• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
So the Navarre event started today and
WHY IN MEYNETH'S NAME ARE THESE LUNATIC GRAND HERO BATTLES BORDERLINE IMPOSSIBLE?! GETTING A 3-STAR NAVARRE IS EASIER THAN STEALING CANDY FROM A BABY BUT TRYING TO GET A 4-STAR VERSION OF HIM IS LIKE TRYING TO COMPLETE AWAKENING LUNATIC+ WITH NO CASUALTIES AND NO RESETS!

Whew. Ok. So, here's the thing. The enemy units themselves aren't that hard. What makes the map so challenging is the trees. The trees in Heroes are like desert spaces in the original Gaiden: they restrict everything (except fliers) to one movement, so trying to fall back is impossible. Another thing that makes the map so challenging is the stupid "no Light's Blessing" rule. Everything has to be perfect.

It's not just this map either. Every Grand Hero Battle's map is just designed completely in the enemy's favor, even if you have the perfect team. I've wasted like 8 Stamina Potions trying to get 4-Star Navarre and guess what, i still don't have him. If this keeps up, i'm just gonna cheat by getting the 3-Star version and upgrade him to a 4-Star.
I just tried to pull out once the same strategy I used on the 3* since it had a chance of working maybe.... it didn't, I just didn't bother any further and went to spend my remaining stamina somewhere else....

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
WHY IN MEYNETH'S NAME ARE THESE LUNATIC GRAND HERO BATTLES BORDERLINE IMPOSSIBLE?! GETTING A 3-STAR NAVARRE IS EASIER THAN STEALING CANDY FROM A BABY BUT TRYING TO GET A 4-STAR VERSION OF HIM IS LIKE TRYING TO COMPLETE AWAKENING LUNATIC+ WITH NO CASUALTIES AND NO RESETS!

Whew. Ok. So, here's the thing. The enemy units themselves aren't that hard. What makes the map so challenging is the trees. The trees in Heroes are like desert spaces in the original Gaiden: they restrict everything (except fliers) to one movement, so trying to fall back is impossible. Another thing that makes the map so challenging is the stupid "no Light's Blessing" rule. Everything has to be perfect.

It's not just this map either. Every Grand Hero Battle's map is just designed completely in the enemy's favor, even if you have the perfect team. I've wasted like 8 Stamina Potions trying to get 4-Star Navarre and guess what, i still don't have him. If this keeps up, i'm just gonna cheat by getting the 3-Star version and upgrade him to a 4-Star.
I tried getting that 4-star Navarre myself earlier. Couldn't get the job done either because it was, as you say, impossible that not even my lv. 40 5-star characters stood a chance. One of the thieves end up completely destroying my Karel like he was nothing and I ended up quitting after that so I got the 3-star of him instead. Probably will not be using him though.

While I'm at it on the subject of Heroes, I did two summon sets.

The first was completely worthless except for a 3-star Gaius, which was nice.

The second was better though, which I got a 3-star Oboro and yet another 5-star character, who is none other than Nowi. Good thing I still have female Corrin around so that Nowi can inherit the skill Dragon Gaze from her.

Last edited:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Huh... you guys are having trouble with the Navarre GHB? I thought this one was the easiest so far. It's a bit of a breather compared to Michalis (which I did beat in one go but sat there for like 5 minutes trying to figure out my strategy), and definitely loads easier than Ursula (that one was bull****).

Then again I guess it depends on what kind of units you all have, as usual. Maybe I'm just lucky that I have a set of units that work for this map.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

It's not too hard. A tanky red unit can cheese it, a dancer unit can cheese it, and honestly. RobinM with triangle adapt solo's everyone besides the green unit.
You can abuse drawback and dancers, to get into range, and safely out of it.
Can abuse flyers, and the like, just be sure to let them retreat once you've taken out the unit that bothered you.
And as always, I really enjoy these lunatic quests. I use characters I haven't used since loooong for these maps. It was even done by a guy on yt, with only 3stars. But he's quite ridicioulous good.

What a disrespect in her own character thread:yeahboi:
Hah. Can you blame him? Nowi's preeeeetty good.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Is this:
the theme you're talking about? The link you have there doesn't work for me, just wanna confirm.
Yep, that's the theme.

If you weren't able to access the link to the other track I shared in that spoilers tag, here's a new link to thatone I shared:

This is one of Berkut's battle themes.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Just did the Navarre Grand Hero Battle, it went pretty smoothly. I used Sharena, Camilla, adult Tiki, and Priscilla. I sent Tiki into the forest on the right to bait the ninja. The ninja goes after her, and both the axe guy and the healer clog up behind the ninja, doing what they can to heal the ninja. Navarre and the other ninja went through the corridor on the left, into Sharena. Sharena knocks out half Navarre's HP on the enemy phase, and then finishes him off on mine. Priscilla heals Sharena (Rehabilitate is awesome), and Camilla attacks the ninja in front of Sharena, and prevents the ninja from moving into a space where it could attack (and kill) Priscilla. After that, it was just mopping up the remains. Definitely the easiest GHB so far.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
It's not too hard. A tanky red unit can cheese it, a dancer unit can cheese it, and honestly. RobinM with triangle adapt solo's everyone besides the green unit.
You can abuse drawback and dancers, to get into range, and safely out of it.
Can abuse flyers, and the like, just be sure to let them retreat once you've taken out the unit that bothered you.
And as always, I really enjoy these lunatic quests. I use characters I haven't used since loooong for these maps. It was even done by a guy on yt, with only 3stars. But he's quite ridicioulous good.
I tried using Dance and still no luck. See, here's the issue
Screenshot_2017-04-04-12-32-28.png

Is that Thief that is messing up everything. Sophia can tank him for one turn but she can't kill him. Sanaki one-shots Navarre but in turn, gets one-shotted by him+everyone else. Hawkeye can't take out that Theif because the trees and Maria is Maria.

I was able to summon a 4-Star Lachesis (yay, finally!) and a 5-Star Klein today so maybe they can help.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
You sirs and sirnettes made me want to actually try, and beat the stage would actually be pretty possible if that one thief didn't just demolish the HP of any character who enters in his range. Kamui can tank everybody else except for the obvious axe guy who Lyn can take care off.
But then, the thief guy....
Also, that thing eats through your entire stamina in only three tries, no wonder I haven't even been bothering doing those Lunatics....

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
View attachment 127640
Is that Thief that is messing up everything. Sophia can tank him for one turn but she can't kill him. Sanaki one-shots Navarre but in turn, gets one-shotted by him+everyone else. Hawkeye can't take out that Theif because the trees and Maria is Maria.

I was able to summon a 4-Star Lachesis (yay, finally!) and a 5-Star Klein today so maybe they can help.
I envy you for that klein... haven't even got a 4star version of him.

About that map: Got robin or henry? They might make your life alot easier with their colourless resistance.

The orange spot, is the sweet spot, for colourless killers, as no one except the ninjas will reach this.
You can retreat afterwards, and let them aproach, or let them split, bait them out. My nowi barely survived it as I first tried this out, but my robin pretty much counter-killed them on the next turn, as I switched, and retreated with the help of a dancer.

Video in the spoiler might helps.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
What a disrespect in her own character thread:yeahboi:
I don't care, home boy. :p
Hah. Can you blame him? Nowi's preeeeetty good.
I don't know about that for sure because I haven't used her yet.
Character wise? I definitely prefer her over Corrin, specifically female.
Also, that thing eats through your entire stamina in only three tries, no wonder I haven't even been bothering doing those Lunatics....
I try level grinding my favorites every time not knowing that I've used up all my stamina so I end up either at the Arena grinding for hero feathers or stop playing it for a while.
I'm saving my stamina potions for the Lunatic story levels, which I plan to do later.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
View attachment 127640

If you train Klein up to where he has 36 att on the offense including Death Blow, he can ORKO the thief. So here's a possible strategy. Swap out Sophia for Klein and Maria for a dancer. Have Hawkeye bait the thief on the first turn, position Klein to the left of Hawkeye, to where he could move into the orange square highlighted in Takeo's post the next turn. The thief will move into the little nook in the forest to attack Hawkeye. Your turn, have Klein shoot down the thief, then have the dancer dance for Klein, move him to safety. Navarre and the other thief will come down on their turn. After that, Klein kills the thief, and Sanaki destroys Navarre, and the rest should be easy pickings.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I envy you for that klein... haven't even got a 4star version of him.

About that map: Got robin or henry? They might make your life alot easier with their colourless resistance.

The orange spot, is the sweet spot, for colourless killers, as no one except the ninjas will reach this.
You can retreat afterwards, and let them aproach, or let them split, bait them out. My nowi barely survived it as I first tried this out, but my robin pretty much counter-killed them on the next turn, as I switched, and retreated with the help of a dancer.

Video in the spoiler might helps.
I really need to give in and start to put time on Robin, right? I ran away from that fate for too long....
I will start to train M and F Robins together then, I do not have any pupil in training at the moment after all....

Astellius

Smash Ace
The first round matchups of the upcoming voting gauntlet have been announced. They are:
  • Minerva vs. Palla
  • Beruka vs. Subaki
  • Cherche vs. Cordelia
  • Camilla vs. Hinoka
In other words, characters from the same game are squaring off against each other first, and, for the Fates characters, it's retainer vs. retainer and princess vs. princess.

Pretty sure the winners of the first round will be Minerva, Beruka, Cordelia, and Camilla.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It seems Hero battles are all about making counter teams. I did it with Leo, Ninian, Robin and Effie, who was able to laugh off Navarre's and the theif's attacks and destroy them both with Ninian's dance. Leo was there mostly to counter the axe guy.

Upgrading your castle is definitely worth it in the long run. Having a large enough variety of trained up characters means you can find a counter team to almost anything that stands in your way.

Also, I always got the impression Subaki was more popular than Beruka, thanks to his fangirls. It makes me sad that Hinoka is going to be eliminated round one, though....but I'm still sticking with her anyway. I'll probably join team Minerva after that.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So after several teeth-grinding attempts at Navarre's Lunatic map...
Screenshot_2017-04-04-21-48-54.png
Screenshot_2017-04-04-15-07-59.png
Screenshot_2017-04-04-15-08-19.png
AHAHAHAHA! TAKE THAT GAME! YOUR STUPID LEVEL DESIGN CAN'T STOP ME! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now, you may be asking, why didn't i do this from the start? Because those Feathers could've gone towards Eliwood and Lachesis. Now, obvioisly i plan on using Navarre. Otherwise, i would've just settled for the 3-Star. But having him as a 4-Star by default would've saved me Feathers. BUT IF THE GAME IS GONNA CHEAT ME, I'LL CHEAT IT RIGHT BACK! AAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yes, I do plan on 5-Starring Navarre.

About that map: Got robin or henry?
Yes to both but they are also underleveld 3-Stars.

If you train Klein up to where he has 36 att on the offense including Death Blow, he can ORKO the thief. So here's a possible strategy. Swap out Sophia for Klein and Maria for a dancer. Have Hawkeye bait the thief on the first turn, position Klein to the left of Hawkeye, to where he could move into the orange square highlighted in Takeo's post the next turn. The thief will move into the little nook in the forest to attack Hawkeye. Your turn, have Klein shoot down the thief, then have the dancer dance for Klein, move him to safety. Navarre and the other thief will come down on their turn. After that, Klein kills the thief, and Sanaki destroys Navarre, and the rest should be easy pickings.
But i still need a Healer (which i have), as Hawkeye can OHKO the first thief thankes to Daggerbreaker, but he still takes a good chunk of damage from the axe dude and suprisingly, the Cleric. So it's either the healer or the dancer, and i need both and for that, i'd have to swap out Klein.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
But i still need a Healer (which i have), as Hawkeye can OHKO the first thief thankes to Daggerbreaker, but he still takes a good chunk of damage from the axe dude and suprisingly, the Cleric. So it's either the healer or the dancer, and i need both and for that, i'd have to swap out Klein.
The strategy I posted had Klein take out both thieves. All Hawkeye has to do is bait the first hit. Since Hawkeye isn't attacking the thief, he won't be hit by either the axe guy or the cleric.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The strategy I posted had Klein take out both thieves. All Hawkeye has to do is bait the first hit. Since Hawkeye isn't attacking the thief, he won't be hit by either the axe guy or the cleric.
I tried that and it still doesn't work. Mainly because Klein's just refusing to level up his attack. He went through 4 straight level ups and attack didn't go up once. The game's just taunting me at this point. Even with Death Blow 3, he can't ORKO the theives.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I tried that and it still doesn't work. Mainly because Klein's just refusing to level up his attack. He went through 4 straight level ups and attack didn't go up once. The game's just taunting me at this point. Even with Death Blow 3, he can't ORKO the theives.
Okay... Does Klein have 36 Att with Death Blow? That's literally the only stat that matters here. Why do I ask? Both thieves have 44 HP and 14 Def. Walking through the math: 36 - 14 = 22. 22 x 2 = 44. So a Klein with 36 Att should hit the thieves for 22 damage with each hit, and, since he has a Brave Bow, he hits twice in a row.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The gauntlet has only been going for an hour and fifteen minutes, and we over at team Hinoka are already losing 6-1.

We're getting slaughtered, but hey, at least its not the massacre I feared it'd be.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
C8ougAAXkAElLkM.png

Camilla, calm down. Like, geez. GEE, I WONDER WHO'S GONNA WIN! I haven't even chosen a side yet.

Okay... Does Klein have 36 Att
No, that's why i brought it up.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
while I was expecting Camillia to be in the lead overall....I didn't think it'd be quite that huge of a lead

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Must be because of her big sister appeal.
She does have big appeals.

Well, I was right, they should have put Lucina and Camilla on the same gauntlet, not separated to each just dominate each one's gauntlet....
EDIT: I think the above phrase was not well worded at all, but you get what I mean.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I changed my mind and decided to go for team Cordelia, though I will eventually jump ship to Camilla during the final round.

The Navarre map was easy for me honestly. I was able to do the Lunatic mission with Triangle Adept Robin, who has a tome that can beat colorless units.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I take back what I said, it's a massacre.

It actually kind of upsets me that a character so shamelessly written and designed is so popular. People are pretty much telling IS that making sexualized characters is not only okay, but also that it's what the fanbase actually wants.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Currently, Camilla has acquired more votes than all of the other characters combined. That's cray! I'm also surprised and pleased to see that Minerva is proving to be the second most popular character, I thought it would certainly be Cordelia. Minerva will be fighting Subaki or Beruka next, which means she's pretty much certain to move onto the finals. I'm also ranked 14,058 in Minerva's Army, without using any flags, so it seems that, if you want feathers, it's actually better to NOT join the Camilla bandwagon. Join the Red Dragoon instead!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'll support anyone that isn't Camilla...or Cordelia at that matter.

Those extra feathers ain't worth supporting a character I don't like.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

I can understand Camilla but Cordelia? What don't you like about Cordelia?

Astellius

Smash Ace

I'll be getting way more feathers for supporting Minerva. The only winning reward we won't be getting is #3, so that's 500 feathers less. But I'm also ranking in Minerva's army at ~16k, and I haven't used any flags yet. That's 1,300 feathers right there. I probably wouldn't be ranked if I was in Camilla's ranks, as I wasn't ranking when I was in Lucina's.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I can understand Camilla but Cordelia? What don't you like about Cordelia?
To put it short and simple, she's a boring character who would keep fantasizing about wanting to be with Chrom or some **** like that, it makes my eyes roll in a bad way. Marrying her in one of my Awakening playthroughs was the biggest regret I ever had in my experience.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
To put it short and simple, she's a boring character who would keep fantasizing about wanting to be with Chrom or some **** like that, it makes my eyes roll in a bad way. Marrying her in one of my Awakening playthroughs was the biggest regret I ever had in my experience.
She's literally a Catria clone tho. Granted, Catria didn't have as much depth but Catria was basically the OG Cordelia.
And Faye is basically Catra 3.0. The difference there is that, unlike Catria and Cordelia, she actually is able to confess to Alm. Of course, if you've played Gaiden, then you'll already know Alm x Faye is impossible.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I wasn't fond of Cordelia. Like a lot of Awakening characters, I feel like her gimmick was a tad bit overplayed at times, altough not as much as some. And she wasn't a character who's gimmick really made her fun, either. And I was never found of her design.

...Speaking of which, I just rolled hoping to get Hinoka but got Cordelia instead. I mean, I've got a flying brave lance wielder now, but I would of prefered having one I like. I might end up training her up anyway, though.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
She's literally a Catria clone tho. Granted, Catria didn't have as much depth but Catria was basically the OG Cordelia.
And Faye is basically Catra 3.0. The difference there is that, unlike Catria and Cordelia, she actually is able to confess to Alm. Of course, if you've played Gaiden, then you'll already know Alm x Faye is impossible.
If that's your way of trying to get me to change my opinion on her, you can forget it. This also has nothing to do with Catria, whom I have no opinion on since I don't know who she is as a character. Let's agree to disagree.
I wasn't fond of Cordelia. Like a lot of Awakening characters, I feel like her gimmick was a tad bit overplayed at times, altough not as much as some. And she wasn't a character who's gimmick really made her fun, either. And I was never found of her design.

...Speaking of which, I just rolled hoping to get Hinoka but got Cordelia instead. I mean, I've got a flying brave lance wielder now, but I would of prefered having one I like. I might end up training her up anyway, though.
I got Cordelia myself too but I've never used her since I already have plenty of flyers. Plan to give her Night Sky and Brave Lance to whoever and send her away.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I spent all my feathers on that guy and a lot of time and stamina to turn him into my 5th lv40 5* character!!!! But in the end, it worked.... it just worked, after a few tries and a hard fought victory as you can see.
A small trivia: that Serra is now a humble lv8 4* girl, but her help was no joke in this level.
And I now have that Robin as backup fire power for, uh, for when I really need him.
And I just noticed, both Heroes and Breath of the Wild are at version 1.1.1 right now, I hope goddess Hylia is talking to RNGoddess right now teaching her good ways to the latter.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
If that's your way of trying to get me to change my opinion on her, you can forget it. This also has nothing to do with Catria, whom I have no opinion on since I don't know who she is as a character. Let's agree to disagree.
Chill. Nobody is wanting to change your opinion. They just asked, and kinda even supported your opinion. By saying that the character excists multible times, meaning cordelia is not exactly special.
And... why can't she talk about catria? She just stated funfacts, and didn't disagreed, nor agreed with you. She just saw cordelia mentioned, and used it to talk about the similarities.

Also, on the other hand. Subaki's getting quite the rough treatment. My perfect flyer seems to loose against minerva. RIP.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
And... why can't she talk about catria? She just stated funfacts, and didn't disagreed, nor agreed with you. She just saw cordelia mentioned, and used it to talk about the similarities.
I'm a guy btw. I just have Lola as my profile pic because Lola best girl. Don't worry about it tho. This happens all the time on the Internet.

Speaking of Lola, i got around to listening to Electro Rotation, the Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 album that contains the full versions of Lola's songs, and these songs are amazing. Honestly, the songs are probably the biggest reason why Gunvolt is my favorite Indie game series (and on a side note, Inti Creates is my favorite Indie developer)

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I'm a guy btw. I just have Lola as my profile pic because Lola best girl. Don't worry about it tho. This happens all the time on the Internet.

Speaking of Lola, i got around to listening to Electro Rotation, the Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 album that contains the full versions of Lola's songs, and these songs are amazing. Honestly, the songs are probably the biggest reason why Gunvolt is my favorite Indie game series (and on a side note, Inti Creates is my favorite Indie developer)
Ah, fair. I am just specifying by profile pics by now, as I really don't care what gender one has by now.

I did enjoyed Gunvolt 1 alot, and haven't gotten around to play 2 yet. I found the songs out of 1 amazing too, but I grew tired of them way too quick. I guess they were developed to have some game sound along with them, back then.

Top Bottom