• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Yes. But they make sure to leave some leftovers for Tiki, because divine dragon manaketes need to feed, but have low movement.
That reminds me, in the Endgame chapter,
Medeus will actually eat one of the four Clerics around him to regain health. Which one he eats is random and, if your not careful, he'll eat all four of them. So, rescue those Clerics (have Merric talk to Elice, Minerva or Michalis talk to Maria, Julian talk to Lena, and Sirius talk to Nyna) before attacking Medeus.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Huh...I thought you were kidding....Are you?
Lol, yes, I was joking.

That reminds me, in the Endgame chapter,
Medeus will actually eat one of the four Clerics around him to regain health. Which one he eats is random and, if your not careful, he'll eat all four of them. So, rescue those Clerics (have Merric talk to Elice, Minerva or Michalis talk to Maria, Julian talk to Lena, and Sirius talk to Nyna) before attacking Medeus.
Haha, I wasn't even thinking of that, but how appropriate!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Today is a very special day for me that brings a smile on my face and my family's.
That's right, today is my birthday. :)

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
My friend made a fan-made Death Battle between Overwatch's Genji and Fates' Ryoma. Its actually pretty well written. Give it a read: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12083893/1/
That was really good! I had a bad feeling Ryoma would lose though, but still, your friend did a great job writing this.

It's a shame we still don't have a Fire Emblem character in an actual Death Battle. I would love to see Lucina vs Fate/Stay Night's Saber or Xander vs Fate/Zero's Rider.

Today is a very special day for me that brings a smile on my face and my family's.
Happy Birthday!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Happy Birthday!

That was really good! I had a bad feeling Ryoma would lose though, but still, your friend did a great job writing this.
My friend also has Hanzo from Overwatch vs Takumi planned for a future Death Battle. At first, i thought Takumi was at a disadvantage, but then i looked at his Conquest Skills, so now, i think Hanzo and Takumi are evenly matched.

It's a shame we still don't have a Fire Emblem character in an actual Death Battle. I would love to see Lucina vs Fate/Stay Night's Saber or Xander vs Fate/Zero's Rider.
Form me, i would love to see Corrin vs Fairy Tail's Gajeel Redfox. It may seem one-sided (due to Gajeel being a Dragon Slayer) but Corrin's Draconic Hex can turn the tide. I would also like to see Roy vs Rave Master's Haru Glory, Micaiah vs Zelda, Lyn vs Dunban and Hector vs Reyn.

Edit: This is hilarious

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Thank you, everyone, for your birthday wishes. It means a lot to me. :colorful:
Happy birthday! Look what I got you!

I hope you wear this everyday for the rest of your life! Lucina has such a great fashion sense! (Hopefully you've played Awakening and get the joke... lol.)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Happy birthday! Look what I got you!

I hope you wear this everyday for the rest of your life! Lucina has such a great fashion sense! (Hopefully you've played Awakening and get the joke... lol.)
Thank you so much. :)
And you got that from Lucina's C-support with her mother, didn't you? lol

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Has anyone seen the new King Kong trailer?
I have, and it looks pretty good. To be honest though I'm more hyped for Godzilla vs King Kong, too bad we have to wait until 2020 for that one. At least Skull Island and Godzilla 2 will tide us over till then.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Well, I finished New Mystery of the Emblem last night, so I thought I'd post some thoughts. It was pretty good, and I'd say a step up from Shadow Dragon, but I'd consider it a step down from other entries in the series that I've played. In true Fire Emblem fashion, the strategy for the last battle should be just to cheese it and finish it in one turn anticlimactically.

Also, this game had a deep fascination with adding tons of useless characters to your army's roster. Seriously, you get like 77 characters (wut), and most of them that join you toward the end would die if you just waved a feather at them. Pretty much every chapter foists some new walking liability on you that you must tote around for the battle, whilst hoping that a ton of reinforcements don't randomly come flying in just to spite that crappy character. And this game loved providing massive amounts of reinforcements.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Well, I finished New Mystery of the Emblem last night, so I thought I'd post some thoughts. It was pretty good, and I'd say a step up from Shadow Dragon, but I'd consider it a step down from other entries in the series that I've played. In true Fire Emblem fashion, the strategy for the last battle should be just to cheese it and finish it in one turn anticlimactically.

Also, this game had a deep fascination with adding tons of useless characters to your army's roster. Seriously, you get like 77 characters (wut), and most of them that join you toward the end would die if you just waved a feather at them. Pretty much every chapter foists some new walking liability on you that you must tote around for the battle, whilst hoping that a ton of reinforcements don't randomly come flying in just to spite that crappy character. And this game loved providing massive amounts of reinforcements.
The Akaneia remakes do have that weird thing for adding a ton of useless characters. But at least recruiting them in New Mystery is better than in Shadow Dragon. Because in Shadow Dragon, you have to actually kill off some of your units in order to get the new ones. Based on what you told me about New Mystery, i'd say that the original Mystery of the Emblem is better. But that's just my opinion.

Astellius

Smash Ace
The Akaneia remakes do have that weird thing for adding a ton of useless characters. But at least recruiting them in New Mystery is better than in Shadow Dragon. Because in Shadow Dragon, you have to actually kill off some of your units in order to get the new ones. Based on what you told me about New Mystery, i'd say that the original Mystery of the Emblem is better. But that's just my opinion.
Haha, yeah, I forgot about SD's gaiden chapters, as I didn't do them. It didn't seem worth it. I think I did one, but didn't like having to kill off the characters to get to them, so I omitted pursuing the rest.

But New Mystery definitely had some really good aspects, which I didn't mention, including the addition of support conversations which really help with fleshing out some of the characters. SD really should've had those, at least this one did. The interface was great (I've heard people complain about that with the original). The graphics were SD again, so nice character portraits and backgrounds, some anime illustrations of scenes, and ugly battle animations. The MU creation was pretty cool, and I liked the assassin subplot, even if it was kind of out of place. The in-battle save points were also handy because of lots of same-turn reinforcements.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
One of these meme pics might've been posted here before, but I found two images that just had to be posted for this social, featuring everyone's favorite beastkin fox.

This is the picture that could've been posted here before. I could be wrong though.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
But New Mystery definitely had some really good aspects, which I didn't mention, including the addition of support conversations which really help with fleshing out some of the characters.
Yeah, Supports were really needed. In the original, the most character development you got was Marth because he was literally the only relevant playable character.

The interface was great (I've heard people complain about that with the original).
Yeah, the original Mystery's interface wasn't great. My main issue with it is that, even though you could see how far your selected unit could go, you couldn't move the cursor over something that they couldn't cross, such as a mountain, even if the range was beyond the mountain. You had to move your cursor around the mountain.

Even though i did say that the original was better, there may have been some bias in there, because i didn't play New Mystery all the way, mainly because it was really laggy on my emulator. Which emulator did you use it to play it BTW?

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Yeah, Supports were really needed. In the original, the most character development you got was Marth because he was literally the only relevant playable character.

Yeah, the original Mystery's interface wasn't great. My main issue with it is that, even though you could see how far your selected unit could go, you couldn't move the cursor over something that they couldn't cross, such as a mountain, even if the range was beyond the mountain. You had to move your cursor around the mountain.

Even though i did say that the original was better, there may have been some bias in there, because i didn't play New Mystery all the way, mainly because it was really laggy on my emulator. Which emulator did you use it to play it BTW?
I used Desmume. I tried No$GBA first, but there seemed to be some irreconcilable sound problems with that, so Desmume it was. I had to tinker some with the settings, as the default was pretty laggy. Allowing for frame skips helped considerably, as did disabling some of the things in the 3D settings and picking less demanding audio settings.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
I have, and it looks pretty good. To be honest though I'm more hyped for Godzilla vs King Kong, too bad we have to wait until 2020 for that one. At least Skull Island and Godzilla 2 will tide us over till then.
Who do you think Godzilla will fight in his sequel?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Who do you think Godzilla will fight in his sequel?
Apparently Legendary have the rights for Mothra, King Ghidorah and Rodan so one of those. Maybe Mothra because she had an easter egg in the 2014 film.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

This needs no explanation.

Hahahaha. I forgot about the main reason why I used to frequent the Corrin's My Castle Thread.

I'm definitely enjoying the remaining DLC so far, especially with Kanna's story (The Fates Equivalent of Future Past). Part II would have been fun if only Asugi, Midori, and Shiro weren't so BS.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Discussion time!

Take a Fire Emblem Fates character. Now, turn that character into a gym leader. What Pokemon type will that Fire Emblem Fates character specialize in, and which Pokemon would you give them?

Here's a few ideas of mine.

Takumi
Gym Leader type: Flying (because his bow has wind-like elements similar to Flying-types)
Pokemon:
  • Braviary
  • Skarmory
  • Rowlet's final evolution, "Fukurou", because they are both archers
Oboro
Gym Leader type: Bug (because Oboro makes clothes, and silk, which comes from bugs, can be used to create them)
Pokemon:
  • Beautifly
  • Leavanny
  • Vivillion
Leo
Gym Leader type: Psychic (because Leo is a mage)
Pokemon:
  • Alakazam
  • Xatu
  • Malamar
Niles
Gym Leader type: Dark (because Niles has a shady nature similar to Dark-types)
Pokemon:
  • Weavile
  • Sableye (because it is interested to shiny objects similar to how a thief, who Niles, likes jewelry)
  • Scrafty
Rinkah
Gym Leader type: Fire (because she comes from the Flame Tribe and flames come out every time she attacks)
Pokemon:
  • Darmanitan
  • Volcarona
  • Pyroar
Flora
Gym Leader type: Ice (because she comes from the Ice Tribe and knows ice magic)
Pokemon:
  • Jynx
  • Glaceon
  • Froslass
I might provide a few more ideas later if they come in mind.

Astellius

Smash Ace
So, here's a shot in the dark, but, has anyone here played any of Sting's Dept. Heaven games? Just for reference, they are: Riviera (GBA), Yggdra Union (GBA, PSP), Knights in the Nightmare (DS, PSP), and Gungnir (PSP). Both Yggdra Union and Knights in the Nightmare were cult hits, and that's why they were re-released on the PSP. Just curious as to whether anyone here has played any of these, or, well, even heard of them... lol.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Question Of The Day: If you could create a dragon transformation for Fates, what would it look like? You can post photos.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
It's birthday time!

o7nyfrMX0S1r6rodlo1_1280.png

(X)

To celebrate, i'll try that Pokémon thing above.

Inigo
Gym leader type: Ice. Not the most obvious typing, but I feel that it reflects his anxious personality well. Ice type moves also come out very well in contests, reflecting his secret love of dance. Finally, it complements the rest of the Awakening trio well, Owain's electric and Severa's fire.
  • Aloan Ninetales
I don't actually know much about Pokémon, but Ninetales is my favourite and its gracefulness would suit him well. I can't think of any others sorry.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It's birthday time!

View attachment 114297
(X)

To celebrate, i'll try that Pokémon thing above.

Inigo
Gym leader type: Ice. Not the most obvious typing, but I feel that it reflects his anxious personality well. Ice type moves also come out very well in contests, reflecting his secret love of dance. Finally, it complements the rest of the Awakening trio well, Owain's electric and Severa's fire.
  • Aloan Ninetales
I don't actually know much about Pokémon, but Ninetales is my favourite and its gracefulness would suit him well. I can't think of any others sorry.
I really like the idea of Inigo/Laslow being an Ice-type Gym Leader for the reasons you mentioned, though I too have a bit of difficulty thinking of other Ice-type Pokemon for him. The best two that I could come up with are Glaceon and Froslass because they also fit the graceful-look that Inigo has; the latter could also be fitting considering both her and Inigo have some air of tragedy to them; Froslass' Pokedex entry states that it is the result of a woman who got lost in an icy mountain and turned into it (Froslass even looks like a tragic yet graceful individual herself), while Laslow has that tragic backstory going for him.

------

I also came up with a few more ideas for certain Fire Emblem Fates characters if they were Gym Leaders.

Orochi
Gym Leader type: Ghost (because she is a Diviner, and Diviners summon spirits of animals to attack enemies)
Pokemon:
  • Gourgeist
  • Mismagius
  • Sensu Style Oricorio (I mean, just look at these two below and you'll see how perfect they are for each other)

Sakura/Elise
Gym Leader type: Fairy (because both are healers and have a cute demeanor to them similar to Fairy-types)
Pokemon:
  • Clefable (for Sakura)
  • Wigglytuff (for Elise)
  • Togekiss (for Sakura)
  • Sylveon (for Elise)
  • Floette (for Sakura)
  • Whimsicott (for Elise)
Midori
Gym Leader type: Grass (because she's an herb expert due to her medical knowledge, and herbs are plants)
Pokemon:
  • Lurantis
  • Meganium
  • Parasect
Ignatius
Gym Leader type: Steel (because he wears armor)
Pokemon:
  • Forretress
  • Bastiodon
  • Ferrothorn
I picked Steel-types that looked like giant barriers of some sort, similar to how Ignatius is supposed to be a defensive unit.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Discussion time!

Take a Fire Emblem Fates character. Now, turn that character into a gym leader. What Pokemon type will that Fire Emblem Fates character specialize in, and which Pokemon would you give them?
Hmm, let's see...

Kagero -
Dark Type (as ninjas are most commonly associated with this type, or at least equally so as with Poison)
Pokemon:
- Greninja
- Bisharp
- Weavile

Camilla -

Dragon Type (due to her starting class being a Malig Knight)
Pokemon:
- Hydreigon
- Haxorus
- Garchomp (Mega)

Kaze -
Flying Type (seeing as his name is the Japanese word for "wind," seems like a no brainer)
Pokemon:
- Noctowl
- Xatu
- Noivern

Xander -
Steel Type (as his design is very knightly and noble, which fits steel quite well)
Pokemon:
- Aegislash
- Empoleon
- Metagross (Mega)

Nyx -
Psychic Type (being a mage, psychic types was an easy choice for her)
Pokemon:
- Espeon
- Meowstic
- Gothitelle

Question Of The Day: If you could create a dragon transformation for Fates, what would it look like? You can post photos.
I know what mine would look like.

:103::troll:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I think my dragon transformation would look something like a Chinese dragon, and it could have some wind powers along with that.

------

More ideas that I came up with Fire Emblem Fates characters as Gym Leaders

Saizo
Gym Leader type: Fire (because of Saizo's aggressive nature and his expertise in using explosives)
Pokemon:
  • Houndoom
  • Talonflame
  • Infernape
Arthur
Gym Leader type: Fighting (because of Arthur's superhero design that gives the visage of fighting evil)
Pokemon:
  • Hawlucha
  • Sawk
  • Machamp
Ryoma
Gym Leader type: Electric (because Ryoma's sword, the Raijinto, generates electricity)
Pokemon:
  • Jolteon
  • Manectric
  • Luxray
Hinoka
Gym Leader type: Flying (because Hinoka rides a pegasus, which can fly)
Pokemon:
  • Altaria
  • Staraptor
  • Mega Pidgeot
Hisame
Gym Leader type: Fighting (because he feels like a dignified fighter of some sort)
Pokemon:
  • Mienshao
  • Lucario
  • Gallade
All three fighting-types are calm and serious similar to Hisame's personality.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Nothing on Azura yet? Well, her type would obviously be water. The three I see her using are the following

• Milotic
  • Kingdra
Her main Pokémon
Popplio's final evolution. Whatever it will be called, it's a Water/Fairy type that's described as being a siren. A perfect choice for a songstress such as Azura. Will she teach her main Lost in Thoughts All Alone?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I disagree with Nyx/Leo using psychic types just because they're mages.

I'd think Nyx would probably use ghost types, since those are more closely associated with curses and hexes. Heck, there's even ghost type moves called "curse" and "hex". I'm not sure which three I'd pick for her, though. A Banette, maybe?

I would think Leo would use dark types, just because using the "evil" type seems fitting for him. I'm thinking Spiritomb(curses/hexes), Shiftry(Brynhilde) and Bisharp(Steel-type with a chess theme). If he needed something to mega evolve, I guess it'd probably be Houndoom for it's skeletal theme matches well with the Dark Knight class.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

I also think it's kind of creepy Corrin can marry his cousin.

Top Bottom