• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Manga-Siegurd was handled far better than his in game counterpart, even if he was a bit hotheaded.
Oh definitely. The FE4 Manga is probably the best version of FE4's story. In general, the FE mangas tell the stories better than the actual games.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I had forgotten about the free summons for the two most recent banners, so I did them today. On one, I got a 3* adult Tiki, which will eventually be promoted and fed to my current Tiki. But, on the other one, I randomly got...
Eirika Summon.jpg

Yes!!! I had really been wanting her, but she had never came to me before. Her artwork is among my favorites out of all the different ones they did for Heroes. Everything is just so well done. Her nature isn't too bad either, it's +Spd/-Atk. The -Atk is kinda bad, but it's less important because she's a great support unit, and she's also really fast with the +Spd nature. I also had a spare Rody lying around, so I was able to give her Rally Def/Res. Now she can buff all the stats without using the Fortify Res seal!

So there was that. Then I went to try to summon Brave Lyn. My pity percent was at about 3.5 or 3.75, I forget. I went in, and no colorless. I decided that I'd try to go red, because I'd like Roy too. But, instead of Roy, I got a 5* Lilina. That's a pretty interesting coincidence! Although I really like Lilina, she's not the one I wanted there... +Res/-HP, so not a bad nature.

I'm still hoping I get a Brave Lyn. But I still think I've been having some pretty good luck there!

It's not that, it's just that his abilities aren't as obvious. CYL Lyn is a Mounted Archer that counters Distant Counter units. CYL LIke nullifies Calvary and Flier buffs. Lucina can buff any adjacent physical units. Then CYL Roy, at first glance, just looks like a better Eliwood. But then you start to realize that CYL Roy's the only character in the entire game who can run Atk 3, Heavy Blade 3, and another amazing A-Skill at the same time.
He's also mounted, so he can partake of the awesome cavalry buffs.

Also, with Lucina, it's not just adjacent allies, it's within 2 squares. So it's +3 Atk and +6 Spd for any weapon users within two squares, which will stack with any hone buffs because it's a Spur/Goad style. Plus, she's very strong and very fast.

Lyn is busted. She has several sets that she'll be able to run, since she can run a brave bow build in addition to her standard build. With brave bow and horse buffs, she should quad hit. She can trade sacae's blessing for desperation herself, especially with horse buffs, or with cancel affinity to defeat potential raven tome counters like male Robin. There's no one unit that can counter all of Lyn's various options, no one unit that can safely bait all her sets; they all lose to at least one of them.

Brave Lyn doesn't just counter the current meta, she breaks it lol.
I mentioned this before, but I'll mention it again: adult Tiki is a very good counter to Lyn. If Tiki has Bowbreaker, she can easily serve as bait. A Brave Lyn+10 with a Brave Bow+ with a +Atk nature with Death Blow 3 with a Hone Cavalry buff has difficulty killing an adult Tiki+0 with a Def boon and appropriate A-passives and Bowbreaker.

Tiki is just awesome, but now she gets to shine.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Alright, so Heroes has just implemented a Support system. Two actually. The first is between you and a character. The other is between two character. Each Support can only have one pair at at a time and changing the pair will reset the rank.

My question is, what will be your Supports? For my Summoner Support, i'll be supporting Katarina because she's FE12 waifu. Once i get Azura in like 10 years, i'll switch my Summoner Support over to her because she's the best FE waifu. Once i actually start taking this seriously, i'll probably Summoner Support Brave!Roy.

As for my Ally Support, i'll be supporting Brave!Roy and Alm, my two favorite Lords.

And i just checked my Katarina's status page to see her stats and the background changed to the Bridal Blessings background. Yeah, this feature is just IS' excuse to implement shipping into Heroes, isn't it?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My question is, what will be your Supports? For my Summoner Support, i'll be supporting Katarina because she's FE12 waifu. Once i get Azura in like 10 years, i'll switch my Summoner Support over to her because she's the best FE waifu. Once i actually start taking this seriously, i'll probably Summoner Support Brave!Roy.
I'll be supporting with Takumi first, as I assume that you can reach S-Support with multiple units.
Once I reach S-Support with him, I'll move onto other units like Celica, Ryoma, Reinhardt, and more.

Well I just read that if you change your ally, the support resets, which I find to be incredibly dumb. I'll stick with Takumi for now, but I think I will change to Ryoma at some point to give him more survivability.

Last edited by a moderator:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Well I just read that if you change your ally, the support resets, which I find to be incredibly dumb.
To be fair, being able to keep Support ranks means that someone could have S-Support Reinhartds, Brave!Lyns, Hectors, and other OP units at the same time. It would throw balance all out of order.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Alright, so Heroes has just implemented a Support system. Two actually. The first is between you and a character. The other is between two character. Each Support can only have one pair at at a time and changing the pair will reset the rank.

As for my Ally Support, i'll be supporting Brave!Roy and Alm, my two favorite Lords.

And i just checked my Katarina's status page to see her stats and the background changed to the Bridal Blessings background. Yeah, this feature is just IS' excuse to implement shipping into Heroes, isn't it?
Hands off my Katarina! If I'd HAD one...

I just chose Summer Robin for now, as she's my most used unit, and honestly, I do just love robin in general. I'd choose her green mage variant, or even built her like my M!Robin, if... if her art weren't so darn bad.

But hey, atleast I got an S! Support between Robin and Robin. The true best ship.

Also I made Zephiel and Hector best buddies. Am I a bad man for that...?

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Also I made Zephiel and Hector best buddies. Am I a bad man for that...?
Tbh, i would've done that too, if i had a Hector.

Zephiel is so evil, he becomes friends with Hector.....after he kills him.

Aaaaaand i just realized something. Ally Supports grant boosts when the units are next to each other. Owl Tomes grant boosts when units are next to each other. Stack the two together and......i think we just found a new meta, even if it'd still be a bit situational.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Aaaaaand i just realized something. Ally Supports grant boosts when the units are next to each other. Owl Tomes grant boosts when units are next to each other. Stack the two together and......i think we just found a new meta, even if it'd still be a bit situational.
Best thing about the supports:

It seems to -only- work for the players. Not for enemy AI.

So, no fear of ridicioulous boosted Reinhardts/Lynn's in the Arena.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I couldn't decide on a summoner support, so I just supported Masked Marth. She's going to have some crazy offensive stats when she's fully supported. Other characters I considered where Ninian, Leo, Brave Lucina, and Berkut.

I haven't decided everyone's support partners, but right now I have Xander + Olwen, Amelia + Zephiel, Fae + Ninian, and Masked Marth + Brave Lucy.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, being able to keep Support ranks means that someone could have S-Support Reinhartds, Brave!Lyns, Hectors, and other OP units at the same time. It would throw balance all out of order.
The way I would balance it is that you can S-Support multiple units, but only one unit at a time can get the support boost.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
My support unit is Brave Roy. Easy choice lol. His ally support is Reinhardt, since I use them together on arena. I also paired off nearly every unit I have, though I only use a fraction of them lol. Way I see it, I'll slowly refine the pairings until I get a set of pairings that feel optimal for my barracks.

I'm interested that the summoner now has a chibi sprite, I think that's pretty cool. The way they swing their weapon around during the B support is hilarious lol.

As for the person supporting Zephiel with Hector...
...I supported Zephiel with Amelia lmao.

Lastly, got another summon in today, with excellent luck. I got a second Roy, +def -res, so I merged him with my primary brave Roy. In that same circle, I also got brave Ike, +atk -HP, so that's 3 out of the 4 possible CYL units so far for me. Once I get either Lucina or Lyn, I can pick the other on the free summon, and have a full set of them.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The Black Knight and Nephenee's Heroes artwork has been leaked.

Nephenee in particular seems to be based on her Radiant Dawn artwork
Her Path of Radiance artwork is similar but lacks the shield. Because of this, i think we'll be getting our first Radiant Dawn banner.

D

Deleted member

Anyone able to beat the latest Bound Hero Battle? I have and... I'm starting to dislike them more. They just feel aggravating to do, especially on Infernal. I never look forward to these and I prefer Grand Hero Battles.

The Black Knight and Nephenee's Heroes artwork has been leaked.

Nephenee in particular seems to be based on her Radiant Dawn artwork
Her Path of Radiance artwork is similar but lacks the shield. Because of this, i think we'll be getting our first Radiant Dawn banner.
The Black Knight looks amazing and I can't wait for his Grand Hero Battle.
To be honest, I am thinking the next banner is a Radiant Dawn banner as opposed to a Path of Radiance banner featuring Micaiah, Sothe, and two others from the Dawn Brigade.
The next Tempest Trials (after To Die on the Battlefield) is obviously Tellius related, as the title is a reference to the Black Knight. I think we will get a banner with Ike, Soren, Micaiah, and Sothe for it. The TT hero will either be Nephenee or a neutral Ike from his appearance in RD (like Maskedcina being a neutral Lucina, and I doubt this Ike will have any skills other than Ragnell).

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Anyone able to beat the latest Bound Hero Battle? I have and... I'm starting to dislike them more. They just feel aggravating to do, especially on Infernal. I never look forward to these and I prefer Grand Hero Battles.
I personally thought this was one of the easier ones, especially with the supports now being released.

Infernal I still haven't done, maybe it's a multitude harder than the other.

On a different note, I thought of bonding with Celica, Julia or S!Robin, and couldn't decide. I found is rather meh, seeing as they likely just are there for the stat-boost, since Celica is married, Julia is pretty young, and S!Robin, whilst one of my favourite females out of Fire Emblem, I went ahead and created this:

I know 4*+10 is better. I know +spd is more optimal, but I just had to make her. I lacked a red-dancer for so long, and got so many feathers from the gauntlet, why not? She profits from the boost alot, and she's one of the better girls. And I doubt I'll get Katarina anytime soon, so... yeah!

D

Deleted member

I personally thought this was one of the easier ones, especially with the supports now being released.

Infernal I still haven't done, maybe it's a multitude harder than the other.
I feel like it's the easiest so far, but Infernal is pretty difficult.
I dunno which units I will have support each other, but I don't feel motivated to grind those units to S-Support.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Anyone able to beat the latest Bound Hero Battle? I have and... I'm starting to dislike them more. They just feel aggravating to do, especially on Infernal.
I haven't yet but i straight up just don't do Infernal. Infernal just feels artificially hard tbh.

The next Tempest Trials (after To Die on the Battlefield) is obviously Tellius related, as the title is a reference to the Black Knight. I think we will get a banner with Ike, Soren, Micaiah, and Sothe for it. The TT hero will either be Nephenee or a neutral Ike from his appearance in RD (like Maskedcina being a neutral Lucina, and I doubt this Ike will have any skills other than Ragnell).
The Moment of Fate Tempest Trial is the name of a chapter from Path of Radiance, however, i still think the associated banner will be Radiant Dawn-themed because, again, Nephenee. Nephenee will also most likely the TT Hero for it. The Black Knight is definitely a GHB unit though.

I'm really looking forward to having Ike and the Black Knight Support each other.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I feel like it's the easiest so far, but Infernal is pretty difficult.
I dunno which units I will have support each other, but I don't feel motivated to grind those units to S-Support.
It's more like a passive thing, that just... happens.

Arena Assault saves you Stamina&other things, while allowing you to gring SP, Items and "affection", which is what I've been doing. After I leveled up Olivia, which already netted me the S-Support with myself.

I'm really looking forward to having Ike and the Black Knight Support each other.
Eh, better than Valter and Eirika.

Still waiting for Money x Anna for true OTP.

D

Deleted member

I haven't yet but i straight up just don't do Infernal. Infernal just feels artificially hard tbh.
It's hard and I hate doing the Infernal mode of maps, but I wanted those Orbs.
I didn't do Narcian's Infernal map because I thought it wasn't worth it overall and we will most likely get a 4 star Narcian soon; Nintendo is running a poll on Twitter between Narcian and the Whitewings and whoever wins we get at 4 stars. Narcian is easily winning the poll for obvious reasons.

The Moment of Fate Tempest Trial is the name of a chapter from Path of Radiance, however, i still think the associated banner will be Radiant Dawn-themed because, again, Nephenee. Nephenee will also most likely the TT Hero for it. The Black Knight is definitely a GHB unit though.
I think that will be the case as well.
Interestingly, I heard that Nephenee will have the Slaying Lance. If that's true, then she has a lot more value as a F2P unit. All of the TT units have been underwhelming with the best one being Marthcina, who is a neutral Lucina with no skills and thus requires investment.

Eh, better than Valter and Eirika.
I'm waiting for Sigurd to be added into the game now so that I can support him with Zephiel.
Because... ya know, he's the King of Bern? :p

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
The biggest benefit of the bound hero battles is that with them, and a day or two of free orbs, I can get enough for a summoning circle, which is nice. I took a break from seriously doing GHBs and BHBs, and didn't fully complete the last...two, I think? But I found I liked doing the Narcian infernal, this one, and might really try getting them fully completed again.

I did get a summon circle today, but unfortunately only 3 and 4*'s, though one new unit and good fodders at least, which I like. I got a 4* Roderick, my first one, which was pretty cool, though I'm not sure I'll use him any time soon. If I ever need a firesweep lance fodder, though, I now have one that I can upgrade for, which is pretty cool.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I want to point some things out regarding Black Knight and Nephenee. First of all...
large image said:
Black Knight is not listed as a GHB. That would probably mean we won't get him until next month...or that he's either on the banner or is a Tempest Trial reward. Wouldn't that last one be something? A free 5* Black Knight without the need to use feathers to promote him, and with a distant counter weapon no less! A GHB would make the most sense for him, but I don't think they would of teased him so early on only to hold him off until October.

And someone mentioned that Nephenee's pose resembled the one she has in RD, but I'd like to point out that the outfit she's wearing in her art is based off of the one she wears in PoR.

See how her boots don't go as high, and how she has more of a skirt compared to her radiant dawn appearance? Between that and the lack of cracks on Black Knights armor, I'm confident that this upcoming banner will be based on Path of Radiance, not Radiant Dawn.

D

Deleted member

I did get a summon circle today, but unfortunately only 3 and 4*'s, though one new unit and good fodders at least, which I like. I got a 4* Roderick, my first one, which was pretty cool, though I'm not sure I'll use him any time soon. If I ever need a firesweep lance fodder, though, I now have one that I can upgrade for, which is pretty cool.
I did a summon circle myself today. Unfortunately, I got two 3 stars and 4 star healers.

Black Knight is not listed as a GHB. That would probably mean we won't get him until next month...or that he's either on the banner or is a Tempest Trial reward. Wouldn't that last one be something? A free 5* Black Knight without the need to use feathers to promote him, and with a distant counter weapon no less! A GHB would make the most sense for him, but I don't think they would of teased him so early on only to hold him off until October.
You do bring a good point in that he could be a TT unit. The next TT after this one could mean that he could be the unit we are getting. It does make sense that he would be a TT unit because of how the next TT is named after his Chapter where you fight him. After all of the mediocre TT units we have gotten, I bet Nintendo would realize that and make BK an amazing unit.
Part of me thinks they would tease Black Knight early on to make him a GHB for later and I doubt he'll be a banner unit; even if Reinhardt and Eldigan are non-playable enemy units in their respective games, I doubt they'll change it up here.
However, if he is a Grand Hero Battle unit, I bet he'll get his a day or two after the banner and the length will be in the middle of Robin's revival and in the middle of the BHB. F2P players should at least have one GHB unit as an option.
I HOPE he's a GHB or TT unit and he's good. I would love to have a sword knight especially if he has built in DC; Zephiel is also amazing, but he requires a lot of investment and a Hector. If he's on a banner... I won't be happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wowie, for a Tempest Trial mini, the rewards are really generous. There's Masked Marth, if you missed her, but more importantly, quickened pulse is back and actually rather easy to obtain! Slapped it on my Ninian to help cancel out lightning breath. Oh, and also, there's a ton of orbs, so I was able to do another pull. I got a Brave Lyn (+HP/-Att, but I'm not complaining) and another 5-star Nowi. Now both my Ninian and Fae can have Lightning Breath+ for the tempest trials.

Right now my team is Ninian / Fae / Masked Marth / Priscilla, and it's working out great. Between moonbow, quickened pulse, and bonus unit status, Ninian is actually able to counter most reds. Meanwhile, Marth is a monster who doubles basically everything with these boost (and Speed +3). And Fae is totally pulling her weight with manaketes stats and +6/+6 defenses from Ninian, especially now that she's a functional mage counter thanks to her new lightning breath.

Today's been a good day.

Astellius

Smash Ace
After a worrying period of being unable to play Heroes because I use an emulator, I'm once again able to play, thanks to the good people over at SF. The 1.7.0 update caused FEH to stop working on most emulators, but someone found that it still works on an early version of Bluestacks 3 (one that's still in Chinese). I don't know if anyone here uses emulators, but I could provide the link to it, if desired.

As for the new stuff, I went ahead and set my summoner support with Brave Lucina. The little support sessions with the chibis jumping around are pretty cute. I haven't paired up any of my allies yet, although I probably should just put something on the ones I'm using, since I can always change it later.

With the Tempest Trials, I've been running Masked Marth, Hector, Lilina, and Brave Lucina. Masked Marth is running with Renewal and Reciprocal Aid, and I gave her HP+ for her A-passive, so she has a huge HP pool.

I also pulled a 5* Lachesis, but the rate was at 3%, so I guess nothing lost.

I just did it, through Infernal, and I thought this one wasn't too bad.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I used the Orbs i got from the Mini-Tempest Trial to do a full summon on the CYL Banner. And i got a 5-Star Olwen. Welp, there goes my pity rate but at least i can support her with Reinhardt now.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I spent a little bit of time mix and matching between different units, but I think I've found my tempest trials starter team. Lyn / Summer Xander / Sharena / Sakura. I have just paired Lyn and Summer Xander for ally support, since their colors synergize, and since Summer Xander's ability, infantry pulse, helps bring the cost of gale force down low enough that Lyn can trigger it turn 1 very frequently. The effects of quickened pulse stack with infantry pulse, which means that at turn one of each map, the cool down cost for Lyn goes down by two, meaning a fresh gale force starts at 3 charge time instead of 5. I'm enjoying finding such synergy pairs in my barracks, I do hope to refine my pairings until I most of my 5* units have good pairs.

As for the returning rewards, I'm glad they put quickened pulse so low. I got it the first time around, so to me, it's nothing more than 300 feathers, which isn't that much of a reward, and that's true of many other players that got it in the first tempest trials. I like that the upper level rewards are new seals, makes it much more worth the time grinding to get them.

I'm also really happy to see Masked Marth make a reappearance as a reward unit, since this means that I'll have a +1 merge for the 5* M!Marth I got the first time around. I haven't used him for a little while, but I tend to pick units, especially reds (which I have a ton of) in cycles, and I know I'll want to use him again in a little bit.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I had such an immensively cool team-build idea, but I simply lack one of the cruicially needed units... meh. A bit frustrating to be honest.

But atleast I still got Horse Emblem.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I had such an immensively cool team-build idea, but I simply lack one of the cruicially needed units... meh. A bit frustrating to be honest.

But atleast I still got Horse Emblem.
What team build were you thinking? It is always frustrating when you don't get the unit you want to make something work. I wanted summer Corrin for flier emblem, but alas, I didn't get her. I still have lots of other good flying units, so not too big a loss, but having a blue tome flier would've been nice, so I know what you mean.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
What team build were you thinking? It is always frustrating when you don't get the unit you want to make something work. I wanted summer Corrin for flier emblem, but alas, I didn't get her. I still have lots of other good flying units, so not too big a loss, but having a blue tome flier would've been nice, so I know what you mean.
I got myself a +spd -def B!Lucina. I loved her even in my rather mage-orientated team, where she only buffed Innes.

I theorycrafted a bit, and put my experiences to test. A team out of -purely- physical damage units wouldn't be good. So I had to get a mage.

Delthea has such an nifty impressive legendary tome, buffing Melee units by +6atk. And even an spur atk +3. Effectively giving my team +9 atk alone.
Now combine this with B!Lucina, having +3 atk more, and +6 Speed. BOOM, +12Atk and +6 Speed for the two left-over units in my team.

I needed a Reinhardt and Bow-Counter. Brave-Ike. It was so clear. He's survive them all thanks to his weapon, and counterkills thanks to steady-breath next turn.

Now all I needed was a good red to deal with the Green threat against my two blue Units. Ryoma/Ike. I ended up with Ryoma, as he's atleast survivng -one- magic attack under Fury3, and is fast enough to actually profit from the Speed boost. With his +atk Nature, he's one-shot so many units with Vantage range, it's ridicioulous.

And then my ideal Team was born. Just lacking Delthea.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I got myself a +spd -def B!Lucina. I loved her even in my rather mage-orientated team, where she only buffed Innes.

I theorycrafted a bit, and put my experiences to test. A team out of -purely- physical damage units wouldn't be good. So I had to get a mage.

Delthea has such an nifty impressive legendary tome, buffing Melee units by +6atk. And even an spur atk +3. Effectively giving my team +9 atk alone.
Now combine this with B!Lucina, having +3 atk more, and +6 Speed. BOOM, +12Atk and +6 Speed for the two left-over units in my team.

I needed a Reinhardt and Bow-Counter. Brave-Ike. It was so clear. He's survive them all thanks to his weapon, and counterkills thanks to steady-breath next turn.

Now all I needed was a good red to deal with the Green threat against my two blue Units. Ryoma/Ike. I ended up with Ryoma, as he's atleast survivng -one- magic attack under Fury3, and is fast enough to actually profit from the Speed boost. With his +atk Nature, he's one-shot so many units with Vantage range, it's ridicioulous.

And then my ideal Team was born. Just lacking Delthea.
You've still got the bones of a good team right there. Bravecina, B!Ike (I've seen him called Bike so many other places, not succumbing to that quite yet lol), and Ryoma already at least, which is a great core. While you were leery of all physical units, Innes could fit and get buffs from Bravecina and is ranged which is very useful, or you could try fitting another mage in that slot.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
You've still got the bones of a good team right there. Bravecina, B!Ike (I've seen him called Bike so many other places, not succumbing to that quite yet lol), and Ryoma already at least, which is a great core. While you were leery of all physical units, Innes could fit and get buffs from Bravecina and is ranged which is very useful, or you could try fitting another mage in that slot.
Thats the problem tho, I have no mage for that spot left, sadly. Atleast not for arena assault mode.

But still true, the core is already blessed with immensive strength. Just waiting for a potential mage to drop by via summon. Archers I personally try to avoid, since armor emblem became popular. And I'd atleast want one out for that.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So i just pulled a 5-Star Cordelia. Sweet. Now i can use the 4-Star Cordelias i had as Inheritance fodder. I'm thinking of using one of my 4-Star Cordelias to give my 5-Star Olwen Night Sky. I would give her Astra as well but i don't know how fast it would activate. She does have Dire Thunder. Hmmmm.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
So i just pulled a 5-Star Cordelia. Sweet. Now i can use the 4-Star Cordelias i had as Inheritance fodder. I'm thinking of using one of my 4-Star Cordelias to give my 5-Star Olwen Night Sky. I would give her Astra as well but i don't know how fast it would activate. She does have Dire Thunder. Hmmmm.
Night sky, glimmer, and astra are among the worst specials because their effects are calculated after damage is calculated. It means they are only effective in match-ups the unit is already effective in, and are less effective in off-match-ups. The other specials have an edge because they are calculated differently, and so scale differently. For example, bonfire/ignis and iceberg/glacies scale off of your unit's defense or resistance respectively, meaning they do a set (high) amount of damage, even in bad match-ups. That's why Hector with bonfire or ignis will sometimes randomly KO even triangle adept reds, because it's strictly based off his high defense, and bypasses weapon triangle disadvantage. Luna and moonbow are also good because they scale off of the enemy's def/res, so the higher their def/res is (which means they're harder for your unit to beat), the more damage it'll do, right there in the match-up you need it most in.

tl;dr any unit you would pass night sky, glimmer, or astra to would very likely do better with either bonfire, ignis, glacies, moonbow, or luna.

---

Also, not sure if this counts as colorless hell, or colorless heaven. ~~ The icing on the cake is that Innes is -HP +Atk, so he'll be a lot of fun to build out. Jakob also has good IVs, +spd -def, but I have no idea what to do with a dagger unit lol. Jeorge has meh IVs, +HP -res.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
any unit you would pass night sky, glimmer, or astra to would very likely do better with either bonfire, ignis, glacies, moonbow, or luna
I don't have any units with those skills. Well, i lied. My 5-Star Fir and Klein have Glacies, while my 5-Star Reinhardt has Luna but no way am i sacrificing them. I only come across 5-Stars once in a blue moon.

But eh, Night Sky, Glimmer, and Astra have proved useful to me. Likely because i'm a F2P-player, meaning i have to work with what i get.

Astellius

Smash Ace
If you're going to use her as fodder, I'd use her for Triangle Adept 2, not Astra or Night Sky. Olwen doesn't particularly need a skill, and Night Sky/Glimmer are especially bad on her since the damage output on any given attack she does is pretty low (unless she's running a Blarblade build). But some people would really like TA2. A 4* F!Robin with it has no problem tanking merged Reinhardts. Throw Gronnraven and Bowbreaker on her, and she's a nice pocket character to counter Reinhardt and Bow Lyn in Arena Assault.

Also, not sure if this counts as colorless hell, or colorless heaven. ~~ The icing on the cake is that Innes is -HP +Atk, so he'll be a lot of fun to build out. Jakob also has good IVs, +spd -def, but I have no idea what to do with a dagger unit lol. Jeorge has meh IVs, +HP -res.
Nice! And, yeah, I don't really use daggers either, except for Kagero, who's really good.

But eh, Night Sky, Glimmer, and Astra have proved useful to me. Likely because i'm a F2P-player, meaning i have to work with what i get.
I'm also F2P (excepting that one time I spent a little bit of money for a few extra summons attempting to get Minerva).

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
If you're going to use her as fodder, I'd use her for Triangle Adept 2, not Astra or Night Sky. Olwen doesn't particularly need a skill, and Night Sky/Glimmer are especially bad on her since the damage output on any given attack she does is pretty low (unless she's running a Blarblade build)
I already gave Olwen Night Sky and Astra but i have a spare 4-Star Cordelia which i could use to pass on Triangle Adept 2.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Also, not sure if this counts as colorless hell, or colorless heaven. ~~ The icing on the cake is that Innes is -HP +Atk, so he'll be a lot of fun to build out.

Damn, with Innes being +atk -hp, he's able to one-shot Lynn&most archers without retaliation. If they are merged or buffed, remember Innes Legendary bow effect + the recent support system are an pretty good method to let him survive anything.
Source: Got +atk Innes too!

I really reccomend letting his cancel affinity stay on him tho, as there are so many cecilia's around lately...

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I don't have any units with those skills. Well, i lied. My 5-Star Fir and Klein have Glacies, while my 5-Star Reinhardt has Luna but no way am i sacrificing them. I only come across 5-Stars once in a blue moon.

I completely understand not always having the best SI fodder, since I'm f2p too, but all of the skills I listed come off of 3* units. Sometimes I don't have 1 of these skills, but tbh it's rare to not have *any* of these skills lol.

Bonfire - Adult Tiki and Male Robin
Ignis - Henry and Female Robin
Iceberg - Shanna and Niles
Glacies - Felicia and Fir (I commend your 5* Fir, but Fir is also in the 3-4* pool, so wait until you get a second Fir for this)
Moonbow - Odin and Palla
Luna - Frederick and Catria

All of the units listed above except Female Robin are available in the 3-4* summon pool.

Night sky, glimmer, and astra can work in many situations decently well, but to give you an idea of why the way their damage scales differently struggles, I'll mention what happened not that long ago in Tempest Trials for me. I was using my bonus unit, Lyn vs a Tempest Trials Beruka. Beruka had glimmer, my Lyn had galeforce, and she had it charged so she could attack that Beruka twice in one turn. Beruka, despite being at weapon disadvantage, tanked my Lyn really well, and was able to take both rounds of her attacking, and Lyn was attacking twice each round lol. My Lyn ended up having to attack 3 whole rounds, 2 attacks per round, for a total of 6 hits, before being able to take down that Beruka (Beruka is very tanky defensively lol).

Glimmer, when charged, did 0 damage to my Lyn, same as all of Beruka's regular attacks (yay weapon triangle advantage). Lyn had no fear of Beruka, despite having to take several hits to KO her. If that Beruka had had ignis instead of glimmer, Beruka would've been able to deal 35 damage from Ignis alone to my Lyn. Beruka had a killer axe, which reduces ignis's charge time to 3 instead of 4, so with Lyn attacking her so often, she could've activated it at least once, maybe even twice, depending on the circumstances of what order the units attacked in. If my Lyn had any chip damage on her at all, she would've lost to Beruka, even though Lyn has weapon triangle advantage over Beruka.

Beruka does 0 damage with Glimmer when she is at weapon triangle disadvantage.
Beruka does 35 damage with Ignis in the same circumstances.

Night sky, glimmer, and astra work when you already have an advantage against your opponent. They don't work very well at all in disadvantageous match-ups. Pretty much all of the other specials will work well in both disadvantageous match-ups as well as advantageous match-ups. That's pretty much the gist of what I meant.

It doesn't matter that much, so I won't mention this again, I just thought an example to help clarify what I meant earlier would help, since having the right special helps some units out soo much.

Damn, with Innes being +atk -hp, he's able to one-shot Lynn&most archers without retaliation. If they are merged or buffed, remember Innes Legendary bow effect + the recent support system are an pretty good method to let him survive anything.
Source: Got +atk Innes too!

I really reccomend letting his cancel affinity stay on him tho, as there are so many cecilia's around lately...
Yeah, I was thinking of experimenting with him with his owl bow and cancel affinity, and using him in arena assault, where I do see raven tome builds decently often. I'm not sure who I'm going to pair him with for supports yet, but I'll definitely enjoy experimenting with who he works out well with to find him the perfect partner in my barracks lol.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I completely understand not always having the best SI fodder, since I'm f2p too, but all of the skills I listed come off of 3* units. Sometimes I don't have 1 of these skills, but tbh it's rare to not have *any* of these skills lol.

Bonfire - Adult Tiki and Male Robin
Ignis - Henry and Female Robin
Iceberg - Shanna and Niles
Glacies - Felicia and Fir (I commend your 5* Fir, but Fir is also in the 3-4* pool, so wait until you get a second Fir for this)
Moonbow - Odin and Palla
Luna - Frederick and Catria

All of the units listed above except Female Robin are available in the 3-4* summon pool.
In the 3-4* pool, there's also Draconic Aura, which is another nice one, from F!Corrin, along with Dragon Fang from Sophia. Additionally, Iceberg is obtainable from Lloyd, and Luna from Valter. I almost always prefer the 3-turn variants or Moonbow, when given my choice of special, and they're from sufficiently common summons that I don't usually have difficulty in providing fodder for it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Glimmer skills are also just really weak on characters who don't have a lat of attack. My Michalis got some good use out of it before I swapped him to Draconic Aura, but pre-SI Beruka, on tbe other hand, was downright pathetic outside of the earlygame.

Unless you're running a bladetome set, Olwen isn't exactly a nuke. Luna, moonbow, or iceberg is the way to go.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Character trailers for Nohria and Hoshidian characters in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom