100% not.
leaving that stupid talk about "sexism" aside, the hell is going on with this site's servers? It has been mad hard to access it at some moments in the past few.... weeks.
You are a comically dense person. even after it was spelled out for you in the simplest manner possible you still dont get it

you are not discrediting anything anybody is saying nor are you strengthening your complete joke of an argument and you are missing the point entirely because my argument is completely flying over your head you are not proving a thing you are not doing a good job

didn't you say you were finished with this anyway?

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Well, I mean, there is a full English fan translation out there if you don't want to read kanji.
How long has it been out? I wish I had known about it sooner- I have a Japanese 3DS (I got it for Smash) and would have bought Fates in an instant if I could understand the whole thing. Still, I'm excited to play it in English since I think the treehouse did a fantastic job with Awakening.

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
How long has it been out? I wish I had known about it sooner- I have a Japanese 3DS (I got it for Smash) and would have bought Fates in an instant if I could understand the whole thing. Still, I'm excited to play it in English since I think the treehouse did a fantastic job with Awakening.
The Treehouse didn't handle the translation for Awakening if I remember correctly.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The full patch has only been out for a few weeks, but fans have been working on it for more than a few months.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
The Treehouse didn't handle the translation for Awakening if I remember correctly.
Ah, didn't know that. I'll have to look into whoever did it then since they did such a good job.

The full patch has only been out for a few weeks, but fans have been working on it for more than a few months.
Okay then, I guess I'm fine. Two months to wait isn't really so bad... I want it now...

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
I've been watching a ton of tv and movies in my spare time to close the gap between now and release. Have you guys seen anything good recently?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I've been watching a ton of tv and movies in my spare time to close the gap between now and release. Have you guys seen anything good recently?
It's not recent, but I've been rewatching How I Met Your Mother. I love that show so much and went back to it after I finished Friends. I can see the similarities between them, but they feel completely different and I prefer HIMYM because its dramatic moments were much more heart-string-tugging.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Besides playing Xenoblade X, I've been watching some TV shows such as those crime solving ones like CSI and all that. Like later tonight, there's gonna be a new episode of Law & Order: SVU on NBC and I'm gonna be tuning in. Too bad I'm only gonna watch the first half of it due to work.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Besides playing Xenoblade X, I've been watching some TV shows such as those crime solving ones like CSI and all that. Like later tonight, there's gonna be a new episode of Law & Order: SVU on NBC and I'm gonna be tuning in. Too bad I'm only gonna watch the first half of it due to work.
Yes, Xenoblade X had almost taken over my life. My brother is home from college for just a week more, so I haven't really touched it since he got home mid-December (I've been playing Smash, Triforce Heroes, and FF XIV with him). Once he's gone, I'll have an XCX marathon.

Also, another show I've been watching lately is iZombie. It's the only currently running show that I'm watching and it's both funny and thought provoking. It should be coming off it's winter break pretty soon...

D

Deleted member

Just watching seasonal anime as well as Gravity Falls, which is one of the few western shows I really enjoy. I'm more into anime than western cartoons but GF is really amazing.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I think you still miss the point.
No one was criticizing Smash Bros. No one was criticizing Wii Fit Trainer of Zamus.

...This is going to be my last post of this topic. Everyone clearly wants this discussion to end.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yeah, knock that **** off guys.

If you can't stay respectful about it in this thread, take it to PM.

You're getting too worked up about clothing in a video game anyway. Surely you have some actual problems to be concerned with.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Can't we just talk about what is up with Eponine's hair color if you decide to skinship her? Her mother should be Felicia as her portrait shows but her skinship model suggest otherwise.
Eponine's Mother.png

Top Bottom