• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
This just in! There's an exiting news update for all the Fates fans here!

It has been announced that four drama CDs for Fire Emblem Fates will be released in Japan on September 21, 2016: two for Birthright and two for Conquest. The Birthright CDs will primarily focus on Takumi for both as well male Corrin for the second one, while the Conquest CDs will focus on Leo for the first one and female Corrin for the second one. These are the titles for each of the drama CDs:
  • Birthright Drama CD 1: Takumi’s Prequel – Corrin’s Homecoming Tale
  • Birthright Drama CD 2: Takumi’s Prequel – Decision Time Tale
  • Conquest Drama CD 1: Northern Fortress Tale – Leo and Xander’s Conflict
  • Conquest Drama CD 2: Corrin’s Birthday Tale – Turbulent My Castle
It looks like the Birthright CDs will examine what was really going on with Takumi during the events of male Corrin's first visit to Hoshido and the events leading up to the Branch of Fates. Meanwhile, the Conquest CDs will probably examine female Corrin's time in the Northern Fortress as well as Leo's struggles, while the latter seems to be some slice-of-life My Castle fun. All the stories have been supervised by Intelligent Systems, as the development staff wrote them.

Another noteworthy detail regarding the drama CDs is that they come with brand new official character illustrations! We don't know if it will feature all the characters yet to receive official artwork, but hopefully it will be the case.

It's also confirmed that the complete box also comes with 2 sheets of IC card stickers featuring Takumi + his retainers and Leo + his retainers respectively.

Take a good look at them, because they give us our first glimpse at Hinata, Niles, and Odin's official artworks!

The rest of the details regarding the Fates drama CDs can be read here.

Anyone else pretty excited about this? I'm mainly interested in this for the character artworks, the Takumi CDs that will give his perspective in the early game events, and those card stickers.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I got bored and did a Hunger Games Simulator (remember those?) using the Fates casts.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Say that the next Fire Emblem game is a spin-off. What sort of genre would you have it be? Would you want it as a
-2D Action platformer (similar to Azure Striker Gunvolt)
-3D Adventure (like the 3D Zelda games)
-Real Time Strategy (like Xenoblade)
-Hyrule Warriors-type game

Me personally, i wouldn't mind seeing a Hyrule Warriors-type game FE game or a 2D Action Platformer FE.

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
I got bored and did a Hunger Games Simulator (remember those?) using the Fates casts.

Nohrians start a musical, Laslow thinks he's Rhajat, Corrin kills Corrin, and apparently Sakura is the true Lobster Lord.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion

so much for Hoshido being the peace-loving nation....Sakura is ****in' brutal yo

Xator Nova

Smash Rookie
I've been planning on playing New Mystery or Genealogy sometime here, whenever I get around to either. I haven't any plans to play Thracia 776, because of the fatigue mechanic. I've heard too much about that stupid mechanic to make me want to go play that one. Besides, there are plenty of other games to play, or other activities to engage myself with, such as banging my head against a wall.
Thracia's fatigue mechanic is not even bad. I don't think I've ever had to worry about it outside of the staff users, and you can use a Stamina Bag to reduce fatigue to zero at the start of each map. xD

There's no need to fear for Thracia, it's quite an easy game to beat (not to SSS rank, though! that's a whole different beast).

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Thracia's fatigue mechanic is not even bad
I have to respectfully disagree. I said this in a previous post, but the way i see it, Thracia's fatigue mechanic punishes the player for playing the game. I believe there shouldn't have been fatigue to begin with but if they wanted to have fatigue, they could've made it less punishing. For example, a stat debuff would've been much better than not being able to use that unit in the next chapter.

I don't think I've ever had to worry about it outside of the staff users,
That's one example of how fatigue punishes the player. Most Staff-users have low max HP. Staff-users exist as healers which is a good thing. But in Thracia, using your Staff-users too much will prevent you from using in the next chapter, which is stupid. Staff-users make it easier to keep your units alive but Thracia doesn't like that.

you can use a Stamina Bag to reduce fatigue to zero at the start of each map. xD
When you have them, which isn't all the time. The earliest you get them is Ch.9 by buying them at the vendors. But they cost 5,000 Gold, and that money could be used for something else, such as buying better weapons.

There's no need to fear for Thracia, it's quite an easy game to beat
You have to be incredibly hardcore to say that. Last time i played Thracia, the difficulty of the game was honestly stressing me out. It was not fun dealing with both perma-death and fatigue at the same time. Whereas perma-death rightfully punishes the player's mistakes (in most cases, sometimes RNG BS happens), fatigue wrongfully punishes the player for trying to play the game.

Astellius

Smash Ace
There's anime about Fire Emblem? I think i remember that....did it have Marth in it?
Yep, it had Marth (although they called him "Mars"--good thing Fire Emblem didn't stick with that one, eh?). It's from the mid-90's. Also, with the Gamestop codes, I think that they have to be redeemed in game in the Dragon's Gate (as opposed to the main menu). I remember being somewhat confused when I redeemed my Birthright code way back when the game first came out.

Thracia's fatigue mechanic is not even bad. I don't think I've ever had to worry about it outside of the staff users, and you can use a Stamina Bag to reduce fatigue to zero at the start of each map. xD

There's no need to fear for Thracia, it's quite an easy game to beat (not to SSS rank, though! that's a whole different beast).
With Thracia, it's not so much that I'm afraid of the difficulty, it's that I'm concerned that it might be too annoying. It's probably something I'll never get around to at any rate. It'll depend on how much I like Genealogy when I get around to that. I've heard very mixed things about Thracia, but people tend to think Genealogy's really great.

My playing it will also be contingent upon the absolute destiny apocalypse not having occurred.

Last edited:

Xator Nova

Smash Rookie
I have to respectfully disagree. I said this in a previous post, but the way i see it, Thracia's fatigue mechanic punishes the player for playing the game. I believe there shouldn't have been fatigue to begin with but if they wanted to have fatigue, they could've made it less punishing. For example, a stat debuff would've been much better than not being able to use that unit in the next chapter.
I'd read your previous post but didn't want to bring up an old conversation again. How does the game punish for playing the game?

Thracia's fatigue mechanic is there to prevent abuse. The easiest way to circumvent fatigue is to not use units that much by going as fast as possible because in that way you won't need to use your combat units that much.

That's one example of how fatigue punishes the player. Most Staff-users have low max HP. Staff-users exist as healers which is a good thing. But in Thracia, using your Staff-users too much will prevent you from using in the next chapter, which is stupid. Staff-users make it easier to keep your units alive but Thracia doesn't like that.
On the other hand, the game hands you multiple staff users to circumvent that. You have Nanna, Saphy, Salem, Tina, Sleuf, Sara and Linoan, all of which the player can rotate for staff purposes (and you won't surely have all of them fatigued at the same time because why would you have seven staff users at once is beyond me).

Saphy even has a free chapter to sit out and rest in Chapter 9, since you don't need anyone other than Karin to complete it effectively.

When you have them, which isn't all the time. The earliest you get them is Ch.9 by buying them at the vendors. But they cost 5,000 Gold, and that money could be used for something else, such as buying better weapons.
Why does it matter?

There are very few weapons that you need to buy, and most of them are already weapons that you get for free such as Graphcalibur, Pugi, the Brave Axe, the Brave Lance, Nosferatu; and anything else can be gotten through the capture mechanic. The game hands you Dagdar and Finn who are pretty much perfect for the task anyways, what with being able to do four to eight attacks. I don't buy the argument that it's counterproductive to capture because another unit can take the captured unit and free it in the same turn, nullyfing the stat debuff. If you can't do that at a certain point without exposing the unit to enough combat that brings the unit to death, then don't use the capture mechanic in that point, but that doesn't mean that it's ineffective in every scenario.

In fact, it's through getting weapons with the capture mechanic that you can buy seven Stamina Bags in Chapter 14 and trivialize the mechanic for the rest of the game.

You have to be incredibly hardcore to say that. Last time i played Thracia, the difficulty of the game was honestly stressing me out. It was not fun dealing with both perma-death and fatigue at the same time. Whereas perma-death rightfully punishes the player's mistakes (in most cases, sometimes RNG BS happens), fatigue wrongfully punishes the player for trying to play the game.
Troykv Troykv isn't very experienced in Fire Emblem, and he is currently going through Thracia 776 just fine. I've been streaming Thracia 776 quite well (though my commentary of the playthrough is in spanish) and I don't consider myself to be a very good player - or at least not to the extent that other Fire Emblem players can do. xD

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhFGaPc3WGnepaEyvBpmP5NnHnbZNzALP

I don't think there's ever a point where fatigue is unfair?
I mean, until chapter 8 there's forced deployment, so fatigue is irrelevant because there won't be any unit that will be unable to participate in these maps. Units from the first four chapters sit out in the prison maps, so they rejoin with 0 fatigue, whereas the units that helped you out in the prison will logically be fatigued, but you have another group of units that can contribute meanwhile. The game hands you afterwards with quite effective units that work without much experience investment, if at all. A SSS Rank playthrough is feasible in 0% growths even with a 14 turn advantage under the requirement, which is a testament of how little you need to train your units in this game.

With Thracia, it's not so much that I'm afraid of the difficulty, it's that I'm concerned that it might be too annoying. It's probably something I'll never get around to at any rate. It'll depend on how much I like Genealogy when I get around to that. I've heard very mixed things about Thracia, but people tend to think Genealogy's really great.
It's actually the opposite case for me! Thracia is definitely my favorite FE game (an 8/10 if you want a numeric score), with Genealogy being second by quite a margin. I think that the game uses the low-resources aspect very effectively to enrich the experience and give it ludonarrative cohesiveness with the world that it tries to present.

With that said, you should definitely play Genealogy first because Thracia is a side story of it instead of its own self-contained narrative. Genealogy is also an easier game.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Say that the next Fire Emblem game is a spin-off. What sort of genre would you have it be? Would you want it as a
-2D Action platformer (similar to Azure Striker Gunvolt)
-3D Adventure (like the 3D Zelda games)
-Real Time Strategy (like Xenoblade)
-Hyrule Warriors-type game

Me personally, i wouldn't mind seeing a Hyrule Warriors-type game FE game or a 2D Action Platformer FE.
A Warriors spinoff game by Koei Tecmo, hands down. Out of all of them, it seems like the most plausible. Considering the massive amount of unique characters and settings across the series to work with, it seems like a match made in heaven.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
How does the game punish for playing the game?
Are we talking Thracia here or just games in general? Regarding Thracia, i already said how. Regarding games in general, while there haven't been too many cases that i can think of, but there are games with the dreaded "leaps of faith" or "dead-end death traps that you had no way of knowing they were there".

Thracia's fatigue mechanic is there to prevent abuse.
A reasoning i've heard countless times. And if they wanted to do that, they could've made the fatigue mechanic less punishing. Again, a stat debuff would've been much better. The Enfeeble Staff in Fates is fatigue done right.

The easiest way to circumvent fatigue is to not use units that much by going as fast as possible because in that way you won't need to use your combat units that much.
But then you run the risk of having under-leveled units.

In fact, it's through getting weapons with the capture mechanic that you can buy seven Stamina Bags in Chapter 14 and trivialize the mechanic for the rest of the game.
Admittedly, i never got that far because i stopped playing the game because i wasn't having fun. Plus, it was getting kinda stressful. And i'm actually not alone on that either, i've met a few people who also got stressed out playing Thracia 776. Unlike me, however, a few of them actually played the game to the end.

There's no need to fear for Thracia, it's quite an easy game to beat (not to SSS rank, though! that's a whole different beast)
A SSS Rank playthrough is feasible in 0% growths even with a 14 turn advantage under the requirement, which is a testament of how little you need to train your units in this game.
Wait, so which is it? Is getting an SSS rank easy or hard? Either way, i still don't think Thracia is as easy to beat as you say it is. Thracia has earned the reputation of being the hardest game in the series for a reason.

Troykv

Smash Master
I'd read your previous post but didn't want to bring up an old conversation again. How does the game punish for playing the game?

Thracia's fatigue mechanic is there to prevent abuse. The easiest way to circumvent fatigue is to not use units that much by going as fast as possible because in that way you won't need to use your combat units that much.

On the other hand, the game hands you multiple staff users to circumvent that. You have Nanna, Saphy, Salem, Tina, Sleuf, Sara and Linoan, all of which the player can rotate for staff purposes (and you won't surely have all of them fatigued at the same time because why would you have seven staff users at once is beyond me).

Saphy even has a free chapter to sit out and rest in Chapter 9, since you don't need anyone other than Karin to complete it effectively.

Why does it matter?

There are very few weapons that you need to buy, and most of them are already weapons that you get for free such as Graphcalibur, Pugi, the Brave Axe, the Brave Lance, Nosferatu; and anything else can be gotten through the capture mechanic. The game hands you Dagdar and Finn who are pretty much perfect for the task anyways, what with being able to do four to eight attacks. I don't buy the argument that it's counterproductive to capture because another unit can take the captured unit and free it in the same turn, nullyfing the stat debuff. If you can't do that at a certain point without exposing the unit to enough combat that brings the unit to death, then don't use the capture mechanic in that point, but that doesn't mean that it's ineffective in every scenario.

Troykv Troykv isn't very experienced in Fire Emblem, and he is currently going through Thracia 776 just fine. I've been streaming Thracia 776 quite well (though my commentary of the playthrough is in spanish) and I don't consider myself to be a very good player - or at least not to the extent that other Fire Emblem players can do. xD

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhFGaPc3WGnepaEyvBpmP5NnHnbZNzALP

I don't think there's ever a point where fatigue is unfair?
I mean, until chapter 8 there's forced deployment, so fatigue is irrelevant because there won't be any unit that will be unable to participate in these maps. Units from the first four chapters sit out in the prison maps, so they rejoin with 0 fatigue, whereas the units that helped you out in the prison will logically be fatigued, but you have another group of units that can contribute meanwhile. The game hands you afterwards with quite effective units that work without much experience investment, if at all. A SSS Rank playthrough is feasible in 0% growths even with a 14 turn advantage under the requirement, which is a testament of how little you need to train your units in this game.

It's actually the opposite case for me! Thracia is definitely my favorite FE game (an 8/10 if you want a numeric score), with Genealogy being second by quite a margin. I think that the game uses the low-resources aspect very effectively to enrich the experience and give it ludonarrative cohesiveness with the world that it tries to present.

With that said, you should definitely play Genealogy first because Thracia is a side story of it instead of its own self-contained narrative. Genealogy is also an easier game.
Yes! Thracia that can be passed perfectly without depending a lot in stats (unlike other games where it's practically impossible), the enemies are don't particuarly hard, and the tanky enemies are usually vulnerable to some weapon like the Armorslayers, Bows and magic.

Thracia while isn't completely anti - low mannaging the game does its best to make you try many interesting options.

And some characters are powerful regardless of the irregular growths.

Additionaly, the whole game design makes three of the four "Est-like" characters units actually worth it options (Sleuf, Homer and Sara), unlike the other games where is just better continue with the normal juggernauts.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Additionaly, the whole game design makes three of the four "Est-like" characters units actually worth it options, unlike the other games where is just better continue with the normal juggernauts.
Est-types have always been worth it though. I used to think they weren't, but after actually training Sophia in Binding Blade, i discovered how useful Est-types can actually be. Of course, Corple is the only Est-type that sucks but that's only because he joins two chapters before Endgame as a Staff-locked unit in a game where the minimum promotion level is 20.

Troykv

Smash Master
Est-types have always been worth it though. I used to think they weren't, but after actually training Sophia in Binding Blade, i discovered how useful Est-types can actually be. Of course, Corple is the only Est-type that sucks but that's only because he joins two chapters before Endgame as a Staff-locked unit in a game where the minimum promotion level is 20.
You really need to try Sara, she has really low defenses (something normal in a Mage anyway) but otherwise her growths are absurly powerful, she is also has three really cool skills (Miracle, Paragon and Wrath), B Base Staff Rank, she's already able to use Magic Tomes and she has a chance of 25% to move again.... Yes, that is right.. A 25% chance.

Xator Nova

Smash Rookie
Are we talking Thracia here or just games in general? Regarding Thracia, i already said how. Regarding games in general, while there haven't been too many cases that i can think of, but there are games with the dreaded "leaps of faith" or "dead-end death traps that you had no way of knowing they were there".
We're talking about Thracia.

A reasoning i've heard countless times. And if they wanted to do that, they could've made the fatigue mechanic less punishing. Again, a stat debuff would've been much better. The Enfeeble Staff in Fates is fatigue done right.
¿¿??
Enfeeble works very differently than whatever fatigue tries to do. The "Enfeeble" could potentially work in the earlygame, but once your units cap their stats way above the capabilities of your enemies, having a stat reduction doesn't mean much. For example, Asvel and Finn can cheese through the game with nearly zero percent chance of dying even with base stats + promotion.

But then you run the risk of having under-leveled units.
As I said in my earlier post, you don't need to train your units. They perform really well just with a Lv10 promotion.

Admittedly, i never got that far because i stopped playing the game because i wasn't having fun. Plus, it was getting kinda stressful. And i'm actually not alone on that either, i've met a few people who also got stressed out playing Thracia 776. Unlike me, however, a few of them actually played the game to the end.
Well, if you weren't having fun, I can't really do much about it, it simply isn't your kind of game, xD

The latter point doesn't tell me anything because I've met a lot of people who loved the game to the very end, and it's just as valid to bring that up.

Wait, so which is it? Is getting an SSS rank easy or hard? Either way, i still don't think Thracia is as easy to beat as you say it is. Thracia has earned the reputation of being the hardest game in the series for a reason.
It is hard, but it has nothing to do with the power of your units relative to the enemies, but rather because of the level construction itself. You don't need to train your units that much or at all (I mean, it's the game where Dagdar at base stats can 2HKO promoted Mercenaries in Chapter 22, for ****'s sake), but rather make REALLY good strategies to clear the maps very quickly. It's a very different kind of difficulty than most other FE games.

If the reputation comes from clearing the game unranked, then it's an undeserved reputation, and I think I can offer enough arguments to defend my position. If anything, I can strongly posit the argument that FE12 H4 is the hardest game in the series.

----------------------------------------------

As a side note, I know that this is your discussion with other person, but after reading this...
I couldn't not point the irony of you using Sofiya as your example for Ests being worth the training with, when it's Troykv the biggest Sofiya fan I know, yet in spite of that he can easily admit that she's not worth it, XDD

(I know it's not something that you should have known about him, I just found it to be a funny coincidence)

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
You really need to try Sara, she has really low defenses (something normal in a Mage anyway) but otherwise her growths are absurly powerful, she is also has three really cool skills (Miracle, Paragon and Wrath), B Base Staff Rank, she's already able to use Magic Tomes
I never got far enough to recruit Sara. But i'm not suprised she's good. She's an Est-type, of course she's good.

As I said in my earlier post, you don't need to train your units. They perform really well just with a Lv10 promotion.
For me, it was the opposite story. My lower leveled units were having a bit of trouble. Leif in paticular was having a hard time getting kills.

Troykv the biggest Sofiya fan I know, yet in spite of that he can easily admit that she's not worth it, XDD
I disagree. Sophia has always been one of my top three MVPs in Binding Blade, (the other two being Rutger and Lilina). Out of the three Shamans, Raigh is the easiest to use, Sophia is the hardest to use (but its worth it) and Niime....let's move on. I can safetly say from expirience that Sophia is one of the best magic users in FE6. Another good example of a great Est-type is Amelia in Sacerd Stones. Due to starting out as a Recruit, she can become a speedy and tanky General. And quite honestly, that's amazing.

Troykv

Smash Master
I never got far enough to recruit Sara. But i'm not suprised she's good. She's an Est-type, of course she's good.
Some Est are worth it, other don't it. Sara is probably one of the best examples for an Est Character that can actually make you go better and faster. She just needs some help to gain levels... and she's already useful with her Staff Rank, and also she is the only character able to use the Anti-Petrification Staff (Kia).

For me, it was the opposite story. My lower leveled units were having a bit of trouble. Leif in paticular was having a hard time getting kills.
Well, Leif is a special case, he needs the stats boosters... and before you said this is favoristim... He's inmune to fatigue.

I disagree. Sophia has always been one of my top three MVPs in Binding Blade, (the other two being Rutger and Lilina). Out of the three Shamans, Raigh is the easiest to use, Sophia is the hardest to use (but its worth it) and Niime....let's move on. I can safetly say from expirience that Sophia is one of the best magic users in FE6. Another good example of a great Est-type is Amelia in Sacerd Stones. Due to starting out as a Recruit, she can become a speedy and tanky General. And quite honestly, that's amazing.
Eh... Sophia has decent growths (Total 280%), but she has really... really bad early levels, the fact she doesn't get decent hit rates before Chapter 18 (aprox.) and she will be always slow, her AS (Attack Speed) will be something between 2 (Level 1) and 14 (Level 20/10)... And that... is just enough to avoid Dragon Knight/Lords's Follow Ups (that is when you already train her)... And while between the magician units her defensive growths are good (60% HP / 20% Def / 55% Res)... they aren't enough to improve her horrible 15 HP/1 Def bases.

I hate that too much because Sophia is one of my favorite units in the Fire Emblem Series.

Also, while Niime probably will be the most fragile of them in long term... She is already promoted with great Weapons Ranks (Double A) and enough Magic and Skill to Sleep/Berserk/Silence pretty much any enemy in the game.

Last edited:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
After fighting in two different wars across two worlds, it would seem that our good friend Owain/Odin has decided to pursue his true passion in life....

becoming a Pokemon Master!
Latest reply ever but I literally just found this right now so...

"ODIN SPARK KNOWS NO FEAR"

Astellius

Smash Ace
My Binding Blade MVP was definitely Fir, followed by Clarine. Actually, Clarine was sometimes a liability because she was too good and the enemies always targeted her without any reason, thereby wasting so much experience. She capped her speed really early, and maxed luck too, so nothing could hit her. I definitely do like Sophia, but she's probably one of the hardest Est-archetypes to train, given her terrible hit and the bad chapters she arrives in. Her shaman animation is very cool though, and she was very powerful later. But it's probably still easier not to use her. However, she's fun to use when she's finally viable, and she has a pretty portrait and a nice character.

Also, it looks like my Utena reference went unnoticed. I'ma have to go duel someone now.

Last edited:

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Yep, it had Marth (although they called him "Mars"--good thing Fire Emblem didn't stick with that one, eh?). It's from the mid-90's. Also, with the Gamestop codes, I think that they have to be redeemed in game in the Dragon's Gate (as opposed to the main menu). I remember being somewhat confused when I redeemed my Birthright code way back when the game first came out.

My playing it will also be contingent upon the absolute destiny apocalypse not having occurred.
Lol Mars. And thanks for the heads up for the code.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Question of the day: If you could have any two weapons from Fates, what would they be? Mine would be the Omega Yato and Mjolnir

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Question of the day: If you could have any two weapons from Fates, what would they be? Mine would be the Omega Yato and Mjolnir
The Bottle and Frying Pan.

Oh wait.

...In all seriousness though, I'd definitely want the Bifrost staff. To be able to save just one person from death would be great. And then I'd want a sheep scroll, also for it's healing effects, but without that durability problem staves have.

I always think too hard about this things and pick them by real life practicality rather than coolness.

Last edited:

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
The Bottle and Frying Pan.

Oh wait.

...In all seriousness though, I'd definitely want the Bifrost staff. To be able to save just one person from death would be great. And then I'd want a sheep scroll, also for it's healing effects, but without that durability problem staves have.

I always think too hard about this things and pick them by real life practicality rather than coolness.
The Bitfrost staff is in Fates!? WHERE!!? TELL ME WISE SAGE ZACHMAC XD

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Well, Leif is a special case, he needs the stats boosters
Yeah i know. Its the same case with Roy (although in Roy's case, he has a Rapier and the early game throws Cavaliers at you so free EXP for Roy)

Eh... Sophia has decent growths (Total 280%), but she has really... really bad early levels, the fact she doesn't get decent hit rates before Chapter 18 (aprox.) and she will be always slow, her AS (Attack Speed) will be something between 2 (Level 1) and 14 (Level 20/10)... And that... is just enough to avoid Dragon Knight/Lords's Follow Ups (that is when you already train her)... And while between the magician units her defensive growths are good (60% HP / 20% Def / 55% Res)... they aren't enough to improve her horrible 15 HP/1 Def bases.
I definitely do like Sophia, but she's probably one of the hardest Est-archetypes to train, given her terrible hit and the bad chapters she arrives in.
So i actually have a method of training that can get her to around lv.8 in just one chapter. First, don't train her in Ch.14, its a desert map (I mean, you could train her in Ch.14, but if your going to, use the Mages near the starting area). Wait until you get to Ch.14x. In that map, there is a Druid with Eclipse and Physic. Surround the Druid, with Sophia being in a 1-range tile from him). He won't be able to counter-attack Sophia because she's to close. Then, have Sophia Flux or Nosferatu him to death. If you have some stat boosters (especially a Body Ring), give them to Sophia. After that Druid is dead, have Sophia do the same to the Archers. She usually ends up at around lv.7 or 8 by the end of the map. So when Ch.15 rolled along, i had Sophia kill a few enemies and when she reached lv.10, i promoted her (yes, i promote before lv.20) and she became much, much better. She still was a little on the slow side, but enough where she could double a few things and she could reliably hit enemies

She is already promoted with great Weapons Ranks (Double A) and enough Magic and Skill to Sleep/Berserk/Silence pretty much any enemy in the game.
She can't reliably Sleep/Berserk/Silence Magic users though.

The Bitfrost staff is in Fates!?
Yes. You can get it from a chest in Conquest Ch.26 or get it after beating a certain boss in Revelation Ch.26.

Nah

Smash Champion
Raijinto

it's a ****ing lightning katana what more could you want

Oh that and a dragonstone

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The Fujin Yumi

Nothing is cooler than shooting arrows of light from a cool-looking bow for absurd amounts of damage and decent critical hit ratios. Only attack from two spaces away? I'll just get the Point Blank skill and it's all good.

And a second weapon? Probably the Guard Naginata because it looks cool and allows me to become a better tank, similar to how OP Oboro becomes because of it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Omega Yato and the Fujin Yumi. You can't go wrong with a chainsaw blade and a wind bow that gets critical hits almost all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xator Nova

Smash Rookie
So i actually have a method of training that can get her to around lv.8 in just one chapter. First, don't train her in Ch.14, its a desert map (I mean, you could train her in Ch.14, but if your going to, use the Mages near the starting area). Wait until you get to Ch.14x. In that map, there is a Druid with Eclipse and Physic. Surround the Druid, with Sophia being in a 1-range tile from him). He won't be able to counter-attack Sophia because she's to close. Then, have Sophia Flux or Nosferatu him to death. If you have some stat boosters (especially a Body Ring), give them to Sophia. After that Druid is dead, have Sophia do the same to the Archers. She usually ends up at around lv.7 or 8 by the end of the map. So when Ch.15 rolled along, i had Sophia kill a few enemies and when she reached lv.10, i promoted her (yes, i promote before lv.20) and she became much, much better. She still was a little on the slow side, but enough where she could double a few things and she could reliably hit enemies
The problem is that 14x's easiest clear is a 2-turn warpskip (or a 3-turn flierskip, in case you didn't get warp). There's little motivation to stay longer and make the map more difficult unnecessarily.

EDIT: Sofiya's Lv10/1 stats are really bad. On average she has 22 HP, 15 Mag, 8 Skl, 10 Spd, 5 Lck, 5 Def, 15 Res. Even assuming a Body Ring on her, she can't double attack since Chapter 15 enemies have 8 AS ad minimum. 16 Atk, 14 AS is enough to ORKO her, something that a Mercenary in Chapter 15 also surpasses. 27 Atk OHKOs her, which the Wyvern Riders have ad minimum. She has 88% hit with Flux or Nosferatu before factoring enemy avoid. The slowest enemy in the map has 21% avoid to bring her hitrate down to 67% displayed hit (78,55% true hit), which is not reliable at all.

She can't reliably Sleep/Berserk/Silence Magic users though.
Come on, buddy, she has 176% staff accuracy (206% with Apocalypse) before factoring enemy avoid, xD

78% displayed hit (90,54% true hit).

https://youtu.be/HS5ngYgHKZU?t=4m27s

88% displayed hit (97,24% true hit)

https://youtu.be/27C2CKtHmO4?t=58s

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The problem is that 14x's easiest clear is a 2-turn warpskip (or a 3-turn flierskip, in case you didn't get warp). There's little motivation to stay longer and make the map more difficult unnecessarily.
Its not that difficult though. In fact, its actually more slightly annoying because of the water levels sometimes stopping your units.

Come on, buddy, she has 176% staff accuracy (206% with Apocalypse) before factoring enemy avoid, xD

78% displayed hit (90,54% true hit).

https://youtu.be/HS5ngYgHKZU?t=4m27s

88% displayed hit (97,24% true hit)

https://youtu.be/27C2CKtHmO4?t=58s
Then the RNG was not being nice to me. Using those Staffs against enemy Magic users doesn't always work out well for me. Then again, i don't use Niime that much, since by the time she joins, Sophia is already a Druid. Also, that technical talk tho. I don't understand it.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Lol at everyone picking Dragonstones for their items. Hope y'all are manaketes, otherwise you've just acquired a nice decorative rock!

I'd probably ask first for something like a Fire+7 or Disrobing Gale+7 tome (of course I'd ask for maximum forged items), because my magic proficiency is probably not high enough for me to use anything not ranked E. Gotta think of the practical things when considering these questions. Once I have one of those, then I could train to raise my proficiency high enough to use something like Mjolnir or Nosferatu.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
US Smash fanbase: "Gotta get those sick disrespect combos. Did you see that Sacred Combo i just pulled off? When playing as Falcon, Down Taunt to Down Taunt is a true combo"
Japan Smash fanbase

After fighting in two different wars across two worlds, it would seem that our good friend Owain/Odin has decided to pursue his true passion in life....

becoming a Pokemon Master!
Latest reply ever but I literally just found this right now so...

"ODIN SPARK KNOWS NO FEAR"
Believe it or not, it may not be a coincidence
http://nintendowire.com/blog/2016/0...suke-kozaki-designed-pokemon-go-team-leaders/
It'd be great if Owain/Odin became a character that hops between Nintendo games. Just imagine him appearing in Zelda or Xenoblade, or heck, maybe even Mario Kart.

Question of the day: If you could have any two weapons from Fates, what would they be?
Ragnarok and Omega Yato.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Am I the only one here that goes with the Siegfried? Oh and also the Ragnarok.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, after an Energy Drop and a couple of levels in Great Lord, I'm happy to say Selena has turned into quite the exceptional Bow Knight. 27 strength and 30 speed make her quite the capable archer with forged bows, and she actually has some decent bulk in defense and res!

I'm kinda stuck on what to do for Xander now though. For whatever reason, it took him 5 levels to get Sol from Hero after buddy classing from Lazlow. I wanted to get him Speed Taker from Lodestar, but now I'm worried about capping him when I'm only on Chapter 19 of Conquest. Should I just class him back into Paladin until I'm closer to Endgame, or should I just go ahead and grind for Speed Taker now?

Top Bottom