• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I actually don't mind that most lords use swords. Swords are usually seen as the weapon of a hero. In Fire Emblem, this is more supported by the fact that Hector gets access to Swords after promotion (although both of his signature weapons are Axes). Really, the only Lords who don't use swords at all are Ephraim and Micaiah. That being said, i would like to see another Lord who doesn't have swords as his main weapon but its not something i feel that NEEDS to happen. If it happens, great, if it doesn't, that's great too.

Regarding representing different FE weapon types in Smash, the only ones we need to represent are bows and axes. Corrin's Dragon Fang transformations, especially his F-Smash and Dragon Lunge, represent both Lances and Stones. Robin represent Tomes and Marth, Ike, Roy and Lucina represent swords. To represent Axes, we could use Hector and Bows could be represent by Lyn (Lyn gets access to Bows after promotion). As for how they would play in Smash, i feel that Lyn would be similar to Mega Man where most of her attacks revolve around projectiles except her tilts and aerials (she would have her own unique moveset though).

As for Hector, ZephyrYoshi and I share similar thoughts:

Along with also possessing more power but also more start-up lag (referencing how Axes in Fire Emblem have the lowest accuracy but highest power of the physical weapon triangle).

One last thing: If you had to choose one Fire Emblem villain to be in Smash, who would it be? For me, it would either by Zephiel or Lyon.
On Swords- Likewise, I don't mind. I love swords and what they represent. It's just that we've had a few lords who are loved for not using swords and unfortunately Smash doesn't seem to be pulling from older FE games when it comes to representatives. Sure, a retro series like Duck Hunt is fine since that helps rep a series that is past its prime, but current series don't get retro reps in Smash (or we'd see something like Scizor from Pokemon or Midna from TLoZ). The only chance an FE axe/lance/bow/other user has at getting into Smash is as the protagonist of a new FE game.

On Villains- I wanted a Grima's back stage in Smash Wii U and that would have been fantastic. Actually, before we got Robin, I theorized that we could get a Hooded Grima that would avoid assigning a gender to a certain someone.

Hardin would be a cool villain since he'd oppose Marth and he'd be completely different. He'd be a heavyweight lance user that could also use the Darksphere somehow.

Nah

Smash Champion
One last thing: If you had to choose one Fire Emblem villain to be in Smash, who would it be? For me, it would either by Zephiel or Lyon.
Grima.

Or the Black Knight (though there is the Mii outfit for that one)

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
On Swords- Likewise, I don't mind. I love swords and what they represent. It's just that we've had a few lords who are loved for not using swords and unfortunately Smash doesn't seem to be pulling from older FE games when it comes to representatives. Sure, a retro series like Duck Hunt is fine since that helps rep a series that is past its prime, but current series don't get retro reps in Smash (or we'd see something like Scizor from Pokemon or Midna from TLoZ). The only chance an FE axe/lance/bow/other user has at getting into Smash is as the protagonist of a new FE game.

On Villains- I wanted a Grima's back stage in Smash Wii U and that would have been fantastic. Actually, before we got Robin, I theorized that we could get a Hooded Grima that would avoid assigning a gender to a certain someone.

Hardin would be a cool villain since he'd oppose Marth and he'd be completely different. He'd be a heavyweight lance user that could also use the Darksphere somehow.
Yeah, i see what you mean. When it comes to choosing older FE reps though, i think Sakruai would choose someone from FE7 and beyond. I can't see him choosing anyone from the Japan-only FE characters (even though i would like to see Celica. Fire Emblem Gaiden needs more love than just two songs). Roy came back because he was in a Smash game before. Sakurai could potentially choose Hector, Epharim or Micaiah. That being said, there is another problem when it comes to choosing from older FE reps: Relevancy. Relevancy doesn't apply to veterans but for newcomers, unless its a retro character, it does matter. Corrin would've probably lost relevancy by the time Smash 5 comes out and the older Fire Emblem characters have long lost their relevancy. Actually, i take that back. Every Fire Emblem Lord up until Awakening made an appearance in Awakening's DLC. Granted, it was minor but they still got a little bit of relevancy back. Really, the only thing keeping the older FE Lords from being in Smash is either their Japan-only status or the fact that the FE cast changes with each game.

As for your choice of villains, i agree. It would be cool to see Hardin in Smash. They would just have to make two tweaks for him to work though: Find a way to make him jump since that armor looks very heavy and no Darksphere since he would be OP as Darksphere nullifies enemy attacks.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
As for your choice of villains, i agree. It would be cool to see Hardin in Smash. They would just have to make two tweaks for him to work though: Find a way to make him jump since that armor looks very heavy and no Darksphere since he would be OP as Darksphere nullifies enemy attacks.
Knowing Sakurai, the Darksphere would be Hardin's Counter :p

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Knowing Sakurai, the Darksphere would be Hardin's Counter :p
Sakurai: "Hardin's down special is Darksphere. Its a counter move familiar to the fans of the Fire Emblem fighters. One big difference is how it works. If used successfully, Hardin and his opponent will trade damage percentage. Use this wisely."

That would actually be the most broken counter in the game but i wanted to make it so that it wouldn't be "just another counter".

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Sakurai: "Hardin's down special is Darksphere. Its a counter move familiar to the fans of the Fire Emblem fighters. One big difference is how it works. If used successfully, Hardin and his opponent will trade damage percentage. Use this wisely."

That would actually be the most broken counter in the game but i wanted to make it so that it wouldn't be "just another counter".
Maybe to stress his invulnerability, Darksphere would let him perform any action out of his counter (for a few seconds) and he won't flinch/take damage, meaning that he could counter with a grab, Smash Attack, or some other follow-up.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Maybe to stress his invulnerability, Darksphere would let him perform any action out of his counter (for a few seconds) and he won't flinch/take damage, meaning that he could counter with a grab, Smash Attack, or some other follow-up.
That seems more balanced. The downside to this counter would be that it has the shortest counter window out of any counter.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
That seems more balanced. The downside to this counter would be that it has the shortest counter window out of any counter.
Great, now I really want Hardin and I hadn't even thought about him before... and now I understand why everyone wants Hector... mrgrgr...

Last edited:

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Everyone wanting more Lords and Assassins and I'm over here hoping to play as "Brigand with Bronze Axe that is a meat shield for the Brigand with a Bronze Bow".

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, I feel dumb.

I only just now noticed they added frills to F!Corrin's leg armor in Smash.

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
What was everyone's reaction to Corrin getting in?

I was thinking "Sakurai, you've done it now..."
My reaction was initially "Who's this guy? Another FE rep? You know what, I'll be patient and wait and see how he looks before I judge."

one minute later.....

"HOLY HECK IN A HAMSTER BALL HE'S LITERALLY A DRAGON WITH A CHAINSAW"

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Actually, my friend and I who are *huge* Fire Emblem nerds were just like "DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE! ****ING KAMUI/CORRIN!!"

I was really excited, because I'd often thought Corrin being a dragon would be ****ing awesome for Smash but figured the next FE game would happen before Smash 5, so this was awesome. Immediately after the trailer I was hit with "Oh, no...this isn't going to go well."

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
They should have only brought back Owain, Severa and Inigo.
Unsurprisinly, in Japan Gaius, Cordelia and Tharja(haven't memorized their actual names, so just calling them this until then) are actually on the lower half of the popularity polls while Luna, Odin and Lazward are on the higher end(most noticeably is Odin and Lazward are STILL in the top 10 like they were in Awakening)

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Unsurprisinly, in Japan Gaius, Cordelia and Tharja(haven't memorized their actual names, so just calling them this until then) are actually on the lower half of the popularity polls while Luna, Odin and Lazward are on the higher end(most noticeably is Odin and Lazward are STILL in the top 10)
That's cause Owain/Odin is bad ass.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I burst into a giddy laughter the moment the trailer started. I don't know what I expected, but it certainly wasn't another FE character - and the fact that it was the FE character.

Corrin was actually #3 on my wishlist, with #2 being Squirtle and #1 being Ivysaur - I just never mentioned Corrin because I didn't think he had a reasonable chance.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Since i was lagged i first see my friends saying
...why another FE character?
And i was: what? Who is...
Then i see kamui
Me: KAKUUUUIA KAMUUUI KAMUIIKJAHIA KAMUIUIIIIII YATOOOOOOOOOOOOO DRAGOOJNNNNN ARCEUS!!!!!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

My reaction upon seeing Ryouma "What? Why are they showing Fates footage...? Wait, are we getting...?" Come the part where he had to make a choice, it was inevitable "Gosh darn it, Corrin's coming to Smash." I was initially disappointed since I already got my boy Roy back, so I didn't really feel like we needed another Fire Emblem character, but I continued to watch and be amazed. Come Female Corrin being shown off, I was singing along with the FE Fates main theme remix!

All in all, slight disappointment because I felt like we had enough from Fire Emblem for one game, but ended up enjoying their inclusion once I got to see more of Corrin, and especially knowing that they're a dragon Leatherface. (I feel like there was a similar mixed reaction to Leatherface's inclusion in MKX, but once they saw them, the fandom was impressed) Bayonetta's reaction from me was

This was someone who would have loved to have seen someone like K. Rool, Isaac or Inkling, so that's why I was a little bummed initially, but I'm a fan of FE and plan on buying all the DLC, so Corrin's got my support.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
I had toyed with the idea of Corrin in smash before she was announced...I thought it was unrealistic and instead just settled on hoping she or Aqua would be in the next installment if there was going to be one.

Needless to say I was shocked and delighted when she was revealed :v

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I don't care what the haters say, it's a sword fighter who can transform into a dragon and has a chainsaw wrapped around the blade. Fire Emblem 4 life, baby!

I welcome him/her with open arms and all the reasons why I'll be getting Fates when it comes out. :)

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
My immediate reaction to the Corrin reveal was joy and freaking out. I was very excited! After I calmed down, I thought about all my friends who know me as "that Fire Emblem guy" and mockingly call smash 4 "Fire Emblem vs Nintendo." I then texted all of those people spam of Corrin to instigate their rage, and contently relished in their salty responses.

... I can be a bit antagonistic.

D

Deleted member

I was initially salty, then I realized how awesome of a character she looked and I can't wait for February. ONLY A WEEK UNTIL THE FATED MONTH, GUYS.

SubconsciousRose

Smash Cadet

Initially I was in near disbelief that we got another Fire Emblem character after all the endless complaining from so many people. (disappointment/complaining from many was very much inevitable)

Although it ended up being very exciting to me as it was another swordfighter, but with very unique mechanics in Dragon Fang and very stand out moves like Fsmash/Bair/vertically launching Counter/a paralyzer(which only one other character in the game has!) among other cool things.

I still have hopes that this character will prove to be very interesting, at least in regard to being a unique swordfighter because much of the moveset feels very untraditional in a very fascinating way.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

I was watching it with my brother, who is also a big FE fan, and the moment we saw Ryuoma, I had the exact same reaction that I had when I recognized the FF7 music... "No... Nononononononono! No way!" Those were all excited "Nos" and both by brother and I were giddy. It took us a very long time to calm down after that and then I checked my text from the cousin, the non-FE fan...

Attachments

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
As soon I saw Ryouma I start laughing and a friend of mine text me sayings "peoples are gonna be so mad about this" lol
It was a great moment...

And sincerely I never thought of Corrin in Smash, not even for Smash 5, but then it happen and I was really excited, because we're getting a completely new Fire Emblem character with an incredible original moveset.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
When I saw Ryouma, I assumed it was some FE fates advertisement or something.
And since I have trouble paying attention, I didn't notice the "join smash bros" option.

Nah, It wasn't until I saw Corrin say "JOIN SMASH!" That I actually yelled out loud "WHAT!?"

I had an insane grin on my face the entire trailer and kept saying to myself how crazy this is. Man was I happy to see a unique FE character. Love FE so much

Certainly hyped me up for fates lol

Last edited:

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
I'm always holding out hope that Ganondorf's moveset will be given to Black Shadow and he gets totally decloned.
but then everyone would complain about a new clone

Sides, FZERO kinda suffers from the "ITS A RACING GAME" issue that arises with pulling ideas for new characters from it.

Top Bottom