• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So, you may probably know this, but Warp isn't as broken as i thought. Instead of letting you warp anywhere on the map and then attack, you only get to warp next to allies and then attack. Its still pretty broken but slightly less than i originally thought. Galeforce+Warp is a scary thought though.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Japan is getting the Fates-themed New 3DS XL. It comes with a bunch of other goodies, two of them being two cipher cards

Interestingly, we see male Corrin with Nohr and female Corrin with Hoshido. This is interesting because male Corrin is usually shown with Hoshido while female Corrin is usually shown with Nohr.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Japan is getting the Fates-themed New 3DS XL. It comes with a bunch of other goodies, two of them being two cipher cards

Interestingly, we see male Corrin with Nohr and female Corrin with Hoshido. This is interesting because male Corrin is usually shown with Hoshido while female Corrin is usually shown with Nohr.
I've always thought Kamui would fit better with Hoshido/Birthright or Revelations, while Corrin's more of a Conquest guy

alguidrag

Smash Ace
My favorite childs so far (I only played hoshido because i dont have money for nohr) Selkie (she is cute and is my magic tank but her def...) Midori (ok this thing alredy became at least 5 classes in my hand, actually is a MNinja but i dont know if she will stay that way forever) Kana (the cute little baby dual-sword dragon that destroyed both chapter 27 and endgame all alone)Hisame (he is cool, but he is in that phase) and Kiragi (he seems like a small Takumi, but cooler weaker faster without a badass bow and more happy)

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Favorite Fates kids? Well, #1 is obviously Ophelia. Among the rest of the Conquest kids, there's Soleil and Nina. The Hoshido kids it's Kiragi. His voice may come off as obnoxious for some people, but I enjoy his optimism and the positivity he spews out.

There's also the fact that if Azura is his mother, he'll reveal to her that he also has a gift for singing and he too can attract animals like Shigure. What makes him great to me is this exchange of dialogue he has with his mother, Azura.

Aqua!Kisaragi: You see, Animals gather and relax around me when I sing.

Aqua: …Animals gather around you when you sing?

Aqua!Kisaragi: Yup! That’s why it becomes handy when I hunt. I lure them with my song and then I shoot them with my bow!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
My favorite Fates kids are Kana, Shigure, Soleil, Ophelia, Caeldori, Mitama, Nina, and Velouria. Those are just my favorites. I do like the rest of the children (except Rhajat).

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
My favorite children units in Fates definitely go to Selkie and Shiro. Selkie because she's really cute and has a lovable, playful personality, while Shiro has this cool vibe to him that contrasts from his father's serious personality. Kiragi is definitely a close second due to his optimism and positivity, plus his conversations with Takumi are one of, if not, the best father-son support conversations in the game.

I still haven't recruited all of the Nohr children, but from the ones I recruited thus far, Velouria, Nina, and Siegbert are the ones that I really like.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My favorite Fates kids are Kana, Shigure, Soleil, Ophelia, Caeldori, Mitama, Nina, and Velouria. Those are just my favorites. I do like the rest of the children (except Rhajat).
Is Rhajat exactly like Tharja?

Arrei

Smash Lord
Basically, although Rhajat has a reason explained for her behavior.

I'm also hearing about the localization making her a lot more of a one-trick pony in her stalkerishness, as apparently the original support scripts showed off a softer side of her.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Personally, I'd say my favorite kids are Asugi, Caeldori, and Midori.
I haven't got any of the Nohr kids other than Igatius so I don't have an opinion on them yet.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Basically, although Rhajat has a reason explained for her behavior.

I'm also hearing about the localization making her a lot more of a one-trick pony in her stalkerishness, as apparently the original support scripts showed off a softer side of her.
Her whispering is kinda disturbing

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Ok, so just wondering, is anybody gonna try out this game when it comes out?

While i'm not exactly looking forward to it like i was with Fates and Xenoblade X, i'm still giving this game a chance (unlike most people on the Internet). That being said, i don't have a Wii U so the only way i can play #FE is by going over to my friend's house, since he's planning on getting the game. But i do believe that his game will be an enjoyable experience.

You guys may know Linkmstr on Youtube. He's one of the more popular Youtubers who uploaded Fates gameplay back before Fates was released in the States. Linkmstr also played through #FE and on the final battle and ending video, here's what he had to say on the game:

"Sure, it may not have been what many people have expected, but don't underestimate it for what it looks like.
1. The game's really fun.
2. The battle system is probably the better than all the current Megaten games (until Persona 5 comes out). Session, dual arts, and ad-lib attacks are amazing and the weapon triangle from the FE series was a great addition, as well. I just never get tired of watching these attack animations. They're so addicting to watch. lol
3. The story is actually well-written. Of course, it's not on par with, say, Persona 4, but it's still pretty good.
4. The characters are also well-written. They also have their own side-quests where you learn more about them and solve their troubles in not just showbiz, but also what's going through their lives, in general. And completing those side-quests also lets the characters learn new skills and abilities and can make battles much more intense and fun.
5. The character animations are also well-done especially in battles. I can never get tired of watching them move around and attack enemies.
6. There's also a lot of references to SMT and FE series.
7. The songs are actually well-made and if you look up their lyrics on them, for example: Reincarnation, they have a deeper meaning than what you may expect. The rest of the OST in this game is quite nice as well.
8. And much more! In other words, don't knock it till you try it. It's much better than you may think. ATLUS and Nintendo worked really hard to make this game. You can definitely see the amount of effort they put into it to make this solid game"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

While i'm not exactly looking forward to it like i was with Fates and Xenoblade X, i'm still giving this game a chance (unlike most people on the Internet). That being said, i don't have a Wii U so the only way i can play #FE is by going over to my friend's house, since he's planning on getting the game. But i do believe that his game will be an enjoyable experience.

You guys may know Linkmstr on Youtube. He's one of the more popular Youtubers who uploaded Fates gameplay back before Fates was released in the States. Linkmstr also played through #FE and on the final battle and ending video, here's what he had to say on the game:

"Sure, it may not have been what many people have expected, but don't underestimate it for what it looks like.
2. The battle system is probably the better than all the current Megaten games (until Persona 5 comes out). Session, dual arts, and ad-lib attacks are amazing and the weapon triangle from the FE series was a great addition, as well. I just never get tired of watching these attack animations. They're so addicting to watch. lol
3. The story is actually well-written. Of course, it's not on par with, say, Persona 4, but it's still pretty good.
4. The characters are also well-written. They also have their own side-quests where you learn more about them and solve their troubles in not just showbiz, but also what's going through their lives, in general. And completing those side-quests also lets the characters learn new skills and abilities and can make battles much more intense and fun.
5. The character animations are also well-done especially in battles. I can never get tired of watching them move around and attack enemies.
7. The songs are actually well-made and if you look up their lyrics on them, for example: Reincarnation, they have a deeper meaning than what you may expect. The rest of the OST in this game is quite nice as well.
8. And much more! In other words, don't knock it till you try it. It's much better than you may think. ATLUS and Nintendo worked really hard to make this game. You can definitely see the amount of effort they put into it to make this solid game"
I'll probably try it out. I've never really played a game of this kind though but I'm willing to give it a chance despite what people think of it.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Almost forgot, today is Effie's birthday!

Make sure you wish her happy birthday. We all can never forget how clutch she was in all of our Conquest playthroughs. She deserves all of the birthday wishes for the hard work she does!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Almost forgot, today is Effie's birthday!

Make sure you wish her happy birthday. We all can never forget how clutch she was in all of our Conquest playthroughs. She deserves all of the birthday wishes for the hard work she does!
And for being Percy's mother

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Normally I wouldn't care to much about a game like that. I'm not really that into J-pop and what not, but...my sister is really looking forward to it, so we'll probably end up with a copy of the game anyway. And since she's going to get it, then hey, I may as well give it a fair chance.

It still seems really weird to me that FE would have a crossover spin-off about popstars in modern day Tokyo, though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I feel like the game will do well in America like Pokken did...even though both did bad in Japan(Pokken on the arcades atleast did bad)

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
It still seems really weird to me that FE would have a crossover spin-off about popstars in modern day Tokyo, though.
Not sure if this will entirely explain why but i did research the origins of this game and what i found was actually a bit interesting.
"The origins of Tokyo Mirage Sessions date back to 2011, during a point when Atlus was working with Nintendo on an app for the DSi and 3DS. Kaori Ando, a producer at Nintendo, approached her coworker Hitoshi Yamagami with the suggestion that they pitch Atlus the idea of working together on a crossover between Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei. Atlus initially turned down the pitch due to not having the time for the project, but in 2012 reopened talks with Nintendo regarding the idea."
The Tokyo part is easy to explain: Its the key setting in most of the SMT titles. I also believe one of the people at Intelligent Systems said he'd always wanted to see a Pegasus fly down from the Shibyua 106 building. As for the J-pop aspect, i'm still not entirely sure where it came from but i feel its definitely a unique aspect of the game.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

So this Beserker attacked Hana while she was at full health at 29 HP and managed to land a hit. But then Kaze's Miraculous Save activated and she lived. So Hana did her counter attack and got a crit. Then she did a double attack and got a crit AGAIN.

Praise the RNGoddess her beautiful sense of humor.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

So this Beserker attacked Hana while she was at full health at 29 HP and managed to land a hit. But then Kaze's Miraculous Save activated and she lived. So Hana did her counter attack and got a crit. Then she did a double attack and got a crit AGAIN.

With man

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
.There's also the fact that if Azura is his mother, he'll reveal to her that he also has a gift for singing and he too can attract animals like Shigure. What makes him great to me is this exchange of dialogue he has with his mother, Azura.

Aqua!Kisaragi: You see, Animals gather and relax around me when I sing.

Aqua: …Animals gather around you when you sing?

Aqua!Kisaragi: Yup! That’s why it becomes handy when I hunt. I lure them with my song and then I shoot them with my bow!
I also married Takumi and Azura and the brother supports it spawned between Shigure and Kiragi are some of my favourites just for how much of a great Big/Little brother situation it makes

Instead of saying I might try it, I'm DEFINITELY gonna get it. I personally love the SMT series, as well as the Persona spin-offs, and so far fates is becoming my favourite game of 2016. A combination seems like it would be so much fun

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

There was this one enemy unit (I don't remember which one though) that only had a 1% hit rate and I still took the hit.
The RNG in this game can be bull****tin sometimes.

As I once said, I might get it after it comes out. I'm still skeptical about it.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Introducing TANKumi the Ballistican

And Ophelia the Witch

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Earlier today, someone posted this picture of peach in a "fire emblem-ish" style on twitter:

Wouldn't it be cool if fates were compatible with more amiibo than just the fire emblem cast, somehow?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The early levels were awful. I heard that Lunatic mode Revelations was cancerous, but oh my gosh, I didn't expect the map layouts to be that bad. And I heard that the level balance for playable characters was bad, but no one told me about enemy units. Why is a level 18 cavalier in charge of Paladins? And at the frozen sea, the enemies were made up almost entirely out of pre-premotes, except for on Camilla's/Flora's ship which was full of Sorcerers and Beserkers but had one random Outlaw in the middle. It's like that they decided that rather than making the playable characters join at balanced levels, they wanted to give an assortment of strong and weak enemies to match.

The plot was not really there. It was pretty much just "let's go find allies" filler. Which is fine, I guess, but what was up with Izana's death? It was just random and served no good purpose for the plot or for anyone's characterization. No one even seemed to care that he died that much. It kind of happened.

And in the White/Black Flames chapters...ugh, not being able to save in between them was kind of dumb. Thankfully Black Flames wasn't so painful, so I had little difficulty clearing it with no casualties on second try. Also, in White Flames, I ran into an annoying glitch were a pair of Beserkers were able to pass through an active wall of flames, even though my units couldn't pass through it. It almost cost Azama's life, but he had surprisingly good defense for a healer, and one of the two Beserkers opted to attack Ryoma instead for some bizarre reason despite only having a 1% chance to hit. Still though, Revelations clearly didn't receive nearly as much polish as Birthright and Conquest did and it really shows. Just look at the opening sequence where it breezes through all the royal characters super quickly(that CG does not look easy or cheap to animate, though, so I'll cut them some slack on that).

But oh well, now I'm back in Valla and the gameplay isn't looking that bad so far - mostly because now that all the enemies are promoted, so their levels aren't varying too much anymore. The plot is starting to move a bit to, so I'm actually sort of starting to enjoy it. I'm feeling optimistic about it now.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
well... when the game was only in japanese I thought that Izana death was because when he predicted the future, he said something about Valla, and got killed by the curse, but it seems that he died only because the prediction was too strong for him or something like that

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
What are people's opinion on Great Knights as a class? I've heard varying opinions on them, to some saying they are pretty good and better than generals and others saying that they are horrid in this game.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
What are people's opinion on Great Knights as a class? I've heard varying opinions on them, to some saying they are pretty good and better than generals and others saying that they are horrid in this game.
I couldn't give you a broader picture, unfortunately, but I can say that Silas has worked really well as a Great Knight in my Birthright playthrough. The added defense has really helped out when Hoshido has so few defensive units. With a Guard Naginata in hand, not much can even scratch him!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I didn't expect the map layouts to be that bad.
Really? I thought the map layouts were fine in Revelation. The only ones that bothered me were Ch.9 because wind, Ch.11 because the damn spikes kept popping up, and Ch.24 because i was going for the stealth route so i could get another pair of Boots.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
GKs are... decent. Good physical stats and 7 Mov can have a place in most armies, and in my opinion the General's 5 Mov is just too much of a downside to work with. Silas was very useful in Birthright, and having Great Knight Jakob was a big boon, as he's one of your few options for sturdier units, and he was able to ride around the battlefield providing Gentilhomme and Supportive Partner as necessary while also carrying a Hammer/Armorslayer for killing all the Generals and Great Knights the enemy armies themselves had. Having Tomebreaker for anti-magic purposes was pretty slick too, mostly negating the issue of the class' poor Res.

But they're pretty much pushed out of the spotlight by Xander and Keaton/Velouria in Conquest and Revelation, the former's stat distribution basically makes him a mobile General with a divine weapon even without being in the Great Knight class, and the Wolf Señors boast high all-around stats, giving you two tanky units already. Then there are Camilla and Beruka, and flying units are extremely valuable in Conquest, and Leo, who is again slow and tanky - in fact, I even dropped Leo because I had need of more accuracy and stronger magic than he could provide. Both Effie and Silas fell out of use after Xander showed up, especially since there are a buttload of fast enemy units in both of those campaigns, and though I tried to make use of Sophie as a Great Knight she was holding her own considerably worse than Xander, Camilla, and Velouria. I tried to make use of Peri in Revelation, but again she paled in comparison to the other tank units.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
I've made my Avatar into a Great Knight and so far it's working wonders for me. Rend Heaven/Dragon Fang, Astra, Luna, Hoshidan Unity and Quixotic is great with such a tanky, high movement unit, allowing me to go in with a Guard Naginata and just destroy things on the counterattack with my skills. Besides, having access to every point of the weapon Triangle seems like its always a good thing. It helps patch up the lower skill cap of the GK in that he's less likely to miss when you're on the offensive. Don't take my word for it though, this is my first playthrough of any FE game.

Top Bottom