• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Selkie also has a voice that i personally find annoying although it could be because of how she sounds when transformed.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I'm not a fan of the transformation filters either, but I had her as a Dread Fighter because Kitsune were rather useless. She was absolutely lethal against mages, and the Kitsune's even turn HP recovery synced up nicely with the Dread Fighter.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
I don't think ax-crazy is anyone's type.

Only tangentially related but I do find it comical how yandere is apparently a popular character archetype yet the real world is full of stories told at the expense of psycho girlfriends, especially with the existence of the Overly Attached Girlfriend meme.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Going back to the discussion on the last page, I think where Great Knights really shine is as Pair Up units. I find their strength, defense, and movement boost to be really nifty.

On the other hand, a general's Movement doesn't bother me. If they're lagging behind, you can just pair them up now. Their defensive role means they might be best off paired up anyway.

Actually, a General/Great Knight pair up combo sounds kind of good, now that I think about it. Maybe I'll support Benny and Effie in my next Conquest playthrough.
Really? I thought the map layouts were fine in Revelation. The only ones that bothered me were Ch.9 because wind, Ch.11 because the damn spikes kept popping up, and Ch.24 because i was going for the stealth route so i could get another pair of Boots.
A lot of the problems I had with layout in the early chapter had to do with promote units and whatnot - it might have to do with me playing on Lunatic, though. There was also that chapter where the beaststone users join and you had to squeeze everyone through a hallway at the very beginning. That felt really crammed. I paired almost everyone up just so I could make it easier on myself to move them in that level.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

Only tangentially related but I do find it comical how yandere is apparently a popular character archetype yet the real world is full of stories told at the expense of psycho girlfriends, especially with the existence of the Overly Attached Girlfriend meme.
),:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

I guess they're the type of character that people like fetishizing but wouldn't actually want to have in real life?

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
I guess they're the type of character that people like fetishizing but wouldn't actually want to have in real life?
Pretty sure it goes towards humanity's morbid curiosity. We see tons of things in games, comics, anime and other media were things are seriously out of the norm but people really want to watch it.

Example: Attack on Titan is a huge anime now and people are fascinated by what that world and the people are like. They have all these goods for the series and some people will say they love it. But there are only a very small handful of people in the real world that would ever willingly want to live in such a world.

Same thing with doomsday movies like Independence Day, people want to "experience" it while being completely safe and knowing no one is actually dying.

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Pretty much, any guy would love the idea of a girl fawning over him all the time, but in reality that would be constantly annoying and tiring to deal with, especially if said girl is a bit hit on the head.

Also I was kind of curious but if you were in the Fates universe, what class would you be and why? (no buying skills allowed just the base class and promotion or that alone I you wanna be a Jagen lol)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pretty much, any guy would love the idea of a girl fawning over him all the time, but in reality that would be constantly annoying and tiring to deal with, especially if said girl is a bit hit on the head.

Also I was kind of curious but if you were in the Fates universe, what class would you be and why? (no buying skills allowed just the base class and promotion or that alone I you wanna be a Jagen lol)
A Percy...he's a class on his own

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

Nohr Noble. Its such a unique class. Although i wouldn't mind being a Ballistican. Being a Witch would also be nice but that's female exclusive.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
I'd be down with being a Merchant. Free gold just cuz I'm lucky? I'm down with that.

Either that or a Malig Knight. Cuz why wouldn't I want to fly high in the sky and rain down hell with a Bolt Axe?

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel

Nohr Noble, swords, magic and turn into a dragon. If not that then probably a Ninja for many obvious reasons.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Takumi has a tank now...what the ****ing **** did I do?

Astellius

Smash Ace
Dark Flier. I'm an incredibly mobile and flexible unit, capable of raining down heavy magic, while also capable of light physical damage and withstanding a couple blows. Also, screw master seals. You don't have to waste time getting me up to level 20 in order to get the promotion boost--I come with it. I have promotion stats early on while still getting all the exp possible. I will be useful and incredibly powerful at all points in the game. Eventually, I'll get Galeforce, which is still undoubtedly one of the best skills in the game. With my high mobility plus Galeforce, I can easily go deep into the enemy territory, snipe a foe, and then return to safe ground in one turn. While I am not a class that was originally included, after you have me around, you'll wonder how you ever got through anything without me.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I'd want some kind of hybrid class that uses melee and magic attacks. I dunno, always been a fan of those. I doubt I can lay claim to the Tactician class since it's Robin-exclusive in Fates, though. Maybe Dark Knight, or some less dark counterpart?

Astellius

Smash Ace
I'd want some kind of hybrid class that uses melee and magic attacks. I dunno, always been a fan of those. I doubt I can lay claim to the Tactician class since it's Robin-exclusive in Fates, though. Maybe Dark Knight, or some less dark counterpart?
Grandmaster is available for all male units via DLC. I went with Dark Flier, so I don't see why you can't do Grandmaster, unless you're a girl (it's a gender-locked class for some reason). Dark Knight is mixed, oriented more towards magic, Malig Knight is also mixed but more attack oriented. Also, Nohr Noble, Dark Flier, and Basara, those fit the bill as well, and, when you add in magic weapons, plenty of other classes are suitable hybrids.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Berserker.
I'm always happy when Arthur scores a critical hit with that Great Club.
"JUSTICE STRIKES!"

Arrei

Smash Lord
I want to say a flying unit of some sort but being honest I'd probably be deathly afraid of falling off my steed.

I'm also wimpy as all get-out so I'm not really suited for combat at all. In that case, gimme Ballistician so my tank can do all the fighting for me.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I think I would like to be a Knight/General because I like the concept of being a completely unstoppable force (except for when it comes to magic).

That or Onmyoji so that I could have strong magic attacks and could also heal.

Gildiss

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0103-9270-5127
I would like to be a dark mage because I like darkness and I don't have to fight physically.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Takumi with a tank is a heartless monster

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Definitely a Malig Knight, I can fly on a dragon and fight with magic, there is something cooler than this?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I was kind of curious but if you were in the Fates universe, what class would you be and why? (no buying skills allowed just the base class and promotion or that alone I you wanna be a Jagen lol)
Definitely a ninja. Weakening my units with shurikens and taking out mages would feel oh so satisfying.

Being a hero would be pretty cool too.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
What class would I want to be?

Now, if I'm being asked which class would be my favorite, I'd say Wyvern Rider, since dragons are cool and wyverns are no exceptions.

If I were actually in the FE universe, however, that probably wouldn't be the case. I'm not exactly gutsy. I really don't want to be out on the front line and I am a tad bit scared of heights. I'd probably be a Strategist so that I can play it safe. I've always been a huge nerd anyway, so it fits.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well i think I would be a tactician because i kinda act like a very logical person and because I prefer to be balanced in every aspect than be super ofensive or defensive
That or Dark Knight for almost the same reason above

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
(I really need to stop my month long breaks from here...)
Trying to figure out Revelation pairings, this is what I'm thinking of doing. It's a weird combination of good stats and classes, good hair colors for the kids, and that the parents at least make some sense together.
So these 4 are the only ones I've done so far, so I can't change these.
Leo!Felicia
Laslow!Peri
Niles!Nyx
Corrin!Soleil
Technically I do have an older save before I has Niles and Nyx marry so if I desperately need to change that then I can. But the rest are for sure.

What I have planned for everyone else is:
Ryoma!Oboro
Takumi!Camilla
Subaki!Selena
Azama!Orochi
Kaden!Setsuna
Hayato!Sakura
Odin!Elise

And the next few were the ones I had left and I really didn't know what to do with these, so input on what to change here is what I need.
Xander!Effie
Hinata!Kagero
Saizo!Hana
Silas!Hinoka
Jakob!Rinkah
Kaze!Azura
Arthur!Mozu
Benny!Beruka
Keaton!Charlotte
So please yell at me and how some of these are terrible and how I should change them :)

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
(I really need to stop my month long breaks from here...)
Trying to figure out Revelation pairings, this is what I'm thinking of doing. It's a weird combination of good stats and classes, good hair colors for the kids, and that the parents at least make some sense together.
So these 4 are the only ones I've done so far, so I can't change these.
Leo!Felicia
Laslow!Peri
Niles!Nyx
Corrin!Soleil
Technically I do have an older save before I has Niles and Nyx marry so if I desperately need to change that then I can. But the rest are for sure.

What I have planned for everyone else is:
Ryoma!Oboro
Takumi!Camilla
Subaki!Selena
Azama!Orochi
Kaden!Setsuna
Hayato!Sakura
Odin!Elise

And the next few were the ones I had left and I really didn't know what to do with these, so input on what to change here is what I need.
Xander!Effie
Hinata!Kagero
Saizo!Hana
Silas!Hinoka
Jakob!Rinkah
Kaze!Azura
Arthur!Mozu
Benny!Beruka
Keaton!Charlotte
So please yell at me and how some of these are terrible and how I should change them :)
Instead of Takumi!Camilla, i would do Takumi!Oboro just because Oboro is in love with Takumi, as proven with her Conquest death quote. I also would suggest Corrin!Azura but you've already done Corrin!Soleil and there's nothing i can do about that.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I would be a ninja, I suppose. Killing enemies with Lethality feels great.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Instead of Takumi!Camilla, i would do Takumi!Oboro just because Oboro is in love with Takumi, as proven with her Conquest death quote. I also would suggest Corrin!Azura but you've already done Corrin!Soleil and there's nothing i can do about that.
Wait...Oboro is in love with Takumi? Gotta hook these mofos up if this is true.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Yep good thing its not like Cordelia... or Flora... or pseudo Cordelia. Dang it why does my chosen waifu always have to have a OTP you can't get in the game that I never know of? And happen to be voiced by Julie Ann Taylor?

Why:drsad:?

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Characters like Flora and Scarlet all really add to the evidence that the S-support system and children characters were kind of forced in later into development.

Seriously though, I really hope they handle supports better next game. I don't think anyone will stop playing just because they can't make their avatar have a baby with Gunter.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Wait...Oboro is in love with Takumi? Gotta hook these mofos up if this is true.
Oboro is in love with Takumi, as proven with her Conquest death quote.
Oboro's crush is also revealed very early in Birthright, Chapter 9 when she and Hinata first appear to be exact. During their dialogue, Oboro tells Hinata that she wishes he was kidnapped instead of Takumi. Following that, she says, "Then it would be me and Takumi chilling at an Izana sauna" while heavily blushing. Hinata then calls Oboro out and tells her to keep her feelings to herself. I know one of you never played Birthright, but I'd thought that I share that as an interesting tidbit.

I like Oboro's crush on Takumi too. Aside from the two having an adorable relationship, I'm just glad Oboro's crush is nowhere like Tharja's obsession with Robin, Rhajat's obsession with Corrin, or Cordelia's feelings for Chrom, all of which get emphasized way too much. Meanwhile, not too many supports or dialogues in Fates elaborate on Oboro's crush compared to the other three characters, giving more focus to Oboro's character outside of her relationship with Takumi.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oboro's crush is also revealed very early in Birthright, Chapter 9 when she and Hinata first appear to be exact. During their dialogue, Oboro tells Hinata that she wishes he was kidnapped instead of Takumi. Following that, she says, "Then it would be me and Takumi chilling at an Izana sauna" while heavily blushing. Hinata then calls Oboro out and tells her to keep her feelings to herself. I know one of you never played Birthright, but I'd thought that I share that as an interesting tidbit.

I like Oboro's crush on Takumi too. Aside from the two having an adorable relationship, I'm just glad Oboro's crush is nowhere like Tharja's obsession with Robin, Rhajat's obsession with Corrin, or Cordelia's feelings for Chrom, all of which get emphasized way too much. Meanwhile, not too many supports or dialogues in Fates elaborate on Oboro's crush compared to the other three characters, giving more focus to Oboro's character outside of her relationship with Takumi.
I finished Birthright and Conquest and never noticed this...must've accidentally skipped the conversation

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The fact that she liked Takumi was actually the first thing I actually ever heard about Oboro.
It was in some Japanese magazine where Oboro was being shown off for the first time, and her description said she had a crush on Takumi and hated Nohr.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I would be a ninja, I suppose. Killing enemies with Lethality feels great.
Those Earthbound-ish sprites of the Fates characters in your signature. Where did you find them?

Characters like Flora and Scarlet all really add to the evidence that the S-support system and children characters were kind of forced in later into development.
To be fair, Awakening also had these types of characters. Characters that clearly should've had more than just 2 support options (Avatar+one other character) but they don't and can only marry the Avatar, even if the other support option is of the opposite gender (such as between Basilio and Flavia). In Revelation, it looked to me as if Ryoma was in love with Scarlet. And i see no reason why Flora can't support with Jakob. Anna is the only character where it makes sense that only the Avatar can support and marry her, because she's DLC.

I don't think anyone will stop playing just because they can't make their avatar have a baby with Gunter.
The next FE game would be released in 2018-2019. That's just my prediction as historically, Fire Emblem games have been released 2 years apart, (1 year apart for the early ones). By that time, i feel that most of the Awakening fans would have already matured to where they feel that "waifus" aren't necessary. And just as the freshmen student will one day bash on the freshmen students when he's a senior, the Awakening fans will bash "insert new FE game here" and its fans because they have waifus. Because that's how the world works. The cycle has always been like that, and will continue to be like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom