• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
Thanks for that!

Selena's voice isn't what I was expecting. Maybe I just thought she'd sound exactly like Severa, haha.

Camilla's voice is exactly what I hoped for and expected. Glorious.
she should sound exactly like Severa, considering that
they're the same person

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Okay, cool. Guess it was just the angle.

I AM GLAD THAT THE RADIANCE OF EFFIE'S BOOTY SHINES THROUGH IN THE FACE OF CENSORSHIP. SHINE ON, GLORIOUS BOOTY, SHINE ON.

...wait, Effie's butt only really shows in the General class anyway, right? She's a Knight here.

SO WE STILL DON'T KNOW IF THE MOON WILL SHINE BRIGHTLY ANYMORE
KING GARON AND HIS UNLIMITED SEX DRIVE WILL NOT ALLOW THE BOOTY TO BE CENSORED! HE IS NOT LIKE THOSE HOSHIDANS WHO COVER THEMSELVES UP OH NO! FOR AS LONG AS HE LIVES, THERE WILL BE NO PANTS IN THE NOHRIAN ARMY!

Oh, and Sophie is the real deal breaker if the booty does in fact get covered up in the western version.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
What video was this picture taken from?
If it was at E3, then it was a feature that was kept in for now and then was reconsidered later.
If it was recent, then they probably showed a beta build of the game with the mode still intact.

I wouldn't care if the mode was removed or not, but I am so damn confused.
It was from IGN's video on how Amiibo work in Fates which was uploaded the day before Christmas. Considering that the game's been in localization since June, the footage from where the image was taken from is most likely the almost finished build. Too late to have a beta build when the game was less than two months away. I still think FE-Amie is in.

Not sure why people are distraught over skinship being removed. A lot of reviews I have read stated that the skinship feature was garbage and made the game worse.
People complain about the littlest things sometimes. Skinship isn't that bad and it didn't make the game worst. That was just people overreacting. Besides, you don't just remove a gameplay feature in localization.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I thinking now, and realised that they used both chapters that focus in Camila (battle with Camila1 in hoshido and recruitment Camila in nohr) so they're baiting the guys that play games to see sexy womans?

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I really hope they can change Oboro's voice somehow before release. I don't like the "yes" she did form Gamexplains video which is worrying me, but she will still be best waifu.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
So Benoit is now Benny.

I seriously laughed at this:joyful:

It sounds like someone is nicknaming that because they love him.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Going down through this to give my thoughts, starting with Nohr first.

Lasward - Laslow:Why change is? I liked Lasward and Laslow makes it seem he is a low life.
Zero - Niles: I knew this before hand, still like the name change
Luna - Selena:Makes sense cause Luna ability.
Benoit - Benny: Stop getting rid of our foreign names D:
Tsukiyomi? Tsukiyomo? - Hayato: Well, it is easier to say and remember.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Lazward -> Laslow
Pieri -> Peri
Benoit -> Benny (Blame Chris Benoit not NoA)
Gunther -> Gunter

I'll be right back.....................
NOOOOO I JUST NOTICED PERI. NOT MY NOHRIAN WAIFU ANYTHING(Besides Oboro, Asama, and Silas) ANYTHING BUT HER D:

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Lazward -> Laslow
Pieri -> Peri
Benoit -> Benny (Blame Chris Benoit not NoA)
Gunther -> Gunter

I'll be right back.....................
Yeeeaaaahhh... The first few localizations that trickled in weren't too bad (minus Kaden wtf), but these are, uh... pretty inscrutable. It seemed like most of the Hoshido name changes were for ease of pronunciation for the majority of players that aren't familiar with Japanese at all. But the Nohrian changes... no one was struggling to pronounce those, lol. Silly stuff.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
that doesn't list all the buildings
"Build relationships with other characters through conversations."

Could just be referring to supports, but I find the fact that the section of the website devoted to My Castle doesn't mention or show skinship in any capacity while specifically mentioning conversations, to potentially be rather telling.

Also, the section right before the My Castle section was devoted to supports.

Last edited:

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
"Build relationships with other characters through conversations."

Could just be referring to supports, but I find the fact that the section of the website devoted to My Castle doesn't mention or show skinship in any capacity while specifically mentioning conversations to potentially be rather telling.
Hm... well, you might be right.
No skin off my back either way.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
On the offical website, if you go to the My Castle section and click on the little video, you will eventually reach a part that has a list of buildings. One of them is the bath-house (official English name is "Hot Spring"). If the bath-house is in, then FE-Amie is in as well.

Also, Eponine (Niles's daughter) in now Nina, Matoi is Caeldori and Fuuga is Fuga.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
http://fireemblemfates.nintendo.com/gameplay/

Hmmm...scroll down to My Castle...
Looks like skinship really is out.
Yeah, FE:Amie is a big enough feature that I'd think that if it was in the localized version, we'd see something about it by now. It's certainly bigger than the lottery house, at least.
On the offical website, if you go to the My Castle section and click on the little video, you will eventually reach a part that has a list of buildings. One of them is the bath-house. If the bath-house is in, then FE-Amie is in as well.
Not necessarily.
Seeing people in swimsuits isn't considered as creepy as rubbing their faces.

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Well apparently Eponine is now Nina and Matoi is now Caeldori. (according to the video on the site about My castle)

Does this mean that Niles is the brother to an evil scientist?:lol:
(If anyone doesn't get the joke, the niece to the antagonist of the Crash Bandicoot series, Dr, Neo Cortex, is called Nina)

I'm also expecting Grey to be called Sugai.

Edit: :4greninja:'d Also misspelled it as the FE 7 mage.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well apparently Eponine is now Nino and Matoi is now Caeldori. (according to the video on the site about My castle)
So we've got both Selena and Nino in this game now?

Hm, why do those names sound so familiar?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

At least I didn't start right away............................................

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I will be soooooo upset if Sophie is changed. Or even Mitama? I forgot her name but the daughter of Asama.

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
So we've got both Selena and Nino in this game now?

Hm, why do those names sound so familiar?
Whoops, misspelled it as the Fe 7 character for a second.

That would be interesting though if she was in the game.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wait, it's Nina, not Nino? Dangit.

At least I can still make Selena jokes.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Yeah, FE:Amie is a big enough feature that I'd think that if it was in the localized version, we'd see something about it by now. It's certainly bigger than the lottery house, at least.Not necessarily.
Seeing people in swimsuits isn't considered as creepy as rubbing their faces.
Lilith's Shrine is also arguably a big feature since it deals with Streetpass but we don't see it mentioned on the website though it is seen in the video along with My Room. Until we have official confirmation (as in, we see that its not in the game) i'll stick to having FE-Amie in the localized versions.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Apparently, everything. It really looks like all the Hoshido characters had their names literally Romanized and it makes absolutely no freaking sense.
90% of these names have been bastardized. It's annoying as hell to see.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Ok, i know this is not corrin, but 30 more mintues for EVO lineup, lets hope smash 4 so we can see a Bayonetta/Corrin top 8 :D

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Caeldori?! Why?! What was wrong with the name "Matoi"?!
It's an anagram of Cordelia. To be honest, I don't mind it. It's kinda pretty, but I can't believe that both her and Cordelia's names start with a 'C.' Still marrying her I guess.

Well apparently Eponine is now Nina and Matoi is now Caeldori. (according to the video on the site about My castle)

Does this mean that Niles is the brother to an evil scientist?:lol:
(If anyone doesn't get the joke, the niece to the antagonist of the Crash Bandicoot series, Dr, Neo Cortex, is called Nina)

I'm also expecting Grey to be called Sugai.

Edit: :4greninja:'d Also misspelled it as the FE 7 mage.
Sugai is a single letter off from sugar. Make it happen.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I don't mind Caeldori. Certainly a better anagram than Rhajat.

Anyway, couldn't find a meaning for Laslow, but for Laszlo, apparently Laszlo means glorious ruler and was also the name of a saint known for virtue and bravery.

Top Bottom