• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Notice how its been 8 months since Cloud became playable in Smash 4 and six months since Corrin and Bayonetta became playable in Smash 4, yet there's no release date for their Amiibo. What's up with that?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Notice how its been 8 months since Cloud became playable in Smash 4 and six months since Corrin and Bayonetta became playable in Smash 4, yet there's no release date for their Amiibo. What's up with that?
Maybe when they were announced, that was when they started the production process? I know that amiibo models have been leaked in their early stages before (we found out about the Mii fighter amiibos that way), so maybe they didn't start on anything until Corrin and Bayonetta were announced in order to avoid spoilers. Plus, design-wise, they're pretty complex, so I'd imagine it would take longer to make their amiibos than the Mario or Kirby series.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
6 months without new Dlc and I still have hopes for isaac
(I didnt rage because robin and corrin are cool)

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Maybe when they were announced, that was when they started the production process? I know that amiibo models have been leaked in their early stages before (we found out about the Mii fighter amiibos that way), so maybe they didn't start on anything until Corrin and Bayonetta were announced in order to avoid spoilers. Plus, design-wise, they're pretty complex, so I'd imagine it would take longer to make their amiibos than the Mario or Kirby series.
Possibly, but you'd think they would at least be mentioned at E3.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I'm glad that they did not keep these stupid flying wyverns in future Fire Emblem games.

Seriously, 12 MOV? No. Stop doing that. Thanks.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Finally beat Heirs of Fate 6 today without losing a single unit. It only took me two tries, but I only failed the first attempt because I was foolish in sending units on two sides right away instead of focusing on one.

Unlike other maps I tackled, I actually wrote an analogue of every move I did on my successful attempt. Why? Because I know how useful completing this map is for the Point Blank skill, and if I ever start a future playthrough of a route in Fates (whether it be for Takumi in Birthright/Revelation or for Niles in Conquest), I want to sweep through Lost in the Waves easily without forgetting my strategy prior. I know others will also restart playthroughs of Fates in the future, and perhaps you might need a little guide should you ever play Lost in the Waves again just so you can get your hands on the Point Blank scroll during the story.

That being said, here is my guide to Heirs of Fate 6. Hope you like it!

Note that this was completed on the Hard difficulty.

Turn 1:
The main strategy I did here was to take out each part of Anankos one at a time. I started with the left arm first, so I moved all my units to the left. I placed Velouria in a tile where she would bait one of the Spear Masters toward her. I placed Hisame in a a far right tile that would bait Subaki toward him, and I made sure Hisame had the Dual Katana equipped to counter the lance. I put Selkie behind Hisame so that she could hit Subaki with Attack Stance (I chose her for this occasion because she has Breastbone, which is effective against Pegasus/Falcon Knights). Both plans work pretty perfectly. While she takes some damage, Velouria manages to damage one of the Spear Masters. As for Hisame and Selkie, Subaki flies toward Hisame, and Hisame took out Subaki with incredibly ease thanks to the Dual Katana and Selkie duo.

Another thing worth mentioning is that the Kanas and Shigure start in the center island. It is separated from the main battlefield, and while Shigure can fly just to catch up with the group, you need to use a Rescue staff in order to fetch the two Kanas to the other children's location. After pairing up the two Kanas for the Guard Stance, I had Mitama Rescue them. You're going to need the Kanas for taking out each part of Anankos. How will they come back to the center though? You'll see.

Turn 2:
Around Velouria, there were two Spear Masters: one that was damaged from Velouria, the other was not damaged but was located three spaces away (in an L way). A Master of Arm is behind the damaged Spear Master. Kaden and Hayato are not too far away either; both are standing next to each other, and are roughly a few tiles up to create some distance space between them and the Spear Masters (and you could reach Kaden and Hayato too)

I had Kiragi kill the undamaged Spear Master. I then paired Hisame with Shiro so that the latter would receive a huge speed boost that would allow him to double almost all enemies (HIsame was paired up with Shiro for the rest of the map). Shiro proceeded to kill the Master of Arms two spaces away. Female Kana tried to throw the Kodachi to weaken Kaden, but she missed. Selkie then paired with Velouria so that she could make the latter's speed more manageable. Kaden was already pretty fast, and while sending Velouria against him was somewhat suicidal because both have Beastbane, it's exactly for that reason I did so, because she could knock out Kaden in one hit with a Beaststone+. This works in my favor, as Velouria takes out Kaden in one go with said weapon. Asugi then took out Hayato with some help from Shiro in an Attack Stance.

Turn 3:
Everyone starts moving up a bit more. Shiro enters the farthest tile from Takumi to bait him for a kill. I also used Mitama's Rally Luck to make sure Takumi wouldn't land a crit on him. Takumi arrives as planned. Shiro kills him in two hits thanks to Hisame's speed boosts. Immediately afterward, a Malig Knight located on the center island flew toward Shiro. Thanks to Vantage, Shiro landed the first strike and completed the Dual Guard meter to stop the enemy's attack. That Malig Knight goes down in the second hit.

Turn 4:
Leading up to this turn, Velouria was still paired up with Selkie, and she was staying around the left. At this point, she reached Azama and killed him with a Beastone+ (she also got a critical). I sadly forgot to write down how Hinata was taken down, but I remember it wasn't too hard. I think Shiro was involved.

Everyone was staying around the middle at this point, temporarily halting their advance to the arm. This was because Benny, Arthur, Keaton, and a Berserker from the right side were starting to close in on the group, and I needed to get ready to take them all out by.

Turn 5:
Arthur, Keaton, Benny, and the Berserker arrive to where the group is at this point. Rhajat killed the Berserker with some help from Sophie's Attack Stance (all three units where around the left side). Shiro moved down and damaged Arthur from a distance, leaving him at just 2 HP. I then paired Ignatius with Siegbert, and I moved him until he was standing right next to Shiro. I had Ignatius land the final blow on Arthur.

In the enemy phase, Benny attacked Shiro, and Shiro delivered only 1 damage back due to Pavise activating. Keaton also did some damage to Ignatius, but it wasn't too much.

Turn 6:
Kiragi, with Shiro in the Attack Stance, damage Benny until he has 3 HP left. Ignatius then kills Benny. Following that, Shiro takes care of Keaton with ease, attacking from a distance of course. During the enemy phase, a Wyvern Lord attacked Ignatius, while Silas, together with a fellow Paladin that arrived roughly two turns ago), damages Kiragi. The rest of my units were positioned in a way that only Shiro, Kiragi, and Ignatius would be affected.

Turn 7:
Sophie pairs up with Kiragi for the Dual Guard. Moving a few tiles to the right spot, Kiragi kills the Wyvern Lord. Rhajat then snags the kill on Silas, with Velouria killing the Paladin that accompanied him. An enemy Sniper from the bottom left was also closing in around this time. Siegbert damaged it, while Percy landed the kill with a Silver Axe. Mitama moves up until she is one space below Anankos' left hand. She then uses Rescue to fetch Shiro+Hisame to her location. Unlike the other units, the Kanas and Shigure were moving upward the last several turns to get ready for Anankos.

Turn 8:
Time to take out the left hand! Shiro started the attack, landing 22 damage on Anankos' left hand. He was also protected from the attack thanks to the Dual Guard. Female Kana, together with Male Kana, then snags the kill. She does get heavily damaged though, but Shigure and Mitama manage to heal her up.

With the left arm done, the rest of the children were starting to move down. A Bow Knight from the bottom right and a Falcon Knight from the bottom left, previously summoned about 1-2 turns ago, has reached the other children. Sophie damages the Bow Knight, with Siegbert killing it. As for the Falcon Knight, Midori snagged the kill since she was close enough to it.

Turn 9:
Mitama pairs up with Shigure so that he can transport her quicker. The Kanas and Shiro also keep moving down, but it will take some time for them to catch up to the others. Luckily, the other children are all together in one big group, and they were around the bottom left at this point.

An Oni Chieftain+Basara team-up arrive around that area. Leo and his retainers start moving from the top right as well. I didn't have to worry about the latter yet since it would take a few turns for them to reach me, so I set my eyes on that Oni Chieftain. Ophelia used Lightning to damage it, while Selkie snagged the kill with the Beaststone+. Kiragi then killed the Basara with a critical (though he could still kill it without that crit anyway).

Turn 10:
There's a General with a Hero closeby to where the children are. The General is using a combined effort of Nina's Shining Bow and Kiragi. With the Hero left, Siegbert damaged it, from the left, while Asugi landed the kill from the right; the latter was paired with Ophelia for the extra Resistance. Forrest then moved near Siegbert to use Rally Resistance to all those that Leo could possibly come after. In the enemy phase, Leo reaches the group and attacks Siegbert, though Siegbert manages to damage him back.

Turn 11:
It's time to take out Leo's group! Odin and Niles are also not to far behind; Odin is two tiles above Leo, with Niles right behind the former. The action is happening around the bottom right at this point. Selkie snagged the kill on Leo. Soleil, paired with Percy, kills Niles in one hit using the Silver Sword.

The Kanas and Shiro have also finally reached the other children, and so has Shigure and Mitama. Shigure kills Odin, though it was worth mentioning that Odin tried to get a Vengeance-boosted Ginnungagap on him but missed.

Siegbert then damaged the a newly arrived Bow Knight, with Sophie finishing it off with the Steel Sword. Forrest then heals Siegbert using Mend.

Turn 12:
A Malig Knight is summoned around the bottom right, but Kiragi makes quick work on it. A Falcon Knight was also summoned on the bottom left. Velouria moved until she was right above that enemy to kill it in one hit using a Beaststone+. After this, everyone stayed around the bottom to get ready for more units, while Shigure, Mitama, the Kanas, and Shiro moved up to deal with the right arm.

Turn 13:
Forrest kills a newly arrived General, paired with a Hero, using the Brynhildr. Kiragi then kills the Hero with help from an Attack Stance using Percy. Rhajat kills the Oni Chieftain, paired with a Basara, in two blows thanks to the Rabbit Spirit. Percy then does 36 damage to the Basara using the Pike-Ruin Club. Selkie kills the Basara using a Beastone. It's also worth mentioning the Oni Chieftain and the General were summoned from similar spots from last time.

Turn 14:
Only a Sniper arrived on the bottom left, but I killed it very easily using Rhajat's Horse Spirit together with Velouria for an Attack Stance.

The fact only one unit was summoned and not two surprised me, but it soon hit me that this happened because one of my units was standing over the tile where the other unit would be summoned. Thus, I made sure most of my units were standing around the bottom-most tiles to not summon any more enemies...

Turn 15:
This plan works perfectly! By having most of the children stand around the bottom-most tiles, no enemies can be summoned. This allowed to focus on all my efforts on sending the Kanas and Shiro to deal with the right arm without having to worry about additional reinforcements.

Turn 16:
Shiro and the Kanas keep moving forward. No enemy units have been summoned again because most of the other children are standing on the bottom-most tiles.

Turn 17:
Still no reinforcements appear. It was time to take out the right arm! I applied a similar strategy like I did with left arm. Shiro damaged the right arm to allow Female Kana to finish it off (Shiro even got an Astra during this). Female Kana took some heavy damage during this phase, but once again, Shigure and Mitama heal her up.

Two Dragon Veins also appear at this point: one on each side around the middle. Activating both of them will link the two sides to the center island where Anankos' head is.

Turn 18:
With the right arm, new reinforcements arrive around the other children: Ryoma, Saizo, Kaze, Xander, Laslow, and Jakob. Scary stuff! Luckily, because the other children are close to each other, they can reach whatever enemy they need to take out with ease.

Asugi damaged Xander using the Flame Shuriken, and Caeldori followed up for the kill. Sophie killed Jakob fairly using a Silver Lance, with Kiragi for the Attack Stance. Ophelia killed Laslow very easily using the Lightning spell. Ignatius, using a Silver Lance, then killed Saizo with Nina's help from an Attack Stance. After that, Percy damaged Kaze with a Silver Axe for 31 damage. Midori then kills Kaze with a Silver Yumi. Only Ryoma was left at this point. Velouria delivered 34 damage to him, and Selkie got the kill using the Attack Stance (and she got lucky too; she had a 74% chance of landing the hit).

Turn 19:
The Kanas, Shigure, Shiro, and Mitama continue to move down, while the other children hang around the bottom to prevent enemy units being summoned for a turn.

Turn 20:
While the Kanas and Shiro continue moving down, a Wyvern Lord is summoned near the other children, but Ophelia kills it very easily.

Turn 21:
I moved some of the children around a bit just to get ready. Shigure activates the right-side Dragon Vein.

Turn 22:
No enemy units have been summoned, so I move some of the children toward the left and some to the right to get ready for the two Great Knights and two Blacksmiths waiting on the center island.

Turn 23:
At this point, the Kanas have reached the left side. They activate the Dragon Vein on the left, thus bridging the gaps that originally prevented access to the center island.

Velouria takes out the Great Knight on the right with some help from Soleil's Attack Stance. Mitama is chilling around the right in the distance, and she heals Velouria using a Wane Festival. Ignatius then damages the Blacksmith on the right.. except he missed. Velouria did get some damage on the Blacksmith though thanks to the Attack Stance.

An Oni Chieftain with a Basara have also been summoned around the bottom left. Luckily, I had some units nearby to damage it, then used Caeldori to kill it. The Basara was taken out using Nina to weaken it with a Shining Bow, followed with Selkie killing it with a Beastone+. There was a Malig Knight on the bottom right as well, but Forrest killed it very easily since he was closeby.

The Great Knight on the right was also easy to take care of, with Midori landing the final blow in the end. Kiragi then killed the Blacksmith on the left with Siegbert's help from the Attack Stance. This left only the Blacksmith on the right, who damaged Kiragi in the enemy phase.

Turn 24:
Another General+Hero are summoned on the Bottom Right. Forrest kills the General very easily yet again. A Wyvern Lord is summoned on the bottom left, but it is by Ophelia's Lightning. The Hero is killed with Nina's Shining Bow and a crit from an Attack Stanced Selkie. As for the remaining Blacksmith, it was killed by Ignatius with some help from Attack Stanced Siegbert.

Turn 25:
An Onmyoji is summoned at the bottom left, while a Sorcerer is summoned on the bottom right. Caeldori kills the Onmyoji with some help from Ophelia's Attack Stance, while Asugi killed the Sorcerer (Lethality was involved). Most units stand in line at the bottom once again so that no more enemies are summoned. The Kanas, Shiro+Hisame, Kiragi, Ignatius, Mitama, and Shigure move toward Anankos' head.

Turn 26:
I only moved Shiro up so that he'd be close to Anankos' tile without getting damaged. No enemies are summoned during this turn.

Turn 27:
The attack on Anankos' head begins! Shiro lands the first hits and gets no damage in the process. Siegbert lands the next attack, but he gets some damage in the process. Shigure heals him afterward. Kiragi then attacks, but he also gets hit. Female Kana then lands the kill thanks to two Dragon Fangs (though she could've killed him without the skill activating too), and she also receives some heavy damage. This now leaves Anankos' final form: his human self (yes, you fight the human this time, not the heart).

Dwyer pairs up with Caeldori so that he can reach Kiragi and use Physic on him. At the end of the turn, a Spear Master is summoned around the middle left.

Turn 28:
Human Anankos doesn't attack immediately after the head was defeated, so I retreated everyone close to him to heal up for the turn.

Turn 29:
The Spear Master has reached the other children at this point, but Ophelia damages it with Lightning, followed with Midori landing the kill using a Silver Yumi.

With everyone healed up, it was time to begin the final offensive on Anankos! I had Shiro stand two tiles away from Human Anankos and attack him. He delivered two attacks and dodged the enemy attack, activating Seal Defense and Seal Speed in the process. Everyone else wasn't in Anankos' range; I let Shiro do most of the attacking. On the enemy phase, Anankos attacks him, but Shiro is protected due to the Dual Guard. Shiro then does 15 damage to Anankos (thanks to a crit).

Turn 30:
A Strategist summoned around Turn 28 near the middle right, and it is now moving toward the center island. Last turn, Caeldori separated from Dwyer, so she reaches the Strategist and kills it easily.

Shiro then attacks Anankos again, dealing another 15 damage total due to a critical hit. Anankos attacks again, but he misses since he only a 16% chance of landing the hit (the same thing happened last turn). In the enemy phase, Shiro is protected yet again due to working up a Dual Guard meter very quickly (Anankos also has a much higher hit rate in the enemy phase, hitting at 46% instead of 15%).

A Mechanist and Merchant duo summoned last turn started moving down as well.

Turn 31:
Shiro attacks Anankos again, dealing 12 damage again while still maintaining those Seal skills to keep Anankos at bay. A Great Knight and Berserker duo were also summoned at the top right around this point, but it will take a while for them to reach the others. Anankos attacks again, but once again, the Dual Guard from Hisame blocks the attack. Shiro deals 6 damage in this phase because one of his attacks missed.

Turn 32:
Shiro attack again, dealing 12 damage, putting Anankos at just 2 HP at this point, and dodging Anankos' attack because of that low hit percent. Kiragi then landed the blow to take down Anankos once and for all. I could've used Kana to finish it off, but I decided to use Kiragi to relive the Revelation memories where his father, Takumi, landed the final blow on Anankos.

I'm aware that this guide may not be perfect, and I might've not been accurate how I moved every possible child unit, but here are the main pointers for how to approach this map.

Main Pointers:
  • Keep all the children units together so that they all can easily reach an enemy unit should the situation demand it.
  • At the beginning of the map, pair up the two Kanas together, then have someone use Rescue to have them reach the other children. You need the Kanas to easily deal damage to Anankos' arms.
  • Take out each arm one at a time; I recommend going for the left arm first
  • Only send a few units to deal with arms. I recommend sending the Kanas in a Guard Stance, Shiro paired with Hisame, Shigure, and Mitama to deal with that (Shigure and Mitama are there for healing; Shiro and the Kanas do the attacking, while Hisame gives Shiro a crucial speed boost).
  • Once Hayato+Kaden and their units, and hopefully Takumi and his units, are defeated, keep most of the children (minus the ones that you send to fight Anankos) together around the center of the left aisle to get ready for Benny's group that is closing in around this point.
  • Keep all the children close to each other as you move them towards the bottom
  • Once Leo's group and any reinforcements are death with around the bottom, try to arrange your units in a line at the bottom-most area so that no additional reinforcements will be summoned; this will allow you to focus on sending your "Anankos destroyer" children towards the next arm without having to worry about more enemies.
  • Again, keep most of the other children together around the bottom so that they will be ready to deal with the added reinforcements (the one with Xander, Ryoma, Jakob, Kaze, Laslow, and Saizo) after defeating both arms.
  • Once those 6 reinforcements are dealt with, start arranging your units so that the split-up near the entrances of the center island while keeping some of them low. This will allow you to easily handle the enemy units coming from both the bottom and the top of the center island.
  • Once those added bottom reinforcements and the few enemy units near Anankos' head are dealt with, return most of the children toward the bottom and try to have them stand in a line formation around the bottom-most area to prevent more enemies from being summoned. Move a few children units toward the head. This time, I recommend sending the two Kanas, Shiro paired with Hisame, Siegbert, Kiragi, Ignatius, Percy, Shigure, and Mitama to deal with head. Kiragi and Siegbert serve as additional attackers, while Percy and Ignatius are there as pair-up fodder respectively. Kiragi, Shiro, Siegbert, and the Kanas will also kill Anankos' head in one turn thanks to the four working together.
  • When dealing with human Anankos, the best strategy is to use only Shiro to deal damage to Anankos. This is because he has Seal Defense and Seal Speed to lower Anankos's stats to make him more duable to fight, not to mention that Anankos only has a 16% chance of hitting Shiro paired with Hisame during the player phase. By the time it's the enemy phase, Anankos will have a 46% chance of hitting Shiro, but Shiro has managed to work up a Dual Guard meter thanks to all the attacks going on, so he's completely fine. By delivering two attacks on the enemy phase, two attacks on your phase, and having Anankos attack for a really low hit percent on your phase, Shiro will have a Dual Guard meter completed by the time Anankos attacks on the enemy phase each time. Thus, use Shiro to belittle Anankos' HP until it is at KO range for another unit.
Hope this helps!

As for my story thoughts on Heirs of Fate 6:

So it turns out the stone Ophelia had from Heirs of Fate 2 is actually the translocation crystal from her father that was given to him by Anankos in the Hidden Truths DLC. Soleil also has that crystal as well, implanted in her sword that was gifted by Laslow. After the battle, Anankos even acknowledges this by pointing out they have fulfilled their fathers' promise.

It was nice to see all the children settle on returning to Shigure to defeat Anankos, knowing that they didn't want to lose their new friend. As Shigure tries to confront Anankos alone, he and the dragon, who appears in his human form, engage in a pretty interesting exchange. Anankos mistakes Shigure for Cadros, the first king of Valla, since the two look so much alike. It's also revealed the reason Anankos has been messing with the Deeprealms is because he was trying to find the perfect Valla to rule... at least, that was what I got out of it.

Lilith also makes a special appearance to amplify the crystal's effects. Once everyone meets up with Shigure, who was about to sing to kill himself and Anankos, they are teleported to the final battle. Shigure reveals the stars are all the Deeprealms around, while the floating orbs are the Anankos for each of them.

Following the battle, it was nice to see Anankos returning to his more genuine human self again, with Lilith finally returning with the father she didn't truly know for a happy ending. Shigure then takes everyone outside to a spring. He tells them he will drop the pendant into it, and once it reaches the bottom, everyone's memories of each other will be gone. The pendant detail was a clever touch, because Azura tells him to get rid of it in her supports with him. Everyone agrees to greet each other "It's good to meet you" to bring back memories and make new friends.

The credits then play, with Shigure singing "Lost in Thoughts All Alone," only this time, he sings the fourth verse only. They also show the children being reunited with their parents, namely the Kanas, Forrest, Kiragi, Shiro, and Siegbert. It was pretty sweet to look at; Shiro's was my favorite because it showed his father giving him a hair ruffle, while Shiro was laughing in amusement. The credits even show pictures of the boss for each Heirs of Fate map facing defeat, and it is based on which unit took them out (i.e. if Selkie took out Siegbert in the first map, a picture of that fight will show during the credits).

The final scene shows the two Kanas sitting together; they are greeted by Shigure telling them, "It's good to meet you, Kana!" Both Kanas turn around with happy expression's, and then we see the pendant from the title screen touching the bottom of the lake.

Overall, my thoughts on Heirs of Fate are somewhat positive for the most part. It was great to see more characterization from the children. Some of them didn't even act as one-noted as they usually are. Namely, Selkie's dialogue very rarely involved "Play, play, play" like she usually is, Nina's dialogue rarely involved her fujoshi fantasies, Soleil's dialogue had less to do with flirting and more to do with supporting Siegbert like any friend/retainer would do, Velouria's dialogue rarely involving her dog-like behavior, etc. This allowed such children to feel more enjoyable this time around. The royal children definitely had some great moments throughout it too.

I guess the story could've been written better. Namely, there's this emphasis about "memories lead to miracles," and that just feels like something from an anime. Then again, Fire Emblem has become more anime like recently, so I guess it's not a surprise.

At least I finally got the Point Blank tome. I gave it to Takumi right away, because who doesn't want to use the Fujin Yumi from one tile away?

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so I have 224 battle points now. I'm so close to getting the Ganglari. But....My luck sucks. The last castle battle I did before I went to bed was just so unforgiving. I still won because of Master Lobster (Ryoma). But he was the only one left. He swept through everything. Vantage is OP to say the least. My Avatar, who is my most OP unit, got killed by a 1% crit from Hana. This Hana had Aether, Lethality, Quixotic, Astra, and Quick Draw. None of the skills activated but a 1% criteria did. I would have loved because she would have only dealt 25 damage.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Ok, so I have 224 battle points now. I'm so close to getting the Ganglari. But....My luck sucks. The last castle battle I did before I went to bed was just so unforgiving. I still won because of Master Lobster (Ryoma). But he was the only one left. He swept through everything. Vantage is OP to say the least. My Avatar, who is my most OP unit, got killed by a 1% crit from Hana. This Hana had Aether, Lethality, Quixotic, Astra, and Quick Draw. None of the skills activated but a 1% criteria did. I would have loved because she would have only dealt 25 damage.
Just do as many of the easy seize castles as you can find. They contribute to the total battle points.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Just do as many of the easy seize castles as you can find. They contribute to the total battle points.
Yeah but it makes me feel cheap. I'd rather earn it. And I'm on 311 points now. Also forgive my grammar, it's auto correct. XD

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm glad that they did not keep these stupid flying wyverns in future Fire Emblem games.

Seriously, 12 MOV? No. Stop doing that. Thanks.
Right. Those wyverns. They were especially bad in the desert chapter. Mystery of the Emblem has this weird thing for throwing a bunch of enemies at you without warning and no real cover. BTW, are you finding the Starsphere Shards? You need them to complete the game. You should have all of them by Ch.14.

Namely, there's this emphasis about "memories lead to miracles," and that just feels like something from an anime.
To be honest, i've never really had a problem with those types of plots, depending on the setting. Fire Emblem is a world where you have people that can turn into Dragons, books that allow you to use magic, mythical creatures such as Pegasi and Kinshi. And its a world where horses can jump like, 7 feet into the air. Why should "memories lead to miracles" be unrealistic compared to all the other things Fates does?

At least I finally got the Point Blank tome. I gave it to Takumi right away, because who doesn't want to use the Fujin Yumi from one tile away?
Make Takumi a Ballistican for maximum effect.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.

So this was my old build for Takumi after giving him Point Blank, and to be honest I was pretty happy with it. Then I realised that having bought the other DLC maps from the first wave, I could make him even better. Did some things and changed his build to this:

Well, there goes game balance I guess. :secretkpop:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
To be honest, i've never really had a problem with those types of plots, depending on the setting. Fire Emblem is a world where you have people that can turn into Dragons, books that allow you to use magic, mythical creatures such as Pegasi and Kinshi. And its a world where horses can jump like, 7 feet into the air. Why should "memories lead to miracles" be unrealistic compared to all the other things Fates does?
You have a good point. Fire Emblem is supposed to be a fantasy world after all. Guess I forgot about things like beastkins and dragons when I wrote that post.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice

So this was my old build for Takumi after giving him Point Blank, and to be honest I was pretty happy with it. Then I realised that having bought the other DLC maps from the first wave, I could make him even better. Did some things and changed his build to this:

Well, there goes game balance I guess. :secretkpop:
Can you say OP?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
NEW POKEMON INFO! First, some old Pokemon have new Alolan forms

This thing is terrifying. Also, it has a Gulpin-like thing on its tail. Also, Alola Exeggutor is part Dragon somehow.

Vulpix and Ninetails are no longer Fire-Types. They are now Ice-Types. Ninetails is also a dual Ice/Fairy. I actually prefer these forms over the original versions. They look like beautifully crafted ice sculptures. Oh and this isn't an aesthetic change, as these forms apparently change their moveset too. Vulpix is shown using Ice Beam while Ninetails is shown what looks to be Blizzard.

Shouldn't they be called Snowshrew and Snowslash? Anyways, these guys are now a dual Ice/Steel, a typing that we haven't seen before. And like the Vulpix family, these forms affect their movesets, as Sandshrew is shown using Ice Ball and Sandslash is shown using Metal Claw. And like the Vulpix family, i prefer these forms over the original. In an ironic twist, Sandshrew and Sandslash are weak to Ground, their original typing.
These Pokemon will always appear in their Alolan forms when playing Sun&Moon. But, the original variants of these Pokemon can still be transferred from previous games, and they will retain their original forms.

BUT WE ALSO HAVE NEW POKEMON

This is Oricorio. Depending on the island, this Pokemon will take one of four forms. The red form is the Baile style and it is a Fire/Flying type. The yellow form is the Pom-Pom style and it is Electric/Flying. The blue one is the Sensu style and it is a Ghost/Flying type. Finally, there's the Pa'u style (the pink one) and it is a Psychic/Flying type. Its signature move is Revelation Dance, which matches its primary type. It also has the ability Dancer, which copies any Dance moves that the opponent uses (such a Quiver Dance)

This is Minior. It is a Rock/Flying type with the ability Shields Down. What your seeing right now is its shield. In this form, it has great defense and cannot be affected by status ailments. But when its HP drops to half or below, Shields Down activates and it exposes its core

The core is more offensive based, being more faster and more powerful than its shielded form. The core also comes in different colors. This one looks like Jigglypuff, kinda.

Ok, its real name is Gumshoos but it really does look like Donald Trump. I do not support Donald Trump in any way. Anyways, as you can tell, this is the evolution to Yungoose. Nothing much else to say

These guys are both pure Grass-Types. Formantis looks pretty cute and Lurantis looks like a female Gallade, which is great. Lurantis can use the new move Solar Blade. Its basically Solar Beam, but instead of a beam, its a blade.
The pre-evolution to Mudsdale. Appearntly, Mudbray used to live all over the world, but was once hunted to near extinction and now can only be found in Alola.

The news doesn't end there. We now have a new thing called Z-Moves. Z-Moves require a Z-Ring and Z-Crystal, similar to Mega Evolution. There is a Z-Move for each type. Each Z-Move can only be used once.
Screenshot (10).png

The Electric type Z-Move is Roar of the Lightning Dragon Gigavolt Havoc
Screenshot (11).png

The Grass-Type Z-Move is Bloom Doom a.k.a death by flower
Screenshot (12).png

The Fire-Type Z-Move is Brilliant Flame of the Fire Dragon Inferno Overdrive

The Water-Type Z-Move is Hydro Vortex a.k.a whirlpool of death.

Edit: I forgot, you can ride Pokemon now. They've expanded upon the riding feature from X/Y. The best part is that you can ride Charizard.

In more news, there don't appear to be any gyms. There's this rite of passage that you do. After completing all the trials on each island, you fight the Island Kahuna. The first Island Kahuna is none other than Hala. Its because of this that i have a strong reason that Ash will win the Kalos League.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Here's all the cool new Pokemon stuff in trailer form.

Also, with this trailer it would seem that these final starter evolution leaks

are basically confirmed, as one of the Trial leaders, Mallow, shows up in the artwork for Litten's final evolution, seen here.

But in any case, I am absolutely STOKED for Sun and Moon! They've been adding so much and really shaking up the formula, which is a fantastic thing in my opinion. I can't wait to start a new journey come November!

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
To think, when this game was first announced, people were bashing Popplio for its design. Now (assuming these are indeed real), I could see the fandom turn a 180 and the final evolution becomes the "waifu" pokemon as Braixen was in Kalos.

It does give fire for these leaks. What's Ash doing in that sketch anyway?

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Here's all the cool new Pokemon stuff in trailer form.

Also, with this trailer it would seem that these final starter evolution leaks

Litten final evolution looks terrible tbh. Popplio definitely saw a lot improvement (although it appears to be another Delphox case where it gets more feminine as it evolves, despite having an 80% male ratio, unless Popplio's gender ratio gets reversed). Rowlett looks the best of the three. That being said, i'm still choosing Popplio.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Right. Those wyverns. They were especially bad in the desert chapter. Mystery of the Emblem has this weird thing for throwing a bunch of enemies at you without warning and no real cover. BTW, are you finding the Starsphere Shards? You need them to complete the game. You should have all of them by Ch.14.
Yep, I have the Starsphere. They were quite easy to get.

And this game also really likes to start chapters with a new character just smack in the middle of danger, with little protection. Wrys starts off in the middle of enemies, Navarre+Feena do too, so does Ogma and those two useless children (Sirius joins them, so that one's not so bad), and then Merric starts off in front of the throne. I'm sure there will be more to come. I forgot that I had a Rescue staff for Merric's chapter, so instead of that, I stormed over the water with all of my pegasus and dracoknight units and knocked out all the anti-flyer units (there were quite a few). But that was more difficult than it needed to be.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The Alola Exeggutor is already starting to grow on me. The Dragon-type baffles me a bit, but it looks funny. The Alola Vulpix and Sandshrew evolution lines look pretty nice, especially the former. A little surprising that they'd change into Ice-types considering Fire and Ground fit Alola perfectly, but considering one of the mountains has ice on it, I guess it's perfect for them.

As for the new Pokemon revealed, Lurantis is one of, if not my favorite Alola Pokemon revealed thus far. Great design overall. Gumshoos is pretty funny for that Trump lookalike, and Oricorio looks pretty cool in each of its forms. Don't have much to say about Mudbray, Minior, and Fomantis though.

The island challenges feel like a nice breath of fresh air considering they break the conventional Pokemon League system we've seen for six generations. I can't wait to see what the other trial challengers look like, as well as the other kahunas. The Z-moves are pretty cool as well, though considering only Pokemon holding the corresponding Z Crystal can make use of this feature, something tells me these Z moves could be some sort of way to counter Mega Evolutions.

As for the starters...
I'd probably pick Popplio of the three. Even if the design is feminine, it still looks cool. Rowlet's evolution looks cool too, especially with the archer motif. Litten's is my least favorite of the three, though I don't think it looks bad. I like the wrestler motif. It seems like it will be Fire/Fighting-type though, but a part of me wishes it will be Fire/Dark instead.

------

UPDATE

Looks like the Alola Exeggutor jokes have found its way into Fire Emblem too!

Even more...

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Copy/Pasting my thoughts from elsewhere.

Dragon Exeggutor freaks me out. Keep that thing away from me.
Ice Vulpix and Ninetails are alright, but I prefer their fire forms.
Ice Sandshrew and Sandslash are pretty cool though.

Oricorio seems like a cute novelty. I probably won’t use it, but I kind of like the fire form I guess.
I’m not fond of Minior’s design, but I think its ability is cool. I also like how its core comes in four different colors, and you can’t see which one it is until its shield is down.
Gumshoos is a step up from Yungoose, but I’m still not terribly fond of it.
Fomantis made me think of Petilil. Lurantis looks like it should be Grass/Bug or Grass/Fairy, although I guess it’s a blessing that it doesn’t have that horrible Grass/Bug typing.
Mudbray is ugly, but I like its evolution, so I still may end up with one on my team.

Ride pokemon look a lot faster than they were in XY, thank goodness for that. Also you can fly on Charizard, which is awesome. Flying on Latios and Latias was fun in ORAS, but the sky was so empty for it to be anything more than a simple novelty.

Totem Pokemon seem like an interesting new addition. I hope they’re harder than wild legendaries and the like, though. It doesn’t matter if they’re strong if they just use randomized moves like other wild Pokemon.

Now that they’ve revealed more about Z-moves, I hope people can finally shut up about pokemon fusion or whatever the anime called it. Ash Greninja freaks me out almost as much as Dragon Exeggutor.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Now that they’ve revealed more about Z-moves, I hope people can finally shut up about pokemon fusion or whatever the anime called it.
I still think we might see it in the games, although not to the extent that Ash-Greninja does it. I believe it'll be something only Greninja can use, but all Greninja will share the same appearance. Making models for each possible appearance is too unlikely. I'm saying this because i can't see something like Ash-Greninja stay as an exclusive thing to the anime.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I still think we might see it in the games, although not to the extent that Ash-Greninja does it. I believe it'll be something only Greninja can use, but all Greninja will share the same appearance. Making models for each possible appearance is too unlikely. I'm saying this because i can't see something like Ash-Greninja stay as an exclusive thing to the anime.
The anime has taken plenty of creative liberties throughout the years, such as Venustoise or that artificial Groudon form that Jirachi movie.

Ash-Greninja was probably just something they made up to justify Greninja holding up against mega evolutions without busting out ol' Charizard again, since no Kalos pokemon are able to mega evolve.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The anime has taken plenty of creative liberties throughout the years, such as Venustoise or that artificial Groudon form that Jirachi movie.
Except Venustoise was an illusion created by Ghastly and the artificial Groudon is artificial. Ash-Greninja, on the other hand, seems like an actual mechanic. The Zygarde cells debuted in the anime too, and that's being an actual mechanic in Sun&Moon.

since no Kalos pokemon are able to mega evolve
Diancie says hi. But Ash isn't allowed to own legendaries outside of movies so...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Except Venustoise was an illusion created by Ghastly and the artificial Groudon is artificial. Ash-Greninja, on the other hand, seems like an actual mechanic. The Zygarde cells debuted in the anime too, and that's being an actual mechanic in Sun&Moon.
Well those were just the first to come to my head. There's also Blue Orb Pikachu. Well, that's all I can think of right now, but the anime hasn't been scared to take creative liberties in the past.

Besides, I don't think they'd make a new mechanic just for Greninja, especially one so..weird. We all knew something new and unique was coming just for Zygarde, but there's no way I'm going to believe Ash-Greninja is actually going to be a thing in the games, especially when it's so similar to Mega Evolution already.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Introducing Darth Exeggutor.

Exeggutor has taken over the Internet, hasn't it?

Besides, I don't think they'd make a new mechanic just for Greninja, especially one so..weird.
They've done this kind of thing before though. For example, Kyurem is the only Pokemon that can actually fuse with another Pokemon. That actually brings up another thing. In the games, you need the DNA Splicers to fuse Kyurem with Reshiram or Zekrom. But in the anime, Kyurem can access those forms at will. So it could be that Ash-Greninja will be a thing in the games that activates differently than what the anime does. The result is the same but the method is different.

when it's so similar to Mega Evolution already.
Didn't stop them from doing Primal Reversion, which is just permanent Mega Evolution.

Last edited:

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
I just saw the new Sun and Moon trailer. It was very interesting. Needless to say I'm hyped. And Exeggutor is now everyone's favorite pokemon now xD

Astellius

Smash Ace
My word, the arena in New Mystery is ridiculously rigged! The vast majority of matches are hopelessly lost, regardless of the entry fee. I wanted to level up Est, but the matchups are just horrible, and a waste of money.

For example...
Fire Emblem 12__26701.jpg

Oh, and just to be clear, Est can't double that guy.

Fire Emblem 12 Arena Nonsense.jpg

Fantastic! Only 44 more hits to go Est!

Fire Emblem 12__21087.png

Go Caeda, go! I believe in you! We need the money to fund Est's arena tuition!

I reset after losing too much money, but I did manage to get Est up a few levels the next time. Fortunately, there are the drill grounds in between chapters (although they cost money).

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
My word, the arena in New Mystery is ridiculously rigged! The vast majority of matches are hopelessly lost, regardless of the entry fee. I wanted to level up Est, but the matchups are just horrible, and a waste of money.

For example...
View attachment 113647

Oh, and just to be clear, Est can't double that guy.

View attachment 113649

Fantastic! Only 44 more hits to go Est!

View attachment 113648

Go Caeda, go! I believe in you! We need the money to fund Est's arena tuition!

I reset after losing too much money, but I did manage to get Est up a few levels the next time. Fortunately, there are the drill grounds in between chapters (although they cost money).
I'm not sure if this is the case in New Mystery of the Emblem, but in the original Mystery of the Emblem, all types of Manaketes except Earth Dragons can appear as opponents in the arena. And trust me, its not very fun when it happens.

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
Just finished hector mode on fe7. Gotta say normal mode is alot easier than i first perceived and the final chapter which i previously found difficult i cleared in like 2 tries. Hard mode will hopefully be a decent bit more challenging but i gotta say i enjoyed this playthrough just as much if not more which really speaks volume about its replayability.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if this is the case in New Mystery of the Emblem, but in the original Mystery of the Emblem, all types of Manaketes except Earth Dragons can appear as opponents in the arena. And trust me, its not very fun when it happens.
I think they fixed that, as I didn't encounter any dragons in there. I recall seeing mention somewhere of prepromotes that would also sometimes encounter promoted units in the original as well. I think they fixed that, insofar as the arena may be called "fixed" (given how crappy it still is). Fortunately, the drill grounds provides an easy way to give experience, and it wasn't too hard to get Est up to lvl 20. After promotion and a couple levels, she now flies around with near impunity, like a goddess of death with her sisters, and, together, they leave nothing but a trail of blood, triangles, and half-eaten corpses in their wake...

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
I think they fixed that, as I didn't encounter any dragons in there. I recall seeing mention somewhere of prepromotes that would also sometimes encounter promoted units in the original as well. I think they fixed that, insofar as the arena may be called "fixed" (given how crappy it still is). Fortunately, the drill grounds provides an easy way to give experience, and it wasn't too hard to get Est up to lvl 20. After promotion and a couple levels, she now flies around with near impunity, like a goddess of death with her sisters, and, together, they leave nothing but a trail of blood, triangles, and half-eaten corpses in their wake...
They eat their opponents? XD

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
I finally got the Ganglari. It took a while and effort but it's worth it. Now Revelations is gonna be fun. And am I the only one who thinks the Ganglari looks badass?

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I finally got the Ganglari. It took a while and effort but it's worth it. Now Revelations is gonna be fun. And am I the only one who thinks the Ganglari looks badass?
Ganglari was my secondary sword in hoshido (killed many bosses with it )
I didnt use in nohr because, you know every Hp point conts in nohr
Revelations was the sword of silas (and latter sophie)

Top Bottom