• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
But.... whad happened to Dorcas?

Anyway, I got my Lyn, but now I will spend orbs only on more of her, the other characters don't interest me more than having more Lyns to merge and hopefully, to get one with perfect IVs, whichever those may be (probably something like +SPD or ATK and -DEF or HP).
After my chances to get more Lyns are gone, I will focus on getting perfect IVs Cecilia, Reinhardt and Leo for my All Types Ranged Horses Team™.... I could even inherit some stuff to them.... that's right, I may do that thing I haven't done yet, but only to them three.
Going back to the "father's weapon" thing, I thought I heard Lyn say something about being the bow her father used or something like that in one of the videos Nintendo put on YouTube, I can't guarantee it, though....
Apparently, all CYL heroes will join the standard roster. We -could- get them as 5 stars. But then again... colourless hell.

And about the fathers weapons:
Lynn's bow was sealed, her father couldn't have used it. She just says he was "a good shot with the bow, too!".
And Lucina says the Spear she got from people outside of her own realm.

But still, quite happy, I got all Units with my saved up orbs! I am content. And I see that some of you got quite many good pulls too, congratz you all!

Nah

Smash Champion
Finally went and got my free hero

Had to sit there for a while at the screen and think about it some more, but eventually decided on Lyn over Ike. She's a fairly unique unit, and once I scrounge up some more orbs I'll focus on the males banner to get the Ike and/or good green unit (Hector in this case) that I want.

Did pull a Chrom and Celica in the meantime though. Unfortunately Celica is -Atk/+Res, but eh, might as well still try to use her anyway. Chrom's IV I don't care about, I think I'll just turn him into some Recipricol Aid build for fun.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Seems like almost everyone here got Lyn, myself included. She's just too boss to pass up and I didn't even have to think twice to decide. I'm still hoping I might eventually get Lucina at some point but who knows. I have done a lot of summons recently (I've gotten some new ones too besides the characters from Sacred Stones) and I'm currently saving up my orbs now for the female banner in an attempt to get regular Lyn or Lucina.

Plus I'm also saving some hero feathers so I can promote Est to 5* to complete my team of four 5* Whitewings in my grasp.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I got exceptionally lucky with my Roy summon, he's +spd -def, which is nearly the optimal nature. Wtih +spd he'll have 37 speed by default, plus speed from his A skill, plus speed from horse buffs. That helps guarantee that mine will always double, which is wonderful news. -def isn't quite the best bane, so he'll be a bit more frail, but that's what desperation is for lol. I'll probably keep his default A skill to start since it patches my Roy's -def bane, then swap it out for life and death for truly embracing Roy's glass cannon build when I can get life and death 3 for him. The starting C skill I'll give him is fortify cavalry, since that's the fodder I currently have on tap, but I plan to also give him hone cavalry when I get another Gunter, for added team-building flexibility. With Roy, I now have enough horse units to build 2 complete horse emblem teams lol.

I did one more summon on the CYL banner (feeling a bit of an orb drought atm, since I spent too many on the summer banner lol) and still have my free 5* CYL unit waiting for me, but I will wait until after the September quests drop, so I can pick up more orbs there and hopefully do another summon before deciding on my free CYL unit. Still leaning heavily towards Lyn, since she'd work really well with my Roy; the only thing that would make me choose another unit is if I randomly get Lyn in my next summoning session.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So in Fire Emblem Warriors news, Elise from Fire Emblem Fates is confirmed to be playable in the game! Here's her trailer:

Seems like she uses a mix of tome attacks with some heart-shaped staff-casting use.

With Elise's reveal, I have a feeling Sakura will most likely be joining suit as well (considering that we have the Nohrian and Hoshidan family counterparts for the older brother, younger brother, and older sister at this point). I'm guessing her reveal will be sometime soon.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Meanwhile, i'm still waiting for Azura to be confirmed in Warriors.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I got exceptionally lucky with my Roy summon, he's +spd -def, which is nearly the optimal nature. .
-Spd +res here...

Ah well. I'll just use the few orbs I get day for day, to snipe for another roy. I don't feel like trying for ike, I just got too many great green units already.

And really, elise... I fear that fates might get an far too generous treatment. Not that I dislike elise, but... I'd kinda wanna see more shadow dragon characters.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord

It feels good.

I love Brave Lyn so much.... she is fantastic.... in any kind of team, she is amazing.

Oh, but that one, funnily enough is -ATK +SPD, so....
I checked her IVs just for funs and curiosity, because I had already decided that after all, neutral Lyn is best Lyn.... her SPD and ATK with Mulagir and Swift Sparrow (and SPD Seal) are already so good, even before merging (that monster right there attacks with 44 SPD and 51 ATK)....
Her best bet for a bane would be defense, but that would make it drop four units to a freaking 14 low.... it's.... ridiculously low. Takumi is already a big threat for her as it is, buffing her already incredible ATK and SPD is just not worth dropping her DEF to 14....
Neutral Lyn it is for me.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh yeah, I don't have Lyn myself, but when she shows up to assist me in the voting gauntlet, she just goes in and wrecks things. She's amazing even without horse buffs. I'm in team Lucina though, so it's really rare for Lyn to come help me. Not to mention strange.

As for Warriors, Elise's reveal has rekindled my confidence that we'll be seeing Sakura as well, and it'd be completely crazy if we didn't get Azura. That said...I think after those two, that's all we'll see for Fates characters. That'd make 12 of them which is an awful lot. There's probably not really any room for more random picks after all this, especially if they want to give Shadow Dragon adequate representation. Here's to hoping for a roster of 30+ characters.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
-Spd +res here...

Ah well. I'll just use the few orbs I get day for day, to snipe for another roy. I don't feel like trying for ike, I just got too many great green units already.

And really, elise... I fear that fates might get an far too generous treatment. Not that I dislike elise, but... I'd kinda wanna see more shadow dragon characters.
Sorry to hear. :( Hopefully you get a second one. He probably could still work on horse emblem teams, I got a -spd +HP Spring Camilla once upon a time, and she's part of the core of my flier team lol. Not to mention, after the CYL banner is done, all the focus units are going into the regular summon pools, so there's still a chance of pulling him again later too.

---

I'm in the process of raising my Roy, and he's so much fun to use. Galeforce procs after 3 hits, so if he duels an opponent that he can double and takes a hit, he's activated galeforce and gets to act again. Most hits will put him in desperation range, so if he attacks another unit, he gets his counterattack in before the opponent can attack (and he usually KOs them), or you can use the second turn to retreat and set up for another kill in the next turn. Really fun to play using him. \o/

Astellius

Smash Ace
I really enjoyed that that they gave us a free summon of one of the CYL characters. It should come as no surprise to most who know me, that I chose Lucina! I've been a fan of Lucina for a long time, so she's my natural pick. The artwork is of her as a Grand Lord, and it's absolutely of the highest caliber, in terms of quality.

While I summoned her yesterday, I waited until today to begin leveling her and training her, in order to take advantage of the weekend x2 SP thing. I gave her Fury 3 from my last Hinata, and Reposition from one of the few Selenas I have left. I spent several hours grinding to give her all the SP she needed to master her skills. Here is the result:

Grand Lord Lucina.jpg
She's super fast, with 40 Spd, and grants a boost of 6 Spd to weapon users within two tiles. She's tanky too, with a respectable 33 Def and 41 HP. For ventures that span multiple maps, Aether keeps her well-charged.
--------------------------------------------
I also randomly summoned a 5* Karel. I'm very tempted to give his Wo Dao+ to Fir. Karel is +Spd/-Atk. While I like Karel, Fir was one of my favorite units from Binding Blade.

Finally went and got my free hero

Had to sit there for a while at the screen and think about it some more, but eventually decided on Lyn over Ike. She's a fairly unique unit, and once I scrounge up some more orbs I'll focus on the males banner to get the Ike and/or good green unit (Hector in this case) that I want.

Did pull a Chrom and Celica in the meantime though. Unfortunately Celica is -Atk/+Res, but eh, might as well still try to use her anyway. Chrom's IV I don't care about, I think I'll just turn him into some Recipricol Aid build for fun.
Yeah, I feel you, I also have a -Atk/+Res Celica. Total junk! Completely unusable! Case in point, here's a screen capture from my Celica's screen:

Celica2.jpg

Now, to be fair, a lot of her use was in the latest Tempest Trials. Make that of what you will.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I really enjoyed that that they gave us a free summon of one of the CYL characters. It should come as no surprise to most who know me, that I chose Lucina! I've been a fan of Lucina for a long time, so she's my natural pick. The artwork is of her as a Grand Lord, and it's absolutely of the highest caliber, in terms of quality.

While I summoned her yesterday, I waited until today to begin leveling her and training her, in order to take advantage of the weekend x2 SP thing. I gave her Fury 3 from my last Hinata, and Reposition from one of the few Selenas I have left. I spent several hours grinding to give her all the SP she needed to master her skills. Here is the result:
I was so silly, and gave renewal 3 to her, as I got a +spd/-def one, alongside fury. I never ever regretted a decition more like this, as I waited ages for a 4* fae for my heal-linde...

Otherwise, congratulations! She's insanely good, and is a proud ryoma slayer as of late. I just wish I had desperation...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Regarding the Fire Emblem Echoes original soundtrack that comes out in two months from now, I forgot to mention two things: one, it's actually not just one sticker that the OST comes with. It's actually a set of stickers. Two, the OST comes with a 24-page booklet detailing more development details about the game.

On a different note, here is some more gameplay footage of the newly revealed characters (minus Elise) in Fire Emblem Warriors:

We see several new attacks of interest. First, Hinoka has another musou where she jumps out of her horse while using her Hino-kopter to bring foes into the air, then finishes with a clean slash.

The second is some new attacks from Takumi. The first footage reveals he can create tornadoes with some arrow attacks. We also see footage of an awesome yet interesting new attack: Takumi can slash foes with a wind arrow, turning it into a "wind sword" of sorts.

The last new attack that was shown contains MAJOR story spoilers from Conquest's story.

This is another one of Takumi's musous. Yes, you're eyes do not deceive you. He actually does turn into his Betrayal state for one of his attacks. That was rather surprising to me because I'd thought the game would reference this not by incorporating it into his moveset, but by making Takumi a fightable enemy at some point in the story where one of the antagonists manages to force him to become possessed by some demon, and then you have to fight the possessed Takumi to bring him back to his normal self.

Here, it looks like Takumi can switch into his Betrayal state at will, and then he immediately returns back to his normal self once the attack finishes. It's even worth noting that the Fujin Yumi doesn't transform into the Skadi for the duration of the attack, unlike what happened to the bow in Conquest when it turned into the latter when Takumi turned into his Betrayal state.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Everyone's talking about their units IVs, but given that i'm a F2P-player, i can't worry about IVs. If i get a 5-Star but it's IVs are bad, i have to deal with it because i'll likely never get another version of that character again.

I'm in the process of raising my Roy, and he's so much fun to use. Galeforce procs after 3 hits, so if he duels an opponent that he can double and takes a hit, he's activated galeforce and gets to act again. Most hits will put him in desperation range, so if he attacks another unit, he gets his counterattack in before the opponent can attack (and he usually KOs them), or you can use the second turn to retreat and set up for another kill in the next turn. Really fun to play using him. \o/
Speaking of Roy, he hits insanely hard. Blazing Durandal is marked as a 16 Mt weapon, but since it has Atk 3 built-in, it's essentially a 19 Mt weapon. When it comes to characters that have 5-turn specials such as Lyn, Ryoma, literally anyone with an AoE special, it's usually not that recommended, because it takes so long for it to activate. But because Roy's Blazing Durandal also has Heavy Blade 3 built-in to it, he can activate 5-turn specials such as Galeforce or Astra easily. But honestly, Galeforce is Roy's best special, because while Astra is also amazing, Roy tends to ORKO things a lot.

His abilities aren't as obvious as the rest of the CYL Heroes, so i feel that a lot of people are underestimating him. But CYL Roy is really, really good for the reasons i just mentioned and that's not counting the fact that he can potentially run Death Blow 3, thanks to Blazing Durandal having Atk 3 and Heavy Blade 3 built-in.

The last new attack that was shown contains MAJOR story spoilers from Conquest's story.

This is another one of Takumi's musous. Yes, you're eyes do not deceive you. He actually does turn into his Betrayal state for one of his attacks. That was rather surprising to me because I'd thought the game would reference this not by incorporating it into his moveset, but by making Takumi a fightable enemy at some point in the story where one of the antagonists manages to force him to become possessed by some demon, and then you have to fight the possessed Takumi to bring him back to his normal self.

Here, it looks like Takumi can switch into his Betrayal state at will, and then he immediately returns back to his normal self once the attack finishes. It's even worth noting that the Fujin Yumi doesn't transform into the Skadi for the duration of the attack, unlike what happened to the bow in Conquest when it turned into the latter when Takumi turned into his Betrayal state.
Intelligent Systems: "The characters from Fates are being pulled from the decsion moment of Ch.6.
Also Intelligent Systems: "Takumi in Warriors will spoil the endgame of Conquest".
I don't think the Skadi is related to the Fujin Yumi. I think it's an entirely different bow.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Everyone's talking about their units IVs, but given that i'm a F2P-player, i can't worry about IVs. If i get a 5-Star but it's IVs are bad, i have to deal with it because i'll likely never get another version of that character again.
I can feel you, but... there are rare occasions, where IV's just ruin a character. -Spd can make or break some characters, who rely too heavily on speed. Linde is the best excample, gotten a -spd one, but I just accepted it, and made her a Breath of Life healer.

But Celica... I had a +hp-spd celica, simply too underperforming compared to other red-mages like tharja, months passed until we got another celica banner, and -thankfully- pulled a neutral one, then just... fed distant defense from the worse one to my julia.

It's not impossible to use, but its just hurting alot, when you got an otherwise very powerful unit, being worse than your sanaki in almost every situation.

But yeah. I am dealing with it too! Just in forms about complaining about it, if its the current topic, to show sympathy or relate to others.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I don't think the Skadi is related to the Fujin Yumi. I think it's an entirely different bow.
Skadi's weapon description mentions it (the Skadi) came from the Outrealms, so that would be right to say the Skadi and the Fujin Yumi are two different bows.

Even then, the Skadi's design matches the Fujin Yumi in everything but color and the type of arrow produced, so it makes me wonder if the Rainbow Sage designed the Fujin Yumi using the Skadi as a reference.

Hmmm, come to think of it, that would make a good head cannon.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Kinda off topic (but sorta not), anybody notice how Takumi can summon freaking whirlwinds in warriors? I know it's still a stretch even though it's in official media now, but that kinda proves my assertion that Takumi can create gusts of wind or whirlwinds via the wind energy of Fujin Yumi is more than just the dreams of a desperate fanboy, longing for the day Takumi will join the Smash Bros roster.

That said, the notion that Takumi will one day join the Smash roster is still just the dream of a desperate fanboy. For now...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Kinda off topic (but sorta not), anybody notice how Takumi can summon freaking whirlwinds in warriors? I know it's still a stretch even though it's in official media now, but that kinda proves my assertion that Takumi can create gusts of wind or whirlwinds via the wind energy of Fujin Yumi is more than just the dreams of a desperate fanboy, longing for the day Takumi will join the Smash Bros roster. At the same time, I wouldn't take everything we see as canon - but we can still appreciate it when its cool or makes sense anyway.

That said, the notion that Takumi will one day join the Smash roster is still just the dream of a desperate fanboy. For now...
I think jt's similar to Azura's ability to control water, or Bryhilde's ability to manipulate gravity. They might have these powers, but you never see anything special during combat because they're limited by the actual gameplay mechanics. They could of given Takumi rediculously over the top animations (like with Corn's Dragon Fang), but that would of used up a lot of resources when it's way more efficient to just reuse archer animations. But in a game that prides itself in over-the-top character-specific animations, these weapons and characters finally get their chance to shine.

Speaking of Takumi, I'd love to see an attack where a kinshi drops in for a moment or two. Sure, his canon promotion is sniper, but it'd still be cool to have alternative classes referenced. Bow Sakura with onmyogi magic mixed in, anyone? Leo and Elise with alternative maid/butler costumes?

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Something amazing just happened to me!

I have been trying to get Hector again these past few days since he FINALLY appeared in another banner to give me a second chance. For the first time in a very long while, I've been spending some money a few times just to add some orbs to bring up the total to twenty orbs. From there, I tried to go for all the green orbs, but no matter what, I still didn't pull Hector.

Just now, I decided to go for another summoning in Fire Emblem Heroes after accumulating enough orbs. I noticed a single green orb on the bottom left. I immediately go for it...

I FINALLY PULLED HECTOR!!!!!!

Me right now:

I've been wanting to pull Hector ever since I finally pulled Takumi and Azura back in the beginning of May, where I eventually learned Hector makes a great teammate for Takumi. And now, here he is! It took me THREE MONTHS to finally pull Hector.

Hector may have lost Round 2 of the current Gauntlet, but it looks like he has arrived to join me in the final battle against Camilla! My Hector's stats are 24 HP, 25 Atk, 6 Spd, 11 Def, and 4 Res. Seems like he's +Spd -Atk, which isn't the ideal IVs for him, but I'm still using him anyway. I mean, this is probably the only time I'll ever be lucky enough to pull Hector like this!

Here are the other characters I pulled in that summoning for those that are curious.

And yet another Marth to feed to my 5-star 40+ Marth for more SP.

Anyways, welcome to the team, Hector! I'm yet to play Blazing Sword, but I can already tell what a lovable guy you are just from listening to your dialogue in Heroes (bonus points for being voiced by Patrick Seitz!)

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Just putting this in here.

I am team Lynn, and I am completely fine with the outcome, just... a 7 times multiplier might be a biiiit too much in my opinion.
Still, the system did, what it should have achieved, rewarded smart&dedicated players, with a chance to beat out popular heroes.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440

I am team Lynn, and I am completely fine with the outcome, just... a 7 times multiplier might be a biiiit too much in my opinion.
Still, the system did, what it should have achieved, rewarded smart&dedicated players, with a chance to beat out popular heroes.
I joined Team Camilla because I thought for sure she'd lose, and joining losing teams means you get more bonuses and more points for a higher cumulative score. I had originally planned to join Team Ike after Camilla lost. I saw that 7x bonus and I was like "sweet, that'll give my cumulative score a nice boost!" *dumps 400 flags*

Aaaand then Camilla won...

...oops?

Speaking of Roy, he hits insanely hard. Blazing Durandal is marked as a 16 Mt weapon, but since it has Atk 3 built-in, it's essentially a 19 Mt weapon. When it comes to characters that have 5-turn specials such as Lyn, Ryoma, literally anyone with an AoE special, it's usually not that recommended, because it takes so long for it to activate. But because Roy's Blazing Durandal also has Heavy Blade 3 built-in to it, he can activate 5-turn specials such as Galeforce or Astra easily. But honestly, Galeforce is Roy's best special, because while Astra is also amazing, Roy tends to ORKO things a lot.

His abilities aren't as obvious as the rest of the CYL Heroes, so i feel that a lot of people are underestimating him. But CYL Roy is really, really good for the reasons i just mentioned and that's not counting the fact that he can potentially run Death Blow 3, thanks to Blazing Durandal having Atk 3 and Heavy Blade 3 built-in.
I agree, people don't realize how good Roy is until they try them. I had my Roy set as my team leader during the gauntlet, in the hopes that he'd visit others so they could use him in all his heavy blade + galeforce goodness lol. I've switched back to leading with Reinhardt for this final round, though, because Ike comes with sword breaker by default, and Brave Roy doesn't do well against sword breakers lol. This is the final set on mine, at least for a while:

Steady blow is suprisingly a good choice for him, with 37 speed and 26+4 = 30 defense, he's actually surprisingly bulky when he initiates, which helps during the first attack and lets him set up desperation. Quickened Pulse is also there to help him set up galeforce easier turn 1. He does well against a lot of different types of units, and can even defeat weak blues, which is fun.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Get out of here and go play RIGHT NOW....
I have Blazing Sword downloaded on the shop, and I've been meaning to play it for a while. I just need to beat Sacred Stones first.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Alright, let's look at the Heroes timeline for this and next month.

Looks pretty good, we got some Bound Hero Battles coming in, one of them featuring Ninian and Hawkeye I always knew Hawkeye x Ninian was the true ship, a Mini-Tempest Trial, followed by a main one later on. Moment of Fate is the name of a chapter in Path of Radiance, so it's likely Tellius themed and not Fates themes. Let's see, an update's coming soon and.....wait....what's that

Oh hello there. Makes sense, since Warriors comes out in Japan on September 26th. We get Warriors the 20th of October, which is super dumb, since Super Mario Odyssey comes out six days later. PR for Warriors has been horrendous but hopefully Heroes promotion can help sales a bit.

You guys want a good meme that's incredibly accurate?

For reference, the anime is called Gamers. It's pretty good. Give it a watch.

This is so accurate. That being said, i think the reason why people were asking for multiplies in the first place was due to how one-sided voting Gauntlets were in the past. Aside from the first one, every Gauntlet consisted of nobodies (i don't mean that in a negative way) from lesser known games vs incredibly popular characters from the most popular games.

I'm all for a multiplier but i agree with 7x being too much. Also, notice how the multiplier actually worked this time.

Also, just completely curious, why do you spell Lyn with two "n"s? Is it habit?

I agree, people don't realize how good Roy is until they try them. I had my Roy set as my team leader during the gauntlet, in the hopes that he'd visit others so they could use him in all his heavy blade + galeforce goodness lol. I've switched back to leading with Reinhardt for this final round, though, because Ike comes with sword breaker by default, and Brave Roy doesn't do well against sword breakers lol. This is the final set on mine, at least for a while:

Steady blow is suprisingly a good choice for him, with 37 speed and 26+4 = 30 defense, he's actually surprisingly bulky when he initiates, which helps during the first attack and lets him set up desperation. Quickened Pulse is also there to help him set up galeforce easier turn 1. He does well against a lot of different types of units, and can even defeat weak blues, which is fun.
Man, i wish i had Quickened Pulse. Too bad the first Tempest Trial was garbage. Hopefully, Quickened Pulse comes back, now that Tempest Trials are much better.

Wait, Sacred Stones is avaiable... outside of the ambassador program on e-shop?
Speaking of the ambassador program, let's talk about how Nintendo never put GBA games on the 3DS eShop even though they showed that they totally could.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Also, just completely curious, why do you spell Lyn with two "n"s? Is it habit?
Ah, yeah. Its one of the names I use in games for female characters, so its more of a habit.
Funfact, that name was the reason why I picked up the GBA FE back then, as Lyndis was very similar to it.

Man, i wish i had Quickened Pulse. Too bad the first Tempest Trial was garbage. Hopefully, Quickened Pulse comes back, now that Tempest Trials are much better.
I do hope so too, especially with Brave-Roy being a thing! Finally a non-high investment character, thats rewarding you with one turn galeforce.

Speaking of the ambassador program, let's talk about how Nintendo never put GBA games on the 3DS eShop even though they showed that they totally could.
I heard about problems getting the GBA games to properly work with their software consistantly, which caused only those selected few to be released. Since it would have been too much work. But it's been quite some time since I last checked for 3ds capabilities.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I heard about problems getting the GBA games to properly work with their software consistantly, which caused only those selected few to be released. Since it would have been too much work. But it's been quite some time since I last checked for 3ds capabilities.
I would totally understand at the beginning of the 3DS' lifespan but now that the New 3DS exists, there's no reason why it shouldn't be able to run GBA games properly.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I would totally understand at the beginning of the 3DS' lifespan but now that the New 3DS exists, there's no reason why it shouldn't be able to run GBA games properly.
I agree with there, but who knows... Nintendo being Nintendo.

Just hope the Switch will get its virtual console soon. Really want to have a FE on the go again, and phone emulators are just sub-par, there I just could play heroes instead.

Nah

Smash Champion
Ah, I was hoping that they'd re-do Robin's GHB soon, wanted to get her.

Also....people really think that BH Roy is not good? All 4 CYL characters are great, and it doesn't take a genius to see that lol

I suppose that the issue would be that not everyone has a N3DS and so some people would not be able to play it. There's little reason for people to buy the N3DS really, they probably shouldn't have made it in the first place.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

In all fairness, Voting Gauntlets were kind of a bad idea from the get-go. The multiplier makes the results less boring, but it also kills the point of the popularity contest part. Camilla managed to make a comeback because she was significantly less popular than Lyn - in comparison, never stood a chance because she almost rivaled Lyn in popularity.

They really need to figure out a better system for this.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Also....people really think that BH Roy is not good?
It's not that, it's just that his abilities aren't as obvious. CYL Lyn is a Mounted Archer that counters Distant Counter units. CYL LIke nullifies Calvary and Flier buffs. Lucina can buff any adjacent physical units. Then CYL Roy, at first glance, just looks like a better Eliwood. But then you start to realize that CYL Roy's the only character in the entire game who can run Atk 3, Heavy Blade 3, and another amazing A-Skill at the same time.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I suppose that the issue would be that not everyone has a N3DS and so some people would not be able to play it. There's little reason for people to buy the N3DS really, they probably shouldn't have made it in the first place.
Fair, but personally, I do enjoy the N3ds. It's just super comfy, and doesn't need so many extensions. Like the Amiibo support.
(Very handy when you play Miitopia)

Edit:
Generally, CYL gave the meta what it needed. The counter-Units.
F2P were annoyed at stupid vantage takumi/hectors/ryomas. Were annoyed at DC in general. And so on. IS delivered:

Lynn: She's anti DC and anti Blade-tome, but still frail enough to be killed by any archer in the game, or raven TA user. Baiting her is the only hard aspect, but hey, my Celica can with Distant Defense, so thats that.

Ike: He's anti Brave/Desperation spamm, with an immensive bait potential, as his A-skill is so insanely good, I considered inheriting it to others. Bonfire on 2 charge, thanks to weapon, and getting 2 charges thanks to A-skill? His return attacks almost always kill, it's crazy...

Lucina: She's anti -ploy. She's a female Aura-Ephraim, even only buffing physical units. Put her with Delthea in a team, and you got a legit compeditive infantry team again, it is so nice to see the support rising.

Roy: He's a goddamn agressive red rider. We had no good melee rider in the whole of horse emblem, and he certainly shows, that DC&Blade/Brave weapons aren't needed to have fun. It's honestly a love-letter to us, since he encourages to replace frustrating units like Xander with an fair rush-down type of character.

All in all, the entire banner just wants you to stop spamming the most popular builds, and actively works against it, while boosting a few of the lesser popular types of teams.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Lyn is busted. She has several sets that she'll be able to run, since she can run a brave bow build in addition to her standard build. With brave bow and horse buffs, she should quad hit. She can trade sacae's blessing for desperation herself, especially with horse buffs, or with cancel affinity to defeat potential raven tome counters like male Robin. There's no one unit that can counter all of Lyn's various options, no one unit that can safely bait all her sets; they all lose to at least one of them.

Brave Lyn doesn't just counter the current meta, she breaks it lol.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
In Fire Emblem Warriors news, the newest Famitsu issue has revealed Sakura and Male Corrin will be playable characters!

Sakura is confirmed to be our second Archer in this game (though knowing her class from Fates, she will also likely rely on her staff as well), while Male Corrin is most likely a palette swap of Female Corrin the same way Female Robin is to Male Robin this game.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
In Fire Emblem Warriors news, the newest Famitsu issue has revealed Sakura and Male Corrin will be playable characters!

Sakura is confirmed to be our second Archer in this game (though knowing her class from Fates, she will also likely rely on her staff as well), while Male Corrin is most likely a palette swap of Female Corrin the same way Female Robin is to Male Robin this game.
Now we just need Azura and the main Fates cast will be complete. I heard that Rena Strober (Azura's English VA) slipped up in an interview and may have accidentally confirmed Azura's appearance but this is just a rumor. Only time will tell.

Okay, I got something incredible for you guys:

Also...
Yes, it's fake, but funny as hell.
Good thing it's fake because Sigurd is literally the worst Lord in the entire series and i would rather not have him in the game at all but at the same time, if he's in the game, then i get to have fun killing him, bonus points if i use a character who uses fire, so i suppose i win either way. But seriously, Sigurd is trash and so are both Jugdral games from a gameplay standpoint.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Good thing it's fake because Sigurd is literally the worst Lord in the entire series and i would rather not have him in the game at all but at the same time, if he's in the game, then i get to have fun killing him, bonus points if i use a character who uses fire, so i suppose i win either way. But seriously, Sigurd is trash and so are both Jugdral games from a gameplay standpoint.
How comes? I actually rather enjoyed FE4 myself.
Bonus points if you use the king of Bern, with Bonfire, and Fire Boost 3.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
How comes? I actually rather enjoyed FE4 myself
I found Sigurd to be an incredibly boring protagonist. Sure, he has more flaws than any other Lord in the series but what i really disliked about Sigurd was his personality, or rather, his lack of.

As for my dislike for Jugdral in general, it comes mostly from the gameplay. Story is fine and all but Genealogy of the Holy War has the worst gameplay in the series. Any unit that has a mount, Holy Blood, or the Pursuit Skill is automatically better than units who don't. The Pursuit Skill in particular is really stupid because Pursuit is what lets you double. If you don't have it, then you can't double, even if you have higher speed. It's these three things that cause a massive unit balance problem. FE4 has worst balancing issues than Revelation.

The huge maps made sense story-wise, but slowed down the gameplay to a snail's pace. And even then, a snail would probably be faster. It's just such a massive slog to get from point A to point B in any FE4 map. It's because of this reason that FE4 has the worst map design in the series imo. FE4 Ch.7 is probably the worst designed map in the series. Desert maps are not fun. Here's one that's huge.

Another thing i found really stupid was how trading was removed in favor of the Pawn Shop. For a unit to trade, they would have to go to the castle, sell the weapon at the Pawn Shop, and then have another unit buy it back. It makes the already slow maps even slower.

I also found the Lv.20 requirement for promotion to be an issue for staff users, since staff users have always had issues leveling up. These issues affect infantry units as well. Mounted units will get to the battle faster, so they get more kills. Infantry units get to the battle late, and thus, get less kills, and thus, less EXP.

As for Thracia 776, a lot of it's mechanics just make the game artificially hard. Fatigue, Fog of War (except it's worse in this game than in any other), Dismounting (it's funny because Dismounting was handled better in FE3 but the mechanic itself is still pretty bad), all of Ch.24x, Reinhardt (yeah, Heroes isn't the only game where Reinhardt is overpowered. He's actually considered to be Thracia's hardest boss), and a lot of characters that have recruitment requirements so cryptic, a player going in blind will never recruit them.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
As for Thracia 776, a lot of it's mechanics just make the game artificially hard. Fatigue, Fog of War (except it's worse in this game than in any other), Dismounting (it's funny because Dismounting was handled better in FE3 but the mechanic itself is still pretty bad), all of Ch.24x, Reinhardt (yeah, Heroes isn't the only game where Reinhardt is overpowered. He's actually considered to be Thracia's hardest boss), and a lot of characters that have recruitment requirements so cryptic, a player going in blind will never recruit them.
Tharcia is indeed stupid hard for no reason... but then again, it was snes era, where games where ridicioulous, to prolong their lifespan.

But I see you points and actually have to agree with them alot. Manga-Siegurd was handled far better than his in game counterpart, even if he was a bit hotheaded.
As for the big silly maps, I personally enjoyed the maps, minus the tedius pawnshop & so on.

If Echoes comes along to get us a revival of those two games... I hope they will drastically rebalance it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom