• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I also think it's kind of creepy Corrin can marry his cousin.

Seriously though, why just drop that comment cold turkey into a discussion of Fire Emblem Gym leaders? I mean it's a social thread so anyone's free to say what they want within the guidelines of SB's forum posting, but that just seems like a really random thing to put out there without any connection to what anyone else was talking about.

Last edited:

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, let's see...

Kagero -
Dark Type (as ninjas are most commonly associated with this type, or at least equally so as with Poison)
Pokemon:
- Greninja
- Bisharp
- Weavile

Camilla -

Dragon Type (due to her starting class being a Malig Knight)
Pokemon:
- Hydreigon
- Haxorus
- Garchomp (Mega)

Kaze -
Flying Type (seeing as his name is the Japanese word for "wind," seems like a no brainer)
Pokemon:
- Noctowl
- Xatu
- Noivern

Xander -
Steel Type (as his design is very knightly and noble, which fits steel quite well)
Pokemon:
- Aegislash
- Empoleon
- Metagross (Mega)

Nyx -
Psychic Type (being a mage, psychic types was an easy choice for her)
Pokemon:
- Espeon
- Meowstic
- Gothitelle

I know what mine would look like.

:103::troll:
You just love this new form of Exeggutor don't you xD

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Discussion time!

Take a Fire Emblem Fates character. Now, turn that character into a gym leader. What Pokemon type will that Fire Emblem Fates character specialize in, and which Pokemon would you give them?

Here's a few ideas of mine.

Takumi
Gym Leader type: Flying (because his bow has wind-like elements similar to Flying-types)
Pokemon:
  • Braviary
  • Skarmory
  • Rowlet's final evolution, "Fukurou", because they are both archers
Oboro
Gym Leader type: Bug (because Oboro makes clothes, and silk, which comes from bugs, can be used to create them)
Pokemon:
  • Beautifly
  • Leavanny
  • Vivillion
Leo
Gym Leader type: Psychic (because Leo is a mage)
Pokemon:
  • Alakazam
  • Xatu
  • Malamar
Niles
Gym Leader type: Dark (because Niles has a shady nature similar to Dark-types)
Pokemon:
  • Weavile
  • Sableye (because it is interested to shiny objects similar to how a thief, who Niles, likes jewelry)
  • Scrafty
Rinkah
Gym Leader type: Fire (because she comes from the Flame Tribe and flames come out every time she attacks)
Pokemon:
  • Darmanitan
  • Volcarona
  • Pyroar
Flora
Gym Leader type: Ice (because she comes from the Ice Tribe and knows ice magic)
Pokemon:
  • Jynx
  • Glaceon
  • Froslass
I might provide a few more ideas later if they come in mind.
I'm actually gonna expand this to other Fire Emblem characters as well.

Azura
Gym Leader type: Water
  • Milotic (representing Birthright)
  • Gyrados (representing Conquest)
  • Popplio's final evolution (representing her dancing)
Roy
Gym Leader type: Fire
  • Volcarona
  • Arcanaine
  • Charizard
Lilina
Gym Leader type: Psychic
  • Alakazam
  • Musharna
  • Delphox
Sophia
Gym Leader type: Ghost
  • Chandelure
  • Mimikyu
  • Gengar
Hector
Gym Leader type: Steel
  • Aegislash
  • Aggron
  • Braiviary (only because it fits his reckless personality)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ryoma
Type: Water
-Kingler
-Crawdaunt
-Clawitzer

I don't think I have to explain this one.
I also think it's kind of creepy Corrin can marry his cousin.
I think it's much creepier that he can marry the little girl who is supposed to see him as a brother, and vice versa.

That is not okay.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

I can get by the fact that they're not actually blood-related, though I do appreciate how you actually take into consideration the fact that they're family, blood ties or not. I'm actually more creeped out at the fact adult men can marry little girls.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Team Skull confirmed for Pokemon Sun and Moon. Chaw-haw-haw!:041::109:
Please tell me one of you guys gets the reference.

Also Marowak's new form is cool. I figured from Gamexplain's speculation that it'd be a fire type, but now I feel silly for not realizing it'd also be part ghost type. I mean, I always figured a Mega Marowak would be Ground/Ghost, after all.

The new fish and sandcastle are, uh, interesting, but I'm not going to go all genwunner over them. I'm not a fan, but I can appreciate the concept behind them.

I don't care much for the new Meowth form, but I expect the anime I haven't watched in ages will do something fun with it.
I can get by the fact that they're not actually blood-related, though I do appreciate how you actually take into consideration the fact that they're family, blood ties or not. I'm actually more creeped out at the fact adult men can marry little girls.
Well, maybe it's not just so much that I think it's entirely creepy so much as I think it's just..off. For close siblings to be able to pull a 180 and become lovers just doesn't seem right to me. I take the relationships of fictional characters very seriously, thank you. And not just romantic relationships, any sort of relationship - as a friend, sibling, or rival. I want the game to trick me into thinking its characters are real people, and the fact that they can get married breaks the illusion for me.

I mean, I'm used to the illusion being broken with the likes of Camilla and Corrin, but I'd like them to at least leave Leo, Xander, and Elise out of it.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Here are the CoroCoro leaks
And here's the information straight from Pokebeach
Pokebeach said said:
The small fish is Yowashi. When a bunch of Yowashi gather together, they “become” the larger fish.

Sunabaa and Shirodesuna are the sand castles, both Ghost/Ground. Sunabaa is a combination of “sand” and “boo.” “Shirodesuna” means “that’s a castle” in Japanese. Shirodesuna is a spirit that has possessed the sand. It sucks Pokemon into the sand to absorb their energy.

The Bewear pre-evolution is named Nuikoguma and it’s Normal/Fighting like its evolution. Its name is a combination of “plush” and “cub.”

Alolan Meowth is Dark-type while Alolan Marowak is Fire/Ghost. (Did the spirit of Cubone’s mother go to… never mind.) Alolan Meowth developed after being bred by a royal Alolan family. Marowak became Alolan Marowak to fight its “arch nemesis.”

Sun and Moon‘s villainous team is named Team Skull and its leader is Guzuma. The girl next to him is Purumeri.

Next month’s issue of CoroCoro will reveal Rockruff’s evolution.
Copy and pasting my thoughts from another social I'm a part of since I'm feeling lazy at the moment.

Those sand castle Pokemon look pretty odd. Apparently, the latter is the result of a spirit that possessed the sand. Sounds pretty dark how it "absorbs the Pokemon's energy by sucking them into the sand." Sounds like a pretty grizzly death. With these set of Pokemon, the Golurk evolution line has lost its unique typing.

Yowashi is pretty cool considering Pokemon has finally pulled off the "fish colony" aspect perfectly. I thought the larger-looking fish was its evolution at first, but it turns out it's just a different form. Still willing to bet the fish colony will gain better stats since it comprises of multiple Pokemon.

I like Bewear's pre-evolution more than its evolution. It doesn't seem to look as lazily-designed as Bewear, but I guess that's just me.

Not surprised Meowth got an Alola form, and its typing is not surprising either. It looks pretty cool though, and I can't wait to see Alola Persian. Alola Marowak being part Fire didn't surprise me because one of the Trial Captains is mentioned to have a Marowak, though the Ghost-typing is pretty interesting (and the Chandelure line loses its unique typing). I really like the design too.

So the villains are named Team Skull, and they are a team of punks? I actually like this. We're yet to have an evil team inspired from punks prior to this, and now we finally have such. I'm surprised they would already reveal the team's leader though. That's usually something that isn't revealed until the month the games are released or a month after that date. Anyway, Guzuma and Purumeri looks pretty cool. I'm betting the latter is one of the team's admins/commanders. I can't wait to hear what their goal is. They don't look like a team that would encourage tourism in the region, but you may never know.

Also, I can't wait to see Rockruff's evolution next month.

On a different note, the recent CoroCoro news has deconfirmed the Alola dex "leak" from a few days ago. That "leak" mentioned that Bewear wouldn't have a pre-evolution or an evolution, but that's no longer the case.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Thoughts on the new Pokemon
All i can really say is that Team Rocket will get their Mewoth mixed up with this one.
Probably the 2nd best Alola form so far (first place comes to Alola Vulpix and Ninetails). Also, Alola Marowak is one of the three Fire-types to have blue flames, the other two being Shiny Emboar and Mega Charizard X. And that's great. I also like that its a subtle nod to Marowak's role in Gen 1.
It looks adorable actually. This is also an accurate representation of what my sand castles looked like when i tried to make them when i was a kid.
This is what i wish my sand castles looked like when i tried to make them as a kid. Its that thing where it looks so good in your head but then you actually do it and it doesn't look the way you wanted it too. Anyway, like Sunaba, this one's pretty adorable.
He looks sad, why? I like this guy. Seems pretty cute. But then it does this
. Was i the only one who thought of Finding Nemo when i heard that Yowashi's swarm form is actually just made up of several Yowashi? I'm using it on my team just for that.
I like the new Pokemon so far, but i'm worried that all the Alola forms will be for Gen 1 Pokemon only and that would suck. Give Flygon an Alola form, since its probably not getting a Mega (we have yet to see new Megas). Give Helioptile an Alola form. Basically, don't let the Alola forms be a thing for Gen 1 Pokemon only.

We also have Team Skull, not to be confused with the Team Skull from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explores of Time/Darkness/Sky. I really like the design of this team. Right now, its my 2nd favorite design (1st being Team Neo Plasma). Team Skull isn't relying on flashy clothes like Team Flare did, nor are their outfits outright stupid like Team Galactic's. Curious to see what Team Skull would be up too.
They don't look like a team that would encourage tourism in the region, but you may never know.
Inb4 that's their goal all along.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Well, maybe it's not just so much that I think it's entirely creepy so much as I think it's just..off. For close siblings to be able to pull a 180 and become lovers just doesn't seem right to me. I take the relationships of fictional characters very seriously, thank you. And not just romantic relationships, any sort of relationship - as a friend, sibling, or rival. I want the game to trick me into thinking its characters are real people, and the fact that they can get married breaks the illusion for me.

I mean, I'm used to the illusion being broken with the likes of Camilla and Corrin, but I'd like them to at least leave Leo, Xander, and Elise out of it.
Yeah, marriage to Leo, Xander, or Elise seems out of place to me as well. What makes it even more strange is how it's handled with the support conversations, because it there's no buildup for a romantic relationship. It makes it feel even more out of the blue and unnatural. The only one I think it works with, at least somewhat, is Camilla, because their relationship doesn't seem to be just a regular sibling one. It seems to fit adequately there.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yeah, marriage to Leo, Xander, or Elise seems out of place to me as well. What makes it even more strange is how it's handled with the support conversations, because it there's no buildup for a romantic relationship. It makes it feel even more out of the blue and unnatural. The only one I think it works with, at least somewhat, is Camilla, because their relationship doesn't seem to be just a regular sibling one. It seems to fit adequately there.
Camilla is all sorts of confusing.

Sometimes she's painted out to be more motherly, other times she's painted out to be more...evil seductress. It's a really odd mix in this situation, where she acts like both to Corn. She's clearly waifu bait, but they also try to make her believable as a doting older sister. It's weird. That's actually the only thing that keeps me from liking the character aside from her absolutely atrocious fashion sense.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
I'm getting Revelations tomorrow or the day after. I'M SO EXCITED! Should I start fresh with a new avatar? Or keep my old one? What will be their boon and bane be? What should their alternate class be? Help me decide!

D

Deleted member 189823

I don't care much for the new Meowth form, but I expect the anime I haven't watched in ages will do something fun with it.Well, maybe it's not just so much that I think it's entirely creepy so much as I think it's just..off. For close siblings to be able to pull a 180 and become lovers just doesn't seem right to me. I take the relationships of fictional characters very seriously, thank you. And not just romantic relationships, any sort of relationship - as a friend, sibling, or rival. I want the game to trick me into thinking its characters are real people, and the fact that they can get married breaks the illusion for me.

I like to take these things seriously as well, albeit, at least try and make me do so.

semi-relevant
I wish there was a game-mechanic where I can adopt Midori. Like, what if Kaze "accidentally" runs into a horde of Generals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'm getting Revelations tomorrow or the day after. I'M SO EXCITED! Should I start fresh with a new avatar? Or keep my old one? What will be their boon and bane be? What should their alternate class be? Help me decide!
I recommend a Magic boon and a Luck bane. The magic boon will help you utilize the Dragonstone a lot better for tanking purposes and allows Corrin to be an excellent Levin Sword user, while Luck is a stat that you really don't have to worry much about.

------

We've got another new Pokemon from the CoroCoro leaks! Meet Namakobushi, the sea cucumber Pokemon.

And this is the missing scan it comes from.
Namakobushi is said spit out a fist-shaped organ out of its mouth to attack foes. No typing has been revealed yet, but judging by what it's based on and it's description, it's probably going to be a Water/Fighting-type.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
We've got another new Pokemon from the CoroCoro leaks! Meet Namakobushi, the sea cucumber Pokemon.

Namakobushi is said spit out a fist-shaped organ out of its mouth to attack foes. No typing has been revealed yet, but judging by what it's based on and it's description, it's probably going to be a Water/Fighting-type.
I'm pretty hyped for this little guy. A cute little sea cucumber that fights by punching people with it's guts is pretty sick (both in the slang and traditional definition of the word). But more importantly, this reveal further corroborates the Chinese Starter leaks as they listed a number of different real life animal Pokemon, with a sea cucumber mon being one of them. Of course a sea cucumber in a tropical region seems a relatively safe guess, but on top of all the other correct coincidences it seems like the Chinese leaks are pretty much legit at this point. I really hope so, because I LOVE Popplio's evolution!

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
I recommend a Magic boon and a Luck bane. The magic boon will help you utilize the Dragonstone a lot better for tanking purposes and allows Corrin to be an excellent Levin Sword user, while Luck is a stat that you really don't have to worry much about.

------

Thanks for the suggestion Eureido! I was thinking strength for the boon and Resistance for the bane. My main Avatar has Strength for the boon and Speed for the bane like in Smash.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Thanks for the suggestion Eureido! I was thinking strength for the boon and Resistance for the bane. My main Avatar has Strength for the boon and Speed for the bane like in Smash.
It would depend on how you want Corrin to play. Some people like magic builds because of the dragonstone, but I prefer a physical build for Corrin since he has the Yato. Strength boon & Luck bane would yield a very well-rounded Corrin with high Str. Luck is easily one of the least useful skills, and one of the easiest to cure any deficits in (as the Goddess Icon raises the stat by 4).

Nah

Smash Champion
I always do +Spe -Lck for my Corrins and Robins ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My parents are cousins. Wasn't arranged.
Are they first cousins, or are you adopted?

I don't want to come off as judgmental right off the bat, but there is actual risk to incest. The problem is that there is a not-insignificant increase in the risk of their child inheriting the same dangerous recessive gene twice. Maybe your parents were unaware of this, but there is a reason society considers it taboo.

Although I'll admit there isn't any problem with marriage itself, it's important for any genetically related cousins who marry to know the risk.

But enough of my mini-rant. Welcome to the thread!

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
They are first cousins, and I am their eldest of three.

Risk increases from single occurrences of cousin relationships are certainly negligible. The problem comes from families that continuously, deliberately interbreed across many generations. That's when you end up with deformities like the Hapsburg Jaw.

An estimated 20% of marriages across the world are between first cousins, and the percentage rises drastically when assessing all unions across documented human history, upwards of 80%.

But enough of my mini-rant. Welcome to the thread!
Thanks! I'm no stranger to comments on my parentage, we good fam.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Risk increases from single occurrences of cousin relationships are certainly negligible. The problem comes from families that continuously, deliberately interbreed across many generations. That's when you end up with deformities like the Hapsburg Jaw.
That's debatable. The chance of single occurrence between first cousins is certainly very low, but that doesn't mean it isn't significant. We've all lost a unit at some point over a 1% crit chance, after all.

But I suppose I'm also the sort of person who thinks people should adopt more in general.

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
How significant it appears is purely subjective. If we're trying to purely optimize our chances of siring healthy offspring we might as well pronounce non-interracial marriages taboo and ensure that no woman gives birth after the age of 25.

World just doesn't work that way, and most Western scientists agree that overall, cousin marriages in a society are not harmful.

Perfectly fine for you to adopt that stance, I personally believe we should try to instill greater responsibility within individuals to only have as many children as they could actually afford to raise.

Anyways Fates.

I felt as though pairing Corrin with Ryoma/Takumi is the least squicky of the relationships among the royals. Among Nohr it's obviously weird since they were all raised as siblings, while Hinoka/Sakura clearly see you as a sibling and refer to you as such for most of the story.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
That's debatable. The chance of single occurrence between first cousins is certainly very low, but that doesn't mean it isn't significant. We've all lost a unit at some point over a 1% crit chance, after all.

But I suppose I'm also the sort of person who thinks people should adopt more in general.
Well i have lost a unit because 2 95% misses (brave sword) and a 5% enemy crit

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Perfectly fine for you to adopt that stance, I personally believe we should try to instill greater responsibility within individuals to only have as many children as they could actually afford to raise.
Fair enough. As you said, it's subjective, so I'll have to respect that even if I disagree.

And with that, I think I should mention that I wasn't trying to question the responsibility of your parents. I know better than to judge the character of someone I know almost nothing about.
I felt as though pairing Corrin with Ryoma/Takumi is the least squicky of the relationships among the royals. Among Nohr it's obviously weird since they were all raised as siblings, while Hinoka/Sakura clearly see you as a sibling and refer to you as such for most of the story.
Ryoma still remembers Corrin from when s/he was little, so that doesn't feel right to me.

But Takumi can't bring himself to see Corrin as family at all. And he struggles to see Azura, who grew up wit him, as family even in Birthright - he doesn't even show signs of it in Conquest or Revelations.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
I know you weren't, no worries. I appreciate your tact.

Even if you did, I wouldn't mind. This is the internet lol.

Ryoma still remembers Corrin from when s/he was little, so that doesn't feel right to me.
Ryoma knew from a young age that Corrin wasn't his sibling, though.

And only Ryoma knew from a young age, in fact, since Sumeragi had personally told him.

Mikoto opted to give Jerry Springer letters to Hinoka, Takumi, and Sakura after Corrin had returned to Hoshido, because she knew that one of them would turn out to be a degenerate who'd fall in love with their own sibling.

:secretkpop:

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ryoma knew from a young age that Corrin wasn't his sibling, though.
I mean, I guess.

But this brings up an entirely different problem I have with the game. I'm really under the impression that was just a last second change made to justify S-supports so that Fates could carry on Awakening's legacy of fanservice emblem, as if the game's story was overcomplicated enough already.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Someone from 4chan has leaked what will be revealed in the next Sun and Moon trailer this weekend. They're looking really credible, so I'm going to enclose them in a spoilers tag for those that don't want to be spoiled right away.

Yowashi's English name is Wishiwashi, and it is confirmed that it changes into its school form through its Ability, Schooling. It becomes the School Forme at a certain level.
Pyukumuku is the English name of the sea cucumber Pokemon. It surprisingly doesn't have the Fighting-type despite its description.
Morelull is a new Grass/Fairy-type Pokemon. It looks alright. It's like a dandelion seed with the parachute part being replaced with mushrooms. It could be the "mushroom" Pokemon mentioned in one of the Chinese leaks.
Alola Meowth's abilities are Pickup and Technician.
Alola Marowak's abilities are Cursed Body and Lightning Rod. To break this down, Alola Marowak is immune to Normal, Fighting, and Electric-type attacks (the latter if it has Lightning Rod), as well as Will-O-Wisp.
Team Skull seems to be a team of individuals who failed to become Trial Captains. Guzma and Plumeria keep their Japanese names, and Plumeria is confirmed to be a Skull Admin.

And the best information for last... Game Freak remembered Raichu exists!
Alola Raichu is officially a thing! It's an Electric/Fairy-type with the Surge Surfer, which is basically a Swift Swim for Electric Terrain. This reveal really makes up for the lack of Mega Raichu last generation!

------

EDIT: Pokemon's Youtube page has uploaded the new Sun and Moon trailer one day in advance because of the leaks.

Here's the Japanese trailer: unlike the international one, this one shows plenty of new footage with Team Skull.

Team Skull has a really great theme, both for the encounter and the battle!

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
*Meanwhile at Gamefreak*

Sugimori - "Alright team! We need to come up with a new type combination for Alolan Raichu so fans won't think we've completely forgotten that it exists! Any ideas gentlemen?"
Employee 1 - "Well I had this concept for an Electric/Psychic type Raichu that surfs on it's tail."
Sugimori - "That's good, we'll go with that."
Employee 2 - "Uhhh, but how will we explain it becoming psychic?"

Those must be some really good pancakes.

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
Out of personal interest whats everyones favourite class in the fire emblem series?

Astellius

Smash Ace
Out of personal interest whats everyones favourite class in the fire emblem series?
I've always had a particular fondness for both myrmidon/swordmasters and pegasus knights. I usually remember a swordmaster as my MVP for a lot of my Fire Emblem runs. Mia definitely was my MVP in the Tellius games, as she would just destroy swaths of enemies while they prayed that they would hit her. Fir was indispensable in my Binding Blade run, as the hit rates were so low in that, especially for the bosses.

With pegasus knights, I would almost always use all or most of them. Early game availability and their ridiculous mobility more than made up for their relative fragility. A squad of pegasus knights can be quite devastating and fun to use.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I like GBA thieves. Amazing attack animations, unique utility, having the likes of Colm and Mathew among their ranks.

I love Wyvern Riders, but that's mostly because I love dragons. Haar is one of my favorite characters though, but not just because he's broken in Radiant Dawn. He looks scary and edgy with his eyepatch and black dragon and such, but all he really cares about is sleep, and I find wanting to sleep very relatable.

But if I had to pick my all time favorite class, it'd have to be Sacred Stone's summoner. I love a lot of mages, especially the intellectual ones. Canas, Lute, and Leo are some of my absolute favorite characters ever, and I love Knoll just as much. He's got an interesting backstory, and an interesting character to top that. When he joins in Ephraim's route, he had already come to accept that he was going to be excecuted, and showed little excitement to find he had been rescued. It's seems to me that he feels responsible for the demon king's awakening, which is made clear when its revealed that he's the one that broke the seal that was keeping Lyon from working with the dark stone directly. He doesn't have a lot of support options, but his supports with Natasha are interesting in that they also discuss the tensions between the clergy and mages, helping to paint a better picture of that game's world. There is just one problem with him. He's an an awful combat unit. He comes late, underleveled, and has not-too-impressive stats. He had atrocious luck before Arthur made it that cool. And to make things worse, the Luna tome got a significant nerf, keeping him from becoming as broken as Canas even with favoritism. But he has one trick that makes him not just salvageable, but even arguably broken without any grinding - summoning.

I think a lot of people really underestimate the utility having a summoner brings. They've got healing, which is great. But better yet, they've got phantoms. Phantoms kind of suck at combat. 1 HP, 0 defense and resistance, good evasion but no benefit from terrain effects, and they aren't that good at killing things. But if you think that makes them bad, then you aren't using them right. They are the ultimate canon fodder. Their nonexistent defense means they'll always be targeted, and their decent evasion means they'll sometimes get in free chip damage. But, better yet, they're completely disposable. The moment one is killed, Knoll is able to call in another with no downsides. Fire Emblem is all about keeping everyone alive. Unless you're a heartless monster who's willing to lose anyone you don't plan on losing, canon fodder is a rare luxury in FE. Some Conquest Lunatic/Classic strategies rely heavily on using captured units as diversions, and they work, but you can also capture so many units without DLC. But summoners give you more canon fodder than you'll ever even need.

Screw Izuka, though. People say Micaiah is forced, but she's got nothing on that walking bundle of villain cliches.

/Fanboying

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
Pegasus knights are underatted too many people deem them as worse wyvern knights and ignore some of their good qualities (such as being the most effective magic killers in the game except when facing wind tomes as they have high resistance and wield physical weapons which mages are weak to).
also summoners are amazing, i agree Zachmac, its so much fun trivializing boss fights by making them waste their enemy phase and using them against certain targets you may not want to go near or to save a fellow units. Its also funny when multiple enemies target the phantom and he dodges them all.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
GBA Heroes because their critical hits defy gravity, the Gaiden's version of the Princess class, Sacred Stone's version of the Generals and Summoners, because watching the enemy waste their weapons on Phantoms is great. I actually always use Knoll in my Sacred Stones playthroughs, even if he isn't considered great.

Top Bottom