• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

D

Deleted member

So the Update happened, and that's good an all, new features and such. But then the dataminers cams and we found this.
View attachment 127866 Just in time too. Strangely enough, Celica ain't there but i imagine she has her own banner, knowing the way Gaiden/Echoes works. After all, the 4 characters here are all in Alm's route.

Alm has his own Falchion btw so yay, more Dragon Slayers.
Thank god that Celica isn't being released yet. I can now save some Orbs for her. By the time her banner comes out, I should have over a hundred thanks to the daily Orbs for the next 17 days.
I just hope we will have daily quests again.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's a good thing I don't plan on doing any summons until them Alm and Celica banners come out. I already have at least 200 orbs saved up and I'll definitely have more of them by the time they become available, thanks to the 17-day daily orb bonus.

And while I'm at it, thanks to those extra hero feathers I've received from that gauntlet, I now once again have enough to promote my Felicia to a 5-star character. Oh, what happy day!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So the Update happened, and that's good an all, new features and such. But then the dataminers cams and we found this.
View attachment 127866 Just in time too. Strangely enough, Celica ain't there but i imagine she has her own banner, knowing the way Gaiden/Echoes works. After all, the 4 characters here are all in Alm's route.

Alm has his own Falchion btw so yay, more Dragon Slayers.
Not surprised the next Focus event will focus on Echoes characters to tie in with the game's release. Hopefully, I'll get my hands on either Alm, Clair, or Lucas (I really like the art for the former two). As for Faye? Not happy. I've been looking into her character these past few days and reading her supports, and I'm not a big fan of her character. Would've preferred someone like Silque to fill that final slot instead.

For the eventual Celica event, I predict the Focus characters will be Celica, Saber, Valbar, and Mae.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
As for Faye? Not happy. I've been looking into her character these past few days and reading her supports, and I'm not a big fan of her character.
I personally think people are overreacting regarding Faye. Some are going as far to compare her to Tharja, which i find to be really unfair since Faye is nowhere near as bad as Tharja. So watch as i go defending Faye, because i personally think she's alright.

1. She's not a Tharja. Some people think she is but i strongly disagree. Faye falls into the Catria-type. Catria was a Pegasus Knight who was in love with Marth but those feelings were never returned. Since then, there have been a few Catria-types througout the series. Mallesia, Cordelia, and now Faye. Maybe Lalum too. Now, out of all the Catria-types i can think of, Faye more closely resembels Mallesia. Mallesia was also in love with Marth but she did obbses over it, just like Faye obbseses over Alm. Now, with Faye, when you consider the circumstances, it actually makes sense why she's in love (and obbseses a bit) over Alm: she grew up with him. She's known him for a long time, and over that time, her feelings for him developed. Maybe too much but her feelings for him are still genuine. The proof of that is that she's the only Catria-type that actually gets the courage to confess.
  2. Now, in her Supports with Silque, we do see her be a bit of a jerk, but at the end, Faye does realize her mistake and eventually aplogizes. Which is why i do want to see this friendship continue with Base Supports, something which we haven't seen. Like, at all. No Base Supports have been translated yet, even though we know they exist.
  3. Her ending. A lot of people are up in arms about her ending but i personally think it makes sense. Even though she confessed to Alm, she was also turned down. People handle rejection differently. Some people are chill with it, others find it hard to let go. What happens to Faye is the latter. This is a real-life thing too. Also, at least her ending makes a lot more sense than Gray's ending if Kliff (or is it Tobin) dies. If one of those two die, Gray ends up becoming an alcoholic, despite him still having a loving wife (Clair).
    • Her ending is a bit hard to understand, since it implies she married someone but at the same time, it doesn't but that's what happens when you directly translate things. I'm sure the localization can clear somethings up.
  4. Conclusion: I know some people aren't gonna like Faye. But to say she's a bad character is a bit too much. Again, she's not Tharja, and she's definitly not Peri. Is Faye one-note? Yeah, most of her character revolves around Alm. But one-note characters are nothing new to Fire Emblem. You have Clarine who revolves around wanting everyone to be a "proper gentleman" or a "proper lady" and also just kinda obbsessing over her brother, Klein. You have Mirel who does everything in the name of science. You have Farina who is basically blue-haired Awakening Anna. You have Fir who wants to be the very best (swordswoman) like no one ever was, and that's coming from someone who likes Fir. You have Kjelle who just wants to be the strongest women alive. You have Ilyana, who obbses over food, and that's also coming from someone who likes Ilyana. Faye may be boring but i wouldn't put her in the bad character tier. As i mentioned in the beginning, i think she's alright.
I think the reason why most people are overreacting is because the Awakening and Fates got to them and now any character who is remotely one-note is automatically trash.

Edit: I do find it cute that if Faye is Supported by Alm, she actually loses a bit of a Avoid, simply because she's distracted by him. It adds to her character imo. Oh but don't worry. In exchange for losing a bit of Avoid, she recives the highest hit-rate boost out of all the characters.

Speaking of Supports, the one thing that does upset me about Faye a bit is that she can't Support with the other villagers, at least conversation wise. She still Supports with them passively. But who knows, maybe she can talk to them in Base Conversations.

For the eventual Celica event, I predict the Focus characters will be Celica, Saber, Valbar, and Mae.
Same except i expect Boey or maybe Genny instead of Valbar.

On a side-note, i find it curious that Faye is an Archer in Heroes. Faye starts as a Villager, and thus, can promote into a lot of things. But Archer isn't one of them, as the Archer Class is male-only.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I personally think people are overreacting regarding Faye. Some are going as far to compare her to Tharja, which i find to be really unfair since Faye is nowhere near as bad as Tharja. So watch as i go defending Faye, because i personally think she's alright.

1. She's not a Tharja. Some people think she is but i strongly disagree. Faye falls into the Catria-type. Catria was a Pegasus Knight who was in love with Marth but those feelings were never returned. Since then, there have been a few Catria-types througout the series. Mallesia, Cordelia, and now Faye. Maybe Lalum too. Now, out of all the Catria-types i can think of, Faye more closely resembels Mallesia. Mallesia was also in love with Marth but she did obbses over it, just like Faye obbseses over Alm. Now, with Faye, when you consider the circumstances, it actually makes sense why she's in love (and obbseses a bit) over Alm: she grew up with him. She's known him for a long time, and over that time, her feelings for him developed. Maybe too much but her feelings for him are still genuine. The proof of that is that she's the only Catria-type that actually gets the courage to confess.
  2. Now, in her Supports with Silque, we do see her be a bit of a jerk, but at the end, Faye does realize her mistake and eventually aplogizes. Which is why i do want to see this friendship continue with Base Supports, something which we haven't seen. Like, at all. No Base Supports have been translated yet, even though we know they exist.
  3. Her ending. A lot of people are up in arms about her ending but i personally think it makes sense. Even though she confessed to Alm, she was also turned down. People handle rejection differently. Some people are chill with it, others find it hard to let go. What happens to Faye is the latter. This is a real-life thing too. Also, at least her ending makes a lot more sense than Gray's ending if Kliff (or is it Tobin) dies. If one of those two die, Gray ends up becoming an alcoholic, despite him still having a loving wife (Clair).
    • Her ending is a bit hard to understand, since it implies she married someone but at the same time, it doesn't but that's what happens when you directly translate things. I'm sure the localization can clear somethings up.
  4. Conclusion: I know some people aren't gonna like Faye. But to say she's a bad character is a bit too much. Again, she's not Tharja, and she's definitly not Peri. Is Faye one-note? Yeah, most of her character revolves around Alm. But one-note characters are nothing new to Fire Emblem. You have Clarine who revolves around wanting everyone to be a "proper gentleman" or a "proper lady" and also just kinda obbsessing over her brother, Klein. You have Mirel who does everything in the name of science. You have Farina who is basically blue-haired Awakening Anna. You have Fir who wants to be the very best (swordswoman) like no one ever was, and that's coming from someone who likes Fir. You have Kjelle who just wants to be the strongest women alive. You have Ilyana, who obbses over food, and that's also coming from someone who likes Ilyana. Faye may be boring but i wouldn't put her in the bad character tier. As i mentioned in the beginning, i think she's alright.
I think the reason why most people are overreacting is because the Awakening and Fates got to them and now any character who is remotely one-note is automatically trash.

Edit: I do find it cute that if Faye is Supported by Alm, she actually loses a bit of a Avoid, simply because she's distracted by him. It adds to her character imo. Oh but don't worry. In exchange for losing a bit of Avoid, she recives the highest hit-rate boost out of all the characters.

Speaking of Supports, the one thing that does upset me about Faye a bit is that she can't Support with the other villagers, at least conversation wise. She still Supports with them passively. But who knows, maybe she can talk to them in Base Conversations.

Same except i expect Boey or maybe Genny instead of Valbar.

On a side-note, i find it curious that Faye is an Archer in Heroes. Faye starts as a Villager, and thus, can promote into a lot of things. But Archer isn't one of them, as the Archer Class is male-only.
Well, Lucious is in heroes a healer too... so...
I guess to simplyfy things?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Well, Lucious is in heroes a healer too... so...
I guess to simplyfy things?
I guess so.....but then again, when Lucius promotes into a Bishop in Blazing Blade, he gets access to Staffs. So it still makes sense for Lucius.

Faye on the other hand can't use Bows at all in Echoes. Speaking of, Faye has a unique Bow in Heroes and it's kinda stupid broken from what i hear. Some people in the FE Heroes Discord did some digging around and found that if Faye initiates an attack, it basically prevents her opponent from following-up on her. This basically let's her safely take on opponents who are faster than her without worry, at least during the player phase.

On a side-note, Alm's Falchion slays Dragons but that was expected.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Why does Alm have Falchion though?
He had it in the original Gaiden though they never gave an explanation. Now, thanks to Echoes' fleshed out story, we know why Alm has his own Falchion but that's actual spoilers so i won't talk about it. I will say this though: Alm's Falchion is not the same as Marth's Falchion. I suppose that was obvious though.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
So what are those numbers that appear over the characters when you finish off the last guy now?
I spent almost all the new orbs already because I want the most unique and rare character in the game, some mrs. green tome wyvern rider, but I got a 5* Tharja instead. Wrong fan service waifu, game, wrong fan service waifu....

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So what are those numbers that appear over the characters when you finish off the last guy now?
Hero's Merit. For every 500 HM that a Hero gets, you get 500 Hero's Feathers. Each Hero can earn a max of 2000, and because of that, duplicate Heroes share the same HM meter.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The newest Heroes trailer is out for the new Echoes Focus event.

After listening to the Japanese voices for some time, getting used to the English voices will take some time.

Alm's voice sounds pretty cool from what I've heard so far.

I definitely wouldn't compare Faye to Tharja, who I remember went as far as abusing her daughter (and that was way too extreme), but even then, from what I've been seeing so far, Faye doesn't impress me. Maybe I haven't been looking as deeply into the game as I should have (I haven't seen any base conversations featuring her), but Faye gets very little dialogue in the story, and in the dialogue I've seen thus far, she talks about Alm too much. The other three villagers have far more plot dialogue, and all I remember is that child Faye had some lines in the prologue, but it seemed to go along the lines of her looking for Alm for something but then found he was playing with Celica and she got disheartened. I wasn't sure what else she said other than reacting to Slayde arriving at Ram Village.

For a one-note character, I definitely wouldn't call Faye bad. If I had to describe her, it'd be "disappointing." I had hopes she'd be similar to Oboro. That is, Oboro was a character whose crush on another character was done right. Her crush on Takumi was only brought up a four times in Fates: her first appearance in Birthright Chapter 9, her S-Support with Takumi, her S-Support with Hinata, and killing her in Conquest Chapter 23. By only bringing it up a few times, it made sure the crush didn't consume her character so that they could focus on her other traits. The crush was ultimately an aspect to her that was cute and not an eye-roller, and she acknowledges that in her S-Support with Hinata. When I heard about Faye having feelings for Alm, I had hopes IS would do the same to her like they did with Oboro, but it seems like it didn't happen.

And not all one-note characters annoy me. It all depends on what their character is. Kaden is arguably one-note with his kind attitude, but I really liked his character, as this kindness also makes him funny quite often. Setsuna has the whole "falling into traps" and acting very mellow as her one-note character, but I found her funny. Vaike may be incredibly bro-like with his character and had a massive ego, but I found him entertaining. Donnel's character was basically "farm-boy," but I found him enjoyable because his country origins provided some nice perspective into an army that consisted primarily of soldiers that aren't as familiar with With the ones I don't like, it's usually because their character didn't interest me. Effie and all her workout talk bored me after a while, and so did Miriel with her science talk. When it comes to crushes consuming an entire-character, let's just say one-note obsessed characters are the kind of characters that won't appeal to me because they won't entertain me.

As for Faye being related to Catria-archetypes, Cordelia bored me as a character. I mean, I know Cordelia has a tragic backstory and her perfectionism had something to do with her relationship with her fellow Pegasus Knights, but talking about Chrom so much got dull after a while. It was not infuriating like with Tharja (and arguably Camilla) but it got brought up so often I felt as if I didn't gain much of a sense about her struggles with perfectionism outside of her support with Robin. While I'm yet to play Shadow Dragon, I know I'll be experiencing Catria through Echoes, and I have hopes they can focus on other aspects of her character and not on her crush on Marth.

On a final note, we'll see if my opinion of Faye will change overtime. If Faye is featured in any base conversations and shows signs her character developed from that A-support with Silque and we learn other things about her beyond just her relationship with Alm, my opinion of her will probably go up. For now, it's still low.

Regarding Gray's ending, that's if Tobin dies he resorts to alcohol, but one translation of that ending mentioned Clair "got him back on his feet," so it sounds like the alcoholism was a short time.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Oh hey, DLC has been announced. There'll be four sets:
  1. Set 1: The Fighter's Journey. This set contains 3 maps that will help beginners. Basically the item map, the gold map, and the exp map. The gold map gets you silver coins that can be used to forging, as there really isn't any sort of money in this game; all weapons are found in chests or dropped from enemies.
  2. Set 2: will contain 3 maps that will help the player during the late-game.
  3. Set 3 will contain 10 maps that'll help players grow their units. Set 3 also contains four story maps that take place before the main story. These four maps are likely similar to New Mystery's Bonus Missions. But the "help players grow their units" interests me. Is it an exp map? Can't be because there's 10 of them plus the exp map is in the first set. Support Grinding? The game doesn't let you do that to begin with, as Support Ranks are unlocked as you progress through the story. DLC Classes? But then why are there 10 of them. Even Awakening and Fates didn't have that many DLC Classes. This leaves a final possibility: Scramble Maps. "Help players grow their units" likely refers to helping them grow their character. I would love 10 maps of character development.
  4. Set 4 is apparently a crossover with Fire Emblem Cipher. Cipher has four original characters (Emma, Shade, Yuzu, and Lando). Maybe this will be their first appearance in the actual games. In case you want to see them:

A Sky Knight from Hoshido, Emma is 13 years old, and she's still fairly inexperienced as a Sky Knight.

A Dark Mage from Nohr, Shade is very knowledgeable and calm.

What's funny about Yuzu is that she's supposedly shy but i'm not seeing that here. Like Emma, she hails from Hoshido and is a Samurai.

This guy, despite being a laid-back gambler, can also dual-wield WHILE RIDING A HORSE! Unlike the other three Cipher characters, Lando is not from the world of Fates and is actually from Elibe. If we're able to recruit these Cipher characters in the Echoes DLC, that would be amazing because we need dual-wielding horse units.

If you plan on getting Echoes digitally, the game takes up 12,877 blocks of space, or 1.6 GB.

On a side note, the meme comunity has gone to work and we have a few Echoes memes
Basically Boey and Mae's relationship in a nutshell.
Now this one's a classic

I definitely wouldn't compare Faye to Tharja, who I remember went as far as abusing her daughter (and that was way too extreme), but even then, from what I've been seeing so far, Faye doesn't impress me. Maybe I haven't been looking as deeply into the game as I should have (I haven't seen any base conversations featuring her), but Faye gets very little dialogue in the story, and in the dialogue I've seen thus far, she talks about Alm too much. The other three villagers have far more plot dialogue, and all I remember is that child Faye had some lines in the prologue, but it seemed to go along the lines of her looking for Alm for something but then found he was playing with Celica and she got disheartened. I wasn't sure what else she said other than reacting to Slayde arriving at Ram Village.

For a one-note character, I definitely wouldn't call Faye bad. If I had to describe her, it'd be "disappointing." I had hopes she'd be similar to Oboro. That is, Oboro was a character whose crush on another character was done right. Her crush on Takumi was only brought up a four times in Fates: her first appearance in Birthright Chapter 9, her S-Support with Takumi, her S-Support with Hinata, and killing her in Conquest Chapter 23. By only bringing it up a few times, it made sure the crush didn't consume her character so that they could focus on her other traits. The crush was ultimately an aspect to her that was cute and not an eye-roller, and she acknowledges that in her S-Support with Hinata. When I heard about Faye having feelings for Alm, I had hopes IS would do the same to her like they did with Oboro, but it seems like it didn't happen.

And not all one-note characters annoy me. It all depends on what their character is. Kaden is arguably one-note with his kind attitude, but I really liked his character, as this kindness also makes him funny quite often. Setsuna has the whole "falling into traps" and acting very mellow as her one-note character, but I found her funny. Vaike may be incredibly bro-like with his character and had a massive ego, but I found him entertaining. Donnel's character was basically "farm-boy," but I found him enjoyable because his country origins provided some nice perspective into an army that consisted primarily of soldiers that aren't as familiar with With the ones I don't like, it's usually because their character didn't interest me. Effie and all her workout talk bored me after a while, and so did Miriel with her science talk. When it comes to crushes consuming an entire-character, let's just say one-note obsessed characters are the kind of characters that won't appeal to me because they won't entertain me.

As for Faye being related to Catria-archetypes, Cordelia bored me as a character. I mean, I know Cordelia has a tragic backstory and her perfectionism had something to do with her relationship with her fellow Pegasus Knights, but talking about Chrom so much got dull after a while. It was not infuriating like with Tharja (and arguably Camilla) but it got brought up so often I felt as if I didn't gain much of a sense about her struggles with perfectionism outside of her support with Robin. While I'm yet to play Shadow Dragon, I know I'll be experiencing Catria through Echoes, and I have hopes they can focus on other aspects of her character and not on her crush on Marth.

On a final note, we'll see if my opinion of Faye will change overtime. If Faye is featured in any base conversations and shows signs her character developed from that A-support with Silque and we learn other things about her beyond just her relationship with Alm, my opinion of her will probably go up. For now, it's still low.

Regarding Gray's ending, that's if Tobin dies he resorts to alcohol, but one translation of that ending mentioned Clair "got him back on his feet," so it sounds like the alcoholism was a short time.
So I tried to see if i could find some Base Supports and Memory Fragments regarding Faye and no luck. However, i did find out that apparently, Faye does have Base Conversations with Celica. Now, normally, Faye won't be able to talk to Celica until Ch.5, when both armies merge. However, there is a way to recruit Faye (and Kliff) on Celica's side early. What you do is, in Ch.1, don't recruit Faye and Kliff. While recruiting Lukas, Tobin, and Gray is required to progress, Kliff and Faye aren't. So what you do is, don't recruit them and wait until Ch.2. In Ch.2, you control Celica's army. Ch.2 ends when Celica talks to Mycen at Zofia Castle. However, before doing that, head to Ram Village first. There, you'll be able to recruit both Kliff and Faye, and Celica will even have special dialogue with the two of them. She has special dialogue when visiting Ram village in general. This can only be done before completing Ch.2 though, as at the beginning of Ch.3, a landslide blocks the path between Celica's route and Zofia Castle.

I'm curious as to what Faye's Base Conversation with Celica is. I'm hoping Faye isn't a jerk to Celica like she was to Slique in her C and B Supports but i do have reason to believe it'll be different. After all, Faye does passively Support Celica, though it is one-sided, as in, Celica gets Support Bonuses from Faye but not the other way around. Interestingly enough, Faye gets Passive Support Bonuses from Mycen.

The whole point of Passive Supports was that the relationship between the characters were strong enough that they didn't necessarily need to talk to each other to get bonuses. So while Faye does obsess over Alm, her Passive Supports with Celica and Mycen imply that she has a strong enough friendship with those two, which is good (i will mention though that i was wrong about her Passively Supporting the other Villagers. Turns out she doesn't.)

Hopefully Heroes gives us a better look at her localized personality. I mean, yes, one of her quotes is "For Alm" but that's one quote out of like, 10. And in the Heroes trailer, there's a very short clip of her mentioning something about getting better with her bow probably to impress Alm. But hey, if the localization tames her crush with Alm a bit, and maybe change her ending, i think we can be happy. After all, 8-4 is doing the localization and in Awakening they made Gregor a Russian, as well as making Henry actually likable imo.

Also, i do agree with you regarding one-note characters, in how not all of them are bad. Besides the ones you mentioned, another example of a great one-note character is Arthur. His entire character revolves around bad luck but it's genuinely funny. As for Catria, i wouldn't worry. I mean, she might mention Marth in her Support Conversations with her sisters but seeing as how Marth isn't in this game, he probably won't be her focus. In fact, if i remember correctly, Catria's crush wasn't really a thing until Mystery of the Emblem, which takes place after Gaiden/Echoes.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I always feared that they were gonna be retail exclusives.
I definitely have my eyes locked on both Cloud amiibo variants and maybe male Corrin.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Uh, that Heroes trailer didn't say when the Echoes focus is starting, did it?

I've got a ton of orbs and I'm getting really anxious about summoning, but I really don't want any of the Easter characters.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Oh hey, DLC has been announced. There'll be four sets:
  1. Set 1: The Fighter's Journey. This set contains 3 maps that will help beginners. Basically the item map, the gold map, and the exp map. The gold map gets you silver coins that can be used to forging, as there really isn't any sort of money in this game; all weapons are found in chests or dropped from enemies.
  2. Set 2: will contain 3 maps that will help the player during the late-game.
  3. Set 3 will contain 10 maps that'll help players grow their units. Set 3 also contains four story maps that take place before the main story. These four maps are likely similar to New Mystery's Bonus Missions. But the "help players grow their units" interests me. Is it an exp map? Can't be because there's 10 of them plus the exp map is in the first set. Support Grinding? The game doesn't let you do that to begin with, as Support Ranks are unlocked as you progress through the story. DLC Classes? But then why are there 10 of them. Even Awakening and Fates didn't have that many DLC Classes. This leaves a final possibility: Scramble Maps. "Help players grow their units" likely refers to helping them grow their character. I would love 10 maps of character development.
  4. Set 4 is apparently a crossover with Fire Emblem Cipher. Cipher has four original characters (Emma, Shade, Yuzu, and Lando). Maybe this will be their first appearance in the actual games. In case you want to see them:

A Sky Knight from Hoshido, Emma is 13 years old, and she's still fairly inexperienced as a Sky Knight.

A Dark Mage from Nohr, Shade is very knowledgeable and calm.

What's funny about Yuzu is that she's supposedly shy but i'm not seeing that here. Like Emma, she hails from Hoshido and is a Samurai.

This guy, despite being a laid-back gambler, can also dual-wield WHILE RIDING A HORSE! Unlike the other three Cipher characters, Lando is not from the world of Fates and is actually from Elibe. If we're able to recruit these Cipher characters in the Echoes DLC, that would be amazing because we need dual-wielding horse units.

If you plan on getting Echoes digitally, the game takes up 12,877 blocks of space, or 1.6 GB.

On a side note, the meme comunity has gone to work and we have a few Echoes memes
Basically Boey and Mae's relationship in a nutshell.
Now this one's a classic

So I tried to see if i could find some Base Supports and Memory Fragments regarding Faye and no luck. However, i did find out that apparently, Faye does have Base Conversations with Celica. Now, normally, Faye won't be able to talk to Celica until Ch.5, when both armies merge. However, there is a way to recruit Faye (and Kliff) on Celica's side early. What you do is, in Ch.1, don't recruit Faye and Kliff. While recruiting Lukas, Tobin, and Gray is required to progress, Kliff and Faye aren't. So what you do is, don't recruit them and wait until Ch.2. In Ch.2, you control Celica's army. Ch.2 ends when Celica talks to Mycen at Zofia Castle. However, before doing that, head to Ram Village first. There, you'll be able to recruit both Kliff and Faye, and Celica will even have special dialogue with the two of them. She has special dialogue when visiting Ram village in general. This can only be done before completing Ch.2 though, as at the beginning of Ch.3, a landslide blocks the path between Celica's route and Zofia Castle.

I'm curious as to what Faye's Base Conversation with Celica is. I'm hoping Faye isn't a jerk to Celica like she was to Slique in her C and B Supports but i do have reason to believe it'll be different. After all, Faye does passively Support Celica, though it is one-sided, as in, Celica gets Support Bonuses from Faye but not the other way around. Interestingly enough, Faye gets Passive Support Bonuses from Mycen.

The whole point of Passive Supports was that the relationship between the characters were strong enough that they didn't necessarily need to talk to each other to get bonuses. So while Faye does obsess over Alm, her Passive Supports with Celica and Mycen imply that she has a strong enough friendship with those two, which is good (i will mention though that i was wrong about her Passively Supporting the other Villagers. Turns out she doesn't.)

Hopefully Heroes gives us a better look at her localized personality. I mean, yes, one of her quotes is "For Alm" but that's one quote out of like, 10. And in the Heroes trailer, there's a very short clip of her mentioning something about getting better with her bow probably to impress Alm. But hey, if the localization tames her crush with Alm a bit, and maybe change her ending, i think we can be happy. After all, 8-4 is doing the localization and in Awakening they made Gregor a Russian, as well as making Henry actually likable imo.

Also, i do agree with you regarding one-note characters, in how not all of them are bad. Besides the ones you mentioned, another example of a great one-note character is Arthur. His entire character revolves around bad luck but it's genuinely funny. As for Catria, i wouldn't worry. I mean, she might mention Marth in her Support Conversations with her sisters but seeing as how Marth isn't in this game, he probably won't be her focus. In fact, if i remember correctly, Catria's crush wasn't really a thing until Mystery of the Emblem, which takes place after Gaiden/Echoes.
I am 100% certain that those 4 bonus maps will be inspired by BS Fire Emblem, which also had 4 maps that took place before the game's events. Similar to BS Fire Emblem, I think the 4 maps will focus on a few characters each map.
I'm predicting that 1 map will focus on Zeke washing onto Valentia and Meeting Rudolph and Tatiana, another focuses on the 3 whitewings losing Est to Grieth, 1 Map explaining the backstory of Kamui, Valibar, and Leon, and the final map focusing on Clive, Python, and Forsyth. I'm certain that something like the Villager's fork will be given for completing these maps.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Uh, that Heroes trailer didn't say when the Echoes focus is starting, did it?

I've got a ton of orbs and I'm getting really anxious about summoning, but I really don't want any of the Easter characters.
The Echoes Banner starts tomorow.

I am 100% certain that those 4 bonus maps will be inspired by BS Fire Emblem, which also had 4 maps that took place before the game's events. Similar to BS Fire Emblem, I think the 4 maps will focus on a few characters each map.
I'm predicting that 1 map will focus on Zeke washing onto Valentia and Meeting Rudolph and Tatiana, another focuses on the 3 whitewings losing Est to Grieth, 1 Map explaining the backstory of Kamui, Valibar, and Leon, and the final map focusing on Clive, Python, and Forsyth. I'm certain that something like the Villager's fork will be given for completing these maps.
Oh yeah, the Villager's Fork is a thing. For those who don't know, the Villager's Fork basically allows non-Dread Fighters to promote into Villager for infinite leveling and reclassing.

I wonder if one of those maps also unlocks Lunatic. Lunatic is in the game's coding but strangely enough, not an option. So maybe it's DLC. Now, before you get mad at a lack of Lunatic mode, rememher that Echoes, even on Normal, actually gets hard.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WONDERFUL
That's a reference

And yesterday I just spent all the stamina in the morning and didn't open the game until night and it still didn't have full stamina back FellsGoodMan
But the Stamina Potions just got 10 times less valuable now, didn't they?

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WONDERFUL
That's a reference

And yesterday I just spent all the stamina in the morning and didn't open the game until night and it still didn't have full stamina back FellsGoodMan
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE LATE JULY AAAAAHHHH I WANT HER NOW

I really hope she's not hard to get a hold of.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just rolled 40 orbs and didn't get a single focus character, but I did get a 5-star Roy at least. Although I already have 5-star Lucina, Eirika, and Lyn to cover infantry sword fighters...I really with they gave the SS twins horses in this game.

I got 4-star Caeda and Catria to cover my lack of fliers, but now that I look at her, Catria's artist drew her in an, um, interesting pose, probably to show off her butt. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Oh well, typical anime shenanigans I guess. Not like I'll be caught dead playing Heroes or Awakening/Fates in public these days anyway. Here's to hoping Echoes fixes the game's screwed up fanbase.
They give 99 stamina now, so they'll still be really usefull when we really need them, like with Grand Hero Battles.

...Of course, with our luck, they'll double the stamina cost of those too.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I too tried Summoning today and i got literally no one new. I did get a 4-Star Sophia but i already have a Lv.40 5-Star Sophia. Ah well, that 4-Star Sophia can be sacrificed for Skills.

The is the first banner where i really want all four of the Focuses. I want Alm because Alm's amazing, I want Faye because she's cute even if her personality is a little bit controversial at the moment, and I want Lukas and Clair because I really need a good Blue Unit.

Also, Alm's Windsweep Skill basically just shuts down every non-ranged unit enemy unit during the player phase by not letting them counterattack. I can definitely see Alm climbing to the top the tier list.

Faye has a similar Skill with her Firesweep Bow, except that she can't counterattack during the enemy phase.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
The dream is ded, the flying green tome is gone.
I will just start to hold on to these orbs too now, even though I still don't have the characters I wanted for either a Fates or a Blazing Blade team, I─I just give up....
I am not interested in the Echoes people anyway, so I will keep all my orbs for probably a good time before spending on those Stahls again.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So I took a look at the generic Dread Fighter portrait and

The Dread Fighter just looks like something out of Naruto. Well, I suppose it makes sense, as Dread Fighters were the original Fire Emblem ninjas after all.

Also, an interesting thing about the generic enemy units in Echoes is that there are both male and female generic enemies.

I am not interested in the Echoes people anyway
Are you not getting the game?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Also, an interesting thing about the generic enemy units in Echoes is that there are both male and female generic enemies.
That's actually really nice. I've always found it odd that the player's army was a mix of male and female characters while the enemy's army is all male aside from the odd cleric or pegasus knight.

And here's to hoping FE Switch gets rid of genderlocked classes for good. Fates got so close, but they just had to ruin it with DLC and genderlocked weapons of all things.

...I'm so sorry for ranting about Fates all the time. With any luck, Echoes will calm the rage of my inner elitist and do away with that for a while.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I just found the funniest video of the week for me: a meme relating to Subaki's appearance in the recent voting gauntlet.

The editing is on point with this video as well!

I also found this funny meme related to Subaki's appearance in the voting gauntlet:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wait, there were genderlocked weapons?
Yeah, namely Arthur's Axe and Camilla's Axe. In the Japanese version, they were Harold's "Manly" Axe and Camilla's "Sexy" Axe, just to rub salt in the wound. I guess it's supposed to be humorous, because Arthur and Camilla have exaggeratedly idealized body shapes, but there's no reason a reclassed Forrest should be able to use a "manly" weapon when Hinoka can't, or why Midori can use a "sexy" weapon when Niles can't.

l'm not actually that angry about it (especially compared to Awakening's Dread Fighter / Bride situation), but I still find it silly, especially since it was in the first game with female fighters and male pegasus knights.

Last edited:

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
The thing that annoyed me most in Fates was that the Grandmaster class was male only, despite being unisex in Awakening.

Speaking of Fates, I've recently been replaying it and I forgot how much I love it. Writing could have definitely been better, but I don't think the story is as bad as most consider it. I think its problem is more so that it does an awful job at explaining things, making a lot of things seem unclear and making the player make a lot assumptions because of it. As an example, I've been debating for a while on why Gunter is possessed by Anankos in Revelations but not in Conquest, considering it a big plot hole for the longest time. Then someone brought up that it most likely has to do with Takumi being possessed instead in Conquest, which actually makes a lot of sense. Seems obvious in hindsight, but as far as I know the game doesn't go into much detail on Anankos' possession abilities.

Anyhow, Corrin. I don't know why, but I absolutely love this character. I don't think they are a bad character at all, though I do think most characters worship them a little too much. I suppose that's to be expected from the Chosen One archetype though, which Corrin (and Robin, as well) fall under. I think Conquest is where they truly shine. A naive and idealistic person that wants to avoid bloodshed and attempts to solve things diplomatically whenever possible, but by the end of it had to do some very nasty stuff to achieve peace. It is heavily implied that most of the generic soldiers Corrin and the gang fight during the actual invasion of Hoshido (Chapter 22 and onwards) actually perish. In fact, Orochi, Reina, Scarlet, Hinata, Oboro, Saizo, and Kagero all die in Conquest, with all but the first three being by Corrin's hands. A lot of people call foul on Conquest's plot (which I actually found the most interesting out of the three), but it's idea of slowly breaking the main character and making them sacrifice their ideals and all they've been fighting for up till that point for the greater good was an interesting idea. Of course, Corrin doesn't truly crack, but the damage done by the war was a noticeable on them, at least to me. By the end of it the poor thing had lost their innocence.

Corrin is pretty great imo.

As an aside, I've seen a lot of people across the internet hate Corrin because they don't suffer consequences for their actions. I don't know about you, but losing two siblings (both Birthright and Conquest) and sacrificing your ideals and everything you stand for by (arguably forced into) slaying a majority of the Hoshidan army (in the case of Conquest) sound like pretty big consequences to me.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Idk, the thing that bugs me about Conquest's plot is that they kind of give a poor reason for Corrin to go along with the invasion of Hoshido. Yeah, proof is nice, but does one really need to find proof that Garon is a monster (both figuratively and literally), especially when said proof requires him to get his ass in the throne room of the nation he wants to conquer? I would think that at least Xander and Leo could be convinced to fight against him (and I mean before endgame), and if they do, then Elise and Camilla would roll with it too. Why was this the way they thought was best to do it? Though this kind of brings me to my issue with the overall story of Birthright+Conquest:

The choice is kind of the same. Both Conquest and Birthright are essentially "invade the other kingdom to stop Garon, kill two of your siblings along the way". And then on top of this is the fact that the royal siblings are all kinda similar to each other. Xander and Ryoma are kind of the same character. So are Hinoka+Camilla, and Leo+Takumi, and Sakura+Elise. I'm sure people will tell me they're not the same, but the basis of their characters really are, despite whatever differences they may have. For a game where the most heavily marketed (story) point is the choice you have to make at Chapter 6, I was expecting there to be more differences, more....ramifications for my choice. I wanted the game to make me kind of regret my choice to side with just one or the other, but realize that Corrin has to make a choice and regardless of your choice, not everything is going to go perfectly. And idk, it kind of didn't do that for me.

Revelations is clearly not the same as Birthright/Conquest, but it has its own issues.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Anyhow, Corrin. I don't know why, but I absolutely love this character. I don't think they are a bad character at all, though I do think most characters worship them a little too much. I suppose that's to be expected from the Chosen One archetype though, which Corrin (and Robin, as well) fall under. I think Conquest is where they truly shine. A naive and idealistic person that wants to avoid bloodshed and attempts to solve things diplomatically whenever possible, but by the end of it had to do some very nasty stuff to achieve peace. It is heavily implied that most of the generic soldiers Corrin and the gang fight during the actual invasion of Hoshido (Chapter 22 and onwards) actually perish. In fact, Orochi, Reina, Scarlet, Hinata, Oboro, Saizo, and Kagero all die in Conquest, with all but the first three being by Corrin's hands. A lot of people call foul on Conquest's plot (which I actually found the most interesting out of the three), but it's idea of slowly breaking the main character and making them sacrifice their ideals and all they've been fighting for up till that point for the greater good was an interesting idea. Of course, Corrin doesn't truly crack, but the damage done by the war was a noticeable on them, at least to me. By the end of it the poor thing had lost their innocence.

Corrin is pretty great imo.

As an aside, I've seen a lot of people across the internet hate Corrin because they don't suffer consequences for their actions. I don't know about you, but losing two siblings (both Birthright and Conquest) and sacrificing your ideals and everything you stand for by (arguably forced into) slaying a majority of the Hoshidan army (in the case of Conquest) sound like pretty big consequences to me.
This. Corrin does indeed suffer the consequences for his actions, and he also struggles he eventually overcomes. Unlike a certain overrated Lord *cough* Sigurd *cough*. Like, Sigurd barely struggled in FE4. He was always just this perfect knight who could do everything. He had no weaknesses, both story-wise and gameplay-wise (unless you count Horseslayers but those are rare). The one time Sigurd actually struggles is when Deidre gets kidnapped by Manfroy, but that was mostly her fault for leaving the castle when Sigurd told her not to. And the thing about Sigurd's one and only struggle is, he never gets to overcome it because he gets one-shot by Arvis at the end of Ch.5.

Corrin, on the other hand, does struggle a lot, and does suffer consequences. In Conquest, his Supports with Azura involve him having nightmares about the Hoshidians he has had to kill. And of course, there's him losing siblings on both paths,

I will say that what probably ruined Conquest's story for most people was the whole crystal ball thing. Like, you could've literally just removed the crystal ball, and Conquest's story is suddenly much better.

My main complaint with Fates' story though, is how Hoshido is always painted as the pure angels and Nohr is always painted as the evil demons. The story was supposed to be morally gray but it wasn't. No matter which path you join, Hoshido is always seen as good, and Nohr is always seen as evil.

In FE Echoes, the conflict between Zofia and Rigel is basically Hoshido vs Nohr but done right.

D

Deleted member

My biggest complaint with the story in Fates is the fact that there isn't a gray area at all in terms of the conflict.
I mean Conquest has an interesting premise, but you can't help but feel like what you are doing in the story was unjustified. Hoshido is seen as the "good guys" and Nohr is seen as the "bad guys." Now that isn't totally the case with Nohr with the siblings and who you recruit, but that evil feeling is still there with Garon, Hans, and Iago.
I know Hoshido has done some unjust things, such as kidnapping Azura, but they treat her just fine and she says that she prefers to stay with Hoshido despite being her kidnappers. Hoshido is just seen as this peace loving area that I can't help but think that there were better ways to stop Garon in Conquest, because I don't think conquering Hoshido was the best choice.
The first time I played Birthright, one quote that heavily bothered me was between Silas and Ryoma in one Chapter. Silas mentions to Ryoma that Nohr's resources are low, which is why they are trying to conquer Hoshido, but Ryoma resolves that by basically saying, "I didn't know, but I will help Nohr after the war." I know Garon wants to conquer Hoshido to destroy it, but why does no one from Nohr in Izumo tell any of the Hoshidans about their lack of resources? That could've helped. I felt like this quote was just off-putting and the war was unjust, especially when Hoshido did nothing wrong really.
I also don't like how Corrin isn't related to any of the Hoshido siblings by blood. I knew that would be the case since the beginning, but it's almost like the people you are joining are total strangers. Still, they did have some time with Corrin before they got kidnapped...
and their mother is the queen of Hoshido, Mikoto.

tl;dr The conflict is poorly told because Nohr is clearly evil and Hoshido is clearly good. Honestly, Hoshido is the better of the two paths to achieve peace, of course not including Revelation.

Nah

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, about this bit:

I also don't like how Corrin isn't related to any of the Hoshido siblings by blood. I knew that would be the case since the beginning, but it's almost like the people you are joining are total strangers. Still, they did have some time with Corrin before they got kidnapped...
and their mother is the queen of Hoshido, Mikoto.
I had figured that Corrin was blood-related to Takumi and Sakura at least. The age order is supposed to be Ryoma--Hinoka--Corrin--Takumi--Sakura. And in Revelations Sumeragi mentions that when he first met Mikoto, she was holding baby Corrin, and he fell in love with Mikoto at first sight. I had assumed that at the time Takumi and Sakura were not born yet and that the wife he had who gave birth to Ryoma and Hinoka had died or something. And that then Sumeragi and Mikoto had Takumi and Sakura, making those two Corrin half-siblings.

Or did I miss something that disproves my idea?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Oh yeah, about this bit:

I had figured that Corrin was blood-related to Takumi and Sakura at least. The age order is supposed to be Ryoma--Hinoka--Corrin--Takumi--Sakura. And in Revelations Sumeragi mentions that when he first met Mikoto, she was holding baby Corrin, and he fell in love with Mikoto at first sight. I had assumed that at the time Takumi and Sakura were not born yet and that the wife he had who gave birth to Ryoma and Hinoka had died or something. And that then Sumeragi and Mikoto had Takumi and Sakura, making those two Corrin half-siblings.

Or did I miss something that disproves my idea?
I think Takumi and Sakura were already born, but Corrin was born before them, so when Mikoto married into the Hoshidan Royal Family, Corrin technically became the older sibling.

I wish Fates did the thing Echoes is doing with giving all playable characters canonical ages. Because even though Corrin is older than Takumi, Leo, Sakura, and Elise, he still looks about the same age. In fact, Leo and Takumi look older than Corrin.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
For the most part, I enjoyed Fates's plots. I preferred Birthright's plot, because I felt everything was well executed and well motivated. As others have mentioned, it would have been an improvement to have some moral ambiguity to the situation, so it's not just good vs. evil. But, as it were, I feel the plot works best with Birthright, because you're on the side of good fighting the cartoon villain of Garon. Standard fantasy fare, with good characters.

With Conquest, the premise is more interesting--choosing to side with evil in an attempt to create reform on the inside. However, the plot suffers a bit because Garon is just obviously totally evil, so the royals don't seem properly motivated to follow him. I think it would've benefited immensely if we could've saw some remnant of the goodness Garon used to have, so we could've known what the other royals were talking about.

I considered Revelations to largely be fanservice, where you get to have all the fun of playing with all the characters, pairing them up however you wish, etc., and you have more maps to play. The coming together of the two armies didn't totally make sense, but whatever.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Fates story broke down for a lot of reasons, but one of my least favorite ones was that it depended on characters not making any sense. From Azura's poor decision making in Revelations/Conquest to Xander's poorly explained "justice is an illusion" BS, I just couldn't understand most character's thought processes. And Iago and Garon were lazily written villains if I've ever seen them.

The game's story also lacked the military strategy and country interactions, which used to be a staple of FE's stories. Heck, Radiant Dawn's story probably would of been no better then Awakening's if it weren't for that. Say what you will, but Chrom and Lucina are way more interesting characters then Ike and Miciah, and Blood Contracts are almost as BS a plot device as the curse that keeps Azura from talking about Valla.

And about the whole Hoshidan sibling fiasco? I seriously doubt the writers put in any thought into that. It was clearly just BSed in last moment to try to justify waifu-emblem.
Speaking of Fates, I've recently been replaying it and I forgot how much I love it. Writing could have definitely been better, but I don't think the story is as bad as most consider it. I think its problem is more so that it does an awful job at explaining things, making a lot of things seem unclear and making the player make a lot assumptions because of it. As an example, I've been debating for a while on why Gunter is possessed by Anankos in Revelations but not in Conquest, considering it a big plot hole for the longest time. Then someone brought up that it most likely has to do with Takumi being possessed instead in Conquest, which actually makes a lot of sense. Seems obvious in hindsight, but as far as I know the game doesn't go into much detail on Anankos' possession
That still doesn't really make sense though, because Gunter joins in Revelations immediately after the split. There's no way he wouldn't of already been possessed by Gunter's death.

...I feel like Corrin did have some moments, but is such a Mary-Sueish character that it alround ruined them for me. I know Mary Sue is an obnoxious term to throw around, but Corrin really does match the description, from being a bad self-insert to the player to their main character flaw being "they're too trusting". The whole world revolves arouns him/her, and to a greater degree then any FE protagonist before them.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
From Azura's poor decision making in Revelations/Conquest
I'm actually gonna defend this little part here, because, at least for me, I don't think that a main character has to always be smart. In a lot of anime, especially shounen anime, the main character is usually an idiot (see Goku, Luffy, Natsu, Naruto, etc), and yet, they and the stories are still likable. Now, Fates' story has it's problems but I don't agree on "main character's intelligence" being one of them.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm actually gonna defend this little part here, because, at least for me, I don't think that a main character has to always be smart. In a lot of anime, especially shounen anime, the main character is usually an idiot (see Goku, Luffy, Natsu, Naruto, etc), and yet, they and the stories are still likable. Now, Fates' story has it's problems but I don't agree on "main character's intelligence" being one of them.
Unlike the likes of Ash Ketchum or Natsu, however, Azura and Xander aren't intentionally written as idiots. They just make stupid decisions because the story is written poorly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom