• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
For personal reasons I won't fully go into, I don't have a whole lot of time to just sit down and play in my living room - all of my time has been going into my phone, 3DS and Switch as of lately. I hardly play Smash these days, and I'm secretly dying for a Switch port (although I'm starting to have serious doubts of it at this point). I'll probably be more of a Pokken player until (and if) that port does inevitably come.

Although I did manage to get my hands on a copy of Radiant Dawn for only 60$ (I decided to turn down ARMS for it), and have been surely and slowly making progress through hard mode. I have played a copy of the game before, but it was a rental and I never took the time to play it on hard. So now I have been and it turns out not being able to see you enemy's movement isn't really so horrible. It's still inconvenient at times, but it's made me pay a lot more attention to my enemy's items so I don't get screwed over by a javelin or hand axe. It's actually helped me develop a good habit I was always lagging with, and it's made me a much better player, so I can kind of appreciate that. Even in the FE Heroes arena, I've been more careful to check for skills like Wings of Mercy and Draw Back before I decide to make my move, and I think that RD is partially to thank for that.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
So I'm guessing not many people here still play Smash much anymore?

I really enjoyed SoV, I have been playing Heroes since release (really enjoy this game lol), and I'm kind of luke-warm on Warriors.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
New characters.
Voice acting aside from Ryoma is is like, really off then again it is a Warriors game.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I really enjoyed SoV, I have been playing Heroes since release (really enjoy this game lol), and I'm kind of luke-warm on Warriors.
Have not played Smash since like January. Probably will not be playing it again for a long while because of other games.

Echoes was such a great game. I finished it a little over a month ago including the postgame dungeon (not doing that **** again) and I'm pretty mixed about Warriors especially when it'll only include characters from Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates, which I find it to be pretty lame in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

New characters.
Voice acting aside from Ryoma is is like, really off then again it is a Warriors game.
TAKUMI IS IN FE WARRIORS! YES!!!! I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY TO SEE HIM FINALLY IN THE GAME!!! :D
Ahem... I guess you can tell that I am excited that he's finally in. :p

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
New characters.
*Sees Takumi in Fire Emblem Warriors*

*Heads to Koei Tecmo's headquarters*

And it's official, I am buying Fire Emblem Warriors now! Takumi was the one character I wanted in the game, and now he's confirmed!

It's worth noting that the other Fates characters revealed in this trailer use their voice actors from Fire Emblem Heroes (with the exception of Leo, who was voiced by Max Mittlelman in both Fates and Heroes). Takumi's voice is alright, Camilla's voice is alright, but Hinoka's voice I don't like. I personally think E.G. Daily did a much better job voicing the character than Cindy Robinson, her Heroes and Warriors voice actress.

Speaking of Hinoka, quite surprising she made it in after all considering how most fans thought she had zero chance to be playable in the game.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I got fem Robin for warriors, I already decided that I'll get it.

We still do play smash, it's just... I dunno, more of an... well, secondary priority.

It IS a social thread after all.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Alright folks, here's the gameplay of the new characters announced EXCEPT Leo. If it was up to me, i would've made Leo playable and Takumi a boss because Leo is the better sibling but that's just me.
Voices also sound better in-game than the actual trailer.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I totally expectes Hinoka, considering that Camilla was pretty much a garuntee. Gotta have that Nohr/Hoshido balance.

It's interesting that there was no Elise/Sakura. Their chances of getting in are looking a lot slimmer now, although not completely hopeless. I'm willing to bet money on Azura getting in eventually, though. Maybe Elise and Sakura will be shown then?

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I totally expectes Hinoka, considering that Camilla was pretty much a garuntee. Gotta have that Nohr/Hoshido balance.

It's interesting that there was no Elise/Sakura. Their chances of getting in are looking a lot slimmer now, although not completely hopeless. I'm willing to bet money on Azura getting in eventually, though. Maybe Elise and Sakura will be shown then?
Well, Lissa got in, because she's know to have an war cleric alt.
I am a bit... meh about sakura and elise, as, what would they be? Also, over representation is noooot too nice.

3+1+3 on fates side.
Original 3 + robin + fem&cordelia&potentially another unit? Virion, like heroes maybe?
And then we have... tiki and marth. Wow. Hope for -alot- more shadow dragon charas. Maybe even katarina?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Voices also sound better in-game than the actual trailer.
Lovin' the gameplay on all three of them. Hinoka has a wild playstyle and seems to focus a lot on that Hino-copter move of hers, while Camilla can create quite the explosions.

That Takumi gameplay though!

Yep, he is main material for me right there. He looks incredibly fun to use with the way he fires all those arrows at once, those aerial flips, and even conjuring up wind for his critical! I have to find a gif of that critical animation and add it to my sig!

If it was up to me, i would've made Leo playable and Takumi a boss because Leo is the better sibling but that's just me.
I think there is a possibility Takumi could still show up as a boss, perhaps most fittingly in a way that somewhat references Fates' plot.

Maybe, one of the villains captures Takumi during the story, and that villain will cause Takumi to become possessed by some kind of demonic spirit. Then, you have to fight Takumi to get him out of that mind-controlled state.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, Lissa got in, because she's know to have an war cleric alt.
I am a bit... meh about sakura and elise, as, what would they be? Also, over representation is noooot too nice.
I figured Elise would have magic and Sakura would have a bow, based on their promotions as well. I'm not saying they absolutely should be in, just that they seemed really likely to me before (but not as much now).

As of right now, I'm actually mostly just hoping for a wyvern rider who's not Camilla. I'm thinking Minerva is the most likely canidate for that.

Astellius

Smash Ace
The Hardy Bearing seal from the Tempest Trials is quite nice to use in the Arena. I put it on Reinhardt, which allows him to safely eliminate a Hector with Vantage and a charged Bonfire or Ignis.

I also managed to get my deathless run in Arena Assault done for the week. So many Reinhardts. But, I realized that, if I gave Merric Triangle Adept, he could tank and kill any Reinhardt that comes his way. That's pretty nice. And I hope the Sacred Coins that we get from it are used for something nice. Wonder what it will be?

I still play Smash. It's mostly just that the topic in the thread is usually about the happenings in things related to Fire Emblem, or else other games. It's Heroes pretty often, since that's an ongoing thing. But welcome!

As of right now, I'm actually mostly just hoping for a wyvern rider who's not Camilla. I'm thinking Minerva is the most likely canidate for that.
Please let Minerva be in! I'd be really excited if that happened...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If by any chance they do put Minerva in Warriors, they have to at least put the Whitewings in there too. If that happens (which I hope it does), then that'll be reason enough for me to buy the game.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If by any chance they do put Minerva in Warriors, they have to at least put the Whitewings in there too. If that happens (which I hope it does), then that'll be reason enough for me to buy the game.
Having all three sisters might be a bit much. We've already got Hinoka and Cordelia, and it'd be a crime not to include Caeda as well. Unless they do something wacky like making them fight as a trio, I don't think it'll happen. Maybe they could drop in and pull off a triangle attack for one of Minerva's specials though? This game doesn't seem to be as nonsensical as Hyrule Warriors, though, so it's doubtful.

Minerva is seriously one of the top contenders for Wyvern Riders though. What's the competition? Beruka? I could maybe see Cherche making it in, but there's not a lot of them to choose from and Minerva is by far the most iconic.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Some more gameplay footage of Fire Emblem Warriors featuring the newly revealed Fates royals has been released.

This one shows some gameplay footage of Leo, albeit when he is a boss for the battle.

One of his attacks is a spell that fires multiple lasers at once in a circular fashion, the gif of which can be viewed below:

It also reveals some more moves from Takumi: one involves him creating wind blades by firing multiple arrows at once in all directions, the other involves him creating a "drone" (more like a ball of wind energy) from a single wind arrow that briefly stays still before exploding. Here's a gif of both attacks:

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
The one thing that gets me about Lissa as a war cleric is that that isn't the final class I would give her myself in Awakening lol. I hope she isn't the only axe rep from Awakening, since I'd want Cherche, or one of the other fun axe users from that game. I dunno if Cherche is very likely, though, since Camilla and Minerva exist, and Camilla in particular is already confirmed, but here's to hoping lol.

Of those here that still play smash, do you guys play locally or online primarily?

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Of those here that still play smash, do you guys play locally or online primarily?
Online. There isn't really any local tournaments afaik within a comfortable distance from me, so For Glory and the rare occasional match I can nag out of people is all I got =/

Astellius

Smash Ace
It finally happened....

Summer Corrin Summoned.jpg

She has a pretty good nature too, +Spd/-Atk. I immediately gave her the Blarblade+ from the lucky Odin I got from the free summon on the blade banner, that should more than compensate for the -Atk. I rushed through all of the turn count maps today, and also hit the top reward for the Tempest Trials... and now I'm pretty much out of orbs. Hope nothing comes up that I desperately want!

Minerva is seriously one of the top contenders for Wyvern Riders though. What's the competition? Beruka? I could maybe see Cherche making it in, but there's not a lot of them to choose from and Minerva is by far the most iconic.
Yeah, it would be either Minerva or Cherche, if any were to make it in at all, which I doubt would happen. But, hey, we can dream, right?

The one thing that gets me about Lissa as a war cleric is that that isn't the final class I would give her myself in Awakening lol. I hope she isn't the only axe rep from Awakening, since I'd want Cherche, or one of the other fun axe users from that game. I dunno if Cherche is very likely, though, since Camilla and Minerva exist, and Camilla in particular is already confirmed, but here's to hoping lol.

I mostly just do For Glory.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Minerva is seriously one of the top contenders for Wyvern Riders though. What's the competition?
Her edgy brother Michalis. Michalis does have the villain factor going for him after all. Other than that, aside from Cherche, Minerva doesn't have any competition.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Looks like the Warriors news just keep on coming!

The Famitsu scans featuring the recent Fire Emblem Warriors news have been released. They revealed Hinoka, Camilla, Takumi, and Leo's FE:Warriors arts as well as some new pictures of them from the game:

It's worth noting that Takumi's Warriors art is the only one that isn't a 3D version of his official art compared to the other Fates characters. Instead, his Warriors arts resembles one of his artworks from Fire Emblem Cipher, particularly this card:

Main difference when comparing the two is that his Warriors art is mirrored and features his normal Archer clothing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And it looks like we have more gameplay footage of the newly revealed characters for FE:Warriors. Particular points of interest in this video are more Leo and Camilla gameplay, as well as how Takumi starts his double musou.

Leo shows up starting from 7:03 onward.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
It's worth noting that Takumi's Warriors art is the only one that isn't a 3D version of his official art compared to the other Fates characters.
This is something i want to see more of. Every other character in Warriors just has their artwork be 3D versions of their previous official artworks. It's a bit disappointing and lazy honestly.

D

Deleted member

I stopped playing Smash 4 altogether. It's not very fun in my opinion and it's my least favorite entry in the franchise.

Her edgy brother Michalis. Michalis does have the villain factor going for him after all. Other than that, aside from Cherche, Minerva doesn't have any competition.
It makes me wonder if there will be playable villains in FE Warriors. I remember thinking how cool it was that you could play as Ghirahim and Zant in Hyrule Warriors, so I hope they can do that again here.
I was thinking they would go with Michalis, Gharnef, Camus (not villain per se, but he opposes you), Gangrel, Validar, and Garon. Of course not all of these characters, but at least 3 of them.
Shame that the Blazing games aren't in FE Warriors. Would've been cool to have a playable Nergal and Zephiel.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
It finally happened....

View attachment 132307

She has a pretty good nature too, +Spd/-Atk. I immediately gave her the Blarblade+ from the lucky Odin I got from the free summon on the blade banner, that should more than compensate for the -Atk. I rushed through all of the turn count maps today, and also hit the top reward for the Tempest Trials... and now I'm pretty much out of orbs. Hope nothing comes up that I desperately want!
Ayyyy, congratulations! I am still waiting for a hinoka on my end tho...

And on the smash playing front, mostly with friends, every weekend meeting up.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
I finally got around doing the Infernal difficulty for the GHB. I did a write-up of my strategy on SF, but I thought I'd post it here too.

Since I finished getting all the rewards for TT yesterday, I finally got around to doing Infernal. I did it with Reinhardt, Est, Rebecca, and 4* Olivia. Reinhardt has DB3 & Moonbow, and he's +1; Est (+Spd, -Def) has a Brave Lance+, LnD3, Drag Back, Reposition, & Iceberg; Olivia has a Ruby Sword; and Rebecca has a Brave Bow.

For those interested, this strategy should work with any brave bow user with an Atk of 38. Reinhardt shouldn't need the merge, so long as he's neutral attack or better. You can put the Atk+1 seal on him, if the merge does make a difference. It should also work with any flyer that can take out the lance cav (e.g., Cherche, Camilla, Minerva, so long as they have Drag Back and Reposition). I was using Est, because Est is the best!

For Turn 1, I positioned my crew as seen in the first panel in the picture above. If you're using a different flyer, you may need to swap the positioning of Olivia and the flyer, as sometimes the archer will go left instead of up. We want the archer to go up. You'd need to run Hone Atk on the flier if Reinhardt is neutral attack AND running Moonbow, because he needs it to kill Valter. If he's running Lancebreaker, or has a 3-charge special, or is +Atk, he should be fine.

The middle panel is the start of Turn 2. Est attacks and kills the lance cav, she backs off due to Drag Back, Reinhardt comes down and kills the mage, charging his special. Rebecca shoots down the peg knight, and Olivia dances for Reinhardt. The formation at this point can be seen on the right panel. Reinhardt goes down and kills Valter.

The left panel in the picture above shows the start of Turn 3. Reinhardt goes and kills the knight, Olivia dances. That's the middle panel. Rebecca moves to the square between the rocks, and Reinhardt kills the archer. Est then repositions Reinhardt. The right panel shows how the formation is at the start of Turn 4.

Reinhardt kills the sword cav, Rebecca shoots down the closest peg, Olivia dances for Rebecca. Rebecca shoots down the lance peg, and Est repositions Reinhardt so he can be honed by Olivia. I believe he needed the hone atk to take out the mage cav, but a +Atk Reinhardt wouldn't need it.

The second panel shows the start of turn 5. Reinhardt takes out the mage cav, Olivia comes down and dances for him, and then he runs off to safety on the right side of the screen. Rebecca shoots down the peg on the left side of the screen. The setup is shown at the third panel. Est moves a block left, out of the range of the enemy.

Turn 6 starts, and I have Reinhardt attack the cav, as shown in the last panel. Olivia can now finish the cav off, and Rebecca shoots down the last peg. The lone mage is quickly eliminated the following turn.

If, at the start of turn 5, the axe peg went right instead of down, that's fine. Just leave Rebecca where she is, and have Est move to safety. Rebecca will shoot down a peg, Olivia will dance for her. Reinhardt still attacks the cav, and then Est will finish it off, and Rebecca will eliminate the last peg.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The one thing that gets me about Lissa as a war cleric is that that isn't the final class I would give her myself in Awakening lol.
IIRC, Lissa had horrible attack, which made War Cleric kind of a bad choice for her. But at the same time, they probably went with War Cleric in Warriors because it's way funnier on her, and Lissa can already be a goofy character at times.
Even then, I it would be kind of strange to add Michalis without putting in Minerva as well. I guess I could still see it happening though, and I'd actually be happy with either of the two.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Sakura and Elise have to be in Warriors. This is like a meme at this point but I'll have no regrets cancelling my preorder if they don't put in Sakura and Elise. There's no reason for them not to.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I decided to give another go at the Sacred Stones banner in Fire Emblem Heroes. I was hoping to get Amelia because I keep hearing how great she is in this game, but on my very first pull, I got this instead:

Yep, a 5-star Tana! Her stats are 25 Atk, 10 Spd, 6 Def, and 6 Res. On the one hand, I do need more blue units on my team, so she is a welcome addition in that regard. On the other hand, Tana also has Moonbow, so she makes great inheritance fodder. Decisions decisions...

With my 2nd Kagero, I guess I might as well merge it with the Kagero I already have for some stat gains. This is also my first time pulling Cordelia.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Tana also has Moonbow, so she makes great inheritance fodder.
She has one of the new movement skills, Guidance. If you're going to fodder her off, fodder her for that instead of moonbow, which can come from upgraded 3* units lol. I've seen tons of her on defense teams and I'd recommend experimenting with her as is.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yep, a 5-star Tana! Her stats are 25 Atk, 10 Spd, 6 Def, and 6 Res. On the one hand, I do need more blue units on my team, so she is a welcome addition in that regard. On the other hand, Tana also has Moonbow, so she makes great inheritance fodder. Decisions decisions...
You're joking, right? You're going to get another 3-star or 4-star with moonbow eventually. If Tana doesn't gain availability after the SS banner ends, you might never get her again.

And even then, Moonbow isn't gamebreakingly good or anything. Yeah, it's short cooldown is really good, but the 3-turn-countdown skills can be just as good in the right situations.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
You're joking, right? You're going to get another 3-star or 4-star with moonbow eventually. If Tana doesn't gain availability after the SS banner ends, you might never get her again.

And even then, Moonbow isn't gamebreakingly good or anything. Yeah, it's short cooldown is really good, but the 3-turn-countdown skills can be just as good in the right situations.
Moonbow is not a skill worth sacking a 5* character for. But, sure, throw away great characters...
Don't worry, I've now decided to keep Tana. It's all good.

D

Deleted member

Moonbow is not a skill worth sacking a 5* character for. But, sure, throw away great characters...
I agree with this. Moonbow is a great special, but it's easily accessible on 4 star units like Odin and Palla.

Speaking of Tana though, I did get her... but her -Attack/+Defense IV broke my heart. So, I might sac her for Guidance on Cordelia.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The best part about Moonbow is slapping a Killer/Slayer Axe on to it. 1 turn cooldown for Moonbow, essentially activating it every other attack.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I agree with this. Moonbow is a great special, but it's easily accessible on 4 star units like Odin and Palla.

Speaking of Tana though, I did get her... but her -Attack/+Defense IV broke my heart. So, I might sac her for Guidance on Cordelia.
+Defense could probably still work, thanks to Vidifnir. Tank an attack with Vidofnir, then warp in a nuke with guidance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom