• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Have you seen those new portraits yet? I'don't post them, but I'm not used to using a phone for forum posting yet.

They'really um...ew. I could understand Camilla's dumb costume, but Lucina? Really? And I should mentiom I'm not fond of Xander's costume at all either.

I'm not angry about Chrom, though. He's always been dorky, so I find the costume funny on him. I guess Lucina has her Chrom-ish side to, but showing her cleavage like that just really upsets me.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Have you seen those new portraits yet? I'don't post them, but I'm not used to using a phone for forum posting yet.

They'really um...ew. I could understand Camilla's dumb costume, but Lucina? Really? And I should mentiom I'm not fond of Xander's costume at all either.

I'm not angry about Chrom, though. He's always been dorky, so I find the costume funny on him. I guess Lucina has her Chrom-ish side to, but showing her cleavage like that just really upsets me.
But Lucina had a terrible fashion sense, and really liked dorky outfits--remember the Emmeryn-print dress? So it at least fits her character. That said, the costume is weird, to say the least, and probably a bit too fanservicey. All the costumes are weird... especially Xander's, wtf. I definitely won't be putting any orbs towards this event!

For those who haven't seen it, here's the little trailer for the event:

And why did they change Lucina's VA?! So wrong.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
But Lucina had a terrible fashion sense, and really liked dorky outfits--remember the Emmeryn-print dress? So it at least fits her character. That said, the costume is weird, to say the least, and probably a bit too fanservicey. All the costumes are weird... especially Xander's, wtf. I definitely won't be putting any orbs towards this event!
But... flying tome user.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord

Really, the cleavage is what really upsets you? Not the stupid hat? Not the fact she is holding and attacking with a big egg? Not the fact she may even have a bunny tail at her rear?
It's incredible how offensive a cleavage can be to some, uh? Does it tell you less of Lucina the fact she has a cleavage now? It's not like she is trying to "stay in character" with the bunny outfit, jeez....

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
This is so wrong in so many ways...

Camilla as the Playboy bunny? It's bad enough in her original outfit. Chrom looked like he just had a wedgie. Lucina looks pathetic in that outfit and why change her voice acting? She sound like Taylor Swift on crack. And Xander looks like a lame Willy Wonka.

Really, why did they make them look like a bunch of dumb asses?

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
People are complaining and i'm like "guys, it's just a fun little Easter celebration event, chill". Like, at least the bunny outfits are Easter themed and not.....something else.

Ok but legit, after watching the trailer, these are just hilarious. The quotes are all Easter themed. Lucina's like "let's hop to a garden" and Camilla's like "Don't get carrot away". Coupled with the outfits and the silly weapons, i can't take these characters seriously and that's good because that's what it's supposed to be. It's Fire Emblem's dumb fun way of celebrating Easter.

Besides, it's not just Heroes that does this. A lot of these types of games tend to do this too. Tales of Link did Easter-themed characters iirc (and they probably are doing it again but i haven't been on that game in a while so).

I can guarantee that come summer, some characters will be in swimsuits because summer fun and people are gonna complain about that.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
To be honest Camilla's the only one of the four that legitimately and unironically looks decent, if only because her outfit actually suits her lol.

Also, mage flier hype. And if she functions similarly to her axe counterpart.... she might even have a green brave tome. Y'all.... Dire Egg.

Her BST will probably get tanked though, since she's a ranged unit. If not, say hello to Flier Emblem meta.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
This is so wrong in so many ways...

Camilla as the Playboy bunny? It's bad enough in her original outfit. Chrom looked like he just had a wedgie. Lucina looks pathetic in that outfit and why change her voice acting? She sound like Taylor Swift on crack. And Xander looks like a lame Willy Wonka.

Really, why did they make them look like a bunch of dumb *****?
Because of exactly that. Dumb fun.
It's something new, people can laught at xanders expense. Not like anyone has to buy the banner.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So i did another summon and
Screenshot_2017-03-29-11-40-31.png
This is what the deepest circle of Hell looks like. The last time the RNGoddes was this cruel to me, it was in my first Blazing Blade playthrough, where she made Hector literally worthless. No joke, he kept missing so much, he would've made Konosuba's Darkness blush. By Endgame, Hector was a weak Lv.7 Lord. Poor guy never even got to promote.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
So i did another summon and
View attachment 127407This is what the deepest circle of Hell looks like. The last time the RNGoddes was this cruel to me, it was in my first Blazing Blade playthrough, where she made Hector literally worthless. No joke, he kept missing so much, he would've made Konosuba's Darkness blush. By Endgame, Hector was a weak Lv.7 Lord. Poor guy never even got to promote.
All I see is moonbow and glacies. And hone speed.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
It is a good thing I did a summon before the Easter event started because I just got both a 5-star Rebecca and a 5-star Jaffar. I also got a 4-star Seliph as well.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Can't wait to get my next paycheck tomorrow so that I can go preorder Echoes. The game looks very promising enough to get it.

And I plan to do some more summoning before that lame Easter event arrives.
would anyone really expect anything else tho for her?
Fair enough.
Because of exactly that. Dumb fun.
It's something new, people can laught at xanders expense. Not like anyone has to buy the banner.
Doesn't look that fun to me.
And I'm one of them.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
You guys were complaining about clothes? The clothes are fine, it is the story that is eye twitching oh boy the story.... they need to fire the boss' nephew and hire a story writer already....
And I just only now realized, but, this is the first version of Xander to make it to the players in the game, right? Lmao poor Xander....

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
This whole Easter costume event is standard practice in Gatcha games. Gatcha games always do special events like this. There's literally no reason to be upset about it. If people are getting upset about Easter costumes in Heroes, are they gonna get upset when the eventual Summer Banner happens? Or the Halloween Banner? Or the Christmas Banner? Or any other special Banner? I mean, complaints about the eventual Summer Banner are expected because swimsuits but i will actually lose faith in humanity if i see people complain about a Halloween or Christmas Banner. Events like this aren't gonna take over the game. We probably won't see another event like this until summer (or whenever the Choose Your Heroes happens)

This whole idea that fanservice is automatically bad just really bothers me. Fanservice is only bad when it's overused (unless there's supposed to be a lot of fanservice) and used at the wrong times. Is that what Heroes is doing with this event? Of course not. Again, it's just a fun little celebration event.

And technically, Heroes in it's entirety is fanservice. Fanservice doesn't just apply to special outfits (usually swimsuits) or hot-spring scenes or whatever. That's just what it's associated with nowadays. Heroes is a game where Fire Emblem characters from all over come together. Heroes is literally fanservice for Fire Emblem fans, just like how Smash is fanservice for Nintendo fans, or like how the Mega Man Legacy Collection is fanservice for Mega Man fans.

You guys were complaining about clothes? The clothes are fine, it is the story that is eye twitching oh boy the story.... they need to fire the boss' nephew and hire a story writer already
I mean, to be fair, it is a Mobile Gatcha game. Gactha games typically don't have amazing stories. That being said, Heroes' story does leave a bit to be desired but Chapter 9, Xenolouge 1, and the Blazing Shadows Paralouge seemed to be leading up to something.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Really, the cleavage is what really upsets you? Not the stupid hat? Not the fact she is holding and attacking with a big egg? Not the fact she may even have a bunny tail at her rear?
It's incredible how offensive a cleavage can be to some, uh? Does it tell you less of Lucina the fact she has a cleavage now? It's not like she is trying to "stay in character" with the bunny outfit, jeez....
It all upsets me. And it's not that I'm offended everytime I see a little cleavage. The problem is that it's Lucina in that costume.

And considering Lucina's fan base, I'll never see the end of this either...

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I doubt we need to start discussions about people getting offended or not.
Or if people like something or not.

Everyone is unique, so different opinions are bound to happen.
Offended with something? Well, alright! Be offended. Thats your right, and it's nice of you to tell us all.
As long as you don't demand it to be what -you- like, its all good and fine.

I know there is objectively analyzing, if this is bad, good ect. But honestly, on the internet it's just a bunch of people behind a safety net, where they can say anything in any matter. Having a meaningful discussion, where arguments are supported with evidence, is quite a rare sight.

So please, just accept each others differences. Be it sensitivity to feminism, or just being disgusted by your characters being put into silly costumes... I find it fun. We got the lucina has no fashion sense in there, and xander as the... -very- royal carrot.
It could have been simply barte and barst having easter costumes, and I'd laughed it off just the same.

It's only "sexist/racist/ect", when we see it as such.
Employing someone because they are a guy is stupid.
But so is employing someone, just because they are a woman, is stupid too.

It works both ways. Special treatment is as "putting them on a podest", as the other. So please, let's just laugh, so we can atleast get a step closer to not caring about a characters cleavage, or metrosexual carrot stick, and just enjoy the game?

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So the April Voting Gauntlet has been leaked. Yeah, it seems one happens every month Makes sense. Anyway, this time, it's Pegasi vs Wyverns. Here are the characters featured (note: how they will be paired up is unknown as of now):

Team Pegasus Knights:
  • Hinoka
  • Palla
  • Subaki
  • Cordelia
Team Wyvern Riders:
  • Minerva
  • Camilla
  • Beruka
  • Cherche
Poor Subaki and Beruka. They are gonna get rekt so hard. Especially Subaki, since he's the only male character in this Gauntlet. I don't know how well Hinoka, Palla, and Cherche will do but i'm guessing Hinoka will lose early, as she's the most irrelevant sibling. Palla and Cherche are more popular, so they may do better. Minerva may the Ephraim of this Gauntlet. And how much do you wanna bet that Camilla's gonna win this whole thing? I expect the final round to be Cordelia vs Camilla.

Astellius

Smash Ace
You guys were complaining about clothes? The clothes are fine, it is the story that is eye twitching oh boy the story.... they need to fire the boss' nephew and hire a story writer already....
And I just only now realized, but, this is the first version of Xander to make it to the players in the game, right? Lmao poor Xander....
Xander is just relishing the opportunity to "brandish" his "carrot"...!

While we're on the topic of fanservice, let's just take a moment to reflect on some Fire Emblem history. Plenty of people have complained about the recent phenomenon of the female characters not knowing how to pants. Pushing aside the question of whether this is good or bad, let's ask the following: where did this start? Who brought all this pants-lessness to the Fire Emblem universe? Well, I have the answer!

3e7de5bcf70cec427c5465d0cde42e03.jpg

IT WAS MARTH...!!!! He's just standing there, pantsless, with the gleaming sword between his legs shoved deep into a rock for no reason. Who does that! Everyone should just take a moment to enjoy some of that man-leg. The fault all lies there.

(Caeda's also pantsless, so I guess we can blame her too. But she's much smaller than Marth in terms of space occupied in the original FE box art, so, accordingly, blame must be reduced to the proportionate amount.)

Hope you enjoyed that moment of Fire Emblem history!

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Hmm,so Lucina's new voice actress(Alexis Tipton) sounds eerily similar to the former va(Laura bailey) wow 0-0 and Camilla still looks in character with that Easter outfit.Chrom and Xander looked silly >>

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
With the Easter event now in session, looks like all I can do now is collect more orbs, grind for hero feathers and level grind my favorite characters until the next banner comes.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I warmed up to the event a little after playing it. I'll admit that it was kind of funny, and it also makes me feel better that Xander feels the same way about the event and his new costume that I do. I'm stil not going to do a summoming until a new focus event starts. I hope the Against Navarre focus has someone I like.

Back on the topic of Lucina...I guess that part of the reason I'm so upset is that she's actually my single favorite FE Lord, mostly because of her character. And I like her silly side to, especially considering how serious she usually is. It's because I like her character that makes me care about how she's depicted so much. I don't want to have to be embarrassed for liking something, but these days FE seems to be embarrassing me intentionally.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Old Fire Emblem fans: "The old games were great because they never had fanservice"

Me:

"Did you forget about Blazing Blade's Sonia?"

I was actually gonna put the Jugdral Dancers here as well but decided against it because the Jugdral Dancers wear like, the most revealing clothes in the series, to the point where it might as well just be underwear. I mean, yes they are Dancers, but Phina (or Feena because fan-translations), Lalum, Ninian, Tethys, Olivia, and Azura don't wear clothes like that (with Ninian having the most modest clothes for a Dancer).

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I like when people complain about "waifu simulator" with the marriages thing and children units and I am like "the GBA games did all of that before it was.... not cool I guess...."

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I like when people complain about "waifu simulator" with the marriages thing and children units and I am like "the GBA games did all of that before it was.... not cool I guess...."
Uh, the GBA games didn't have marriage. Marriage and children started in Geneaology of the Holy War, which was a SNES game. The mechanic wouldn't be seen again until Awakening. The reason people compain about it now is because Fates had no reason to have it. Awakening and Genealogy had it because it actually affected the story.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Uh, the GBA games didn't have marriage. Marriage and children started in Geneaology of the Holy War, which was a SNES game. The mechanic wouldn't be seen again until Awakening. The reason people compain about it now is because Fates had no reason to have it. Awakening and Genealogy had it because it actually affected the story.
It has, you can decide who ends up with who in the end of the game.... same thing.
And Roy is a children unit of who? You decide playing Blazing Blade! Same thing same thing.
I am among the ones who agree that children unit in Fates was just bad, can anyone not agree? It was an afterthought of an afterthought.... and the justification for it was probably written by the same guy who writes the Heroes plot.
But I'm talking about the people who don't like the "waifu simulator" thing in neither Fates or Awakening and the child units are part of the thing they complain about.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I am among the ones who agree that children unit in Fates was just bad, can anyone not agree? It was an afterthought of an afterthought.... and the justification for it was probably written by the same guy who writes the Heroes plot.
But I'm talking about the people who don't like the "waifu simulator" thing in neither Fates or Awakening and the child units are part of the thing they complain about.
Oh god, fates children system was just awful. I mean, I am honestly happy we got selena+owain+inigo again, and even with the "last" generation of them, but... that could have been done better. Like, after story.
Listen to this easy solution(Spoilers for fates, all paths+dlc):
We have these endless dimensions. Even in the children only dlc, we see that other versions of this goddamn beast can just show up. Why not get all children units "after" the credits, and then make them recruitable. Would give a nice closure and addition to the credits, and also drive the player to play more. And even checking out the children only dlc. There are still plenty of other world "zombies" to fight after all.

Edit: Also, yeah. People always got something to complain, it's fascinating.

And to spark a war, I speak thine divine words: "Who's your favourite character in all of FireEmblem?"
Just to make it fair, it's a fight between Owain and Lute for me personally.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
And to spark a war, I speak thine divine words: "Who's your favourite character in all of Fire Emblem?"
if anyone has no idea who it is for me idk what to tell you

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
if anyone has no idea who it is for me idk what to tell you
Is it Sakurahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
By god I hope you all know that I am joking. Otherwise, consider this an anti-joke chicken spoiler.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
It has, you can decide who ends up with who in the end of the game.... same thing.
And Roy is a children unit of who? You decide playing Blazing Blade! Same thing same thing.
Ok, but it's not actually the same thing. For starters, not all characters end up together at the end of the game, even at A-Rank. And in the event that they did, they weren't necessarily married.

And about Roy, yes he's the son of Eliwood and Ninian (guys, let's be honest, Eliwood x Ninian might as well be canon), but he's not playable in Blazing Blade. Therefore, he is not a child unit.

1. Heroes' plot isn't finished yet so it's a little bit unfair to judge it fully.
  2. Fates' reasoning for havung children was bad. That being said, I don't dislike Fates' children (except for Rhajat). Heck, some of them such as Soleil, Ophelia, and Shigure are among my favorites. Anyone else feel the same way?
And to spark a war, I speak thine divine words: "Who's your favourite character in all of FireEmblem?"
Oh. Oh, this question. I genuianly don't know if i can anwser this. I've played every game in the series except the Tellius games, so this is like, the hardest question ever, because there are so many characters i like. So here's what i'll do: I'll make a bullet list of the characters i like:
  • Marth
  • Caeda
  • Navarre
  • Minerva
  • Tiki
  • Alm
  • Celica
  • Lachesis
  • Roy
  • Lilina
  • Sophia
  • Rutger
  • Dieck
  • Elen
  • Zephiel
  • Idunn
  • Fae
  • Eliwood
  • Lyn
  • Hector
  • Ninian
  • Nergal
  • Hawkeye
  • Renais Twins
  • Seth
  • Knoll
  • Cormag
  • Joshua
  • Natalie
  • Lyon (best FE villain BTW)
  • Ike
  • Ilyana
  • Elincia
  • Sanaki
  • Black Knight
  • Chrom
  • Robin
  • Frederick
  • Nowi
  • Olivia
  • Cherche
  • Lucina
  • Owain/Odin
  • Inigo/Laslow
  • Severa/Selena
  • Gerome
  • Morgan
  • Nah
  • Priam
  • Walhart
  • Corrin
  • Azura
  • Leo
  • Xander
  • Shiro
  • Shigure
  • Soleil
  • Ophelia
  • Takumi
  • Kana
  • Mozu
  • Pit Percy
I suppose this goes without saying but if a character isn't on that list, that doesn't neccisarily mean i don't like them.

Edit: Disclaimer: I haven't played the Tellius games, so, aside from Ike for obvious reasons, me putting Elincia, Sanaki, Ilyana, and the Black Knight come from more about what i know about them. Sanaki is also one of my best units in Heroes so that's why she's there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I honestly don't mind Chrom's Spring costume, I could really care less for Camilla, Xander looks (and sounds) bad, and Lucina is... honestly adorable. I actually used a lot of Orbs just to get her.

I'm not looking forward to the next gauntlet. I want to support Hinoka, but I will support Camilla because she is going to win and that's sad.

Takumi!

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I honestly don't mind Chrom's Spring costume, I could really care less for Camilla, Xander looks (and sounds) bad, and Lucina is... honestly adorable. I actually used a lot of Orbs just to get her.

I'm not looking forward to the next gauntlet. I want to support Hinoka, but I will support Camilla because she is going to win and that's sad.

Takumi!
I wouldn't say that camilla will win. Lucina was out of a whole other league. Camilla might have interesting design, but I thing the obligatory "hate" for her, just because she shows cleavage will be strong enough to level the mindless drones out aswell.

Also, nice! Takumi could need some love, after fates.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Easily Takumi for me. I really like how he is one of the few characters that doesn't kiss Corrin's feet from the get-go, not to mention he's an incredibly relatable character to me (I relate to the insecurities he faces). The Drama CDs do a great job exploring Takumi's character to the point I absolutely adore him now.

Also helps that Takumi is an incredibly useful unit on the battlefield. Can't go wrong with the Fujin Yolo!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I ain't interested in the next gauntlet because I have a feeling mindless trash will be going for Camilla and that's pathetic.
I would love to see either Hinoka, Cherche or even Palla win though.

That's a damn hard question I can't even give it an answer. Out of the four I've played in the series, I can't decide over the likes of Rebecca, Matthew, Raven, Priscilla, Jaffar, Lute, Marisa, Sumia, Stahl, Gaius, Lon'qu, Tharja, Xander, Felicia, Kaze and Setsuna. I got quite a lot of them I can't decide which one.

As you can see, I didn't include the children of Awakening and Fates, though I do have some favorites.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276

You must've taken the "how to get replies from pretty much everyone" class. Bravo, sir. Bravo.

I'd say it's a three way tie between Hector, Takumi, and:

Corrin. Woopdee ****ing doo. I will defend my decision to the death. Fight me... if you dare.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I wouldn't say that camilla will win. Lucina was out of a whole other league. Camilla might have interesting design, but I thing the obligatory "hate" for her, just because she shows cleavage will be strong enough to level the mindless drones out aswell.
To be fair, Camilla did place 4th in the Choose Your Heroes poll. Whereas everyone else in this Gauntlet placed much lower.

I ain't interested in the next gauntlet because I have a feeling mindless trash will be going for Camilla and that's pathetic.
Rude

Ok but honestly, the reason i really don't hate Camilla is because her Supports with Niles actually gave a legitimate explanation to why she acts the way she does, constantly obsessing over Corrin. That being said, it doesn't explain her.....taste in fashion.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
When I first saw that and read it was coming out for the Switch, I immediately thought this was FE16 for the Switch, but then I read it was also coming out on the 3DS, then realized today is April 1 in Japan, so it hit me, "Oh, it's an April Fools joke!"

Seeing that April Fools joke makes me even more interested that the actual FE16 will take place in a historical Japan setting just like Hoshido in Fates.

Top Bottom