• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I don't mind Caeldori. Certainly a better anagram than Rhajat.

Anyway, couldn't find a meaning for Laslow, but for Laszlo, apparently Laszlo means glorious ruler and was also the name of a saint known for virtue and bravery.
But the "Z" makes it look cool! It also ditches the blue naming scheme that Inigo/Azur/Lazward used!... le heavy sigh.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
How is the pronounce of the cordelia2.0.?
I believe it's something like "Kayl-do-ree", "Kayl-do-rye" or "Cale-do-ree".

That being said, while checking, I found something interesting.

Cael in Irish means "slender." And with Dori, there are a number of things I found.
-One example is a Romanian example where Dori means "to desire, to want, or to wish". That could fit a bit with her desire to love or her previous incarnation's want for Chrom.
-There's どうり, which in Romaji is dori. The JP part is Hiragana for 道理, which means reason, sense, logic, etc. This could fit with her hard working nature and belief in skill rather than luck(as noted with her support with Sumia.)
-And last, there's apparently an Old Norse version which is rumored to mean "The Borer."

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Awesome! Hope your pool luck and progress is better for this year and hope to see ya around :'D
I am also going to use bayo, spending the months practicing with them. Probably going to use rosa, bayo, and corrin mainly and not cloud or sonic.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
what the **** did nintendo do with my beautiful tsubaki

WHERE IS THE T
The got rid of the T a long time ago, actually.
It's kind of stupid, but it's also kind of minor, so I guess I'll just live with it.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Am I the one who likes ALL the new english names in FE: Fates? The only one weird to me is Rhajat (wut), but everything else is solid gold to me. Omg, and I adore the name Caeldori <3

Sm4sh comfirmed for EVO 2016? Beautiful :p

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Hibiki->Kaden?
Aqua->Azura? Ashura->Asyura?

Beruka->Beruka?
*grits teeth*

Slowly, but surely, I am walking towards the path of not getting this localized game.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I am also going to use bayo, spending the months practicing with them. Probably going to use rosa, bayo, and corrin mainly and not cloud or sonic.
I'm hoping to be all Corrin but I may keep using a bit of Lucina on the side. Can't imagine just flat out dropping her after being a Marth main for 3 gens

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
I'm hoping to be all Corrin but I may keep using a bit of Lucina on the side. Can't imagine just flat out dropping her after being a Marth main for 3 gens
Good luck to both of you!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't mind Caeldori. Certainly a better anagram than Rhajat.

Anyway, couldn't find a meaning for Laslow, but for Laszlo, apparently Laszlo means glorious ruler and was also the name of a saint known for virtue and bravery.
Y'know, ever since I'm been exposed to the fact that in German, Polish, and other languages that the "W" makes a "V" or "Vuh" sound, I'm hearing (from "reading" in my head) Laslow as "Laz-lov" instead of the probably more usual "Laz-low". Lasward I still hear "normally" as "Laz-ward", but if it was "Laz-vard", that be okay too.

I believe it's something like "Kayl-do-ree", "Kayl-do-rye" or "Cale-do-ree".

That being said, while checking, I found something interesting.

Cael in Irish means "slender." And with Dori, there are a number of things I found.
-One example is a Romanian example where Dori means "to desire, to want, or to wish". That could fit a bit with her desire to love or her previous incarnation's want for Chrom.
-There's どうり, which in Romaji is dori. The JP part is Hiragana for 道理, which means reason, sense, logic, etc. This could fit with her hard working nature and belief in skill rather than luck(as noted with her support with Sumia.)
-And last, there's apparently an Old Norse version which is rumored to mean "The Borer."
Keep in mind that Cael is of Gaelic origin? So, it shouldn't be assumed that it's pronounced like kale, the vegetable. Can't verify any of these, but apparently in Ireland, people say "keel" while in Scotland, it's "cal". There's also "kay-el", but you need an accent above the "a" which would make it look like Cáel. Not a name or pronunciation expert, but yeah... As for "-dori", I wouldn't be surprised if "dor-eye" works with "dor-ee". So, Caeldori could be "kale-dor-ee", "kale-dor-eye", "keel-dor-ee", "keel-dor-eye", "cal-dor-ee", "cal-dor-eye", "kay-el-dor-ee", or "kay-el-dor-eye".

This is reminding me Kjelle... I just call her "Jelly" and get over with it instead of dealing with "kee-yell", "chell", "chell-ee", "kuh-jelle", "kuh-jelly". Also, have a stab at Aoife and Saoirse without Googling them. If that's too hard, then take a stab at Seamus and Sean. I'm willing to bet people will say, "Sea-mus" and "Seen", as their first guess.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Caeldori?! Why?! What was wrong with the name "Matoi"?!
Considering Matoi is an anagram of Tiamo (Cordelia's japanese name) this makes absolute sense.

Earlier I heard it was "Radicole" which is horrible, so I'm actually happy with Caeldori.

WHERE IS THE T

AND THIS

WHY NINTENDO

MY POOR FELICIA

NOW A WEIRD OLD GROSS LADY
Felicia's fine. Nothing about her is old, and having a lower pitched voice than your average "young attractive female" doesn't make her any less good than she is.

I actually like her distinctive voice; don't just piss all over things because they aren't what was expected.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Edit: ****, I forgot I posted already. I blame the time.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
it isn't even "the voice isn't what we expected", the voice actor is terrible

they have no expression in their dialogue and sound really bored with it

it doesn't sound like they're trying whatsoever

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
it isn't even "the voice isn't what we expected", the voice actor is terrible

they have no expression in their dialogue and sound really bored with it

it doesn't sound like they're trying whatsoever
Well, to be fair, we've only heard one section of dialogue. I still don't think it's the worst, I didn't cringe which is more than I can say for some other voice acting.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Eh, I just don't feel like the Fates dub lives up to Awakening. The Awakening dub was quite good, but I really can't say the same for Fates, from what we've heard thus far. The general emotion going into these characters isn't as strong and doesn't fit the actual dialogue.

It doesn't really matter as I've got the Japanese copy, but if dual-audio isn't in I'm not going to be dropping money for the English edition.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382

WHERE IS THE T

AND THIS

WHY NINTENDO

MY POOR FELICIA

NOW A WEIRD OLD GROSS LADY
Things like this make me wish there was an option in the game to use the japanese voices instead.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Thank you, Nintendo of America. Now I might actually get the game.
I really didn't want some stupid looking anime chick puckering up her lips at me on my 3DS screen at all.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Things like this make me wish there was an option in the game to use the japanese voices instead.
That reminds me, I wished we could set individual character's voices in Smash like in UMvC3... Sometimes, I'd like to switch between English and Japanese Falco and Ike and sometimes, I'd like to hear the UK Wii Fit Trainer. Just want some variety in my life without having to change everything, especially on the 3DS which I think you have to change the language on the system to get the other audio.

Also, I just realized something... IndigoSSB IndigoSSB , are you the same Indigo here: http://smashboards.com/attachments/officiallcpr-jpg.89505/ which was posted here for southwest Florida in PR rankings directory: http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-power-rankings-directory-project.401710/?

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Earlier I heard it was "Radicole" which is horrible, so I'm actually happy with Caeldori.
Horrible? I'd say that name actually sounds pretty...
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Radical.

YYEEAAHH
Thank you, Nintendo of America. Now I might actually get the game.
I really didn't want some stupid looking anime chick puckering up her lips at me on my 3DS screen at all.
Well to be fair, it was 100% optional.
Still kinda stupid though.

Last edited:

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Horrible? I'd say that name actually sounds pretty...
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Radical.
YYEEAAHH
Well to be fair, it was 100% optional.
Still kinda stupid though.
But it leads to children, right?
Just knowing it's in the game just feels....weird.

Last edited:

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
That reminds me, I wished we could set individual character's voices in Smash like in UMvC3... Sometimes, I'd like to switch between English and Japanese Falco and Ike and sometimes, I'd like to hear the UK Wii Fit Trainer. Just want some variety in my life without having to change everything, especially on the 3DS which I think you have to change the language on the system to get the other audio.

Also, I just realized something... IndigoSSB IndigoSSB , are you the same Indigo here: http://smashboards.com/attachments/officiallcpr-jpg.89505/ which was posted here for southwest Florida in PR rankings directory: http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-power-rankings-directory-project.401710/?
Yeah, that's me, I'm amazed you managed to find me in all of those ranking lol. I started playing in tournaments after I made my smashboards account, so I changed my name to match my tag.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yeah, that's me, I'm amazed you managed to find me in all of those ranking lol. I started playing in tournaments after I made my smashboards account, so I changed my name to match my tag.
It wasn't difficult since the PR just listed people... What was difficult was figuring out if "Indigo" has an account here since there's a lot of Indigos on Smashboards and I don't know who's really the Indigo from "southwest" Florida... Now, I can add you to this list: http://smashboards.com/threads/great-fox-hangar-ace-pilot-list.429118/! You're PR'd in your region, so you're a Flying Ace. So, another question: do you only use Falco in tournaments or have Robin as a co-main, secondary, etc.?

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
It wasn't difficult since the PR just listed people... What was difficult was figuring out if "Indigo" has an account here since there's a lot of Indigos on Smashboards and I don't know who's really the Indigo from "southwest" Florida... Now, I can add you to this list: http://smashboards.com/threads/great-fox-hangar-ace-pilot-list.429118/! You're PR'd in your region, so you're a Flying Ace. So, another question: do you only use Falco in tournaments or have Robin as a co-main, secondary, etc.?
I'm mainly a Falco main, honestly my Robin only comes out in friendlies or in games I know I can win. As much as I wish she were good, she's not, she get's destroyed by most of the top tiers.

Fun fact, I got my tag because the TO at my first tournament mistook the word "Inigo" (my second favorite child from awakening) for "Indigo".

On the topic of Amie, I'm a little disappointed if they're cutting it out of the localized game just from the fact that it'll mean less content than the japanese version.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Keep in mind that Cael is of Gaelic origin? So, it shouldn't be assumed that it's pronounced like kale, the vegetable. Can't verify any of these, but apparently in Ireland, people say "keel" while in Scotland, it's "cal". There's also "kay-el", but you need an accent above the "a" which would make it look like Cáel. Not a name or pronunciation expert, but yeah...
Actual Irish speaker here. The word from which "Cáel" is derived - "caol" - would be pronounced something like "kway-uhl". Could probably simplify it to "kale" if it makes it easier, or you don't want a strong accent. "Cael" would be closer to "kale". I can't actually imagine how " Cáel" would be pronounced - though I would guess something like "call" (as in phone call). The á accent makes the a sound like "aw".

As for "dori", if it were of Irish origin ("do" and "rí" are actual Irish words, so not impossible), it would be something like "duh-ree".

Though at the end of the day I doubt the name is anything more than just an anagram of Cordelia, so *shrug*

Top Bottom