• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Actual Irish speaker here. The word from which "Cáel" is derived - "caol" - would be pronounced something like "kway-uhl". Could probably simplify it to "kale" if it makes it easier, or you don't want a strong accent. "Cael" would be closer to "kale". I can't actually imagine how " Cáel" would be pronounced - though I would guess something like "call" (as in phone call). The á accent makes the a sound like "aw".

As for "dori", if it were of Irish origin ("do" and "rí" are actual Irish words, so not impossible), it would be something like "duh-ree".

Though at the end of the day I doubt the name is anything more than just an anagram of Cordelia, so *shrug*
Hmm... "kale-duh-ree" sounds cute. "call-duh-ree", s'okay. Meanwhile, "kway-uhl-duh-ree" makes me think Caeldori is a quail... Also cute. Welp, there's Jelly and Quail now. :p

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Benoit's english name is Benny and that's hilarious to me.
Dammit! I wanted to use my limited French! Nooooo! My "ben-nwah"... Yeah, I don't know how to phonetically type that out. If Benoit was pronounced "ben-oit" or "beh-no-it", it would be gross... Now, Benny on the other hand... Obligatory Benny Hill. :p

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I'm working on my Zelda show idea and naturally I'm adding in some fire emblem characters to fill in some extra characters and of course I'd have to have Nathan Fillion play Arthur..

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Wow good luck to all mains off Corrin (even the ones that have flaw in luck) lets... (robin say its time to tip the scales and looks so cool in my mind but I believe in the path that i have chosen dont look so good out of FE so which crit quote of corrin i use?)

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
what the **** did nintendo do with my beautiful tsubaki

WHERE IS THE T

AND THIS

WHY NINTENDO

MY POOR FELICIA

NOW A WEIRD OLD GROSS LADY
Oh my god. Felicia's voice is so bad that its single-handily making me switch to Team Femui just so I get Jacob as my assistant. :4corrinf:

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I'm hoping to be all Corrin but I may keep using a bit of Lucina on the side. Can't imagine just flat out dropping her after being a Marth main for 3 gens
Yeh, I used marth in the past games, but I just did not feel him this time around. Im spending the following months learning corrin and bayo as well as do pokken practice because I want to do Pokken as well.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm really impressed how much Ballistas are improved
As a balance, it looks like they can't kill, though. Just bring an enemy's health down to 1. Hitting groups is cool, though. Same thing with having a magic equivalent in fire orbs.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but do you not get EXP with those trinkets?
Looking at Gamexplain's video...no, it doesn't seam that you do.

On the other hand, bringing an enemy's health down to one could be a good way to get experience onto your weaker and underleveled characters.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
there's also the Ballistician class, which I'm incredibly tempted to use for my MU.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
For people going why were Syalla/Matoi/Odin/Other characters based on awakening characters's names changed realize that they're anagraming it for those wierd puns.

Like if I was an awakening character returning in fates i'd be Kayi or something.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
For people going why were Syalla/Matoi/Odin/Other characters based on awakening characters's names changed realize that they're anagraming it for those wierd puns.

Like if I was an awakening character returning in fates i'd be Kayi or something.
Ninja Gaius has the benefit that his name can actually be a Japanese name. I've seen Sugai and Usagi thrown around as some of the possible names he could get.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

And I'd be Balthier. :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ninja Gaius has the benefit that his name can actually be a Japanese name. I've seen Sugai and Usagi thrown around as some of the possible names he could get.
If his name is Usagi in English I'll be calling him Sailor Moon all the time.

I also just noticed Éponine is now Nina

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Also gonna be real, nobody should complain at all about Benoit becoming Benny.

There's a very good reason, as far as I can tell he can have marriage supports (and Children) and.....well...if anyone doesn't know about Chris Benoit by now, look it up. I recall someone in this thread mentioning it (I think it was Kotor Kotor ) and I'm inclined to agree.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Also gonna be real, nobody should complain at all about Benoit becoming Benny.

There's a very good reason, as far as I can tell he can have marriage supports (and Children) and.....well...if anyone doesn't know about Chris Benoit by now, look it up. I recall someone in this thread mentioning it (I think it was Kotor Kotor ) and I'm inclined to agree.
I didn't know about that, but yeah I can see that. I'm really not complaining at all though, I like the name Benny a lot.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
And if nah appeared and received the name change formula of cordelia and friends?
Her name became Han?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
And if nah appeared and received the name change formula of cordelia and friends?
Her name became Han?
Nah if she appeared she would have a different name like Severa, Owain and Inigo but still be the same character as she was a child unit in Awakening

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Nah if she appeared she would have a different name like Severa, Owain and Inigo but still be the same character as she was a child unit in Awakening
I know i was only thinking

She would be so happpy because she hate her name (or dislike)

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I'll just copypaste my Chris Benoit comment I made back on Page 30.

Christ Benoit is a touchy subject. He is considered by some to be one of the best wrestlers of his time. 2007 came and things changed forever for the Benoit family and WWE. During his career in the wrestling business, Benoit took a lot of shots to the head (Hit in the head with a chair. Anything you can think of that could give someone a concussion).

On June 22, 2007, Benoit murdered his wife and son before committed suicide two days later. When doctors examined Benoit's brain, it was similar to that of an 85-year old patient with Alzheimers. Chris Benoit is like a double-edge sword when it comes to talking about him. In some circles, he is still remembered for his work in the wrestling business. Others believe it should be void and that Chris Benoit is nothing but a monster for killing his family. It's like you can't talk about one thing without acknowledge the other.

That's why I brought up the possible explanation of why Fire Emblem's Benoit would get a name change. You're still going to find stuff about Chris Benoit when you look up just "Benoit." That name is not unique.

As expected, Benoit got a name change and it was Benny. It kind of comes off as a nickname Charlotte gave him. Also, Benoit's gimmick is that he looks intimidating but is actually a kind person. A name like Benny would certainly throw people off when they see a man that is as menacing looking as FE's Benoit.

You know what would be dark humor? Benoit kept his name but his kid Ignis got his name changed to Daniel.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
One of the eeriest things about the Benoit incident, is the fact that someone on Wikipedia seemed to 'foretell' Nancy Benoit's death a good 12 hours or so before her body was discovered by police. The I.P. address was traced back to Stamford, Connecticut, where WWE HQ is based.

Obviously it was just a coincidence, and it was posted by a completely unaffiliated teenager with a history of vandalizing Wikipedia pages, but still, creepy nonetheless, no?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

Why does this girl remind me of Eponine?

Defualt Kotor Icon.png
"Nina."

I mean Nina?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The Fates official website may have potentially de-confirmed Roy as an Amiibo unit in Fates. Then again, Roy's amiibo isn't out yet. I seriously want Roy to be an Amiibo unit in Fates since he's one of my favorite Lords. Plus, like the other Amiibo units, he'll get his own signature class, skills, and weapon+voice acting compared to his Awakening appearance where he was just silent.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Just chiming in on the "Caeldori:"

While it likely derives from nothing other than Cordelia, if it was be pronounced in Latin, it would sound something like "Kyle-dory." "ae" makes the "eye" sound and the "i" at the end would make the "ee" sound. Cordelia itself derives from the Latin word "cordus," meaning heart. It's interesting to note that "caelum" in Latin is "sky" and Caeldori is a Sky Warrior.

Nah

Smash Champion
Kinda wondering when they're gonna give us an exact release date for :4corrin::4corrinf::4bayonetta:. It's known that it's gonna be in February, and February's kinda comin' up soon. Would be the time to tell us now.....

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Kinda wondering when they're gonna give us an exact release date for :4corrin::4corrinf::4bayonetta:. It's known that it's gonna be in February, and February's kinda comin' up soon. Would be the time to tell us now.....
Yeah, I need my corn crop so I can finally eat and stop starving

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah I can't imagine them being like "lol Corrin and Bayonetta are out now guys"

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Sakurai said he wanted us to play Corrin before we play Fates and i'm half expecting for Sakurai to be like "Corrin and Bayonetta release on February 18th, specifically at 11:59 PM".

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
Sakurai said he wanted us to play Corrin before we play Fates and i'm half expecting for Sakurai to be like "Corrin and Bayonetta release on February 18th, specifically at 11:59 PM".
I'm expecting (read: hoping for) a february 5th release date, with a joint 2nd printing of the special edition preorder for fire emblem fates.
Maybe they'll stop putting out the patch data a couple of weeks before the patch comes out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom