• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Astellius

Smash Ace
Thanks to Summer Corrin joining my ranks, I was finally able to assemble teams that could finish the nightmarish Ch. 11+12 Chain Challenge. It was the only one I couldn't beat, at least until now, due to the dreadful terrain. The Fear Mountain map is especially bad if you're not fielding flyers, because they split up your team, and the enemies are likely to overwhelm you pretty easily.

But, with the addition of Summer Corrin, I could run a nice Flyer Emblem set of her, Cherche, and Est, along with Maria as a staffbot. With a LOT of trial and error, I figured out how to get through all of the Ch. 11 maps and 2 of the Ch. 12 maps. Then I switched to Horse Emblem, ft. Xander, Cecilia, Reinhardt, and Azura. They were able to make it to the last map, and soften up the enemies, whereupon Nino, Sanaki, Lukas, and Clarine finished them off. Whew!

Speaking of Tana though, I did get her... but her -Attack/+Defense IV broke my heart. So, I might sac her for Guidance on Cordelia.
Even with a nature like that,Tana still seems like she'd be really good. Her legendary weapon should make up for the -Atk nature, she'd have a respectable 47 Atk prior to any passive skills. Moreover, she'd be quite a tanky flier with that nature, with an effective 36 Def when she's attacked close quarters (or 38 if you're using her native Spd Def +2). That should be more than sufficient to tank pretty much all swords and lances, and probably a couple axes as well. She'd do really well with a Fury+Desperation build.

Edit:
The best part about Moonbow is slapping a Killer/Slayer Axe on to it. 1 turn cooldown for Moonbow, essentially activating it every other attack.
Add on Quickened Pulse and they start with Moonbow charged! I sometimes do that with my Catria.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Ok, so, so, here is something cool, I have a million different 3 and 4 stars Kamuis now and enough feathers to bring some to 5* and eventually create a 40+10 goddess, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet because out of all those Kamuis I still haven't got one with IVs good enough to justify all the expenses....
Oh, but, but, look, one month ago I have never gone past tier 14 I guess, but things are looking crispy now....

Can't wait for the next seasons to use some guys I don't even have as bonus characters, so I can go back to being a tier 12 scrub:yeahboi:
I also have two Summer Kamuis, but if I can't get a third one with pretty good IVs (IS intentionally make the good IVs characters the most hard to get, right?), that one will be getting the other for dinner.... ya know, just FEH things.

And I haven't played Smash 4 since I got Pokkén some weeks ago....
Yes, I got Pokkén for Wii U now, because yes, I have been eyeing the game since it's original reveal, and yes, I only got it now because yes, Brazil is big monkey we all live in the trees and don't have money for games, so yes I am not getting Switch anytime soon because of that so Pokkén for Wii U it is and yes, I am dead set on completing my desired Wii U library before even thinking about Switch.... and I think I only need Fatal Frame V and Bayonetta 1&2 now to have such library.... I wanted Splatoon and Mario Maker too, but I guess it is a bit late for those now + I am not starving for them like I was for Pokkén....
Also, Pokkén finally got an ass needed price drop, so I finally got a chance to kick arses and take names with Charizard because yes, he is the best starter fite me.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Can't wait for the next seasons to use some guys I don't even have as bonus characters, so I can go back to being a tier 12 scrub
The 3 starter Askr units, Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna are always on the rotation for arena bonus units, and if you at least bring them up to 4*, they're great units to use as arena bonus units. I actually raised all 3 of mine to 5* with no regrets. They're all useful. My Alfonse is about to become more useful, since I just got an Abel and fed him Swordbreaker 3 for his B slot. That helps with keeping me bouncing between tier 18 and tier 19. I can post screenshots of my builds for them if you'd like to see, for an idea of how to make them work effectively.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The Fire Emblem Heroes broadcast regarding the Choose Your Legends event has ended. Some new information has been revealed:

1) The next Voting Gauntlet starts this Thursday, and it focuses on the top 4 males and females from the poll. In other words, the contestants are Ike, Roy, Hector, and Chrom for the males, while Lyn, Lucina, Tharja, and Camilla are the contestants for the females.

2) A new banner will be starting around the same time featuring the top 2 males and females from the Choose Your Legends poll. As promised, they each wear new clothing to commemorate their victories in that popularity poll. The characters that are getting this treatment are Ike, Roy, Lyn, and Lucina. Here are each of the new designs:

They all feature new weapons that they don't normally hold. Of particular interest, Lyn is our first Bow Knight in Heroes, and she as a skill that negates Hector's Distant Counter. Ike is basically dressed in his father's clothing.

3) Now for the best part: On your first summon, you get to choose which of the four you get to summon for free! That's awesome! I'm leaning between Lyn or Ike regarding which of the four I want to pick. I mainly want Lyn for her usefulness as a unit, while Ike seems like a pretty cool pick just from his design alone.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Intelligent Systems is really gonna make me choose, huh? Well, Lyn being the first Bow Knight is amazing but Roy is my second favorite Lord in the series. I don't have Roy yet. So my free CYL 5-Star will be Roy. Best part about this whole thing is that, after we get to pick our free unit, we get a free first summon on top of that as well.

As for the Gauntlet, i'm voting for our boy Roy.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Honestly... no contest here.

Roy is my boy for the gauntlet. But for the Summon:
I'd pick Lynn as my first unit, since honestly... getting her with an bad IV is likely worse than with other characters, AND we have still the most important thing:

Picking Lynn, means we do not have to roll in the colourless hell for further characters.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
3) Now for the best part: On your first summon, you get to choose which of the four you get to summon for free! That's awesome! I'm leaning between Lyn or Ike regarding which of the four I want to pick. I mainly want Lyn for her usefulness as a unit, while Ike seems like a pretty cool pick just from his design alone.
wait wait wait really

I can go "I want X banner character" and it'll actually give me that character, no RNG?

I would ask if I'm just having a drunken hallucination rn but it's too early in the day for that to be possible

now I just have to decide on which one....

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
wait wait wait really

I can go "I want X banner character" and it'll actually give me that character, no RNG?

I would ask if I'm just having a drunken hallucination rn but it's too early in the day for that to be possible

now I just have to decide on which one....
Only for the CYL banner tho.

And I think it doesn't even use up your free summon? Am unsure about this.

D

Deleted member

I'm going for Lyn!
I feel like she will be the best choice because she is the first mounted archer and choosing her means you don't have to go through colorless hell.
I was going to go for her for these reasons, and I like Lyn as a character.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Looks like we have more FE news:

The Fire Emblem Echoes original soundtrack has just been announced, and it will be releasing on October 25 in Japan.

The soundtrack includes the Echoes OST, the original 8-bit version of each song, amiibo themes, the English version of the ending theme, and the songs used in several Cipher trailers.

As for the extra goodies, it comes with 5 poster cards of Alm & Celica (one of which is new official artwork of the two, as shown in the tweet), 1 sticker, 1 Cipher promo card, and a small, miniaturized book case.

I bought the Fates OST a while back and greatly enjoyed it. Hopefully, if my wallet permits, I might get the Echoes OST as well because of the many amazing tracks from that game.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Picking Lynn, means we do not have to roll in the colourless hell for further characters.
I feel like she will be the best choice because she is the first mounted archer and choosing her means you don't have to go through colorless hell.
Yeah, mostly everyone's picking Lyn for (primarily) these reasons. I would be too but i've got a massive Roy bias.

And I think it doesn't even use up your free summon? Am unsure about this.
I don't think it does. They advertised the free first summon, and then they advertised the free choice.

The bigger question is, will these characters get added to the Summon pool after the banner ends? They never did specify an end date.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I went summoning thinking the CYL guaranteed heroes was today LMAO

I misses the live stream last night but I eventually figured out it's not until Aug 31st.

On the other hand I got a Tharja (+HP/-SPD). Not the ideal iv but Tharja is chill.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Heads up - Brave Bow Lyns will likely be running rampant in the arena. Assuming neutral IVs, she has 33 attack and 35 speed. Get your raven tomes and bowbreakers ready.

I'm definetly getting Lucina though. Her art is fantastic, and that's most of what I care about.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
A free one of our choice? That's amazing! Everyone looks great. I want Lucina the most, so I'll probably go with her. But I really do also want Lyn, her being a bow knight should be especially good. Also, I don't have any version of Lyn yet, but I do have the Masked Marth one of Lucina... Ah, I'll probably do Lucina and leave Lyn to chance.

I also like that the artist for the GBA FEs did Roy, the artist for the Tellius games did Ike, and the one for the 3DS games did Lucina. Lyn is the odd one out there, but she looks really good, so that's fine. Roy especially needed some nicer art, since I think he looks too young in his regular portrait in Heroes.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I really can't decide between either Lyn or Lucina because they both look amazing and I like them for who they are as characters. Guess I'll just let fate do all the talking.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Heads up - Brave Bow Lyns will likely be running rampant in the arena. Assuming neutral IVs, she has 33 attack and 35 speed. Get your raven tomes and bowbreakers ready.

I'm definetly getting Lyn though. Her art is fantastic, and that's most of what I care about.
I think generally Triangle Adept Character get popular again.

My Lillina suddenly seems faaaaar more viable, considering how she can oneshot the two most dangerous CYL heroes.
But I'm more interested in making our boy viable. I will choose lynn to have her, but I -so- will roll for roy. I mean...

Friendship with Eldigan ended. Roy is new best Friend. - the meme.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Roy is the unit I'd be most upset if I didn't get, so he'll be my free summon. Hoping I'll still get the others, but if I don't, c'est la vie.

D

Deleted member

I think generally Triangle Adept Character get popular again.
Well, hopefully the Lyns in Arena won't run Cancel Affinity to mess with Triangle Adept male Robin, or any TA Raven tome users. I don't see CA too much in Arena; it's mainly reserved for whales.
Though, I think she is going to be very helpful for Horse Emblem teams. Now they have a colorless option that isn't Wrathful Staff Elise.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
You guys who prefer other characters stay away from my Lyn, only I can pick her for free! :mad:
Ok, jk.

But I couldn't help but notice that 3 out of the 4 Heroes are using their fathers' weapons.... but what about Lucina's lance?
The 3 starter Askr units, Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna are always on the rotation for arena bonus units
I.... never noticed that. I guess I will have to spend feather on Sharena then. Thanks for the tip.

Oh, btw, what sneak sneaky sneakers they are....

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, hopefully the Lyns in Arena won't run Cancel Affinity to mess with Triangle Adept male Robin, or any TA Raven tome users. I don't see CA too much in Arena; it's mainly reserved for whales.
Though, I think she is going to be very helpful for Horse Emblem teams. Now they have a colorless option that isn't Wrathful Staff Elise.
I imagine most of them won't, since it competes with her exclusive Sacae's Blessing. Being able to ignore distant counter is huge.
But I couldn't help but notice that 3 out of the 4 Heroes are using their fathers' weapons.... but what about Lucina's lance?
Well, Lucy already uses her father's weapon. I guess they could of made it the Exalted Falchion, but at the same time, Roy already has swords covered, so I guess they decided to make up something new. It looks like of like one of the Askr weapons.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
I'm still trying to decide between Ike and Lyn. Would've considered Lucina if it wasn't for the fact that I'm really not in need of good blue units at the moment, really need more good reds and greens and even colorless units. Would really like to roll a regular Lucina or an Ike or a Hector in the accompanying banners, but we'll see what happens.....RNG is more likely to troll me and give me Tharjas and Camillas and Roys that I don't want instead.

It's likely a weapon made specifically for this, given that in Awakening she inherits Falchion from Chrom after his death in the future--the original version of her was already using her father's weapon, unlike the other 3.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Actually, it's only two of the four Heroes. Mulagir isn't wielded by Lyn's father. In fact, we never see Lyn's father at all. Mulagir is still important to Lyn because it is known as the Bow of Sacae, used by Hanon during the Scouring. However, it is never stated that Lyn's father used Mulagir, and he couldn't have, because the seal placed on Mulagir wouldn't be lifted until near the end of Blazing Blade. Even then, Lyn herself never used Mulagir, instead using the Sol Katii, which isn't related to the Legendary Weapons of Elibe at all.

Now, what is true is that three of the four Heroes are using weapons that already existed. Lucina's lance is entirely new.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Roy is a unit I want more of lol. I want to make a 5*+10 Roy, but I've only gotten 2 since release. I'm glad I have him at least, he's fun to use.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I just realized that CYL Roy is a reference to one of his Cipher cards

There he is, wielding Durandal.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I know I said Lucina has the best art (well, I said Lyn did on acident, but I fixed it), but Roy's has really grown on me. I'm still picking Lucy, but dang, Roy's special trigger might just be the best one in the entire game. I really hope I end up rolling him tomorrow.

Astellius

Smash Ace
The hype for the CYL release is real...! In order to distract me, I decided to do some promotions, since I was sitting on a bunch of feathers and needed to clear out some room in my barracks for CYL summoning.

I decided to finally promote Palla rather than wait for a better nature. IIRC, she's +HP/-Def, which is decent. With her fully promoted and trained, the Whitewings may fly together in full 5* glory!

The Whitewings.jpg

Aren't they beautiful? They're finally all together in full strength! Est required the most investment (I sacrificed a 5* Hinoka to give her Brave Lance+ and Hone Fliers, along with a 5* Hana for Life and Death 3; Hit & Run is an uncommon skill too). I also gave Palla Rally Def/Res from a spare Rody, which means she's pretty useful to enhance blade tomes, such as Summer Robin's. Also, with a seal that gives +HP, she reaches 48 HP, which is pretty nice!

Additionally, I decided that I wanted to finally upgrade what was my current 5* Tiki to a better nature. She was +Res/-Def, so I promoted a +Def/-Res nature, and here's how she came out:

Tiki.jpg

Decided on Def +3 in her A-Slot along with the Squad Ace B1 which brings her Def stat to... 43! My Hector, in contrast, only has 37 Def. Plus, she has no fear of -breaker skills. If brave bow Lyns become common, I might stick a bowbreaker on Tiki, and she'd be a really nice anti-Lyn.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I got Roy first try out of the regular summon pool, so I can use my free 100% chance summon on Lyn. I'll save that one for a little while, though, at least for 1 more summon session, and see who else I can get from the CYL banner. Haven't checked his boon and bane yet, will do so after the hype wears off lol.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I spent 35 orbs and got no 5-stars. That's okay with me, though, since I was still able to get Lucy free. I gave her Brash Assault since it synergizes well with Sturdy Blow and Sol/Aether.

I also gave that Quick Battle game a try. It's actually pretty easy, although I haven't tried it on Infernal yet.

D

Deleted member

I used my free summon to get Lyn!
I didn't do anything special yet other than give her Hone Calvary and Reposition. I'll eventually give her a Brave Bow, but I don't have any fodder for that.
Speaking of Quick Hero Battles, something was datamined from the website...
The Black Knight and Nephenee are going to be in Heroes!
I assume that the next banner will be a Radiant Dawn one and the next Grand Hero Battle is the Black Knight. Nephenee would be a unit you get from Tempest Trials is what I'm assuming.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Can we all talk about how CYL Roy's the only one in the game who can run Atk 3, Heavy Blade 3, and any other amazing A-Slot Skill (such as Death Blow 3 at the same time? Blazing Durandal's just too good of a weapon.

Speaking of Quick Hero Battles, something was datamined from the website...
The Black Knight and Nephenee are going to be in Heroes!
I assume that the next banner will be a Radiant Dawn one and the next Grand Hero Battle is the Black Knight. Nephenee would be a unit you get from Tempest Trials is what I'm assuming.
Can't wait for the Black Knight to be a better Zephiel. I mean, Alondite is gonna have Distant Counter built in to it, isn't it?

D

Deleted member

Can't wait for the Black Knight to be a better Zephiel. I mean, Alondite is gonna have Distant Counter built in to it, isn't it?
I hope that he has a weapon with built-in Distant Counter.
Zephiel isn't bad at all, but he requires a lot of investment and even sacrificing a Hector to make him at his best. If the Black Knight has a weapon with DC in it, it would make making Armor Emblem teams easier to make.
EDIT: Unfortunately though, the only character from the last banner to get demoted was Seth. I thought Amelia would also get demoted, but I guess not... her extremely useful slot C skill is locked to her at 5 stars only. That skill is really useful for Armor Emblem.

Last edited by a moderator:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I hope that he has a weapon with built-in Distant Counter.
Zephiel isn't bad at all, but he requires a lot of investment and even sacrificing a Hector to make him at his best. If the Black Knight has a weapon with DC in it, it would make making Armor Emblem teams easier to make.
EDIT: Unfortunately though, the only character from the last banner to get demoted was Seth. I thought Amelia would also get demoted, but I guess not... her extremely useful slot C skill is locked to her at 5 stars only. That skill is really useful for Armor Emblem.
Do we know if the brave heroes will be added yet?
I'd be even okay if its a seasonal banner... just would love the option to roll for them again.

Got Lynn free, and who greeted me with my free summon?
Eliw-... Our boy, Roy!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I rolled to get Ike and Lucina, but I ended up with a 5 star Fae and Raven. So I essentially got Renewal and Brave Axe fodder!
I'd be even okay if its a seasonal banner... just would love the option to roll for them again.

Got Lynn free, and who greeted me with my free summon?
Eliw-... Our boy, Roy!
That is something that I don't know because that wasn't specified. I hope they will be in the regular pool of Heroes, but I doubt they will be Focus units ever again.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Whelp, Zephiel served me well as an awesome sidekick to Amelia during the Tempest Trials, but I guess his time to hit the bench is coming soon. His sword's built in Threaten Defense is actually awesome, but it'll be hard to compete with Sword Hector Alondite. Oh well, Zeph might still be better Amelia support just for that unique sword, while B.Knight might be better as a standalone with pivot, but we'll see.

I'll be really disappointed if they don't add Eclipse into the game. But then again, they haven't added any new specials since release, have they? I guess that poor Black Knight will have to be stuck with Luna.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
That is something that I don't know because that wasn't specified. I hope they will be in the regular pool of Heroes, but I doubt they will be Focus units ever again.
On the notifications page, where it tells you the details of the CYL banner (such as how long it lasts, etc), it says near the bottom that after the banner ends, you'll still be able to summon them.

That being said, i'm pretty sure these guys will remain 5-Star exclusive.
I'll be really disappointed if they don't add Eclipse into the game. But then again, they haven't added any new specials since releade, have they? I guess that poor Black Knight will have to be stuck with Luna.
Yeah, no new specials have been added since release. Kinda disapointing, actually. Especially for GHB units. Most of them need inheritince to get a special, and if they do come with a special, it's usually an AoE special, and the AoE specials are terrible.

Nah

Smash Champion
ooh, Black Knight hopefully coming soon!

that's a must have for me

now they just need to add Nah to the game lol

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
ooh, Black Knight hopefully coming soon!

that's a must have for me

now they just need to add Nah to the game lol
Well, they -did- talked about supports in the interview&the datamining hints at it too. Who knows?

Maybe we get a friend-list interaction, or get just lord-interactions, or they will be added with bond hero battles piece by piece?

Who truly knows~

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
But.... whad happened to Dorcas?

Anyway, I got my Lyn, but now I will spend orbs only on more of her, the other characters don't interest me more than having more Lyns to merge and hopefully, to get one with perfect IVs, whichever those may be (probably something like +SPD or ATK and -DEF or HP).
After my chances to get more Lyns are gone, I will focus on getting perfect IVs Cecilia, Reinhardt and Leo for my All Types Ranged Horses Team™.... I could even inherit some stuff to them.... that's right, I may do that thing I haven't done yet, but only to them three.
Going back to the "father's weapon" thing, I thought I heard Lyn say something about being the bow her father used or something like that in one of the videos Nintendo put on YouTube, I can't guarantee it, though....

Last edited:
Top Bottom