• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I rolled a brave Roy today! +Hp/-Att, naturally. As much as I'd hate to say it, he's going to have to rely on horse buffs to be consistent with Galeforce.

I normally wouldn't keep pulling from a banner I already have three characters from, but I think I'll make an exception for CYL. I don't want my B!Lyn and B!Roy to both be dependant on horse buffs if I can avoid it.

Astellius

Smash Ace
With all of the Brave Lyns running rampant in the Arena lately, I've been working on building up anti-Lyn characters. There are so many Lyns. While I was working on this, it suddenly dawned on me, I had an epiphany. I finally realized what Reinhardt's B-passive is for: Bowbreaker 3.

I tried it out, and it works wonderfully. Reinhardt previously had no real use for a B-passive, and I had actually just been running his native Vantage 3 all this time. But now he's a great lure for Lyn, and it ensures he can kill her on the player phase, even with her high res and pony buffs. Plus, she can't really counter this build with Blue Tomebreaker, because she needs that slot to run her native Sacae skill, which prevents counters from DC characters.

I tossed together a meme for the occasion of finally rounding out my Reinhardt's skills:

New Triangle.jpg

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Reinhardt previously had no real use for a B-passive
Ehem... Lancebreaker.

It's so darn good on him, as it kills so many "close" kills in pve.

For Arena, I agree tho, Bowbreaker isn't bad. But want something that counters Lynn perfectly?

Steady-Breath Adult Tiki.

Just think about it. DC in weapon, and magic based damage, -and- enough defense to almost negate all damage you recieve.
Also, my Julia runs Distant Defense + Bowbreaker and achieves the same but it's not half- as cool as Steady-Breath Tiki!

But in all seriousness, Bowbreaker is generally very good without sacrificing top-tier units. F!Robin is an very good counter against Reinhardt -and- Lyn aswell, just if you search for the most efficient way to cover for both "dreads" in Arena.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Ehem... Lancebreaker.

It's so darn good on him, as it kills so many "close" kills in pve.

For Arena, I agree tho, Bowbreaker isn't bad. But want something that counters Lynn perfectly?

Steady-Breath Adult Tiki.

Just think about it. DC in weapon, and magic based damage, -and- enough defense to almost negate all damage you recieve.
Also, my Julia runs Distant Defense + Bowbreaker and achieves the same but it's not half- as cool as Steady-Breath Tiki!

But in all seriousness, Bowbreaker is generally very good without sacrificing top-tier units. F!Robin is an very good counter against Reinhardt -and- Lyn aswell, just if you search for the most efficient way to cover for both "dreads" in Arena.
Um, if you recall, I'm the one who told you that Adult Tiki can serve as a perfect counter to Lyn. Lol. And there's no need for her to have Steady Breath, she does fine in that capacity with other A-passive options!

As for Lancebreaker on Reinhardt, sure, it's fine, but he already wipes out a significant number of lancers, and most can otherwise be easily dealt with. I just throw Hector or someone else at them, and problem solved! It helps him a little bit, but it's nothing dramatic.

But Bowbreaker is much better on him than Lancebreaker, because the current meta at the highest echelons in the Arena have Lyn running around like mad, and physical characters with access to Distant Counter (e.g., Hector, Ike) fare poorly against her. Plus, it gives him both player and enemy phase presence against Lyn, which expands his role from being an exclusively player phase unit, and it ensures he can always kill her, even if she's buffed or sitting on a defense tile. She has pretty high res, so sometimes he can't kill her, even if he initiates the attack.

Also, I'm still pulling for Brave Lyn. This means 'colorless hell', but it's actually been pretty good for me. I've gotten several Matthews for Hone Spd 3, and, importantly, a good number of Setsunas for Bowbreaker 3 fodder!

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Um, if you recall, I'm the one who told you that Adult Tiki can serve as a perfect counter to Lyn. Lol. And there's no need for her to have Steady Breath, she does fine in that capacity with other A-passive options!
I know! I was trying to be a bit... funny, but it seems I -really- need to learn how to hint that better. x.X

As for Lancebreaker on Reinhardt, sure, it's fine, but he already wipes out a significant number of lancers, and most can otherwise be easily dealt with. I just throw Hector or someone else at them, and problem solved! It helps him a little bit, but it's nothing dramatic.

