• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Lol at everyone picking Dragonstones for their items. Hope y'all are manaketes, otherwise you've just acquired a nice decorative rock!

I'd probably ask first for something like a Fire+7 or Disrobing Gale+7 tome (of course I'd ask for maximum forged items), because my magic proficiency is probably not high enough for me to use anything not ranked E. Gotta think of the practical things when considering these questions. Once I have one of those, then I could train to raise my proficiency high enough to use something like Mjolnir or Nosferatu.
I can still throw a magical indestrutible stone in others face even note being a manakete
And missiletain although is locked to ophelia is gameplaywise only (like chrom cant use lucina's falchion)

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Guys, if you know who I am, congratulations. If you do not then learn.

I am here to show you that everybody can be saved personally through Niles. A passionate follower of Niles, @Skyward, has shown me the Way. If you click this link we can all be saved. Listen to his voice and be safe in Him.

Blessed be Niles.

D

Deleted member

Guys, if you know who I am, congratulations. If you do not then learn.

I am here to show you that everybody can be saved personally through Niles. A passionate follower of Niles, @Skyward, has shown me the Way. If you click this link we can all be saved. Listen to his voice and be safe in Him.

Blessed be Niles.
I'm surprised that you didn't link to this...

Hunger Games Simulator can be fun, especially when you make your own weird events like this:
S-Support Fail.png

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I finally started the Heirs of Fate DLC. I've beaten the first two thus far, and I thought I'd share my thoughts.

I like how Shigure actually narrates the opening. Female Kana's crying didn't seem as impactful as the Japanese version. I don't mind the English dub of Fates for the most part, but if someone were to ask me what moments I had in Fates where the dub was lackluster compared to the original, I'd say the first scene where Kana cries is one. I remember watching the opening clip of Heirs of Fate 1 when it came out in Japan, and damn, Kana's crying sounded pretty genuine to the point I felt a little empty. In the dub... the crying felt rather flat.

Alright, that aside, they show a special art piece of Kana walking alone through the rain, having just separated from her father and not knowing what to do. She runs into Mitama and Selkie, and the two explain their situation. Pretty much their coming from the same circumstances: they were chilling in their Deep Realm, invaders attacked, their dads had to fight them off and begging their children to flee, then the child flees and doesn't see their dad again. They all run into Kiragi and Hisame, who are trying to fight off some soldiers. Kiragi struggles to land a some attacks with the Fujin Yumi, but he eventually succeeds, convincing the group to fight on instead of flee.

It took me two tries to complete this month. Kiragi died on the first attempt when we got mauled by those mercenaries at the northeast corner. The second try went a lot better, but it was still a pretty good challenge. Selkie usually isn't the best to throw against physical attackers, but for this battle, she has the highest defense out of the five children thanks to her Beastrune, so if I ever needed to tank, she did the job well. Selkie and Airagi took out the first two Dark Mages, while Kana and Hisame worked together to take out the Fighters to the right. Everyone started to close in on the Maid, but Percy and the Wyvern Riders were closing in. Luckily, they weren't too hard to take out. Kiragi one-shotted Percy, and Kana, Hisame, and Selkie worked together to take out the other two. The maid was fairly easy to handle too. Once the right side was taken care of, I decided to move to the left. It made sense because Soleil had an Armorslayer which would be very useful against Ignatius and the Knights near him.

Taking out the Lancers and the incoming Knights weren't too hard. Beating the Mercenary team, on the other hand, was a bit of a challenge. Soleil uses a Killing Edge, so Mitama had to use Rally Luck every now and then to prevent a crit from happening. My units had to be temporarily Dual Stanced trying to survive the mercenaries, but they pulled through. I gave the Armorslayer to Kana, and it was off to take out Ignatius and those final batch of Knights. My strategy with handling them was to one-shot those extra two knights to build up Kana's Dual Guard meter to the point that she would be protected from an attack by Ignatius that would kill her. This worked out, and I was able to take out Ignatius.

Now it was time to enter the battle room. I was pretty nervous at this point because of Velouria, and there were two Maids ready to debuff anyone so that she could make easier kills. I used Selkie to open the door, then Kiragi took out the Flame Shuriken Maid with Selkie's help. Now it was time to take out the other Maid. I used Hisame and Kiragi to do the job. Hisame had a VERY lucky dodge when the Maid tried to attack. This allowed Hisame to keep his stats and thus not be one-shotted by Velouria, with the only worry being Velouria landing a crit. Luckily, Velouria doesn't land a crit and Hisame and Kiragi manage to land some damage. Selkie landed the final blow.

Only Siegbert was left standing. My strategy to take him out was to leave Kiragi in attack range but only allow him to counterattack so that he wouldn't die quickly. Kana was there for the Attack Stance, while Mitama used Rally Luck to lower the chance of a critical hit (further helped by Kiragi's personal skill). After some damage death back forth, I belittled Siegbert's HP so that Selkie would land the final blow and finish the chapter.

Afterwards, Azura appears as a ghost and gives Kana a Dragonstone. Would've been much more useful if he had one before the battle because Selkie was the closest unit we had to a tank, but oh well. We then see Shigure sing the Birthright song, and we learn Matthew Mercer has quite the good singing voice. Shigure talks about how this song is played "when one chooses the cherry blossom over the rose," which was pretty clever way of referring to each route based on their respective flower.

I was then awarded with the Skill-taker and Luck-taker skills.
Male Kana has turned into a dragon and is on a rampage, Dwyer and Sophie try to do subdue it, but to no avail. Meanwhile, Forrest, Ophelia, and Nina discuss their situation and their strategy. Once again, all the children had similar circumstances regarding how they supposedly lost their parents. Ophelia also carried a special stone with her. I thought it was a Dragonstone... but it wasn't. It isn't long before all the children units end up on the same battlefield. At least Kana gets to fight in his dragon form this time! ... except he doesn't get OP stats like what happened in his paralogue and Corrin in Chapter 5.

I've heard horror stories regarding how hard this map is, so I watched a Let's Play video of it prior to playing so that I could get an idea how to approach it. It took me five tries in the end. Most of my screw-ups happened around the area Rhajat's area, while my fourth attempt had me fail around the part where those added units near Asugi swarmed in and killed Forrest.

Anyway, for those that are trying to tackle this map on Hard difficulty, here's how I completed it:

On the first turn, I had Kana attack the Samurai on the right, one of the two that was standing at the doorway. Sophie then finished off that Samurai. I moved Dwyer away to a spot where the left Samurai wouldn't attack him. I then moved Forrest toward Dwyer so that the two could chat. Ophelia was placed on the farthest enemy tile on the left, and Nina was right below Ophelia for the Attack Stance. This set-up allowed on Samurai to go down, while Ophelia and Nina took care of the other on the following. The Wyrmslayer Samurais started to close in on the left. I moved Kana down enough so that he wouldn't be affected by them. Forest then moved toward the left so that he could take out that non-Wyrmslayer Samurai. Sophie hanged around the bottom enemy tile area so that she could soften up the incoming Wyrmslayer Samurai when it moved on the enemy phase. On the following turn, it was either Ophelia or Nina that finished off that Samurai with the help from an Attack Stance. The Wyrmslayer Samurai duo were also closing in, and it took a collaborative effort between Forrest and Sophie to take out the first one, while it was easy to weaken up the remaining Samurai to the point that Kana could easily finish it off.

Now it was time to enter the middle portion of the left side. I moved Nina to the far corner of the hallway to bait one Ninja towards her. Sophie was right next to her to ensure the ninja would go down easily. The plan works. A Spear Fighter and an Oni Savage were arriving shortly after. Kana took out the Oni Savage, while the Spear Fighter was taken out using the tomes. After that, Kana moved towards the left to bring the Automaton toward him. I let the extra Ninja arrive toward my units so that I could heal up Nina first in order for her to deal with the Ninja. Much like the last one, she and Sophie take it out with ease. I then had Ophelia and Forrest hide behind the wall so that I could attack Rhajat from there. Rhajat dodged here and there, but I was able to take her out from behind the wall. Kana also managed to take out the Automaton around this time. He then moved forward to bait the Oni Savage toward him. I think I might've put Forrest ahead of him so that I could use him to take out that Oni Savage. The other one was not close enough for an Attack Stance, so Forrest was fine. The Diviner behind Rhajat did move behind the first Oni Savage though, but I used Kana to take it out.

It was around this point the second Wymslayer Samurai duo started closing in. It took some effort between Forest and Nina to weaken it, but the Samurais eventually had a Dual Guard meter built up, so I used Ophelia to cancel it. Sophie landed the kill on the first one. The second one then did some damage, but it was pretty easy to take out that one too. I also two extra Ninja units were closing in from the bottom. I remember using Kana to deal with them. I don't remember if I used any extra units to take care of those Ninjas, but it wasn't too hard to deal with them.

Now here's something you should know: Shiro starts to move toward your units around turn 7. My strategy from the get-go was to stay far away from him as possible so that I wouldn't have to fight him. He's a pretty threatening unit too, having a few skills from both the Samurai and Spear Figher classes. He's also a Swordmaster with his Dad's sword, so you know what that means? Yep, he's really dangerous.

As I moved my units to the right, the Automaton, the Ninjas, and the Spear Fighter from Asugi's room moved towards me. I used Kana to weaken the Spear Fighter, while another unit finished it off. I don't remember how I managed to take out the Automaton and the two Ninjas, but I know I was Dual Stancing some units around this point. I think I might've used Nina with someone else for an Attack Stance to take out one of the Ninjas. Again, I don't remember, but taking out those batch of units went pretty well. This left only Asugi and Midori...

...But now we've reached the dramatic part of this battle: Shiro! Once those extra units around Asugi and Midori were finished, Shiro finally caught up with everyone. At this point, it was either try to move everyone out and hopefully defeat Asugi in one go, or defeat Shiro. The first option seemed like the way to go, but the problem is that Asugi had a Steel Shuriken equipped, and when paired with Midori, he was ready to deliver large amounts of damage, and my hit rates were low to the point that there's a good chance I couldn't take out Asugi before Shiro arrived to gang up on everyone. Defeating Shiro would already be daunting task for reasons previously stated, but killing Shiro would mean that it wouldn't be too troublesome to deal with Asugi afterward.

So what option did I choose? I chose to fight Shiro!

"Erureido, Are you insane? Do you even know how dangerous he is to fight?"

Yes, I was well aware about that. I went with it because I knew I couldn't deal with him and Asugi at the same time. Another reason I went with this plan was because Shiro had 0% chance of landing a crit on Kana and Forrest. Both Kana and Forrest could chip away at enough damage to kill him, but the problem here is that their hit rates were pretty low, roughly around 55-65%. I knew this was going to be a huge gamble, but I decided to take the risk anyway.

Kana starts off the fight. He successfully lands a hit on Shiro so that he would be in KO range for Forrest to do the job. Shiro also misses his attack on Kana. Forrest then moves in. Vantage activates so that Shiro lands the first strike. Forrest lives and he successfully lands a hit on Shiro to finish him off. Yes, you read that right. I defeated Shiro in Heirs of Fate 2. Looks like the RNG Gods blessed me this time around!

With Shiro out of the way, the next few turns was devoted to recovering my units and setting up for the final phase. Forrest gave the Rescue staffs from the chest to Dwyer during this time. Everyone then moved in to fight Midori and Asugi. I figured it was best to take out Midori first to stop the Attack Stance going on between her and her cousin. Kana weakened Midori, while Forrest finished her off while staying behind Kana. Asugi then attacks Kana with a Flame Shuriken. This was perfect because by using a magic-oriented weapon. all of my other units would have much better hit rates than attacking him when he had a Steel Shuriken equipped. Forrest and Nina ended up killing Asugi with ease.

By killing Asugi, this opened the door to the stairs so that my units could escape. This also allowed Caeldori's units to start heading towards my direction. I knew I had to escape fast. Luckily, I was arranging my units prior so that they were close to the door. Dwyer lead the charge, and I placed him one tile beneath the escape tile so that he could use Rescue to bring Nina close to him (she was the farthest of the three units). She was the first to escape. Ophelia was one tile short from escape, but I had her pair-up with Forrest when he was one tile beneath Dwyer (also thanks to Rescue) to give her that escape option. Kana easily escaped as well, and Dwyer was the last to leave, just in time before Caeldori would arrive to mess things up.

Following the battle, Kana reverts back to human form and begins to grieve over his mother's loss. Forrest has to knock some sense into him, but the two eventually talk things out and befriend each other. Forrest seems to have a hard time recalling this specific Kana though, but Azura arrives and hints that "clinging onto past memories is the key to making wishes come true." At least, that was how I interpreted what she meant with that cryptic description. She also leaves behind a Dragonstone for Male Kana. The xenologue ends with Shigure singing the Conquest song, as he mentions it is the song to those who chose "the rose over the cherry blossom."

I also got the Magic-taker for completing this map without losing a single unit.

Heirs of Fates is enjoyable thus far. It's nice to see more character coming from the children characters. Selkie and Nina don't even act like there usual selves from what I've seen (a.k.a. Selkie doesn't seem to talk much about playing, while Nina doesn't seem to be in her fujoshi phase until a certain moment in Heirs of Fate 2) and end up becoming more serious. I probably tackle Heirs of Fate 3 sometime tomorrow.

Last edited:

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
I am just baffled by the fact that the units I've encountered online are so OP. Like every stat is maxed out and green. And how in the world can I get 400 BP for the Ganglari?

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
I really have no idea who thought ambush spawns were a good idea. I had to restart chapter 18 of awakening because a valkyrie ambush spawned and doubled stahl and killed him on full health.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I really have no idea who thought ambush spawns were a good idea. I had to restart chapter 18 of awakening because a valkyrie ambush spawned and doubled stahl and killed him on full health.
That's how Fire Emblem has been for the past 26 years.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I didnt mean that awakening introduced the concept but that i just dislike the concept in general as its very unfair.
Yeah, i agree on that. But at least what happened to you in Awakening wasn't as bad as what happens in Binding Blade Ch.21 and Blazing Sword Ch.27.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Yeah, i agree on that. But at least what happened to you in Awakening wasn't as bad as what happens in Binding Blade Ch.21 and Blazing Sword Ch.27.
In binding blade the reinforcments move in the turn they spawn? In awakening hard they move (long as i remember) and that is a sad thing because i had to rush in everyplace they could spawn because if not they would kill one person before i even had chance to defeat them

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
In binding blade the reinforcments move in the turn they spawn?
Not all the time. But in Ch.21, the reinforcements depend on your location, and they keep spawning for like, 10 turns. And that wouldn't be so bad, except you have to clear the map in thirty turns if you want to get the Apocalypse Tome.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Not all the time. But in Ch.21, the reinforcements depend on your location, and they keep spawning for like, 10 turns. And that wouldn't be so bad, except you have to clear the map in thirty turns if you want to get the Apocalypse Tome.
I stopped binding blade before this chapter, but its win condition is seize. Right? So you could seize before killing everyone if the turn count is close to 30 (roy alredy should be lv 20, 5 chapters earlier so no problem with him alone in the throne just waiting) except if you're saying that they move from spawn in thr same turn(and thats is a problem because i ALWAYS cant remember the full danger zone)

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Everyone has been talking about how Team Instinct's leader strongly resembles Odin Dark, but I think this is worth sharing too.

Not going to lie, but I can really see the resemblance between Blanche and Takumi.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I stopped binding blade before this chapter, but its win condition is seize. Right? So you could seize before killing everyone if the turn count is close to 30 (roy alredy should be lv 20, 5 chapters earlier so no problem with him alone in the throne just waiting) except if you're saying that they move from spawn in thr same turn(and thats is a problem because i ALWAYS cant remember the full danger zone)
I don't remember if they move in the same turn as they spawn in, but i'm pretty sure they do.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Odin Spark...

Family bonding time with Odin and Ophelia.
I joined Team Instinct because I want to become the legendary trainer of legend, on my quest to find the valuable and powerful Pikachu! My Poke Ball hand hungers with power!
The sparkness whispers and it electrifies me... with POWER!

Last edited by a moderator:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Same-turn reinforcements are, and always have been, a bad idea. There are acceptable ways of employing them, such as in Awakening, when they warn you that there are reinforcements on the way. This is... okay. And then there's the Binding Blade way, where Rutger & company just randomly spawn in the middle of the field. Um, wtf?

Also, I started New Mystery of the Emblem on an emulator, and, wow, the battle animations sure look ugly...

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
Same-turn reinforcements are, and always have been, a bad idea. There are acceptable ways of employing them, such as in Awakening, when they warn you that there are reinforcements on the way. This is... okay. And then there's the Binding Blade way, where Rutger & company just randomly spawn in the middle of the field. Um, wtf?

Also, I started New Mystery of the Emblem on an emulator, and, wow, the battle animations sure look ugly...
I,d have to disagree with awakenings ambush spawns being okay. You still dont know what turn they will come on specifically, what units they will be, how many are going to spawn and how strong they,ll be. They're still just as unpredictable and stupid as a mechanic.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Also, I started New Mystery of the Emblem on an emulator, and, wow, the battle animations sure look ugly
Yeah, the DS Fire Emblem games had pretty ugly battle animations. But good luck on New Mystery of the Emblem. Even though i played the original Mystery of the Emblem, i can say that New Mystery of the Emblem is a good game.

Nah

Smash Champion
iirc they only warn you once about incoming reinforcements in Awakening. Every other time they just show up. Reinforcements just popping up isn't so bad, what's bad is that they usually get to move right after spawning.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
So I did my own Hunger Games Simulator with the Fates characters (royals and retainers), and my god, Effie and Elise went ham lmao.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I,d have to disagree with awakenings ambush spawns being okay. You still dont know what turn they will come on specifically, what units they will be, how many are going to spawn and how strong they,ll be. They're still just as unpredictable and stupid as a mechanic.
Importantly, you know approximately when they'll come, and where they'll likely be coming from. While you still don't know what the units will be, you can take measures to strategize around that. Of course, same-turn reinforcements are still a bad idea, but this about the best sort of execution you can have for that bad idea.

iirc they only warn you once about incoming reinforcements in Awakening. Every other time they just show up. Reinforcements just popping up isn't so bad, what's bad is that they usually get to move right after spawning.
Moving right after spawning is what same-turn reinforcements mean. And yeah, they only warn you once for when the reinforcements are going to start spawning. Should probably just expect them to keep coming until they stop spawning. Regular reinforcements are fine, and that's probably the way they should've done it all along.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Because 95% of all players hacked their units.

Just battle other Castles.
Ok, One: I ran into a guy with Revelations Mikoto and 5 sets of Visitation Seals. 5 rows of 35 Seals...Jesus. Two: What do you mean I have to battle other castles? I can do it myself? I thought I had to have other people battle MY castle.

Nah

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, speaking of castles:

In case anyone wanted to visit. Not that I have a terribly interesting castle or anything.

I'm not sure which of my castles it's gonna send you to though, I'm not all that familiar with Fates's online stuff.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, speaking of castles:

In case anyone wanted to visit. Not that I have a terribly interesting castle or anything.

I'm not sure which of my castles it's gonna send you to though, I'm not all that familiar with Fates's online stuff.
I'd love to visit, but I'm in Europe.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Anyone want to see a Fire Emblem Fates parody online featuring the upcoming Disney princess movie, Moana?

Funny, Corrin's Japanese name could be parodied to be "Kamaui", hence how this parody came to be.

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
Ok, One: I ran into a guy with Revelations Mikoto and 5 sets of Visitation Seals. 5 rows of 35 Seals...Jesus. Two: What do you mean I have to battle other castles? I can do it myself? I thought I had to have other people battle MY castle.
Yeah, depending on the castle power, you'll run into some ridiculous or impossible teams.
When you visit other castles, walk up to the host Corrin and you can battle their team in their castle or yours. You get more points for fighting in their castle, but you have to deal with buildings and defenses. Make sure to leave feedback and send an accessory, I think that nets you extra Visit and Battle points.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
And so the misadventures of RNG continues.

Why you sic Ryoma on the fool.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
And so the misadventures of RNG continues.

Why you sic Ryoma on the fool.

And just today, I too had RNG misfortunes.

On my second attempt with Heirs of Fate 3, there came a point where I needed to take out a single Faceless with Rhajat or else it would kill her. She used a Horse Spirit on the Faceless, and she could land two hits on it for 80% along with Midori landing some decent damage with the Attack Stance. When Rhajat attacked... she missed both times. Midori landed the hit from the Attack Guard, but because Rhajat failed to kill the Faceless, it killed her on the enemy phase.

Yeah, 80% wasn't as high as 91%, but still, it was pretty frustrating.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, depending on the castle power, you'll run into some ridiculous or impossible teams.
When you visit other castles, walk up to the host Corrin and you can battle their team in their castle or yours. You get more points for fighting in their castle, but you have to deal with buildings and defenses. Make sure to leave feedback and send an accessory, I think that nets you extra Visit and Battle points.
Ok thanks Galm. I'll be sure to battle them from now on.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Points for MyCastle work like this:

You both get 1 Visit Point for each of the following:
- Just visiting a castle
- Leaving feedback with the castle assistant
- Giving an accessory (you keep the accessory though, so it just gives them a copy)
- Using a building

You get 1 Battle Point for each of the following:
- Battling another castle (doesn't matter whether it's in yours or theirs)
- Leaving feedback after the battle
- Winning the battle (whoever wins the battle gets the extra point)

So basically always leave feedback and always give an accessory. This guarantees that you'll get 3 Visit Points for each castle you go to, and at least 2 battle points for every battle!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Took care of Heirs of Fate 3 and 4, as well as the 5th one this morning.

Shiro, Asugi, Caeldori, Rhajat, and Midori retreat after their recent loss. Shiro and Asugi get into a bit of a scuffle regarding whether or not they should keep running away or fight their foes, with Caeldori and Midori acting as mediators. It isn't long before they run into the same enemies again, this time caught within the same forest where Leo is fought in Birthright Chapter 18.

It took me four tries to beat this map. The first attempt failed due to not anticipating Male Kana's forces advancement. The second attempt was a bit better, beating both Sophie and Kana... but then there were several Faceless nearby. Rhajat could've taken one out before it killed her... but both her attacks missed due to stupid RNG shenanigans and she falls to that Faceless. Third attempt ended in failure when I misplaced Caeldori to the point she was killed from an unexpected stance between a Faceless and a Knight. Now for the fourth/successful attempt...

Shiro handled the first three Faceless with ease. He then took care another one on the bottom left area. This brought another Faceless and a Fighter close by, but it was easy to kill these units from there. The same can be said about the General, Lancer, and Maid that popped up. After those three units were dealt with, everyone retreated to the center-right area and paired up with one another to get ready for Kana's forces. Things go swimmingly handling them, although Dwyer retreats to hide behind Forrest.

From there, everyone proceeded in a U-like fashion to reach the next area. Shiro handled the Faceless around the center-left. He was hit by a Stoneborn afterward. Shiro then went for the Stoneborn around the top, with Caeldori finishing it off to take the Elixir. A similar strategy was applied to take out the Stoneborn around the center of the map.

Then it was time to deal with Forrest. The lucky was thing that the units surrounding didn't charge toward Shiro when he was in their range, so it wasn't too hard to reach him. Shiro managed to land two hits on him in the process, but took a hit on the process. With 2 HP, Forrest was hanging on the edge. The only character nearby that can kill him is Rhajat using a Tiger Spirit... but she has a 60% chance of landing a hit. I move her in and let her attack... and she lands the hit! I legitimately cheered for two minutes to let that sink in.

Following the battle, Shiro tries to finish off the foes, but the other Hoshido children come in to save him in the nick of time. Everyone meets up and plans the next move. Also, Shiro and Asugi are back on good terms again.

I get a Strenghtaker for clearing the map without losing a single unit.
Time to see what's going on with Siegbert and his group. Once again, the units are recovering from their recent loss, and most of them get into disagreements. Velouria even makes Percy cry by being blunt about what probably happened to Arthur. Siegbert debates whether or not he should run away or fight, but with the help of his retainer, Soleil, he decides to fight on. Everyone forgives each other, and it's off to battle.

Now this map took me multiple tries to get right. Much of my failed attempts happened around the base of the wall where Hisame and his units are. Much of it involved RNG shenanigans not happening in my favor (those Samurais can be pretty dodgy), though one was a misstep where I put Percy in range of Kiragi's launcher, causing him to be weakened and killed by the nearby Mercenary. I did make it very far in another attempt, though the failure resulted from Selkie being a dodgy unit and myself not anticipating her personal skill. Even then, this was still a fun map (though I guess it's because the Hoshido Wall is one of my favorite maps in all of Fates).

On the successful attempt, the battle started with Ignatius pairing up with Siegbert (and Ignatius stayed that way for the rest of the battle for the Dual Guard bonus and to make Siegbert almost indestructible), and then Siegbert weakening one of the units around the top of the starting point. Percy made the finishing blow afterward. Velouria and Soleil chilled around the back to bait one of the Fighters toward them. On the following turn, Percy took out the unit with the Pike-Ruin Club to take it from him. Siegbert weakened another unit, and Velouria finished it off. Siegbert then arrived at the first batch of tiles around the Cavaliers' area to bait them towards him. He took out one of them, then another on the following turn. Velouria handled the last Cavalier, and Percy + Soleil moved towards the forts. A Diviner+Dark Mage and Cavalier+Archer pair-ups appeared in the forts to the right, so I sent Siegbert to handle them. He managed to work up a Dual Guard meter to shield against the magic units, so handling those two team-ups were pretty easy. He then returned to the other units to heal up at the forts, then it was off to fight Hisame and his units.

Siegbert dealt with the two Knights, as well as the two magic units. He's about at half health at this point, but with only the two Mercenaries and Hisame+his Samurai, Siegbert didn't have to worry about being killed. Taking out the units wasn't very hard for the most part. Siegbert managed to take out Hisame, and it was around that point that Forrest and his forces arrived. I moved Siegbert+Ignatius closer to the enemy forces near Forrest and his gang, while Velouria+Soleil and Percy handled the Samurai left behind. Forrest's crew take out the enemy soldiers close by with fair ease, and Forrest heads straight to Siegbert to meet up, thus giving me access to 6 more units.

It was around this point Shiro and his forces arrived. Great, Shiro again and the Raijnto... except this time, there was no running away from him. You HAVE to take him out since the mission objective is "Rout the Enemy." Luckily, the game makes it manageable. Caeldori has a Swordcatcher, and she flies toward the forts below to summon more Pegasus Knights. I pair Nina with Percy so that he won't get doubled by them, and I send him off because he has the Pike-Ruin Club to slaughter all of them. He takes Caeldori's Swordcatcher in the process, and then he heads back to the main group to give Siegbert a Swordcatcher. While he had a 55% chance of landing a hit, Siegbert took out Shiro in one hit thanks to this newly received weapon. There was still Midori, Rhajat, and Asugi to handle though. Siegbert one shotted Rhajat; I forgot who took out Asugi though. I do know that Midori was taken out with the help of Ophelia and Velouria. With those units left, the only units left were Female Kana, Selkie (who paired up with Kana halfway through the fight), Mitama, four Knights, two Archers, Kiragi, and the two Spear Fighters standing next to him.

Siegbert climbs up the far right stairs and kills the Archer there, positioning himself so that he could take out the two Knights that would head towards him. After those two were dealt with, he headed back down the wall and proceeded toward the farthest left stairs. A similar strategy is applied: take out the Archer and position himself so that the two Knights will come toward him so that he can snag some easy kills. The plan works, but Kana, Selkie, and Mitama chase after him. Siegbert then moves into Kiragi's room, causing Kana's group to retreat. Dwyer moves along the bottom portion of the wall to be within range for Physic and Rescue use for Siegbert. Siegbert took out the first Spear Fighter with a critical hit. It takes two hits to take out the second one. Siegbert does get some damage in the process because the Spear Fighter had a Bolt Naginata, but it wasn't that troublesome when going up against Kiragi.

You see, unlike Takumi in Conquest Chapter 23, Kiragi doesn't have Point Blank, so you could safely attack him from one space away. It took several turns for Siegbert to take him out though, because he wasn't landing one shots and Kiragi kept healing himself thanks to his Vulneraries and the throne he was standing on. Once Kiragi was finished, Dwyer used Rescue to bring Siegbert+Ignatius back to the bottom of the wall without having to go through Kana's portion.

Siegbert worked his way back, and he took out Mitama to build up a Dual Guard meter. Thus, when Kana attacked, she only landed one hit. Siegbert then retreated to the bottom of the wall for Dwyer to heal him. Then Siegbert went up the wall and let Kana attack him while damaging her in the process. This pattern happens for the next several turns until Kana is finally taken out. Once that happens, two more magic units arrive from the left and two Cavaliers from the right. Siegbert retreats again to be healed up. After that, he went back up to deal with Selkie. It was fairly easy for him to defeat her, since his defense was so that Beastbane didn't harm him at all (Selkie only did one damage as a matter of fact).

I then moved all the anti-mage units to the left and the physical units to the right respectively. All the units climb the wall afterward and take out those last few units with ease.

After the battle, it looks the ultimate showdown between Hoshido's children vs Nohr's children. They are warped into Valla and notice the human sides of each other. It hits them that they are both coming from similar experiences, and thus they aren't enemies to each other. Everyone warps back to the Hoshido Wall, but now the two Kanas want to kill each other. Just as its about to get ugly, Shigure arrives to save the day. He sings to calm them down, and oh my, Matt Mercer's singing was on point! Shigure then warps the children to Valla again to explain the situation.

As it turns out, the Hoshido children and the Nohr children come from the Birthright and Conquest universes respectively. Anankos wants to begin the next phase of his plan of wiping out humanity by having the children kill each other by messing with the Astral Planes. This fact causes the children to have some animosity towards each other just as they were about to get along. This is particularly seen with Shiro and Siegbert, who start questioning each other with hostility how the other's sacred weapon probably killed their fathers.

I also find it funny how if you give your Kana a gender-specific name, it will still carry over to the other Kana's parent. It was pretty much intended for the name to be Corrin here, but thanks to Corrin being an avatar character, you can make things a bit awkward.
The recent revelation from Shigure is still making Shiro and Siegbert mad at one another. Now, they are giving each other the silent treatment. Even Kiragi and Forrest start to show some signs of animosity towards each other. The Kana's try to have the children reconcile, but they can't do much. It isn't long before the children are separated. Shiro and Siegbert end up together alone, while the same can be said about Forrest and Kiragi. Luckily, it is during these moments that the children start to get along, because they work together to use the Dragon Veins to reconvene with the others. Meanwhile, the Kanas and Shigure run into Arete, leading into battle.

The objective here is to kill Sumeragi, Arete, and Mikoto. Mikoto is waiting behind a crystal barrier, but it will open up once Sumeragi and Arete are defeated. The Kanas and Shigure start off around the center aisle where there are some decent-strength enemies around. Shiro and Siegbert arrive on the left aisle, where Sumeragi, a Hero, and a Dark Knight are waiting. Forrest and Shiro arrive at the right aisle, where Arete is waiting with a Great Master and two Great Knights. Nina, Ophelia, and Hisame arrive on Sumargi's side, Asugi + Soleil on Arete's side, and Dwyer + Mitama on the Kanas' aisle arrive a turn after the royals arrive.

I managed to complete this map on my first try, but it took me a while. It wasn't too hard dealing with the first batch of enemies near the Kanas and Shigure. Shigure has a Sun Festival for healing and there's a fort nearby should the Kanas receive some solid damage. Wyvern Lords + one Malig Knight arrive at the left side, and a few Falcon Knights arrive on the left side. They weren't too hard to deal with though. The real challenge came with dealing Sumeragi and Arete, especially the former.

I had to pair Siegbert with Ophelia for the Resistance. I knew I had to take out the Dark Knight before dealing with Sumeragi because it had a Speed Thunder equipped. Siegbert dealt some decent damage to it and allowed Shiro to finish it off. Shiro also paired up with Hisame for the speed boost so that he can outspeed his grandfather. Sumeragi and the Hero try to take out Siegbert, but he hangs on thanks to the Dual Guard. Siegbert then takes out the Hero, leaving only Sumeragi. Shiro managed to land two hits on Sumeragi and even dodged one attack from him. On the following turn, Sumeragi did hit him though, while Shiro's finishing attack missed. Shigure had to fly over every now and then to heal Shiro, and with a Guard Naginata equipped, he'd be ready for Sumeragi should he try to kill him. Mitama and Dwyer also helped with the healing in the distance. Luckily, Sumeragi never went after Shigure: usually only Siegbert or Shiro. Shiro eventually lands the final blow on Sumeragi. A Faceless arrived on a fort that Nina was chilling nearby, but Shigure arrived in the nick of time to protect her. Shiro takes care of it as well.

Arete was much easier to deal with. It was easy to kill the Great Knights by baiting them to Kiragi, then take them out from there. Once I got to Arete, I had Forrest stand over her farthest tile (because he had the highest Resistance) with Kiragi behind him for the Attack Stance. It took several turns to weaken Arete, and then Asugi and Soleil finished the job, namely with Soleil getting the critical during an Attack Stance.

Everyone then moves toward the center. The barrier has been broken, and a few Faceless start closing in. Luckily, I managed to take out two of them before things got ugly... well, the situation was becoming rather nigh. The Faceless and Stoneborn just keep coming, so I started to move all my units toward Mikoto once her surrounding units were dealt with; I also gave the Master Seals to Dwyer and Mitama for them to upgrade and use their weapon should the situation call for it. She did lower Kiragi and Shiro's stats though (while I did succeed with Silence once to prevent her from using it on a third unit). Luckily, killing Mikoto wasn't too hard. Shiro did some damage, followed by Forrest to put her in KO range by Female Kana's Kodachi. I tried to use Female Kana to finish her off, but I forgot that Mikoto had Vantage, thus allowing her to attack first and complete the Dual Guard meter before Kana could attack. Luckily, Male Kana managed to finish her off instead.

Following the battle, the gate to Anankos opens, and the other children units arrive. Once everyone arrives at the castle, the Kanas try to turn their swords into the Omega Yato, but they got stopped by Shigure's song. Shigure then reveals that everyone actually came from different worlds for each child, not just the Birthright and Conquest universes. Shigure comes from an alternate ending to the Revelation universe where the group failed to kill Anankos. Shigure insists he will handle Anankos alone and warps everyone away. Things are getting pretty interesting now.

I also got the Speedtaker and Resistancetaker for beating this map without losing a single unit.

And with that, I only have Heirs of Fate 6 left. I'll probably beat it later tonight.

Top Bottom