• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Felicia's English voice doesn't fit her at all. And Nyx is really...squeaky. They should have swapped voices lol.
I don't think Felicia's is bad. It's not what I imagined, but it's not terrible.

Can't say I'm too miffed about Nyx; I was never big on her design.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I don't think Felicia's is bad. It's not what I imagined, but it's not terrible.

Can't say I'm too miffed about Nyx; I was never big on her design.
I just like Dark Mages in general. They typically wind up some of my favorite units in the game. So Nyx will see a lot of use and possibly be waifu'd.

Have we heard Flora's English VA yet? I <3 me some Flora.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Now that i've cleared my mind, i've analyzed the supposed FE-Amie being removed in the localized versions. If it really was the case, then why was Kotaku the only one informed? If there were like, 30 other people at that event, wouldn't they be informed as well? Also, here's the supposed quote from the Nintendo rep:
“Yes, that is the case [that petting isn’t in the English version]. You might have heard somewhat misinterpreted or exaggerated information about the Japanese original game, but even in the Japanese original version, we have not included any features which are considered inappropriate in Japan".
You will notice two things. One, it was paraphrased (someone on this thread may have said that already). 2, "Japanese original game" is grammatically incorrect. The correct way to say it is "Original Japanese game".

Aside from the quote itself, SerenesForest, the Fire Emblem equivalent of SmashBoards, is skeptical on whether FE-Amie was actually removed the feature and, while potentially not as trustworthy since its a wiki, the My Castle page on the Fire Emblem Wiki said that the skinships were only available in the Japanese version before the "only available in the Japanese version" line was removed.

This information would've been more believable if it came from someone like GameXplain.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

You thought Kagerou, Crimson, Ricken clone, Asama, and Ganz would be safe?

Tbh Tsukyomi reminds me more of Juju from Xenoblade Chronicles (not X) more than Ricken. (Although I can see the similarities as they both are young mages)

I'm also kind of glad that they changed the name because it just sounds easier to say than his Japenese name.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
I am sceptical that it was actually removed now, so I'll just wait until we get more info.

I am interested in how people reacted to the possible change. Professor Layton and the Last Spectre removed the entire 'London Life' RPG from the European version. Saints Row IV removed Shaundi's loyalty mission from the Australian version, instead you get the mission rewards when you would've usually unlocked it. Grand Theft Auto V skips the torture scenes in the Japanese version. Removing content between releases for various reasons is nothing new. Yet this time, Fire Emblem Fates gets the biggest backlash I've seen in a while.

Also, am I the only one who actually likes the name "Kaden"?

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I think i just found proof that Kotaku was lying. When i saw GameXplain's stream of the Japanese version of the game, they could only do FE-Amie once. Once you do one session of FE-Amie, you have to wait a while before you can do another one.
That exclamation mark shows that a new FE-Amie session is available. Kotaku is full of lies.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Kaden- Really? Nishiki was so good... apparently "Kaden" means "fighter" in "American" (lol, baby name meaning websites). Does anyone get the reference?

Reina- It sounds alright... it's a apparently the Spanish word for "queen" and she's regal. She's also apparently a New York disco/dance musician...

Kagero- Ha ha ha, one letter... nice... I'm not angry about this, it's just funny.

Azama- What? Was that because they were afraid of how we'd pronounce his name? Strange, but I kinda like it with the "Z."

Hayato- What? Oh... it literally means "falcon-man" and it's based off a Japanese group of people. That's actually clever, especially since he's this game's wind mage. I really like this.

And Scarlet... well... the first thing that comes to mind is...

Attachments

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I think i just found proof that Kotaku was lying. When i saw GameXplain's stream of the Japanese version of the game, they could only do FE-Amie once. Once you do one session of FE-Amie, you have to wait a while before you can do another one.
That exclamation mark shows that a new FE-Amie session is available. Kotaku is full of lies.
One quick note about the Amie feature
Amie is usually once per two side battles, once per main story battle, or after a period of time. You can't sit and pet people all day in the JP version either.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I'm not inclined to believe Kotaku without anyone else backing it up either, but admittedly, that exclamation point could be to just go to the house and you view their skinship lines instead of having to pet them. That'd probably be the best way to handle the mechanic getting cut- give us the character development and lines, but remove us actually physically touching them.

Still, I don't believe Kotaku, especially since nobody else has corroborated on this yet. For all we know, this feature that was cut could have been Sophie's attacks stripping the enemies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Kaden- Really? Nishiki was so good... apparently "Kaden" means "fighter" in "American" (lol, baby name meaning websites). Does anyone get the reference?

Reina- It sounds alright... it's a apparently the Spanish word for "queen" and she's regal. She's also apparently a New York disco/dance musician...
Kaden? Well... they look similar... Welp, guess I'm calling Kinu: Racheta. :p

Also, the name Reina reminds me of Hibike Euphonium... Anyway, are they really localizing the Hoshido characters with more western names? Kind of doesn't make sense when Hoshido is basically Fire Emblem Japan. Might as well call Hoshido something like Gaul or something. Surely a Gallic Empire would be using katana, yumi, and wearing kimono, samurai armor, and other Japanese stuff... Oh well...

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Let's put Reina this way: Reina means "queen" in Spanish. Reina acts as Mikoto's subordinate. What is Mikoto's occupation? The Queen of Hoshido.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Let's put Reina this way: Reina means "queen" in Spanish. Reina acts as Mikoto's subordinate. What is Mikoto's occupation? The Queen of Hoshido.
So what would be Reina's name in the Spanish versions of the game? Queen?

As someone who grew up in a Spanish speaking house, i'm a fraud for not seeing that Reina's name is the Spanish word for queen.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I AM SOOOOOO HYPED!!!! This game has been on my MOST HYPED GAME since it was announced! Corrin looks great and so does fates. I am going to watch GameXplains video to see how some of the voice actors are!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If what Kotaku says about FE:Amie is fake, I wonder why someone with a review copy hasn't come out and said so yet.

Maybe they replaced the face-rubbing mini game with some written dialogue whenever you call a character to your room or whatever?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
If what Kotaku says about FE:Amie is fake, I wonder why someone with a review copy hasn't come out and said so yet.

Maybe they replaced the face-rubbing mini game with some written dialogue whenever you call a character to your room or whatever?
I don't think review copies have been sent out yet. The recent Fates footage that came out was just Conquest Ch.10 and Birthright Ch.13. The people who played it were at a preview event.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't think review copies have been sent out yet. The recent Fates footage that came out was just Conquest Ch.10 and Birthright Ch.13. The people who played it were at a preview event.
Oh. Well, that explains my confusion.

I'm going to hold my breath on this one then, since I could actually see it going either way.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I was thinking something along those lines too. Her name is unusual, but fine... Kaden...

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
I am sceptical that it was actually removed now, so I'll just wait until we get more info.

I am interested in how people reacted to the possible change. Professor Layton and the Last Spectre removed the entire 'London Life' RPG from the European version. Saints Row IV removed Shaundi's loyalty mission from the Australian version, instead you get the mission rewards when you would've usually unlocked it. Grand Theft Auto V skips the torture scenes in the Japanese version. Removing content between releases for various reasons is nothing new. Yet this time, Fire Emblem Fates gets the biggest backlash I've seen in a while.

Also, am I the only one who actually likes the name "Kaden"?
There's been an anti-censorship movement on certain sites recently. Also, NoA censored a couple of games before this one, so people were waiting for something to be confirmed censored or removed from this game.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Apparently someone from IGN is also saying that skinship is out.

Then what the heck is this then?
That ! shows that there's a new FE-Amie session available. Unless they replaced it with a similar feature.

Last edited:

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Not sure why people are distraught over skinship being removed. A lot of reviews I have read stated that the skinship feature was garbage and made the game worse.

D

Deleted member

Then what the heck is this then?
That ! shows that there's a new FE-Amie session available. Unless they replaced it with a similar feature.
What video was this picture taken from?
If it was at E3, then it was a feature that was kept in for now and then was reconsidered later.
If it was recent, then they probably showed a beta build of the game with the mode still intact.

I wouldn't care if the mode was removed or not, but I am so damn confused.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Not sure why people are distraught over skinship being removed. A lot of reviews I have read stated that the skinship feature was garbage and made the game worse.
The idea that an optional feature can make something worse is pretty lame. It's like people saying that Trophy Rush makes Smash 4 worse or that Pokemon amie made Pokemon worse. They're completely optional and don't detract from the main game at all.

While I personally don't need to pet my FE characters, taking out the skinshipping removes some of the characterization from the game. Without skinshipping, we don't have Odin telling us secrets about his past, Foleo's shockingly naughty side, and some lines that characters have that reveal things about their past or personalities.

It means companion in Arabic. That's gotta be mean something right?
That's better than my dumb definition I found. It's not directly associated with the character (like Hayato), but it could work when looking at his history... maybe.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Ok, I am going to post this when someone else has posted a post so I do not double post(I used post a LOT on that sentence). I am just going to comment on the voice actors from characters shown.

Silas:I think this is actually kinda perfect. Fits the friend voice and is the guy i will marry when I play as the female character when i play as her the first time
Felicia:Sounds like a voice machine, does not fit her.
Takumi:I feel like his voice is pretty good, but I think his voice is a bit too deep.
Hinata: I like his voice, again i think it is too deep
OBOROKINS THE WAIFU TO END ALL WAIFUS:I don't like it, but that is from hearing her say Yes in an angry way. i must hope her joyful tone is wayyy better, still best waifu.

Wanted to note that chapter 10 is where you get your master seal, in nohr that is.

Arthur:I like this voice a lot, sounds like a super hero to me at least.
Selena:Wish they used the same voice actor, not as bratty as Severa, too high pitched.
Berka:I kinda like Berka's voice. It fits her silent character.
Camilla:Fits her, though i think it could be more daunting.
Niles:I like it, deepened would be better however.
Nyx:Ummmmmmmm, I thought she would sound more mature and not as sqeaky as Elise SHOULD sound like
Elise:Sound older than Nyx, which I do not think she is older than. Also she is not the little sister I once knew D:
Sakura:Same as Elise
Azura:Fits her REALLY well.
Hinoka:I actually really like it. Fits her tomboyish attitude.
ALSO THEY DID NOT SENSOR CAMILLA'S SCENE OMG WE HAVE HOPE.
Tsubaki:I don't think it fits him i expected more of a elegant voice.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
ALSO THEY DID NOT SENSOR CAMILLA'S SCENE OMG WE HAVE HOPE.
Ugh, looks like I'll be skipping that embarrassing cutscene after all.

It's one thing to make a character "sexy". It's another to shove it in your face.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
It made my own investigations. The booty was not touched!
View attachment 93951 View attachment 93952

...What? Someone had to do it.
Okay, cool. Guess it was just the angle.

I AM GLAD THAT THE RADIANCE OF EFFIE'S BOOTY SHINES THROUGH IN THE FACE OF CENSORSHIP. SHINE ON, GLORIOUS BOOTY, SHINE ON.

...wait, Effie's butt only really shows in the General class anyway, right? She's a Knight here.

SO WE STILL DON'T KNOW IF THE MOON WILL SHINE BRIGHTLY ANYMORE

Last edited:
Top Bottom