But Bowbreaker is much better on him than Lancebreaker, because the current meta at the highest echelons in the Arena have Lyn running around like mad, and physical characters with access to Distant Counter (e.g., Hector, Ike) fare poorly against her. Plus, it gives him both player and enemy phase presence against Lyn, which expands his role from being an exclusively player phase unit, and it ensures he can always kill her, even if she's buffed or sitting on a defense tile. She has pretty high res, so sometimes he can't kill her, even if he initiates the attack.

Also, I'm still pulling for Brave Lyn. This means 'colorless hell', but it's actually been pretty good for me. I've gotten several Matthews for Hone Spd 3, and, importantly, a good number of Setsunas for Bowbreaker 3 fodder!
Also, I did said in Arena, Bowbreaker will do likely better! Lance-breaker is just needed for some PvE content, since lancers are often those pesky super high res fliers, or even infantry.

D

Deleted member

I beat Female Robin's Infernal GHB. I do find it odd how she doesn't have a quote before the fight, but I digress.
This Infernal GHB is the easiest one so far. As long as you have some mage nukes and a dancer, you're set for the map.
In my opinion, I think the 3 hardest Infernal GHBs so far are Valter, Legion, and Lloyd. I didn't attempt Narcian's because I didn't feel like it.

I am actually going to give Fem Robin Bowbreaker. I currently have Blue Tome Breaker, but running Gronnwolf, Triangle Adept, and Bowbreaker will make her much more of a threat against both Rein and Brave Lyn. Hopefully she'll be a unit in the next Arena season so that I can test her out.

Good luck!
I managed to get Brave Lyn from the banner, so now I have two of her (one from the free pull, and the other from the banner). Her IVs are +Speed/-Res, so I am tempted to use this Lyn and give her Brave Bow.

Nah

Smash Champion
I beat Female Robin's Infernal GHB. I do find it odd how she doesn't have a quote before the fight, but I digress.
This Infernal GHB is the easiest one so far. As long as you have some mage nukes and a dancer, you're set for the map.
How exactly do you do it on Infernal? Normal and Hard were really easy, but several failed attempts at Infernal are leaving me sitting here wondering how the **** you're supposed to do this =(

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I had my head scratching at the chokepoint, actually. Distant Defense made it hard to take oit the fighters, and the chokepoint was just brutal.

But then I tool my Sunmoner Supported Amelia, gave her armor buffs, and had her solo the map. It was actually kind of hilarious.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I had my head scratching at the chokepoint, actually. Distant Defense made it hard to take oit the fighters, and the chokepoint was just brutal.

But then I tool my Sunmoner Supported Amelia, gave her armor buffs, and had her solo the map. It was actually kind of hilarious.
My strategy was: B!Roy kills the first green, retreats. Kills the second green, and with reposition shenanigants, retreated aswell. And then finished the map.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I know! I was trying to be a bit... funny, but it seems I -really- need to learn how to hint that better. x.X
Oh, lol! I didn't notice it was sarcasm, I thought perhaps the recommendation had made full circle. Well then!

Good luck!
I managed to get Brave Lyn from the banner, so now I have two of her (one from the free pull, and the other from the banner). Her IVs are +Speed/-Res, so I am tempted to use this Lyn and give her Brave Bow.
Thanks! Apparently, all I needed was for you to wish me luck, because I got her on my very next summon!

I looked at her nature, and she's +HP/-Spd. I swear, Spd seems to be my most common bane... Fortunately for her, Lyn's starting kit makes this an acceptable bane. At lvl. 40, she'll have a base of 32 Spd, but then +3 from Mulagir, so it's 35, and then she has Swift Sparrow 2, so that's 39 on the offensive, prior to any buffs. That's really good! And HP is a pretty decent boon for her, since she gets an extra point on it.

As for yours, a Brave Bow would work really nice, you could have a fine quad brave build for our brave lady. Her offensive stats are very similar to Bride Cordelia, except she's on horse, so she has better mobility + access to cav buffs + a native skill that nullifies distant counter on weapons.

How exactly do you do it on Infernal? Normal and Hard were really easy, but several failed attempts at Infernal are leaving me sitting here wondering how the **** you're supposed to do this =(
I haven't tried it yet, so I'll get back to you on this later!

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Literally dying right now, Fire Emblem Warriors is the best thing since sliced bread.

And here is the new trailer:
I am not much a fan of dual wielding Lyn, hopefully there is good ol' single wield Mani Katti too, but gosh, I am already so glad they didn't base her appearance on that ugly thing they did in Awakening....

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Holy heck, that roster leak was real. That also means...
we're probably getting Celica, Anna, Caeda and Tiki as well. I guess that they wanted to put in an Echoes character because of its release date, but Lyn? I'm not complaining, mind you. But I am very confused.

Celica is exciting, though. She's gping to be really flashy, swordfighting and casting spells without having to carry around a clunky book.

D

Deleted member

The thing with today's Direct was that there weren't too many surprises. Just a lot of news on games coming out soon and that was it. There wasn't a shock factor to it.
I am happy to see new details on Xenoblade 2, Kirby, and Mario, but the thing I have to say was the most hype was Lyn in FE Warriors. There was a leak which had Lyn and I didn't believe it, mainly because the sprite work looked mostly fan-made, especially with one character...
The leak contained young Tiki, bow Anna from Fates, Lyn, Caeda, and Celica. Celica was a red flag to me because her sprite looked like an edited hero or mercenary sprite and I didn't think anyone that wasn't from SD, Awakening, or Fates would get in, so I doubted Lyn and Celica.
But when she was revealed, my heart was racing and I was in total shock! I know that Lyn is insanely popular, but I didn't think that she would be playable!
Now... I really hope that Ike is playable. Ike is the most popular male from the CYL FE Heroes poll and he made it on the top 10 twice for his appearances in PoR and RD. It will be a massive crime to exclude Ike from the roster, given how much people like Ike.

As for yours, a Brave Bow would work really nice, you could have a fine quad brave build for our brave lady. Her offensive stats are very similar to Bride Cordelia, except she's on horse, so she has better mobility + access to cav buffs + a native skill that nullifies distant counter on weapons.
I think I will do just that! I will have to sac a Klein, but I think it's better to sac him for Brave Lyn.

First, my team comprised of a nuke, a dancer, a blue counter, and another nuke just to be safe.
More specifically, my team was Celica, Azura, Julia, and Reinhardt.
I killed the axe unit on the top with Celica, sang with Azura, and pulled back Azura with Celica. Celica couldn't one shot the other axe unit, so Reinhardt helped immensely with Threaten Res 3 for Celica to kill him. Next I baited Robin to attack Celica, who would die during enemy phase. All that was left was the blue mage and the red mage.
I made sure the blue mage's only target was Julia. If it was anyone else, I would lose. I had to have Julia kill the blue mage during enemy phase so that the red mage wouldn't swoop in and kill Julia or anyone else.
With Celica, I attacked the red mage, but he didn't die. With Wings of Mercy, Azura killed the red mage.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Hey guys, remember when they said that they didn't put in all the Lords because there'd be too many swords? Remmeber when they said that they'll be focusing on Shadow Dragon/Awakening/Fates? Now they've gone and contradicted themselves and added Lyn.

Don't get me wrong, i love that Lyn is in the game. But this is very bad for the game's PR. It's making the developers look incredibly hypocritical and that is not good for the game.

In other news, the highlight of this Direct for me was the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 trailer. Trailer was a bit long but at least we finally have a understanding of the game's world. Voice acting needs a bit more work but ehh, i've heard worse. Love the environments and artstyle. Rex's personal Titan is literally the King of Red Lions.

Also, December 1st, 2017. It really is releasing this year, God bless.

Edit: Caeda wasn't the only one leaked
The guy behind Marth looks like Navarre.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Hey guys, remember when they said that they didn't put in all the Lords because there'd be too many swords? Remmeber when they said that they'll be focusing on Shadow Dragon/Awakening/Fates? Now they've gone and contradicted themselves and added Lyn.
It's a warriors game. It will feature "story" from it very likely, with the others being thrown into the bunch. It's not really contradicted, since they still "focus" in said games.

I mean, Hyrule warriors had only so few character, because every character got multible weapons. You can do soooo much still with it.

Add in free or paid dlc, and all is well. Damn I love my Warrior games.
I am happy as I can be with those news released!

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Robin Infernal Mode turned out to be A LOT easier than I thought. I just watched a video of the Robin Infernal Mode strategy guide and had almost the exact team setup.

So happy to have Sanaki and Nino by my side for this. Not even using fully optimized skill-sets for either of them. Ninian and Azura were wonderful for that map as well.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
I wrote up two detailed strategies for how to do the Infernal Robin battle on Serenes Forest, so I thought I'd also post them here.

If anyone is interested, here's my post, copy & pasted from SF:

I completed Infernal on my first try with a Horse Emblem team, so I decided I would try to have fun and try to do it with another team. Here's what I came up with.

Horse Emblem: Cecilia (Gronnblade), Reinhardt, Xander, Camus. This team is fairly flexible, because Xander only positions and provides buffs, Reinhardt could probably be played by Olwen or Ursula, and Camus can be played by an appropriate blue mage. Cecilia is the most important player, so I'll call the strategy "Cecilia's Blade".

Hide contents
As it is, my team was Cecilia 4*+7 (regular Gronnblade, Draconic Aura, Darting Blow 3, Desperation 3, and Hone Cav); Xander 5* (Reposition, Quick Riposte, Hone Cav), Reinhardt 5* (Reposition, Death Blow 3, Fortify Cav), and Camus 5* (Reposition, Goad Cav).

Panel 1. Starting position. Everyone is buffing Cecilia's Gronnblade. She wipes out the Axeman. Reinhardt and Xander head south a few blocks, as shown in panel 2. End turn.

Panel 3 shows the start of turn 2. The blue mage should have suicided on Cecilia, and the red mage should have attacked her. So have Cecilia retreat next to Camus, and then Camus repositions her to safety. Xander moves up to tank the axeman, as shown in the right-most panel. End turn.

The enemy red mage should have suicided on Camus, and the axeman on Xander, and so the leftmost panel shows the start of the next turn. This is just a positioning turn. Have Reinhardt move a block right, have Cecilia run down, have Xander reposition her so that she is next to Reinhardt. The second panel shows this. Have Camus move to safety by moving up one block.

The third panel shows the start of the next turn. Cecilia, with full pony buffs, takes out Robin (and she needs at least Desperation 2). Xander moves south to let Reinhardt attack. Between Reinhardt and Camus, the blue lancer is done, and so is the battle.

----------------------------------------

The Horse Emblem answer was a bit too easy, so I wanted to try find some other solutions.

Here is a solution with 4* Nino and Olivia, and 5* Tharja and Eirika. Any dancer should suffice. And, probably, any good buffer could swap in for Eirika.

Hide contents

Panel one shows the start of the turn. Tharja should go and delete the axeman, and Eirika should move up, as shown in panel 2. From there, have Nino Draw Back your dancer upwards, and then have your dancer dance for Tharja. Tharja drops back to the chokepoint, and she repositions the dancer behind her.

Panel 3 (the middle panel) shows the where we should be so far at the start of the turn. Have Tharja move down & left, to strike the axeman through the wall. Your dancer should move below Tharja, dance for her, and have Tharja strike the axeman again. The fourth panel shows what this should look like. End turn.

Panel 5 shows the start of this turn.

Have Tharja delete the axeman, have your dancer dance for her, and then she repositions the dancer behind her. Have Eirika move a tile up. This position is shown in the leftmost panel here. And then have Nino move a tile up, and that's the end of the turn.

Next turn, I had Eirika rally Nino (2nd panel). I then had Nino eliminate the lancer, and Tharja eliminate the red mage, and then the dancer danced for her, as shown in the 3rd panel. Tharja then repositions the dancer, and the blue mage suicides on Nino. The final turn has Robin all alone, as shown in the last panel. The final killing is left as an exercise for the reader...

Hope this might help!

I'm happy to help formulate strategies, if you want my assistance. E.g., Nah Nah :D

Robin Infernal Mode turned out to be A LOT easier than I thought. I just watched a video of the Robin Infernal Mode strategy guide and had almost the exact team setup.

So happy to have Sanaki and Nino by my side for this. Not even using fully optimized skill-sets for either of them. Ninian and Azura were wonderful for that map as well.
Yeah, this has been one of the easier ones. Also, welcome to the Corrin social! I don't recall seeing you here before, so welcome!

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I've been here before Astellius Astellius

I just don't really socialize here but I recall you liking one of my posts not too long ago enough to see I'm not new. XD

But I suppose that's probably due to my avatar change.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Really happythat Lyndis is playable in fire emblem warriors.im totally playing her first. And now if they just could make her playable in smash bros one day cause she's long overdue.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The newest Fire Emblem Heroes banner has been revealed!

It's another Path of Radiance banner, but this one features Nephenee, Oscar, and Elincia.

We're also getting a new story chapter in this update. The Black Knight is confirmed to be a boss for one of the maps.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Lyn being playable in Warriors has convinced me enough to put my interest in the game now. Still hoping for more though but regardless, it's definitely on my wishlist.

D

Deleted member

It's another Path of Radiance banner, but this one features Nephenee, Oscar, and Elincia.

We're also getting a new story chapter in this update. The Black Knight is confirmed to be a boss for one of the maps.
I feel like this banner is entirely skippable. Nephenee seems OK in theory but how good she is depends on her stats, Oscar seems uninteresting, and Elincia is the best unit but it's going to be hard to pull her.
I would only recommend a banner like this if people like these characters, need a good flier like Elincia, or they need a unit for TT because I bet the TT bonus units will be these 3 and Ike (but I am unsure which Ike we are talking about, hopefully regular Ike).
Interesting thing about the Black Knight is that he might not be a Grand Hero Battle, but a Tempest Trials reward.

I had little doubts on the leak after the Whitewings and Narcian prediction. It seems so out there for Nintendo to do but here we are.
I am perfectly fine if Black Knight is a TT reward, but I really hope he's good. The units from TT have been so mediocre.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
It's a warriors game. It will feature "story" from it very likely, with the others being thrown into the bunch. It's not really contradicted, since they still "focus" in said games.

I mean, Hyrule warriors had only so few character, because every character got multible weapons. You can do soooo much still with it.

Add in free or paid dlc, and all is well. Damn I love my Warrior games.
I am happy as I can be with those news released!
I agree with you completely, it's just that it doesn't look on the PR. Lyn's already been causing complaints over at SerenesForest, and the people who are complaining aren't complaining for the sake of complaining. Again, as i mentioned before, when the developers say they wanted to avoid an oversaturation of sword character as they add a new sword character reflects badly.

That being said, complaints have died down after Caeda and Navarre were leaked. The biggest reason why Lyn caused controvresy in the first place was because it seemingly sealed Shadow Dragon's fate of only getting three characters (Marth, Tiki, and Caeda). With Navarre's leak, people have hope again (he's still another sword character though).

I'm gonna be a bit upset if Caeda is made into a sword flier like in Heroes as opposed to a lance flier, since her signature lance is the Wing Spear.

I thought that Hidari finally did some art for Heroes but i guess not. This banner looks alright. Nephenee and Elincia seem good. Oscar is disappointing though.

Still waiting on that Radiant Dawn banner. Poor Sanaki is all alone. She needs her sister.
Because then, Micaiah can wreck horse emblem teams with Thani.
I feel like this banner is entirely skippable.
The only skippable banner i'm seeing there is the FE4 banner. Because an FE4 banner means Sigurd a.k.a worst Lord will be probably be there and there's a chance he may have the same color as another character. Like, if they put Ayra in there, then that means if i pull red, there'll be a chance where i pull Sigurd instead of Ayra, since they are both sword units.

Ahhhh, i really don't want Sigurd in the game. It's gonna make me wary of pulling reds and having a chance of pulling him when i want a character who's better than him in every way. I already have to be wary of blues because i'm afraid of pulling a 5-Star Peri, which is my most despised character in the series.

Sorry for the Sigurd rant. I just don't like him at all. I genuinely see him as a worse Lord than Corrin.

But hey, Arvis GHB is neat. He'll be our first Armored Mage inb4 they just make him a regular mage. Wonder what special effects Valflame will have it will instantly one-shot any Sigurd, regardless of stats.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I got through Robin infernal, that map was actually easy thanks to brave Roy. He could nuke the green axes and then safely retreat thanks to galeforce, a few turns of this to pick off units and then my other horses could clean up the rest lol.

I did my last summon on the CYL banner, blessed with a second 5* Amelia, but no Lucina. So, I used up my free 5* summon for Lyn, and am accepting that I'll get 3/4 of the CYL units in this pass. Lucina will be in the regular summon pool, so I have hope I'll be able to summon her in a future banner. My haul from this banner was excellent aside from this, however. 2 brave Roys, one with the second best possible nature, Brave Ike, Innes, Jeorge, Jakob, and Amelia, all told.

I'll probably take a break from summoning to let my collection of orbs build up, unless there's a banner of units I really like released soon. The new units don't really speak to me, so I'll likely skip that banner myself.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Ahhhh, i really don't want Sigurd in the game. It's gonna make me wary of pulling reds and having a chance of pulling him when i want a character who's better than him in every way. I already have to be wary of blues because i'm afraid of pulling a 5-Star Peri, which is my most despised character in the series.

Sorry for the Sigurd rant. I just don't like him at all. I genuinely see him as a worse Lord than Corrin.
Hey, look on the bright side. We could get leif instead.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Hey, look on the bright side. We could get leif instead.
Leif would most likely be in an FE5 banner. The leak says FE4. Of course, Leif did appear in FE4 and if we got his FE4 incarnation, we could get a mounted unit inb4 they pull a Lachesis and make him a healer.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Even if you pull Sigurd, you could probably just use him as fodder. Chances are, like many new charscters, he'll come with some flashy 5-star exclusive skill.

I haven't sniped my in the past because I thought padding out my 5-star roster was more important than getting the specific heroes I want, but now I think I'm set in that regard. I've got more 5-stars than I know what to do with. Tomorrow, I'm sniping for Elincia. Then, after her banner has past, I think I'll start saving up orbs and pray to Mila that we get another Celica banner soon.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Can say there really isn't anyone in particular I want in that banner because I've never played Path of Radiance at the moment. Of course, I'll still pull from that one just for the free summon.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Even if you pull Sigurd, you could probably just use him as fodder. Chances are, like many new charscters, he'll come with some flashy 5-star exclusive skill.
Oh yeah, i'm definitely using Sigurd as fodder if i get him. It's just that, as a F2P-player, i don't want to use any 5-Stars as fodder unless it's a duplicate.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I've been here before Astellius Astellius

I just don't really socialize here but I recall you liking one of my posts not too long ago enough to see I'm not new. XD

But I suppose that's probably due to my avatar change.
Ah, well, then in that case, welcome back!

Time to start pulling hard for Elincia! So much for the possibility of me saving up some orbs! I expect she'll be fast enough to run some nice quad builds, as Amiti is only -2 Spd. Hopefully her Atk isn't Odin tier.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The max stats for the Crimea characters+Black Knight have been datamined (note, the Crimean characters have their weapons equipped. The Black Knight does not, so don't freak out about Black Knight having lower attack than Elincia)

Elincia's got the speed to be quad-attacking with Amiti. She has pretty good attack too.

I think the Black Knight has just become the best armor unit because look at that speed. An armor unit should not have 34 speed. And his other stats are solid too (except for Res). Alondite has built-in Distant Counter which means his A-Slot can be used for something else like Death Blow.

Also, again, Black Knight doesn't have Alondite equipped here so his 34 atk isn't his true atk power.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I decided to snipe for Elincia like I said I would, and after clearing the new story chapters and quests, it actually paid off. I got a -att/+speed Elincia, which seems like a neutral nature since it allows her to quad. But wait, it gets better.

That second Elincia had +speed/-def IVs, which is just perfect for a quad build. I'll probably merge them, but I'm also considering using the -att one as inheritance fodder with that new B skill of hers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I got Oscar from the banner, who is the worst unit I could have possibly got. However, this Oscar is actually +Attack/-HP... so that's something.
However, the new best unit in my opinion isn't on the banner... it's the Black Knight.
As you could see from the stats posted above, he's a defensive powerhouse and, for some strange reason, he's as fast as, if not faster than, both Ikes! Not only that, but he has some amazing skills. His sword has built-in Distant Counter, he has a much more powerful version of Luna, and his A skill helps him out immensely in enemy phase.
So yeah, you don't need to pick a god and pray that you get a Hector for Zephiel... the Black Knight will be a much better armored sword unit.

EDIT:
If the leak is true and we are getting an FE4 banner with an Arvis GHB, then Armor Emblem will become a lot more viable. Arvis is an armored mage in his game, which helps immensely with the weakness Armor Emblem has in that there are no mages.
You will need to sacrifice an Amelia for Armor March so you will have to sac a 5 star, but I rather do that than to sacrifice a Hector for Zephiel. It's like Nintendo and IS saw the weaknesses of Armor Emblem and are addressing them with these units.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nah

Smash Champion
Best part about the Black Knight is that he's going to be a Tempest Trial reward--everyone can get a 5* asskicker without having to deal with Orbs and RNG, you just have to grind out points on the Tempest Trial. I mean he is also limited time only and so if you miss the upcoming TT or whatever you're screwed and that might suck for some people, but still.....

D

Deleted member

Best part about the Black Knight is that he's going to be a Tempest Trial reward--everyone can get a 5* kicker without having to deal with Orbs and RNG, you just have to grind out points on the Tempest Trial. I mean he is also limited time only and so if you miss the upcoming TT or whatever you're screwed and that might suck for some people, but still.....
He will be an amazing free-to-play unit and it will be a shame if people miss out on getting him.
However, I would recommend training the 4 star version if you can. The Black Knight's default budget kit is incredible, but his skill set is going to be more on the expensive side. What I would do is that if you have the Feathers, train the 4 star version to level 40, make him 5 stars and don't give him his weapon, train the 5 star version to level 40, and merge the 5 star one with the promoted 5 star version. You'll get the most out of it this way.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Honestly, I'm not even mad, "wasting" DC+GoadArmor on Zephiel.

I can just put Zephiel and the Black knight on one team, sooo... Win win.

Also, can I say, that I fear the powercreep like nothing else? Back then, dragons were pretty strong, but had low speed to kinda balance things out. And now my Nowi collects dust, with newer units havin increasingly stronger stats.

At this point, nephenee is straight up an upgrade from Severa. I was okay with brave-heroes, but this... slowly gets concerning.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
was a bit surprised I actually rolled her

also dear lord she has Death Blow and a brave weapon but it only does -2 Speed

He will be an amazing free-to-play unit and it will be a shame if people miss out on getting him.
However, I would recommend training the 4 star version if you can. The Black Knight's default budget kit is incredible, but his skill set is going to be more on the expensive side. What I would do is that if you have the Feathers, train the 4 star version to level 40, make him 5 stars and don't give him his weapon, train the 5 star version to level 40, and merge the 5 star one with the promoted 5 star version. You'll get the most out of it this way.
Why unequip the weapon though?

Top Bottom