• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I like Azura well enough, but the girl could use a cheeseburger or three.

Don't often use dancers/bards because there's so much coddling involved, but Azura seems to be able to take care of herself, so guess I'll wait and see.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Question, if you would give another class to each simbling and why
Mine
Ryouma Holy lancer because he son is one and its looks like a good class to him
Takumi spellcaster because i first thought that his bow was a magic bow
Hinoka i dont change
Sakura maybe spellcaster but she would became a sage in every base to me

Marx hero his fight style in some scenes out of horse looks like a hero
Camila berserker if she wasn't a wyvern i would put her in this class (dont know i think she is a bit similar to charlote)
Leon sorcerer the horse can't sustain all the power of the mage onii-chan
Elise Cleric even not being a nohr class i think cleric suits very well this baby
Actually, the Cipher card game depicts each of them in an alternate class from the other culture and they look very cool.

Sakura is a Knight (strange, but it works)
Elise is a Ninja (and a cute one at that)
Camilla is a Basaria (surprisingly fitting)
Hinoka is a Maid (and a ferocious one at that)
Leo is a Samurai (it looks odd)
Takumi is a Cavalier (which looks pretty cool)
Ryouma is a Wyvern Rider (which is sick- he must have been taught by Crimson)
Xander is an Exorcist (which looks off)

All in all, they are completely different takes on the characters, but many of them fit shockingly well.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Actually, the Cipher card game depicts each of them in an alternate class from the other culture and they look very cool.

Sakura is a Knight (strange, but it works)
Elise is a Ninja (and a cute one at that)
Camilla is a Basaria (surprisingly fitting)
Hinoka is a Maid (and a ferocious one at that)
Leo is a Samurai (it looks odd)
Takumi is a Cavalier (which looks pretty cool)
Ryouma is a Wyvern Rider (which is sick- he must have been taught by Crimson)
Xander is an Exorcist (which looks off)

All in all, they are completely different takes on the characters, but many of them fit shockingly well.
Some of these are so crazy I just had to look it up.

The images I found were huge, so watch out if you enlarge them.
I think most of them look fine, but Hinoka and Xander are just...no.
At least Camilla's clothes aren't a bad attempt at being "sexy".

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ

Eh. Hinoka is still best waifu as a maid

Ryoma is definitely the most badass one there though. That thunder axe

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
idk, do we even know if Corrin has tipper moves or not? The whole tipper/hilter things has always sorta been Marth and Roy's thing so I find it hard to imagine that they'll make anotherb FE character even remotely revolve around that.
We know Corrin's fsmash has a tipper, and it looks like his other smashes will as well, going off the sparks that show up during their animations. I guess they'd be like Sheik's usmash in that regard.

The rest of the moveset looks to be tipper-free, though. But if you're having trouble spacing those smashes, getting kills could be a pain. Here's hoping that uthrow kills like we think it might.

Personally I kinda hope that Roy doesn't make it back into the next Smash game; I never really card for him and kinda wish that they didn't bring him back, despite his "importance".

But really the only FE characters guaranteed to make it back in at this point are :4marth::4myfriends:, everyone else is kinda up in the air
At this point, I think the order of priority they'd probably be would be :4marth:>:4robinm:>:4myfriends:>:4corrin:>:4feroy:>:4lucina:. Robin's super-unique magic knight moveset would give him a leg up over Ike, and Corrin would fall in front of Roy and Lucina due to being completely unique himself. If Fire Emblem stays relevant, I can see Marth through Corrin coming back and bringing a newcomer from the most recent FE game with them. Lucina could just fall back on being a Marth alt, but Roy may find himself on the outside looking in again...

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Roy would most likely return to Smash popularity, and if they feel there's a need to bring FE6 to the West in something like a compilation of FE 6+7. This is me just before going to bed in Kyoto, and I too don't want to see any of the FE characters cut, nor more added until the other series get more characters.

Yep, staying one night in the Kyotes. おやすみ。

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I love that we have two parallel conversations going on- one about if Corrin is viable in Smash and the other about if Hinioka looks good as a maid and how odd Xander looks odd as an Exorcist.

Eh. Hinoka is still best waifu as a maid

Ryoma is definitely the most badass one there though. That thunder axe
I agree about Hinoka... she looks pretty good like that. I love how she's still fierce.

These cards make me want to do a playthrough with those characters in those classes.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Don't we all wish we could just throw all obligations out the window in order to get into Smash Bros itself more?
And that is exactly why Corrin is the great. He/she shows us that its ok to ignore your obligations just to play Smash Bros.

I was reading your post and was thinking about your last pairing hoping that you knew the implications. I'm glad that you do.

My personal favorite is one that you don't see here- Azura and Lazward. The singer and the dancer just seem so perfect for me... also...

Soleil is the army's worst singer, and Azura, Shuigure, and Olivia are all fantastic ones. It makes me wonder about if Lazward is any good. [/spoiler ]
I will admit, when i first found out that Corrin and Azura were cousins, it pushed me away a little bit. I completely forgot about it 3 days later (because its only mentioned once in the entire game and it wasn't until mid-September that someone reminded me that Corrin and Azura were cousins but by that time i was like "Azura will still be my waifu". As for Azura and Lazward, that seems like an interesting pairing. When i do my female Corrin run, i'll have Azura and Lazward get married. "

I like Azura well enough, but the girl could use a cheeseburger or three.

Don't often use dancers/bards because there's so much coddling involved, but Azura seems to be able to take care of herself, so guess I'll wait and see.
Wait, cheeseburger?

Dancer units were never meant to be offensive units. In the 3rd, 4th, and 5th Fire Emblem games, Dancers had Swords but their strength was terrible so it was only there as a way to defend themselves. The GBA Fire Emblem games had Dancers as purely support units. Don't know about the Tellius games. In Awakening, Olivia can be used offensively but not as a Dancer (I say that even though i have Olivia with maxed out stats and Limit Break as a Dancer). Looking at Azura's stat growths, she seems to be a glass canon. Strength and Luck are a nice 60% while Skill and Speed are a good 80%. But HP has a 25% growth and Resistance has a 35%. Her Defense stat is the worst with only a 15% growth. Magic has a 25% stat growth but Azura doesn't really need it unless you plan on reclassing her into a magic based character/have her use the Shockstick lance.

Every time i see these cards, i keep wishing more and more that the Fire Emblem Cipher cards get localized. These cards are much, much better than Pokemon cards (Yes, i'm FE biased but seriously, FE cards look better than Pokemon cards).

Roy would most likely return to Smash popularity, and if they feel there's a need to bring FE6 to the West in something like a compilation of FE 6+7. This is me just before going to bed in Kyoto, and I too don't want to see any of the FE characters cut, nor more added until the other series get more characters.

Yep, staying one night in the Kyotes. おやすみ。
At this point, there's no reason not to localize Binding Blade. FE7's cliff-hanger is the first reason why Binding Blade should be localized and considering that Roy was brought back due to popularity, Binding Blade should get localized. If Nintendo was to start localizing FE games, they would probably start with Binding Blade. Plus, Binding Blade is my favorite Fire Emblem game (that i've played). Fates will probably overtake it though.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
And that is exactly why Corrin is the great. He/she shows us that its ok to ignore your obligations just to play Smash Bros.

I will admit, when i first found out that Corrin and Azura were cousins, it pushed me away a little bit. I completely forgot about it 3 days later (because its only mentioned once in the entire game and it wasn't until mid-September that someone reminded me that Corrin and Azura were cousins but by that time i was like "Azura will still be my waifu". As for Azura and Lazward, that seems like an interesting pairing. When i do my female Corrin run, i'll have Azura and Lazward get married. "
I just didn't want you thinking that it was your dream pairing and then suddenly having that relationship slap you in the face! Eh... at least they weren't raised like cousins/siblings... I'm looking at you Elise... I find her of all people completely wrong.
Wait, cheeseburger?
It's a joke- they're saying that she's too thin and needs to eat more. While her figure is nearly unattainable, at least she's a dancer and it makes sense.

Every time i see these cards, i keep wishing more and more that the Fire Emblem Cipher cards get localized. These cards are much, much better than Pokemon cards (Yes, i'm FE biased but seriously, FE cards look better than Pokemon cards).
There is a way to play Cipher online using an program called LackeyCCG. It has all the cards translated too. It's no physical game, but it's not like I'd be able to financially keep up with a card game anyway.

edit: Gameplay of Chapter 10 of FE:Conquest! Hinata is still Hinata and Oboro is still Oboro! I'm glad they bucked the trend of removing syllables from character's Japanese names and that we didn't get Obor and Hina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnx4TSvTcQ4&ab_channel=GameXplain

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well some characters seems young to marry (sakura and tsukyomi I'm looking to you) maybe they promise to marry when grow-up or something like that (i think awakening had this in some supports) but some cases, the character seems young to even be in that place (YES ELISE you)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Parts of the amie were actually really adorable. Oh well all the more reason for me to be glad that I imported mine.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Hinata is still Hinata and Oboro is still Oboro!
yayy

Apparently FE Amie is gone in the localization.
I'm kinda mixed on this. On one hand it did come off as creepy in places, and is probably the biggest thing some people had against the game.

On the other hand, some of the character's best moments came from lines in My Room, i.e. Niles/Zero mellowing out after getting an S-Support. I hope some of those moments are expressed elsewhere. Maybe you can still invite people up and talk to them, just no petting.

If not, then 'least we got desktop sim out of it.

Though I wonder how this will affect supports. The whole 'confession scene' thing was done through Amie, right?
I'd say they will still have the confession scenes as is, but the option to pet them is gone.

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Through the Live2D models yes, but not through a result of the Amir feature. The confession is a result at the end of S supports like Awakening. I'm not sure if they repeat it during Amie scenes since I don't know Japanese.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
RIP FE Amie

We hardly knew ye.

Honestly, I thought it was harmless enough that it would just be toned down, not axed completely.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Fire Emblem Amie/Skinship is apparently removed in western release
That's sad and all but there are more important manners to discuss about! LIKE NAME CHANGES!

First thing first, if you like the names Hinata and Oboro you have nothing to worry about. These names will stay as confirmed by GameXplain's Fates Gameplay video.

HOWEVER, the same cannot be said for Saizou, Nishiki, and Yuugiri!

Get use to calling these three Saizo, Kaden, and Reina!

Now, if you'll excuse me. I have some retagging to do!

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Wait, cheeseburger?

Dancer units were never meant to be offensive units. In the 3rd, 4th, and 5th Fire Emblem games, Dancers had Swords but their strength was terrible so it was only there as a way to defend themselves. The GBA Fire Emblem games had Dancers as purely support units. Don't know about the Tellius games. In Awakening, Olivia can be used offensively but not as a Dancer (I say that even though i have Olivia with maxed out stats and Limit Break as a Dancer). Looking at Azura's stat growths, she seems to be a glass canon. Strength and Luck are a nice 60% while Skill and Speed are a good 80%. But HP has a 25% growth and Resistance has a 35%. Her Defense stat is the worst with only a 15% growth. Magic has a 25% stat growth but Azura doesn't really need it unless you plan on reclassing her into a magic based character/have her use the Shockstick lance.
Yes, hence why they must be coddled. You have to make sure that the enemy doesn't look at them sideways, or they fall over and die horribly.

Kaden? Eww.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Kaden??? KADEN????? Why Kaden????
And c'mon Saizo? Why get out of the u?
Yuugiri nothung to say because i think its better as reina,... but KADEN???

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1175771
I never planned on using FE Amie so it doesn't effect me....to an extent. I'm not mad that its gone, i'm mad that they decided to remove it in the first place. You can change a game during localization all you want but you don't just remove a gameplay feature. FE Amie had an effect on supports. Now its gone. Unlike the Xenoblade X censors, these censors will potentially affect the game in the long run.

This better be the only censorship that the game gets (aside from minor swimsuit modifications to make them less revealing and other minor censors like that).

If they remove the ability to S-Support Azura......no, they can't do that. Aside from Supports being one of the most important mechanics in Fire Emblem, it would be a ****ish move to remove the ability to S-Support Azura since the revelation that they are cousins doesn't happen until Ch.24 in Revelation and it wouldn't be fair to those who avoided spoilers for 6+months and wanted to marry Azura only to find out they can't because of a revelation that happens 24 chapters into the game. And it would create major problems from a gameplay perspective, removing the ability to S-Support Azura will result in missing confession scene, missing all 3 versions of Corrin x Azura S-Support conversation, missing sibling supports between Kanna and Shigure, missing parent supports between Corrin and Shigure, Kanna and Azura, no azure-colored hair for Kanna, Shigure won't get the Nohr Prince set for his reclasses and no Corrin x Azura ending.

I apologize if i sound like an Azura fanboy but i really don't want them to remove the ability to S-Support Azura (or the ability to S-Support anybody).

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Strange this of no fe amie because they alredy showed in treehouse this feature

The only censorship that i want is to cover more the.dark mages (i realy cant look to ophelia in that cloth) and they made the units older in age (elise only have 10 years and can give a birth to a child)

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Armagon Armagon At worst, they'll prolly listed them as "Companions", like Lucina & Owain if they marry in Awakening.

Besides FE:Amie, I'd doubt they'd censor much else, though I'd be in favor if they aged up some characters.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
So can the DLC classes (Witch, for example) be used as secondary classes when creating a new Corrin at the beginning of a new playthrough, provided they've been downloaded?

EDIT: My 1500th post! WOO!

Last edited:

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1175771
but... there isn't any actual proof there. The article writer paraphrased the rep's confirmation. That alone makes me think that it's not true.

and there's a part in an IGN video where they show the menu option and the option was renamed to "private quarters."

I'm calling shenanigans until the game actually comes out, or somewhere less clickbaity than Kotaku confirms.

edit: found the video, skip to 1:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0C3Y3eevXY&ab_channel=IGN

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Armagon Armagon At worst, they'll probably listed them as "Companions", like Lucina & Owain if they marry in Awakening.

Besides FE:Amie, I'd doubt they'd censor much else, though I'd be in favor if they aged up some characters.
"companions" even though they have children. Hopefully they just remove that one line that reveals that Corrin and Azura are cousins.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
"companions" even though they have children. Hopefully they just remove that one line that reveals that Corrin and Azura are cousins.
I don't think they will, considering how important the idea of family is in the game.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
As long as Camilla is still able to be married, and the supports aren't butchered (I'm betting on Facepetting being gone, but not the conversations there.) I'm fine with all these changes.

If anything, Private Quarters will just have a slight mechanical change without the awkward moaning.

As an aside; what happens in Awakening if Chrom!Cynthia marries Owain? Do they do the whole "Partner" thing that Lucina x Owain does?

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

You thought Kagerou, Crimson, Ricken clone, Asama, and Ganz would be safe?

Screen Shot 2016-01-26 at 3.46.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-26 at 3.48.01 PM.png

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Personally I like Scarlet better than Crimson anyway. I don't see the problem with them taking the U's out, that's American English for you, and they'd be pronounced the same either way.

...Is this actually considered spoilery?

Also, I'm glad Felicia is unchanged and Camilla (I think?) is as well.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm used to the Japanese names, so that's probably what I'll keep using. Shortening names (like Suzukaze to Kaze) is dumb anyway.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
The dumbest thing about the translation isn't the name changes. No, it's how the voice actors pronounce the Hoshidan names. They sound too American.

Anyways, the name changes make some sense, now that I've thought about it. Some people might be confused by the japanese pronunciations, e.g. saying mo-zoom instead of mo-zu-meh

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
the dumbest thing about the translation isn't the name changes. No, it's how the voice actors pronounce the Hoshidan names. They sound too American.

Anyways, the name changes make some sense, now that I've thought about it. Some people might be confused by the japanese pronunciations, e.g. saying mo-zoom instead of mo-zu-meh
Wait, do they actually pronounce Kaze (which I assume is pronounced Kah-zay) as Kayz? Because if so that's ****ing awful.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
While we're on the subject of the Enlgish VAs, let's talk about Felicia's English voice. Felicia looks like a teenage girl but she's got the voice of a 27 year old. At least, that's what it sounds like to me.
BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

You thought Kagerou, Crimson, Ricken clone, Asama, and Ganz would be safe?

Hayato: i don't mind. Much easier to pronounce compared to his Japanese name.
Scarlet: is her last name Erza?;)
Kagero: back to removing one letter, are we?
Azama: isn't Asama a girl's name in Japan? Or does it work for both genders? Regardless, i like Azama more.
Hans: .......It bothers me.......but not as much as the localization name change from Tsubaki to Subaki.

Top Bottom