• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I just ran into my first Vantage Takumi in the arena. Screw this game.
"Time to tip the -"
"Shut up Robin."
Man, don't get me started with that bull****. The last five or so Arena matches I had, they all had Takumi with Vantage in their group. The third one I faced ****ed up my winning streak and I simply just put my phone away and said **** this. I kept wondering why this happened to me...
I TOLD YOU! I DOUBLE TOLD YOU!!!!
This game is evil, man. EVIL....
It's like a mistress that keeps beating you and you keep coming back :^)
But she will always attack first.

D

Deleted member

I just ran into my first Vantage Takumi in the arena. Screw this game.
Man, don't get me started with that bull****. The last five or so Arena matches I had, they all had Takumi with Vantage in their group. The third one I faced ****ed up my winning streak and I simply just put my phone away and said **** this. I kept wondering why this happened to me...
Good, good!
I am part of the problem... my Takumi has vantage. :p

Nowadays, I see a lot of Hectors... I'm envious because I want Hector so badly and yet every battle or so I see him and I can never get him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Vantage Takumi isn't that much of a problem now because Alm and Faye exist. Alm has Windsweep and Faye has the Firesweep Bow. Both can attack a Vantage Takumi without getting struck back (though Alm can't double with Windsweep and i hear Faye's speed is mediocre so she can't always double).

I say this but i have neither of them though Sanaki typically breaks Takumis due to high attack.

D

Deleted member

Vantage Takumi isn't that much of a problem now because Alm and Faye exist. Alm has Windsweep and Faye has the Firesweep Bow. Both can attack a Vantage Takumi without getting struck back (though Alm can't double with Windsweep and i hear Faye's speed is mediocre so she can't always double).

I say this but i have neither of them though Sanaki typically breaks Takumis due to high attack.
I was never afraid of Takumi to be quite honest.
I've had a Robin, an optimal Robin from what I've been told, and he won most duels against Takumi. Now with skill inheritance, Takumi is a nonissue thanks to my Robin having Triangle Adept.

I can see how Vantage Takumi can be a struggle for most people, especially those who don't have counters for him.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
In all fairness Advantage Robin is also hell on Earth for poor normal Takumis who are not evil enough to kill a friend and steal his ability like that....

Ok, now let's talk sisters. I got Est and Catria from the quests (already had Palla), spent 4K freaking feathers on them, put them on lv 20 and went to grind town for a few days.
They are almost, almost at level 40 and I ask myself.... WHEN WILL THEY LEVEL UP THEIR STATS TOO???
Every unit is supposed to have balanced stats or have a better than normal stat in detriment of another one, right? But if they are leveling up almost nothing in almost every level then WTF? And I thought Roy was bad smfh.

EDIT: ASFJASKLFJLA AGAIN!! IT HAPPENED AGAIN! Catria only got SP yet again. gg wp best character would spend my feathers again....

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
In all fairness Advantage Robin is also hell on Earth for poor normal Takumis who are not evil enough to kill a friend and steal his ability like that....

Ok, now let's talk sisters. I got Est and Catria from the quests (already had Palla), spent 4K freaking feathers on them, put them on lv 20 and went to grind town for a few days.
They are almost, almost at level 40 and I ask myself.... WHEN WILL THEY LEVEL UP THEIR STATS TOO???
Every unit is supposed to have balanced stats or have a better than normal stat in detriment of another one, right? But if they are leveling up almost nothing in almost every level then WTF? And I thought Roy was bad smfh.

EDIT: ASFJASKLFJLA AGAIN!! IT HAPPENED AGAIN! Catria only got SP yet again. gg wp best character would spend my feathers again....
I think you're just getting RNG screwed. Like, big time.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

You said so yourself before. The game is evil. :laugh:

Speaking of the sisters, I only needed Catria, which I got her from the quests since I already have Palla and Est. I level grinded her and learn all the skills she has before I promoted her to a 4-star character and now she's already at Lv. 33.

So far, I did three summon sets since the new banner came out. Only got four new characters overall, all of them 4-stars: Marth, Cain, Tiki (adult) and Jakob. Didn't get any of the focus ones, unfortunately, but oh well.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I think you're just getting RNG screwed. Like, big time.
One nice thing about this game is that you can't be RNG screwed. Your level 40 stats are predetermined, so you can know what they'll be just by looking at the level 1 stats!

Didn't get any of the focus ones, unfortunately, but oh well.
Of course not. The RNG Goddess is evil. =P

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
We have more footage of the Fire Emblem Echoes English copy. This time, it's 10 minutes of gameplay from Gamespot.

Mainly shows some battle dialogue, but we do get a story scene where Alm meets Python at the Deliverance Hideout for the first time.

Python sounds great, and so does Silque. Silque no longer has a high-pitched voice, but it doesn't rub the wrong way compared to the Felicia controversy in the pre-release days.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Oh yeah, did I mention DLC was announced? I mean, we knew it was coming thanks to the Direct, but after the Echoes' official release, it was datamined for like the fifth time and we found what the DLC contains.
  1. Temple of Stars: Allows you to get Starpsphere Shards which basically work the same way they did in Mystery of the Emblem/New Mystery.
  2. Golden Dream: Allows you to farm Silver and Gold Marks which can be used for forging. Silver and Gold Marks are the only real form of currency in this game.
  3. Funeral of Fury: It's the EXP map.
Set 2 is basically the same as Set 1 but better???? I don't know, i'm confused. Set 3 is where it gets really interesting.
Set 3 contains 14 Maps. 10 of the 14 are for getting new Classes, which, by the looks of it, appear to be the first time we'll be seeing 4th-Tier Classes.
Note: We don't have any stats for these, just the sprites and names.
  • Lance Knight:
    The Cavalier's "Over-Class" as the game calls it.
  • Shielded Giant:
    The Soldier's Over-Class
  • Black Crane:
    The Pegasus Knight's Over-Class. Is that a Wyvern though? Echoes currently doesn't have Wyvern Riders. Heck, Wyverns don't even exist in Valentia. They do, but only after Valentia becomes Valm 2000 years later.
  • Shadowy Maiden:
    The Mage's Over-Class, if the Mage is female.
  • Virtuous Enchantress:
    The Cleric's Over-Class
  • Fearsome Warlord:
    The Mercenary's Over-Class
  • War Elephant:
    The Archer's Over-Class. Yo, if we get to ride elephants in this game, Echoes is automatically the best Fire Emblem.
  • Scholarly Sage:
    The Mage's Over-Class, if the Mage is male.
  • Noble Queen:
    Celica's exclusive Over-Class
  • Grand Conqueror:
    Alm's exclusive Over-Class.
Alm. Conqueror (not really but that Class name is). You know who else was a Conqueror who was of Valentian/Valmese origin? Walhart. It looks like those theories of Walhart being Alm's descendant may be true after all.

Oh btw, in the case of Alm and Celica, their Over-Classes would be 3rd-Tier, as Alm and Celica only promote once.

In addition to those maps (btw, those 10 maps are called "Altar of the *insert Over-Class here*), there are four new prolouge maps that focus on the Deliverance. The first one, Battle of Zofia Port, seems to focus on a playable Fernand. The second one, South Fort Rescue Mission will focus on Lukas. The third, Escaping the Underground Ruins, will focus on Clair, while the last one, Defense of Zofia Castle, will focus on Clive.
Ok, this one, we may not get, because it seems to feature the four original FE Cipher characters.The FE Cipher series is Japan-exclusive. I suppose NoA and NoE could market these four characters as "brand new" but don't get your hopes up. The two maps here are
  • The Lost Girl and the Vagabond, which seems to focus on Emma and Lando
  • The Dark Saint and the Swordswoman, which seems to focus on Shade and Yuzu.

So, what do you think? Are you excited for these maps? I am. Especially for the possible elephant.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hold on...final tier classes being restricted to pre-planned DLC? Even if they're cool and all, that still doesn't seem right to me. It seems like each FE game gets progressively greedier with its DLC.

Those DLC maps better be harder then the endgame maps to justify it to me. I really dislike pay-to-win.

...About the whole elephant thing, I think it's just a reference to pachyderm ballista from previous FEs. I believe that it was even called an elephant in the Japanese version. That sprite looks more like a horse.

The Dark Crane looks like its just riding on a black pegasus to me, expecially with the feathered wings. It's probably in reference to Dark Fliers.

Last edited:

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
4th tier classes seems overkill for the main campaign. It's really for if you're doing all the dlc/ the exp map because i doubt the game will be that long normally that you'll cap everyone out in third tier before endgame and need the 4th tiers. although i would have liked it if some of the classes that currently don't have 3rd tiers get a 3rd tier.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Those DLC maps better be harder then the endgame maps to justify it to me. I really dislike pay-to-win.
I mean, the game's difficulty really starts to kick in at around Ch.3. The difficulty isn't Radiant Dawn or Conquest level though. From what I hear, it's a bit harder than Sacred Stones' Hard Mode.

That being said, the post-game chapter is the hardest part of the game, from what I hear. Even on Normal, even with max stats, it's still a challenge. But I don't think it reaches Radiant Dawn levels of hard. It's probably like, Hector Hard Mode level of hard (which i have not played so i can't say for certain). The 4th-tier Classes will certainly be helpful for that.

4th tier classes seems overkill for the main campaign. It's really for if you're doing all the dlc/ the exp map because i doubt the game will be that long normally that you'll cap everyone out in third tier before endgame and need the 4th tiers. although i would have liked it if some of the classes that currently don't have 3rd tiers get a 3rd tier.
Due to the low growth rates, you'll be lucky if you cap out even just one stat in the first place. You'll be lucky just to see a perfect level up. Yeah, Echoes' growth rates aren't the inflated ones you'd see in Awakening and Fates.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

Mwahahahahaha.
I love Sanaki for this reason. Her insane atk is just too funny.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I do have this lv. 1 5* Sanaki here that I guess is about to start going to the GYM now....
One nice thing about this game is that you can't be RNG screwed. Your level 40 stats are predetermined, so you can know what they'll be just by looking at the level 1 stats!
That's why I talked about every unit being either perfectly balanced or having worse stats in exchange for better other ones. I can't wait to see wth is their nature, because they are not leveling up anything basically, they get Gaiden treatment when they level up, seriously.

EDIT: Well my Sanaki happen to be a low attack high resistance nature, ain't I a lucky little boy?
Is it even worth taking her to the GYM now? I do already have a complete Robin and a lv. 2 5* Tharja sitting on the bench too.

Last edited:

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
Due to the low growth rates, you'll be lucky if you cap out even just one stat in the first place. You'll be lucky just to see a perfect level up. Yeah, Echoes' growth rates aren't the inflated ones you'd see in Awakening and Fates.
i was talking in terms of capping levels rather than stats but I'm definitely happy to see the change to growth rates back to their pre 3ds standards. It makes it easier to keep track of, and remember level ups and makes each stat up feel more important compared to the 3ds standards where getting a lot of stats in 1 level up was a common occurence.

Astellius

Smash Ace
That's why I talked about every unit being either perfectly balanced or having worse stats in exchange for better other ones. I can't wait to see wth is their nature, because they are not leveling up anything basically, they get Gaiden treatment when they level up, seriously.
Characters obtained from quests are balanced, so no boon/bane. Summoned characters always have a boon/bane. So the Whitewings you got from the quests are balanced.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
This is too accurate
I saw that one. So freaking perfect.

EDIT: Well my Sanaki happen to be a low attack high resistance nature, ain't I a lucky little boy?
Is it even worth taking her to the GYM now? I do already have a complete Robin and a lv. 2 5* Tharja sitting on the bench too.
Well, that sucks, as her high atk is her most redeeming attribute. I'd honestly bench her.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It still doesn't sit well with me that all the DLC has super powerful rewards. Even if I do change my mind on them, then what? I'll have a bunch of super powerful units and nothing worthy to use them on. This DLC doesn't look like it'll spice up later playthroughs so much as it will just make them easier.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
You're going to have to explain Beruka's to me though, I'm not sure why it's Snake Eater.
Oh, it was Snake Eater? I didn't know that either.

Massive Edit: So a new trailer dropped for Echoes
There are like, so many errors here. Why is Silque a Sage? Not only can she not access the Class, she's also in the male model of it. Why is Mae using Excalibur? Why is Clair fighting "Alm's Army"? None of this was in the Japanese version of Echoes btw. And this is the first time we're seeing these errors at all. If this was done for the sake of the trailer, that's false advertising. I wouldn't mind Mae being able to learn Excalibur tho.

Last edited:

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
So yesterday I was feeling a bit down and decided to roll more Heroes. Then this happened:

IMG_5915.PNG

Needless to say, it lifted my mood considerably. ^w^

And about Echoes, it seems to be every bit as divisive as the original was. I have a feeling post release is going to be quite the wild ride.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So yesterday I was feeling a bit down and decided to roll more Heroes. Then this happened:

Needless to say, it lifted my mood considerably. ^w^

And about Echoes, it seems to be every bit as divisive as the original was. I have a feeling post release is going to be quite the wild ride.
Every time i see someone pull Azura in Heroes, I die a little inside. She's legit, most wanted character and I still can't get her.

Edit: it wouldn't be so bad if Orbs weren't near impossible to get.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Whatever happens, I just hope it doesn't make the FE fanbase more of a mess then it already is.

I know I've said this a thouasand timea already, but I'm really nervous about FE's future.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So i just got the dreaded Heroes Error 803-3001 again. After like, two months of not seeing it. And of course, i checked Google Play and they just decided that my phone isn't compatible with the game.....again. *Sigh* get your things together, Google. You too IS, if the problem is coming from you.

Update: it's working now.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
I promoted Reinhardt to 5-stars, and he's pretty incredible. I axed Klein to give him Death Blow, and now he just pretty much wipes out anything he strikes. I also decided to try putting a Gronnblade tome on Cecilia, and now she's broken with the Hone & Goad Cavalry buffs. I'll probably up her to 5-stars when I get enough feathers.

Astellius

Smash Ace
They're re-running some of the Grand Hero Battles, also with a lot of rather challenging quests. When the Robin GHB ran the first time, I didn't have the units to beat it with. It was a piece of cake this time, and the quests allow you pick up even more copies of the characters. So it's great if you couldn't beat them the first time around; I hope they do it for the other ones too! The quests were fun too, adding another level of difficulty to the situations. One of the quests requires you to beat Navarre's map with Robin on your team, but she's totally useless in that map. So, basically, it's build a strategy to beat the map with only 3 characters.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh boy, I am not ready for those quest. I haven't trained up Navarre or Female Robin at all. The fact that they each give only one orb is kind of disappointing considering how crazy Grand Hero Battles can be, but I suppose I shouldn't be complaining about more orb opportunities.

Edit: Now that I'm grinding them up, I realized that they're both kind of wimpy. Even though they both frequently double, Navarre only does good damage on low defense enemies, and Robin's damage is pathetic against anything but low resistance enemies. Even when getting bonus damage and doubling, she still often falls short of the kill. Maybe it's because she 3-stars, and maybe she has -attack nature, but she still still doesn't leave a good impression on me. I definitely won't be boosting her up to 4-stars in the future.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Nuff said.

Also, RIP Celica and friends. Unlike Alm and friends, they are not in Heroes yet. Press F to pay respects.

F.

Also, i was gonna do a last minute summon for either Alm or Faye but Ike is on his way, so i gotta wait. Sorry Alm, sorry Faye. And sorry, Clair and Lukas.

Edit: oh yeah, new story chapter, finally. That'll earn us a decent amount of Orbs.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Nuff said.

Also, RIP Celica and friends. Unlike Alm and friends, they are not in Heroes yet. Press F to pay respects.

F.

Also, i was gonna do a last minute summon for either Alm or Faye but Ike is on his way, so i gotta wait. Sorry Alm, sorry Faye. And sorry, Clair and Lukas.

Edit: oh yeah, new story chapter, finally. That'll earn us a decent amount of Orbs.
I can't believe it. They actually changed Ike's voice actor. He's no longer Jason Adkins. They were very consistent with him.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I can't believe it. They actually changed Ike's voice actor. He's no longer Jason Adkins. They were very consistent with him.
To be fair, this is Path of Radiance Ike, and the new voice actor sounds like a slightly younger Ike, which makes sense, because Path of Radiance Ike is three years younger than Radiant Dawn Ike.

D

Deleted member

Nuff said.

F.

I feel mixed about this because I know they are just going to release Celica after this.
Glad Ike is in finally, though.
Guess I'll use my Orbs to get him.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wow, PoR before round two of Echoes? Huh, they really aren't making as huge of a deal out of the game launch as I thought they would. Seems like they're more focused on trickling in more characters from a variety of games. Similar to the Blazing Shadows banner, I wouldn't be surprised if our next batch of characters is also from a game already represented at launch. At least now people can finally stop giving poor Sanaki a hard time for being the only Tellius character in the game, she's already got enough on her hands being the 13-year-old Empress and all.

Ike would be cool to have, but between Eirika, Lyn, and Lucina, I think I'm covered on the red infantry front. He's got a really good-looking skill combination, though. Heavy Blade + Sword Breaker + Aether sounds absolutely devastating. He could probably trigger Aether really fast.

I'm really not fond of Mist's artwork at all. She's got a really bad case of freaky anime face this time around, just like Est. Hold on, are they by the same artist? I'm too lazy to check.

Soren would only have Julia to compete with as my 5-star green mage, so he could be worth it...but without a special tome, he seems dependent on Water Sweep, which would make him a really situational unit.

Titania would be the character that'd really match my current character list, as I lack a 5-star cavalry axe wielder. Heck, Michalis is my only 5-star axe fighter period. Her skill set doesn't look outstanding, but that's nothing a little bit of inheritance can't fix. And cavaliers are just all around amazing in this game, where every single tile makes a massive difference.

I guess I'll be rolling for green first, red second. Because the RNGoddess knows I need even more red units...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Nuff said.

F.

Great that we're finally getting Ike.

I'm surprised that we didn't get Celica and friends with this one. Seems like her Focus event will probably happen after to this one to tie in with Echoes' international release.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Nuff said.

F.

Took them long enough to put Ike and the other Tellius characters in Heroes.
Good thing I have enough orbs for another summon or two in an attempt to get him.
If they're keeping Celica and the others waiting until Echoes comes out, then I'm down with that.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Yeah, they are probably saving Celica and friends for when the rest of the world gets Echoes.

On that note, i'm surprised that Elincia isn't in the new banner but this new banner, despite being Path of Radiance, seems to be specifically focusing on the Greil Mercenaries. So Elincia will like have her own banner, probably sharing it with other Crimean characters.

Ike would be cool to have, but between Eirika, Lyn, and Lucina, I think I'm covered on the red infantry front. He's got a really good-looking skill combination, though. Heavy Blade + Sword Breaker + Aether sounds absolutely devastating. He could probably trigger Aether really fast.
Don't forget Ragnell has built-in Distant Counter.

I'm really not fond of Mist's artwork at all. She's got a really bad case of freaky anime face this time around, just like Est. Hold on, are they by the same artist? I'm too lazy to check.
Yep. Same artist. Her name is Miwabe Sakura. I don't mind the artstyle, i think both Est and Mist look cute. Though i suppose you'll only really like the moe/chibi artstyle if you watch anime at least regularly.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Nice! We're finally getting some Tellius characters! As for Celica, I'm sure they're going to time that banner with the release of Echoes. I didn't spend any orbs on the Alm banner, I haven't played Gaiden, so it's not like I'm going to be super hyped about those characters in particular. Also, if they do the Celica banner when the game is available, then people can actually go out and buy the game if they're interested.

Top Bottom